Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Gulf Oil Gusher: With last week's appearance by Tony "I want my life back" Hayward at the House of Representatives Committee on Energy and Commerce all the Sunday Talkies will be focused on the Belching Petroleum (BP) failed deep-sea well. Guardian UK reports in BP oil spill: Tony Hayward stonewalls Congress, "Hayward, who had been carefully coached by legal and media teams and was testifying under oath, failed to satisfy" sprinkling in memorable tidbits like "I had no prior knowledge" and the ever-popular "I don't recall". See Guardian UK's BP boss Tony Hayward faces Congress - as it happened for a great blow-by-blow account! So Meet the David goes full-out with their "Crisis in the Gulf" with HALEY BARBOUR, ED MARKEY and MARY LANDRIEU. Face the Bob goes with an All-Senate line-up featuring BARBARA BOXER, BILL NELSON, JOESEPH CAO and RICHARD SHELBY. Not to be outdone, State of the Candy gets her own All-Senate line-up with RICHARD LUGAR, DIANE FEINSTEIN, JOE LEIBERMAN and LISA MURKOWSKI. This Jake gets a one-on-one with Rahm Emanuel plus Fake Newser GRETA VAN SUSTERN! Speaking of Faux Snooze, look for SecDef BOB GATES and Minority "leader" bulldog MITCH MCCONNELL. Do check out the BTV Alerts and our regulars Peter B, Scott Horton, Bob Kincaid, Ring of Fire Radio and Max for much more info and news, including info about wikileaks' Julian Assange. See Max below for Glenn Greenwald's article, AntiWar Radio's Greenwald interview and Democracy Now Roundtable discussion for details. The Brick TeeVee team has the garden all finished and all the yard work done so we're going to take in some Interleague Play to see the Tribe @ Pirates at PNC Park! Enjoy your Sunday!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
IMPORTANT! MUST READ! From the Oil Drum! Editors' note for first-time visitors: What follows is a comment from a The Oil Drum reader. To read what The Oil Drum staff members are saying about the Deepwater Horizon Spill, please visit the front page. (Were the US government and BP more forthcoming with information and details, the situation would not be giving rise to so much speculation about what is actually going on in the Gulf. This should be run more like Mission Control at NASA than an exclusive country club function--it is a public matter--transparency, now!) CLICK HERE to read!
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Robert Reich @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Fmr. Labor Secretary Robert Reich: US Should Put BP Under Temporary Receivership During Gulf Coast Recovery
»»» Tom Engelhardt @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Tom Engelhardt on "The American Way of War: How Bush’s Wars Became Obama’s"
»»» Jeremy Scahill @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Jeremy Scahill on Blackwater Owner Erik Prince’s Rumored Move to UAE and Obama Admin’s Expansion of Special Forces Operations Abroad
»»» wikileaks @ Democracy NOW! We speak to Daniel Ellsberg, who’s leaking of the Pentagon Papers has made him perhaps the nation’s most famous whistleblower; Birgitta Jónsdóttir, a member of the Icelandic Parliament who has collaborated with Wikileaks and drafted a new Icelandic law protecting investigative journalists; and Glenn Greenwald, political and legal blogger for Salon.com. WATCH With Rumored Manhunt for Wikileaks Founder and Arrest of Alleged Leaker of Video Showing Iraq Killings, Obama Admin Escalates Crackdown on Whistleblowers of Classified Information
»»» Spill Roundtable @ Democracy NOW three guests: New Orleans attorney Monique Harden of Advocates for Environmental Human Rights; Sierra Club executive director Michael Brune; and Amory Lovins of the Rocky Mountain Institute in Colorado, widely recognized as one of the world’s most influential energy thinkers. WATCH Roundtable: NOLA Environmental Attorney Monique Harden, Sierra Club Exec Director Michael Brune and Leading Scientist Amory Lovins on the BP Oil Spill and the Way to a Green Energy Future
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» NYU professor Greg Grandin @ GRITtv WATCH Greg Grandin: Beck, BP and Latin America’s Leadership
»»» Brave New Films @ GRITtv Our friends at Brave New Films pulled together this clip looking back at our fight in Afghanistan and asking the question: when will it be clear that we need to get out? WATCH Rethink Afghanistan: Worse Than Vietnam?
»»» NASCAR on TNT The Left Turn League makes right turns too in the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma CA's Infineon Raceway! - Coverage begins at 3 pm et
»»» PGA on NBC U.S. Open Final Round live from Pepple Beach. Coverage begins at 3 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS INTERLEAGUE! Mets @ Yankees 1 ET Sun.
»»» MLB on ESPN INTERLEAGUE! Dodgers @ Red Sox 8 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERTS!! ©
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND
MOVE TO AMEND.ORG --
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,406 Military Dead as of June 17, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,121 Military Dead as of June 17, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with guest anchor ABC's Jake Tapper
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel
• ROUNDTABLE: Greta Van Susteren of Fox News, George Will, NPR's Michel Martin, and Richard Haass of the Council on Foreign Relations
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif.
• Rep. Joseph Cao, R-La.
• Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla.
• Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• ASSAULT ON PELINDABA - Scott Pelley investigates the boldest assault ever on a facility containing weapons-grade uranium - a still-unsolved crime that could have had calamitous consequences had it been successful. Graham Messick and Michael Karzis are the producers.
• BERNIE'S BILLIONS - The man in charge of recovering assets from Ponzi scheme king Bernard Madoff says there is about 18 billion still out there that he hopes to recover for victims of the scam. But it won't be easy. Morley Safer reports. Deirdre Naphin and Katy Textor are the producers
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Crisis in the Gulf - a special discussion for the full hour
• Governor Haley Barbour (R) of Mississippi
• Senator Mary Landrieu (D) of Louisiana
• Congressman Ed Markey (D-MA) of the Energy and Commerce Committee
• fmr President of Shell Oil Company and author of "Why We Hate the Oil Companies," John Hofmeister
• Katty Kay of the BBC
• Exclusive! Ken Feinberg, the man who will implement and administer the $20 billion fund BP established to compensate victims of the disaster.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Sen. Richard Lugar, R-Ind.
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.
• Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn.
• Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Tuesday Interview with Sandra Steingraber! Tuesday June 15, 2010 (mp3)Sandra Steingraber is author of the book and movie "Livng Downstream". Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help! Donate HERE!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #141 Published on 14 June 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Developing, Update: SC Senate Primary Results Challenged. Brad Friedman of Bradblog updates us on the developing story of possible election fraud in the 6/8 US Senate primary in South Carolina, where unknown Alvin Greene showed as the winner with 59% of the Democratic votes. The alleged loser, Judge Vic Rawl, announced today (6/14) that he is challenging the election results and made one of the clearest allegations from a candidate that electronic voting machines are a prime suspect.
• Info on Podcast #142 Published on 15 June 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- The Internets: Social Network Bill of Rights, Legalize online gambling? Two reports on the web: first, attorney Lisa Borodkin reports from the conference on Computers, Freedom and Privacy in San Jose. Borodkin and USC law professor Jack Lerner have proposed a bill of rights for social media; she discusses the real lack of privacy and control by users over Facebook and other sites, how most people are clueless about their exposure online, and that operators take advantage of user ignorance.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted June 18th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, Ed Schultz, the host of MSNBC’s The Ed Show will be here to tell us how he helped America overcome the conventional wisdom that liberal radio wasn’t viable, and became one of the pioneers of liberal media – Which he talks about in his new book “Killer Politics: How Big Money and Bad Politics Are Destroying the Great American Middle Class.”
• Cenk Uygur from the Young Turks will be joining us to talk about the protest he led last week in Washington to convince the Treasury Department to force Goldman Sachs to return billions of dollars worth of bailout money that the company actually claimed they didn’t need.
• Russell Mokhiber from the corporate Crime Reporter will be here to tell us about the possibility of prosecuting Don Blankenship and other executives from Massey Coal for the mine collapse earlier this year that claimed the lives of 29 men.
• Thomas Kennedy Lowenstein, activist and author of the terrific new novel, "The Ghost Detective" (and a New Orleans resident), will join David to talk about the news of the week from the Gulf and Tony Hayward’s shocking lack of memory and accountability.
• And our friend Thom Hartman will step back into the Ring with a completely updated version of his prescient and tremendously important book, “Unequal Protection: How Corporations Became “People” – And How You Can Fight Back.” Buy this book and give it to EVERYONE you know!
• And as part of Ring of Fire Radio’s on-going, exclusive coverage of the worst oil disaster in our nation’s history, Devastation in the Gulf, Daily Beast correspondent Rick Outzen will be here to give us an update on the oil washing ashore all along the Gulf Coast.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Republicans & Limbaugh Love BP - BP CEO Tony Hayward appeared before Congress today to tell Congressional leaders why his company has failed so badly in the Gulf of Mexico oil spill response, and whether or not BP allowed the accident to occur by cutting corners on safety measures. Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s Hardball with Chris Matthews to give us the truth that Mr. Hayward was incapable of delivering today.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: BP’s $20 Billion Down Payment - President Obama addressed the nation last night to discuss the oil spill and the government’s role in the ongoing issue. Unfortunately, most progressives believe that he failed at taking a stand and showing real leadership on the spill. Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s The Ed Show to tell us what Obama should be doing about the crisis.
• And as always, we’ll be looking at all the news that the corporate-controlled media refuses to cover. And if you want to see the revolving door that has been uncovered between BP and the government, click here!
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Is Blackwater’s Christian Crusading Erik Prince Moving to No Extradition UAE? Stacy Summary: Erik Prince moving to Dubai? I don’t think Abu Dhabi is his style . . . certainly not a good place for operating a Crusade.
• Glenn Greenwald on the strange & consequential case of Manning, Lamo & Wikileaks Stacy Summary: Okay, can’t wait to hear your thoughts on this story of Bradley Manning, Adrian Lamo and Wikileaks. READ The strange and consequential case of Bradley Manning, Adrian Lamo and WikiLeaks (Salon).
• [OTE58] On the Edge with David DeGraw & Economic Death Squad Leader, Timothy Geithner Stacy Summary: Will upload the parts as they become available. Guest today is David DeGraw (here is his new site) to talk about his new report on financial terrorism. Also discussed is how the appearance of economic death squad leader, Timothy Geithner, at the head of the NY Fed should have been a warning sign.
• [KR51] Keiser Report – Markets! Scandals! Bloodlust! Collapse! Stacy Summary: Today’s guest is Mike Ruppert. We talk about his film, Collapse, out on DVD today.
• [KR52] Ready! Fire! Aim! Keiser Report on Economic Warfare 101 Stacy Summary: We look at the latest scandals of filling black holes of debt with austerity plans and imperial plans. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Cedric de Serigny of the School of Economic Warfare in Paris about rating agencies and financial terrorism.
•  The Truth About Markets – New Zealand – 16 June 2010 Stacy Summary: The Truth About Markets, New Zealand! Download show HERE (mp3)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Philip Weiss (mp3) 20:47 June 15, 2010. Investigative journalist Philip Weiss discusses the isolation of neoconservatives due to Israel’s bad behavior, Senator Charles Schumer’s odd justification for the Gaza blockade, why Hamas can and should be negotiated with.
• Scott Horton interviews Kelley B. Vlahos (mp3) 18:45 June 16, 2010. Featured Antiwar.com columnist Kelley B. Vlahos discusses her coverage of the mainstream Democratic interventionist CNAS conference, the unprecedented politicization of military policy, public relations stunts disguised as war strategy initiatives and why think tanks that function only as echo chambers are not part of the reality-based community.
• Scott Horton interviews Gareth Porter (mp3) 28:49 June 16, 2010. Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for Inter Press Service, discusses the impending “Iraq 2006 moment” Gen. McChrystal faces in Afghanistan, the political “fix” discussed at the June CNAS conference: Republican pressure on Obama to scrap the 2011 withdrawal timetable, the dogged American determination to continue unwinnable wars and the difference between Iran’s NPT comprehensive safeguards obligations and its temporary voluntary compliance with the much-ballyhooed Additional Protocol and code 3.1.
• Scott Horton interviews Robert Parry (mp3) 29:04 June 17, 2010. Robert Parry, founder of ConsortiumNews.com, discusses the mainstream media’s persecution of journalist Gary Webb for daring to investigate the CIA/contra 1980s drug trafficking connection, how the empowered right wing media and associated personal-attack groups have created a generation of self-censoring and timid journalists, alternative media that can contest conventional wisdom but can’t compete with the MSM budget-wise and the recent hit pieces on classified documents leaker SPC. Bradley Manning.
• Scott Horton interviews Jason Ditz (mp3) 18:15 June 17, 2010. Jason Ditz, managing news editor at Antiwar.com, discusses the lies and half truths in Israel’s propaganda campaign against the Gaza aid flotilla, the media’s narrative change from “Israel attacks aid ship” to “Terrorists ambush Israeli soldiers,” how outlandish Israeli accusations capture media attention while rebuttals are mostly ignored, military censorship of news stories in Israel proper and evidence that the Gaza blockade is intended as collective punishment and not to “keep the weapons out.”
• Scott Horton interviews Glenn Greenwald (mp3) 29:25 June 18, 2010. Glenn Greenwald, Salon.com blogger and former constitutional lawyer, discusses the SCOTUS decision not to hear the case of Canadian rendition/torture victim Maher Arar, the triumph of John Yoo’s theory of nearly unlimited executive power and the defeat of constitutional judicial oversight, how the Obama administration continues the Bush legacy of avoiding governmental accountability, how Wikileaks fills the government watchdog role abdicated by the overly deferential press corps and the resemblance of character attacks on Daniel Ellsberg and SPC Bradley Manning
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sec. Robert Gates, Secretary of Defense
• Sen. Mitch McConnell, (R) Kentucky / Minority Leader
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!