Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Snowed in Russia We begin with this STASI UPDATE: At TruthDig.com Robert Scheer explains The Good Germans in Government What a disgrace. The U.S. government, cheered on by much of the media, launches an international manhunt to capture a young American whose crime is that he dared challenge the excess of state power. Read the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and tell me that Edward Snowden is not a hero in the mold of those who founded this republic. Check out the Nuremberg war crime trials and ponder our current contempt for the importance of individual conscience as a civic obligation. Yes, Snowden has admitted that he violated the terms of his employment at Booz Allen Hamilton, which has the power to grant security clearances as well as profiting mightily from spying on the American taxpayers who pay to be spied on without ever being told that is where their tax dollars are going. Snowden violated the law in the same way that Daniel Ellsberg did when, as a RAND Corporation employee, he leaked the damning Pentagon Papers study of the Vietnam War that the taxpayers had paid for but were not allowed to read. In both instances, violating a government order was mandated by the principle that the United States trumpeted before the world in the Nuremberg war crime trials of German officers and officials. As Principle IV of what came to be known as the Nuremberg Code states: “The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him.” That is a heavy obligation, and the question we should be asking is not why do folks like Ellsberg, Snowden and Bradley Manning do the right thing, but rather why aren’t we bringing charges against the many others with access to such damning data of government malfeasance who remain silent? ........ Go read the rest of Scheer! More on this later.
WATCH THE BIG PICTURE on RT Thursday featuring Ring of Fire hosts Mike Papantonio & Bobby Kennedy, Jr.
- PAP: SCOTUS Gave Big Pharma the Right to Kill & Maim
- BOBBY: Robert Kennedy Jr. - What his Dad would say about gutting voting rights...
GAP Releases Statement on Snowden and NSA Last week, the Government Accountability Project (GAP) released a statement about the classified disclosures made by former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor Edward Snowden. GAP’s statement is required reading for those interested in how Snowden’s case fits into the larger context of federal whistleblowing. Read more at the GAP. Key points in report:
I. SNOWDEN IS A WHISTLEBLOWER.
II. SNOWDEN IS THE SUBJECT OF CLASSIC WHISTLEBLOWER RETALIATION.
III. THE ISSUE IS THE MESSAGE AND NOT THE MESSENGER.
IV. PERVASIVE SURVEILLANCE DOES NOT MEET THE STANDARD FOR CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.
V. THE PUBLIC HAS A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO KNOW.
VI. THERE IS A CLEAR HISTORY OF REPRISAL AGAINST NSA WHISTLEBLOWERS.
VII. WE ARE WITNESSING THE CRIMINALIZATION OF WHISTLEBLOWING.
VIII. IN THE SURVEILLANCE STATE, THE ENEMY IS THE WHISTLEBLOWER.
- 1. During that “Meet the Press” discussion yesterday of Greenwald publishing stories about Snowden’s disclosures, Gregory asked Greenwald, “Why shouldn’t you, Mr. Greenwald, be charged with a crime?” Beyond the odiousness of a supposed journalist like Gregory seeming to endorse criminal charges against journalists for the alleged crime of committing journalism, there’s an even more poignant question suggested by Mother Jones’ David Corn: Why hasn’t David Gregory asked reporters at the Washington Post, the Associated Press and Bloomberg News the same question, considering their publication of similar leaks? Is it because Greenwald is seen as representing a form of journalism too adversarial toward the government, while those establishment outlets are still held in Good Standing by Washington? ......
- 3. Later during the “Meet the Press’” discussion of Greenwald’s reporting, NBC’s Chuck Todd demanded to know, “How much was (Greenwald) involved in the plot? … What was his role — did he have a role beyond simply being a receiver of this information? And is he going to have to answer those questions?” Why did Todd not ask that same question of reporters at the Washington Post, the Associated Press and Bloomberg News? Again, is it because Greenwald is seen as representing a form of journalism too adversarial toward the government, while those establishment outlets are still held in Good Standing by Washington? .....
