Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Brick TeeVee SOTU Wrap: Groundhog Day? - DC Beltway's Village Idiots are at once celebrating and panning Obama's first State Of The Union (SOTU) speech in their regular bombastic ways. The Brick TeeVee Crew's ears pricked up immediately when they heard the words "safe, clean nuclear power plants" and "clean coal". We felt like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day! We heard this speech before! We thought we were hallucinating but others noticed too. Harvey Wasserman reports "When Obama endorsed "safe, clean nuclear power plants" and "clean coal" in this year's State of the Union, more than 10,000 MoveOn.org members slammed that as the worst moment of the speech." . Wasserman lays out in Will Obama guarantee a new reactor war? (FreePress.org 1-30-10) Amidst utter chaos in the atomic reactor industry, Team Obama is poised to vastly expand a bitterly contested loan guarantee program that may cost far more than expected, both financially and politically. The long-stalled, much-hyped "Renaissance" in atomic power has failed to find private financing. New construction projects are opposed for financial reasons by fiscal conservatives such as the Heritage Foundation and National Taxpayers Union, and by a national grassroots safe energy campaign that has already beaten such loan guarantees three times. New reactor designs are being challenged by regulators in both the US and Europe. Key projects, new and old, are engulfed in political/financial uproars in Florida, Texas, Maryland, Vermont, New Jersey and elsewhere. And 53 years after the opening of the first commercial reactor at Shippingport, Pennsylvania, Department of Energy Secretary Steven Chu is now convening a "Blue Ribbon" commission on managing radioactive waste, for which the industry still has no solution. Though stacked with reactor advocates, the commission may certify the death certificate for Nevada's failed Yucca Mountain dump. For more Wasserman see FreePress.org July 25, 2008 The Nuclear Regulatory Commission says the reactor revival is NOT ready for prime time AND June 18, 2009 Big Nuke's desperate radioactive hoax in impoverished Ohio featuring Rev. Gov. TED STRICKLAND and soon-to-be EX-senator GEORGE VOINOVICH. Ah yup. And then there's THIS from Project Censored's Top 25 Censored Stories for 2010: Censored Story #4. Nuclear Waste Pools in North Carolina: The Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has estimated that there is a 1:100 chance of pool fire happening under the best of scenarios. And the dossier on the Shearon Harris plant is far from the best. Congressman David Price of North Carolina sent the NRC a report by scientists at MIT and Princeton that pinpointed the waste pools as the biggest risk at the plant. “Spent fuel recently discharged from a reactor could heat up relatively rapidly and catch fire,” wrote Bob Alvarez, a former advisor to the Department of Energy and co-author of the report. “The fire could well spread to older fuel. The long-term land contamination consequences of such an event could be significantly worse than Chernobyl.” . Don't EVEN get us started on the myth of "clean coal". (See BTV a few weeks ago Brick TeeVee SPECIAL REPORT Mountaintop Removal Study). Throw bricks at JOHN "Crybaby" BOEHNER on Meet The David and MITCH MCCONNELL on State of the King but stick around for AFL-CIO Union Boss RICHARD TRUMKA with the Last Word. This Somebody has BABA interviewing SenElect Brown (Regressive-MA) PLUS FEATURED BRICK TARGET ROGER AILES (Media Conglomerate - World). Face the Bob tries a tag-team match of BARBOUR & THUNE vs. RENDELL & GRANHOLM while 60 Min mails in propaganda. Good stuff all around the lib/prog media toobs with JOE STIGLITZ and DAVID CROSBY on Ring of Fire Radio, SCOTT HORTON on with PBC and AntiWar Radio (with Scott Horton - no relation) plus Max with the Truth About HANK PAULSON. Spend some time with Bob Kincaid and Guy James from Health Action 2010 in DC. The Brick TeeVee Crew is feeling a bit of Groundhog's Day effect as we wait for Year of the Tiger. Pitchers and Catchers in three weeks while Daytona looks for a pole sitter. We're putting big money on Punxsutawney Phil & Buckeye Chuck NOT seeing their shadows!
Historian - Peace Activist - Author - Professor
August 24, 1922 – January 27, 2010
Please visit HowardZinn.org for press obit & tributes. To receive the next newsletter with information on tributes and events related to Professor Zinn's passing, please sign up here.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Howard Zinn Tribute @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Howard Zinn (1922-2010): A Tribute to the Legendary Historian with Noam Chomsky, Alice Walker, Naomi Klein and Anthony Arnove
»»» Michael Moore @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Michael Moore on Haiti, the Supreme Court Decision on Corporate Campaign Financing, and Why He Calls the Democrats “Disgusting”
»»» Academy Award-winning filmmaker Alex Gibney @ Democracy NOW! WATCH “Casino Jack and the United States of Money”–A Look at Corporate Money and Politics
»»» Chomsky and Klein @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Noam Chomsky and Naomi Klein Respond to Obama’s First State of the Union
»»» Obama SOTU @ GRITtv Obama’s first State of the Union speech was Wednesday night, and we wondered if once again he’s going to try to be all things to all people. We talked about Obama’s choices for the economy and the path we hope he’ll take now with Kai Wright of The Nation and The Root, Jeff Madrick, author of The Case for Big Government, and Lynn Parramore of the New Deal 2.0. WATCH Week in Review: State of the Union: Overhauling Agenda?
»»» HOWARD ZINN @ GRITtv “You can’t be neutral on a moving train,” Howard Zinn famously said. He didn’t believe in staying closeted in the academy, though he was a brilliant historian whose book, A People’s History of the United States: 1492 to Present changed the way many people view history. Recently, a documentary based on his work, The People Speak, brought to life the many Americans whose lives and activism would otherwise have been forgotten. Zinn died on January 27th at age 87. He lived a long, full life and was an inspiration to all of us at GRITtv. He spoke to Laura in 2008. WATCH Remembering Howard Zinn
»»» NASCAR 2010 SEASON OPENER! February 6, 2010
• Daytona 500 Qualifying - The prestigious front row for the 52nd annual Daytona 500 will be at stake.
• Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200 - The second event of a tripleheader that also features the Daytona 500 Qualifying.The future stars of racing battle for 80 laps, 200 miles in the Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200, the season-opening event for the ARCA Racing Series.
• Budweiser Shootout - The (NON-POINTS) Budweiser Shootout, the climax to a racing tripleheader, is a no-holds barred All-Star race with the top NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stars.
• CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS FOR TIMES AND STATIONS!
BTV ACTION ALERT!! ©
MOVE TO AMEND
We Move to Amend. @ www.movetoamend.org
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United, and move to amend our Constitution to:
* Firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
* Guarantee the right to vote and to participate, and to have our votes and participation count.
* Protect local communities, their economies, and democracies against illegitimate "preemption" actions by global, national, and state governments.
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
BTV ACTION ALERT TWO!! ©
"SEND A NURSE" Disaster Relief Fund
National Nurses United has launched a relief effort to send registered nurses to Haiti. Over 11,000 nurses have already answered the call. There’s just one problem: the cost of sending them. Every dollar you donate will go to providing the resources nurses need to care for the survivors of this tragedy. Please complete the secure donation form below and share it with friends.
To donate by mail: Make checks payable to RNRN/NNU c/o California Nurses Foundation and mail them to: 2000 Franklin St. Oakland, CA 94612
RNRN is a project of the California Nurses Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Donations are secure, and tax-deductible to the extent of the law. Learn more at: www.NationalNursesUnited.org Listen to Peter B for the interview with "Ms. Deborah Berger (mp3), president of the California Nurses Assn and the new national union, National Nurses United; they have recruited 12,000 RN’s who are ready to deploy to Haiti over the next 4-6 months, but are on hold until they get approval to enter the country."
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,375 Military Dead as of Jan 29, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 976 Military Dead as of Jan 29, 2010
2,436 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Special Guest Anchor Barbara Walters interviews Senator-elect Scott Brown (R-MA)
• Democratic Senator Robert Menendez
• ROUNDTABLE: Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes,George Will, Nobel-Prize-winning economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, and Arianna Huffington of the Huffington Post.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Gov. Haley Barbour (R-Mississippi)
• Gov. Ed Rendell (D-Pennsylvania)
• Gov. Jennifer Granholm (D-Michigan)
• Sen. John Thune (R-South Dakota)
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE QUIET PROFESSIONALS - In a rare chance to show America's elite Special Forces up close, 60 MINUTES spent over two months with a Green Beret unit as they trained a group of Afghan soldiers and then went into battle with them against the Taliban. Lara Logan reports. Jeff Newton is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• DAVID AXELROD, Senior White House Adviser
• Rep. JOHN BOEHNER (R-OH), House Republican Leader
• ROUNDTABLE: The New York Times' DAVID BROOKS, CNBC's DAVID FABER, The Washington Post's EUGENE ROBINSON, and U.S. News & World Report's MORT ZUCKERMAN
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs
• Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY).
• Gov. Jennifer Granholm (D-MI).
• AFL-CIO Pres. Richard Trumka will be getting THE Last Word.
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• Hour 3 'Sound of Sunday' segment - soundbites from all the other shows that we can blow up REAL BIG with our guests and more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- Bob Kincaid & Guy James LIVE from the Health Action 2010 conference in DC!
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. Bob’s Show Topics: To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877)443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
TODAY'S MEETIN' : Two days at the Health Action 2010 conference! Thursday, JAN 28 2010 with Guy James (mp3) and Friday, JAN 29 2010 with Guy James (mp3). Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #90 Published on 25 Jan 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Andy Worthington on Guantanamo. This is the next installment of the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Worthington is a leading expert on Guantanamo and provides us with an overview of America’s detention center at Guantanamo Bay and the plight of 774 individuals, most of whom are innocent of any terrorism connections.
• Info on Podcast #91 Published on 22 Jan 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Scott Horton of Harper’s on Gitmo homicides; refugee Ziad Abbas on the humanitarian crisis in Gaza; PBC on Obama’s State of the Union speech.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio
Ring of Fire will continue to air this weekend and will be syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
• Joseph Stiglitz
• Pete McCloskey
• Congressman Frank Pallone
• Musician and Activist David Crosby of CSNY!
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Radical Inequality, Battle of the Titans and the Last Hurrah Stacy Summary: Good morning, y’all! Here are some stories I am reading this morning . . . READ The GDP Mirage: The Last Hurrah (Mish) AND Battle of the Titans: JPMorgan vs Goldman Sachs (Ellen Brown, Huffpo) AND Radical Inequality is Killing Us, Literally (Alternet)
• [OTE38] On the Edge with Max Keiser – 29 January 2010 Stacy Summary: On the Edge!
• [KR12] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Scandal! Stacy Summary: Keiser Report.
•  The Truth About Hank Paulson – 30 January 2010 Stacy Summary: The Truth About Hank, Russia, China, bin Laden and more. Download show HERE (mp3).
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews David Bromwich (mp3) 48:00 Jan 29 2010. David Bromwich, professor of literature at Yale University, discusses American ambassador to Afghanistan Karl Eikenberry’s recommendation against a troop surge that Obama ignored, Eikenberry’s concern that continued US assistance will indefinitely delay Afghan independence and self sufficiency, Obama’s decision to forgo an Iraq Study Group-type reevaluation of policy on Afghanistan, the odd NYT note (end of article) that Robert Gates watched the military-coup movie Seven Days in May, Obama’s odd and infuriating contradictions between his speech-making and policy choices and why US resources would be better spent preventing a failed state in Mexico rather than Afghanistan.
• Scott Horton interviews The Other Scott Horton (mp3) 37:15 Jan 30 2010. The Other Scott Horton (no relation), international human rights lawyer, professor and contributing editor at Harper’s magazine, discusses the journalists attempting to rebut his Guantanamo “suicides” expose, the strong resemblance of Joe Carter’s critiques to those of a Department of Defense public affairs officer, the hassle of dealing with straw man arguments, more evidence that Camp “No” does indeed exist, the ease of controlling the flow of information within a secure military installation and how government “conspiracies” are often nothing more than staying “on message.”
• Evan Bayh, (D) Indiana
• Rep. Paul Ryan, (R) Wisconsin
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen, (D) Maryland
• Sen. Lamar Alexander, (R) Tennessee
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!