Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
MIXED BAG We have quite a few stories this week and they're all over the place! At the Guardian.co.uk Murtaza Hussain explains The special dread of terrorism for Muslims in the west I was born in Pakistan but have been fortunate enough to have had a happy life growing up in Toronto, Canada – a place where I have always felt at home and for which I have more attachment than any other in the world. In my mind, the mere idea of a terrorist attack ever occurring here provokes feelings of anger and sadness: it is painful to imagine something bad happening to a place you care about. I imagine Americans feel exactly the same way about their country. ....... It is a curious experience to feel that the benign normality of your life is constantly held hostage to forces outside your ability to control. That effort of cultivating a positive image – building relationships, respecting the law, living honestly, giving charity, contributing to civil society – could potentially be degraded or wiped out by forces far beyond your scope of influence as an individual. ....... Regardless of the actions of individual Muslims – the overwhelming majority of whom experience events such as terrorist attacks with just as much disbelief, trauma and helplessness as their co-citizens – they are nevertheless viewed as being somehow associated with them, simply due to their ethnic or religious background. In the aftermath of the Boston bombings, the unanimous feeling among my many Muslim friends, family and acquaintances was one of overwhelming fear and dread that the perpetrator might also be someone who professes to share our religious identity.The idea that people may think about you differently due to factors outside your ability to influence, or even fully comprehend, is profoundly unsettling. This is an anxiety far more pervasive than the fear of violence or abuse. It is a wrenching experience to feel alienated from your own home or to feel that such alienation could one day be visited upon you and upend the life you have carefully built for yourself and for your loved ones. For many Muslim citizens of western countries – especially among the young – where they live today is the only home they have ever known and the only place they have ever thoroughly understood or felt affection for. The anxiety that despite respecting society's rules, the welcome mat may still one day be pulled out from under you is very real and common. Given the statements of some politicians and popular media figures, these concerns do not seem such a stretch. ..... Along those lines see BOSTON TRUTH: The “Chechen Connection”, Al Qaeda and the Boston Marathon Bombings by Prof Michel Chossudovsky and In the Wake of the Boston Bombings: America’s War on Islam 2.0 by Stephen Lendman, both at GlobalResearch.ca. Next ZeroHedge.com has this Guest Post by submitted by Charles Hugh-Smith of OfTwoMinds blog How Empires Fall and TomDispatch has this related essay Tomgram: Engelhardt, Field of Nightmares both long good reads.
Malloy chatter Bukko Canukko remarks "History will judge" is Bush code for "You'll never get me".
At ConsortiumNews.com Robert Parry is Second-Guessing George W. Bush The strategy at George W. Bush’s presidential library for fending off criticism of Bush’s controversial – indeed criminal – decisions is to put a visitor on the defensive with the question: “Well, what would you have done?” The idea is to get the average person to sympathize with the 43rd president’s predicament and thus judge him more leniently. The New York Times reported that “the hypothetical exercise, which includes touch screens that let users watch videos of ‘advisers’ before voting on whether they would make the same choices that Mr. Bush did, revisits the most consequential moments of his administration.” So, let me take a crack at what I would have done if I were in Bush’s shoes – or what I think he should have done. ......... Sixth, under no circumstance would I have drummed up a fake case for invading Iraq. Not only was Iraq innocent of 9/11 and unconnected with al-Qaeda, but an unprovoked invasion of a country is a violation of international law. At the Nuremberg Tribunal after World War II, U.S. prosecutors proclaimed aggressive war “the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.” I would not have mocked international law, but rather embraced it as the most effective way to build real peace and cooperation in the world, including addressing the existential threat of global warming. Much more! Also at ConsortiumNews.com Paul R. Pillar reviews Bush’s Bloody Legacy in Iraq Even as George W. Bush is honored at his new presidential library, the painful consequences of his disastrous eight years in office continue to be felt, both at home with high unemployment and overseas with unresolved wars, including a troubling spike in sectarian violence in Iraq, as ex-CIA analyst Paul R. Pillar notes. ..... There are still two grounds for optimism that Iraq will not fall over the brink into a round of fighting anything like the earlier round. One is that unlike during Iraq’s earlier political history that the U.S. invasion and subsequent fighting disrupted, and also unlike present-day Syria, the majority religious sect in the country is also the dominant sect in the regime. This is not a situation of a subjugated majority trying to get its day of dominance. A minority that sees itself as repressed can still cause quite a ruckus, but maybe there is less potential for full-blown civil war than when there is a clear disjunction between demographic patterns and patterns of political power. The other possible reason for optimism concerns the extensive ethnic and sectarian cleansing that occurred in the earlier round of fighting. With the confessional communities now being more thoroughly sorted out and separated than before, there is less of the street-by-street hostile interface that feeds civil war at the retail level. Even if Iraq does not go over the brink, its teetering on the brink needs to be included in any comprehensive balance sheet on the Iraq War. Rather like the heavy cost of caring for wounded American veterans, the sectarian violence and instability in Iraq is an open-ended cost that keeps adding up as the years go by. The purpose of noting this should not be just to refight old policy wars over the Iraq War. It should be to try to learn a lesson applicable to other situations. Syria is the most obvious relevant current situation, but there are sure to be others in the future..... NEXT The Rude Pundit outlines A More Realistic Bush Museum: ...... - The first space is the "How-the-Fuck-Did-This-Guy-Become-President" Room, and it deals with Bush's early years. Exhibits include the megaphone Bush used as a school cheerleader, a pile of cocaine and bottle and bottles of tequila, and, of course, a wrecked car or two. You'll learn about how Bush succeeded in destroying nearly every business he ever came near, except for the Texas Rangers, which didn't require him to play an active role. You'll gaze in wonder, perhaps nodding and thinking, "How the fuck did this guy become president? Sure, maybe governor of Texas because, well, fuck, it's Texas. But the whole goddamn country? Twice?" Then you see the final glass case: stacks of cash from the Bush family's overseas accounts. ...... - The heart of the Abattoir of History is the Chamber of Horrors. Here, wax figures represent the various victims of George W. Bush's belief in the greatness of the United States. You get to stand in front of a bed that contains a brain-dead Terri Schiavo. Oh, wait. That's not a wax figure. It actually is Terri Schiavo, secretly kept alive by machines to remind us that only God can decide who lives and dies. Further in the Chamber of Horrors, you'll see the Lab of Scientists, a diorama showing people who have studied subjects like medicine and climate attempting to solve the problems that plague humanity. Never fear: Dr. Stem Cell and Professor Inconvenient Truth won't get far attempting to kill snowflake babies in order to fill the ozone layer or whatever it is they're doing. George W. Bush will stop them from their "reality-based" work..... More!
Of course there was a protest! IndictBushNow.org a project initiated by ImpeachBush posts Federal Judge tells Dallas police: You can’t ban signs and banners at anti-Bush demonstration - April 25 demonstration gains momentum Demonstrators carrying the message “Indict Bush Now” are arriving in Dallas, Texas, to stage an important demonstration coinciding with the opening of George W. Bush library. Police in Dallas were threatening to arrest anyone who brought a sign or banner to the area where the main demonstration is being staged on Thursday, April 25. But a federal judge ruled yesterday on behalf of a lawsuit brought by the demonstrators. He agreed that the ban on signs and banners was unconstitutional. ...... The international and national media will all be in Dallas and it is critical that the people of the world see the American people in the streets demanding that Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld be held accountable for the crimes that they committed in our name. We Can’t Let Bush Re-write the History of His Crimes. Bush and his little army of apologists in the corporate media are using the library opening as a vehicle to rehabilitate Bush’s name and whitewash his crimes. He announced that “he feels comfortable” about his invasion of Iraq. As we said in our press statement:
“Of course, he feels comfortable. He has raised $500 million for his presidential library and for the so-called George W. Bush Institute which is designed to make an iconic figure out of this criminal.
“More than a million Iraqis died and Bush feels comfortable. Five million Iraqis became refugees and Bush feels comfortable. Tens of thousands of young soldiers and marines are suffering life-changing physical and psychological wounds and another 5,000 lost their lives – and Bush feels comfortable.”
Go to TheNewCivilRightsMovement.com for some really good stories like Michelle Rhee’s Education ‘Reformer Of The Year’ Is ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill Author, Congressman Lambasts Reps Who Chose To Fund FAA Instead Of Feeding Hungry Children and GOP State Lawmaker: Boston Bombing ‘Black Ops Terrorist Attack By Our Own Government’. Also visit Green Shadow Cabinet of the United States The Green Shadow Cabinet includes nearly 100 prominent scientists, community and labor leaders, physicians, cultural workers, veterans, and more, and provides an ongoing opposition and alternative voice to the dysfunctional government in Washington D.C.. As with shadow cabinets in other countries, the Green Shadow Cabinet of the United States responds to actions of the government in office and demonstrates that another government is possible. This cabinet is led by the 2012 Green Party presidential nominees of Dr. Jill Stein and Ms. Cheri Honkala and supports independent politics and policies. However, it is not a project of any political party.
Over at Crooks and Liars karoli explains how Eden Foods CEO May Have Tanked His Own Anti-Obamacare Case If there's one thing I can't stand, it's companies that claim to be "socially responsible" while they shove a knife into the backs of women across the nation. Eden Foods qualifies. It pretends it's a crunchy company, full of organic goodness and "social responsibility" but really, it's run by a libertarian who just doesn't like government regulations very much. Michael Potter, Eden Foods' CEO, didn't care for the birth control mandate in Obamacare, so he paired up with the Thomas More Center, a conservative legal services non-profit, in order to weasel out of it on religious grounds. Check out the image at the top. That small print up in the right hand corner says "Organic, Independently Owned, Socially responsible, And UNDER ATTACK. As if slapping the term "organic" on your packaging somehow makes your product magically attractive to liberals who object to eating pesticides with their green beans. At any rate, Mr. Pious Potter's religious sensibilities were so rocked by the meanness of the birth control mandate that he felt compelled to go to court, where he swore his faith would just be too harmed by having to include birth control as a benefit to employees under the Affordable Care Act. Uh huh. Sure. Salon interviewed Mr. Potter about his Catholicism and fervent religiosity, and they had quite a conversation. It began this way: “I’ve got more interest in good quality long underwear than I have in birth control pills,” the unfamiliar voice on the phone said to me. Oops, who was that masked man? It was Mr. Potter, calling the reporter to offer a comment to an earlier story about his quiet lawsuit. And then he went on... “Because I’m a man, number one and it’s really none of my business what women do,” Potter said. So, then, why bother suing? “Because I don’t care if the federal government is telling me to buy my employees Jack Daniel’s or birth control. What gives them the right to tell me that I have to do that? That’s my issue, that’s what I object to, and that’s the beginning and end of the story.” He added, “I’m not trying to get birth control out of Rite Aid or Wal-Mart, but don’t tell me I gotta pay for it.” Oh, I see now. It's not about being Catholic or having a religious objection. At least, it's not if you're talking to a publication that is read by a mostly-liberal readership who might actually be a large chunk of those who consume your product. No, what it's about is having to pay for birth control coverage. Never mind that it's cheaper than maternity coverage. Oh, he had an answer for that contradiction too: Potter replied, “One’s got a little more warmth and fuzziness to it than the other, for crying out loud.” ThinkProgress points out that he just let the cat out of the bag about his motive. He's a libertarian type who just doesn't think the government should tell him, the CEO, what health coverage to provide for his employees. If he wants to cover Viagra and not birth control, that's his damn right! Maybe, maybe not, but whatever it is, it's not religious, and so he may have just made a mess out of his lawsuit. ...... As for me, I won't be buying Eden Foods products unless and until Mr. Potter stands up and agrees that women should be entitled to fair health coverage just like men have had for eons.
Speaking of right-wing libertarians Andy Kroll of Mother Jones has this EXCLUSIVE: Read the Koch Brothers' Plans for Their Upcoming GOP Donor Retreat Mother Jones has obtained a copy of the billionaires' agenda for their next confab. Next week, hundreds of business executives and wealthy conservative donors will arrive in Palm Springs, California, at the behest of Charles Koch, the billionaire industrialist and older half of the Koch brothers duo. The occasion is the latest Koch donor retreat, dubbed the "billionaires caucus" by some, an exclusive, two-day confab with a speaker list that features governors, senators, and members of the House Republican leadership. It is the first Koch retreat since the 2012 elections. According to a previously unpublished preview of the April 28-29 gathering, the Kochs will unveil a new plan to recruit and train political candidates who will advance their free-market worldview. Another priority is improving the conservative movement's outreach to "growing demographics" such as Latinos, young people, and women. The preview, obtained by Mother Jones, was emailed to attendees in March by Kevin Gentry, a top Koch aide. (A Koch spokeswoman did not respond to requests for comment about Gentry's email.) Another big item on the Kochs' agenda is a long-awaited post-mortem on last year's elections. Charles Koch announced in December that he was pushing back the winter retreat from January to late April so that an internal review of his circle's election strategies could be completed. Despite raising hundreds of millions of dollars, the Kochs, their allies, and groups they bankrolled failed to defeat President Obama, retake control of the Senate, or increase the Republican majority in the House. In his email, Gentry promises a "rigorous post-election assessment" that "must be geared toward productive next steps." Much more!
Randy Lee Loftis Environmental Writer for the Dallas Morning News discovers West Fertilizer Co.’s environmental compliance problems go back decades West Fertilizer Co.’s problems complying with Texas environmental rules go back decades, state records show. In 1984, the company moved two large pressurized tanks of liquid anyhydrous ammonia, a potentially lethal poison, from a site in nearby Hill County to its current location in West without notifying state authorities. Seven years passed before Texas regulators took notice and told the company to fix its paperwork. The tanks had sat at their new location, near homes, schools and a nursing home, with little or no state oversight for all that time. The company’s regulatory history going back to 1976 comes to light as investigators seek the cause of last week’s fertilizer explosion that killed at least 14 people. For example, in 1987, the company — then known as West Chemical and Fertilizer Co. — was venting ammonia that built up in transfer pipes into the air despite explicit orders in its permit not to do so. The company apparently changed its practices. And in 2006, a West police officer called a company employee to tell him an ammonia tank valve was leaking. The employee confirmed the leak and “took the NH3 [ammonia] tank out to the country at his farm,” according to a handwritten note. “West Police followed him.” That employee, Cody Dragoo, was killed in last week’s explosion. Documents in the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality’s files were scanned and posted online by Justin Ripple of Banks Environmental Data, a consulting firm in Austin. Past and current owners and managers of the small company, founded in 1962, have declined to answer questions about its operations or the explosion. ...... To see the documents go to A regulatory compliance history of the West Fertilizer Plant in Texas And Willie Nelson to play benefit show for West, Texas, firefighters Country star Willie Nelson announced he will play a concert to benefit the West, Texas, Volunteer Fire Department after this week's fertilizer plant explosion. ..... "West is just a few miles from my hometown of Abbott," Nelson said in a statement. "I was born and raised here and it was my backyard growing up. This is my community. These friends and neighbors have always been and are still a part of my life. My heart is praying for the community that we call home." Nelson was scheduled to play a show April 28 at a club in Austin, the Times reported. All proceeds from the show will now go to the volunteer fire unit in West, he said. Nelson has also been posting updates on the disaster on his website -- www.willienelson.com -- as well as information on how to donate goods, money and blood for the victims.
Willie turns 80 on Tuesday!
At ThinkProgress Bryce Covert reports Fertilizer Industry Groups Have Been Lobbying Against Safety Regulations ..... The Sunlight Foundation has found that industry groups such as the Agricultural Retailers Association, which represents suppliers of fertilizers and pesticides, and the Fertilizer Institute have actively worked to weaken potential safety regulations:
- Since 1998, the specific issues that appear most frequently in [the Agricultural Retailers Association and Fertilizer Institute’s] lobbying disclosure reports are bills dealing with the safety and security of chemical facilities. During that period, the Agricultural Retailers Association has spent a cumulative $2.9 million on lobbying while the Fertilizer Institute has spent even more, some $14.4 million, according to data in Influence Explorer. In a lobbying disclosure on file with the Senate, the Agricultural Retailers Association clearly states its opposition to EPA regulation of fertilizer safety. The group listed, “Work with EPA to clarify their new Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act interpretation of fertilizer retailer to exclude facilities that blend fertilizer,” among its specific lobbying issues, adding that it “Oppose[d] EPA’s efforts to consider agricultural retailer who custom blend fertilizer as fertilizer manufacturers for the purposes of EPCRA.” [...]
Lastly we go to Bruce Enberg's Prairie2 News for the The Bad Aftertaste of Twinkies
...... The numbers weren't all that great before the crash; you see worker wages had risen steadily with productivity from the time Alexander Hamilton created our economic system back in 1790 until right up until 1980. Since then the money has all gone into the pockets of the extremely rich. If you adjusted income to productivity the median household income would be double what it is now, and the minimum wage would $22/hour. The problem is getting worse mostly because first tier union workers who make decent wages are retiring and being replaced with younger worker making third of the pay. Increasingly highly profitable companies are even locking out workers, a sort of reverse strike. They are doing this in order to take away benefits from these second tier union workers. With their pay in the low to mid teens they can't withstand the bullying of their employers for very long. The new Twinkies owner, a capital holdings company, has vowed to reopen the bakeries with only non-union workers. The corporate media continues to give the impression that it was a union strike that killed the Twinkies, but it was of course a repeating cycle of predatory capitalists that bought the company with borrowed money, looted the assets and pension funds. They would then bankrupt the company, taking still more in 're-organisation' fees and then the whole process was repeated several times until there was nothing left but the brand name. Workers had already given so many concessions that there was no point in continuing. This is how you take the world's dominant economy and reduce it to third world status, and nothing is even slowing them down. One might even say it's accelerating. Read this Guest Post at Jonathan Turley's website The Rise of “Debtors’ Prisons” in the US.
Common Cause President Bob Edgar Dies at 69 April 23, 2013 Common Cause is deeply saddened to announce that Bob Edgar, its president and CEO, died suddenly this morning at his home. Bob was 69. "We are deeply saddened and shaken today by the passing of Bob Edgar," said Common Cause Board Chair Robert Reich. "Bob will be remembered for his decency, kindness, compassion and humor. His deep commitment to social justice and strengthening our democracy is his greatest gift to Common Cause and the nation. Our hearts are with Bob’s family, his wife Merle, and sons Andrew, David and Rob, and their families."" Bob, who served Pennsylvania in Congress for 12 years and also led the National Council of Churches, became the president and CEO of Common Cause in May 2007. He oversaw the relaunching of at least seven state chapters, traveled tirelessly to meet with and recruit Common Cause supporters and raised the organization’s national profile and its critical mission to strengthen our democracy..... Please go to The Nation for Remembering Bob Edgar by John Nichols and Bill Moyers' A Eulogy for Bob Edgar at HuffPoAOL. Leave your message here: Remembering Bob Edgar 1943 - 2013 Common Cause grieves the loss of Bob Edgar, whose energy, intellect and boundless good humor revitalized our organization and returned it to the forefront of the democracy reform movement. We are determined to honor his memory and his legacy by continuing the work he pursued so passionately. We invite you to share your thoughts and memories of Bob and to join us in celebrating his life.
R. I. P. Robert William "Bob" Edgar
May 29, 1943 – April 23, 2013
- Glenn Greenwald Glenn Greenwald on Boston Marathon Arrest: Will We Deny Constitutional Rights in the Name of Fear?
- Father Michael Lapsley, director of the Institute for Healing of Memories Apartheid Regime Bomb Victim Father Michael Lapsley on Using Forgiveness to Heal From Tragedy
- Tim DeChristopher Earth Day Exclusive: Tim DeChristopher Speaks Out After 21 Months in Prison for Disrupting Oil Bid
- Monday’s bombing of the Boston Marathon Jeremy Scahill: The Secret Story Behind Obama’s Assassination of Two Americans in Yemen
- First-ever Senate public hearing on the U.S. secret drone program As Obama Shuns Hearing, Yemeni Says U.S. Drone War Terrifying Civilians, Empowering Militants
- Jeremy Scahill The World Is a Battlefield: Jeremy Scahill on "Dirty Wars" and Obama’s Expanding Drone Attacks
- Charles Kernaghan, director of the Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights & Kalpona Akter, executive director of the Bangladesh Center for Worker Solidarity Over 200 Killed in Bangladesh Factory Collapse After Workers Forced to Ignore Building’s Dangers AND Survivor of Bangladesh’s Tazreen Factory Fire Urges U.S. Retailers to Stop Blocking Worker Safety
- Farea Al-Muslimi, Yemeni youth activist and writerYemeni Activist Farea al-Muslimi Urges U.S. to Stop the Drone War on His Country
- Trevor Aaronson, author of "The Terror Factory: Inside the FBI’s Manufactured War on Terrorism" Did FBI Focus on Controversial Stings Distract from Pursuit of Tsarnaev Before Boston Attacks?
- Toni Rucker, Mareshia Rucker & Brandon Davis "Love Has No Color": Georgia High School Students Set to Hold First Integrated Prom
- Gordon Quinn, executive producer of "The Trials of Muhammad Ali" "The Trials of Muhammad Ali": Boxing Champ’s Refusal to Serve in Vietnam Was the Fight of His Life
»»» FEATURED SHOW Bob Edgar: A Tainted Democracy In Congress for 12 years, at the National Council of Churches and as the CEO of Common Cause, Bob Edgar, who died suddenly this week, worked to hold those in power accountable to the public. In the spring of 2011, he talked with Laura Flanders about democracy. more.....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NBA Playoffs on ABC SUNDAY First Round Coverage! Game 4 Knicks @ Celtics 1 pm et THEN Game 4 Heat @ Bucks 3:30 pm et
»»» NBA Playoffs on TNT SUNDAY Game 4 Spurs @ Lakerss 7 pm et THEN Game 4 Nuggets @ Warriors 9:30 pm et
»»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Blue Jays @ Yankees 1:05 pm et
»»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Hawks @ Tigers 8 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communi ties
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network Update 4/25/13: take a bus to the June 1 protest, listen to a new song for Bradley Jeff Paterson and Debra Sweet discuss the Bradley Manning trial, and Ryan Harvey has written a new song for Bradley to promote the mass demonstration on June 1. Finally, buses have been organized from Baltimore, NYC and Washington DC. RSVP today! AND Greg Palast for Vice Magazine Bradley Manning & The Deepwater Horizon Bradley Manning tried to save the eleven men who died, burnt alive, on the Deepwater Horizon. But Barack Obama and the New York Times made sure that wouldn't happen.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
The essential guide for watching government propaganda!
THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• House Intelligence Committee chair Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich.
• ranking member Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger, D-Md.
• committee member Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill.
• Bloomberg View columnist Jeffrey Goldberg
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, ABC News contributor and Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, ABC News political analyst and special correspondent Matthew Dowd, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, and Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Senators Chambliss, R-Ga., McCaskill, D-Mo., and Graham, R-S.C.
• CBS News' Bob Orr and John Miller with the latest on the investigation into the Boston bombings
• ROUNDTABLE: The Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan, Harvard University's David Gergen, plus CBS News' Norah O'Donnell, John Dickerson and Clarissa Ward
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Angel of Death - Serial killer nurse Charles Cullen confessed to as many as 40 murders, but some believe he killed many, many more patients over a 16-year career. The serial killer speaks to Steve Kroft in his first television interview. Graham Messick is the producer.
• Rosie's Run for the Roses - One of the hottest American jockeys, Rosie Napravnik, is the only female riding in the upcoming Kentucky Derby and one of only a handful of successful female jockeys in the sport's history. Bob Simon reports. Tom Anderson and Michelle St. John are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Sen. John McCain (R-AZ).
• Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair
• Rep. Peter King (R-NY), who serves on both the intelligence and homeland security committees in the House, and Minnesota Democratic Congressman Keith Ellison.
• ROUNDTABLE: Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-TX), GOP strategist Mike Murphy, NBC’s Chuck Todd, and former counselor to the president, once described as “the most influential woman ever to serve an American president, Karen Hughes.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Sen. Dan Coats (R-Intel Cmte)
• Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Intel Cmte).
• former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff
• former Undersecretary of State Nicholas Burns
• ROUNDTABLE: Reps. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL), Jason Chaffetz (R-UT), Bennie Thompson (D-MS) and Marsha Blackburn (R-TN)
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!! Pull up a chair and a cold one! Listen NOW HERE - Friday, April 26th, 2013! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - April 25, 2013 As the nation mourns the horrific West Fertilizer explosion in TX, the chemical industry pushes for more fertilizer plants and less regulation; Yet another fossil fuel explosion on the Gulf Coast; California now has more solar workers than actors; PLUS: East London's Chief Flusher is turning fat into electricity ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): New fossil fuel frontiers pose 'catastrophic' threat to global recovery; A master class on the state of clean-energy investment (video); State of the Air 2013: where does your city rank?; SF votes to divest from fossil fuels; Shale mining controversy under Great Barrier Reef; Fox News concocts conspiracy for the phrase 'climate change'; UN climate chief hopeful on climate treaty; US military faulted for 'burn pits' in Afghanistan... PLUS: VIDEO: Fox "News" concocts conspiracy for the phrase "Climate Change" ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! KPFK 'BradCast': Live Report from West, TX Blast Site RT America's Ramon Galindo joins us for a live update from the scene of that huge fertilizer plant explosion. Plus more buried stories from last week's News Week from Hell...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Exclusive: L.A. Registrar Says 'No' to Internet Voting, But... Good news and bad from Dean Logan, L.A.'s top election official, on plans for a new election system in the nation's largest voting jurisdiction...and possibly one near you...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Bi-Partisan Report Finds Bush Admin Torture After 9/11 'Sweeping report' finds policy had 'no justification', 'damaged US standing', 'increased danger to military personnel', produced no intel that couldn't have been gained other ways. But we'll let Jon Stewart tell you about it...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast April 23, 2013 Progressive Economist Prof. Gar Alperovitz Talks About the Need for Radical Change in Economic Order; Gary Chew on New Redford Film; Will Durst on Senate Cowards
• PBC Standard Podcast April 24, 2013 Rev. Billy Returns with Golden Toad Extinction Resurrection Tour
• PBC News & Comment April 24, 2013 PBC News & Comment: “Justice” Dept. Immunizes A T & T in New Net Surveillance CNET News report Justice Dept. has issued immunity letters to network operators for new suveillance program…it’s secret, of course…
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Author Michael Klare will tell us what could happen as climate change creates a severe shortage of global resources.
• Economist and author Richard Wolff will discuss the economic impacts of billionaires hiding their money offshore.
• Richard Eskow will tell us why raising the minimum wage will give our economy a much-needed shot in the arm.
• And author Les Leopold will talk to us about the growing income disparities between American CEOs and their employees.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
- The Obama administration has spent more time and resources going after whistleblowers than they have Wall Street criminals, and we’ll take a look at the administration’s War on Whistleblowers with attorneys Howard Nations and Dave TeSelle.
- The disastrous policy ideas of conservative author Ayn Rand in the American south, and we’ll find out from investigative journalist Rick Outzen how a handful of Republican governors are bringing Rand’s visions to life.
- The Keystone XL Pipeline will be a disaster for America’s environment and economy if approved, and Farron Cousins from DeSmogBlog and The Trial Lawyer Magazine will tell us how this disastrous plan was sold to the American public.
- Consumer advocate Chris Paulos will bring us the latest on how corporate whistleblowers are helping to prevent corporate fraud.
- And the GOP has a plan that they think will keep them in power for generations, even as they shift their ideologies further and further to the right – attorney and legal scholar Niall McCarthy will bring you the details.
- The Obama administration has spent more time and resources going after whistleblowers than they have Wall Street criminals, and we’ll take a look at the administration’s War on Whistleblowers with attorneys Howard Nations and Dave TeSelle.
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 4/22/13 Boston Shutdown & The Texas Explosion
• TUESDAY 4/23/13 Robert Greenwald: Exposing The War On Whistleblowers
• WEDNESDAY 4/24/13 Jeremy Scahill: Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield
• FRIDAY 4/26/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Isabel Gillies
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here! • In Miami, 45 percent of the children are living in poverty. In Cleveland, more than 50 percent of the children are living in poverty. 60 percent of all children in the city of Detroit are living in poverty. by maxkeiser - READ America The Fallen: 24 Signs That Our Once Proud Cities Are Turning Into Poverty-Stricken Hellholes (zerohedge.com) • 1981 Article: 7,000 Tons of Gold Bullion Removed from Fort Knox From 1973-74! by The Doc - SD has discovered the manuscript of a 1981 article by The Globe which reported that 7,000 tons of gold bullion were removed from Fort Knox from $1973-74, and the only bullion that remained was from melted down gold coins & was of such poor quality (at least 10% copper) that it would not be accepted on the open market by any nation. “300 truckloads of bullion were simply driven away.” Click here for Full 1981 report by The Globe on gold bullion removed from Fort Knox. • Gold down $100?; Gold Now Trading at Most Oversold Levels on Record by stacyherbert - Stacy Summary: Gold has been slaughtered today; or, perhaps more accurately, many leveraged paper gold holders were slaughtered in the forced selling to meet margin calls. Marc Faber is LOVING it. And USD index hardly budged. Update: Now the Dow is getting hit, not as much percentage terms, but could fit Faber’s suggestion that commodities and bonds are signalling major deflationary event. UPDATE: READ CME JUST HIKED MARGIN REQUIREMENTS (cmegroup.com) • Martin Armstrong: Failure to Understand the Commodity Market by stacyherbert - Stacy Summary: Many complain of manipulation of precious metals markets, here is Martin Armstrong with his response. Personally, I think what manipulation there is has nothing to do with suppressing long term prices but everything to do with managing perception. The purpose of the psyops is to sow seeds of doubt that gold is a safe haven or a store of value. The perception managers are attempting to convince the population to continue placing value, instead, in US Treasuries and the US dollar. We know treasury officials across the world meet regularly to openly discuss managing relative values of currencies, it is not a big conspiracy that they wish to do so. Anyway, your thoughts in the comments section! READ Martin Armstrong: Failure to Understand the Commodity Market • KEISER REPORT [KR435] Keiser Report: Psyops & Debt Diets We follow the ounces not the prices in the precious metals market and discuss the psyops of the gold war where sales of 1100 tons (45% of annual new supply) is sold into the market at once in order to alter behavior. They observe crowds stampeding in the East for more physical gold while in the West, people are put on a restricted debt diet controlled by their governments based on needs not wants. Finally, they discuss the conflicts of interest at the heart of CISPA and Max starts his own hashtag – #AmericaFatigue. In the second half of the show, they talk to Wolf Richter of Testosteronepit.com about gold smashes, wealth grabs and government and Wall Street corruption. • KEISER REPORT [KR346] Keiser Report: Stalinism of NYSE We discuss the season for CRASH as algos reading Twitter cause a hack crash in New York; ghost traders in the shadow banking system cause gold ‘slaughters’ in the precious metals markets and Joe Weisenthal seeks smoke signals from the Pope of Fraud, Ben Bernanke. In the second half of the show Max talks to Andrew Maguire about precious metals markets, manipulation and failures to deliver. • KEISER REPORT [KR437] Keiser Report: GDP Boosters We discuss accidental hysterectomies and unexpected heart transplants as GDP boosters, the activist campaign from the Artist Taxi Driver – #wheresdaddyspig – as protest against privatization of the National Health Service in Britain and hospitals in America flying comatose patients out of the country to avoid having to treat them. In the second half of the show Max talks to Mark Melin of UncorrelatedInvestments.com about the latest on the MF Global cover up and the damaged financial system it left behind. • ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Greg Hunter An interview with Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog. • THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1275] The Truth About Markets – 27 April 2013 Download show HERE (mp3) • Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 4/23/13 Pepe Escobar: Globetrotting Asia Times journalist Pepe Escobar discusses the numerous holes in the “official story” of the Boston Marathon bombing; longstanding US support for Chechnyan jihadist rebels; Obama’s meeting with the Emir of Qatar on Syria policy; why the Syrian rebels can’t take Damascus and institute regime change on their own; the non-existent Iran-Al Qaeda connection; and the petroleum pipeline projects that threaten US hegemony in the Middle East/South Asia.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV)
• Representative Michael McCaul (R-TX)
• Israeli Ambassador to the US, Michael Oren
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml