Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Good-bye 2013! Being a holiday week The Brick TeeVee Crew spent most of the week enjoying way too much Holiday Cheer with friends and family! So we didn't get a chance to dig through all the stuff we normally do during the week but we do have some "little gems of survival wisdom" to share.
Investigative Reporter Dana Priest has this front-page blockbuster on Christmas Eve morning's Washington Post front page! Covert action in ColombiaU.S. intelligence, GPS bomb kits help Latin American nation cripple rebel forces The 50-year-old Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), once considered the best-funded insurgency in the world, is at its smallest and most vulnerable state in decades, due in part to a CIA covert action program that has helped Colombian forces kill at least two dozen rebel leaders, according to interviews with more than 30 former and current U.S. and Colombian officials.
The secret assistance, which also includes substantial eavesdropping help from the National Security Agency, is funded through a multibillion-dollar black budget. It is not a part of the public $9 billion package of mostly U.S. military aid called Plan Colombia, which began in 2000. The previously undisclosed CIA program was authorized by President George W. Bush in the early 2000s and has continued under President Obama, according to U.S. military, intelligence and diplomatic officials. Most of those interviewed spoke on the condition of anonymity because the program is classified and ongoing. The covert program in Colombia provides two essential services to the nation’s battle against the FARC and a smaller insurgent group, the National Liberation Army (ELN): Real-time intelligence that allows Colombian forces to hunt down individual FARC leaders and, beginning in 2006, one particularly effective tool with which to kill them. That weapon is a $30,000 GPS guidance kit that transforms a less-than-accurate 500-pound gravity bomb into a highly accurate smart bomb. Smart bombs, also called precision-guided munitions or PGMs, are capable of killing an individual in triple-canopy jungle if his exact location can be determined and geo-coordinates are programmed into the bomb’s small computer brain. In March 2008, according to nine U.S. and Colombian officials, the Colombian Air Force, with tacit U.S. approval, launched U.S.-made smart bombs across the border into Ecuador to kill a senior FARC leader, Raul Reyes. The indirect U.S. role in that attack has not been previously disclosed. The covert action program in Colombia is one of a handful of enhanced intelligence initiatives that has escaped public notice since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Most of these other programs, small but growing, are located in countries where violent drug cartels have caused instability. ......... HUGE! Read on and check out the photos, maps and graphs! Then go watch/listen/read Dana Preist on DN! Beyond Plan Colombia: Covert CIA Program Reveals Critical U.S. Role in Killings of Rebel Leaders and more discussions about the FARC and Columbia on DN!'s Tuesday show below!
Also at WaPo's Europe Desk Snowden says spying worse than Orwellian By Griff Witte LONDON — National Security Agency whistleblower Edward Snowden invoked George Orwell and warned of the dangers of unchecked government surveillance Wednesday in a televised Christmas message to the British people that reflected his growing willingness to take a public role in the debate he ignited. Speaking directly into the camera from Moscow, where he has taken refuge after leaking vast troves of information on NSA spying, Snowden said government surveillance methods far surpass those described in Orwell’s dystopic novel “1984.” “The types of collection in the book — microphones and video cameras, TVs that watch us — are nothing compared to what we have available today. We have sensors in our pockets that track us everywhere we go,” he said. “Think about what this means for the privacy of the average person.” The brief video marked Snowden’s first television appearance since he fled possible prosecution in the United States and arrived in Moscow in June. It came soon after The Washington Post published an extensive account of his comments during more than 14 hours of interviews. ...... In the Post interview, Snowden said .....“The mission’s already accomplished,” he said. “I already won. As soon as the journalists were able to work, everything that I had been trying to do was validated. Because, remember, I didn’t want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself.” Snowden echoed those sentiments Wednesday, saying he sees an opportunity to “find a better balance, end mass surveillance and remind the government that if it really wants to know how we feel, asking is always cheaper than spying.” ......... Snowden, who is living under temporary asylum in Russia, had until this week kept a low profile there, referring to himself in the Post interview as an “indoor cat.” His video was recorded for Britain’s Channel 4, which for two decades has broadcast the Alternative Christmas Message — an at-times irreverent counterpoint to the queen’s traditional holiday greeting. .....
Speaking of Britain Joel Benjamin at MaxKeiser.com explains how HSBC banking on the ‘Municipal Bomb’ The UK Local Government Association (LGA) recently announced it would be pursuing the creation of a Municipal Bond Market in the UK, to provide competition to the Treasury’s Public Works Loan Board (PWLB) which permits council borrowing at the rate of Treasury gilts + 1%. Sir Merrick Cockell, chairman of the LGA, claims the existing local government debt market is not operating in the best interests of local taxpayers and that some ‘additional competition’ was needed to be injected into the system. In 2010, Randall Dodd a Senior Financial Expert at the IMF, an organisation not normally associated with being alarmist, nor shrill, published an article provocatively titled ‘Municipal Bombs
’ outlining the devastating impact of market manipulation and swaps and derivatives on USA and EU Municipal Bond markets. The IMF article was followed up by a typically hard-hitting 2012 Matt Taibbi Rolling Stone expose “The Scam Wall Street Learned From The Mafia” which states Wall Street banks were: “secretly colluding to rig the public bids on municipal bonds, a business worth $3.7 trillion. By conspiring to lower the interest rates that towns earn on these investments, the banks systematically stole from schools, hospitals, libraries and nursing homes – from “virtually every state, district and territory in the United States.” I had been aware the LGA has been exploring the concept of a Municipal bond market in the UK for some time, however it was with bemused horror I noted that HSBC, a bank which has been laundering money for Mexican drug cartels, and most recently, Hezbollah, was advising the LGA on establishing a municipal bond market in the UK. ........ The simple question taxpayers should be asking given the slew of bank scandals, rate rigging episodes and Government regulatory failures is this. Can we honestly trust HSBC, a bank declared above the law and “too big to jail” by the US Department of Justice to promote the interests of the UK taxpayer above its own profit motives? Only time will tell, but for now, the Municipal time bomb is officially ticking…
Also on Tuesday's DN! William Hartung on the impact of the AK-47 Mikhail Kalashnikov, Inventor of Eponymous Assault Rifle That Shaped Modern Warfare, Dead at 94 WILLIAM HARTUNG: Well, I think it’s an enabler of war. And what happens is, although the gun isn’t fighting the war itself, certainly the ability to kill so many people in such a short amount of time—600 rounds per minute—had never been possible in such a small killing package. And so, if you have a local dispute that’s settled with an AK-47, you’re going to have a war on your hands very shortly thereafter. So, in that sense, without the AK-47, perhaps we would have had political space to solve some of these conflicts. In the ’90s, the U.N. figured out that 46 of 49 conflicts was fought only with small arms, mostly with AK-47s.....
Jesse at Café Américain reports on the Trickle Down Recovery: PBS Drops Bombshell Analysis on Fed's 100th Birthday ...... As you may recall I remarked on this apparent financial asset bubble policy by the Fed earlier this week here. What many do not realize is that by printing money and directing it to the inflation of financial assets in a manner favorable to the Banks and the one percent, the Fed and the government are taking from almost everyone, including all holders of US dollars abroad, and redistributing it for the benefits of a few. This is trickle down economics, and crony capitalism at its worst. And it will be covered up and denied by the usual suspects until the eve of the next financial crisis. And then, like bank bailouts, they will attempt to make the people another offer that they cannot refuse.
- PBS Drops a Bombshell on the Federal Reserve’s 100th Birthday Party By Pam Martens - PBS promised a “debate” this past Friday night on the “benefits and dangers” of the Federal Reserve as the Fed marks its 100 years of existence tomorrow. Instead of a debate, two famous stock market historians made the same stunning announcement – that the Fed has decided its job is to push up the stock market. Consuela Mack’s Wealthtrack program on PBS had invited James Grant, Editor and Founder of Grant’s Interest Rate Observer, and Richard Sylla, the Henry Kaufman Professor of the History of Financial Institutions and Markets at NYU’s Stern School of Business. The opening scene for the program shows Sylla in a party hat lighting the candles on the Fed’s birthday cake while Grant snuffs them out – suggesting that Sylla would be making pro-Fed statements while Grant would take the opposing view. What happened during the program, however, was that both men made the candid and bold accusation that the Federal Reserve, for the first time in its history, has assigned itself the job of propping up the stock market. Grant had this to say: “New thing – it is in the business of talking up the stock market…The Fed is manipulating prices, especially on Wall Street.” To another question from Mack, Grant says: “The Fed has presided over the decay of finance.” Professor Sylla adds more fuel to the fire, stating: “The Fed seems to have, I think almost deliberately, is trying to push the stock market up. I’ve watched this stuff for 40, 50 years now and this is the first time in my memory when it seemed to be official U.S. government policy that the stock market goes up. And the Fed likes this because it thinks that when the stock market goes up, people who own stocks feel richer, they’ll go out and spend more money, and the unemployment rate will come down.”...
Rebecca Leber at Think Progress explains how a Judge Deals A Blow To BP’s Efforts To Dodge Deepwater Horizon Payments BP has sought to cut down on payments for the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster by asking that local businesses prove the link between their economic losses and the oil spill. A federal judge halted BP’s effort to skip payments on Tuesday, ruling that BP cannot reverse its interpretation of the settlement simply because the cost is higher than what the oil giant once estimated. BP wanted the rules of a class action settlement to be rewritten to require “proof of causation” or to throw out the entire multi-billion dollar agreement. U.S. District Judge Carl Barbier disagreed, writing that BP’s argument is “not only clearly inconsistent with its previous position, it directly contradicts what it has told this court.” In an earlier decision, Barbier also blasted the company for “attempting to rewrite or disregard the unambiguous terms of the settlement agreement.” BP had once called the class action settlement “more than fair.” BP plans to appeal. ....... (Ya THINK? -Ed.) While BP publicly touts its support for local Gulf businesses, it has deployed an army of lawyers to stall litigation over the disaster. This summer, CEO Robert Dudley explained their aggressive action by pointing a finger at people he believes suffered “no losses from the spill.” “I don’t think it’s right for America,” he said. BP even launched a hotline that pays watchdogs to report fraud. So far, $3.81 billion has been paid out to 40,000 spill claimants. BP estimates the class action settlements will cost at least $2 billion more than what it projected. Oil industry profits typically dwarf the cost of spill fines and settlements, even of this size. BP earned back $3.7 billion in profit in just one quarter, while it spent $3.3 billion on stock buybacks that enrich the largest shareholders. There's no doubt Big Polluter (BP) will try to maximize their profits and screw everyone and everything by tying everything up in the courts for decades (ref. Greg Palast Court Rewards Exxon for Valdez Oil Spill Exxon Valdez ) while the freakin' planet burns.
IN A RELATED MATTER Rampant dolphin deaths suggest there may be something seriously wrong with the oceans Whatever's killing the dolphins is probably bad for humans, too by Lindsay Abrams Why should we care about the recent deaths of nearly 1,000 bottlenose dolphins, the victims of a disease called morbillivirus that’s struck populations across the Eastern Seaboard? For one thing, scientists say, the die-off — which mimics a similar outbreak 25 years ago — is a scientific mystery. And the solution can most likely be found in the oceans’ deterioration. The New York Times reports:
- n Florida, the situation is particularly dire, with dolphins facing a triple threat this year. Nearly 80 dolphins who live permanently in the state’s ecologically compromised Indian River Lagoon estuary on the east coast have died. An additional 233 perished in the northern Gulf of Mexico this year. Both of those events have also been labeled unusual mortality events by the federal government. The causes of death appear to be unrelated; each group of dolphins faces separate challenges that in some cases remain scientifically murky — disease, a polluted environment, infection and possible residue from the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010. .....
WHILE ALL THAT is going on Sean Posey at blackagendareport.com explains From 'Old Detroit' to Delta City: RoboCop's Dystopia in Detroit In the future as depicted in the RoboCop movies, Detroit’s people struggle against the tyranny of corporate rule. That future is about to arrive, way ahead of schedule, as wealthy predators scheme to build a new city in Detroit’s downtown and waterfront, a “free market utopia, ideal for corporate growth.” ”Detroit's once mothballed downtown buildings are being bought up one by one by a local billionaire.” ...............In the film, a large company called Omni Consumer Products is planning to build a corporate-backed "New Detroit," dubbed "Delta City," to gradually replace the crime-ridden ruins of "Old Detroit," where most of the city's population lives. Privatization and gentrification are, of course, the main goals. RoboCop is created to police Old Detroit and make the city safe for corporate investment. RoboCop, however, was a futuristic film in the 1980s. The idea of large corporate interests investing in Detroit seemed enormously fanciful. Equally fanciful was the idea that privatization or gentrification could ever come to the city. No corporate giant like the film's Omni Consumer Products would invest in a city like Detroit, right? ................. In 2012, Detroit's murder rate was fifty-three per one hundred thousand. Crime has decreased since the late eighties, but Detroit still has the second highest murder rate in the country. Recently, the city practically celebrated the fact that thirty-six hours passed without a murder or a shooting. However, 2013 brought more bad news: bankruptcy. On July 19, Detroit filed for chapter 9-bankruptcy protection. Earlier in the year, Governor Rick Snyder appointed bankruptcy lawyer Kevyn Orr as the emergency manager for the city. Under Public Act 436, Orr usurped democratic control of Detroit's finances. Detroit seemed to be at its nadir. But where others might see privation and poverty, Orr and those in the business community see profit and privatization............................... Even as bankruptcy proceedings begin, Detroit will still pay almost three hundred million dollars to help build the Red Wing's stadium – this in a city with a poverty rate three times higher than the nation as a whole and with a household income half that of the national median. Clearly, the vast majority of Old Detroit's citizens are not the targets of this new development in Midtown and in the central business district. Who is then? BILL MOYERS gets it too On Vultures and Red Wings: Billionaire Gets New Sports Arena in Bankrupt Detroit. BTV Left Coast Editor ms_in_la sez Detroit today should serve as the Ghost of Christmas Future to scare the pants off of every urbanite in the country. "This could well be you". .... We are all Detroit soon. Keep your eyes on Detroit! ALEC is behind the curtain.
In between all the Holiday Cheer we managed to put together a Holiday Radio Show on WRUW-FM 91.1 wruw org!
DOWNLOAD NOW The SECOND British Invasion Holiday Special!
Available for download until Tuesday 8 am et! Get yers now! Save it for next year! One-of-a-kind!
Be sure to hear The Pretenders and Chrissy Hynde doing "2,000 Miles" we found in the stacks - a live recording - listen to the strings! Be sure to check out Max and Scott and all the regulars for more info! Click anything and be instantly smarter! Happy Holidays to all and we'll see you in The New Year 2014 The Year of The Horse!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Soffiyah Elijah, Jihad Abdulmumit, Juan Mendez & Matt Meyer Time for Compassion? Aging Political Prisoners Suffer From Illness, Decades in Solitary Confinement
- Mujahid Farid, & Soffiyah Elijah "If the Risk Is Low, Let Them Go": Elderly Prison Population Skyrockets Despite Low Risk to Society
- Washington Post Pulitzer Prize-winning Investigative Reporter Dana Preist Beyond Plan Colombia: Covert CIA Program Reveals Critical U.S. Role in Killings of Rebel Leaders
- Mario Murillo, professor and chair of the Department of Radio, Television, Film at Hofstra University Did Covert U.S. Program Targeting Rebel Leaders Help Undermine Colombia’s Peace Process?
- Charlie Roberts, member of the Colombia Human Rights Committee Ex-Rebel Leader Faces Ouster as Bogota Mayor After Longtime Advocacy of Reconciliation
- William Hartung, director of the Arms and Security Project at the Center for International Policy Mikhail Kalashnikov, Inventor of Eponymous Assault Rifle That Shaped Modern Warfare, Dead at 94
- Dave Isay "Ties That Bind": Tales of Love and Gratitude from the Past Decade with StoryCorps Founder Dave Isay
- Patrick Cockburn Patrick Cockburn: U.S. Turns Blind Eye as Saudis Fund Jihadists in Syrian Conflict Today, in a Democracy Now! special, we look back at a decade of stories from the oral history project StoryCorps.
- Peter Schumann Bread and Puppet Theater Founder Peter Schumann on 50 Years of Art and Resistance We spend the hour with Schumann, asking him how the theater addresses the most urgent political issues of our time, from nuclear weapons to mass domestic surveillance. Soon to celebrate his 80th birthday, Schumann also discusses why he refuses to retire and the place of older people in our society.
- Raed Jarrar, an Iraqi-American blogger and political analyst & William Dunlop, correspondent for Agence France-Presse U.S. Rushes Weapons to Iraq Amidst Bloody Sectarian Conflict Set Off by 2003 Invasion
- Alexis Goldstein, communications director at The Other 98% The Other 98% Urges Wall Street to Donate $91 Billion in Bonuses to Victims of Financial Crisis
- Eric LeCompte, executive director of Jubilee USA Network How Can the Philippines Recover from Typhoon Haiyan While Forced to Pay Off Ex-Dictator’s Old Debt?
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW A Co-op Story: Green Worker Co-op Academy JFor our New Economy series The Laura Flanders Show at GRITtv is highlighting solutions to our economically precarious times. Cooperatives have demonstrated the great power in working together, and this week we bring you the Green Worker Cooperative Academy. Read more......
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» SUNDAY FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA on NBC Eagles @ Cowboys 8:30 pm et »»» New Year's Day GATOR BOWL on ESPN2 Nebraska vs. No. 22 Georgia 12 pm et »»» New Year's Day CAPITAL ONE BOWL on ABC No. 19 Wisconsin vs. No. 9 South Carolina 1 pm et »»» New Year's Day OUTBACK BOWL on ESPN Iowa vs. No. 16 LSU 1 pm et »»» New Year's Day ROSE BOWL on ESPN No. 5 Stanford vs. No. 4 Michigan State 5 pm et »»» New Year's Day FIESTA BOWL on ESPN No. 15 UCF vs. No. 6 Baylor 5 pm et »»» Thursday, January 2 SUGAR BOWL on ESPNNo. 11 Oklahoma vs. No. 3 Alabama 8:30 pm et »»» Friday, January 3 COTTON BOWL on FOX No. 13 Oklahoma State vs. No. 8 Missouri 7:30 pm et »»» Friday, January 3 ORANGE BOWL on ESPN No. 12 Clemson vs. No. 7 Ohio State pm 8:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! Help us continue the battle to free prisoner of conscience Chelsea Manning in 2014! December 21, 2013. By the Private Manning Support Network. Read about ongoing projects we are working on to support Chelsea while we fight for her immediate release, and consider donating to the defense fund so that we can continue our efforts through 2014! We have raised $26,000 so far of the $40,000 needed to sustain these projects. ..... AND Update 12/29/13: Alexa O'brien discusses Chelsea's trial at the 30C3 CCC conference in Hamburg Watch the entire presentation as Alexa O'brien discusses the excessive secrecy that surrounded Chelsea's trial. Also, Amnesty International's petition calling for the immediate release of Chelsea Manning has reached 15,000 signatures. Sign it today. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,301 US Military Dead as of Dec. 27, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media at informationclearinghouse R.I.P. Peter Wintonick "Manufacturing Consent" Director Peter Wintonick Dead at 60
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• 2013 Game Changers: As the year draws to a close, we examine the game changers who made their mark in 2013, Sunday on “This Week.”
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Barton Gellman of the Washington Post
• General Michael Hayden
• TECH ROUNDTABLE: Jeffrey Kluger of TIME, James Fallows of The Atlantic, Laura Sydell of NPR and Seth Fletcher of Scientific American.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 60 Minutes apologizes for Benghazi report
• 60 Minutes Presents: "Going to Extremes": "Birdmen" who soar off cliffs in wingsuits; wildlife filmmakers who use "spy-cams" to show polar bears up close; and, researchers who get in the water with man-eating Nile crocodiles. They're all on "60 Minutes Presents: Going to Extremes," hosted by Steve Kroft.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• House Oversight Committee Chairman, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA)
• Edward Snowden’s lead legal advisor, Ben Wizner of the American Civil Liberties Union
• ROUNDTABLE: Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson; NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell; Council on Foreign Relations Senior Fellow Elliott Abrams; Woodrow Wilson Center Senior Fellow Robin Wright; Provost and Professor of History at George Mason University, Dr. Peter Stearns
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• ROUNDTABLE: Girl Power panel of SE Cupp, Donna Brazile, Ana Navarro, and Neera Tanden.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• XMAS EVE SPECIAL! A Holiday wrap with a H.O.R.N. listener roundtable! Pull up a cold one! Listen NOW HERE - Tuesday, December 24th, 2013 (mp3)! Be sure to tune in for the Special New Year's Eve show on Tuesday! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - December 19, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Network news managed to notice extreme weather, but not climate change in 2013; Congrats, Fox 'News'! Someone finally found fraud at the EPA!; Amnesty for the Arctic 30; Good news for Ecuadoran villagers suing Chevron; The #1 Environmental Story of the Year; PLUS: RETHINK your holidays --- make 'em greener! ... All that and more in our last Green News Report of the year!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Yep, we feed cows chicken poop (thanks, FDA); Pres. Eisenhower was an environmentalist (video); November 2013 warmest on record; Chevron failed to maintain SF refinery; L.A. mandates 'cool roofs'; Japan's battle to prove Fukushima fish are safe; Obama & climate change: the real story; BP's oil still killing dolphins; 60 watt incandescents phased out Jan. 1 ... PLUS: In the Deep South, dirty energy and disenfranchisement go hand in hand ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - December 10, 2013 The climate action legacy of Nelson Mandela; Historic water compact in the volatile Middle East; Air pollution linked to autism; Water pollution linked to miscarriages; PLUS: Canada is claiming the North Pole because... drill baby drill ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• 'Green News Report' - December 17, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Sorry Tucker Carlson and Fox "News", November 2013 was the hottest November on record; Wacky winter weather strikes around the world; Ski the Italian Alps while you still can; Plastic pollution now confirmed in all of the Great Lakes; PLUS: An ingenious new solution to the plastic pollution problem ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Brad's Personal 'Obamacare' Exchange 'Nightmare'! It took almost an entire hour on an Internet website before he was able to enroll in a plan from his current provider that would save him $300/month or $3,600/year...
• BRADCAST! Our 'Very Special BradCast Holiday Special!' FEATURING: The BradCast Radio Theatre Players! ACTION! ADVENTURE!! Fun for the whole family!!! (Except Communists!)
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! JUDGE: NSA SPY PROGRAMS 'LIKELY UNCONSTITUTIONAL', 'ALMOST ORWELLIAN' Federal judge finds mass collection of phone records likely violates 4th Amndmnt protection against unreasonable search, seizure...
• BRADCAST! 'BradCast': Dr. Michael Mann, The 'Hockey Stick' & the Very Center of the Climate Wars Brad's KPFK/Pacifica Radio intvw with perhaps the most attacked climatologist in the world, who also created one very famous graph...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 17 Dec 2013 PBC News & Comment: Snowden Seeks Refuge in Brazil as Court Opens Legal Floodgate Monday’s Washington Snowden storm: White House rejects amnesty as Obama meets with angry tech execs and court rules against NSA…
• PBC News & Comment 18 Dec 2013 PBC News & Comment: In White House Reversal, Report of NSA “Reform” Panel to be Released Today In change of plans, White House to release today report from panel of spooks that suggests cosmetic changes at NSA….
• PBC News & Comment 20 Dec 2013 PBC News & Comment: My 1,000th Podcast, Last of 2013! In podcast #1,000–our last of 2013–we examine Obama’s year-end press conference, his masterful spin on tough NSA questions….
• PBC Standard Podcast Dec. 13, 2013 Michael Ratner of Center for Constitutional Rights Echos Original Gitmo Commander: Shut Down Guantanamo!
• PBC Standard Podcast Dec. 17, 2013 Journalist/Author Max Blumenthal Details Racism and Theocracy in Israel; Prof. David Lloyd on Vote by Academics to Boycott Israel
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Dec. 27, 2013 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern. Best of Ring of Fire Radio!
• Rolling Stone contributing editor Tim Dickinson will tell us how Republicans have rigged the electoral system to the point that they can almost never lose.
• Author and historian Rick Perlstein will tell us about the history of Republican extremism.
• Author Frank Schaeffer will explain how the Tea Party’s extreme positions are coming directly from evangelical leaders.
• Washington Post columnist Harold Meyerson will tell us about the divide between corporate Democrats and Progressive Democrats.
• And author Les Leopold will join us for a discussion on why millionaires and billionaires are getting government handouts, while the needy are having to sacrifice even more.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Dec. 218, 2013 Sundays at NOON!
»» This week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV, please enjoy a selection of some of the very best interviews from Ring of Fire Radio. Ring of Fire has been on the air for nearly a decade, and in that time we have talked to some of the most influential leaders from both the political arena and the media. This week we will re-visit several of those interviews.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on December 21, 2013 by Joshua Schwitzerlett - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on November 30, 2013 by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• VIDEO! RFK, Jr. and Seder: NSA Data Collection “Almost Orwellian” (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and Sam Seder discuss last week’s story of a U.S. federal district judge that ruled on the unconstitutionality of the NSA’s data collection.
• VIDEO! World Bank Hypocrisy on Climate Change Action (VIDEO) This segment originally aired on the December 15th, 2013 episode of Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV. Global financial institutions recognize the threat of climate change, and agree that it needs to be addressed. However, their actions contradict their talking points. Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins speaks with Brendan DeMelle, managing editor of DeSmogBlog.com, about why the rhetoric is nothing more than lip service.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 12/23 Best of 2013: Glenn Greenwald: The Impact of The NSA Revelations
• TUESDAY 12/24 Best MR Comedy of 2013: H. Jon Benjamin / Where’s Hugo, The Ken, Ken and Ken Show, Gohmericans & More!
• THURSDAY 12/26 Best of 2013: Mike Konczal: How An Excel Error Killed The Economy & Juan Cole The Surveillance State & Turkey’s Uprising
• FRIDAY 12/27 Best of 2013: Eddie S. Glaude Jr: The 50th Anniversary of March on Washington & Reza Aslan: Reza Aslan: Zealot V Fox News
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Further Proof the Justice Department is Protecting JP Morgan from Criminal Prosecution Submitted by Michael Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg. - In what may be the least surprising article of 2013, we find out from Newsweek that the Department of Justice is going out of its way to protect the poor little babies at JP Morgan from criminal prosecution in the Bernie Madoff case. While we know all too well about the institutionalized practice of “Too Big to Jail” that dominates the current fraud system of so called “justice” in America, it is still of the utmost importance that we spread these stories far and wide. Amazingly, in this instance the DOJ is actively blocking the Treasury Inspector General from doing his job in order to protect the mega-bank… Read the rest here.......
• Barclays fined $3.75m as 10 years of incriminating LIBOR chat messages “disappear” by Joel Benjamin - On Thursday 27 December it was reported by Reuters that Barclays “accidentally lost” 10 years of instant chat message data, over the period LIBOR was known to be rigged, killing off any serious hopes of a prosecution for USD LIBOR manipulation. Financial campaigners have questioned whether investigations into LIBOR would confirm the presence of cartel like activity in currencies other than Japanese Yen, to which previous fines levelled against RBS, UBS, Barclays and ICAP relate. .......
• “Bitcoin is evil” by Stacy Herbert - Stacy Summary: Krugman is obviously trolling and he will obviously find common cause with many ‘shitcoin shriekers’ on this site; nevertheless, here he is doubling down on ‘statism.’ Methinks he will want the Feds to use the ‘guns backing the dollar’ soon. I’ve set out below what I think is the real issue his sort have with Bitcoin; and that is that the keepers of our current system don’t want change. They don’t want to lose their power, authority or elite positions. – And, Krugs, if you’re reading this – it’s ‘Bitcoin’ or ‘bitcoin’ NOT ‘BitCoin.’
• 13 most underreported news stories of 2013 by maxkeiser - READ Swartz, Fracking, Manning, GMO: 13 most underreported news stories of 2013 (rt.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR540] Keiser Report: Santa’s Workshop vs Big Oil We discuss the no Ho, Ho, Ho this Christmas as Canada claims Santa’s workshop in the race to secure oil and mineral reserves in the Arctic. In the second half, Max interviews former energy market regulator, Chris Cook, about the middlemen who have taken over the energy market and the roulette wheel with 16 zeroes on it as we move from dollar economics to energy politics and diplomacy. Finally, Chris Cook and Max discuss gas-coin as a new alternative currency backed by natural gas.
• KEISER REPORT [KR541] Keiser Report: NSA manipulates bank accounts? We discuss the suggestion that the NSA may be manipulating bank account balances and financial markets. We also look at the ‘accidental’ tax breaks for billionaires in America; while, in the UK, the tax office ‘loses nerve’ about pursuing multinationals and instead targets small and medium sized enterprises. In the second half, Max interviews precious metals analyst and presenter, Jan Skoyles, about silver, gold, handbags and Chateau du Pepe. They also discuss crowdfunding Jan’s new show, Get REAL, on crowdfunding platform, StartJOIN.
• KEISER REPORT [KR542] Keiser Report: When law breaking becomes basis for GDP We discuss that nothing in this world is harder than speaking the truth, nothing easier than flattery; which is why there are no calls for punishment from the mainstream media for banking crimes. They also report on the execution rate dropping in the US due to a European boycott of sending the executioners’ drug. In the second half, Max interviews Neil Mitchell of rbs-grgbusinessactiongroup.org about his remarkable investigation into Royal Bank of Scotland and his campaign for justice for small and medium sized enterprises.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1301] The Truth About Markets – 21 December 2013 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream.......
• Scott Horton Radio Show 12/23/13 Eric Margolis: Foreign correspondent Eric Margolis discusses Kim Jong-un’s execution of his uncle in-law; why Nelson Mandela was a “South African Gandhi;” the difference between fascism and extreme right wing dictators; and US intervention in South Sudan.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 12/27/13 Sheldon Richman: Sheldon Richman, vice president of The Future of Freedom Foundation, discusses the Senate proposal for new sanctions that would undermine the fragile Iranian nuclear deal; mandatory US support for an Israeli attack on Iran; and the American misunderstanding of what a Palestinian “land for peace” deal really means.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 12/27/13 Grant F. Smith: Grant F. Smith, founder of IRMEP, discusses US-Israel dual citizen Stanley Fischer’s candidacy for vice chairman of the Federal Reserve Board and the implications for war with Iran and US aid to Israel.
• Visit his blog Stress. See ScottHorton.org for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Former Vermont Governor Howard Dean (D)
• Dr. Scott Gottlieb of the American Enterprise Institute
• House Intelligence Committee Chair Mike Rogers (R-MI)
• House Intelligence Committee Member Rep Adam Schiff (D-CA).
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml