Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best progressive media!
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
All bets are off as the country embraces Walter Cronkite's passing. But no doubt they'll try. The much more important British Open pushes out This Snufagopolis, so we tune to Face the Bob with CHARLIE "Where's my General" RANGEL and Brick Target MICHAEL STEELE. Meet the David gets Head Obstructionist MITCH McCONNELL and KATHLEEN "force everybody to get swine flu vaccinations" SEBELIUS who sez "I want to be clear: This summit is not about raising alarms or stoking fears. It is about being prepared." Vaccinations against swine flu are likely and probably will begin in mid-October, assuming soon-to-start studies go well. But she says first in line for shots likely will be school-age children, young adults with conditions such as asthma, pregnant women and health workers. Okay then! Shots for everybody! As Gonzo Journalism tells us "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro". Thusly This Fall: Mandatory Swine Flu Vaccines? @ the citizen.com: Health and Human Services Secretary (and Bilderberg member) Kathleen Sebelius told the Associated Press on June 16 that she is urging school superintendents around the country to spend the summer preparing for a massive swine flu vaccine this fall and added that schools are being put on notice that they might be turned into factory assembly line shot clinics. “If you think about vaccinating kids, schools are the logical place,” Sebelius said. On May 6, the Obama administration announced “an unprecedented fall vaccination campaign that could entail giving Americans three flu shots — one to combat annual seasonal influenza and two targeted at the new swine flu virus spreading across the globe,” the Washington Post reported. That's nice! Be sure to have plenty of bricks available for racist Jefferson Beauregard "crack cocaine thang" Sessions the Third taking on MITCH MCCONNELL on State of the John. Beyond that, it's progressive teevee and audio featuring SAM SEDER on Ring of Fire Radio plus author NICOLETTE NIMAN who tells us the true story of what happens to our food before it reaches our tables. Lastly, 60 Minutes pays tribute to Walter Cronkite. The Brick TeeVee crew remembers watching Cronkite inform us of JFK's assassination, the Viet Nam war, Apollo 11's lunar landing and so much more. Cronkite told it "the way it is" for nearly two decades. Cronkite's Journalism is mostly a faded memory or never existed for so much of our populace since news reporting became a "business" when Roon Arlidge took over ABC News. Our Corporate Media controls nearly 90% of U.S. media and doesn't do investigative reporting anymore; rather they are stenographers for their corporate clientelle advertisers who want us to beleive BP, Shell and Exxon are really behind alternative energy or Boeing "keeps democracy safe" or McDonald's and Wendy's and Kraft provide us with healthy meals or there's such a thing as "clean coal". No, Walter's time as a leader of an independent Fourth Estate is long gone (and he'd be the first to tell ya so!). With the passing of Walter Cronkie, let us embrace the Alternate Press we have now with our money and our hearts and minds, in the midst of newspapers all over the country going bankrupt. Let us begin anew an aggressive constitutionally-mandated FREE PRESS that acts like it's supposed to: openly questiioning and investigating our government and the corporate leaches that use and abuse OUR tax dollars. Cronkite would ask no less.
Good-bye Walter Cronkite
"The Most Trusted Man in America"
b. November 4, 1916 d. July 17, 2009
"An informed citizenry is the only true repository of the public will... The People cannot be safe without information. When the press is free, and every man is able to read, all is safe." -Thomas Jefferson
Cronkite in "War Made Easy" trailer
From The Archives: Cronkite, Live Via Satellite on NPR - Cronkite remembering the first live satellite broadcast to Europe via Telstar, 47 years ago July 23.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» "Journalism and the Crisis of Democracy" WCPN 90.3 Cleveland Stop the presses! Breaking News! Journalism is dying! The terms seismic shifts and tectonic plates moving are overused but they certainly apply to journalism today. The venerable fourth estate is an endangered species. Newspapers, like the Rocky Mountain News in Denver, which was around for 150 years, have closed. Many others are threatened. Foreign reporting, never a strong suit, is getting worse. Bureaus are being cut back or eliminated. The demise of journalism, particularly investigative journalism, would have major implications for the functioning of our increasingly parlous democracy. If politicians and corporations, bankers and financiers know that there is no one looking at and reporting on what they are doing then corruption, which already exists, will increase exponentially. The masters will go unchallenged. Unless a new economic model emerges, print journalism as we’ve known it, will cease to exist. Robert McChesney is co-founder of the Free Press, a non-profit organization working to increase public participation in media policy debates. He is professor of communications at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Author of numerous books including “Rich Media, Poor Democracy” and “The Problem of the Media,” his latest is “The Political Economy of Media.” Alternative Radio: Journalism and the Crisis of Democracy @ WCPN. Buy podcast or CD at Alternative Radio HERE.
»»» Mass killing by a US-backed warlord on Democracy NOW! WATCH Obama Calls for Probe into 2001 Massacre of at Least 2,000 Suspected Taliban POWs by US-Backed Afghan Warlord
»»» Howard Dean on Democracy NOW! WATCH Howard Dean on His Prescription for Real Healthcare Reform
»»» Howard Dean on GRITtv WATCH Howard Dean on Healthcare, Dissecting ‘Bruno’, and Got Docs? Presents ‘The Fire This Time’
»»» Buchanan vs. Maddow WATCH Rachel Maddow SLAMS Pat Buchanan Over Sotomayor Bias
»»» PGA on ABC British Open Final Round LIVE from Turnberry Resort's Ailsa Course in South Ayrshire, Scotland - coverage begins at 9 am et
»»» MLB on TBS Detroit Tigers @ NY Yankees - 1 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN NY Mets @ Atlanta Braves - 8 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
You done good! THIS JUST IN via email from Dennis Kucinich: "With your support, your phone calls, your emails, we won a major legislative victory today for a state single payer health care option in the House of Representatives in Washington, DC. The House Education and Labor Committee approved the Kucinich Amendment by a vote of 27-19, with 14 Democrats and 13 Republicans voting yes.
~snip~ "Under the Kucinich Amendment a state's application for a waiver from ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act -Ed.) is granted automatically if the state has signed into law a single payer plan. With the amendment, for the first time, the state single payer health care option is shielded from an ERISA-based legal attack. Now that the underlying bill has been passed, as amended, by the full committee, we must make sure that Congress knows that we want the provision kept in the bill at final passage!
"The state single payer option was one of five major amendments which I obtained support to get included in HR3200. One amendment brings into standard coverage for the first time complementary and alternative medicine, (integrative medicine). Another amendment drives down the cost of prescription drugs by ending pharmaceutical industry's sharp practices manipulating physician prescribing habits. An amendment stops the insurance industry from increasing premiums at the time when people are not permitted to change health plans; and finally an amendment imposing a requirement on insurance companies that they disclose the cost of advertising, marketing and executive compensation expenses (which generally divert money from patient care). Please make sure you post this message on your social networking site, ask all your friends to get involved and encourage everyone you know to sign up at www.Kucinich.us so we can build full momentum behind this movement for real health care. Let's do this! "
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,326 Military Dead as of July 18, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 742 Military Dead as of July 18, 2009
2,272 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
BRICK TEEVEE PROGRAMMING NOTE:The BrickTeeVee Crew will be on summer holiday next weekend, celebrating Apollo 11: "That's one small step for man. And one giant leap for mankind." See you next month!
- This Week (ABC)
• NO SHOW - pre-empted by British Open Final Round coverage
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah (left)
• Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y.
• Michael Steele, RNC Chairman
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• CBS pays Tribute to Walter Cronkite
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• KATHLEEN SEBELIUS Secretary, Department of Health and Human Services
• SEN. MITCH McCONNELL (R-KY) Senate Republican Leader
• ROUNDTABLE: PAUL GIGOT of The Wall Street Journal; JOHN HARWOOD of CNBC & The New York Times; MICHELE NORRIS of NPR's "All Things Considered"; and RICHARD WOLFFE, author of "Renegade: The Making of a President".
• ****New MSNBC re-air time: Meet the Press will re-air on MSNBC at 2 p.m. ET Sunday afternoons, in place of our 5 p.m. re-air. We will continue to re-air at 2 a.m. ET and 5 a.m. ET (Monday morning) as well.****
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, D-Vermont, and
• Ranking Member Jeff "crack cocaine thang" Sessions, R-Alabama
• White House Budget Director Peter Orszag
• Reverend Jesse Jackson
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union".
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- BREAKROOM LIVE
Marc Maron and Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
See/hear the show at any time of the day. Get Podcasts, video, audio streams and watch show live at Breakroom LIVE! Very cool! Also available weekday MIDNIGHTS at Ohio Majority Radio. SAM ON RING OF FIRE THIS WEEK! See below! Watch Sam's interview with Matt Taibbi HERE
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• This week on Ring of Fire, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will be here to tell us about the urgent need for healthcare reform in the US, and what he’s doing to make that reform a reality.
• We’ll also be talking with author and Middle East expert Reza Aslan about the recent presidential elections in Iran, and he’ll tell us why he thinks the stolen election is the beginning of a military coup in the country.
• We’ve also got author Nicolette Niman who will tell us the true story of what happens to our food before it reaches our tables.
• And Air America’s own Sam Seder will stop by to run through some of the biggest news stories of the past week that you might not have heard about.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Hank “Sacks of Gold” Paulson admits to threatening Ken Lewis. Stacy Summary: A little artwork from @Rasta! Very funny. And I have given Hank Paulson his very own gangsta name. I wasn’t happy with “pretty face” as I believe Marketwatch called him. Anyone able to do a mockup of Ken Lewis finding a horse’s head in his bed? READ: Hank ‘Sacks of Gold” Paulson admits to threatening Ken Lewis @ politico
• Stacy Summary: Max and Stacy for Resonance 104.4 FM in London. A compilation of some of the best Max material and interviews. Thanks for a great week and helping Max’s France 24 appearance go viral! It’s on the top of the list for News & Politics - even beating Michael Jackson’s head on fire! Download show HERE (mp3)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton is on vacation. This interview is from the Antiwar Radio archives and was originally broadcast on July 23, 2008. Scott Horton interviews Pat Buchanan (mp3). Pat Buchanan, political analyst, columnist and author of "Churchill, Hitler and the Unnecessary War: How Britain Lost Its Empire and the West Lost the World", discusses the British politicians’ colossal blunders that led them into World War I and II and the collapse of their empire, the consequences of American intervention in WWI and imposition of the Versailles Treaty, Hitler’s motive to regain the lands lost in the east and willingness to forsake former German provinces in the west out of his desire to avoid war with England and France, what really happened at Munich, the folly of the British war guarantee to Poland during their dispute with Hitler over Danzig and the real lessons of the second World War.
• Peter Orszag, Director, White House Office of Management and Budget
• Sen. Judd Gregg, (R) New Hampshire / Ranking Member, Budget Cmte.
• Buzz Aldrin, Apollo 11 Astronaut
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!