Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Brick TeeVee Media Watch Update! We begin with some older news about THE MEDIA. A few weeks ago it was reported BBC Online: 360 staff to lose jobs. BBC confirms level of job redundancies as part of move to cut department's budget by 25% by 2013 AND BBC World Service forecast to lose 30m listeners as cuts announced - Government accused of damaging Britain's reputation overseas by reducing funding by 16% (guardian.co.uk). Equally outrageous is the reptillian proposed cuts to NPR in the US: UPDATE 1-U.S. House votes to cut funding to public radio (reuters) Republicans said the move, which passed by a vote of 228-192, was motivated by the need to cut spending in the face of a record federal budget deficit. Democrats argued the bill was a thinly veiled ideological attack on an institution that some Republicans have long criticized for what they see as its liberal bias. The measure's prospects beyond the Republican-led House appear doubtful as Democrats control the Senate and President Barack Obama, who opposed the bill, could veto it. Watch NY Rep. Anthony Weiner Sarcastically Mocks GOP NPR Defunding Bill (VIDEO) at talkingpointsmemo.com. (You can add your name to 170MillionAmericans.org.) Now comes this tidbit BBC Wants US State Department Funding – Strings Attached? at blacklistednews.com (Source: EurasiaReview) One of the best-known broadcasters, the BBC World Service, has applied for a grant from the US State Department. The company says it needs the funding to develop anti-jamming technology, but some fear the US might use the deal to promote its agenda. Viewers of the BBC World Service might be surprised to learn that starting in May, the news they receive could be influenced by the US. “The cuts in the BBC budget are so draconian that they are looking for money any place they can get it and I am sure the State Department was aware of this,” said Brian Drolet from Deepdish television. “I think what you can interpret from this is that the United States feels comfortable with the political line and the interpretation of world events that are coming from the BBC.” The World Service says it will use the money to prevent its programs from being blocked in countries like Iran and China. But there is concern that cash from the US government will come with strings attached. “The minute you actually start taking the money, there is bound to be a certain element of ‘he who pays the piper calls the tune’,” said director of Institute of Economic Affairs Mark Littlewood. “It is a strange arrangement, and I would worry that the more complicated we make the BBC World Service, the less pure its message can be.” Okay so the BBC News Service and NPR are getting their funding cut but there's money from the U.S. State Department to give to the BBC to "prevent its programs from being blocked"? BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE from David Sirota reporting in The new "Red Dawn" at salon.com Amid the triumphalism, however, we missed the fact that the invaders started winning -- a fact that none other than "Red Dawn's" 2011 remake underscores. That's the subtext of a Los Angeles Times report this week about MGM taking "the extraordinary step" of digitally removing fictional Chinese villains from the $60 million film "lest the leadership in Beijing be offended." Why the fear of upsetting such an odiously anti-democratic government? Because movie executives worry that a film involving a negative message about China "would harm their ability to do business with the rising Asian superpower, one of the fastest-growing and potentially most lucrative markets for American movies." ...Whether you are a "Red Dawn" fan or not, the episode shows that for all the high-minded theories about American cultural exports aiding democratic ferment and challenging autocracy, the dynamic is starting to work the other way as autocracy gives orders to American culture. Indeed, wielding its increasing market leverage, China is now countering our First Amendment ethos with a push for what Times reporter Ben Fritz calls pervasive "self-censorship” -- the kind in which America's media industries preemptively shape content to keep China's dictators happy. Lastly Ilyse Hogue from guardian.co.uk explains in A Fox alert for Rupert Murdoch's BSkyB Fox's pre-eminent position has had an irrefutable and destructive impact on the state of political discourse in the United States. Since its inception, Fox News has performed as a political party, not as an objective journalistic outlet. Since President Obama took office, Fox has succeeded not only in spreading misinformation and lies, but also in entrenching those fictions so that its audience relates to them as irrefutable fact. One in four Americans believes "most or all" of what's said on Fox News, despite Fox's fabrication of everything from death panels to Climategate.... The claims are so outrageous that they would be funny – if they didn't have real impact on people's lives. ... The UK is currently faced with the prospect of full News Corp ownership of BSkyB. As political and opinion leaders think through what this would mean for their country, they should carefully consider not only Fox's worst instances of propagandising, but also the potential British audience for such misinformation. And, most likely, they need look no further than their flatmate. Seddon warns in Tribune that "America needs to wake up before people like Beck and his ilk has it by the throat." Do read the whole op-ed! Surprisingly, as the radiation clouds from the severely-damaged Dai-Ichi Fukushima nuclear plant are floating toward the West Coast of the U.S. the media insist there's nothing to it and Japan's NHK has not been telling its citizens the full story of just how much radiation has been released. The best source of information has been the Reuters News Service HERE but then was pulled on Friday, then re-launched, then went dark again explaining, "Reiterating that the live blog is going on hiatus. Will be back when editors give the go-ahead." One commenter wrote, "I must say honestly that my first thought was that Reuters is being influenced by governments to stop the think-tanking." Ya think? Our own MS alerts us, "The posters from the REUTERS dark site decided that the Reuters' Facebook page they were left with was too clumsy to continue the fast paced discussion of events as they occurred in real time so one of them set up a nice mockup of the defunct REUTERS page for everyone and it's zipping along. After 2 weeks riding Reuters, most are adept at which sources to link to for info and they are running with it!" Go HERE for more up-to-date info. Tyler Durden @ zerohedge has an update GoogleEarth Based 3D Map Of Real-Time Radioactivity Distribution In Japan; Projected Global Radioactivity Dispersion: Confirming that in a time of instantaneous crowdsourced information distribution and analysis, any attempt by a government to institute an information blackout of any nature is doomed to failure, is the following amazing Google Earth-based 3D interactive map of Geiger readings from Japan. And if that is not enough, the Pachube community has released an extensive selection of crowd-sourced realtime radiation monitoring tools and widgets, focusing on as many Japanese territories as possible. Shortly we are confident all geographical holes will be filled, and every square mile of the affected territories will be mapped out surpassed the government's "Under Survey" blackout attempts. Make sure to have the GoogleEarth API set up in advance of checking out the plugin. and also adds TEPCO Admits To Another Cover Up As Radioactivity In Seawater Near Fukushima Soars To 1,251 Above Legal Limit But the most infuriating development is the latest disclosure from TEPCO that once again it covered up critical data. [KYODO:] TEPCO's Fukushima office acknowledged Saturday that it had known earlier that the radiation in the underground level of the turbine building of one of the reactors was extremely high, but had not made the information available to pertinent parties. Edano criticized the utility's handling of the data, saying unless it reports necessary information to authorities in a timely manner, ''the government will not be able to give appropriate instructions and (TEPCO) will make workers, and eventually the public, distrustful'' of the firm. So aside from the constant lies and misinformation, the public can be assued that all is well. Well said. Harvey Wasserman then explains @ huffpo Obama's $36 Billion Nuke-Powered Giveaway: The $36 billion Obama wants to underwrite new reactor construction would be added to $18.5 billion set aside under George W. Bush. In 2010 Obama allocated $8.33 billion of that for two reactors under construction in Georgia. The Continuing Resolution for funding the government until the end of the 2011 fiscal year slashes all loan guarantees for energy except those for nuclear reactors and uranium enrichment.... The economic history of atomic power has been catastrophic, with the previous generation of reactors coming in on average around 200% over original cost projections. Reactors now under construction in Finland and France have soared to billions of dollars over budget and are years behind schedule. ...But while slashing social programs, Obama seems determined to use taxpayer money to fund a radioactive technology that grows ever more expensive and uncompetitive. Meanwhile stateside the reptillians are digging in their talons all over the country. ThinkProgress has a good round-up from their Wonk Room: REPORT: In 12 States, GOP Plans To Slash Corporate Taxes While Increasing Burden on Working Families ThinkProgress has been documenting conservative efforts to shift the burden of record budget shortfalls onto middle-class Americans, while simultaneously doling out tax cuts to corporations. While progressive governors have proposed raising revenue from those who can afford it, alongside painful cuts to programs, Republican governors have unveiled budgets that cut taxes for corporations and raise them on the middle-class and working poor. In this report, ThinkProgress evaluates the priorities conservatives have set in twelve states: BONUS POINTS for naming all 12 states! EXTRA BONUS POINTS for naming the Reptile Guvnor! No peeking now... Remember the on-going saga of the ROBO-SIGNERS? Yves Smtih at NakedCapitalism has an update (h/t maddy) Slapping Team Obama: Several Democratic AGs to Withdraw from Proposed Mortgage Fraud Settlement; Federal Negotiations in Disarray: The so-called mortgage settlement looks to be coming apart at the seams. That does not mean there will not be a deal of some sort.That does not mean there will not be a deal of some sort. Remember, a hallmark of the Obama administration is to do things simply to have more “achievements” to discuss. But not only, as has been rumored for some time, are a number of Republican attorneys general saying they will not join in the settlement, so are some Democrats as well. It’s important to recognize that Democratic withdrawals are a far bigger problem for Obama than the Republicans. Given that a number of AGs signed up at the last minute, and some of the Republicans were not even on board with the concept of a mortgage settlement, defections among the GOP participants can be depicted as partisanship. By contrast, repudiation by Democrats, particularly Democrats that have garnered some attention in the national press by taking mortgage abuses seriously, is much harder for the Administration to explain away... And why all the haste? Well, it appears that cheerleading, letting the banks foreclose when investors would prefer deep principal mods to viable borrowers, ill-conceived Federal mortgage modification programs, and a head-in-the-sand approach to documentation problems and procedural abuses have done wonders for the housing market, which most experts expect to fall another 10% this year. The Administration appears prepared to redouble its efforts in this failed strategy since it lacks the guts to do anything that might actually be effective. But Team Obama still appears to believe that all problems can be solved via public relations. The fact that HAMP was an embarrassment appears to have led to the bizarre conclusion that the remedy is better modification theater. Turning to world issues President Compromise gave the go-ahead for U.N. Resolution 1973 to impose a no-fly zone on Libya (guardian.co.uk) while in South America where protests greeted him in CHILE, BRAZIL and El Salvador plus Dennis Kucinich: Libya Air Strikes Could Be 'Impeachable Offense' @ huffpo. See Dennis on GritTV below! Yer White House Limo picks up the Hillary & Bob Show for a clean sweep of all the majors - damage control anyone? Everything else you need to know you'll find in BTV Alerts and our regulars, now including SAM SEDER @ majority.fm. Tune in GREEN NEWS REPORT for more Fukushima coverage and The H.O.R.N. where Bob Kincaid speaks with Ron Pollack of FamiliesUSA discussing the one-year anniversary of the new health care law, the Affordable Care Act on Wednesday's show debunking some of the myths surrounding the new law as more portions come into effect. On Friday's show Bob chats with with Paula Palmer, Director of the Global Response Program for Cultural Survival, referencing her interview with Jeff Biggers Big Coal WikiLeaks Emergency in Bangladesh: Does Obama Support Removal of 100,000 Villagers? @ Alternet. See the links below for the mp3s! The Buckeyes took one on the chin against Kentucky but GO BUTLER! Opening Day is only FOUR DAYS AWAY! Check yer local listings and ESPN for Thursday's line up!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
JAPAN IN CRISIS JAPAN IN CRISISDemocracy Now! reports on the disaster in Japan following a massive 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami and the resulting nuclear crisis.
»»» Phyllis Bennis with the New Internationalism Project at the Institute for Policy Studies @ DEMOCRACY NOW! WATCH NOW No-Fly Zone Enacted as U.S. and Allied Forces Launch Air Strikes on Libya Amid Growing Concerns for Civilian Safety March 21, 2011
»»» Jeremy Scahill @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Jeremy Scahill: As Mass Uprising Threatens the Saleh Regime, a Look at the Covert U.S. War in Yemen & “The No-Fly Zone Has Always Been a Recipe for Disaster”: Jeremy Scahill Says Libyan Strategy Has No Endgame March 22, 2011
»»» University of Michigan professor Khaled Mattawa and UCLA law professor Asli Bali @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Debating Intervention: Is U.S.-Led Military Action the Best Solution to Libya Crisis? March 23, 2011
»»» Human rights attorney Haitham Maleh in Damascus and with his son Iyas Maleh in Brussels @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Thousands Protest in Syria After Gov’t Forces Kill Scores of Demonstrators March 24, 2011
»»» Aileen Mioko Smith of Kyoto-based Green Action @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Radioactivity in Food, Water Sparks Fears of Widespread Contamination in Japan March 24, 2011
»»» Investigative journalist Allan Nairn @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW As Obama Completes First Latin America Tour, Anniversary of Slain Salvadoran Archbishop Romero Evokes Legacy of U.S.-Backed Crimes March 24, 2011
»»» Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW 100th Anniversary of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire March 25, 2011
»»» Steve Fraser, author, editor and labor historian @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Labor Rights Legacy of the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire: Garment Unions Marched Out of this Fire and Produced the New Unionism March 25, 2011
»»» Charles Kernaghan, director of the Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights (formerly the National Labor Committee), Annelise Orleck, professor at Darmouth College & Steve Fraser, @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW 100 Years After Triangle Fire, Tragedy in Bangladesh and Anti-Union Bill in Wisconsin Highlight Workers’ Enduring Struggles March 18, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH J. Hoberman: American Movies and the Making of the Cold War
»»» Phyllis Bennis & James Carroll @ GRITtv Phyllis Bennis, James Carroll, and a Stay in Wisconsin
»»» Danny Schecter of News Dissector Danny Schechter: What's Holding Up Economic Justice?
»»» Jeff Biggers @ GRITtv Jeff Biggers: Will Coal Profit from Nuclear Meltdown?
»»» More Jeff Biggers @ GRITtv Jeff Biggers and Remembering Labor History
»»» Bill Fletcher & Dennis Kucinich @ GRITtv Bill Fletcher, Jr., Dennis Kucinich, and Union Education Dennis Kucinich @ GRITtv Dennis Kucinich: Creating Economic Democracy
»»» The F Word @ GRITtv The F Word: Stopping Walker’s Steamroller In Wisconsin
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Check your local listings on CBS
»»» NASCAR on FOX Auto Club 400 @ Fontana California! 3 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT Doubleheader Thursday! Celtics @ Spurs 8:00 pm then Mavs @ Lakers 10:30 pm
»»» MLB on ESPN Opening Day Tripleheader! Tigers @ Yankees 1 pm then Padres @ Cardinals 4:15 pm plus the 2010 Champion San Francisco Giants @ Dodgers. Hot Dogs! Cracker Jack! Beer here!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Daniel Ellsberg at White House and Quantico This Weekend for Bradley Manning by Jane Hamsher & Quantico Marine Base Issues “Threat Advisory” for Bradley Manning Protest by Michael Whitney.
FORA.tv Series: WikiLeaks: Security Threat or Media Savior? WikiLeaks: Why It Matters. Why It Doesn't? Debate at the Churchill Club - With Daniel Elsberg, Clay Shirky, Neville Roy Singham, Peter Thiel, Jonathan Zittrain and Moderated by Paul Jay, CEO and Senior Editor, The Real News Network
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackeberries, Droid and other phonesto help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation funding cutting edge medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation sources and supports early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective treatments for patients which otherwise might not be funded. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,441 US Military Dead as of March 25, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,513 US Military Dead as of March 25, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour - JAKE TAPPER sits in
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
• Defense Secretary Robert Gates
• former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News' George Will, former Congressman Joe Sestak (D-PA), national correspondent at The Atlantic Jeffrey Goldberg, and Egyptian journalist Mona Eltahawy
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
• Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The New Tax Havens - American companies are finding new overseas tax havens to legally protect some of their profits from the U.S. tax rate of 35 percent, among the highest in the world. Lesley Stahl reports. Shachar Bar-On is the producer.
• One Child At A Time - Wars can literally shatter children's lives and Elissa Montanti is on a mission to make some of them whole again through a network of volunteers. Scott Pelley follows the progress of one of them, a badly maimed Iraqi boy. Tanya Simon and Catherine Herrick are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
• Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
• Sen. Richard Lugar (R-IN) ranking member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
• ROUNDTABLE: The Washington Post's Bob Woodward; the BBC's Ted Koppel; senior fellow for the Center for a New American Security and author, Tom Ricks; and NBC News White House Correspondent, Savannah Guthrie.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• The chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, Sen. Carl Levin
• former director of the CIA, Gen. Michael Hayden (Ret.)
• former National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley
• Nuclear policy expert, Joe Cirincione
• two former directors of the Congressional Budget Office
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!!! Bob Kincaid discusses the one-year anniversary of the new health care law, the Affordable Care Act with Ron Pollack of FamiliesUSA Listen HERE (mp3)!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!!! Bob chats with with Paula Palmer, Director of the Global Response Program for Cultural Survival, referencing her interview with Jeff Biggers Big Coal WikiLeaks Emergency in Bangladesh: Does Obama Support Removal of 100,000 Villagers? Listen HERE (mp3)! Read more and TAKE ACTION @ CulturalSurvival.org, International Survivability Project and Amngrove Action Project. Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - March 24, 2011 IN TODAY'S SPECIAL RADIO REPORT: Update on Japan's nuke crisis: Tap water warning lifted for Tokyo infants, but spreading elsewhere; Workers at stricken plant hospitalized for radiation exposure; Nukes now less popular in the US (for some reason); King crab invasion at the South Pole; PLUS: Japanese villages struggle to maintain tradition amidst disaster... ... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Head exploder: GOPer wants creationism taught in school; WorldWaterDay: Which nations are most at risk?; BP Oil Disaster: Pipe piece caused blowout preventer failure; Google Maps now displaying EV charging stations; GA tree farm re-establishing American Chestnut; USDA gives GM crops boost over organics; Road salt killing Twin Cities' lakes; EU Chief: French GM maize ban illegal; HUGE lease sale for WY coal; Lead, chemicals taint some urban gardens; EPA, DOJ sue MI's largest coal plant; Canada is getting warmer: study ... PLUS: MacGyver It: $3 Emergency Solar-Powered Radio Made With an Altoids Tin! ....
Links to STORIES DISCUSSED IN TODAY'S 'GREEN NEWS REPORT' at Green News Report! Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 230David Brooks Talks About “The Social Animal” and Politics, too; PBC Details California Budget Cuts–All on the Backs of the Poor; Will Durst on the Current Political Scene David Brooks, conservative N.Y. Times columnist, visits the secret studio on his book tour, showing a kinder, gentler side of Brooks; PBC details the truly obscene budget cuts passed in Sacramento last week; Will Durst reflects on the all-new political paradigm, Us vs. Them.
• PBC Podcast 231Jason Leopold: Important New Revelations of Origins of Bush Torture Program; Will Durst on “No Fly Zones” Investigative reporter Jason Leopold reveals how a CIA psychologist led the reverse engineering of US military training of our troops to resist torture–creating the BushCo “enhanced interrogation techniques” used at Guantanamo and elsewhere; Will Durst comments on the new “no fly zone” over Libya.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! March 25, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: we’ve got fellow liberal radio host Mike Malloy who’s going to tell us about his recent arrest while protesting the 8th anniversary of the Iraq War, and while protesting the treatment of whistleblower Bradley Manning.
• We’ll also be talking with author Kevin Baker about the 100th anniversary of the tragic Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in New York – a tragedy that helped create stronger workplace protections for all American workers.
• We’ll also be talking with blogger and author Cliff Schecter about a creepy militia group in Alaska that is gaining way too much power over Alaskan politicians.
• And author Robert Parry will be here to give us an update on the situation in Libya, and we’ll find out what Gaddafi’s regime and George W. Bush have in common.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Sorry GOP, Libya Won’t Hurt Obama in 2012 Most Americans support the US’s limited involvement in Libya, so why do conservatives think that this is going to prevent him from being re-elected? Obama has taken the anti-Bush approach in the situation, and Americans are pleased so far. But, as Mike Papantonio points out on Fox Business’s Follow The Money, this issue can only effect Obama if he gets us involved in another endless war.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Ford CEO Gets $60 Million Payday, Workers Get Pay Cut Union members made some serious concessions when the American automotive industry was tanking, and in return, they expected management to do the same. It turns out that Ford’s CEO Alan Mulally received a $60 million bonus this past year, as the average auto worker was making less than $20 an hour. Mike Papantonio appears on Fox Business’s Follow The Money to discuss the issue.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Libya and the Whiny Republicans The conservatives seem to be torn over whether they want a war in Libya, or whether they want a BIG war in Libya. The only thing they can agree on is that they don’t want Obama handling it. Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz fire back at the flip-flopping GOP over their ridiculous hatred of Obama and everything he does.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• NSN's Heather Hurlburt on the U.S.'s New War in Libya [03•21•11]
• Author Kevin Baker on the Shirtwaist Triangle Factory fire of 1911
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• This amount was simply pocketed by the primary dealers (including 9/11 cry-baby Cantor Fitzgerald) and is now a liability of the Federal Reserve, and putatively the US taxpayer. by maxkeiser READ How the NY Fed Gifted An Extra $15.7 Million To Wall Street Yesterday @ zerohedge
• “If this absurd proposal were to pass, can someone tell me who the hell the banks would sell those properties to, how fast, and at what loss?” by maxkeiser READ FDIC “Cash for Keys” Proposal Would Pay Underwater Homeowners $21,000 to Walk Away; In Prison for Taking a Liar Loan @ globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com
• VIDEO! The company that killed Rachel Corrie puts a gun to America’s head by maxkeiser READ Caterpillar CEO’s letter talks of leaving Illinois @ pantagraph.com
•Wisconsonians are dumb fucks by maxkeiser READ Wisconsin Union Law Published Despite Court Order @ abcnews
• Let’s swap Netanyahu with Donald Trump. Leave the real estate development to ‘The Donald’ and the wacky reality TV shit to Benny. by maxkeiser READ Israel ready to react with ‘great force’: Netanyahu
• VIDEO! DOLLAR DOOMED: Bob Chapman, Part 1 of 2 by maxkeiser
• VIDEO! Ron Paul on military Keynesianism and faux fiscal conservatism by stacyherbert Stacy Summary: Get ready for the Red Team hate in comments, but Ron Paul is so, so right here. It fits in with our agnotologic capitalism. This is agnotologic politics that Paul describes.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Build More Reactors, Not!
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Freedom Fighters vs Corrupt Corps
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – 26 March 2011 Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE102] On the Edge with Nicole ‘Stoneleigh’ Foss We interview Nicole ‘Stoneleigh’ Foss about Fukushima and deflation.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Lew Rockwell March 25, 2011: Lew Rockwell, founder and Chairman of the Ludwig von Mises Institute, discusses the “Naked Aggression Against Libya;” fighting for control of oil resources on behalf of the MIC and US empire; the triumvirate of women promoting and commanding the Libyan war effort; Egypt’s tough slog to freedom and liberty following Mubarak’s ouster; and how democracy, as applied to foreign countries, means little more than the freedom to vote for the candidate chosen by the US.
• Rep. James Ridgeway March 26, 2011: James Ridgeway, Senior Washington Correspondent for Mother Jones, discusses the general detainment conditions in US prisons, in light of Bradley Manning’s mistreatment; the “Angola 3” prisoners held in solitary confinement for almost four decades; the forgotten Eighth Amendment to the Constitution; using solitary confinement as a baseline condition, rather than a temporary punitive measure; why prison culture is indicative of extreme American ignorance or just barbarism; and the few politicians willing to stick their necks out for indicted criminals, for little to no political gain.
• Barrett Brown March 26, 2011: Barrett Brown, journalist and sometimes-spokesman for Anonymous, discusses the loosely affiliated hacker collective known as Anonymous; contributing to the revolutions in Tunisia, Egypt and beyond; the internet’s use as a tool of liberation and of repressive surveillance; the danger of private companies developing software (dubbed “Metal Gear” by Anonymous) to infiltrate and manipulate social networks – especially those used to aid popular revolutions; and how the anti-Ben Bernanke Anonymous campaign serves as a distraction from the group’s core mission.
• John V. Walsh March 26, 2011: John V. Walsh, frequent contributor to Counterpunch.org, discusses his article “Impeach Obama: A Challenge to Tea Partiers and Antiwar Liberals;” the two-party partisan trap that causes incessant infighting and diverts attention from the real problems; how Obama’s decision to militarily intervene in yet another Sunni Muslim country virtually guarantees more blowback; looking at the UN Libya vote in terms of the represented populations for and against intervention, which turns the 10-5 vote on its head; and how China’s foreign policy indicates the 21st century will be more about economics than warfare.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the House (R)
• Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT)
• Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml