Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
SPILL BABY SPILL This is BAD, people. REALLY BAD. 1989 Exxon Valdez BAD. Yeah so where are the so-called Teabaggers NOW in Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, Florida and Louisiana? You know, the ones that don't want no gummint "interference" in health care or "bizness" or "regulatory control" or "rasin' taxes" for "socialist" programs like the EPA? Piyush "Bobby" Jindal speaks for them: "I spoke with Secretary Napolitano (aka The FEDS. -Ed.) this evening to outline the state’s needs as we brace for the impact of the oil spill on our coast. We appreciate the efforts to date of the Coast Guard and BP as the lead parties. As the oil spill comes closer to our coast, we have asked for additional resources from the Coast Guard and BP as we work to mitigate the impact of the spill on our state." and Bloomberg BusinessWeek reports in U.S. Gulf States Mobilize for Valdez-Like Oil Spill (Update4) "Jindal, a Republican, also requested federal funding for 90 days of military duty for as many as 6,000 National Guard troops and demanded extra oil barriers from BP and the U.S. Coast Guard to protect wildlife reserves that nurture a $1.8 billion seafood industry, the richest in the U.S. behind Alaska. Shrimpers and fishermen filed suit in federal court on April 28 against BP and Transocean Ltd., owner of the sunken rig. The lawsuits say Louisiana supplies 25 percent of the seafood for the continental U.S." Last year in front of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee hearing on offshore energy production David Rainey, Vice President for Gulf of Mexico Exploration at BP America said improved drilling technology allows oil companies to search for supplies in an environmentally friendly way: "These advances enable more production while reducing environmental impacts and allowing for efficient use of existing facilities and infrastructure...Finding oil and gas for the future requires exploring in areas that are ever deeper and more complex." (see Reuters). How's that working out for ya, Mr. Rainey? So BP now is trying to burn the oil or use a "dispersant". ProPuiblica reports in Chemicals Meant To Break Up BP Oil Spill Present New Environmental Concerns, "On Thursday BP began using the chemical compounds to dissolve the crude oil, both on the surface and deep below, deploying an estimated 100,000 gallons...The exact makeup of the dispersants is kept secret under competitive trade laws, but a worker safety sheet for one product, called Corexit, says it includes 2-butoxyethanol, a compound associated with headaches, vomiting and reproductive problems at high doses. “There is a chemical toxicity to the dispersant compound that in many ways is worse than oil,” said Richard Charter, a foremost expert on marine biology and oil spills who is a senior policy advisor for Marine Programs for Defenders of Wildlife and is chairman of the Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary Advisory Council. “It’s a trade off – you’re damned if you do damned if you don’t -- of trying to minimize the damage coming to shore, but in so doing you may be more seriously damaging the ecosystem offshore.” Surprisingly BP did not respond to requests for comment for ProPublica's article! Raw Story posts an AP article Gulf oil spill swiftly balloons, could move east that explains, "...the spill should eclipse the 1989 Exxon Valdez incident as the worst U.S. oil disaster in history in a matter of weeks. But a growing number of experts warned that the situation may already be much worse. "The spill and the spreading is getting so much faster and expanding much quicker than they estimated," said Hans Graber, executive director of the university's Center for Southeastern Tropical Advanced Remote Sensing. "Clearly, in the last couple of days, there was a big change in the size." ... As bad as the oil spill looks on the surface, it may be only half the problem, said University of California Berkeley engineering professor Robert Bea, who serves on a National Academy of Engineering panel on oil pipeline safety...Louisiana State University professor Ed Overton, who heads a federal chemical hazard assessment team for oil spills, worries about a total collapse of the pipe inserted into the well. If that happens, there would be no warning and the resulting gusher could be even more devastating because regulating flow would then be impossible." WOW. There's plenty more coverage at BTV regulars PBC, ROF, Max, GRITtv and Democracy NOW! So of course the WH Limo drops off the usual suspects JANET NAPOLITANO and KEN SALAZAR at FAKE Snooze, This Tapper & State of Candy. Then the rest folllow up with various Gulf State poo-bahs like FL GOV CHARLIES CRIST on Meet the David, Face the Bob with Rep. CHARLIE MELANCON (D-La), Sen. BILL NELSON (D?-Fla) & MARY LANDRIEU (D?-La) while HILLARY gets an EXCLUSIVE on Meet the David too. Watch KATRINA VAN DEN HUEVEL, BILL MAHER and AL SHARPTON beat up on former Bush political strategist MATTHEW DOWD and Curnedgeon GEORGE WILL on the This Week's Roundtable! Throw ALL yer bricks at BP AMERICA CHAIRMAN and PRESIDENT LAMAR KAY exclusive on This Jake. Meanwhile, while the Gulf literally burns, Greece is about to implode the Euro or default. See Max and DN! for more details. The Brick TeeVee Crew has been enjoying the Cavs and demand $1 hot dogs during Tribe games. If we can get a DRY weekend the Crew will be gardening soon! Enjoy your Sunday! And GET PISSED OFF.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Richard Charter & Pedro Nava @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Spewing 5,000 Barrels of Oil a Day, BP Spill Hits Louisiana Coastline.
»»» Goldman Sachs Congressional Hearing @ Democracy NOW! We play highlights and speak with investigative journalist Greg Gordon of McClatchy Newspapers and former economist at the Senate Banking Committee, Rob Johnson. WATCH Goldman Execs Grilled Over Role in Inflating Housing Bubble and Then Betting on Collapse
»»» Danny Schecter @ Democracy NOW! on his new film. WATCH “Plunder: The Crime Of Our Time”–Danny Schechter Takes on Wall St. in New Film
»»» Wall Street Protests @ Democracy NOW! Thousands of people turned out for a protest on Wall Street Thursday to denounce the taxpayer-funded bailout and the role of large financial firms in the nation’s economic crisis. WATCH “You Got Bailed Out We Got Sold Out”–Thousands Protest on Wall Street
»»» Catholic Abuse Coverup @ Democracy NOW! We speak with St. Paul-based attorney, Jeff Anderson, who has filed hundreds of lawsuits alleging sexual abuse by priests and bishops since 1983. WATCH Attorney Uncovers Docs Implicating Vatican in Sexual Abuse Coverup
»»» GRITtv www.grittv.org
»»» Gulf Oil Spill @ GRITtv Does the Obama administration still think that opening up more space for offshore drilling is a good idea after this disaster? What will be the far-reaching consequences of this spill, and why does BP get to dictate the news we hear about it? We ask Aaron Viles of the Gulf Restoration Network, in New Orleans, and Alex Matthiessen of Riverkeeper. WATCH BP Oil Spill Threatens Gulf Coast
»»» Sen. Bernie Sanders @ GRITtv WATCH Sen. Bernie Sanders: Not Far Enough on Financial Regulation
»»» NBA on ABC Playoffs! ABC: Bucks @ Hawks Game 7 1:00 PM & Jazz at Lakers Game 1 2nd round 3:30 PM.
»»» MLB on TBS White Sox @ Yankees, 1 PM ET
»»» MLB on ESPN Mets @ Phillies 8 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERTS!! ©
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND
MOVE TO AMEND.ORG --
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,394 Military Dead as of April 29, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,053 Military Dead as of April 29, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with guest anchor ABC's Jake Tapper
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• BP America Chairman and President Lamar McKay
• Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano
• Interior Secretary Ken Salazar
• ROUNDTABLE: Bill Maher, host of HBO's Real Time, Rev. Al Sharpton, former Bush political strategist Matthew Dowd, Katrina vanden Heuvel of the Nation, and George Will.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Rep. Charlie Melancon, D-La
• Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla
• Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill.
• Former Rep. J.D. Hayworth, Arizona GOP Senate Candidate
• Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE ALL AMERICAN CANAL - The most dangerous body of water in the U.S. is a deep canal on the Mexican border with California where over 550 people - mostly illegal immigrants - have drowned. Scott Pelley reports. Shawn Efran is the producer.
• CONAN - Late-night television comedian Conan O'Brien appears in his first interview since having to give back his spot on the "Tonight Show" to Jay Leno. Steve Kroft reports. Deirdre Naphin is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Exclusive! Sec. of State Hillary Clinton
• Exclusive! Gov. Charlie Crist
• ROUNDTABLE: Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN); Gov. Jennifer Granholm (D-MI); Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN); and Gov. Bill Richardson (D-NM).
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano
• Interior Secretary Ken Salazar
• Coast Guard Commandant Thad Allen
• Florida Senate candidate Marco Rubio.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY! Wednesday April 28, 2010 (mp3) The Cathedral of Common Sense with Uber-Pope Bob! Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- NEW! ACTION POINT with Cynthia Black on HEAD ON RADIO!
"Solution Politics" Talk Radio Streaming weekends from Head On Radio Network LIVE Saturdays 7pm - 10pm (ET) with repeats all weekend! Pick your HEAD ON STREAMING HERE! TUNE IN NOW!
• No ACTION POINT this week.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #128 Published on 27 April 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Filmmaker Laura Poitras and Prof. Roberto Rodriguez on apartheid in Arizona. Poitras is producer/director/cinematographer of the new documentary The Oath which adds new information to the case of Salim Hamdan (bin Laden’s driver) who spent 5.5 years at Guantanamo and tried in a military tribunal; he is now free in Yemen. The film also profiles Abu Jandal, who recruited Hamdan into al Qaeda. It opens in early May in NY, watch for it this summer. Rodriguez wrote a commentary for Common Dreams which adds context to Arizona Gov. Brewer’s signing of SB 1070, the draconian law that allows police to stop anyone they suspect of being an illegal resident.
• Info on Podcast #129 Published on 01 May 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Spill, Baby, Spill! Investigative reporter Jason Leopold of Truthout.org exposes the sorry record of BP on oil spills, its failed ombudsman program, Halliburton’s contribution to the Horizon debacle, and BP’s failures on a larger Gulf platform, Atlantis. We also discussed the politics of Obama’s recent call to expand offshore drilling, hours before the president backtracked and said no new leases will be issued until safety concerns are addressed. Read Leopold’s excellent article HERE.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted April 30, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire, former skinhead-turned activist Frank Meeink will be joining us to tell us about his journey from being one of most prominent voices of the racist skinheads in America to helping youth accept and understand that all races are equal.
• Author James Carroll will be here to tell us why the current problems with the Catholic Church are the result of decades of suppression occurring at almost every level in the Church.
• We’ll take a deeper look at the oil spill that is now threatening the Gulf of Mexico with attorney Brian Barr who is working on the case.
• And as always, we’ll be looking at all the news that the corporate-controlled media refuses to cover. This week, our good friend comedian Matt Filipowicz will be here to help us run through the biggest stories of the week.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Prosecute Goldman Sachs Now Mike Papantonio appears on The O’Reilly Factor on Fox News to talk about why these hearings are necessary to flush out the criminals on Wall Street.
• And as always, we’ll be looking at all the news that the corporate-controlled media refuses to cover.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Riot Police Clash with Greek Protesters Over Austerity Measures Stacy Summary: Riot police clash with Greeks protesting austerity measures. Coming to a city near you? By the way, these riots are unnecessary; the Greeks should default on these bonds that are unpayable and let the French and German banks eat the losses on their bad investments. That’s capitalism. And the sooner the global zombie debt pile is set alight, the sooner we can get on with rebuilding our economies and financial systems.
• Drill, Baby, Drill, Dead in the Water as Obama Puts Hold on all New Offshore Projects Stacy Summary: Oops. Drill, baby, drill, dead in water. Four weeks ago, Obama reversed campaign promise and approved offshore drilling, today he is putting all projects on hold. Update: Morgan Stanley pays $14 million to settle accusations of hiding complex oil trades. There is that word ‘complex’ again and yet again (as per the banana republicanization trend) a select group of oligarchs get to ’settle’ claims without having to admit guilt or face any real consequence.
• Max Keiser on Athens International Radio – 23 April 2010 – Greece & the IMF Stacy Summary: Max interviewed by Helen Skopis on Athens International Radio about Greece turning to the IMF.
• [KR38] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Scandal! – & Max Fraad Wolff Stacy Summary: In this episode, we look at the scandals of bailout buffets for Too Big to Fail banks; selling complexity to very profitable unsophisticated investors; the IMF is ‘there to help Greece’ . . . in a Dr. Kervorkian kind of way. In the second half of the show, Max interviews economist Max Fraad Wolff about US government debt.
• Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Scandal! – & Max Keiser! Stacy Summary: We look at a handful of the many Goldman Sachs fraud metaphors; the scandals of what the US bankers, regulators and government knew about Repo 105 before it helped take down Lehman Brothers, and of President Clinton’s big mistake on derivatives. In the second half of the show, Stacy interviews Max Keiser, in virtual Hollywood, about the box office futures market. (p.s. – this is the last episode with this graphics package; from next episode we will have a total new look!)
• Handcuffs for Timmy? If So, Can A Presidential Pardon Be Far Behind? Stacy Summary: The blogosphere is abuzz with hope that Barofsky intends to perp walk Timmy out of the Treasury building. No doubt, as with all banana republics, a presidential pardon would prevent any justice from actually being served. READ Barofsky Likely to Seek Criminal or Civil Charges Against New York Fed (Zerohedge) AND TARP Watchdog Says Criminal Charges May Be on the Table for NY Fed for AIG Coverup (Business Insider) PLUS Geithner May Be CRIMINALLY Charged? (Karl Denninger)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Peter Lance (mp3) 120:00 May 1, 2010. Peter Lance, author of Triple Cross: How bin Laden’s Master Spy Penetrated the CIA, the Green Berets, and the FBI–and Why Patrick Fitzgerald Failed to Stop Him, discusses Ali Mohamad’s infiltration of the U.S. government, the Egyptian core of al Qaeda, how the FBI could have prevented the 1993 WTC bombing, informant Emad Salem’s heroic attempt to infiltrate the Blind Sheik’s cell and later get him convicted of the bombing, FBI manager Carson Dunbar’s unbelievable arrogance and incompetence, field agent Nancy Floyd’s exemplary service, Lockheed Martin’s perpetual failure to fix the FBI’s computers, the 1995 Bojinka plot for non-suicide attacks on aircraft uncovered by the arrest of Abdul Hakim Murad and Wali Khan Amin Shah in the Philippines, why the KSM trial should be held in NYC, the hypocrisy of Andrew McCarthy – who made his career prosecuting terrorism cases in civilian venues – now demanding military trials or none at all, the time Ali Mohamad directly threatened federal prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald with the unleashing of al Qaeda sleeper agents and he didn’t do anything about it.
• Scott Horton interviews David Paul Hammer (mp3) 78:07 May 1, 2010. Death row inmate David Paul Hammer, author of Deadly Secrets: Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City Bombing, discusses the mysterious “Major” and “Poindexter” characters that Timothy McVeigh claimed help instigate and advance the Oklahoma City bombing plot, Andreas Strassmeir’s role in leading the Aryan Republican Army’s military wing, why McVeigh believed that his execution would be faked – and therefore didn’t want an autopsy, Hammer’s claim that FBI agents offered him a life sentence in exchange for holding back his book, the strict limitations on media interviews of death row inmates despite court decisions allowing them, the FBI PATCON plan to infiltrate and discredit right-wing militia movements in the 1990s, the Southern Poverty Law Center’s connection to Elohim City informants and why John Does two and three were most likely Richard Guthrie and Michael Brescia.
• Napolitano; Salazar; Allen; Rubio;
• Sally Ride, the first female U.S. astronaut.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!