Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Your Sunday Funnies will be grumbling about the choice of U.S. Court of Appeals Judge Sonia Sotomayor to replace Justice David Suter on the U.S. Supreme Court. Those on The Right have already claimed she's a Marxist Socialist Activist Judge, but they'd say that about Attilla the Hun. Those on The Left have beefed she's not liberal enough, to act as a counterweight to Strict Constructionist Federalist Society member-in-good-standing Tony Scalia. So let's start with Meet the David where Judiciary Committee heavyweights PATRICK LEAHY and JEFF SESSIONS slug it out. Then This George gets CHUCK SCHUMER to battle JOHN CORNYN plus on the roundtable PAUL KRUGMAN tells GEORGE WILL his tie doesn't match his socks (an indication of a blurred mind). Throw bricks at Will! King of the John gets AMY KLOBUCHAR to take on KAY BAILY HUCHTISON and MITCH MCCONNELL while Face the Bob lets JON KYL and DIANNE FEINSTEIN agree on most everything. To top it off, Fake Nooz matches up Fake Dem ARLEN SPECTOR against Closet Dem LINDSEY GRAHAM. Get real with BERNIE SANDERS and JESSIE VENTURA on Ring of Fire Radio and AntiWar Radio interview with Jim Lobe on the U.S. position on the new Israel leadership hardliners. Then watch Max Keiser interview Michael Hudson, author of How the Scam Works for what's really going down with the world's economies. And check out ERIC MASSA fighting for Health Care on GRITtv with Laura Flanders. The Brick TeeVee Crew have no words for the folderoo of LeBron and the Cavs to the Magic. We turn our attention to baseball and try to watch the Indians crawl out of their early-season hole. Deluge of rains has held up gardening, but we hope we can get some of it started after the Sunday Funnies! Enjoy your Sunday viewing!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
Eric Massa on GRITtv Eric Massa of New York’s 29th District has been making the case for single payer healthcare. The advice he was given when he decided to run for congress was, "don’t do it." As a first year congressman he’s been advised not to take a stand, especially on a hot button issue like healthcare. But rather than accept the conventional wisdom, Massa has voted against the bank bailout and fought loudly for single payer healthcare. A cancer survivor, Massa says that the healthcare system in this country is literally killing people. And Massa says that he hopes a public option is part of any healthcare bill that emerges from congress this year. WATCH Eric Massa: The Single Payer Moment
MP George Galloway in Cleveland Respect MP George Galloway visited Cleveland on Memorial Day to speak about Palestine and promote a new aid caravan to Gaza, this one a 500-vehicle aid drive on July 4th! WATCH Part 1: George Galloway In Cleveland Watch all seven segments! "The assault on Gaza has proved a turning point. A majority of Americans polled came out against it. Unprecedented numbers took to the streets in protest. Protest is important, but it is not enough. That's why we have organised a convoy of medical aid for the people of Gaza to leave the US on July 4. We hope to take hundreds of vehicles carrying $10 million worth of medical aid from Egypt into Gaza." More at Viva Palestina - A Lifeline from the United States to Gaza
NASCAR on FOX The Left Turn League visits Dover's Monster Mile. David Reutimann sits on the pole. Coverage begins at 1:30 pm et
MLB on TBS It's The New York Yankees @ Cleveland Indians - 12:30 pm et
Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN LA Dodgers @ Chicago Cubs - 8 pm et
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
4,304 Military Dead as of May 29, 2009
2,223 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.
• Sen. John Cornyn, R-Tex
• Roundtable: ABC contributor George Will, ABC's Supreme Court correspondent Jan Crawford Greenburg, New York Times columnist, economist and ABC contributor Paul Krugman, PBS' Gwen Ifill and former Bush adviser Ed Gillespie.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• SENATOR JON KYL, R-Arizona
• SENATOR DIANNE FEINSTEIN, D-California
• BOB WOODWARD, The Washington Post
• DAVID BROOKS, The New York Times
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• War In Pakistan Steve Kroft reports from Pakistan, where Islamic insurgents are trying to take over the country and he interviews its new president, Asif Ali Zardari.
• Your Bank Has Failed Scott Pelley has an exclusive look as the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation takes control of a failed bank.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• SEN. PATRICK LEAHY (D-VT) Chairman, Judiciary Committee
• SEN. JEFF SESSIONS (R-AL) Ranking Member, Judiciary Committee
• CEO's: Google's Eric Schmidt, Xerox's Anne Mulcahy and Caterpillar's Jim Owens.
• ROUNDTABLE: BBC America's Katty Kay, Richard Wolffe and NBC's Brian Williams
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Kentucky
• Sen. Amy Klobuchar: (D) Minnesota
• Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison: (R) Texas
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz of CNN's "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- MARON v SEDER
Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
See/hear the show at any time of the day. Get Podcasts, video, audio streams and watch show live at Breakroom LIVE! Very cool! Also available weekday MIDNIGHTS at Ohio Majority Radio
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
•former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura will be here to give us his thoughts on the Bush administration, including how he thinks we need to be handling the former officials that are responsible for allowing torture.
• GQ correspondent Robert Draper will be joining us to tell us why history won’t be as kind to former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld as the former administration official would like to believe.
• Senator Bernie Sanders will be with us today to talk about his efforts to pass legislation that would create a better healthcare system in America, and provide coverage for the millions of Americans who are currently lacking any form of health insurance.
• We’ve also got Representative Carolyn Maloney who’ll give us the facts about the recently passed Credit Card Holders’ Bill of Rights, which will prevent credit card companies from ripping off consumers, and help keep countless of Americans from going into bankruptcy.
• And author Geoffrey Nunberg will be here to tell us how the GOP’s grip on the electorate has diminished as their ability to manipulate voters with their language has also declined.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Max Keiser Radio! Podcasts and more @ Karma Banque Radio!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• STACY SUMMARY: Corruption, corruption, corruption. It’s quite clear that the whole system is rotten. Part of the problem with government being so close to bankers and corporations is that the politicians feel like they should be getting kickbacks and be able to live the lifestyle that they themselves help create for said bankers with your tax money. Also, by voting in these politicians we give this whole set up legitimacy. What do you think? Are Goldman’s computers painting the tape in the last twenty minutes of each day? (must read!). This week's video: On the Edge with Max Keiser - 29 May 2009 With guest: Michael Hudson Topics: Iraqi stock exchange; sovereign debt crises; currency volatility; a new class war; the rich will never pay taxes again; kleptocracy.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From May 29, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Jim LobeJim Lobe, Washington Bureau Chief for Inter Press Service, discusses Hillary Clinton’s emphatic rejection of any kind of Israeli settlement growth, the Obama administration’s (first in a generation) hard-line on Israel, the low probability of a Palestine/Israel 2-state solution even with a settlement freeze and allegations that Netanyahu sees Iran as Amalek - eternal biblical persecutor of Jews.
• Democratic Senator Arlen Specter
• Republican Senator Lindsey Graham
• former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!