Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
GRIDLOCK SPECIAL The teabaggers have successfully thrown every kind of wrench their corporate masters thought would stick. None of them will ever become law but they feel compelled to try, to "represent their constituency". What constituency voted these cromagnons in anyhow? More on this later. First Common Dreams Staff Writer Jon Queally reports on this item in The Hindu newspaper 'Global Heat Maps' Reveal India a Hot Target of NSA Spying Joining nations in Europe, the Middle East, and South America, new reporting on Monday shows that India—one of the world's most populous nations and despite being considered one of the United States' closest global allies—has been the target of intense digital surveillance by the US National Security Agency in recent years. Citing documents provided by whistleblower Edward Snowden, The Hindu newspaper reveals that India ranks fifth overall in terms of the intensity of NSA scrutiny, with files showing how the NSA employs two of its most potent signature intelligence (or SIGNIT) spy programs to collect billions of pieces of internet and telephonic data in the country on a monthly basis. The first, called 'Boundless Informant' is a data-mining system that tracks and processes huge volumes of collected digital and telephonic metadata, and the second, called PRISM, which intercepts and collects actual content from the networks. The NSA operates both programs within the United States and around the globe. ...... See part of The Hindu's article there with a link to the original article! NEXT at the Guardian's Media Blog Lisa O'Carroll has Seymour Hersh on Obama, NSA and the 'pathetic' American media Seymour Hersh has got some extreme ideas on how to fix journalism – close down the news bureaus of NBC and ABC, sack 90% of editors in publishing and get back to the fundamental job of journalists which, he says, is to be an outsider. ....... Don't even get him started on the New York Times which, he says, spends "so much more time carrying water for Obama than I ever thought they would" – or the death of Osama bin Laden. "Nothing's been done about that story, it's one big lie, not one word of it is true," he says of the dramatic US Navy Seals raid in 2011. Hersh is writing a book about national security and has devoted a chapter to the bin Laden killing. He says a recent report put out by an "independent" Pakistani commission about life in the Abottabad compound in which Bin Laden was holed up would not stand up to scrutiny. "The Pakistanis put out a report, don't get me going on it. Let's put it this way, it was done with considerable American input. It's a bullshit report," he says hinting of revelations to come in his book. ............ "It's pathetic, they are more than obsequious, they are afraid to pick on this guy [Obama]," he declares in an interview with the Guardian. "It used to be when you were in a situation when something very dramatic happened, the president and the minions around the president had control of the narrative, you would pretty much know they would do the best they could to tell the story straight. Now that doesn't happen any more. Now they take advantage of something like that and they work out how to re-elect the president." ................. "Duncan Campbell [the British investigative journalist who broke the Zircon cover-up story], James Bamford [US journalist] and Julian Assange and me and the New Yorker, we've all written the notion there's constant surveillance, but he [Snowden] produced a document and that changed the whole nature of the debate, it's real now," Hersh says. "Editors love documents. Chicken-shit editors who wouldn't touch stories like that, they love documents, so he changed the whole ball game," he adds, before qualifying his remarks. "But I don't know if it's going to mean anything in the long [run] because the polls I see in America – the president can still say to voters 'al-Qaida, al-Qaida' and the public will vote two to one for this kind of surveillance, which is so idiotic," he says. ......... "I have this sort of heuristic view that journalism, we possibly offer hope because the world is clearly run by total nincompoops more than ever … Not that journalism is always wonderful, it's not, but at least we offer some way out, some integrity." ...... Read all of this there's so much more! And see this headline at Salon Sy Hersh on Osama bin Laden raid: “Not one word of it is true” “Our job [as journalists] is to find out ourselves, our job is not just to say – ‘here’s a debate’ our job is to go beyond the debate and find out who’s right and who’s wrong about issues,” Hersh said. “That doesn’t happen enough. It costs money, it costs time, it jeopardizes, it raises risks. There are some people – the New York Times still has investigative journalists but they do much more of carrying water for the president than I ever thought they would … it’s like you don’t dare be an outsider any more.” Ya think, Sy? BTV Correspondent MADDY notes The Senate Is Busy Creating a Privileged 1st Amendment Club for 'Official' Journalists at AlterNet by Carey Shenkman The Senate is skirting the substantial investigative role served by independent journalists, bloggers, and nontraditional media. On September 12, 2013, the U.S. Senate Judiciary committee narrowly defined who the law should consider to be a journalist, by amending the proposed Free Flow of Information Act (“FFIA”). The FFIA is a “shield law” that protects journalists from having to reveal their confidential sources when confronted with court subpoenas. The amendment changed the language of the bill from protecting the activity of journalism to protecting the profession. Journalists are now limited to those employed by, recently employed by, or substantially contributing to media organizations for certain minimum durations. This maneuver skirts the substantial investigative role served by independent journalists, bloggers, and nontraditional media, who are left unprotected by the statute. It also expressly excludes whistleblower organizations. By not extending protection to a vital segment of investigative newsgatherers, the amended FFIA falls short of providing real benefits. More fundamentally, the distinctions created by the bill reinforce a privileged club for journalists. In essence, the government is licensing the press, and treading down a path that courts have for decades cautioned “present[s] practical and conceptual difficulties of a high order.”..........Indeed, the whole FFIA amendment is permeated by an undertone of institutional elitism and a rejection of new media. ........... Biases of lawmakers should not become law. Courts, since decades before the advent of the Internet, have avoided creating classes for journalists. It creates unsustainable logical contradictions and is ultimately bad for investigative reporting. In the words of Professor Linda Berger, “[N]o patriot printer or colonial pamphleteer had a journalism degree. Certification by a government agency or by a professional group carries the possibility of de-certification based on value judgments or viewpoints.” Legislation like FFIA teeters this country closer to a future where journalism bears the government's stamp of approval. THIS IS HUGE. BTV reported earlier this month in our Smashing Hard Drives posts Eric Boehm of Watchdog.org reported a few weeks ago so-called Dem Diane Feinstein wants to limit who can be a journalist The most recent congressional threat to the free press in the United States comes from California Democrat U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein. Go read BOTH of these! NOW! With the farm bill now coming up for debate and renewal Willie Nelson, fresh off the Farm Aid 2013 Concert last Saturday (VIDEOS!) pens this item at Common Dreams It's Time to Stand Up With Family Farmers ...... There are good folks in Congress who are fighting for a family farm food system that benefits family farmers and all Americans. But they're blocked by a majority that lets corporate power, partisan politics and big money get in the way of progress. Their votes have reinforced a dominant, chemical-dependent food system that is harmful to our environment, our health and local economies, while cutting billions from nutrition and food programs for people who need food. In recent years the Good Food Movement has forged ahead, including some progress made in the last farm bill. This movement has created more opportunities to support and promote family farm agriculture. But without meaningful action now on farm policy, those gains and more will be lost. Without better farm policies, family farmers will not have the chance to compete in a fair marketplace and earn a living. Conservation programs, so crucial in a changing climate, will be compromised. New and beginning farmers will lose access to the credit, resources and land they need to start their farm businesses. Programs for underserved farmers will disappear. Innovations happening right now on the farm to grow renewable energy will be lost. And industrial ag stands to win if efforts to reform wasteful farm subsidy programs are ignored. Today, as the minutes tick down to another farm bill deadline, people in towns and cities everywhere are taking matters into their own hands. They're standing up with family farmers and insisting on food that is best for them and their families. They're seeking out food from family farms at farmers markets, grocery stores and restaurants. They are organizing to change the food served in schools, hospitals and public institutions. They're making their voice heard and voting for family farm food every way they can. Our message is hard to miss. America needs family farmers. Congress, can you hear us? Apparently not enough, Willie. Reuters has this Analysis: U.S. farm bill, a year overdue, still rolling on slow track by Charles Abbott The new U.S. farm bill, already a year behind schedule, is on the congressional equivalent of a slow freight train - rolling from acrimony to limbo with a layover in stalemate. And Washington's disputes over the federal budget and national debt could mean further delays. A stopgap extension of current law runs out on Monday. Negotiators from the House of Representatives and the Senate may take up the bill in the next week or two. Traditionally, this group reconciles disagreements and brings a compromise bill to a final vote. But analysts say the standoffs on the budget and debt limit are likely to delay consideration of the farm bill, as well as make the bill a target for cuts when budget savings are needed. Given the deep divisions between the Republican-controlled House and the Senate, where Democrats are in the majority, negotiators may arrive at the table with irreconcilable ideas of what to put into a final version of the bill. In the end, Congress could fast-track an alternative - such as an extension of the current law for a second straight year - if the farm bill goes off the rails or never builds enough steam to move ahead. ....... The overarching issue: food stamps for the poor, accounting for three-fourths of outlays forecast for $500 billion over five years. The Senate voted to pare food stamp spending by $4.5 billion over a decade through closure of a loophole on utility costs. But the House, in a party-line vote, called for food stamp cuts of $40 billion through tighter eligibility rules that end benefits for 10 percent of recipients in 2014. ............. The 2008 farm law expired a year ago and was extended in December through September 30. Crop insurance and crop subsidies, as well as food stamps, will continue to operate when the 2008 law expires for the second time. Crop insurance and food stamps are permanently authorized. Crop subsidies run through the end of the marketing year for 2013 crops, which is well into 2014. "I don't think the farm economy will even know that it's gone on October 1," said Bob Young, chief economist with the American Farm Bureau Federation. Patrick Westhoff, director of the think tank Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute, said January 1, 2014, would be a natural deadline for action. That's when dairy prices could double under a 1949 "permanent" farm law that would kick in. The policy crunch would come when 2014 crops are ready for harvest if the "dairy cliff" - the jump in milk prices - doesn't force action. All the hub-bub on Capitol Hill is about shutting down the government by passing the Continuing Resolution (H.J.RES.59) with a poison pill de-funding the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). We go to Steve Benen at the MaddowBlog GOP ransom note has plenty of demands, not enough votes Yesterday's reports about House Republicans crafting a farcical debt-ceiling ransom note weren't just speculative. By mid-day, GOP leaders had put their proposal on paper and presented it to their rank-and-file members. It's as profoundly ridiculous as we'd been led to believe. Republicans get:
- Delayed Obamacare implementation
- Keystone XL Pipeline
- Tax reform commitment
- Medicare means testing
- Medical libility reform
- Pension reforms for federal employees
- Changes to Dodd-Frank
- Easing EPA rules
- Restrictions on regulations
- More oil drilling
- Killing the CFPB
- Scrapping Net Neutrality
- Guardian Editor Alan Rusbridger Spilling the NSA’s Secrets: Guardian Editor Alan Rusbridger on the Inside Story of Snowden Leaks
- Ricardo Patiño, Ecuador’s Foreign Minister Ecuador Takes on Chevron, Global Indifference in Controversial Fights to Protect Rainforest
- More Patiño Ecuadorean Foreign Minister on Latin American Resistance to NSA Spying & the Castro-Chávez Legacy
- Tzeporah Berman, a leading environmental activist & former co-director of Greenpeace International’s Climate Unit Corroding Our Democracy: Canada Silences Scientists, Targets Environmentalists in Tar Sands Push
- Narges Bajoghli, graduate student and documentary filmmaker at NYU Obama and Rouhani Welcome New Talks, Offering Hope to Iranians Suffering Under U.S.-Led Sanctions
- Jeremy Scahill Jeremy Scahill: Al-Shabab’s Nairobi Mall Rampage Tied to "Disastrous" U.S. Meddling in Somalia
- More Scahill The Empire President: Jeremy Scahill on Obama’s "Neo-Con" Doctrine of Military Force in U.N. Speech
- Kumi Naidoo, Executive Director of Greenpeace International Protest or Piracy? Greenpeace Activists Remain Jailed in Russia After Boarding Arctic Oil Rig
- Kumi Naidoo & Jeff Masters, director of meteorology at the Weather Underground As IPCC Warns of Climate Disaster, Will Scientific Consensus Spark Action on Global Warming?
- Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi Matt Taibbi on How Wall Street Hedge Funds Are Looting the Pension Funds of Public Workers
- Elisabeth Benjamin, Vice President of Health Care Initiatives at the Community Service Society of New York Decoding Obamacare: A Guide to New Healthcare Marketplaces Designed to Help 48 Million Uninsured
- Anabel Hernández, Mexican investigative reporter Narcoland: Journalist Braves Death Threats to Reveal Ties Between Mexican Government & Drug Cartels
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Jovani Gomez: Get Strong & Speak Out Jovani Gomez, former Walmart worker and OUR Walmart organizer, spoke with GRITtv about how the corporation undermines workers......more.....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Dover International Speedway! 2 pm et »»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Pirates @ Reds 1:10 pm et »»» TUESDAY BASEBALL on TBS Reds @ Pirates 8:07 pm et - One-game "playoff" to go to the NLDS »»» SUNDAY FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA on NBC Patriots @ Falcons 8:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! Campaign's October 2013 newsletter PDF available September 24, 2013. Download, view, print and share our October 2013 campaign newsletter! Includes Pvt. Manning's letter to President Obama, reactions to the 35 year sentence from observers and Manning's family, and next steps for our campaign AND Update 9/23/13: Greenwald on Snowden and Manning About half way through this extensive interview with Glenn Greenwald regarding his work with Edward Showden with Haaretz, the discussion turns to Pvt. Manning's contributions as a whistle-blower as well. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,272 US Military Dead as of Sept 20, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• former President Bill Clinton
• Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, and New York Times columnist and Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.
• Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill.
• wo key House members from the Budget Committee, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) and Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md.
• ROUNDTABLE: Wall Street Journal's Jerry Seib, Washington Post's David Ignatius, CBS News Foreign Correspondent Clarissa Ward, and CBS News Political Director John Dickerson.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Secretary of State - Scott Pelley interviews Secretary of State John Kerry at a critical time as he deals with chemical weapons in Syria, terrorism abroad and a potentially open relationship with a new president of Iran. Henry Schuster is the producer.
• Imminent Danger - Steve Kroft examines America's mental health system, which many believe is failing those with severe mental illnesses like schizophrenia, the brain disease the Washington Navy Yard shooter and many other mass murderers showed symptoms of. Coleman Cowan and Graham Messick are the producers.
• Killing Jesus - Bill O'Reilly talks about his latest effort to write another blockbuster book, "Killing Jesus," which he says was inspired by the Holy Spirit. Norah O'Donnell reports. Robert G. Anderson is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz
• ROUNDTABLE: Republican Congressman from Idaho Raul Labrador; former Republican Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman; former White House Press Secretary during the Clinton administration Dee Dee Myers; and author of the new book “Tip and The Gipper,” MSNBC’s Chris Matthews.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines.
• Rep. Cathy McMorris Rogers, one of Boehner’s top deputies,
• Republican Senator John Barrasso
• Former Vermont Governor and DNC Chief Howard Dean
• ROUNDTABLE: former White House Chief of Staff John Podesta, Former U.S. Congressman Artur Davis, Washington Post Columnist Ruth Marcus, and CNN Commentator Ben Ferguson.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• Front Porch Friday!! Bob wraps up the news of the week! Listen NOW HERE - Friday, September 27th, 2013 (mp3)! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - September 26, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Preview of the latest UN climate report; GOP prepares new hostage crisis on behalf of fossil fuel industry; PLUS: Facing the challenges and the opportunities of climate change ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): VIDEO: IPCC warns of climate disaster; Vive le carbon tax: France to tax fossil fuels; Physicist accuses Murdoch paper of lying; An illustrated bestiary of climate trolls; India to build world's largest solar plant; Chinese natural gas could 'wreak havoc' on markets; Bill Gates goes nuclear; Cost of renewable energy's variability is dwarfed by the savings; Idaho's phosphate problem; Latinos growing force in the fight for environmental issues ... PLUS: Good news! Around the world, mines, dams, and coal export terminals are losing ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - September 24, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: First-ever carbon pollution standards for new power plants; Colorado's flood disaster now an oil spill disaster; US coal plants 7th biggest polluter in the world (all by themselves!); Fracking industry study accidentally proves case for more regulation; PLUS: Al Gore says science denial should be socially unacceptable ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! EXCLUSIVE: Siegelman Brings 'The Hammer' Down AL's imprisoned former Dem governor issues blistering statement to The BRAD BLOG from prison on disgraced Republican Tom DeLay's acquittal and alleged $20m conspiracy with Rove, Abramoff, others, to defeat him...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Texas D.A. To Seek Review of DeLay's Partisan Acquittal Austin County prosecutor hopes to overturn questionable ruling that allowed Tom DeLay off the hook for money laundering, though former GOP Rep. may have little to worry about...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Brad: 'They Have Learned Next to Nothing' Brad intvw'd by OpEd News on SB 360, CA's new legislation to do away with federal and possibly even state testing for new e-voting systems in L.A. and beyond...
• BRADCAST! KPFK 'BradCast': The GOP's Don Siegelman Prosecution Joseph Siegelman, the son of the imprisoned former Alabama Democratic Governor joins Brad to discuss the case, Tom DeLay's acquittal and the prospects of Presidential pardon for his dad; Plus MUCH MORE...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Hosting Livestream Video Interview of Heidi Boghosian, October 2 6pm PDT Heidi Boghosian, author of Spying on Democracy and executive director of the National Lawyers Guild, will join me for a live video interview on Wednesday, October 2 at 6pm Pacific time. Full details, including a link to the livestream and how you can join the discussion are here.
• PBC News & Comment Sept 26, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Sweet Little Lies from Spooks at Senate NSA Hearing Proven liars Clapper and Alexander mix truthiness with fear as they dodge Senators’ unfriendly questions, hit softballs over the fence…
• PBC News & Comment Sept 27, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Breaking!! Seymour Hersh is Alive and Well, and He’s Pissed! Pulitzer-decorated master muckraker Sy Hersh resurfaces after 5-year silence and he’s got Obama’s number; NSA staffers spied on spouses, lovers….
• PBC Standard Podcast Sept 25, 2013 Journalist Robert Parry Comments on Obama’s Evidence-Free Case that Assad Used Chemical Weapons
• PBC Standard Podcast Sept 27, 2013Court Victory for Jason Leopold as Judge Orders Full Release of Gitmo Memo; Anti-NDAA Activist Dan Johnson is Making Progress; Durst Slams Ted Cruz
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Sept 27, 2013 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 7 pm Eastern.
• Economics professor William Black will tell us why the Obama administration continues to push discredited and dangerous economic policies.
• Author Michael Klare will be here to tell us why we haven’t seen a renewed push for renewable energy, even as our planet burns up.
• Peter Beinart from The Daily Beast will discuss the emerging generation of progressives, and why they will change the face of American politics.
• And investigative journalist David Dayen will tell us about the latest scams from the mortgage industry.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sept 28, 2013 Sundays at NOON!
»» Farron Cousins, executive editor of The Trial Lawyer Magazine and contributing writer at DeSmogBlog.com, will be filling in for Mike Papantonio this week.
»» Investigative journalist Brad Friedman will give us an update on the status of electronic voting in America.
»» Shane Farnan, co-host of Talking Left, joins us for a discussion on the future of the progressive movement, and we’ll find out whether sustainable change is possible.
»» Attorney David TeSelle will discuss the former DC insiders who are now raking in big cash with the Affordable Care Act.
»» Investigative journalist Steve Horn talks about a recently released report that shows fracking isn’t that bad, and exposes the corrupt players who sponsored the phony science.
»» Attorney Howard Nations will tell us about the trillions of dollars being given in handouts to corporate America each year.
»» Author Joshua Holland will tell us why the Tea Party thinks they’d be better off forming their own state.
»» And attorney Matthew Edling will discuss the Supreme Court’s actions to limit our access to the court system.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Seder: Tom Delay Off The Hook For Laundering Money (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Sam Seder and author Cliff Schecter discuss the recent dismissal of Tom Delay’s conviction.
• VIDEO! Pap and Seder: N.Y. Times Ignores NSA/Israel Story – Not ‘Surprising’ Enough (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder discuss a disturbing NSA story that the New York Times refused to cover, as the managing editor claimed the story was not “significant” or “surprising” enough.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Sept. 27, 2013 featuring the top stories from Ring of Fire from the past week.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 9/23/13 Matt Duss: End of the Neocon Dream of War with Iran?
• TUESDAY 9/24/13 David Dayen: Courts Closed For Bank Fraud
• WEDNESDAY 9/25 /13 Tina Dupuy & Nicole Belle: Paying Journalists & Getting Them To do Their Jobs
• THURSDAY 9/26/13 Laura Gottesdiener: A Dream Foreclosed
• FRIDAY 9/27/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Isabel Gillies
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• US gov’t threatens market manipulation whistleblowers just like they threaten Snowden and Assange by MaxKeiser - READ The Shocking Truth About Secret Documents & The CFTC SNIP: "I would just like for KWN readers around the world to understand that the CFTC’s conclusion today that it cannot act regarding silver market rigging in no way discredits complaints of silver market manipulation. This, in all likelihood, means that the CFTC already knew or has recently discovered that the market rigging is being conducted by the US government. As such it is exempt from ordinary securities law.”
• U.S. 5 Year Silver Market Investigation Ends – No LIBOR Style Manipulation by Mark O'Byrne - We continue to believe silver will rise to its real record high or inflation adjusted high of $140/oz in the coming years. It remains an important diversification for all looking to protect their wealth from “bail-ins” or deposit confiscation and currency devaluations...... Expectedly, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has closed the investigation that was publicly confirmed five years ago, in September 2008, concerning silver manipulation by Wall Street banks. ...... The CFTC statement said that “based upon the law and evidence as they exist at this time, there is not a viable basis to bring an enforcement action with respect to any firm or its employees related to our investigation of silver markets”.......
• JP Morgan Sharholders: Three Years Ago I told You RMBS Settlement Would be Mega Billions by Stacy Herbert - READ JP Morgan Sharholders: Three Years Ago I told You RMBS Settlement Would be Mega Billions (TeriBuhl.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR501] Keiser Report: Banksters’ God Complex We discuss the US Federal Reserve Bank as ‘the greatest hedge fund’ in history and ask whether or not their quantitative easing policy is like trying to pass pork off as a prime cut of beef. In the second half, Max interviews precious metals trader, Andrew Maguire, about JPMorgan whistleblowers and the Federal Reserve Bank taper hoax. [UPDATE: Here is Turd Ferguson with more info on the JPM whistleblowers].
• KEISER REPORT [KR502] Keiser Report: Trickle-Down Flamethrowers We discuss flamethrowers and jihadis in the world of banking. We also note that houses in London earn more per day than the average worker in London. In the second half, Max interviews Mitch Feierstein of PlanetPonzi.com about the Fed’s balance sheet, housing bubbles around the world and putting lipstick on pigs.
• KEISER REPORT [KR503] Keiser Report: Lynching America We discuss whether banking bonus outrage is equivalent to the lynching of African Americans in the Deep South and the money, money, money, MONEY! of the ex-Presidents of the United States. In the second half, Max interviews George Galloway, a Member of Parliament, about his documentary film, The Killing of Tony Blair. They also discuss crowd funding democracy with Galloway’s run for Mayor of London.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1289] The Truth About Markets – 21 September 2013 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 9/26/13 Philip Giraldi: Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses why the mainstream media won’t cover the NSA’s habit of passing raw intelligence on Americans to Israel; a cost-benefit analysis of the US-Israel “special relationship;” the few barriers to making a deal on Iran’s nuclear program; and why Rand Paul is just an empty suit.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 9/27/13 Joe Lauria: Joe Lauria, a New York-based independent foreign affairs correspondent, discusses Iranian President Rouhani’s press conference at the UN; the nearly-completed agreement on destroying Syria’s chemical weapons stocks; Iran’s eagerness to make a deal on their nuclear program to remedy the crippling effects of sanctions on their economy; and the Saudi and Israeli opposition to US-Iran rapprochement.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Majority Whip, Rep Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)
• Senator Mike Lee (R-UT)
• Senator Tim Kaine (D-VA)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml