Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Trans-Pacific Partnership Thursday November 22 was the anniversary of the shooting/killing/murder/assassination of the 36th President of the United States, John Fitzgerald Kennedy. We go to Rolling Stone for John F. Kennedy's Vision of Peace by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. ...... One year later, on October 16th, 1962, Kennedy saw aerial photographs proving that the Soviets had installed nuclear missiles in Cuba capable of reaching much of the eastern U.S. seaboard. The next 13 days were the most perilous in mankind's history. From the outset, the Pentagon, the CIA and many of JFK's advisers urged airstrikes and a U.S. invasion of the island that, as a Soviet military commander later revealed, would have triggered a nuclear war with the Soviets. JFK opted for a blockade, which Soviet ships respected. By October 26th, the standoff was de-escalating. Then, on October 27th, the crisis reignited when Soviet forces shot down a U.S. reconnaissance plane, killing its pilot, Maj. Rudolf Anderson. Almost immediately, the brass demanded overwhelming retaliation to destroy the Soviet missile sites. Meanwhile, Castro pushed the Kremlin military machine toward a devastating first strike. In a secret meeting with Ambassador Anatoly Dobrynin, my father told him, "If the situation continues much longer, the president is not sure that the military will not overthrow him and seize power." U.S. marshals appeared at our house to take us to government bunkers in western Virginia. My brother Joe and I were anxious to go, if only to see the setup. But my father, who'd spent the previous six nights at the White House, called to say that we needed to be "good soldiers" and show up for school in Washington. To disappear, he told us, would cause public panic. That night, many people in our government went to sleep wondering if they would wake up dead. On Monday, October 29th, the world moved back from the brink. ...... Much more! Also catch Bobby with Sam Seder on Ring of Fire and Majority Report below!
Also at RS Tim Dickinson explains How Republicans Rig the Game ...... Despite the fact that Republican Congressional can didates received nearly 1.4 million fewer votes than Democratic candidates last November, the Republicans lost only eight seats from their historic 2010 romp, allowing them to preserve a fat 33-seat edge in the House. Unscrupulous Republican gerrymandering following the 2010 census made the difference, according to a statistical analysis conducted by the Princeton Election Consortium. Under historically typical redistricting, House Republicans would now likely be clinging to a reedy five-seat majority. "There's the normal tug of war of American politics," says Sam Wang, founder of the consortium. "Trying to protect one congressman here, or unseat another one there." The Princeton model was built, he says, to detect "whether something got pulled off-kilter on top of that." Did it ever. In Pennsylvania, Democratic candidates took 51 percent of the vote across the state's 18 districts, but only five of the seats. In Wang's model, the odds against Democrats emerging at an eight-seat disadvantage are 1,000-to-1. And Pennsylvania was not alone. According to the Election Consortium analysis, gerrymandering helped Republicans secure 13 seats in just six states – including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Virginia and North Carolina – that, under normal rules of engagement, Democrats would have won. This tilting of the electoral playing field was the result of a sophisticated campaign coordinated at the highest levels of Republican politics through a group called the Republican State Leadership Committee (RSLC) – a Super-PAC-like entity chaired by Bush-era RNC chairman Ed Gillespie and backed by Karl Rove. Shortly after President Obama's first election, the RSLC launched the Redistricting Majority Project (REDMAP) with an explicit strategy to "keep or win Republican control of state legislatures with the largest impact on congressional redistricting." The logic was simple. Every decade following the census, the task of redrawing federal congressional-district boundaries falls (with some exceptions) to the state legislatures. If Republicans could seize control of statehouses – and, where necessary, have GOP governors in place to rubber-stamp their redistricting maps – the party could lock in new districts that would favor Republican candidates for a decade. As Rove wrote in a Wall Street Journal column in early 2010: "He who controls redistricting can control Congress." In short order, the RSLC raised more than $30 million to fund Rove's vision while its hapless counterpart, the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee, raised barely one-third of that amount. .............. Republican redistricting has made a mockery of the ideal of "one man, one vote." To take back the House next year, 100 Democratic voters would have to turn out for every 94 Republicans. "Given the GOP-tilted nature of the congressional map," writes David Wasserman of the Cook Political Report, "Democrats would need to win the national popular vote by between six and seven points in order to win the barest possible House majority." ............. The filibuster adds an undemocratic overlay to a chamber that is already rankly undemocratic. In today's Senate, 41 small-state Republicans can mount a filibuster on behalf of 28 percent of the country. And the departure from historical practice is shocking: LBJ faced one filibuster as Senate majority leader. Harry Reid, the current majority leader, has faced more than 430. Nearly half the filibusters of executive-branch nominations in the nation's history – 16 of 36 – have occurred under Obama. ........ MUCH MORE! Speaking of filibusters it looks like GOPher obstruction is over for now. At The Nation Eric Alterman snags this item Gone Nuclear: The Media Missed the GOP’s Filibuster War on Government By Reed Richardson Finally. (NYT story) What Sen. Harry Reid did Thursday wasn’t a win for Democrats as much as it was a triumph for democracy. That the Washington conventional wisdom likely won’t characterize it that way, though, shouldn’t be surprising. For far too long, the Beltway media has, by turns, overlooked, enabled, and normalized what has been a relentless, unprecedented siege campaign by Senate Republicans against Constitutional privilege and White House authority. Once a rare, last-ditch bureaucratic maneuver on the part of the minority, filibusters are no longer about extending actual debate on legislation or questioning the fitness of a political appointee. Instead, having been deployed a record 446 times since 2006, they’ve effectively been weaponized by the GOP as an extra-Constitutional end run around settled law. So, to say Reid “went nuclear” on the Senate rules Thursday is to ignore seven years of overwhelming evidence that the Republicans blew them up first. Nevertheless, this week’s press coverage of Republican filibusters leading up to the nuclear option was more of the same old objective ambiguity. ........ Over time, the media’s steady use of euphemisms and false equivalence has buried the larger narrative of Republican filibuster abuse. Likewise, it compartmentalizes each round of executive or judicial nominations into discrete events, which only allows the GOP to escape real accountability for their egregious abuse. For instance, when NBC News’s political tip sheet First Read previewed Reid’s “nuclear option” move Thursday, note that it only did so with respect to the three most recent judicial nominees blocked by the GOP.
- “And so after Senate Republican filibustered President Obama’s nominees to sit on the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals—not on concerns about ideology or qualifications, but over the president’s ability to appoint ANYONE to these vacancies—Senate Democrats are poised to change the rules via the so-called ‘nuclear option’”
- – In the spring of 2007, of the 257 news/talk stations owned by the top five commercial station owners, 91 percent of the total weekday talk radio programming was conservative, and only 9 percent was progressive.
- – Each weekday, 2,570 hours and 15 minutes of conservative talk are broadcast on these stations compared to 254 hours of progressive talk — 10 times as much conservative talk as progressive talk.
- – 76 percent of the news/talk programming in the top 10 radio markets is conservative, while 24 percent is progressive.
- Our conclusion is that the gap between conservative and progressive talk radio is the result of multiple structural problems in the U.S. regulatory system, particularly the complete breakdown of the public trustee concept of broadcast, the elimination of clear public interest requirements for broadcasting, and the relaxation of ownership rules including the requirement of local participation in management. [...]
- “It should not be lost upon anyone, that this is one of the first official actions by the new general counsel Richard Griffin, who was previously an official within a union that had serial management problems, including connections to organized crime,” said Fred Wszolek, spokesman for the Workforce Fairness Institute, in a statement. “Next, the fact this issue came to light in an announcement made by the United Food and Commercial Workers, even before the new general counsel made public any information related to the matter, certainly confirms the worst fears of American workers and businesses, which are union bosses are completely unchecked, pulling the strings in government and have declared war on our nation’s job creators.”
- Clarification: This story was updated to include a quotation that was substituted for one that appeared in the original version online. The quotation, attributed to a law enforcement official, was replaced with another from the same interview because the original quotation created the erroneous impression that the official was saying Julian Assange would not be arrested if he came to the United States. The official said Assange would not be arrested on U.S. charges. He did not address any possible extradition request from another country.
- Michael Lipka, Pew Research More white evangelicals than American Jews say God gave Israel to the Jewish people 82% - A majority of white evangelicals believe God gave the land of Israel to the Jewish people, compared with 40% of American Jews who believe the same.
- besolar.info OneLove OneEarth - Learn from our Mistakes: Create Peace and Happiness - Build Green: Recycle and Create Sustainable Systems - Protect and Care: Save our Wild Earth: Her Animals, Land, Plants, Water and Air.
- Simon Tomlinson, Daily Mail UK Watch 'vigilante' politician cruise Hawaiian streets with a SLEDGEHAMMER and smash up shopping carts to stop homeless people using them for their belongings A Hawaii state representative has been waging a one-man war on homelessness - not with a groundbreaking new policy, but armed with a sledgehammer. Seeking his own brand of 'justice', five-term House Democrat Tom Brower has been roaming the streets looking for homeless people so he can smash up their possessions.
- Sam Sacks on The Big Picture Public trial for banksters!
Guest host Sam Sacks talks JPMorgan’s $13 Billion fine, the arrest of Congressman Trey Radel and the death penalty in tonight’s Big Picture Rumble.
- Progressive Radio Network Green Power And Wellness – 11/18/13 FUKUSHIMA and the fall of nuclear power with ARNIE GUNDERSEN and MICHAEL MARIOTTE fill this riveting hour as we get to the bottom of the Unit Four fuel pool. A long-time nuclear engineer, Arnie explains at www.Fairewinds.org much of the only reliable technical information about what’s happening at Fukushima. Executive Director of the Nuclear Information & Resource Service since shortly after Chernobyl, Michael sorts through the realities of reactor operations and waste management at www.nirs.org. If you are at all concerned about our global future, don’t miss this show.
- Op-Ed News Press Release Thom Hartmann's "Last Hours" Film Raises Issue of Global-Warming-Induced Extinction; Watch the video We could be facing the earth's SIXTH near extinction event. More info at www.lasthours.org
- Mark Crain, MoveOn.org Elizabeth Warren Makes A Brilliant Case For Social Security Expansion Senator Elizabeth Warren is the latest Democratic leader to come out in support of expanding Social Security benefits. Check out her brilliant appearance on MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show, then see MoveOn’s new polls showing deep support for Social Security expansion.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
All week Democracy NOW! broadcasts from Warsaw, Poland, at the U.N. climate summit, known as COP 19 Headlines Monday, Nov. 18, 2013
- Climate Justice Protests in Warsaw Global Voices from Africa to the Philippines Demand Climate Justice at U.N. Summit in Warsaw
- Pascoe Sabido, is covering the U.N. climate summit in Poland for the Corporate Europe Observatory Partnering With Polluters? U.N. Climate Summit Criticized for Sponsorships by Fossil Fuel Companies
- Martin Kaiser, head of Greenpeace delegation, Vladimir Chuprov, Greenpeace Russia & Kasia Guzek, Greenpeace activist 2 Months After Russia’s Jailing of Arctic 30, Greenpeace Urges Their Release at Warsaw Summit
- Gerry Arances, Philippine Movement for Climate Justice After Typhoon Haiyan’s Devastation, Filipino Calls for Climate Action Take On New Urgency
- Ewa Sufin-Jacquemart, Diana Maciaga & Rafal Krawczyk Polish Gov’t Draws Heat for Embracing Dirty Coal as it Hosts U.N. Climate Summit
- Naderev "Yeb" Sano, Philippines climate change commissioner On Day 9 of Fast, Filipino Climate Chief Yeb Saño Demands Rich Nations Pay Up for Global Pollution
- Clémence Hutin, climate justice activist & Naderev "Yeb" Sano "Civil Society Isn’t Welcome & Corporations Are": Youth Activist on Being Banned from Climate Talks
- Nitin Sethi, senior assistant editor at The Hindu Leaked Memo Reveals U.S. Plan to Oppose Helping Poor Nations Adapt to Climate Change
- Claudia Salerno, the lead climate negotiator for Venezuela As Poor Countries Walk Out of Climate Talks, Venezuela Calls on Industrial Nations to Take Action
- Ban Ki-moon, U.N. secretary-general & Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change U.N. Defends Banning Three Youth Activists While Allowing Fossil Fuel Firms to Sponsor Climate Talks
- Stephen Kretzmann, executive director of Oil Change International, Ingrid Verne, member of Changemaker & Simon Bradshaw, Oxfam Australia "Finance Climate Action, Not Fossil Fuel Subsidies": Activists Blast Priorities of Biggest Polluters
- Mary Ann Lucille Sering, vice-chairperson and executive director of the Philippines Climate Change Commission Filipina Climate Chief: "It Feels Like We Are Negotiating on Who Is To Live and Who Is To Die"
- Kumi Naidoo, executive director of Greenpeace International As 17 of Arctic 30 Granted Bail, Greenpeace Chief Calls Fossil Fuel CEOs "The Real Hooligans"
- Saleemul Huq, Bangladeshi-born scientist with the climate change group at the International Institute for Environment and Development After Global Failure to Cut Emissions, Will Poor Nations Get Help to Deal With Climate Change?
- Kumi Naidoo, executive director of Greenpeace International. "Nature Does Not Negotiate": Environmentalists Walk Out of U.N. Climate Summit in Warsaw AND Greenpeace: In Opposing Oil Drilling, Detained "Arctic 30" Are Standing Up for Planet’s 7 Billion
- Kevin Anderson, professor of energy and climate change at the University of Manchester & Alice Bows-Larkin, scientist, senior research fellow at Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research "We Have to Consume Less": Scientists Call For Radical Economic Overhaul to Avert Climate Crisis
- Anjali Appadurai, youth climate activist currently working with Friends of the Earth Sri Lanka and the Third World Network "Polluters Talk, We Walk": Civil Society Groups Abandon Warsaw Talks over Inaction on Global Warming
- Martin Khor, executive director of the South Centre, based in Geneva & Nitin Sethi, senior assistant editor at The Hindu As Environmentalists Walk Out of UN Talks, Top US Envoy Says No to Reparations for Climate Damage
- Marian Hussein Osman, Somali youth climate activist from Mogadishu "You’ve Made a Wager of Our Future": Somali Youth Activist Pleads to U.N. Summit for Climate Action
- Patrick Bond, South African climate activist and professor Climate Activists: Carbon Trading a "False Solution" Pushed by Bankers and Bureaucrats
- Monika Matus, Graham Thurston Hallett, Maria Alejandra Escalante Rubio, Adrian Fernandez Jauregui, Ruth Nyambura "We Can’t Take Crumbs from the High Table": Global Activists Hold Their Own Climate Justice Summit
- Tosi Mpanu Mpanu & Mithika Mwenda "Africa Is Being Pushed Closer to the Fire": Africans Say Continent Can’t Wait for Climate Action
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Harvey Wasserman: Risky Operation at Fukushima Demands World Action On Monday the process to remove over 400 tons of spent fuel began at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant in Japan. The delicate rod removal is an unprecedented procedure that Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO), the company that operates the plant, has continually reassured the world that it can handle. But after years of obfuscation by TEPCO, ever since the tsunami and earthquake that laid waste to parts of Fukushima in March 2011, nuclear researcher and activist Harvey Wasserman of nukefree.org, doesn’t want to give the company another chance. The fuel rods at Reactor Number Four, can’t heat up, be exposed to air or break without releasing deadly gas, says Wasserman, but the cooling pool they’ve been resting in is leaky and potentially corroded by seawater and it’s feared it could not withstand another tremor or quake. The cooling pool is also 100 feet up: “These rods have to be brought to the ground. It’s never been done under these kinds of circumstances.” Says Wasserman. “I believe we got better information from the Soviet Union about Chernobyl than we’re getting from TEPCO and the Japanese about Fukushima,” He told GRITtv. Earlier this month, Wasserman and colleagues Jill Stein and Margaret Flowers of the Green Shadow Cabient delivered a petition bearing 150,000 names to the UN, demanding that the world community come together to take the Fukushima clean-up out of TEPCO’s hands. For an interview with Jill Stein on this an other Green matters click here.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» SUNDAY FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA on NBC Broncos @ Patriots 8:30 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on ESPN 49ers @ Redskins 8:30 pm et »»» TURKEY DAY NFL TRIPLEHEADER FOX 12:30 pr et Packers @ Lions; CBS 4:30 pm et Raiders @ Cowboys; NBC 8:30 pm et Steelers @ Ravens
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! Pvt. Manning attorney to speak in LA, Oakland, Seattle November 19, 2013. By the Private Manning Support Network. David Coombs, attorney for American prisoner of conscience US Army Pvt. Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning, will speak at three upcoming West Coast events hosted by the Private Manning Support Network. ..... AND Update 11/16/13: Whistleblowers Snowden, Manning and Miranda suffer under the legacy of President Bush, but 60% of Germans consider Snowden a hero A writer for Slate Magazine questions why whistleblowers who leak government secrets are automatically treated as terrorists. In Germany, a poll shows that while trust in the US government is dropping, admiration for Edward Snowden soars. Finally, a supporter makes a simple appeal that you respect Chelsea's transgender identity, while recognizing it is only part of who she is. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,292 US Military Dead as of Nov 22, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media at informationclearinghouse R.I.P. Peter Wintonick "Manufacturing Consent" Director Peter Wintonick Dead at 60
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Intelligence Committee Vice Chair Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga.
• Foreign Relations Committee member Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va.
• Facebook CEO and FWD.us founder Mark Zuckerberg
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News’ Cokie Roberts, Democratic strategist and ABC News contributor Donna Brazile, ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol.
• Sunday Spotlight: author and poet Dr. Maya Angelou discusses her latest work “Mom & Me & Mom,” and her lifetime achievement recognition at the National Book Awards this week.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer - This Sunday on Face the Nation, we’ll conclude our coverage of the 50th Anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and its impact on America.
• Clint Hill, the Secret Service Agent assigned to Jackie Kennedy
• excerpt from my interview with LBJ’s daughter Luci Baines Johnson
• House Whips, Steny Hoyer, D-Md., and Kevin McCarthy, R- Calif.
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times’ David Sanger, Reuters Columnist David Rohde, who has written a fascinating piece on Secretary of State John Kerry for the Atlantic, Wall Street Journal columnist Kim Strassel and CBS News Political Director John Dickerson.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 60 Minutes apologizes for Benghazi report
• Federal agents on Whitey Bulger's capture
• PTSD victims progressing with innovative therapy
• Malcolm Gladwell: Inside the outsider
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Meet the Press will not air Sunday, Nov. 24, due to NBC's Coverage of Formula 1 Racing
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines and at noon ET.
• Rep. Ed Royce, R-Calif.
• Eliot Engel, D-N.Y.; Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.
• Ron Johnson, R-Wis.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY! Including a H.O.R.N. listener roundtable! Pull up a cold one! Listen NOW HERE - Friday, November 22nd, 2013 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - November 21, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Impasse at the UN climate summit as developing nations walk out of negotiations; Just 90 companies responsible for most of man-made global warming emissions; 'Apocalyptic' rains strike again, this time in Sardinia; PLUS: Didja hear the one about the Polish environment minister who was fired in the middle of the UN climate summit in Poland? ... All of those hot messes and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Shell Oil's self-imposed carbon pollution tax would crash coal; Superstorms cause spike in flood insurance rates; Jbets on hydrogen fuel cell-powered cars; 'Welcome to Las Vegas' sign goes solar; 70 taken ill after California chemical plant leak; Tesla: "3 fires received more headlines than 250k gasoline fires"; 'Digesting' food waste turns trash into cash; Developed countries spent $35 billion on coal plants since 2007 ... PLUS: BP back in the Gulf with largest-ever oil fleet ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - November 19, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Rare and deadly November tornado outbreak in US; Record and extreme weather disasters on the rise; Dangerous cleanup operation begins at Fukushima; PLUS: UN climate treaty negotiations stall ... All those dots connected and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Warren: GOP 'Rigging the Courts' With Filibuster In floor speech, MA Senator says Republican minority in Senate continuing 30-year effort to help pack the courts, remake our judicial system by blocking Democratic nominees...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Howard Kurtz: Fox' Selective Benghazi Media Critic Howie correctly notes CBS' 60 Minutes owes more explanation for bogus Benghazi report, but completely ignores unretracted Fox 'News' Benghazi reports from same bogus source...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Corporate Espionage Report Cites U.S. Chamber's Plot Against BRAD BLOG Says nation's largest corporations and trade groups use 'highly unethical, illegal tools' against non-profits. Yup, we noticed...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Senate Majority Invokes 'Democracy Option' Change to filibuster rules - abused at an unprecedented level by Republicans - may finally restore a measure of Constitutional balance to all three branches of government..
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 21 Nov 2013 PBC News & Comment: Finally, Senate Dems Blow Up the Filibuster The Stranglers open today’s podcast with Nuclear Device, as Senate Democrats finally blow up filibuster, restore majority rule. About time!….
• PBC News & Comment 22 Nov 2013 PBC News & Comment: Waves of JFK Nostalgia Drift Over the Homeland 50 years after JFK assassination, we get tons of coverage with ounces of news and no evidence of lessons learned……
• PBC Standard Podcast Nov. 20, 2013Investigative Report Beau Hodai Exposes “OpenMIND” Web Surveillance Program by “Homeland Security”
• PBC Standard Podcast Nov. 21, 2013 How Many Secret Files Did Snowden Get? Whistleblowers Bill Binney and Russell Tice Explain Why NSA Doesn’t Know
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Nov. 22, 2013 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Senator Bernie Sanders will be here to tell us about his fight for a living wage for American workers.
• Lori Wallach from Public Citizen will give us the latest on the Trans Pacific Partnership.
• Best-selling author Cliff Schecter will discuss the CBS Benghazi scandal, and how it is the perfect example of the mainstream media’s incompetence.
• Rebekah Wilce from the Center for Media and Democracy will explain how a shadowy group called the State Policy Network is pulling the strings for the GOP on the state level.
• And blogger Chauncey DeVega will explain how opposition to gun control measures has been linked to racist attitudes.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Nov 23, 2013 Sundays at NOON!
»» This week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV, we’ll be re-visiting Mike Papantonio and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.’s discussion on the history of corporate fraud against the government. Tune in to learn the sordid history of corrupt corporations like Halliburton, UBS, Merck, and many others.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on November 9, 2013 by Joshua Schwitzerlett - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on November 23, 2013 by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• VIDEO! Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. discusses JFK’s Legacy (VIDEO) Today marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Ring of Fire’s Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and Sam Seder discuss his legacy, including his history surrounding the Cold War, Cuban Missile Crisis, and Vietnam.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Subsidizing The Rich at the Expense of the Poor (VIDEO) This segment originally aired on the November 17th, 2013 episode of Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV. America has become a welfare state, but not in the way Republicans want you to think. We hand out billions of dollars in corporate welfare every year, and to pay for that, we cut back on the aid to those who are in the most need. Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio talks about this with author Les Leopold.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 11/18/13 Cheney Family Feud, Unemployment Horrors & Elite Calls For Social Security Cuts
• TUESDAY 11/19/13 Mariah Blake: The Sun Myung Moon Cult & The Rise of Conservatism
• WEDNESDAY 11/20/13 Diane Ravitch: Reign of Error: The Hoax of the Privatization Movement and the Danger to America's Public Schools
• THURSDAY 11/21/13 Robert F. Kennedy Jr: John F. Kennedy's Vision of Peace
• FRIDAY 11/22/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Jimmy Dore
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• VIDEO! QE means ‘grapes’ for a few privileged monkeys (all you need to know about Fed policy is 2 1/2 minutes) by maxkeiser
• Dollar’s 30 Year Slide May Be Gold’s New Life: 2014 Outlook by Mark O'Byrne - And yet gold still seems to be stuck in a downtrend. This week’s sell off may have been due to trading shenanigans on the COMEX and many, including the UK Financial Regulator are asking questions as to whether gold price rigging is taking place.....
• THE ONCE IN A LIFETIME GOLD TRADE by The Doc - The conditions in the market are setting up for a once in a lifetime gold trade. Investors need to realize that when the Fed can no longer prop up the stock indexes, bond markets, and the overall economic system, we will have an implosion of paper assets and explosion in the value of gold (and silver). Once this trade takes place, it won’t happen again. We are presently sitting at two market extremes…. a bloated blue chip stock index that moves higher from the very QE gas emanating from the Fed, while gold has been pushed down like a huge balloon underwater. At some point in time, the popping of one will release force of the other. Very few know it… but the Once in a lifetime Gold Trade is being set up right now. Click here for more on the Once in a lifetime Gold Trade!
• VIDEO! NEWSNIGHT: Bitcoin — the future, or a bubble waiting to burst?
Read more at http://www.maxkeiser.com/#IkSBWFlFycM7JzJj.99 by Stacy Herbert - BBC NEWSNIGHT: Watch @MaxKeiser at the top of his game schooling CEO Jeremy Cook of legacy player @World_First http://youtu.be/VvIaD8LryZ0
• KEISER REPORT [KR525] Keiser Report: Art Market Melt-Up We discuss the melt up in the art market as the very wealth scramble for safe havens from the taxpayers angry at the billions in free money they’ve been given. They also discuss financial irrigation, amputated gold and a special mince meat pie and Jamie stew for Christmas. In the second half, Max interviews Jim Rickards, author of Currency Wars, about central bank vaporware, straws in the dollar wind and about how Janet Yellen is to Ben Bernanke as Miley Cyrus is to Lady Gaga – trashier than the original.
• KEISER REPORT [KR526] Keiser Report: Bitcoin is Beautiful (meet the man with $70,000,000 in Bitcoins) We discuss bitcoin barbarians at the gate as U.S. cedes dominance to China and as nations and people around the world reject U.S. made technology due to NSA spying. In the second half, Max interviews Karl Gray and Austin Craig about the documentary film, Life On Bitcoin, and about the latest in crypto-currencies, including Litecoin.
• KEISER REPORT [KR527] Keiser Report: Gold, Silver, Bitcoin FTW! We discuss QE as the meals on wheels for over-leveraged, consum-oholic debt addicts with Ben Bernanke as the pusher with a story to tell which is that ‘cheap money is good’ for buying depreciating assets like cars and where ‘gold slamdowns’ are meted out to those who refuse to stay intoxicated on that cheap money. In the second half, Max interviews Barry Silbert of Second Market and BitcoinTrust.co about the future of bitcoin in terms of regulation, market dominance and how the transaction network will change the way people think of money.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS YouTube is down but The Truth About Markets with Max ‘Get Down’ Keiser is here! Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up, and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream.......
• Scott Horton Radio Show 10/28/13 Michael Swanson: Michael Swanson is the author of The War State: The Cold War Origins Of The Military-Industrial Complex And The Power Elite, 1945-1963. This is the third interview in a series of in-depth discussions about the book.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 11/18/13 Ray McGovern: Former CIA analyst Ray McGovern discusses the New York Times’ dismissive attitude toward Iran’s sovereign and NPT right to enrich uranium; how the US intelligence community prevented the Bush administration from starting a war with Iran in 2007; Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Dempsey’s refusal to back up Obama on Syrian intervention following the deadly gas attack in Damascus; and why Israel continues sabotaging any US diplomatic overtures with Iran.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 11/19/13 Jennifer Turner: Jennifer Turner, Human Rights Researcher for the ACLU’s Human Rights Program, discusses the ACLU report “A Living Death: Life Without Parole for Nonviolent Offenses;” the broad support for reforming mandatory minimum sentencing laws; extreme racial disparity in sentencing; and the excessive power of prosecutors.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 11/20/13 Sheldon Richman: Sheldon Richman, vice president of The Future of Freedom Foundation, discusses why the US isn’t leaving Afghanistan in 2014 as long expected; Benjamin Netanyahu’s appeal to all the world’s Jews to oppose US-Iran rapprochement; and the blatant lies told by White House Press Secretary Jay Carney.
• Visit his blog Stress. See ScottHorton.org for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin (R)
• Sen Bob Corker (R-TN)
• Sen Ben Cardin (D-MD)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml