Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best progressive media!
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Pittsburgh's G20 Summit protesters were met by an angry crowd of POLICE! As want of any authoritarian state, police used TEAR GAS on the "unruly" crowd. They even tried out their brand new "crowd control" SONIC WEAPON! Crooks and Liars explains at 60 Minutes: The Pentagon's Ray Gun. See these videos Tear gas/sonic used on G20 Pittsburgh protesters and Military uses Sonic Weapon and Tear Gas on Protestors at g20 Pittsburgh. And no teabaggers in sight! Were the protestors anarchists? Or CIA plants? We'll know in about five years or so when the real videos surface. Meanwhile, in the staid studios of Sunday Bobbleheads the WH HumVee Limo carries Bush-era holdover and former spook ROBERT GATES to This Snufagopolis and State of the King, dropping off HILARY CLINTON at Face the Bob on the way. Then BILL CLINTON tells Meet the David how it really is, followed by troglodytes LINDSAY GRAHAM and JON KYL, both excellent brick targets. Graham then grabs the tail of an elephant and makes his way on to Face the Bob because he loves the Clintons so much. DIFI gets the Dem Hall Pass to appear on Fake News Sunday (and everyday). Of course be sure to spend some time instead with our BTV Alerts for this week with RALPH NADER and MICHAEL MOORE plus interesting reports from Max Keiser, AntiWar Radio with Salon Blogger GLENN GREENWALD and Ring of Fire's interviews with MAX BLUMENTHAL and CHRIS SCHECTER on the sad state of the GOP plus David Swanson about how the Constitution has been almost completely ignored for the last 8 years. Then get on the BTV ActionAlert to help move the JUSTICE Act! With Sam Seder and Marc Maron not on the tubes of the internets anymore we now welcome left-coaster lefty PETER B. COLLINS to Brick TeeVee! Be sure to listen to Part Two with Dave Berman, author of the book Be The Media. Check out previous PBC shows on their podcast and drop some sofa coinage his way if you can! The Brick TeeVee crew took in their final Tribe home game played in near constant rain and won an autographed Kerry Wood jersey! Then Wood came in for the ninth inning, gave up two runs and blew the save! But in the bottom of the ninth Jhonny Peralta drove in Luis Valbuena for the game winner, sending the rain-soaked Grady-Sizemore-diving-catch-Bobblehead-clutching fans home happy! Best of luck to all the ex-Tribesmen going to the MLB Playoffs!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Inside the Brazilian Embassy in Honduras @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Report from Honduras: Ousted President Manuel Zelaya Returns to Honduras in Defiance of Coup Government
»»» Lori Wallach, the director of Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch division @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Report: US-Initiated WTO Rules Could Undermine Regulatory Overhaul of Global Finance
»»» Michael Moore @ Democracy NOW! WATCH After 20 Years of Filmmaking on US Injustices, Michael Moore Goes to the Source in “Capitalism: A Love Story”
»»» Ralph Nader @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Ralph Nader on the G-20, Healthcare Reform, Mideast Talks and His First Work of Fiction, “Only the Super-Rich Can Save Us!”
»»» The F-Word on GRITtv WATCH Oops! ACORN Ban could snag Lockheed Martin & Christian Charities
»»» Weekly Roundtable on GRITtv Rose Aguilar, host of KALW's "Your Call" in San Francisco, Andrew Golis, deputy publisher of Talking Points Memo, Ali Abunimah, co-founder electronicintifada.net, and Margaret Kimberley, discuss discuss these and other under-reported-- as well as "over-reported"-- affairs from this past week. WATCH Media Panel: Healthcare Coverage, US Censorship on Middle East Atrocities and Tom Delay’s New Career
»»» NASCAR on ABC It's the AAA 400 at Dover International Speedway! Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Cardinals @ Rockies - 3 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Afternoon Edition! Red Sox @ Yankees - 1 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
PASS JUSTICE ACT It's Time To Roll Back The So-Called Patriot Act! A group of Senate Democrats led by Russ Feingold (WI) and Dick Durbin (IL) have proposed S. 1686, the Judicious Use of Surveillance Tools in Counter-terrorism Efforts (JUSTICE) Act [text of bill], a bill that would introduce stronger safeguards and higher standards of judicial oversight for surveillance activity. It aims to reform the most abusive characteristics of the PATRIOT Act and would also roll back a controversial provision of the FISA Amendment Act that granted telecom companies retroactive immunity for their participation in the Bush administration's extralegal warrantless surveillance program. Senator Feingold says that the goal of the act is to ensure that surveillance and intelligence-gathering activities are properly empowered while guaranteeing that rights are respected and investigative privileges are not misused. The proposal is broadly endorsed by privacy advocates and civil liberties groups, including the American Civil Liberties Union and the Electronic Frontier Foundation. But in order for it to pass, WE THE PEOPLE must speak out to demand it. The one click form below will send your personal message to all your government representatives selected below, with the subject "Pass the Justice Act." At the same time you can send your personal comments only as a letter to the editor of your nearest local daily newspaper if you like. CLICK HERE NOW!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,346 Military Dead as of Sept 125, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 848 Military Dead as of Sept 25, 2009
We have recovered the data for military fatalities for both the Iraq (OIF) and Afghanistan (OEF) sites. We still have a ways to go until both sites return to full functionality, but with a little luck everything should be back to normal soon. I want to personally thank all of you who have donated and encourage others who find this site beneficial to make a modest contribution to iCasualties to help defray the cost of necessary server upgrades and daily operations. I also owe a special thanks to Mr. Ellis and Mr. Stasz for their assistance in collecting data. - Michael White, iCasualties.org DONATE NOW VIA PAYPAL
2,342 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Defense Secretary Robert Gates
• Senator John McCain (R-AZ)
• ROUNDTABLE: Bob Woodward, George Will, Tom Friedman and Martha Raddatz.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• CBS News National Security correspondent David Martin leads off with an interview of Gen. Stanley McChrystal as the war in Afghanistan heats up. Conducted over the course of a week Martin spent in Afghanistan with him, McChrystal details what needs to be done to turn around a war he has already said could be lost.
• Then Morley Safer reports on how the thousands of Madoff victims might get some recompense when all the assets of the scammer are sorted out.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• Pres. Bill Clinton
• NY Gov. David Paterson (D)
• Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.)
• Republican Whip Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
• Sen. Jim Webb (D-VA) of the Armed Services and Foreign Relations Committees.
• ROUNDTABLE: The Post's Eugene Robinson and Politico's Roger Simon
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Defense Secretary Robert Gates
• Democrat Evan Bayh of Indiana
• Republican Bob Corker of Tennessee
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union" - not really.
• soundbites from all the other shows that we can blow up REAL BIG with our guests and more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- NEW! The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #36 (mp3) Published on 15 September 2009 by admin in Podcast Info - Just back from Afghanistan, Norman Solomon reports on the tense scene in Kabul, fraud in the recent election, and the range of groups that comprise “the Taliban” in US media terms. Norman is executive director of the Institute for Public Accuracy and author of “War Made Easy”; he was an Obama delegate to the convention last year, and is critical of Obama’s escalation in Afghanistan. We also talked about the campaign of Progressive Democrats of America, “Healthcare Not Warfare” and Norman’s deep disappointment with the Democrats’ handling of the health care reform effort. We also talk with activist and author Dave Berman about advocacy journalism and his new videoblog. In the second segment with Dave Berman, PBC discloses plans to co-host a cable access channel show with his neighbor in the office building, Larry the Lawyer. And we encourage you to be the media and get the book Be The Media. Check out Dave's new website ManifestPositivity.com, too!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• This week on Ring of Fire, we’ll be talking with best-selling author Max Blumenthal about his new book Republican Gomorrah, which tells the story of how a handful of religious frauds have hijacked the Republican Party, and have driven it to the brink of extinction.
• We’ve also got author David Swanson with us to talk about how the Constitution has been almost completely ignored for the last 8 years, and what the citizens of the US, not the politicians in Washington, must do to restore the rule of law to America.
• We’ll also be taking a look at what the GOP’s tort reform did to the state of Texas, and how they want to use that disaster as a model for the entire country with Cliff Schecter, president of Libertas, LLC.
• Comedian Matt Filipowicz will be joining us to talk about some of the funniest news stories that made headlines in the past week.
• And our good friend David Bender will be stopping by to run through all the stories that the old time media forgot to report.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• [Video] Lori Wallach on G20 promises, Doha Round realitiesStacy Summary: For your Saturday night viewing pleasure. The interview with Lori Wallach in this Democracy Now! episode is very interesting for the information she gives re: the G20 promises of financial reform and the reality of the WTO Doha rounds. From 09.19 – 21.09
•  The Truth About . . . the G20 protests September 26th, 2009
• ZeroHedge: Declassified State Dept Data on Remaining “Masters of Gold”?Stacy Summary: Big tip of the hat to @marietta. READ Declassified documents support argument that Central Banks try to control gold price.
• Alan Grayson: “Has the Fed ever tried to manipulate the stock market?”Stacy Summary: Interesting blog entry from ZeroHedge. WATCH video at link!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Jean MacKenzie (mp3) 32:01 Sept 26 2009. Jean MacKenzie, Afghanistan reporter for GlobalPost.com, discusses how the Taliban protection racket takes a cut of U.S. reconstruction funds, the Afghan dislike of (even the kinder, gentler U.S. version) all foreign occupations, the Afghanistan opium trade that is too deeply entrenched to stop and Gen. McChrystal’s assessment that 500 thousand more troops will be needed over 5 years.
• Scott Horton interviews Glenn Greenwald (mp3) 44:03 Sept 18 2009. Glenn Greenwald, Salon.com blogger and former constitutional lawyer, discusses the high success rate of Gitmo detainees in habeas corpus hearings, the legal uncertainty over the extent of U.S. government powers, Obama’s use of the AUMF as a one-size-fits-all legal justification, how a unilateral executive branch is preferable to Congressionally codified bad behavior and the $200 million dollar bribe needed to offload former Gitmo Uighur prisoners on Palau.
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.
• Sen. Kit Bond, R-Mo.
• Virginia Republican gubernatorial candidate Bob McDonnell
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!