Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Dai-Ichi at Year One Last Sunday's Sydney Morning Journal Sunday highlights the friction between the U.S. and Austrailia Editorial - Making a martyr of Assange
- ONE of the first tasks for Bob Carr as foreign affairs minister, if he is to show the robust stance within the US alliance he has urged from outside government, is to demand a basic respect in the treatment of Australian citizens. The case of the WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, in the light of leaked material from the well-connected US corporate intelligence firm Stratfor, is of concern. Stratfor's internal messages, provided to WikiLeaks and just published, claim the US Department of Justice has already issued a secret indictment against Assange more than a year ago, after an earlier, secret, grand jury hearing. Fred Burton, Stratfor's vice-president for intelligence and a former deputy chief of counterterrorism in the State Department, is the source. Stratfor also assures us the sexual assault charges being investigated against Assange in Sweden, the cause of extradition proceedings in Britain, are contrived. There is doubt that espionage or other charges against Assange can ultimately be made to stick in the US, given the constitutional guarantee of free speech and his likely journalistic status, but Stratfor seems confident he can just be moved ''from country to country to face various charges for the next 25 years'', bankrupted and jailed for conspiracy. Even more disturbing, the Australian government has been unable to obtain clarification from Washington about what charges are being pressed against a citizen who is not even in the US jurisdiction. It recalls the case of Mamdouh Habib, the Australian citizen ''rendered'' from Pakistan to Egypt for alleged torture on suspicion of terrorism without Canberra being able to find out from the US what was happening to him. Dennis Richardson, the same official who was trying to find that out as head of the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation is now secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. When Carr arrives in his new role, he should demand of him: are we being tough enough? The Assange case could shake the Australia-US alliance in two significant ways. First, the WikiLeaks material will reinforce to many the lessons from the Iraq debacle: that US intelligence is not always reliable or even honest, and that routinely following America into dubious and unwinnable conflicts is too high an insurance premium. Second, Assange has all the makings of a countercultural martyr, especially among young people of the social media generation who tend to see secrecy and privacy as protecting privilege. In the contest for hearts and minds, Assange will beat the likes of Stratfor's Burton hands down.
Speaking of law enforcement you protesters will have to cover a lot of ground as the G-8 summit to be held at Camp David, not Chicago (ChiTrib) The Group of Eight meeting will be moved to Camp David, according to the White House, but the gathering of NATO allies and the International Security Assistance Force will go on in Chicago as planned in mid-May. .... "This was really about the president looking for a more informal setting with these close partners," [Caitlin Hayden, a spokeswoman for Obama's National Security Council] said. .... The G8 summit will take place on May 18 and 19, addressing a range of economic, political and security issues. The president will then host the NATO allies and partners on May 20 and 21 in Chicago, where they will discuss the war in Afghanistan and their planned withdrawal. ... [Chicago Mayor Rahm] Emanuel's office put out a statement this afternoon saying he wished "President Obama and the other leaders well at the G8 meeting at Camp David and look forward to hosting the NATO Summit in Chicago. "Hosting the NATO Summit is a tremendous opportunity to showcase Chicago to the world and the world to Chicago and we are proud to host the 50 heads of state, foreign and defense ministers from the NATO and ISAF countries in our great city May 19-21." Get those "comfortable shoes" on! And be sure to review Bob Alexander's Lurking in the Shadows The alarm goes off, we get up, and something horrible happens. H.R. 347: Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011. It was introduced on January 19, 2011. This bill passed in the Senate with changes by unanimous Consent on February 6, 2012. The bill passed in the House of Representatives by roll call vote on February 28, 2011. The vote was held under a suspension of the rules to cut debate short and pass the bill, needing a two-thirds majority. This usually occurs for non-controversial legislation. The totals were 399 Ayes, 3 Nays, 30 Present/Not Voting. H.R. 347 was presented to the President on Mar 1, 2012. He hasn’t signed it … yet. The Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011 has nothing to do with fertilizer, mulching, or upgrading the national fleet of lawn mowers. How to describe this noisome sludge awaiting Obama’s signature? John Robb from Global Guerrillas said it best: "HR 347: One more step towards Neo-Feudalism" ....This new bill, about to be signed by the President, is called the Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011. Itis not as innocent as its name. Essentially, it makes it a federal offense to be anywhere near…somebody protected by the secret service. That's from the President to candidates for political office (Romney or Santorum) to senior government officials to foreign dignitaries (G20). In other words, lots and lots of people. While being sold as a way to close a loophole in the current law regarding White House security, it is actually much more than that. It changed one word that made a world of difference. What's the difference? To be arrested and imprisoned, all you need to do is be in the same building or area around a person that has secret service protection. You don't even need to know you are breaking the law to be arrested and imprisoned..... So WATCH OUT as you mingle NEAR the G-8 and NATO big-wigs! And have yer ACLU attorney on speed-dial! You may already be targeted! Don't believe Bob? The Daily Censored posts Many forms of Occupy protests subjected to new bill making protests illegal ...The bill — H.R. 347, or the “FederalRestrictedBuildingsand Grounds Improvement Act of 2011”—was passed by unanimous consent in the Senate. Only Ron Paul and two other Republicans voted against the bill in the House of Representatives (the bill passed 388-3). Not a single Democratic politician voted against the bill. The virtually unanimous passage of H.R. 347 exposes the fact that, despite all their posturing, the Democrats and the Republicans stand shoulder to shoulder with the corporate and financial oligarchy that they work for.... READ ON!
Salon's Glenn Greenwald explains how Attorney General Holder defends execution without charges In a speech at Northwestern University yesterday, Attorney General Eric Holder provided the most detailed explanation yet for why the Obama administration believes it has the authority to secretly target U.S. citizens for execution by the CIA without even charging them with a crime, notifying them of the accusations, or affording them an opportunity to respond, instead condemning them to death without a shred of transparency or judicial oversight. The administration continues to conceal the legal memorandum it obtained to justify these killings, and, as The New York Times‘ Charlie Savage noted, Holder’s “speech contained no footnotes or specific legal citations, and it fell far short of the level of detail contained in the Office of Legal Counsel memo.” But the crux of Holder’s argument as set forth in yesterday’s speech is this:
- Some have argued that the president is required to get permission from a federal court before taking action against a United States citizen who is a senior operational leader of Al Qaeda or associated forces. This is simply not accurate. “Due process” and “judicial process” are not one and the same, particularly when it comes to national security. The Constitution guarantees due process, not judicial process.
Then we have Tomgram: Eyal Press, Chilling Dissent on Wall Street in a long post explains The experiences of corporate whistleblowers like Foster and Wydler underscore a truth highlighted by legal scholar Cass Sunstein in his book Why Societies Need Dissent. The voices of dissidents who have the courage to bring uncomfortable news to light -- information that can prevent disastrous economic or other blunders from happening -- matter only to the extent that anyone pays attention to them. “A legal system that is committed to free speech forbids government from silencing dissenters,” observed Sunstein. “That is an extraordinary accomplishment.” But as he went on to note, the formal existence of this right hardly ensures that individuals who exercise it in situations that cry out for opposition have an impact. “Even in democracies, disparities in power play a large role in silencing dissent -- sometimes by ensuring that dissenters keep quiet, but more insidiously by ensuring that dissenters are not really heard.” And it seems that, if the present House of Representatives has anything to say about it, the law will soon ensure that corporate whistleblowers are silenced anew. Although the financial meltdown of 2008 didn’t exactly inspire the Justice Department to hold high-ranking Wall Street executives accountable (to date, not one CEO has been prosecuted for fraud), the abusive practices and billion-dollar scams that regulatory agencies somehow overlooked did prompt some reform. As part of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Congress put in place new rules that, at least theoretically, enhanced the protections and incentives available to whistleblowers. Do read this in its entirety. Chilling.
