Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
MEMORIAL DAY & MORE OIL Before we get to our usual business here are a few essays you should read: Just how big is that gusher in the Gulf of Mexico? by Paul Noel for Pure Energy Systems News, Tomgram: Subhankar Banerjee, Oil Follies in the Arctic by photographer, writer, and activist Subhankar Banerjee at TomDispatch.com, Concerns Up and Down the Food Chain by By Leslie Kaufman @ NYT and Fishgrease: DKos Booming School by Fishgrease who sez, "I've been in Oil and Gas Production (all upstream) and Exploration for over 30 years. My salary is a little bigger than God's, which is okay because I'm more useful than he is." If you are easily offended by "salty language", don't go there! As you've probably heard by now the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE is BIGGER than the Exxon Valdez "spill" (by ANY estimates) and that Big Polluter's (BP) latest "Top Kill" attempt has failed to stop Gulf oil leak @ McClatchy, who reports now, "In its next effort to halt what its officials have called an "environmental catastrophe," BP will cut off the leaking riser at the top of the five-story blowout preventer atop the wellhead to get an even surface on the broken pipe. Then the company will install what's called a lower marine riser package, a cap containment system that would be connected to a new riser from the drillship Discoverer Enterprise 5,000 feet above on the surface. The aim is to minimize the amount of oil reaching the shore until BP can drill relief wells, Suttles said. He estimated that the procedure would take about four days to complete, but if it also fails, it could be several months before BP can finish drilling two relief wells to intersect the runaway well so concrete can be poured into it." SEVERAL MONTHS?? Then, one must ask, how many more Valdezes will this amount to? Business Protector (BP) has to be careful about what it says and when it says it because it just might upset their shareholders and their stock price! NPR's Tamara Kieth reported on Friday's All Things Considered 'Top Kill' Moves BP Stock, Professor JOHN COFFEE (Securities Law, Columbia University): Given the context that BP finds itself in with an environmental catastrophe of really unequal proportions, any disclosure about what's going on either with recent events or your current progress in stopping that leak is going to be material market moving information...KEITH: Material market moving information is a key term because he says there are federal rules limiting the way companies are allowed to share it. BP officials say they won't release operational play by play information to reporters as the top kill proceeds because the information is, quote, "market sensitive." Coffee says BP is being cautious for good reason. COFFEE: BP, as a company listed on U.S. Securities Exchanges, cannot selectively disclose information. It must give that information to shareholders evenly...Professor JAY BROWN (Law, University of Denver): All big, public companies know that the message that they're stating to the marketplace about very volatile developments like this can influence the share prices. And I think in those circumstances they have a legal obligation to make sure what they say is very accurate. And I think that's what's going on here." So, if you have any mutual funds they more than likely have some (LOTS OF) shares of Bad Press (BP) and we encourage you to write (yes pen and paper) to your fund managers to GET OUT NOW before The Speculators (aka the "magic hand of the Free Market" - yes the same ones who ran up the price of oil to $140+/bbl in 2008) CRASH the stock price. Lawsuits are already piling up and MORE MONTHS of oil spewage (and the even more toxic "dispersants") will only add to Better Plead's (BP) EXPENSIVE legal consequences, which certainly will take YEARS to litigate. HAVING SAID ALL THAT yer Sunday Talkies will feature Backtracking Promises (BP) Managing Director BOB DUDLEY (not to be confused with Dudley Do-Right) on Face the Bob, Meet the David and FAKE NEWS SUNDAY while the WH Limo counters with their Energy Adviser CAROL BROWNER on FTN and MTP with Admiral MIKE MULLEN on State of Candy and FAUX NEWS towing the corporate line as well. We strongly recommend going through our line-up this week with a fine-tooth comb for more info on this ecological disaster (and other very pressing issues). We certainly appreciate all the engineers and scientists who are working around the clock to figure out the next moves to STOP the flow of millions-of-years-old dinosaur remains before it destroys an entire ecosystem for decades. For another take look at the ocean currents in the Gulf area at Exit Strategy. Meanwhile please support our line-up with whatever you can to keep these voices alive and on-the-air. The Brick TeeVee Crew has been digging in the dirt these past few weeks with all sorts of beans, cucumbers, lettuce and ORGANIC curly parsley, with zucchini and giant sunflowers! Our ages-old tiller is in the shop so we still have half our garden space reserved for tomatoes, peppers, egg plants and more until we can get it all tilled. Enjoy your holiday and get those Victory Gardens going already! See Michael Pollan on AlterNet!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Worst in US History @ Democracy NOW! WATCH BP Oil Spill Confirmed as Worst in US History; Environmental Groups Challenge Continued Oil Operations in Gulf Excluded from New Moratorium.
»»» Chevron @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Chevron Has 5 Activists Arrested and Bars Entry to Global Victims of Its Practices at Annual Shareholders’ Meeting
»»» Carl Safina of Blue Ocean Institute @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Renowned Marine Biologist Carl Safina on the BP Oil Spill’s Ecological Impact on the Gulf Coast and Worldwide
»»» Corporate Crime Reporter editor Russell Mokhiber @ Democracy NOW! says corporate executives should be held criminally accountable for the disasters under their watch. Mokhber is involved with a group of citizen activists who have just launched a campaign calling on the state of West Virginia to prosecute Massey Energy for manslaughter in connection with the April 5th explosion at the Upper Big Branch Mine that claimed the lives of twenty-nine coal miners. WATCH Disasters in Gulf Coast, West Virginia Spur Calls for Criminal Prosecutions of Corporate Execs Then sign www.prosecutemassey.org
»»» senior editor at Foreign Affairs Sasha Polakow-Suransky @ Democracy NOW! On Sunday, the Guardian newspaper of London published top-secret South African documents revealing that a secret meeting between then-defense minister Shimon Peres and his South African counterpart, P.W. Botha, ended with an offer by Peres for the sale of warheads "in three sizes." The documents were first uncovered by senior editor at Foreign Affairs Sasha Polakow-Suransky. WATCH "The Unspoken Alliance": New Book Documents Arms, Nuclear and Diplomatic Ties Between Israel and Apartheid South Africa
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» Lizz Winstead & W. Kamau Bell @ GRITtv join us in studio to break down the week in news and suggest ways to fix our ongoing problems. Some of their solutions may surprise you. WATCH Lizz Winstead & W. Kamau Bell: Media Responsibility
»»» Greenpeace @ GRITtv In this clip from our friends at Greenpeace, Wetzel takes Steiner out on his boat to see the immediate effects on the water and the community of the oil that continues, over a month in, to gush out into the Gulf of Mexico. WATCH Greenpeace: Deepwater Disaster Blues
»»» Arun Gupta, Barry Eisler @ GRITtv Arun joins Laura in studio to discuss his piece, the "party of No" strategy, and where the Left is in all of this. Eisler joins us in studio to discuss the way that the media is complicit in issues of war and torture, and how progressives can use fiction and art to fight for our own ideals. WATCH Arun Gupta, Barry Eisler, and Deepwater Disaster Blues
»»» IRL Indy 500 on ABC It's the 94th running of "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing"! Helio Castroneves is on the pole. Coverage begins at 12 pm et
»»» Tennis on NBC French Open: Women’s and Men’s Fourth Round action! Coverage begins at 12 pm et
»»» NASCAR on FOX Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway - Coverage begins at 5:30 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Cubs travel to St. Louis to face Cards, 2:15 pm et
»»» MLB on ESPN Rangers @ Twins 8 pm et
»»» NHL on NBC MONDAY Stanley Cup Finals Blackhawks vs. Flyers Game 2 @ Chicago 8 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERTS!! ©
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND
MOVE TO AMEND.ORG --
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,400 Military Dead as of May 27, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,086 Military Dead as of May 27, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with guest anchor ABC's Jake Tapper
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• Former Secretary of State Colin Powell
• Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, political strategist Matthew Dowd, Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune, and Joan Walsh of Salon.com
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Carol Browner - Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change
• Rep. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) - Energy and Commerce Committee
• Bob Dudley - Managing Director, BP
• Edward Overton, Ph. D. - Environmental Scientist, Louisiana State University
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 7 PM ET/PT: "60 MINUTES PRESENTS: GOTTI" Previously un-broadcast material about his life as the son of a mob boss will be featured in an hour-long interview with John Gotti, Jr. The special hour's new footage includes stories about his father, the late John "Teflon Don" Gotti, feelings about his privacy now and a look at his "Indian Room," a smoking room that doubles as shrine to famous Native Americans.
• 8 PM ET/PT:Special Edition of 60 Minutes: THE DEADLIEST WEAPON - Byron Pitts and 60 MINUTES cameras spend two days on the road with a bomb-hunting unit in Afghanistan as they encounter one deadly bomb after another. Tom Anderson is the producer.
• RESURRECTING THE EXTINCT - Scientists believe they can sustain endangered species - maybe even one day resurrect some that have died out - using DNA technology. Lesley Stahl reports. Shari Finkelstein and Meghan Frank are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• BP's Managing Director Robert Dudley
• White House Energy Adviser Carol Browner
• ROUNDTABLE: The Washington Post's E.J. Dionne & The New York Times' David Brooks.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen
• Sen. Jim Webb (D-VA)
• Sen. David Vitter (R-LA)
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Front Porch Friday! Friday May 28, 2010 (mp3) Brother Bob the High Pope of the Church of Commen Sense with BOB FERTIK from Democrats.com! Amen for White Rose Society for the podcasts!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #135 Published on 20 May 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Naomi Wolf, author and activist joins me and Sibel Edmonds for the next installment of the Boiling Frogs interview series. Wolf has been outspoken about the loss of civil liberties and our creeping police state. Wolf’s latest book is "The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot".
• Info on Podcast #133 Published on 24 May 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- California Special! PBC was asked by listener Ethan Knox to comment on the June 8 primary election. While he does not explicitly endorse candidates or tell you how to vote, your over-opinionated humble host is quite willing to tell you how he’s going to vote: Republican. That’s right, as an independent (decline-to-state) voter in California, Mr. Collins will be voting against the mega-wealthy corporate tools, Meg Whitman and Carlyfornication Fiorina. This podcast covers the races for governor, statewide constitutional offices, Barbara Boxer’s Senate seat, and 5 ballot measures, including 2 insidious initiatives openly written and promoted by corporations. And PBC apologizes for the reduced podcast schedule as he leaves for a week’s vacation; he pledges to deliver more podcasts starting in June.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted May 28th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, Newsweek columnist and NBC/MSNBC correspondent Jonathan Alter steps back into the Ring with stories and new details from his brilliant new book, “The Promise: President Obama, Year One.” You won’t want to miss this!
• The tremendous health hazards that we can expect from the Gulf of Mexico oil spill are horrific, but Dr. Riki Ott warns us that the thousands of gallons of dispersant chemicals BP is dumping into the water are making a bad situation even deadlier.
• Laura Turner Seydel will be here to tell us about the dangerous toxins that are found throughout our bodies – and how the everyday products we use are causing those toxins to add up.
• Attorney Lea Morris will be joining us to talk about yet another dangerous pharmaceutical on the market that is causing serious damage to American consumers.
• As part of Ring of Fire Radio’s on-going, exclusive coverage of the worst oil disaster in our nation’s history, Devastation in the Gulf, investigative journalist Rick Outzen will return to give us his latest report from the frontlines of this fast-breaking story.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: We Need a BP Perp Walk The company that owns the sunken Deepwater Horizon rig argued in federal court Tuesday that plaintiffs should not begin collecting evidence and testimony on the Gulf oil spill until the November deadline for claimants to file suit. Transocean Ltd. made it’s arguments in Houston after the federal court there accepted the company’s petition to limit it’s liability in the oil spill to less than $27 million, the amount the company says the sunken rig is worth. U.S. District Judge Keith Ellison made no rulings Tuesday, but he scheduled two more court dates for early June, noting he wants to focus on whether the suit should remain in Texas or move elsewhere and whether depositions should begin immediately. Mike Papantonio appears on The Ed Show to talk about some of the problems that the lawsuit is already running into.
• And as always, we’ll be looking at all the news that the corporate-controlled media refuses to cover.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Guest Post: Jamie Dimon and Wall Street Pathology from Damon Vrabel.
• Guest Post: The Road to Serfdom from Michael Krieger.
• Guest Post: Central Banking vs. the Republic and the World from Damon Vrabel. (Please take the Bernanke survey at link!)
• [RT Vid] Michel Chossudovsky – The Cure Will Kill Us Stacy Summary: Michel Chossudovsky on: austerity measures; volatile currencies; solutions as the cause of further collapse; attacks on the euro; war against savings with zero interest rates; increasing rates of poverty; crisis has not yet reached its climax; the current crisis far surpasses the Great Depression; and the Long War.
• [OTE55] On the Edge with Gerald Celente – 21 May 2010 Stacy Summary: On the Edge with Gerald Celente
• [KR45] Goldman Sachs, Undeclared Enemy of the State Stacy Summary: We look at the scandals of naked short selling, supplementary liquidity providers and the conspiracy of banks. And we also mention the financial terrorist playing cards. In the second half of the show, Max interviews Jim Rickards about naked short selling and overwhelming the specialist system, Wall Street banks undermining Greece and Goldman Sachs as an undeclared national enemy.
• [KR46] Keiser Report – Guillotines, Conspiracies & Social Fury! Stacy Summary: We look at the scandals of guillotines and conspiracy theories, Fed rackets and capital flows. In the second half of the show, Max interviews Dr. Joern Berninger about the European “debt crisis”, when France was “technically bankrupt” on May 7, and about the China bubble debate.
• How the CIA Got the World to Buy American Stacy Summary: Very interesting study. READ Slate: How the CIA Got the World to Buy American at Slate.
•  The Truth About Naked Short Selling – Resonance FM – 22 May 2010 Stacy Summary: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, y’all. Download show HERE (mp3)
•  The Truth About Markets London – 29 May 2010 Stacy Summary: Truth About Markets London! Download show HERE (mp3)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Gareth Porter (mp3) 28:54 May 26, 2010. Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for Inter Press Service, discusses the swiftly unraveling US disaster in Afghanistan, the short-lived “government in a box” Marjah model, US reliance on Wali Karzai (Hamid Karzai’s brother) for intelligence gathering, Gen. McChrystal’s continuation of night raids despite their ineffectiveness and why the upcoming operation in Kandahar may be the last gasp of US occupation.
• Scott Horton interviews Stephen Vladeck (mp3) 25:31 May 26, 2010. Stephen Vladeck, Professor of Law at American University Washington College of Law, discusses the legal challenges brought to bear against unconstitutional government actions, the Obama administration’s so-far successful effort to keep Bagram prison free from judicial oversight, the high burden of proof on a prisoner to show the location of his detention was explicitly chosen to skirt the law and language in the National Defense Authorization Act that potentially criminalizes defense lawyers who represent terrorist suspects.
• Scott Horton interviews John Feffer (mp3) 22:41 May 25, 2010. John Feffer, co-director of Foreign Policy In Focus at the Institute for Policy Studies, discusses the diplomatic fallout following S. Korea’s conclusion that N. Korea sunk its battleship, indications that – despite the heated rhetoric – war will be avoided on the Korean peninsula, the breakdown of N. Korea’s prior NPT commitment thanks to the US government and the Japanese Prime Minister’s change of heart on a US military base on Okinawa.
• Scott Horton interviews Jim Fine (mp3) 30:51 May 22, 2010. Jim Fine, Legislative Secretary for Foreign Policy at the Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL), discusses the effort to add an exit strategy and withdrawal deadline to the Afghanistan supplemental spending bill in the Senate, the US push for Iran sanctions despite broad agreement they won’t work, Hillary Clinton’s tough talk on Pakistan and Gen. McChrystal’s admission that nearly nine years of US occupation has only produced a draw in Afghanistan.
• Scott Horton interviews Philip Giraldi (mp3) 30:23 May 22, 2010. Former CIA and DIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses press reports that attempt to link Iran with al-Qaeda and build the case for war, the danger of a new National Intelligence Estimate on Iran based on perceived intentions rather than facts, neocon Frank Gaffney’s tireless warmongering and why Israel may have an opportunity to attack Iran in August.
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Bob Dudley, BP Managing Director
• Gov. Ed Rendell, (D) Pennsylvania
• Rep. Darrell Issa, (R) California
• Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!