Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Halloween 2014 Preview Sunday! Last week NYT columnist PAUL KRUGMAN posted an essay in Rolling Stone In Defense of Obama .......But now the shoe is on the other foot: Obama faces trash talk left, right and center – literally – and doesn't deserve it. Despite bitter opposition, despite having come close to self-inflicted disaster, Obama has emerged as one of the most consequential and, yes, successful presidents in American history. His health reform is imperfect but still a huge step forward – and it's working better than anyone expected. Financial reform fell far short of what should have happened, but it's much more effective than you'd think. Economic management has been half-crippled by Republican obstruction, but has nonetheless been much better than in other advanced countries. And environmental policy is starting to look like it could be a major legacy. I'll go through those achievements shortly. First, however, let's take a moment to talk about the current wave of Obama-bashing. All Obama-bashing can be divided into three types. One, a constant of his time in office, is the onslaught from the right, which has never stopped portraying him as an Islamic atheist Marxist Kenyan. Nothing has changed on that front, and nothing will. There's a different story on the left, where you now find a significant number of critics decrying Obama as, to quote Cornel West, someone who ''posed as a progressive and turned out to be counterfeit.'' They're outraged that Wall Street hasn't been punished, that income inequality remains so high, that ''neoliberal'' economic policies are still in place. All of this seems to rest on the belief that if only Obama had put his eloquence behind a radical economic agenda, he could somehow have gotten that agenda past all the political barriers that have con- strained even his much more modest efforts. It's hard to take such claims seriously. Finally, there's the constant belittling of Obama from mainstream pundits and talking heads. Turn on cable news (although I wouldn't advise it) and you'll hear endless talk about a rudderless, stalled administration, maybe even about a failed presidency. Such talk is often buttressed by polls showing that Obama does, indeed, have an approval rating that is very low by historical standards. But this bashing is misguided even in its own terms – and in any case, it's focused on the wrong thing. ....... Read on for more Krugster at Rolling Stone. We at Brick TeeVee fall into Krugman's Category #2 ''posed as a progressive and turned out to be counterfeit''. Push-back on Krugman came quickly and the BTV Editors grabbed a few. First off we go to Bill Black with a detailed examination at NewEconomicPerspectives.com Krugman’s Bashes Progressives for Criticizing Obama on Grounds that He Criticizes Obama ......... Krugman does not, in this column, explain the consequences and implications of the disaster that Obama tried so hard to inflict on us. First, it would help the reader to inform them that achieving the Grand Bargain became Obama’s top domestic priority. It would have aided the reader for Krugman to explain that as part of the Grand Bargain Obama was also trying to inflict austerity on the U.S. in response to the Great Recession. Had Obama succeeded he would have thrown the Nation back into a second Great Recession – for the reasons that Krugman has often explained. This would have doomed his reelection chances and caused catastrophic losses to the Democratic Party in other 2012 elections. Readers doubtless would have found it useful to know that that Obama ran for office on the promise of protecting Social Security and Medicare from the cuts he sought to inflict. They also would find it useful to know that once Obama legitimized attacking the safety net programs it would make them fair game for unilateral Republican attacks on the safety net when they took control of the White House. Krugman blames Obama’s effort to enter into the Grand Betrayal as occurring because Obama was “naïve.” He presents no support for that claim. Contemporaneous press accounts – based on leaks from the White House – revealed that Obama was motivated by a desire for fame. The Grand Bargain was to be his legacy and the fact that the Grand Bargain betrayed his supporters was the factor that demonstrated that he was a statesman. Democratic Presidents establish that they are “serious” by publicly betraying and deriding their progressive base. Krugman defines Obama’s critics as illegitimate. Krugman labels Obama’s critics as engaging in “Obama-bashing.” Krugman goes on to label progressive critics of Obama as “Obama-bash[ers]” by mischaracterizing the criticisms and then dismissing straw man arguments that he crafts as not requiring refutation because the criticisms are obviously not “serious.” ...............In this column I’ll address only the portion of Krugman’s arguments for which I have some expertise........ Black's critique is very long so do read this after reading Krudman's piece. Also very long is this item from Thomas Frank at Salon.com Thomas Frank: Paul Krugman’s sloppy, wet kiss Paul Krugman is easily the best newspaper columnist at work today; for years, he has been the only American columnist who matters. His relentless, one-man war on austerity, I believe, should have earned him a second Nobel Prize. As Salon readers know, Krugman has for years been willing to criticize the Obama administration. However, in a much-discussed essay the economist published in Rolling Stone last week, he reverses himself and declares that Obama has won him over; that the president is “one of the most consequential and, yes, successful presidents in American history.” What makes Krugman’s article peculiar is that he now derides as irresponsible “Obama-bashing” some of the very criticisms of the administration that he himself has made over the years........ Very good with lots of links Thomas Frank pulls from Krugman's own writings so read this in whole as well!
Our own MADDY finds out how the Humble spud poised to launch a world food revolution Dutch team is pioneering development of crops fed by sea water - In a small army field-hut Dr Arjen de Vos shows off his irrigation machine with pride. Pipes lead out to several acres of muddy field, where only a few stragglers from the autumn harvest of potatoes, salads, carrots and onions are left. The tubes are lined with copper to stop corrosion because – in a move that defies everything we think we know about farming – de Vos is watering his plants with diluted sea water. Las week the project beat 560 competitors from 90 countries to win the prestigious USAid grand challenge award for its salt-tolerant potato. “It’s a game changer,” said de Vos. “We don’t see salination as a problem, we see it as an opportunity.”........... Sez MADDY "Two observations: These spuds are non GMO. #hallelujah And, if the human race is to be saved, it will be in no small part due to people who live in countries other than the US of A.". Indeed! We see pre-salted French Fries in our future! Now for the REALLY SCARY STUFF! If you missed NYT's James Risen on DN! go back and watch James Risen Prepared to "Pay Any Price" to Report on War on Terror Amid Crackdown on Whistleblowers AND James Risen on NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden: He Sparked a New National Debate on Surveillance. NOW check out Thom Hartmann's Conversations w/Great Minds P1 - James Risen - How Billions Meant for Iraq Vanished Without a Trace AND Conversations w/Great Minds P2 - James Risen - The Quiet Military Industrial Rich PLUS Conversations w/Great Minds P3 - James Risen - Did Saudi Arabia Finance 9/11. Then read Risen's latest Investigation Into Missing Iraqi Cash Ended in Lebanon Bunker WASHINGTON — Not long after American forces defeated the Iraqi government of Saddam Hussein in 2003, caravans of trucks began to arrive at Andrews Air Force Base outside Washington on a regular basis, unloading an unusual cargo — pallets of shrink-wrapped $100 bills. The cash, withdrawn from Iraqi government accounts held in the United States, was loaded onto Air Force C-17 transport planes bound for Baghdad, where the Bush administration hoped it would provide a quick financial infusion for Iraq’s new government and the country’s battered economy. Over the next year and a half, $12 billion to $14 billion was sent to Iraq in the airlift, and an additional $5 billion was sent by electronic transfer. Exactly what happened to that money after it arrived in Baghdad became one of the many unanswered questions from the chaotic days of the American occupation, when billions were flowing into the country from the United States and corruption was rampant. Finding the answer became first the job and then the obsession of Stuart W. Bowen Jr., a friend from Texas of President George W. Bush who in 2004 was appointed to serve as a special inspector general to investigate corruption and waste in Iraq. Before his office was finally shut down last year, Mr. Bowen believed he might have succeeded — but only partly — in that mission. Much of the money was probably used by the Iraqi government in some way, he concluded. But for years Mr. Bowen could not account for billions more until his investigators finally had a breakthrough, discovering that $1.2 billion to $1.6 billion had been stolen and moved to a bunker in rural Lebanon for safe keeping. “I don’t know how the money got to Lebanon,” Mr. Bowen said. “If I knew that, we would have made more progress on the case.”........... Good on JAMES RISEN for continuing to throw bricks at the wealthy and powerful despite threats of jail over his reporting of a botched intelligence operation that ended up spilling nuclear secrets to Iran calling the Obomber Administration “the greatest enemy of press freedom in a generation”. Get Risen's new book "Pay Any Price: Greed, Power, and Endless War" aka Yer Tax Dollars At Work donchaknow. Norman Soloman has this review at Alternet.com James Risen Challenges the Greed, Power and Endless War of the National Security State. Next up in the SCARY Dept. is the new docu-drama KILL THE MESSENGER based on the VERY REAL story GARY WEBB uncovered about the Iran-Contra-LA-crackcocaine-drugs-for-weapons-cia-olivernorth TRUE STORY called “Dark Alliance” and published on the then-new nacent internet by the San Jose Mercury News with links to documents and more. Here' is a copy of the original Gary Webb reporting: The Dark Alliance: Gary Webb's Incendiary 1996 SJ Mercury News Exposé. After an entire generation some things the corporomedia can never let go and this is one TRUTH they CANNOT let go. We go to The Rancid Honeytrap for a dissection of the media blowback Misremembering Gary Webb I suppose I shouldn’t be shocked that eighteen years after Dark Alliance was published, the release of a film about investigative journalist Gary Webb would inspire a new round of smears. Nevertheless, I am. In my last post I stressed how the government’s own investigations largely vindicated Gary Webb’s series. Implicit in this, of course, is the obvious point that these investigations only took place because of his reporting. By any normal human standard, that makes him uniquely accomplished as journalists go, and you’d think our media culture might see some practical merit in unequivocally recognizing that, if only to market their own commitment to the truth while neatly compartmentalizing Contra drug trafficking and Webb’s ostracism as uniquely Reaganesque. That Webb is still being smeared almost two decades after “Dark Alliance” on the pages of the New York Times, The Washington Post and by ‘advocacy’ simulacra like The Intercept, shows how little chance elites are willing to take in validating a bullshit-proof purchase on reality. Of course, Webb’s story remains highly combustible because it is singularly rich in valuable lessons: that the Intelligence Community executes policy objectives without even the pretense of oversight or ethical constraints; that the Drug War clearly has never been about preventing drug abuse; that the intelligence apparatus regards poor, black Americans with the same murderous contempt it regards Nicaraguan socialists and anyone else of no use to the ruling class; and that the mainstream media is a fraud, a highly sophisticated instrument of ruling class disinformation that can shift into propaganda overdrive whenever conditions require it. Many of the leading players in elite journalism’s own dark alliance with the CIA to destroy Webb continue to ply their trade — Walter Pincus, Howard Kurtz, Tim Weiner and Tim Golden among others –and that itself, apart from everything else, limits how much fault any socially and professionally savvy reporter can find. The system of rewards and punishment that fortifies those mens’ long careers and destroyed Webb’s now guides discussion of his legacy. Among the first to obediently tailor a Kill The Messenger tie-in to these constraints was The Intercept‘s Ryan Devereaux — discussed in my last post — and after publication of his velvet-gloved hit piece, journalists in higher places followed suit. .............. By far, the best antidote to new injections of old poison is getting the true measure of Dark Alliance and its aftermath, which is enduringly fascinating, revealing and horrifying. It also provides an instructive backdrop to the pernicious clowning of the Celebrity Left. The difference between Webb’s courageous interrogation of racism and power and the exhausting banality of Greenwald’s one-note showboating, the careerist narcissism of Weevgate, and the bad faith of David Graeber’s anarcho-imperialism could not be more stark. So, inspired by a friend who solicited resources on Webb, I’m providing the following links to things I used in writing my last post and some good material I’ve discovered since. I recommend starting with “Dark Alliance” itself. The Democracy Now interviews and the Cockburn/St. Clair excerpt from their book Whiteout are particularly worth your time. The Huffington Post surprisingly stands out as doing the best reporting to tie in with the film by far and both pieces listed below are worth reading. I invite people to share other resources that I can add via updates........ Go there NOW and tell yer peeps! And See The Movie "KILL THE MESSENGER" NOW! Joanne Laurier also reviews The Gary Webb story in Kill the Messenger: Shedding light on CIA criminality and conspiracy. Good item! Our last Halloween Preview is the new docu-drama by LAURA POITRAS citizenfour which opened in selected cities this weekend which documents the trails and travails of the Edward Snowden revelations on the global network of U.S. spying on EVERYBODY and their data collection methods, most if not all still in operation! GO SEE THIS MOVIE! Watch Laura Poitras on DN! Citizenfour: Inside Story of NSA Leaker Edward Snowden Captured in New Film by Laura Poitras and the follow-up with The Intercept's Jermy Scahill Jeremy Scahill: Blackwater Execs Remain Free as Guards Convicted for Killing 14 Iraqis in Massacre It's very brief and Jeremy covers a whole lot of ground in minutes so best to read his piece Blackwater Founder Remains Free and Rich While His Former Employees Go Down on Murder Charges. Scahill is pretty much the go-to expert on Blackwater so pick up his book Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army and of course his Academy Award nominated film Dirty Wars. The cover-ups continue to this day for war crimes as outlined by The Guardian's Trevor Timm The truth about torture is Obama never wants you to find it: If America is so opposed to Bush-era atrocities, why does it keep covering up the evidence to protect the CIA? So there you have it and we've only scratched the surface of the criminality, obfuscation and coverups that have happened in the past decade and ARE HAPPENING RIGHT NOW under the guise of "spreading democracy". If you still watch, read or listen to gummint-bought papers and media TURN OFF YER TEEVEE and stick to Brick TeeVee for REAL news and opinion! The BTV compound is shaping up nicely for our 1st Annual All Hallow's Eve Heavy Metal Costume Ball! Get yer flyers here!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Anita Sarkeesian, media critic and executive director of Feminist Frequency "Women Are Being Driven Offline": Feminist Anita Sarkeesian Terrorized for Critique of Video Games
- Olga Kravtsova & Jon Alpert co-directors of the “Media Enabled Musketeers” Media Enabled Musketeers: Russian & American Filmmakers with Disabilities Document Shared Struggles
- Richard Falk, just completed a six-year term as United Nations special rapporteur on Palestinian human rights After Ignoring ISIS Assault on Kobani, U.S. Launches Major Strikes & Arms Turkey’s Kurdish Foes
- More Richard Falk Former U.N. Special Rapporteur Richard Falk on the Legitimacy of Hope in the Palestinian Struggle
- Noelle Hanrahan, investigative journalist and the founder and producer of Prison Radio Mumia Abu-Jamal Speaks Out from Jail on New Pennsylvania Law Silencing Prisoners
- Noam Chomsky In U.N. Speech, Noam Chomsky Blasts United States for Supporting Israel, Blocking Palestinian State
- Noam Chomsky Noam Chomsky at United Nations: It Would Be Nice if the United States Lived up to International Law
- Film-maker Laura Poitras Citizenfour: Inside Story of NSA Leaker Edward Snowden Captured in New Film by Laura Poitras
- The Intercept's Jeremy Scahill Jeremy Scahill: Blackwater Execs Remain Free as Guards Convicted for Killing 14 Iraqis in Massacre
- Elena Sokova, executive director of the Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Obama Promised a "World Without Nuclear Weapons," But May Now Spend $1 Trillion on Upgrades
- Robert Kelley, associated senior research fellow at the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute Former Weapons Inspector in Iraq Questions Claims that Iran Hiding Nuclear Tests
- Robert Kelley, associated senior research fellow at the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute European Privacy in the Age of Snowden: We Need a Debate About What Intelligence Agencies Are Doing
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» VIDEO OF THE WEEK Debunking the Gandhi Myth: Arundhati Roy On The Laura Flanders Show: Author/activist Arundhati Roy on the Annihilation of Caste, B.R. Ambedkar and the Western myth of Mahatma Gandhi. And Glenn Greenwald addresses diversity concerns about his new media venture TheIntercept.com......... more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Martinsville pres. by AutoZone! Coverage begins at 1:30 pm et »»» FOOTBALL NIGHT on NBC Packers @ Saints 8:30 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on ESPN Washington @ Cowboys 8:30 pm et »»» MLB WORLD SERIES on FOX It's the San Francisco Giants vs. Kansas City Royals in this year's Fall Classic! Last two games at Kaufman Stadium Tue & Wed. All games begin at 8:07 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet The Federal Communications Commission is proposing rules that would kill — rather than protect — Net Neutrality and allow rampant discrimination online. Under these rules, telecom giants like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon would be able to pick winners and losers online and discriminate against online content and applications. And no one would be able to do anything about it. We must stop the FCC from moving forward with these rules, which would give the green light to ISPs eager to crush Net Neutrality. The agency can preserve Net Neutrality only by designating broadband as a telecommunications service under the law. Anything else is an attack on our rights to connect and communicate. Tell FCC Chairman Wheeler to throw out his proposed rules. Demand nothing less than real Net Neutrality. SIGN NOW at Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet at freepress.net NOW. Join the Day of Action on May 15! The Internet will rise up online and take to the streets. SIGN UP HERE to learn more!
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Chelsea Manning on containing ISIS in Guardian op-ed September 16, 2014. Chelsea Manning's Guardian op-ed, "How to make ISIS fall on its own sword" ....... AND Chelsea Manning receives Courageous Peacemaking Award October 22, 2014 . The Center for Conscience in Action will honor Chelsea Manning and Oklahoma peacemakers in a program on Sunday, October 26 .......
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
• House Homeland Security Committee Chair Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas
• Former National Counterterrorism Center Director Matthew Olsen
• Texas Land Commissioner candidate George P. Bush
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., former New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, Echelon Insights co-founder and Daily Beast contributor Kristen Soltis Anderson, and ESPN senior writer LZ Granderson
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
• CBS Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Jon LaPook
• Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., House Intelligence Committee chaiman
• ROUNDTABLE I: Mike Morell, former deputy director of the CIA and a CBS News contributor, David Ignatius of the Washington Post, and CBS News Foreign Correspondent Clarissa Ward
• ROUNDTABLE II: CBS News Elections Director Anthony Salvanto, CBS News Congressional Correspondent Nancy Cordes, CBS News Political Director John Dickerson, David Leonhardt, editor of The New York Times The Upshot and Amy Walter of the Cook Political Report
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• October 26 at 7:30 p.m. ET and 7 p.m. PT
• Breeding out disease - Genetic testing and in vitro fertilization are making it possible for scientists to weed out dangerous and often deadly diseases from the gene pool
• Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl seeks the roots of American music for a project that brought him to New Orleans
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Senator Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.
• Senator Rob Portman, R-Ohio
• Dr. Rick Sacra, the American doctor successfully treated for Ebola he contracted while working in Liberia.
• ROUNDTABLE: tba
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Dr. Anthony Fauci, director the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif
• Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif.
• Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla.
• Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee
• ROUNDTABLE: CNN Political Commentators Newt Gingrich and Stephanie Cutter join The Hill's A.B. Stoddard and political predictor Sam Wang.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! Featuring the Malloy/H.O.R.N. Skype Group! Listen here NOW! Friday, October 24th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - October 21, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Rep. Paul Ryan backs away - sort of - from outright climate science denial; Have we reached peak climate change denial?; Turns out natural gas isn't a bridge fuel to a low-emissions future; PLUS: Did a U.S. defense contractor really invent a compact nuclear fusion reactor? Separating fact from fiction... All that and more in today's Green News Report! ..... IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link) Appalachian transition: coalfield residents must help themselves to diversify; Green groups sue over EPA GMO pesticide approval; Hanford nuclear workers reveal shoddy practices; Fact and fiction on the Arctic methane bomb; Risks of cheap water; Los Angeles mayor orders water cuts of 20% amid historic drought; Can Africa bypass the pollution phase of development?; Russian natgas shutdown would not hurt Europe; Autism again linked to air pollution ... PLUS: In Wisconsin, Dark Money Got A Mining Company What It Wanted... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - October 14, 2014 Coal wins Kentucky's U.S. Senate debate!; Pentagon warns climate change an immediate threat to national security; East Coast cities could see daily flooding from rising seas within 30 years; Wind power the cheapest source of energy; PLUS: It's official: September 2014 was the hottest September on record globally (Don't tell Fox 'News'!)... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! 'BradCast': Special Coverage of WI, TX, AR Photo ID Rulings Trouble keeping up with the on-again/off-again court rulings on GOP voter suppression laws? Brad tries to make sense of it all for ya...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! SCOTUS ALLOWS TEXAS' DISCRIMINATORY GOP PHOTO ID LAW TO USED IN MIDTERMS Despite uncontested findings striking down the law as a racially-motivated, 'unconstitutional poll tax', it will be implemented this year...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Congresswoman Sets Impeachment Deadline for Federal Judge Mark Fuller ALSO: Court unseals divorce docs from first marriage, Fuller attorney dismisses abuse allegations as 'rhetorical questions'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Justice Ginsburg Republishes TX Photo ID Law Dissent After BRAD BLOG Cites Error Turns out U.S. Veterans' Affairs ID can be used to vote under new GOP voting restrictions in TX. Official SCOTUS opinion updated...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Christie: GOP Governors Needs to Control 'Voting Mechanisms' in 2016 NJ Governor and 2016 Presidential hopeful offers interesting reason why Republicans in three key states need to win in 2014...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Touch-Screens Flip 'No' to 'Yes' on TN Abortion Measure After the state GOP repealed the law to move to paper ballots, votes now reportedly flipping again on a controversial Amendment to the state Constitution...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Emergency Appeals Filed at SCOTUS to Restore Voting Rights to 600,000 in TX GOP Photo ID law, which lower court found intentionally discriminatory, is different from recent cases before High Court, say plaintiffs...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 16 Oct 2014 PBC News & Comment: Pennsylvania Shreds First Amendment in Effort to Silence Mumia Abu-Jamal Pennsylvania shreds First Amendment with new law aimed at silencing Mumia Abu-Jamal; hear Mumia’s reaction and comments from Noelle Hanrahan
• PBC News & Comment 22 Oct 2014 PBC News & Comment: Attacks in Ottawa, Jerusalem Draw Quick Tags of “Terrorism” Before we have any real evidence, officials in Canada and Israel are branding recent attacks as “terrorism”; let’s wait-and-see……
• PBC News & Comment 16 Oct 2014 PBC News & Comment: Super-Secret Stingray Surveillance System isn’t Secret in Charlotte Anymore Charlotte’s Observer exposes use of Stingray cellphone dragnet system, not limited to terrorism cases as local officials thought…..
• PBC News & Comment 17 Oct 2014 PBC News & Comment: U2’s Bono Apologizes to iTunes Users, and Many Important Stories, Too! Bono’s apology, plus exposure of possible corruption at top of NSA, Stingray deployed in Washington, DC–lots to report today…..
• PBC Standard Podcast October 22 2014 Outspoken Katha Pollitt Stands Up for Abortion Rights with Her New Book, “Pro” Columnist and author Katha Pollitt dropped by the secret studio for this in-depth interview about the renewed struggle over abortion rights and birth control.
• PBC Standard Podcast October 24, 2014 Hear Mumia Abu-Jamal Denounce Pennsylvania’s Unconstitutional Gag Law Noelle Hanrahan of Prison Radio explains the new law that was rammed through the legislature and signed today by the desperate governor of Pennsylvania, aimed at silencing Mumia Abu-Jamal.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire October 16, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on August 9, 2014 by Ring of Fire - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! Glenn Greenwald: Why Privacy Matters by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• VIDEO! George Carlin Knew the Truth About Republicans
• With Governor’s Race in a Dead Heat, RNC Co-Chair Basically Calls Wisconsin Voters Stupid by Amy Eddings - Sharon Day, co-chair of the Republican National Committee (RNC), recently insulted Wisconsin voters while speaking about the tight governor’s race at a Republican Party field office in Waukesha. On Monday, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Day told the audience, “It’s not going to be an easy election; it’s a close election. Like I said, much closer than I can even understand why.” “I don’t want to say anything about your Wisconsin voters,” said Day, “but some of them might not be as sharp as a knife.”
• VIDEO! Thom Hartmann: Fukushima Radiation Testing Positive on the West Coast by Ring of Fire
• Chris Christie Says GOP Can Only Win If They Control Who Votes by Guest Blogger
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 10/20/14 Dani McClain: Why Black Women Are the Voting Bloc to Watch in the Midterms & Brianna Wu: GamerGate
• TUESDAY 10/21/14 James Risen: Pay Any Price: Greed, Power, and Endless War
• WEDNESDAY 10/22/14 Chris Christie Sick of the Minimum Wage?, Ebola Craziness & Your Problems With Sam
• THURSDAY 10/23/14 Carne Ross: A Post Corporate World? & #GamerGate
• FRIDAY 10/24/14 Cliff Schecter & Richard Kind: Casual Friday!
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Goldman and Blackstone Enter Spanish Real Estate – Pain and Suffering for Poor People Immediately Ensues by Michael Krieger — Less than a month ago, I warned the people of Spain that U.S. financial oligarchs had their sights set on the nation. The post was titled, BTVYour Wall Street Slumlord Arrives in Europe – Goldman and Other Financial Firms Launch “Buy to Rent” in Spain. The effects are already being felt across the poor areas of Madrid. Read the rest HERE
• Unveiled Threat: A Personal Experience of Fundamentalist Islam and the Roots of Terrorism by Janet Tavakoli — In the world of fundamentalist Islam, a woman who refuses to submit is an unveiled threat, especially if she knows how to follow the money - In 1978, Janet Tavakoli, born and raised in the United States, moved to Iran with her husband. The large class divide, grand ambitions of the insecure Shah, discontent among religious leaders, brutality of the dictatorship, and, crucially, an old grudge against the United States, were about to spark the Islamic revolution. A year later, she left her husband and Iran behind and began her career as a globally renowned financial derivatives expert. In 1993, she was in the World Trade Center complex when terrorists detonated a bomb in the parking garage of the North Tower. In September 2014, Tavakoli asked His Excellency Iyad bin Amin Madani, Secretary General of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), why criminals from so many different countries and cultures continue to band together in the name of Islam to commit mayhem and murder authorized by the highest levels of Islamic clergy. He dodged the question. Unveiled Threat is her answer based on her personal experiences and study of the roots of terrorism. Tavakoli follows the trail of money that funds the mayhem.
• Dr Strangelove’s vision of Utopia from 1966 looks a whole lot like the UK & USA 2014 by Stacy Herbert — Stacy Summary: I’ve read this recent blog post by Adam Curtis which has left me feeling quite nauseous! The creepiest bit is the part highlighting Herman Kahn’s vision from 1966 of how to create utopia without violence. Before the clip, here is the info you should read about Herman Kahn who was the founder of the Hudson Institute, an employee of the RAND Corporation and one of the inspirations for the character Dr. Strangelove. Watch the clip here (hopefully non-UK can also watch?) in which he (along with his assistant) sets out how to create a Utopia without violence: [video] Obviously, this ‘Utopia’ has been enacted as populations have willingly given up their privacy in exchange for this ‘Utopia.’ Adam Curtis then goes on to highlight a clip with BF Skinner, also from the same 1966 film on Utopia. The film records an experiment in a mental hospital in San Bernadino – California. The patients are given rewards in the form of plastic fake money if they do what the doctors consider the right social behaviour. They can then use that money at meal-times to buy their way onto a “nice” table – with tablecloth and flowers. Those without the rewards have to eat – as one of the nurses puts it, “in less elegant conditions”. What emerges in the hospital is a new, ordered hierarchy created by a system of reward – but one where the patients don’t feel controlled – instead they feel “empowered” because it was through their actions that they received the reward. Skinner makes clear in the film that he sees this as a model for how to run a future kind of society. Watch the clip at the BBC link .................
• Metals & Markets- Silver Miner Fights Back, Takes on the Bankster Cartel! by The Doc — In this week’s Metals & Markets, The Doc & Eric Dubin break down the week’s action discussing:
»» First Majestic Silver takes on the cartel- holds back 35% of Q3 silver production- CEO Keith Neumeyer issues call for silver miners to form their own cartel to put an end once and for all to paper manipulation
»» Russian/ US Geopolitical crisis escalates- Putin warns of MAJOR CONFLICT with US, loss of reserve currency status for dollar
»» Silver market tightens- premiums are on the rise as Royal Canadian Mint begins allocating silver maples, major private mints running production delays on PHYSICAL metal
»» Gold predictably capped at $1250- whats next for gold & silver?
Read more HERE......
• KEISER REPORT [KR669] Keiser Report – Apocalypse Now We discuss the horror, the horror of the apocalyptic scenes that central bankers have wrought upon the innocent and the deranged alike. This apocalyptic aftermath of meeting the Colonel Kurtz like central bankers is an economy in which the under-30s are left behind and the pauperization of workers through inflation. We also look at the testimony in the lawsuit by Maurice ‘Hank’ Greenberg in which it was revealed that then Treasury Secretary, Hank Paulson lied to Congress! In the second half, Max interviews Mitch Feierstein of PlanetPonzi.com about how democracy has been vaporised in the UK and the result is the falling wages which have led to protests in the streets of London.
• KEISER REPORT [KR670] Keiser Report: Market Cycle Horrors We discuss the looming crisis as investors chasing yield have piled into obscure and less-liquid assets leading to sell-offs in the more liquid markets during panics as investors sell what they can. We also discuss Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac and the FHFA (Federal Housing Finance Agency) lowering bank obligations on buybacks in order to spur more subprime lending. In the second half, Max continues his interview with Mitch Feierstein of PlanetPonzi.com about financial markets on the precipice.
• KEISER REPORT [KR671] Keiser Report: Sinking British Ship We discuss the increasingly bankrupt British government as a sinking ship on George Osborne’s river of denial. We also discuss the remedy for the ‘too many poor people’ for democracy problem being global trade deals like TTIP and TPP whereby elected leaders can claim ‘their hands are tied’ by contractual obligations. In the second half, Max interviews Helena Norberg-Hodge of LocalFutures.org about the Economics of Happiness in a time of rising inequality.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Markets – 28 June 2014 Stacy Summary: We talk about bogus collateral driving global housing bubbles. Download show HERE (mp3)
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Cold Wars & Bad Facelifts Download show HERE (mp3) • Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-3 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• 10/22/14 Andrew Cockburn: Andrew Cockburn, author of Rumsfeld: His Rise, Fall, and Catastrophic Legacy, discusses his article “Flying Blind: The U.S. air-power lobby, botched bombing missions, and bootless combat.“
• 10/23/14 Shane Bauer: Shane Bauer, a reporter in Mother Jones‘ San Francisco bureau, discusses his investigation of a SWAT team training competition in the San Francisco area and his article “The Making of the Warrior Cop.”
• 10/23/14 Patrick Cockburn: Patrick Cockburn, an award-winning journalist with The Independent, discusses the US airdrop to resupply Kurdish fighters battling ISIS for control of the Syrian border town of Kobani; Turkey’s reluctance to help the Kurds; and the US’s ridiculous anti-ISIS coalition.
• 10/24/14 Peter Hart: Peter Hart, the activism director at Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting, discusses the latest media hit piece on journalist Gary Webb, who reported on the links between the CIA, the Contras, and the crack epidemic in the 1980s.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
• New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (R)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml