Brick TeeVee is a preview of the Sunday Talking Head Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media, plus some good progressive radio and who will be on which show. Blog about what you see and hear on the Sunday Gab-fests. And post stories about the outrageous claims made on Sunday. Post anything you find to debunk the CRAP you hear on Sunday Talkie CorporoMedia!
So, with no further ado, I present to you This Week's Brick TeeVee entry!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
With Super Duper Tuesday behind us, the candidates move on to Mini Tuesday in DC, Maryland and Virginia. But all the talk will be about last week's events and the speculations about how many delegates belong to whom and what the Dems will do with delegates from Florida and Michigan. Sidelined by all this blather will be the upcoming FISA legislation, administration law-breaking and continued stonewalling, torture, Iraq, Iran, the Middle East, the record-setting defense spending in the pResident's budget, the sinking economy and new record NINE TRILLION DOLLAR US Deficit. Leading the pack (and easy BRICK TARGETS) is MENSA MAN himself on the GOP Mouthpiece and TURD BLOSSOM on Face the Bob. HUCKABEE and JOE TRIPPI follow BU$H's BRAIN with Schiefer. 60 Minutes follows that up later with separate items on BARAK OBAMA (with Steve Kroft) and HILLARY CLINTON (with Katie Couric). House Leaders NANCY "Impeachment is off the table" Pelosi & JOHN "Cry me a river" BOEHNER face off with U-Boat Captain Blitzer, followed up by COLIN "244 false statements about WMD" POWELL. Govs KAINE & O'MALLEY plus Rep DAVIS & Ex-Rep DELAY banter with This George about their respective parties' dilemmas. Plenty of easy targets for brick-throwing! Stop yer head from spinning and tune into MASSA IN THE MORNING and SEDER ON SUNDAY. Also check out RING OF FIRE with discussions about asbestos lawsuits, failing US media, Religious History Month and FISA. Meanwhile, the Brick TeeVee crew, basking it their Super Bowl upset prediction, have stocked up on the necessities (beer & whiskey & carrots) for the pending Deep Freeze covering much of the Northern States. Keep warm by throwing bricks!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
Top 25 Censored news stories of 2007
Distribute to your lists!
"MINI TUESDAY" NIGHT ELECTIONS!
Who's gonna volunteer to host the Primary Results Blog this time, eh?
On tap for Tuesday Feb 12th is Virginia (83 delegates), Maryland (70 delegates) and DC (15 delegates)!
BRICK TEEVEE "We hardly knew ye" Acknowledgments
- America's Fave Used Car Salesman and Planet Mormon Talk Show Host Mitt "Headroom" Romney
- This Week (ABC)
• Gov. Tim Kaine, D-Va.
• Gov. Martin O'Malley, D-Md.
• former Rep. Tom DeLay, R-Tx.
• Rep. Tom Davis, R-Va.
• Roundtable: National Review's Byron York, ABC News consultant Donna Brazile, and ABC News' Sam Donaldson and George Will
- Face The Nation (CBS) TOPIC: 2008 Presidential Race
• Mike Huckabee, Republican Presidential Candidate
• Karl Rove, Former Advisor To President Bush
• Joe Trippi, Former Advisor To John Edwards
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Barack Obama - Steve Kroft interviews Barack Obama and 60 Minutes cameras capture the only behind-the-scenes video of the Democratic presidential candidate’s headquarters on Super Tuesday.
• Hillary Clinton - Katie Couric interviews Hillary Rodham Clinton as the race for the Democratic presidential nomination between her and Barack Obama grows tighter.
• Should We Make Cents? - The U.S. Mint is in a bind: should it continue to produce pennies and nickels whose metal content is worth more than their face value? Morley Safer reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
“It’s a TV show. If you can’t handle TV questions, how are you going to stand up to Iran, and North Korea, and the rest of the world?”
• MIKE HUCKABEE Republican Presidential Candidate
• ROUNDTABLE: DAVID BRODER Columnist, Washington Post, DAVID BRODY Senior National Correspondent, Christian Broadcasting Network, GWEN IFILL Moderator, PBS's "Washington Week", CHUCK TODD Political Director, NBC News
- Late Edition (CNN) Iraq war strategy. What is the future for U.S. troops? Wolf asks General Colin Powell in an exclusive interview. Plus, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.
• Colin Powell, Fmr. Secretary of State
• Rep. Nancy Pelosi, (D) House Speaker
• Rep. John Boehner, (R) Minority Leader
- Seder on Sunday! (Air America Radio 2.0)
Seder on Sunday! airs LIVE at 4 pm et - 1 pm pt on many Air America affiliates, including
• KPHX www.1480kphx.com in Phoenix
• KPTK www.am1090seattle.com in Seattle (archives there, too)
For more affiliates check out Sam Seder blogger Fernando's Open Mic for
SAM SEDER RADIO OUTLETS.
• Weekend Watchdog with Bill Scher
• GUESTS TBA, SammyCam, Live Blogging and your calls!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/ and http://goleft.tv/ • Bobby and Mike discuss how Exxon managed to pull in the highest corporate profits in US history, while sending the US economy into a freefall.
• Our good friend and political visionary David Bender will be here to give us his analysis of the Super Tuesday primaries, as well as his assessment of Obama, Clinton, and McCain.
• Chris Hedges will tell us all about House Resolution 888 – A bill that would make the first week of May “American Religious History Month”, in spite of the fact that America was not founded as a Christian nation.
• Media critic and columnist Elliot Cohen tells us about the latest FISA bill that Bush is threatening to veto in order to protect America’s telecommunications giants.
• We’ll hear from author and Rolling Stone chief political report Matt Taibbi about how the mainstream media is failing America with their coverage of the 2008 election.
• Attorney Bobby Blanchard is going to tell us about the ongoing legal battles over asbestos, which the US Chamber of Commerce is spending millions of dollars to halt.
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern
- "Massa In The Morning"
"Massa In The Morning" is quick, topical, smart, sometimes hilarious, and ALWAYS kind.
With co-host Bill Berry, EVERY Sunday morning from 10am til noon Eastern time!
WHHO-AM 1320 Streaming ON-LINE at http://www.hornellradio.com
(you do have to register, so go register now if you want to listen tomorrow.)
CALL IN! 607-324-2000 (yer cell phone minutes are FREE on the weekends!)
• pResident George W. Bush
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Are you going to brave the Sunday shows?
So if you're going to be watching, jot down which show you're watching,and how many minutes in it was from the beginning of the show. We'll have every moment of every show recorded. And please include the subject line "Sunday Shows" on any email tip you send in. Send tips to email@example.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©