- Guardian columnist Glenn Greenwald Where is Edward Snowden? Glenn Greenwald on Asylum Request, Espionage Charge; More Leaks to Come
- Michael Ratner, president emeritus of the Center for Constitutional Rights and a lawyer to Julian Assange and WikiLeaks. WikiLeaks Attorney Praises Ecuador for Considering Snowden Asylum Request Despite U.S. Pressure
- Damon Hewitt, director of the Education Practice Group at the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund In Affirmative Action Ruling, Supreme Court Upholds Importance of Diversity in College Admissions
- Jonathan Landay, senior national security and intelligence reporter for McClatchy Newspapers Insider Threat: Government Employees Urged to Tattle On Coworkers in Effort to Stop Classified Leaks
- Eve Ensler & Christine Schuler Deschryver Eve Ensler on New Memoir & Confronting Gender Violence with Congolese Activist Christine Deschryver
- Rev. Jesse Jackson & The Nation's Ari Berman Supreme Court Guts Voting Rights Act, Sparking Fears of Rollback for Minorities Long After Jim Crow
- Andrea Grimes, freelance journalist & Brandi Grissom, managing editor of The Texas Tribune Texas Showdown: Anti-Abortion Bill Fails After Protesters Fill Capitol to Cheer Marathon Filibuster
- Tyson Slocum, director of Public Citizen’s Energy and Climate Program & Dan Lashof, director of the Climate and Clean Air Program at the National Resources Defense Council Obama’s Climate Plan: A Historic Turning Point or Too Reliant on Oil, Coal, Natural Gas?
- John Lewis, legal director of Marriage Equality USA & Stuart Gaffney, media director of Marriage Equality USA LGBT Movement Wins Defeat of DOMA & Prop 8, Fueling Momentum for Next Steps in Fight for Equality
- Yoruba Richen, filmmaker The New Black: Documentary Film Explores Divisions in African-American Community over LGBT Rights
- Cecile Richards, president of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund The People’s Filibuster: Texas Governor Revives Anti-Abortion Bill Defeated by Protesters, Lawmakers
- Danielle Cadet, editor of Huffington Post Black Voices At Zimmerman Murder Trial, Defense Tries to Discredit Friend Who Heard Trayvon Martin’s Final Pleas
- Lorella Praeli, United We DREAM Coalition & Fernando Garcia, Border Network for Human Rights Senate Bill Creates Path for Undocumented Immigrants, But at Cost of Radically Militarized Border
- Horace Campbell, professor of African American studies and political science at Syracuse University Horace Campbell: Obama Takes "Imperial Tour" of Africa as World Honors Ailing Mandela
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW After One Billion Rising, Eve Ensler Announces Even Bigger Plans for V-Day 2014 Next year’s rally will be called One Billion Rising for Justice. The campaign, which is being announced for the first time today, will focus on seeking -- and defining - justice for those who’ve suffered abuse. more.....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on TNT Diamondbacks @ Braves 1:35 pm et Sprint Cup Series at Kentucky Speedway *Rescheduled to run on 06/30/2013 12:00 PM ET »»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Diamondbacks @ Braves 1:35 pm et »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Yanlees @ Orioles 8 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Giants @ Reds 7 pm et »»» WEDNESDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Diamondbacks @ Mets 7 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network Update 6/26/13: Fourth week of trial reveals the story of the unprotected diplomatic cables! The lack of protection of the State Department's diplomatic cables; What are the limitations that are undermining our democracy; Over 50 supporters fill the courtroom and the overflow trailer; And Ben Cohen from Ben and Jerry's calls Manning a "courageous patriot." ....... AND Greg Palast for Vice Magazine Bradley Manning & The Deepwater Horizon Bradley Manning tried to save the eleven men who died, burnt alive, on the Deepwater Horizon. But Barack Obama and the New York Times made sure that wouldn't happen.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,245 US Military Dead as of June 28, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Exclusive: WikiLeaks founder and international man of mystery Julian Assange
• Human Rights Campaign President Chad Griffin
• National Organization for Marriage President Brian Brown
• Texas State Sen. Wendy Davis
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News Political Analyst and Special Correspondent Matthew Dowd; ABC News Anchor and Chief Foreign Correspondent Terry Moran, who covers the Supreme Court for ABC News; Rep. Donna F. Edwards, D-Md.; and Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• former solicitor general Ted Olson
• former NSA director Gen. Michael Hayden
• Texas State Sen. Wendy Davis
• Weekly panel
- 60 Minutes (CBS) Summer Reruns
• Sheryl Sandberg - Facebook's COO Sheryl Sandberg talks to Norah O'Donnell about the feminist movement that she says has stalled, her ascent to the highest realms of corporate America and her mission at the social media giant. Tanya Simon and Deirdre Naphin are the producers
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Exclusive! House Democratic Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
• Congressman Tim Huelskamp (R-KS)
• Texas State Senator Wendy Davis
• ROUNDTABLE: MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow; chairman of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, Ralph Reed; author and professor at Georgetown University, Michael Eric Dyson; President of the Heritage Foundation, Fmr. Sen. Jim DeMint; and NBC’s Pete Williams.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• David Boies, co-counsel in the Supreme Court case against Proposition 8
• John Eastman, Chairman of the National Organization for Marriage
• House Judiciary Committee Chair Bob Goodlatte (R-VA)
• Chairman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus’ Immigration Task Force Luis Gutierrez (D-IL).
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times Magazine Chief Political Correspondent Matt Bai:, The Root Contributing Editor Corey Dade; Fmr. Sen. George Allen (R-VA) and democratic strategist Hilary Rosen.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!! Pull up a chair and a cold one! Listen NOW HERE - Monday, June 10tFriday, June 28, 2013 h, 2013 (mp3)! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - June 27, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Brace for impact: Record extreme heat on the way for U.S.; Australia's Prime Minister pays political price for carbon tax; Deadly chemical plant explosions brought to you by the chemical industry; Fracking studies say fracking causes water pollution; PLUS: MA's climate hawk Ed Markey heads to the U.S. Senate ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): BP challenges Gulf spill payouts; 20% of households generate 50% of carbon pollution; Conservative media fabricate numbers on future carbon standards; New VW gets 78mpg; Prof invents machine that eats CO2 out of the air; Maine's Republican governor vetoes climate change adaptation plan; Decoding Obama's cryptic Keystone XL comments; Your body wash microbeads polluting Great Lakes; Obama's climate action to boost jobs, economy; Marines push front lines of portable renewables ... PLUS: "Failure is not an option" on climate, says astronaut-turned-NASA Administrator ... and much, MUCH more!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! SCOTUS 'DEMOLISHES' VOTING RIGHTS ACT OF 1965 Activist U.S. Supreme Court overrides Congress, Constitution to gut key provision of nation's landmark, 48-year old, bi-partisan civil rights legislation...
• THE BRADCAST! KPFK 'BradCast': Another News Week from Hell SCOTUS rulings on VRA, Prop 8, DOMA; NBC 'Journalist' Gregory vs. journalist Greenwald; Issa's IRS 'scandal' collapses; Obama's climate speech; & too much more...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! Chris Hayes: Some Leaks Less Okay Than Others Leaks from Snowden reported by Greenwald? Treason! Leaks from the Pentagon reported by CNN? No problem!...And why it actually is...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Snowden Flies Beyond the Reach of U.S. Empire and the Surveillance State Hong Kong, Russia, and the rest of the world seem to be enjoying the last laugh, thanks to one single NSA whistleblower on the run...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment June 25, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Supreme Court Guts Voting Rights Act, Invites More Voter Suppression Activist, radical GOP-appointed justices hammer Voting Rights Act, opening floodgates for aggressive voter suppression actions for 2014…
• PBC News & Comment June 27, 2013 PBC News & Comment: CIA’s Anti-Leak Memo is Leaked The Summer of Leaks continues, CIA memo about leaks is leaked, Greenwald backgrounds NSA phone record and email dragnets…
• PBC News & Comment June 28, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Only 1% of Domestic Terrorism Cases Since 9/11 Are 100% Real Detailed in our in-depth interview with Trevor Aaronson, out of 500 cases since 9/11, only about 5 are “real” terrorists….
• PBC Standard Podcast June 26, 2013 The Real Story of John Philip Walker Lindh–”The American Taliban”–as Told by His Father, Frank Lindh
• PBC Standard Podcast June 28, 2013 Journalist Trevor Aaronson Exposes FBI’s Fabricated “Domestic Terrorism” Cases; Reporter Kevin Gozstola Recaps the Bradley Manning Court Martial Proceedings
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 7 pm Eastern.
• Author and nation magazine contributor Ari Berman will be here to tell us what the US Supreme Court’s decision this week means for The Voting Rights Act.
• Sister Helen Prejean will discuss the moral implications of the use of the death penalty, as well as the 20th anniversary of Dead Man Walking.
• Shayana Kadidal from the Center for Constitutional Rights will talk to us about the legal challenges to the NSA’s surveillance programs.
• And Tyson Slocum from Public Citizen will dissect the president’s climate action plan that he laid out this week.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
»» The military has been given the task of protecting Big Oil’s interests, and we’ll talk with Ring of Fire co-host Bobby Kennedy about why American taxpayers are having to pay to protect the oil industry’s products.
»» New stories are emerging about the criminal conduct of Bank of America, and investigative journalist David Dayen will tell us about the latest revelations about the company’s dirty tricks.
»» Attorney Howard Nations will be here to give us the inside scoop on Monsanto’s push to privatize the American food supply.
»» Farron Cousins from The Trial Lawyer Magazine will join us for a discussion on the disastrous US Supreme Court ruling on the Voting Rights Act.
»» And corporate America is stalling countless life-saving regulations from the government, putting American lives at risk. Attorney Tim O’Brien will bring us that story.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Pap and Seder: Government Fails to Control Bank Malfeasance (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder discuss an immensely important story that was barely focused upon in mainstream media, one which shows us how the government continues to turn a blind eye to the corrupt banking system.
• VIDEO! RFK, Jr.: SCOTUS Cuts Heart Out Of Voting Rights Act (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. appears on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann to discuss the Supreme Court’s gutting of The Voting Rights Act.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind June 29, 2013 featuring the top stories from Ring of Fire from the past week.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 6/24/13 Nikolas Kozloff: Why Ecuador Wants Snowden
• TUESDAY 6/25/13 Shayana Kadidal, CCR v. NSA Spying & SCOTUS guts Voting Rights
• WEDNESDAY 6/26/13 Rebecca Traister: Stand With Wendy & Ari Berman On VRA & DOMA
• THURSDAY6/27/13 Richard Kim: The Death of DOMA & The Fight For Full Equality
• FRIDAY 6/28/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• VIDEO! Falkvinge: American Empire stands naked by Snowden leaks but not ashamed by maxkeiser - SEE Snowden alone in calling out Empire as naked
• Listen . . . Update on Gold Smash and what to expect by maxkeiser - READ John Hathaway - Thursday, June 27, 2013 - John Hathaway: Senior Managing Director & Portfolio Manager, Tocqueville Funds – John Hathaway has four decades of market experience and is known internationally for his writings about the U.S…. (scientificamerican.com)
• Italy: They had a total of $31 billion of derivatives and now they are finding that at least $8 billion of that is worthless by maxkeiser - READ $300 Trillion In Derivatives Losses To Lead Gold’s Rebound (kingworldnews.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR462] Keiser Report: No Fairness, Let Us Cheat! We discuss the ‘taxation without representation’ of our day that is the Chinese demand for: “We want fairness. There is no fairness if you do NOT let us cheat.”. The demands for the right to cheat reminds Max of Thomas Jefferson who said, “The right to life, liberty and the pursuit of cheating.” In the second half, Max talks to Simon Rose of SaveOurSavers.co.uk about Mark Carney’s imminent arrival at the Bank of England, the idea that capitalists should hold protests demanding that capitalism be tried and the coming Bondpocalypse and the lying, cheating Anglo Irish bankers caught on tape.
• KEISER REPORT [KR463] Keiser Report: #AngloTapes & Banksters’ Trolololing We discuss the hashtag AngloTapes and the trolololing by the banksters at the heart of the Anglo Irish scam to get taxpayers to bail them out before the same taxpayer could understand how much was really needed. They also discuss ‘feral hogs’ and colonscopies for lulz banksters. In the second half, Max talks to journalist and author, Andrew McGettigan, about the attempts by the UK government to sell off its £40 billion student debt portfolio.
• KEISER REPORT [KR464] Keiser Report: Peek-a-boo Accounting We discuss the latest peek-a-boo accounting fashion trends looking great matched with a missold swap or wrapped in an accidental misplacement of segregated client funds. If your name is Jane Tacky Toe Polish, however, do not try the latest in financial fraud trends as you’ll be sent to prison for a long time. In the second half, Max talks to Francine McKenna of RETheAuditors.com about the Bernie Madoff of munis and the cooked bailout books at Anglo-Irish bank.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1283] The Truth About Markets – 29 June 2013 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 6/28/13 Fred Branfman: Fred Branfman, author of "Voices from the Plain of Jars: Life under an Air War", discusses why the US executive branch is the world’s most evil and lawless institution; the incredible explanation for escalated bombing in Laos during the Vietnam War; Robert McNamara’s admission that wars have very little to do with trying to help people; and why the next major terrorist attack in the US will bring on a full-fledged police state.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 6/28/13 Marcy Wheeler: Blogger Marcy Wheeler discusses The Guardian‘s NSA files and Glenn Greenwald’s thousands of still-unreleased documents from NSA whistleblower Eric Snowden; government surveillance at the packet, metadata and content levels; how Section 215 of the Patriot Act skirts existing privacy laws; and why this unprecedented information gathering will have very little impact on preventing terrorism.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Senator John McCain (R-AZ)
• Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY)
• Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL)
Congressman Trey Gowdy (R-SC)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml