Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best progressive media!
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Swine Floo is everywhere! President Barack Obama signed a proclamation declaring swine flu a national emergency so we guess that makes it official? We thought Kings made proclamations. Dr Mercola of mercola.com tells us "Nearly all of them, just like the CDC and mainstream media, use the statistic that 36,000 people die from the influenza every year. I actually wrote an article about this fallacy more than five years ago. Interestingly that number has remained static as if carved into stone all these years. However, the truth is that less than 1,000 people actually died from type A or type B influenza. The other 35,000 died from pneumonia. This is actually clearly listed on the CDC's own website, yet virtually everyone ignores this fact...As of October 11, 2009 the World Health Organization reported that, worldwide, there have been more than 399,232 laboratory confirmed cases of pandemic influenza H1N1, and over 4,735 deaths. Folks, that is 4,735 deaths in the ENTIRE world, not just the US! Most all of these deaths occurred in immunocompromised individuals...With the facts at hand, it is easy to detect a pattern of misdirection and purposeful confusion. Doesn't it make you wonder why?" Why indeed. Speaking of kings, State of the King has Ohio's SENATOR SHERROD BROWN essentially telling ORIN HATCH and BEN NELSON how wrong they really are. Load up on bricks for This Snufugopolis and LAURA INGRAHAM while CLAIRE MCCASKILL and MITCH MCCONNELL try to have a bi-partisan moment. Face the Bob lands RUSS FEINGOLD (see action alert) up against JOHN "Crazy Train" MCCAIN. Let's see if they discuss AL FRANKEN's Amendment. Read all about it at HuffPo. Meanwhile CARL LEVIN goes "across the aisle" to the network-that-shall-not-be-named. If you have any bricks left get them out for "representatives from the health insurance industry and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce". Speaking of the USCoC, catch the YES MEN punking them sooo bad at Democracy NOW! Meet the David has JOHN CORNYN and CHUCK SCHUMER battle wits, PLUS the New Yorker's JANE MAYER of The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How the War on Terror Turned into a War on American Ideals. After all the chatter and football watch 60 Minutes for a story on MEDICARE/MEDICAID FRAUD. "I'm shocked, SHOCKED there is gambling going on here!" Catch NOMI PRINS on Ring of Fire, PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS on with Max, GARETH PORTER on AntiWarRadio, PBC's Part III with SIBEL EDMONDS and more. The Brick TeeVee Crew has been enjoying the MLB playoffs and can't wait for the World Series to start. Happy Halloween from the BTV Crew! "Stay sick! Turn Blue!" -The Ghoul
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Jeremy Scahill @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Judge Rejects Blackwater Attempt to Dismiss Cases Filed by Iraqi Victims
»»» CIA monitoring Twitter @ Democracy NOW! WATCH CIA Invests in Software Firm Monitoring Blogs, Twitter
»»» YES MEN @ Democracy NOW! WATCH The Yes Men Pull Off Prank Claiming US Chamber of Commerce Had Changed Its Stance on Climate Change
»»» Uncontrolled military spending @ Democracy NOW! WATCH “Cashing in the War Dividend”: As Healthcare Reform Limited by Deficit Concerns, Military Spending Continues to Grow
»»» Got Docs @ GRITtv Coming to theaters in November, The End of Poverty? takes a look at what really causes poverty (hint: it's not people being lazy). The role of the financial system--the same one that our government just bailed out to the tune of several billion dollars--in keeping the world's poorest people poor is exposed in detail in this haunting film directed by Phillippe Diaz and narrated by Martin Sheen. WATCH Got Docs: The End of Poverty? Think Again.
»»» Rana Husseini @ GRITtv One the Utne Reader's 2009 Visionaries, Rana Husseini is a journalist on a mission: to tell the stories of women who are killed to restore "honor" to the family. WATCH Rana Husseini: Honor Killings a Global Problem
»»» NASCAR on ABC It's the Tums Fast Relief 500 from Martinsville Speedway! Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» MLB on FOX ALCS Game 6 Sunday! Angels @ Yankees Coverage begins at 7:30 pm et - Winner of ALCS faces the Phillies when the World Series begins Wednesday on FOX
»»» NBA on TNT Tuesday Opening Night! Heat vs. Bulls (8 p.m. ET) & Lakers vs. Suns (10:30 p.m. ET)
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
JUSTICE ACT at Credo "On December 31, three key provisions of the USA PATRIOT ACT are set to expire, and the House and Senate will hold hearings on reauthorization. Feingold and Durbin are using the PATRIOT ACT reauthorization process to reverse Bush era laws that take away our constitutionally guaranteed rights. The JUSTICE Act would completely repeal the provision of the FISA Amendments Act intended to legally immunize big telecoms that illegally assisted in the National Security Agency's warrantless wiretapping program. It would restore protections for the privacy of library and bookstore records. And it would also add strong checks and balances to PATRIOT ACT provisions governing FISA orders, wiretaps, and national security letters. CLICK NOW Repeal telecom immunity and roll back PATRIOT ACT abuses PETITION Now is the time. Senators Russ Feingold and Dick Durbin have now introduced the JUSTICE Act to bring an end to telecom immunity and roll back some of the worst abuses of the PATRIOT ACT. The ACLU chimes in: "Please contact your Senators and your Representative right now and tell them it is time to make these crucial changes to the surveillance law in order to secure our inherent rights to privacy."
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,351 Military Dead as of Oct 23, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 885 Military Dead as of Oct 23, 2009
Support iCasualties.org DONATE NOW VIA PAYPAL
2,370 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Minority Leader Mitch McConnell
• Democratic Senator Claire McCaskill.
• ROUNDTABLE: talk radio host Laura Ingraham, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Cynthia Tucker, Bloomberg News’ Al Hunt, John Podesta, CEO of the Center for American Progress and our own George Will
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
• Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• MEDICARE/MEDICAID FRAUD - Medicare and Medicaid fraudsters are cheating U.S. taxpayers out of an estimated $90 billion a year using a billing scam that is surprisingly easy to execute. Steve Kroft investigates. Ira Rosen and Joel Bach are the producers
• FIGHTING FOR A CURE - More Americans are suffering from epilepsy than Parkinson's, cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis combined. Katie Couric reports on a disease that may not be getting the attention it deserves. Kyra Darnton is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• SEN. JOHN CORNYN (R-TX)
• SEN. CHARLES SCHUMER (D-NY)
• CNBC's Erin Burnett and The New York Times' Andrew Ross Sorkin
• ROUNDTABLE: The New Yorker's Jane Mayer; MSNBC's Joe Scarborough; Fmr. Adviser to Pres. George W. Bush, Dan Senor; and PBS's Tavis Smiley.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Dr. Abdullah Abdullah, Afghan President Hamid Karzai's election opponent
• Senator Ben Nelson, D-Nebraska
• Senator Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio
• Senator Orrin Hatch, R-Utah
• Senator Jim Webb, D-Virginia, gets the Last Word
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• Hour 3 'Sound of Sunday' segment - soundbites from all the other shows that we can blow up REAL BIG with our guests and more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- NEW! The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #49 Published on 14 October 2009 by admin in Podcast Info Sibel Edmonds ungagged!, part 3 of 3. In this final installment, Sibel gives us a guided tour of the Turkish network of influence in the US. As a guide, we cite the work of Luke Rosiak at the Sunlight Foundation, and his chart of the Turkish Lobby you can find here. We name names: the last 3 Speakers of the House are all registered lobbyists for Turkey: Livingston, Hastert and Gephardt. Along the way, Sibel describes the “deep state”–the real US government with Henry Kissinger and his crony Brent Scowcroft influencing every administration and linking US foreign policy to the interests of our military-industrial complex. We also look closely at the role of Bruce Fein in advancing Turkish interests, which seems to conflict with his advocacy for our Constitution and the impeachment of Bush and Cheney. And Sibel has special criticism of Colin Powell for failing to stand up to the bad policies and illegal events he witnessed as Secretary of State. www.123realchange.blogspot.com
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Today on Ring of Fire we’ll be talking with Nomi Prins, author of the new book “It Takes a Pillage”, and we’ll find out who really caused the financial industry’s meltdown, and sent the global economy into a tailspin.
• We’ve also got author Frank Schaeffer who’ll explain why the Religious Right’s literal interpretation of the Bible is causing them to not only expect the end of the world soon, but in some cases, they’re actually working to bring it about sooner.
• We’ll also be talking with author Peter Maass about the many ways in which our dependence on oil is not only a threat our environment, but its also a threat to the political stability of numerous countries across the globe.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• [Youtube] On the Edge #24 with Max Keiser & the Wall Street Welfare QueensStacy Summary: And for those that prefer Youtube. Here is today’s On the Edge, episode 24. Guest, Paul Craig Roberts; airdate: 23 October 2009
• New Jersey’s indentured taxpayers give Goldman $1 million per month for swaps on non-existent bonds Stacy Summary:What’s the proper word for it? Debt slavery? Indentured servitude? So many schemes so few words. We need a new Shakespeare. READ New Jersey pays Goldman Sachs for swaps on non-existent bonds @ Bloomberg
• Citigroup is in serious trouble off balance sheet Stacy Summary: Over the past few weeks, Max has been on France 24 warning that these big banks will announce new and huge losses . . . but only AFTER their Christmas bonus checks have been cashed. Get ready for second round of trillion dollar bailouts sometime in January/February. READ Citigroup’s ‘Hail Mary’ Pass by Mish Shedlock
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Gareth Porter (mp3) 29:04 Oct 23 2009. Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for Inter Press Service, discusses the counterproductive coercive diplomacy in U.S./Iran talks, political pressure brought to bear by U.S. allies on the 2007 Iran NIE, new evidence of manufactured controversy about the Qom facility and Iran’s well-reasoned decision to halt disclosure under the additional protocol to their Safeguards Agreement with the IAEA in 2007.
• Scott Horton interviews Tim Wise (mp3) 30:05 Oct 23 2009. Tim Wise, director of the movie Soldiers of Peace, discusses the worldwide outbreak of peace (really!), reconciliation of Christians and Muslims in Nigeria, ending the vicious cycle of tribal retribution, ranking the benevolence of nations with a Global Peace Index and how free trade and open communication decrease the likelihood of war.
• Scott Horton interviews Nat Hentoff (mp3) 22:18 Oct 24 2009. Nat Hentoff, senior fellow at the CATO Institute, discusses the greatly lessened restrictions on domestic FBI surveillance programs, the FBI’s “investigative assessments” that supplant judicial warrants and oversight, the failure of the educational system to teach the Constitution and limitations on government power and how colonial era rebellion against writs of assistance inspired the Fourth Amendment.
• Scott Horton interviews Robert Greenwald (mp3) 17:22 Oct 24 2009. Robert Greenwald, producer of the documentary Rethink Afghanistan, discusses the false premise used to justify the war in Afghanistan, the usefulness of breaking down war costs into broadly understandable terms, why war opponents need to speak out to their Congressional Representatives and the failure of the occupying forces in their mission (some would say) to liberate Afghan women.
• Abdullah Abdullah, President Hamid Karzai's electoral opponent
• Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich.
• Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.
• representatives from the health insurance industry and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!