Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
This week's WH Limo ride goes to DAVID AXLEROD on Meet the David and This Snufagopolis, where the roundtable has PAUL KRUGMAN AND MICHAEL ERIC DYSON (no George Will! YAY!). RAY "Boots on the Ground" ODIERNO gets live coverage from Iraq on Fake Snooze and State of the John, where King also goes with Ohio GOP has-beens and T. BOONE PICKENS, who will tell us how he'll make his next $billions$ selling us Natural Gas. Throw bricks at Minnesota Guv TIM PAWLENTY shilling for Loser Norm Coleman who was "Ordered To Pay Al Franken $95K By Minnesota Court to cover court costs for his appeal of Minnesota Senate election results". Face the Bob goes with DR. SUSAN RICE, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations and GOVERNOR HALEY BARBOUR. Also on Fake Snooze will be Health and Human Services secretary KATHLEEN SEBELIUS to tell us how great the Health Insurance "debate" is going. On the Health Insurance "debate" fraud, LAMBERT @ corrente explains in Why the public option is a FAIL in the making and no progressive should support it, "The public option is not some sort of compromise. It is not some kind of gentle glidepath to single payer, since the legislation will be designed to make the transition to single payer FAIL, as Kathleen Sibelius admits. And as the public option FAIL takes 10 years or so to play out, it will suck all the oxygen out of real policy change and discredit government involvement in health care into the bargain, as Medicare Part D is doing -- making the transition to single payer even less likely. Meanwhile, Versailles, having guaranteed a market to the insurance companies by mandating participation, will chip away at the subsidies that make it possible for the 50 million uninsured to participate in that market, screwing them even further. And as the FAIL plays out, many hundreds of thousands will continue to be denied care, and thousands of them will die. How can any progressive support the public option with a straight face?" Make sure you catch GRAHAM NASH on Ring of Fire Radio, Max Kieser with a post at DU and our Brick TeeVee alerts from Democracy NOW and GritTV. The Brick TeeVee Crew has been enjoying MLB Interleague play and took in PNC Park, where the Pirates beat the Tribe 3-2. The Crew has been deperately trying to keep fauna out of the garden where bean and pepper plants have been ravaged, rigging up a motion detector and spotlights to scare 'em away. Enjoy your Sunday!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
SIGN I Support HR 676 (3000 character comment box too!)
Be it Resolved That: We call on our members of Congress to pass HR 676, non-profit Medicare for All, so our people and our nation can have the excellent healthcare system we deserve. Healthcare is a human right, and we call on our members of Congress to recognize that right.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»WVA Mountantop Removal Protesters on Democracy NOW! More than thirty people were arrested on Tuesday, including NASA climate scientist James Hansen and actress Daryl Hannah, protesting mountaintop removal in West Virginia. The protesters were charged with obstructing officers and impeding traffic after they sat down in the middle of the road outside of the facility run by Massey Energy. It was the latest protest in a growing civil disobedience campaign against mountaintop removal. We speak with actress Daryl Hannah and community activist Bo Webb. WATCH Actress Daryl Hannah, Climate Scientist James Hansen Among 30+ Arrested Protesting Mountaintop Removal in West Virginia
»History of Afghanistan on GRITtv Paul Fitzgerald and Elizabeth Gould have traveled to and from Afghanistan for the past 30 years. They were the first American journalists to acquire permission to enter Afghanistan behind Soviet lines in 1981 for CBS News and produced a documentary, "Afghanistan Between Three World," for PBS. For twenty years they have continued to follow events in Afghanistan and write about it's history and US involvement. They are out with a new book, Invisible History: Afghanistan's Untold Story. WATCH Challenge Yourself: How much do you know about Afghanistan?
»NASCAR on TNT It's the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 from the 1-mile New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon. Coverage begins at 1:30 pm et
»MLB on TBS Boston Red Sox @ Atlanta Braves - 1:30 pm et
»Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Subway Series! Yankees @ Mets - 8 pm et
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,316 Military Dead as of June 26, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 713 Military Dead as of June 26, 2009
2,251 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• White House adviser David Axelrod
• Republican Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa.
• Roundtable: Paul Krugman, Peggy Noonan, Michael Eric Dyson and Kathleen Parker.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• DR. SUSAN RICE, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
• GOVERNOR HALEY BARBOUR, R-Miss. Chairman, Republican Governors Association
- 60 Minutes (CBS) Summer Re-broadcasts
• THE CHEATERS - 60 MINUTES and The Washington Post reveal how online poker players suspecting cheating were forced to successfully ferret out the cheaters themselves. That's because managers of the mostly-unregulated $18 billion Internet gambling industry failed to respond to their complaints. Steve Kroft and The Washington Post's Gilbert Gaul report. Ira Rosen is the producer.
• MIND READING - Neuroscience has learned so much about how we think and the brain activity linked to certain thoughts that it is now possible - on a very basic scale - to read a person’s mind. Lesley Stahl reports. Shari Finkelstein is the producer.
• GORONGOSA - American Greg Carr is using his great wealth to try to help some of the poorest people in Africa by attracting more tourists to their neighborhood - the beautiful national park of Gorongosa in Mozambique. Scott Pelley reports. Rebecca Peterson and Henry Schuster are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• Senior Obama Adviser DAVID AXELROD
• Sen. LINDSEY GRAHAM (R-SC)
• 2008 GOP Presidential Candidate, Fmr. Gov. MITT ROMNEY (R-MA).
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times columnist DAVID BROOKS; Washington Post columnist E.J. DIONNE; Republican Strategist MIKE MURPHY; and former White House press secretary for President Clinton, now a Contributing Editor at Vanity Fair, DEE DEE MYERS.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• General Raymond Odierno
• Governor Tim Pawlenty, R-Minnesota
• OH GOP Senatorial candidate Rob Portman
• OH GOP gubernatorial candidate John Kasich
• T. Boone Pickens
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union".
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- BREAKROOM LIVE
Mark Maron and Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
See/hear the show at any time of the day. Get Podcasts, video, audio streams and watch show live at Breakroom LIVE! Very cool! Also available weekday MIDNIGHTS at Ohio Majority Radio Check out SEDER on RING OF FIRE BELOW!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Legendary singer and songwriter Graham Nash will be here to give us his thoughts on the current state of American politics from the war in Iraq, to our economic meltdown. He’ll also give us the inside scoop on the release of his new CD box set, which chronicles his 40 years in the music business.
• Eric Lotke from the Campaign for America’s Future will stop by to tell us how the [U.S.] Chamber [of Commerce] is fighting to keep the economy in a recession by aggressively lobbying against regulatory reform, healthcare reform, and union organizing. If American workers want it, you’d better believe that the Chamber is fighting against it.
• We’ll also look at how the Chamber is working to strip citizens of their right to hold corporations accountable when they kill or poison their workers.
• We’ll also be talking about how the global recession is fueling a rise in human trafficking with author Benjamin Skinner.
• And Air America’s own Sam Seder will be stopping in to talk about some of the biggest stories of the past week that you might not have heard. He’ll also give us his take on Mark Sanford’s hide-n-seek tour and Argentinean love trip.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• At Democratic Underground... "Goldman Sachs' crash of markets last year was a false flag operation". Max writes,"Hi Du'ers... Keep in mind that my show ON THE EDGE is broadcast out of Tehran on Press TV. I tape the show in Paris and satellite it over to Tehran and than they broadcast it. If you appreciate the information I am covering than send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you appreciate my show."
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From June 18, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Thomas E. Woods, Jr. (mp3) Thomas E. Woods, Jr., is the New York Times bestselling author of nine books. A senior fellow at the Ludwig von Mises Institute, Woods holds a bachelor’s degree in history from Harvard and his master’s, M.Phil., and Ph.D. from Columbia University. Thomas E. Woods, author of Meltdown: A Free-Market Look at Why the Stock Market Collapsed, the Economy Tanked, and Government Bailouts Will Make Things Worse, discusses Seymour Melman’s [.pdf] research into the societal repercussions of a military economy, the diversion of research scientists from the private sector to Cold War military programs, the transformation of the U.S. university system into a DOD jobs program and the corruption of defense contractors into companies that can’t compete in a free market.
• Sec. Kathleen Sebelius, Health and Human Services secretary
• Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Kentucky, Senate minority leader
• Gen. Ray Odierno, commanding general Multinational Force — Iraq
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!