Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Heath Summit Drama! For all the finger-wagging and stern words during Thursday's White House Health Care Summit the GOPhers will be out in full force, regressing to the same talking points they were admonished for on live teevee for over six hours. SPEAKER NANCY will go on This Week to talk about CHARLIE "Where's my General" RANGEL (of all things, according to the 'This Week' headline) then head over to State of the Candy to battle a scowling MITCH MCCONNELL. Meet the David goes with JOHN "Crazy Train" MCCAIN while the WH sends over the famous health reform director NANCY-ANN DEPARLE. Who? Then David tries yet another roundtable with featured pols ERIC KANTOR and DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ. The best entertainment will be on Face the Bob with absolute looney-toon MARSHA BLACKBURN and fellow looney-mate TOM COBURN facing off against Dems STENY HOYER and KENT CONRAD. To Steny's and Nancy's defense, they actually DID something this week: See OpenGov H.R.4626 - Health Insurance Industry Fair Competition Act To restore the application of the Federal antitrust laws to the business of health insurance to protect competition and consumers. LATEST ACTION: Feb 24th Rules Committee Resolution H. Res. 1098. From Nancy's and Steny's press conference: PELOSI: After 65 years, it is now time for the unfair advantage insurance companies have held over America's families and small businesses to end. HOYER: This bill is about making sure that everyone who wants to offer health insurance in America will do so in a free, open market. That will be subject as every other business is, to anti-trust provisions which say you cannot, in effect, make a deal with somebody that you take that part of the market, I'll take this part of the market, and we'll both charge this price. Because then there is not a free and open market to determine the lowest, best price for the best product. And it PASSED the House 406-19-8 !!! WOW! Look for BRAD FRIEDMAN of BradBlog and special Head On Radio VideoCast from INDEPENDENCE WVA - University of West Virginia featuring Ray McGovern & Robert Parry. Max, Bobby & Pap, Scott and PeterB all have good shows too. The Birck TeeVee Crew has spent the weekend digging out of our portion of the "snow hurricane" that dumped another foot or so of the white stuff on the compound. Our newly-tuned-up 30-yr-old Ariens snowthrower did the trick. We obviously haven't lost power (yet) but we are eying a natural gas generator for backup power, just in case. Stay warm and don't kill yourself moving snow! Have a hot toddy instead!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Sebastian Jones @ Democracy NOW! We speak to journalist Sebastian Jones, who carried out the investigation for The Nation magazine. WATCH “The Media-Lobbying Complex”: Investigation Exposes Undisclosed Corporate Ties of Network Political Pundits
»»» Glenn Carroll @ Democracy NOW! We speak to Nuclear Watch South coordinator Glenn Carroll, who has been leading efforts against the construction of the new plants. WATCH Anti-Nuclear Activists Mobilize to Oppose Obama-Funded Construction of Georgia Nuke Plants
»»» Glenn Greenwald @ Democracy NOW!We speak to Glenn Greenwald, a constitutional law attorney and the political and legal blogger for Salon.com. Greenwald says Democrats are disingenuously hiding behind the cover of the filibuster to justify their political inaction on the public option, when they could approve it through budget reconciliation. WATCH Glenn Greenwald: Dems Hiding Behind Filibuster to Justify Political Inaction on Public Option
»»» Jeff Biggers @ Democracy NOW! Journalist and cultural historian Jeff Biggers explores the myth of clean coal in a new book on the secret history of coal mining in Obama’s home state of Illinois. WATCH As Obama Pushes “Clean Coal,” Jeff Biggers Tracks History of Destructive Mining in “Reckoning at Eagle Creek: The Secret Legacy of Coal in the Heartland”
»»» GRITtv HAS MOVED! Find us at www.lauraflanders.com/grittv/
»»» Media Panel @ GRITtv Feb 26, 2010: Richard Kim, senior editor at The Nation Magazine, Megan Carpentier, former news and politics editor for Air America Media and currently guest contributor to the Washington Independent, and Danny Schechter, author of Crime of the Decade, producer of the new documentary Plunder and Editor-in-Chief of the NewsDissector.com. WATCH Covering Healthcare, the State of Journalism and Afghanistan
»»» Jeff Biggers @ GRITtv Writer and environmental activist Jeff Biggers' latest book Reckoning at Eagle Creek: The Secret Legacy of Coal in the Heartland tells the story of his journey into his own family's history in the mountains of Shawnee National Forest in Southern Illinois. WATCH Jeff Biggers Uncovers the Devastating History of Coal Mining
»»» Dean Baker @ GRITtv Dean Baker reminds us that we need to keep pressuring Obama and our lawmakers to enact health care reform. WATCH Dean Baker: We Need to Keep Up Public Pressure to Reform Health Care
»»» NASCAR on FOX It's the Shelby American from Ls Vegas! Kurt Busch is on the pole. Coverage begins at 3 pm et
»»» NBA on ABC Suns @ Spurs 1 pm et then Nuggets @ Lakers 3:30 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERT!! ©
MOVE TO AMEND
We Move to Amend. @ www.movetoamend.org
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United, and move to amend our Constitution to:
* Firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
* Guarantee the right to vote and to participate, and to have our votes and participation count.
* Protect local communities, their economies, and democracies against illegitimate "preemption" actions by global, national, and state governments.
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
We won’t sit by ...while the bankers and militarists plunder this country and send our loved ones to fight in a war for empire!
When tens of thousands march in Washington, D.C., San Francisco and Los Angeles on March 20 – we are going to tie together the issue of endless war and skyrocketing unemployment and poverty. If we don’t act, no one will.
Take to streets. Tell every family and friend, co-worker and fellow student that it's time to get on the bus. It’s time for the people to speak out. It’s time to raise hell! Get ON DA BUS HERE!
This is a huge undertaking and we can't do it without the help of thousands of people like you who are opposing the expanding wars and occupations. Please make your contribution today.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,380 Military Dead as of Feb 26, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,007 Military Dead as of Feb 26 2010
2,458 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC) with Guest anchor Elizabeth Vargas
• House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
• Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Sam Donaldson, Cokie Roberts and Paul Krugman
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn, (left)
• Rep. Steny Hoyer, D-Md., House Majority Leader (center left)
• Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla.(center right)
• Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D. Chairman, Senate Budget Committee (right)
• Jim VandeHei, Executive Editor of Politico
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• STEALING AMERICA'S SECRETS -- 60 MINUTES has obtained an FBI videotape showing a Defense Department employee selling secrets to a Chinese spy that offers a rare glimpse into the secretive world of espionage and illustrates how China's spying may pose the biggest espionage threat to the U.S. Scott Pelley reports. Henry Schuster is the producer
• BATTLE OVER HISTORY - Bob Simon reports on what the Armenians call their holocaust - the 1915 forced deportation and massacre of more than a million ethnic Armenians by the Turks - an event that the Turks and our own government have refused to call genocide. Michael Gavshon and Drew Magratten are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
• White House health reform director Nancy-Ann DeParle
• ROUNDTABLE: House Republican Whip Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA), National Urban League President Marc Morial, and House Democratic Deputy Whip Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL); plus two Washington journalists -- BBC World News America's Katty Kay & Atlantic Media's Ron Brownstein.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
State of the Union with Candy Crowley offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, 9 am and 12 pm et
• House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-California)
• Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky).
• ROUNDTABLE: Ceci Connolly of the Washington Post and Amy Walter, editor-in-chief of The Hotline.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY : Place your hands on that subwoofer of truth! Wednesday, February 24th, 2010 (mp3). Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
HEAD ON SPECIAL: Ray McGovern and Robert Parry of Consortium News Watch Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
- NEW! ACTION POINT with Cynthia Black on HEAD ON RADIO!
"Solution Politics" Talk Radio Streaming weekends from Head On Radio Network LIVE Saturdays 7pm - 10pm (ET) with repeats all weekend! Pick your HEAD ON STREAMING HERE! TUNE IN NOW!
ACTION POINT: Saturday: 2-27, 2010: February is almost over (thank God)…
• 7P EDT: Hour One: A little look at top news and more…
•: Hour Two: Stephen Vladeck, Professor of Law at University of Washington College of Law, discusses the ramifications of this February’s SCOTU hearing of Holder v. Humanitarian Law Project and ramifications for peace-makers caught in terrorism preventions cross-hairs.
•9P: Hour Three: Editor-in Chief of Bradblog.com and co-creator of the Green News Report Brad Friedman catches us up on the cover the New York Times continues to provide for Fox News and conservative liars regarding ACORN.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #101 Published on 22 FEB 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Dr. Julien Mercille on Afghanistan. This is another in the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Dr. Julien Mercille discusses the trail of Afghanistan’s drug money, the false impression given by the latest UN report on the effects of Afghanistan’s drug production, and the role of other nations and institutions including western banks.
• Info on Podcast #102 Published on 17 FEB 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Brad Friedman updates the ACORN smear, Prof. Marjorie Cohn comments on whitewash of torture memo authors. Friedman, of Bradblog.com, serves up admissions from GOP provocateurs Andy Breitbart and Hannah Giles that Giles and her “undercover journalist” pal James O’Keefe were not, in fact, dressed as whore and pimp when they framed ACORN workers on video. Then, Prof. Cohn teaches at Thomas Jefferson law school in San Diego and is immediate past president of National Lawyers Guild. She deplores the OPR report and the spin of the mainstream media that Yoo and Bybee have been exonerated, and describes how they violated professional standards and twisted their opinions to give BushCo license to torture.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• This week on Ring of Fire, best-selling author Andrew Young will talk with us about his new book “The Politician.”
• Attorney and consumer advocate Bill Cash will be here to give us the lowdown on the Toyota recall, and we’ll find out how the company intentionally hid the truth about their defective vehicles for almost 3 years.
• Comedian Matt Filipowicz will be here to tell us why prominent GOP leaders think its perfectly acceptable for a domestic terrorist to crash his airplane into an IRS office.
• And David DeGraw from the Amped Status blog will be here to tell us how corporate American is systematically screwing over the average American worker, and helping keep both our poverty levels and unemployment rates at record-breaking highs.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• [Video] Max Keiser Interview on Freedomain Radio Stacy Summary: Max interviewed with Freedomain Radio yesterday (Feb 25th) and here it is.
• Head of IMF Proposes New Global Currency Stacy Summary: h/t to all that sent this in. READ Head of IMF Proposes New Reserve Currency (ABC NEWS)
• [OTE43] On the Edge with Max Keiser Stacy Summary: On the Edge . . . with Ellen Brown.
•  The Truth About George Osborne’s Bank Shares Plan Stacy Summary: The Truth about Markets, London, 27 February 2010. Download show HERE (mp3).
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Daphne Eviatar (mp3) 26:56 Feb 25 2010. Daphne Eviatar, Senior Associate in Law and Security for Human Rights First, discusses the preemptive legal defenses trotted out by John Yoo and Dick Cheney, information missing or withheld from the DOJ’s Office of Professional Responsibility’s torture memo investigation, the incompatibility of Yoo’s extralegal commander-in-chief theory with any semblance of Constitutional rule of law and why a post-apartheid South Africa-style truth commission may be the best resolution of Bush administration crimes we can hope for.
• Scott Horton interviews George Maschke (mp3) 16:28 Feb 25 2010. George Maschke, co-founder of Antipolygraph.org, discusses the polygraph examination that Bruce Ivins passed before he was the FBI’s prime suspect in the 2001 anthrax mailings, historical failures in detecting national security threats through “lie-detector” tests and the retrospective claims by the FBI and DOJ that Ivins used countermeasures (that are now supposedly detectable) to mislead his polygraph examiner.
• Sens. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.
• Sen Robert Menendez, D-N.J.
• Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!