Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
'The Ocean is broken' We'll have much more on the State of the World's Oceans but first we go to Bloomberg's Patricia Hurtado for BofA’s Countrywide Found Liable for Defrauding Fannie Mae Bank of America Corp.’s Countrywide unit was found liable by a jury for selling Fannie Mae (FNMA) and Freddie Mac (FMCC) thousands of defective loans in the first mortgage-fraud case brought by the U.S. government to go to trial. A federal jury in Manhattan yesterday also found former Countrywide Financial Corp. executive Rebecca Mairone liable for defrauding the U.S. Mairone was the only individual named as a defendant in the government’s lawsuit. U.S. District Judge Jed Rakoff, who presided over the trial, told lawyers he’ll determine the amount of any civil penalty at a later date. Assistant U.S. Attorney Pierre Armand asked the judge to impose a penalty of as much as $848 million, representing the gross losses to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Armand said alternatively, Rakoff could fine Countrywide about $131 million, the estimated net losses to the two entities. ........... Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, whose office brought the case, said Countrywide’s program “treated quality control and underwriting as a joke.” “In a rush to feed at the trough of easy mortgage money on the eve of the financial crisis, Bank of America purchased Countrywide, thinking it had gobbled up a cash cow,” Bharara said in a statement. “That profit, however, was built on fraud, as the jury unanimously found.” Prosecutors in Bharara’s Civil Fraud unit alleged that a division of Countrywide in August 2007 initiated a loan program called “High Speed Swim Lane,” or HSSL, that ran until 2008. “The jury’s decision concerned a single Countrywide program that lasted several months and ended before Bank of America’s acquisition of the company,” Lawrence Grayson, a spokesman for the Charlotte, North Carolina-based bank, said in an e-mailed statement. “We will evaluate our options for appeal.” Marc Mukasey, a lawyer for Mairone, said he would appeal. ........ Prosecutors said some Countrywide supervisors promised loan specialists trips to casinos as incentives for reducing errors. Sullivan said the incentive program rewards were often no more than a $50 gift certificate to the Outback Steakhouse. In internal Countrywide e-mails shown to the jury, supervisors urged loan specialists to increase the speed and volume of their work. They also held contests that promised rewards and “casino” nights with poker games. In another e-mail, dated Dec. 20, 2007, one of Boland’s colleagues questioned a decision under HSSL to eliminate a review of loans by underwriters and shift the focus from ensuring quality loans to speed. ....... The case, brought under the Financial Institution Reform, Recovery and Enforcement Act of 1989 or FIRREA, has been used by Bharara’s office at least six times. The office has used the statute and another law to obtain almost $500 million in mortgage fraud recoveries. ...... Of course as the GOP boosts drive to kill Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac they totally ignore how Fannie and Freddie were SWINDLED! On the other hand plenty of DINOs go along Republicans, Democrats agree Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac should go --- but what's next? from the Washington Examiner in July. The corporate wing of the DNC is strong as ever. BTW $131 million is pocket change to BofA, the "cost of doing bizness", eh? And they've plenty of "cash on hand" to appeal donchaknow. Speaking of pocket change we go to Yves Smith and Naked Capitalism The Ridiculous “Jamie Dimon as Victim” Meme on the Pending JP Morgan Mortgage Settlement Nothing like having a credulous, leak-dependent media to carry your messages. There’s been a remarkable hue and cry about the pending JP Morgan settlement, as if the amount is somehow too high. As we’ve discussed repeatedly, the director of financial stability for the Bank of England, Andrew Haldane, already ascertained that a mere 1/20th of low-end estimate of what the banks ought to pay for all the damage they did would wipe our their market capitalization. So even if you think JP Morgan is only half as culpable as other banks (a point we will debunk in a post tomorrow) it would only be half as dead. In other words, Dimon and all his crew should thank their lucky stars that they got off so well and didn’t have their banks turned into utilities. But that moment passed, so now we are haggling over price with ingrates. The overwhelming cost of the settlement is representation and warranty liability. There are well established parameters for that. Once the settlement is final and terms are disclosed, we should have a clearer idea of what JPM paid relative to the dollar value of loans at issue. But the idea that JP Morgan would pay more than the prevailing rate is spurious. There would be every incentive for the bank to fight in court otherwise. As a New York Times story by Peter Eavis and Ben Protess points out:
- The largest sum, more than $6 billion, will serve as compensation for investors like pension funds that suffered losses from mortgage securities sold by JPMorgan, Bear Stearns and Washington Mutual, people briefed on the settlement talks said.
- Another $4 billion will take the form of relief for struggling homeowners in cities like Detroit. The payout will serve as penance for the bank’s general mortgage practices, and does not stem from any particular mortgage securities or institution, according to one of the people briefed on the talks.
- In reality, JPM and Dimon are getting a pretty darn good deal from the government. I suspect when the settlement is actually disclosed, it will turn out that JPM’s payout for rep breach violations/FHFA stuff are actually lower than for other banks and lower than that BofA $8.5 bilion settlement. That’s another big reason for the full court press on “poor Jamie” stories – to mask the fact that JPM is getting a bargain.
From the BTV Desert Bureau our intriped jen grabs Matt Taibbi at The Rolling Stone Nobody Should Shed a Tear for JP Morgan Chase ..........Look, there's no denying that this is a lot of money. It's the biggest settlement in the history of government settlements, and it's just one company to boot. But this has been in the works for a long time, and it's been in the works for a reason. This whole thing, lest anyone forget, has its genesis in a couple of state Attorneys General (including New York's Eric Schneiderman and Delaware's Beau Biden) not wanting to sign off on any deal with the banks that didn't also address the root causes of the crisis, in particular the mass fraud surrounding the sale and production of subprime mortgage securities. Those holdouts essentially forced the federal government's hand, leading Barack Obama to create a federal working group on residential mortgage-backed securities (widely seen as the AGs' price for okaying the $25 billion robosigning deal), headed up by Schneiderman, whose investigation of Chase and its affiliates led to the deal that's about to be struck. Minus all of that, minus those state holdouts in those foreclosure negotiations, this settlement probably would never even take place: The federal government seemed more than willing previously to settle with the banks without even addressing the root-cause issues that are at the heart of this new Chase deal. So let's not forget that – that even this $13 billion settlement, which is actually a $9 billion settlement (see below), came very close to never happening. But now it is happening, and the business press is going nuts about how unfair it all is. In fact, this deal is actually quite a gift to Chase. It sounds like a lot of money, but there are myriad deceptions behind the sensational headline. First of all, the settlement, as the folks at Better Markets have pointed out, may wipe out between $100 billion and $200 billion in potential liability – meaning that the bank might just have settled "for ten cents or so on the dollar." The Federal Housing Finance Agency alone was suing Chase and its affiliates for $33 billion. The trustee in the ongoing Bernie Madoff Ponzi scandal was suing Chase for upwards of $19 billion. .................... These banks created huge masses of mortgage securities they knew to be highly risky and/or fraudulent. At Bear, one deal manager jokingly nicknamed one pool of mortgages, SACO-2006-08, the "SACK OF SHIT" deal. In another case, Bear's securitization company, EMC, obtained a pool of mortgages from a sketchy mortgage originator called AHM, and found out that as much as 60 percent of the batch was delinquent. Yet they continued to buy these mortgages and throw them into the great hamburger-machine, turning them into securities that would in turn be bought by everyone from pension funds to Fannie and Freddie. And then they pushed sales even harder, relying upon the influx of new buyers of these securities to keep the value of the old securities stable. This is exactly what Bernie Madoff did, it's what Charles Ponzi did, and it's what Allen Stanford
did – using cash from new investors to pay off the old investors. The supermarket-bank version of this game was just more elaborate, involved more moving parts and threatened indescribably greater damage ................ So now we, and they, are talking about the Chase scandal. This is Madoff all over again, only on a much huger scale. Ten years from now, bet on it, the Wall Street Journal will be denouncing everyone from Eric Holder to Lanny Breuer to the SEC and DOJ officials in the Bush administration for failing to protect investors from predatory companies like Bear Stearns, Washington Mutual and their parent, JP Morgan Chase. Right now, however, these papers are still stuck in the denial phase, which is to be expected, I suppose. But it doesn't mean we have to take these ridiculous editorials about Chase's victimhood seriously. ...... Go to RollingStone.com and read all of Taibbi for full effect - and click his links too to get up-to-speed if you haven't been paying attention these last economic disasters five years all orchestrated by the TBTF banks their bitch Da Fed, probably the biggest graft scheme in the History of The World:
- "The few who understand the system, will either be so interested from it's profits or so dependant on it's favors, that there will be no opposition from that class." — Rothschild Brothers of London, 1863
- "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild
- European leaders are under pressure to respond to the controversy over mass digital surveillance after the European parliament moved to toughen data privacy rules and curb data transfers to the US, and following outrage in France at the scale of the intrusion. The draft supported by MEPs on Monday forms the basis for further negotiation with the 28 EU governments and the European commission, meaning it is likely to be altered substantially before coming into force. The aim is to have the new regime agreed by next spring and in force by 2016, but that looks unlikely. The 28 governments are still trying to reach a common negotiating position.
- As reported here yesterday, Tory MP Julian Smith said the Guardian had broken the law and should be prosecuted. Rowena Mason has the full story here.
- Here is a trailer for an upcoming documentary on the NSA Files produced by the Guardian.
- And here Julian Borger points out that Obama's conversation with Merkel was the third time in a week he had found himself trying to placate the leaders of closely allied nations who have discovered the extent of NSA surveillance in their countries.
- “We hardly saw any living things. We saw one whale, sort of rolling helplessly on the surface with what looked like a big tumour on its head. It was pretty sickening. “I’ve done a lot of miles on the ocean in my life and I’m used to seeing turtles, dolphins, sharks and big flurries of feeding birds. But this time, for 3000 nautical miles there was nothing alive to be seen.”
- “In a lot of places we couldn’t start our motor for fear of entangling the propeller in the mass of pieces of rope and cable. That’s an unheard of situation, out in the ocean. …”On the bow, in the waters above Hawaii, you could see right down into the depths. I could see that the debris isn’t just on the surface, it’s all the way down. And it’s all sizes, from a soft-drink bottle to pieces the size of a big car or truck.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Luis Gutierrez, (D-Illinois). "Still Dreaming": Immigrant Rights Champion Rep. Luis Gutiérrez on Life of Activism & Politics As pressure grows for Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform now that the government shutdown is over, we spend the hour with one of the leading—people leading that fight, Democratic Representative Luis Gutiérrez of Illinois. He’s been working to improve immigration policies since he won his congressional seat in the early 1990s. Most recently, he helped author a bipartisan proposal for reform in the House.
- Hawa Bah, mother of Mohamed Bah, who was shot dead by New York City police & Randolph McLaughlin, longtime civil rights attorney who represents the Bah and Cruz families Deadly 911 Calls: NYPD Kills African Immigrant Student Inside Home After Mother Calls for Ambulance AND Deadly 911 Calls Pt. 2: Police Kill Bipolar Puerto Rican Artist After Concerned Wife Calls for Help
McLaughlin, Mayo Bartlett, longtime civil rights attorney & Sam Cochran, retired police officer who served as the coordinator of the Memphis Police Department’s Crisis Intervention Team Memphis Model: Police Pioneer Use of Crisis Intervention Teams to Deal with Mentally Sick
- Mustafa Qadri, Pakistan researcher at Amnesty International "How Do You Justify Killing a Grandmother?" Amnesty Says U.S. Drone Strikes May Be War Crimes
- Chris Kirkham, business reporter at The Huffington Post, author of a two-part investigative series, "Prisoners of Profit." "Prisoners of Profit": Despite Widespread Abuse, Private Juvenile Jail Firm Expands Empire
- Marsha Levick, co-founder and chief counsel of the Juvenile Law Center, based in Philadelphia "Cash for Kids": Firms Behind Juvenile Prison Bribes Reach $2.5 Million Settlement in Civil Suit
- René González, former Cuban intelligence agent and freed member of the Cuban Five. Exclusive: René González, Lone Cuban 5 Member Freed from U.S. Prison, Speaks Out from Havana
- René González & Ricardo Alarcon, former foreign minister of Cuba and past president of the Cuban National Assembly. Ex-Cuban Foreign Minister on Threats by Militant Exiles & Why Obama Should "Free the 5"
- Ben Emmerson, U.N. special rapporteur on human rights and counterterrorism As U.S. Faces New Scrutiny on Drones, U.N. Report Finds Hundreds of Civilian Deaths in Pakistan AND U.N. Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Calls for Release of Info on Bush-Era Kidnappings, Torture
- Brandon Bryant, a former sensor operator for the U.S. Air Force Predator program A Drone Warrior’s Torment: Ex-Air Force Pilot Brandon Bryant on His Trauma from Remote Killing
- Clay Johnson, CEO at Department of Better Technology Diagnosing the Online Health Exchange Debacle: "Proprietary" Software Needs a Dose of Open Source
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Jill Stein: A Party for the People How we converge our movements and make them unstoppable - "is not by going for the fringe reforms here, but by really fixing the problem," Green Party leader Jill Stein tells GRITtv. "We don’t have a choice. We really are up against a wall.” more.....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Talladega Superspeedway pres. by 5-Hour Energy »»» MLB WORLD SERIES on FOX GAME 4 Sunday @ St. Louis 8 pm et; GAME 5 @ St. Louis Monday 8 pm et; IF NECESSARY: Game 6 Wednesday @ Boston 8 pm et & Game 7 Thursday @ Boston 8 pm et »»» SUNDAY FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA on NBC Packers @ Vikings 8:30 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on ESPN Seahwaks @ Rams 8:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! Pvt. Manning's lawyer David Coombs answers frequently asked questions October 22, 2013. By David Coombs. Private Chelsea Manning's lawyer answers questions about the heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower and her prison conditions. ..... AND Update 10/23/13: Noam Chomsky & Chase Madar address Manning's case at MIT, while retired general defends "Collateral Murder" Watch Noam Chomsky and Chase Madar address the Manning case as part of the MIT Starr Forum. Democracy Now sheds light on the kind of military attitude which allows "Collateral Murder" to happen. And an LGBT activist argues all progressives need to focus more on governmental transparency. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,289 US Military Dead as of Oct. 25, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• former Vice President Dick Cheney
• Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wy
• Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.V.
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News contributor Donna Brazile, co-host of CNN’s Crossfire S.E. Cupp, former Vermont governor and founder of Democracy for America Howard Dean, and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol
• Sunday Spotlight: Joshua Debois discusses his new book “The President’s Devotional” about his daily prayers sent to President Obama during his time as head of the White House’s Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., chairman of the Oversight & Government Reform Committee
• Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D- N.H., who has led the Democratic effort in support of an enrollment period extension
• Phil Shenon, former investigative reporter for the New York Times to preview his latest book "A Cruel and Shocking Act: The Secret History of the Kennedy assassination."
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Benghazi - Lara Logan hears the first eyewitness account from a Westerner who was on the ground in Benghazi during the deadly al Qaeda attack on the U.S. consulate.
• The Deputy Director - An interview with former Deputy Director of the CIA Mike Morell opens a rare window into the inside affairs of the U.S. intelligence agency during a trying time in U.S. history. John Miller reports. Ira Rosen and Gabrielle Schonder are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) and
• Gov. Steve Beshear (D-KY).
• NBC’s Chief Foreign Affairs correspondent Andrea Mitchell
• former chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee Rep. Peter King (R-NY)
• ROUNDTABLE: 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum; former Michigan Democratic Governor Jennifer Granholm; President of the Center for American Progress Neera Tanden; and Republican strategist Alex Castellanos.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines and at noon ET.
• House Intelligence Chairman Mike Rogers (R-MI)
• Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, a Health Policy Adviser to the Obama Administration from 2009-2011
• Congressman John Fleming, a Republican and one-time Louisiana Family Doctor of the Year.
• ROUNDTABLE: CNN Political Commentators Ross Douthat and Cornell Belcher will join A.B. Stoddard from The Hill
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• THORN in the FRONT PORCH THURSDAY!! Bob and The H.O.R.N. celebrate their 8th Birthday!! Pull up a cold one! Listen NOW HERE - Thursday, October 24th, 2013 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - October 24, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Arizona electric company's secret plot to kill solar industry; Hawaiian island rejects being a testing ground for GMOs and pesticides; Washington State fighting GMOs, too; Another U.S. city breaks up with coal; PLUS: Warning: fossil fuels may not be a good investment ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): NYC hurricane expert: "Sandy wasn't the Big One"; Top 10 Food Facts on World Food Day; Australia: Thousands evacuate as conditions worsen; Exposure to DDT may be passed down through subsequent generations; Invasion of the False Widow Spider media stories!; Tea Party Republicans back water infrastructure bill; Monsanto insists Roundup is 'safe' after cancers spike in Argentina; ND pipeline spill raises questions on oversight, inspections; Canada: Spike in carcinogens downwind of petrochemical plants; FDA asks for help as pet deaths spike ... PLUS: Why we don't care about saving our grandchildren from climate change ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - October 22, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: China choking on toxic air; Air pollution causing lung cancer everywhere; Anti-fracking protests spread across Europe...and turn violent in Canada, while France holds the line; PLUS: Some good news: US carbon emissions falling for the 5th year in a row ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! What 'Fiscal Conservatism'? The GOP Shutdown Scam The great Republican hoax - that they give a damn about government spending and/or waste - is revealed again...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! DIEBOLD INDICTED AGAIN: Prosecutor Cites 'Worldwide Pattern of Criminal Conduct' Ohio-based ATM and voting machine company in trouble yet again. This time on criminal counts of bribery, falsification of documents...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! European Scientists Cite Flaws in GMO Tests Claim safety, nutrition value of genetically modified foods unknown thanks to poor methodology used in most studies...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment Oct. 24, 2013 Bulletin: Alabama Blogger Roger Shuler Arrested for “Contempt” of Kangaroo Court Breaking: Roger Shuler arrested for “contempt” of kangaroo court in Alabama, following illegal court order violating First Amendement, prior restraint……
• PBC News & Comment Oct. 25, 2013 PBC News & Comment: More Info On Shuler’s Arrest, New 7.3 Quake Near Fukushima More details on arrest and jailing of journalist Roger Shuler in Alabama, first news of major new earthquake near Fukushima….
• PBC Standard Podcast Oct. 23, 2013 John Nichols and Bob McChesney, Co-authors of “Dollarocracy”, Talk Big Money Corruption, Media Profiteering and the Decline of Journalism
• PBC Standard Podcast Oct. 25, 2013 Update on Roger Shuler’s Bogus Imprisonment With Commentary from Andrew Kreig of the Justice Integrity Project
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Oct. 25, 2013 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• former Florida Governor Charlie Crist will tell us how the Republican Party became a movement of dangerous extremists.
• Media Matters Senior Fellow Ari Rabin-Havt will discuss his new book “The Benghazi Hoax.”
• Investigative journalist David Dayen will talk about the proposed fraud settlement between JP Morgan and the Department of Justice.
• Attorney Justin Martin will tell us how the poor are disproportionately affected by corporate America.
• Paul Waldman from The American Prospect will talk to us about the battle over immigration reform.
• And BillMoyers.com senior digital producer Joshua Holland will explain why the Healthcare.gov website is plagued with so many problems.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Oct 26, 2013 Sundays at NOON!
»» Robert Borosage will discuss the new Democratic insurgents who are changing policy from the grassroots level.
»» Progressive radio and TV host Thom Hartmann will talk about the traditional media’s failures that helped keep the government shutdown.
»» Linda Lipsen, the CEO of the AAJ, talks about the 14th annual Institute for Legal Reform’s tort reform conference that took place this week, and how the group is planning to strip consumers of their legal rights.
»» Attorney Howard Nations talks about the successes that are already being seen as a result of the Affordable Care Act.
»» Attorneys Niall McCarthy and Mike Burg talk about the Obama administration’s decision to allow defense contractors greater leniency in arms dealings.
»» Economist Richard Wolff in New York City will tell us why the Tea Party is fighting social programs, and how it underscores their complete lack of knowledge about economics and capitalism.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• Julian Assange Rails Against Biopic “The Fifth Estate” Next Friday, the Dreamworks produced biopic of Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is set to release in theaters. “The Fifth Estate” is based on the early days and creation of Wikileaks, however, Assange has spoken out against the film and also sent a letter to the film’s lead actor, Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays Assange. In the letter, Assange decries the film and says that he does “not believe it is going to be positive for me or the people I care about. . . It is based on a deceitful book by someone who has a vendetta against me and my organisation.” MORE!
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Is BP Using Online Trolls To Harass Oil Spill Victims? (VIDEO) BP has employed a host of dirty tricks in order to avoid liability for the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill disaster. But recently, those tactics have reached new lows. Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio talks with a whistleblower who has uncovered evidence of BP’s newest tricks to harass the victims along the Gulf Coast.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Leave the GOP While You Can (VIDEO) John Boehner has his hands tied by Tea Party extremists who are willing to burn down our economy, and our federal government for their selfish goals. The entire GOP is being held captive by a small group of extremists, and they have turned the party into one of the least popular in modern history. Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio talks about this with Charlie Crist, the former governor of Florida.
• Papantonio: Sweatshop Capitalism Comes To America (VIDEO) by Gary Bentley - For the first time in world history, the 10 highest paid CEOs in the US all received more than $100 million a year in direct compensation, and two of them took home billion dollar paychecks. Understand, all that is after Americans went through all that public drama and soul-searching where they were holding public media events and shareholder meetings asking that those ridiculous rhetorical questions, like, is the system broken? Should management really be making 600 to 800 dollars for every one dollar an hour that a worker makes? As double digit increases every year for top management takes place, double digit decreases in compensation benefits for America’s workers continue....... MORE!
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 110/21/13 The Myth of a GOP Civil War & The Truth of Dems Budget Fight
• TUESDAY 10/22/13 Max Blumenthal: Goliath: Life and Loathing in Greater Israel
• WEDNESDAY 10/23/13 Jim Bruce: Money For Nothing: The Fed Documentary
• THURSDAY 10/24/13 Peter Frase: Delusions of the Tech Bro Intelligentsia
• FRIDAY 10/25 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Andy Kindler
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Guy on Amtrak eavesdrops on Michael Hayden and live tweets about it by Stacy Herbert - Stacy Summary: Hysterical. Michael Hayden was on the Amtrak which just arrived in DC; he was apparently speaking ‘off the record’ to many journalists and bashing the Obama admin. Passenger nearby live tweeted conversation, until Hayden’s people called him to tell him about it. READ This dude just eavesdropped on former NSA director Michael Hayden. And he’s tweeting about it. (WaPo)
• SHOW APPEARANCE! Max Keiser on #HIGNFY Novermber, 1st by MaxKeiser - Next wk on #HIGNFY Kirsty Young hosts with US political pundit @maxkeiser & comedian @mrTonyLaw joining panellists Paul & Ian @HatTrickProd — PR Matters UK (@PRMattersUK) October 25, 2013
• VIDEO! GCHQuestions: Snowden files reveal spy agency’s efforts to escape leg by MaxKeiser
• KEISER REPORT [KR513] Keiser Report: Bandits, Bankers & Brokers We discuss the bandits, banksters and brokers who will have taken all that we have got. No dollar, euro, yen or drachma will be left behind. And inflation, deflation and confiscation will take every last nickel and dime. They also discuss Americans turning their bodies into cash machines as they start selling off various organs to make ends meet. In the second half, Max interviews economist and professor, Constantin Gurdgiev, about Bail-Ins, Bail-outs and Troikas. They also discuss ‘second-rate’ Britain and a de-Americanizing rest of the world.
• KEISER REPORT [KR514] Keiser Report: Debtocholics Anonymous We discuss George Osborne in China from where he dissed the jumper class while refusing to come up with more than a 5 day plan for UK command and control economic and monetary policies favoring the bankster class. In the second half, Max interviews Dan Collins of TheChinaMoneyReport.com about calls in China for a de-Americanization and a rapidly rising pot of savings.
• KEISER REPORT [KR515] Keiser Report: Silent but Violent Emissions WE discuss the impossibility of tapering a ponzi scheme, Alan Greenspan’s return to the hot airwaves and why QE has failed. In the second half, Max interviews Trond Andresen, a lecturer in control systems at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, about a digital crisis currency or bitcoin as a solution to a man-made disaster like Greece.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1292] The Truth About the Price of Semen Stacy Summary: The Truth About Markets episode 1292, airing on 19 October 2013. Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up, and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream.......
• Scott Horton Radio Show 10/24/13 Andrew Bacevich: Andrew Bacevich, author of Breach of Trust: How Americans Failed Their Soldiers and Their Country, discusses the New York Times’ perceived “threat” of isolationism while the US is always and everywhere intervening in conflicts abroad.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 10/24/13 Philip Giraldi: Philip Giraldi, executive director of the Council for the National Interest, discusses the Anti-Defamation League’s inclusion of CNI in their top-10 anti-Israel group list; Benjamin Netanyahu’s blatant attempts to break up a US-Iran peace deal; and the US-Saudi rift on Syrian policy.
• Visit his blog Stress. See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal (R-LA)
• House Democratic Caucus Chair, Rep Xavier Becerra (D-CA)
• Vice-Chair of the Energy and Commerce Committee, Rep Marsha Blackburn (R-TN).
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml