Brick TeeVee is a preview of the Sunday Talking Head Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media, plus some good progressive radio and who will be on which show. If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have, please share below. Post your comments while you watch! It's fun, it's healthy and doggonit at least we'll know others can also see through the media manipulation that blankets our public airwaves. DEBUNK HERE!
So, with no further ado, I present to you This Week's Brick TeeVee entry!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Just when you think it's safe to turn on the teevee again, what with a new Dem administration and all, the Fifth Estate wakes up from its eight-year slumber to find out they should ask hard questions of the administration! As Eric Boehlert of Media Matters notes "When contrasting the early Clinton and Bush coverage, I noted it would be deeply suspicious if, in 2009, the press managed to turn up the emotional temperature just in time to cover another Democratic administration. But wouldn't you know it, the press corps' alarm went off right on time for Obama's arrival last week, with the Beltway media taking down off the shelf the dusty set of contentious, in-your-face rules of engagement they practiced during the Clinton years and putting into safe storage the docile, somnambulant guidelines from the Bush era. In other words, one set of rules for Clinton and Obama, another for Bush. One standard for the Democrats; a separate, safer one, for the Republican." Of course the Republicans are up to their old tricks, making up stories out of whole cloth, like the alleged claims of a non-existent Congressional Budget Office report on the Obama economic recovery plan. And wouldn't you know it, the U.S. Press Corpse didn't even fact-check ONE THING (like that it didn't exist) and let the GOPhers spew lies about a mythical CBO report for days on-end. See Media Matters Myths and falsehoods surrounding the economic recovery plan for the whole sordid saga. But it gets even worse! Think Progress has documented a REPORT: GOP Lawmakers Outnumber Democratic Lawmakers 2 To 1 In Stimulus Debate On Cable News (H/T toniD @ samsedershow.com blog). So, with ALL THAT in mind, the Sunday Funnies should not be too surprising. This George has ONE Democrat in BARNEY FRANK who will be GIVING THE BIZNESS to a bunch of CEOs and JIM DEMINT. CHUCK SCHUMER will try valiantly to fend off more BS from MITCH MCCONNELL on Face the Bob, while JOHN KERRY will use a sleep-inducing 1-2-3 on KAY BAILEY HUTCHISON on Meet the David. And this week it's Senate Majority Whip DICK DURBIN going over to GOP cheerleader Faux News, battling noted "economist" JON KYL, haha! CNN's State of the King has Michigan's guv JENNIFER GRANHOLM as the lone voice of reason. If you get bored with SB XLIII tune into 60 Minutes rerun of "The Road to the White House". Don't miss Ring of Fire Radio's interview with DON SEIGELMAN, now that John Conyers subpoenaed KARL ROVE again about the mysterious firings of nine U.S. attorneys and the prosecution of former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman. The Brick TeeVee crew can't figure out the over/under in SB XLIII so they're going to pay attention to the funny $3 million-a-minute ads, including the entire 3-D break (expected to run near the end of the second quarter), and BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN at halftime. That should get us to our local FM's broadcast of Little Steven's Underground Garage, a Sunday night staple in the Brick TeeVee compound.
Find the Cardinals fan
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
Peter B. Colllins on 911 What's the real story on 911? Guest Richard Gage at ae911truth.org joins Peter to discuss the subject. Also, Dylan Avery 911 Loose Change. Click Peter B Collins 01/30/09 H2 @ Green 960
Super Bowl XLIII: Steelers vs. Cardinals LIVE from Tampa, Florida. Coverage begins at 6 pm et on NBC (actually, NBC will have pre-game ALL DAY)
CORRECTION: Last week we referred to the 112th Congress. The current session is the 111th. Sorry.
- This Week (ABC)
• Google's Eric Schmidt
• FedEx CEO Fred Smith
• Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass.
• Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C.
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News' George Will and Martha Raddatz, The New York Times' David E. Sanger and Bob Woodward of the Washington Post
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• SEN. MITCH McCONNELL R-Ky.
• SEN. CHARLES SCHUMER D-N.Y.
• DAVID BROOKS Columnist, The New York Times
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 60 Minutes Pre-empted Feb. 1 Sunday’s 60 Minutes will be pre-empted for the CBS News special CBS REPORTS: "The Road to the White House," a chronicle of Barack Obama’s historic journey to the presidency reported by Steve Kroft. We return with an all-new edition of 60 Minutes on Feb. 8 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
- Meet the Press (NBC) Special airtime for Super Bowl Sunday!
On Sunday, February 1, "Meet the Press" will air at 11 a.m. ET on most NBC stations due to coverage of the Super Bowl. Check your local listings.
• SEN. KAY BAILEY HUTCHISON (R-TX) Member, Banking Committee & Ranking Member, Commerce Committee
• SEN. JOHN KERRY (D-MA) Member, Finance Committee
• ROUNDTABLE: CNBC's Erin Burnett, Forbes' Steve Forbes, and Moody's Economy.com's Mark Zandi.
- Late Edition (CNN) CANCELLED!!!
- State of the Union With John King (CNN) NEW SHOW!
The new program, hosted by CNN Chief National Correspondent John King, airs every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Gov. Tim Pawlenty, R-Minn.
• Gov. Jennifer Granholm, D-Mich.
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.
• Sen. John Ensign, R-Nev.
• Howard Kurtz (formerly of CNN's "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union")
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- MARON v SEDER
Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
Go to MaronvSeder.com to watch & listen! Very cool!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Ron Suskind, author of the recent book “The Way of the World,” will be here to tell us how the Bush administration lied us into an endless war in Iraq by forging letters that claimed that Saddam Hussein was building weapons of mass destruction.
• Author and columnist Jim Hightower will tell us about the latest GOP talking points that say that FDR actually helped prolong the Great Depression.
• Don Siegelman, former governor of Alabama, will join us to talk about his thoughts on the new subpoena for Karl Rove, and what he hopes the Obama Administration will do to finally clear his name.
• Greg Floyd, president of the Teamster’s Local 237, will stop by to talk about the dismal state of public housing in America, and what union workers are doing to help fix the problems.
• And Bob Shavelson, environmental activist from Alaska, will give us the latest scoop on Sarah Palin.
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- NEW SHOW! UNREPORTED NEWS on Nova M The Unreported News Radio Show is a show about how Main Stream Media ignores certain News Stories about the issues that affect the Lives of so many people. The Unreported News Radio Show will look at these issues and discuss the ways we can pushback on Mainstream Media for fair Reporting. 11 am et on www.1190novam.com
• Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, D-Ill.
• Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.
• Michael Steele, Republican National Committee chairman
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!