As advertisers continue to pull ads from Premier Radio's "The Oxy Moron Show" Rolling Stone reports Peter Gabriel has demanded that his music be pulled from Rush Limbaugh's radio show after learning that his 1986 hit "Sledgehammer" was played while the host launched into a tirade against Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke on Wednesday. "Peter was appalled to learn that his music was linked to Rush Limbaugh's extraordinary attack on Sandra Fluke," says a statement on Gabriel's Facebook page. "It is obvious from anyone that knows Peter's work that he would never approve such a use. He has asked his representatives to make sure his music is withdrawn and especially from these unfair aggressive and ignorant comments." Good on Pete! Bob Kincaid has it covered on Thorn-in-the-Side Thursday below in Hour One - GO LISTEN!
Breitbart releases video from the grave! Haha PBS has the uneditied film from 2008! Haha! We go to BradBlog for EXPOSED!: Video of Radical Student Obama Protesting at Harvard in 1991 Finally Surfaces! UPDATE 8:29pm PT: The Breitbarters are yammering that the above video was "selectively edited!!!" Setting aside the hypocrisy of that "outrage", the complete video in question seems to come from a PBS Frontline segment. That shocking segment, plus damning raw video taken for it, is now posted in full below...Sigh...
And the post-script to Matt Taibbi's Breitbart obit UPDATE: Well done, Breitbart fans, well done! In less than 24 hours you’ve hacked into my Wiki page, published my telephone number on Twitter, called the Rolling Stone offices pretending to be outraged “advertisers” (anonymous ones, who hung up before we could figure out which “ads” to pull), and then spent all night calling and texting my phone with various threats and insults, many of them directed at my family. “Better grow eyes in the back of your head,” was one; “I’m going to take a shit on your mother’s grave,” was another; a third called my wife a “piece of shit like you,” and many others called me a “pile of human excrement.” Those last ones to me were the most interesting because that quote is lifted directly from Breitbart’s own obit of Ted Kennedy, which like me Breitbart ran just hours after his subject died. So that means the writers of these letters knew that what I did was exactly the same as what Breitbart had done, and yet they still found a way to be unironically outraged on Breitbart’s behalf. I thought: “These people don’t even get their own jokes.”.... But I guess no homage is complete without a celebration of the whole man, and the whole man in this case was not just a guy who once said, “It’s all about a good laugh,” but also someone who liked to publish peoples’ personal information on the internet, hack into private web sites, tell lies in an attempt to get his enemies fired, and incite readers to threats against his targets and their families, including death threats. I left all of that stuff out of my obit, but now, thanks to you readers, that’s all in there as well, leaving, for posterity, a much more complete picture of the man. Thanks Matt! But who needs cocksuckers like Breitbart when the evil is in the management of major radio networks? Wayne Barrett at the Daily Beast reports
Clear Channel’s Directors Give Big to Romney, Who Won’t Criticize Limbaugh The directors of Clear Channel, which hosts Rush Limbaugh’s show, have been big donors to Mitt Romney’s campaigns, which might help explain why Romney has been so reluctant to criticize Rush. Fourteen directors of Clear Channel, the company that hosts the Rush Limbaugh show, have contributed $726,400 to Mitt Romney since 1994, most of it in the current presidential campaign. Romney has come under attack for refusing to criticize Limbaugh’s comments about Georgetown University law student Sandra Fluke, other than to say that calling her a “slut” and a “prostitute” was “not the language I would have used.” Romney’s former company, Bain Capital, acquired Clear Channel in 2008 with another Boston-based investment firm, Thomas H. Lee Partners (THL), so five of the entertainment company’s directors that have given to Romney come from Bain, while three are affiliated with the Lee firm. Three other directors are members of the Mays family that founded the company and continued to run it until 2011, when CEO Mark Mays stepped down. The remaining three donor directors come from other investment firms. ... While Bain partners, employees and family members, including the Clear Channel directors, have given a combined $4.7 million to Romney’s two presidential campaigns, THL also has a long history of Romney support, with some donations dating back to Romney’s first, unsuccessful run against Massachusetts Sen. Ted Kennedy in 1994. THL tallies $180,300 including its Putnam affiliate and led by its co-chairs, Scott Schoen, Anthony Dinovi, and Scott Sperling. With Sperling’s wife and son contributing as well, Sperling has donated $25,100 to Romney, starting in 1994. .... Clear Channel director Steven D. Barnes and his wife, Deborah, have given $346,200 to Romney, also starting in 1994. John Connaughton, also a Bain partner on the Clear Channel board, and wife Stephanie have contributed $296,300 since 2002, when Romney was elected governor in Massachusetts. .... The timing and size of these donations demonstrate Romney’s continuing close ties to those at the helm of this media giant, which has so far taken a hands-off policy about Limbaugh. “We respect the rights of Mr. Limbaugh, as we respect the rights of those who disagree with him,” Clear Channel’s Premiere Networks said in a statement. While media companies, including Clear Channel, have terminated or suspended hosts for over-the-top comments, the company appears as unwilling to take on Limbaugh as Romney has. Clear Channel awarded Limbaugh an eight-year, $400 million contract when the Bain/Lee acquisition closed.... Ah the CorporoPress at its best! Yes the same CCC that BANNED the Dixie Chicks and have nearly single-handedly homogenized U.S. radio after the Telecommunications Act of 1996. We can't wait to see some enterprising blogger do a similar investigation on the Big Three networks' "donations" to candidates! Or any other industry for that matter like maybe the energy industry! UNFLAPPABLE Brave New Films producer Robert Greenwald posts at Alternet Would the Kochs rather attack me than stop cancer? (VIDEO) My filmmaking team and I recently told the story of the small town of Crossett, Arkansas, where residents are giving powerful testimony about the prevalence of cancer in their community and linking it to a nearby chemical plant owned by Charles and David Koch. This revelation came on top of the already-known facts that the Koch brothers are among the top 10 polluters in the United States and led the charge (unsuccessfully) to keep formaldehyde from being named a carcinogen. Yet instead of cleaning up their operations, the Kochs are now attacking me personally. .... Their smears in advance of our film are understandable, of course. They’re attacking us because they’re getting cornered as the public learns more and more about how they’re corroding our democracy. But the truth, I believe, will win out.... WATCH the video and get a copy of the KochBrothersExposed DVD!
Next we go to Greece as debtors agree to haircut as Lanny Hobson at The Examiner reports Major Greek debtors agree to bond swap A sigh of relief came to Greece yesterday as major banks which hold its bonds have agreed to the bond swap for longer maturity bonds, thus paving the way for Greece to receive its next tranche of funding from the EU. Greece is prepared to enact collective action clauses once 90% of bondholders agree to its terms, thus forcing the holdouts to swap their bonds. The Eurozone region slip back into recession as growth fell in the last quarter of 2011 by 0.3%. In two days the "voluntary" bond swap between Greece and its bondholders, will need tobe completed, so that Greece can receive its 2nd tranche of bailout funds. If some of the investors refuse to agree to the new terms Greece will enact collective action clauses CAC's which force the bondholders to swap their shorter term bonds for new 30 year bonds losing 53.5% of their principal value. .... But Tyler Durden at zerohedge offers The Greek €107 Billion Contingent Liability Gorilla Exposed From Mark Grant, as a follow up The Eight Hundred Pound Greek Gorilla Enters The Room. When we have been given the data on Greek sovereign debt it appears we have been misled. I have added up now the ISDA debt issuances and I present them to you; all of these issuances are GUARANTEED by the Hellenic Republic; full faith and credit. [.....] TOTAL GREEK GUARANTEED DEBT: $107,213,000,000.00 Here is $107 billion of OTHER debt; guaranteed debt that does not appear to be included anywhere in the official Greek sovereign debt figures. Contingent liabilities that are not counted any longer perhaps as the accepted manner of doing business now in Europe. Most of these issuances are governed under British law with “Default” clauses and “Negative Covenant” clauses. Greece defaults on €105 billion Euros and adds new debt, the IMF/EU loans, of 130 billion Euros and we are told that Greece is better off today than yesterday. What drivel! With the addition of the new IMF/EU loans of $172 billion and the revelation of the guaranteed debt at $107 billion Greece now has $279 billion of new and hidden debts. All of the meandering, all of the charades, all of the red nail polish applied will, in the end I forecast, not be able to hide the reality that the barking dog is a greasy Pig. ....
XL PIPELINE UPDATE: Lakota refusing XL Pipeline Trucks Entry to Pine Ridge Reservation? asks correentwire's lambert No major media outlet has picked this up, so I guess we'll see. Here's the FaceBook page for the Lakota's radio station:
- Calling all Lakota men on the Pine Ridge Reservation to come to Wanblee SD. XL Pipeline trucks are being held there at the border by our Lakota Oyate, OST Police and State Troopers in an effort to keep them from entering our territory. Even the state troopers told the trucks they have to turn around and cannot bring thier pipeline or other materials on to our reservation. The XL Pipeline trucks are refusing to turn around claiming they have corperate rights that supreceed any other laws.
PLEASE SHARE FB FAMILY WITH EVERYONE!!
Now to DAI-ICHI: Our first post that mentioned Fukushima was Brick TeeVee Worldwide Crisis Edition! on Sunday, March 13, 2011 where we led with
- We go to BradBlog's Brad Friedman on 3/12/2011 3:04am [Live Blogging] EXPLOSION ROCKS NUCLEAR PLANT AT FUKUSHIMA | INJURIES, PLUMES OF SMOKE, WALLS COLLAPSED | EVAC AREA WIDENED @ 3/12/2011 3:04am PM spokes: 'container not breached'; 140k evacuated; 4 injured in explosion; 'At least' 9 exposed to radiation (may rise to 160) LATEST: Radiation levels too high, Meltdown may have occurred; Iodine pills for radiation poisoning circulated | Emergency cooling system fails at 2nd reactor, valve opened to release pressure... YIKES! Much more all over the series of toobs - feel free to post yer findings below.
- One month ago Monday Japan was hit by a record 9.0 earthquake and subsequent tsunami setting in action a series of events at the Fukshima Dai-Ichi nuclear power plant that have left the plant severely damaged, leaking radioactive elements into the atmosphere and ocean. See these hi-res pix of the plant's damage at cryptome.org Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant Hi-Res Photos Christian Science Monitor answers the question How Much Spent Nuclear Fuel Does the Fukushima Daiichi Facility Hold?
- Reactor No. 1: 50 tons of spent nuclear fuel
- Reactor No. 2: 81 tons
- Reactor No. 3: 88 tons
- Reactor No. 4: 135 tons
- Reactor No. 5: 142 tons
- Reactor No. 6: 151 tons
- Also, a separate ground-level fuel pool contains 1,097 tons of fuel; and some 70 tons of nuclear materials are kept on the grounds in dry storage.
- "Tragically, the “Nuclear Samurai” work for a company – TEPCO – that has been exposed as having ignored mandatory safety checks at Fukushima; as allowing spent fuel rods far in excess of the number that was deemed prudent to be stored on site; and as being evasive and unforthcoming about the real facts of the unfolding emergency.
What we have also seen is a second tsunami of a different kind – a tidal wave of blowback from the nuclear industry around the world, which has been rocked back on its heels by Fukushima but is now regrouping. There are claims that radiation is good for you; that nuclear power is still the only answer to global warming; and that fears about the safety of nuclear power are unwarranted and panic-stricken.
Let us be clear: there are billions and billions of dollars at stake for the nuclear industry, which has, as I’ve written earlier, managed to bamboozle governments around the world, much of the press, and many ordinary citizens into believing that nuclear power is green and clean. Nothing could be further from the truth. The industry will not walk away from that money without a fight.
The world is now paying – and will pay however severe Fukushima turns out to be – a grave price for the nuclear industry’s hubris and the arrogance and greed that fueled their drive to build more and more reactors."
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
- Please SIGN THE PETITION in support of the "99%'s Deficit Proposal" and plan direct actions to tell the Super Committee that the 99% have better solutions to our nation's crises. You can plan your own action at your Congressmember's office or join us in Freedom Plaza in Washington, DC for marches to Capitol Hill. Check our calendar for announcements.
B R I C K T E E V E E image ©2006 arkysue THEY report. YOU throw bricks. © Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! The essential guide for watching government propagandaIRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of March 9, 2011 AFGHANISTAN: 1,910 US Military Dead as of March 9, 2012 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) anchor George Stephanopoulos
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
• ROUNDTABLE: senior White House correspondent Jake Tapper, former Obama economic adviser and ABC News consultant Austan Goolsbee, Republican strategist Mary Matalin, former New York governor Eliot Spitzer, and Nicolle Wallace, Republican strategist and senior adviser to the McCain-Palin 2008 campaign
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer this Sunday: Live from Miami
• Robert Gibbs, the former White House Press Secretary and current advisor to the Obama Campaign
• Republican Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich
• ROUNDTABLE: CBS News's Chief White House Correspondent Norah O'Donnell and Political Director John Dickerson
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Spymaster Speaks - While the possibility of a nuclear-armed Iran becomes an election year issue, the former head of Israel's intelligence service, Meir Dagan, sits down with Lesley Stahl to discuss the Iranian nuclear question. Shachar Bar-On is the producer.
• Teacher to the World -On his educational website, "Khan Academy," he teaches millions of students across the world each month. Sal Khan's teaching method has become so effective that it may be the future of American education. Dr. Sanjay Gupta reports. Denise Schrier Cetta is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum
• Gov. Martin O’Malley (D-MD) and Chairman of the Republican Governors
• Mitt Romney supporter Gov. Bob McDonnell (R-VA).
• ROUNDTABLE: MSNBC’s Al Sharpton, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), Washington Post’s EJ Dionne, and the Wall Street Journal’s Peggy Noonan
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada)
• Ron Paul
• ROUNDTABLE: Washington Post’s Dan Balz, The Wall Street Journal’s Stephen Moore, and Former Office of Management and Budget Director Alice Rivlin
• two former Republican Presidential candidates Dick Gephardt and Steve Forbes offer their assessment of the 2012 presidential field
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• THORN IN THE SIDE THURSDAY!!!!! Bob KNOCKS DOWN all the hoopla surrounding Mr. Oxy Contin hisself! Plus all the regulars chime in! Listen HERE (mp3) NOW! Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - March 8, 2012 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Obama fires back at GOP over rising gas prices; Incredible rightwing hypocrisy on pain at the pump; Newt's hypocrisy on algae biofuels (Thanks, videotape from 2008!); PLUS: Abandoning Kiribati: the world's first climate change refugees ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): James Hansen: Why I must speak out about climate change (video); Iceland to turn CO2 into rock; Euro Car of the Year: Chevy Volt; Iowa outlaws undercover journalism; US pollution also Made in China; Spiders invading flood-stricken Australia; Alien species invading Antarctica; Carbon emissions threaten world's oceans ... PLUS: What if the Fukushima nuclear fallout crisis had happened in the US? ... and much, MUCH more! ...
BRADCAST! Brad on KPFK: Marcy Wheeler on Holder/Obama Terror, Assassination PoliciesBRADBLOG UPDATE: 94% TO 4%?
REALLY? Are Marcy Kaptur's Saddam Hussein-like numbers against Dennis Kucinich last Tuesday in one of Ohio's largest counties even plausible?...
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Podcast 399 Jazz Musician and Outspoken Israeli Gilad Atzmon on AIPAC, Israel and Possible Attack on Iran Gilad Atzmon is a talented jazzman who joins us to talk about his new book The Wandering Who? and offers candid commentary on Zionism, Israel, the US and much more.
• PBC Podcast 402 PBC Reports on Chicago’s Maximum Mayor, Rahm Emmanuel; Roy Zimmerman Serenades Us With Great New Political Songs! Former congressman and Obama chief of staff Emmanuel is now mayor of Chicago with expanded police power and PBC found people there are reluctant to talk about him; zany Roy Zimmerman performs new political songs!
• PBC Podcast 406 Boiling Frogs: Cindy Cohn of Electronic Frontier Foundation Details the American Surveillance State Cindy Cohn, legal director at EFF, describes the Bush-Obama surveillance programs in this Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! March 9, 2012
• Political consultant Krystal Ball will join us to talk about Rush Limbaugh’s advertiser exodus.
• Nation correspondent Ben Adler will tell us why the GOP is trying to paint Obama as anti-Israel.
• Author Chauncey DeVega will tell us about how racism is running rampant in the federal judiciary.
• And Bobby will tell us about the dirty energy industry money that is fueling Republican Senator James Inhofe’s climate change denial.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Republicans Want to Repeal the Beatitudes So far in the Republican primary season, we’ve seen Newt Gingrich call Obama the food stamp president, Rick Perry called Social Security a Ponzi scheme, and all sorts of other racially-based attacks on the 99% of Americans who aren’t wealthy enough to be Republicans. But these attacks have one thing in common – they all come back to the Republican efforts to destroy welfare, Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. They’re hiding these efforts in their racially charged rhetoric in an attempt to paint these programs as catering to lazy minorities who refuse to work as long as the government is giving them free handouts. Mike Papantonio talks about this with investigative journalist Daniel Denvir.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Why Republican Voters Hate Their Candidates Opinion polls and voter turnout numbers are telling us that Republicans are very unhappy with their nominees for president. But, thanks to the Citizens United Supreme Court decision, voters are now at the mercy of corporations with unlimited cash – And it’s corporate America that handpicked the pathetic crop of GOP presidential hopefuls. And it’s clear from the apathy coming out of the Republican Party that these mega corporations might not see a return on their investment. Mike Papantonio talks about how the wealthiest 1 percent loaded the ticket with presidential nominees that voters hate with Alternet senior editor Josh Holland.
• Support Those Who Support Progressive Media! 2011 has certainly been a great year for Ring of Fire, and we’ve had some great sponsors that have helped support the show throughout the year. We wanted to take the time to personally thank each and every one of them, and we encourage all of our listeners to take the time to support those who have support us.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• 3/5 Seth Freed Wessler on NYPD Spying
• 3/6 Digby, Misogyny U.S.A.
• 3/7 Ryan Grim, Super Tuesday & Ed Pilkington, Corrupt Murdoch Empire
• 3/8 Glenn Greenwald, Assassination of Citizens also at Glenn Greenwald on Targeted Killing of U.S. Citizens [03•08•12]
• Casual Friday! Cliff Schecter & Tom Scharpling
• Cliff Schecter and Sam Seder on Ohio’s Role in the Election Cycle, Governor Kasich & the Obama Administration’s Defense of Assassination Policy [03•09•12]
• Playboy Model Sydney Moon Speaks Out! [03•09•12]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• ETF: WAR – The Angry Arab reporting on some explosive Aljazeera propaganda footage? by stacyherbert - Apparently there is some footage that was leaked by someone from inside Aljazeera; and according to the Angry Arab, this footage is now being shown in Syria and shows “staging of events of calling a civilian an “officer” in the Syrian army, of faking injuries and feeding statements to people before airtime, etc.” HERE and HERE. It’s hard to know as, of course, if this is true, no Western media, certainly not the Guardian or the New York Times which are most agitating for war, would ever cover this; so you turn to the bloggers. I recommend the Angry Arab blog as he is VERY against all the dictators and monarchs of the Middle East but is just as against propaganda, misinformation and disinformation. So anyway, he’s a useful resource when trying to figure out who the Syrian National Council and the alleged Free Syrian Army are, for example. As Max proposed below, there should be an etf called WAR. And much of the media coverage should be viewed as the shiny prospectus trying to sell you on this new shiny war sure to bail us out on our losses on the last war.
• This should be an ETF: WAR by maxkeiser READ Ten Companies Profiting Most from War (247wallst.com)
• Wall St. Stab and Steal Friday: Morgan Stanley’s Jennings Pleads Not Guilty in Taxi Stabbing / MF Global Holdings Executives to Get Bonuses If Court Approves by maxkeiser READ Morgan Stanley’s Jennings Pleads Not Guilty in Taxi Stabbing (bloomberg) & MF Global Holdings Executives to Get Bonuses If Court Approves (bloomberg)
•Rick Falkvinge is a big hit at #tedxobserver: watch this interview I did with him last month in Stockholm by maxkeiser
• KEISER REPORT [KR256] Keiser Report: Copyright Dictatorship & Jack-Booted Accountants We discuss pirating Repo Man and jack-booted accountants here to help you. In the second half of the show, Max talks to J.S. Kim of SmartKnowledgeU.com about silver, gold and market manipulation.
• KEISER REPORT [KR258] Keiser Report – Cosa Wallstra: JP Morgan Opens Its Kimono For Magic Circle We discuss financial hermaphrodites opening their kimonos and JP Morgan swaps occupying Cassino, Italy. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Satyajit Das, author of Extreme Money, about potemkin villages of credit derivatives and five-year plans for the world economy.
• KEISER REPORT [KR259] Keiser Report: Sharkboy & Lava Girl We discuss boating accidents with Sharkboy and Lava Girl and a futures market to lay off your Blythe Masters risk. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Dr. Michael Hudson about Modern Monetary Theory at the University …
• KEISER REPORT [KR260] Keiser Report: Hackers & Pirates – true GDP boosters We discuss hackers and pirates as true GDP boosters and independent artists being censored by the financial industry. In the second half of the show, Max talks to independent journalist Teri Buhl about a crowd-funded investigation, “Swinging in New Canaan” …
• ON THE EDGE [OTE148] On the Edge with Steve Keen Posted on March 10, 2012 by stacyherbert | A conversation with Professor Steve Keen about housing bubbles, debt bubbles and Central Bank bubble blowers. We also talk about Hyman Minsky and modelling chaos.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-353] The Truth About Max Keiser’s Self-Immolation Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• The Other Scott Horton February 28, 2012: The Other Scott Horton (no relation), international human rights lawyer and contributing editor at Harper’s magazine, discusses Attorney General Eric Holder’s unpersuasive speech defending extrajudicial assassination; the new (government-friendly) definitions of “due process,” “imminent threat,” and “battlefield;” the minimal US effort in arresting and trying terrorism suspects living abroad; the geographical limitations of drone strikes (because collateral damage of Europeans is unthinkable, whereas civilians in Yemen and Pakistan don’t matter); and whether Obama should be tried for the murder of Anwar al-Awlaki’s sixteen year old son. The other Scott Horton is a Contributing Editor for Harper’s magazine where he writes the No Comment blog.
• General Robert G. Gard, Jr. March 08, 2012: Lt. General Robert G. Gard, Jr., Chairman of the Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation, discusses his endorsement of a full page ad in the Washington Post titled “Mr. President: Say No to War of Choice with Iran;” why the US should use sanctions to pressure Iran to adopt the Additional Protocol, allowing the IAEA to conduct more intrusive inspections; how the Obama administration earned the goodwill of Russia, China and Europe by reaching out to Iran diplomatically; and why war isn’t necessary even if Iran builds a nuclear weapon.
• Eric Phillips March 10, 2012: Eric Phillips, writer and graduate student in economic history, discusses his article “Military Spending and Bastiat’s ‘Unseen;’” the opportunity costs (in terms of dollars and innovation) when money is taken from the private sector and spent on national defense; why frightened Americans support enormous military budgets far in excess of what’s needed for defensive purposes; Obama’s defense “cuts” that are just reducing the rate of increase; and the high unemployment rate for young veterans, despite election year jobs programs targeted specifically for them.
• Gareth Porter March 10, 2012: Gareth Porter, investigative historian and journalist specializing in U.S. national security policy, discusses President Obama’s speech and the AIPAC convention’s creepy atmosphere; how Benjamin Netanyahu’s leverage on Obama increases as the presidential election nears; why the AIPAC-championed sanctions on Iran’s oil exports could be part of a plan to increase gas prices and influence the 2012 election; and why Israel risks being blanketed with rockets and missiles from neighboring countries if it initiates war with Iran.
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Presidential Candidate Gnewt Gingrich
• Senator John "Bomb Iran" McCain (R-AZ).
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml