Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Solstice Special! From csmonitor.com Winter solstice 2013: Were you really waiting until now for winter? (+video) Astronomical winter watchers will note that the US will receive just 9 hours, 32 minutes of daylight Saturday, which occurs at 12:11 p.m. EST. The solstice, which this year occurs at 12:11 p.m. EST on Dec. 21, is not a fixed date; in 2015, it will take place Dec. 22. ....... The solstice is derived from the Latin words “sol” (sun) and “sisto” (stop). With the approach of the winter solstice, the sun’s highest point in the sky every day sinks lower and lower toward the southern horizon. On Saturday the sun’s retreat halts, after which it will appear to start moving northward. The reverse will take place on June 21, when the day will be longest..... Of course the Druids, Pagans and many more celebrate Winter Solstice as a re-birth of The Earth. From the BBC Winter Solstice The Pagan celebration of Winter Solstice (also known as Yule) is one of the oldest winter celebrations in the world. Ancient people were hunters and spent most of their time outdoors. The seasons and weather played a very important part in their lives. Because of this many ancient people had a great reverence for, and even worshipped the sun. The Norsemen of Northern Europe saw the sun as a wheel that changed the seasons. It was from the word for this wheel, houl, that the word yule is thought to have come. At mid-winter the Norsemen lit bonfires, told stories and drank sweet ale. The ancient Romans also held a festival to celebrate the rebirth of the year. Saturnalia ran for seven days from the 17th of December. It was a time when the ordinary rules were turned upside down. Men dressed as women and masters dressed as servants. The festival also involved decorating houses with greenery, lighting candles, holding processions and giving presents. The Winter Solstice falls on the shortest day of the year (21st December) and was celebrated in Britain long before the arrival of Christianity. The Druids (Celtic priests) would cut the mistletoe that grew on the oak tree and give it as a blessing. Oaks were seen as sacred and the winter fruit of the mistletoe was a symbol of life in the dark winter months. It was also the Druids who began the tradition of the yule log. The Celts thought that the sun stood still for twelve days in the middle of winter and during this time a log was lit to conquer the darkness, banish evil spirits and bring luck for the coming year. Many of these customs are still followed today. They have been incorporated into the Christian and secular celebrations of Christmas. The Christian Chuch in fact co-opted this celebration and the ad-men invented our current mass-consumption culture back in the 1930's. We refer you to snopes.com Did Coca-cola invent the modern image of Santa Claus? It is true that, since Santa Claus is an evolutionary figure, he did not suddenly appear fully-formed one day and immediately supplant every other character traditionally associated with Christmas. However, it is not true in any realistic sense that Coca-Cola "created" the modern Santa Claus: they did not invent the now-familiar rotund, bearded fellow clothed in red-and-white garb, nor did they pluck him from a pantheon of competing, visually different Christmastime figures and elevate him to the supreme symbol of Christmas gift-giving. The red-and-white Santa figure existed long before Coca-Cola began featuring him in print advertisements, and he had already supplanted a bevy of competitors to become the standard representation of Santa Claus before he began his tenure as a pitchman for Coke.
GREED IS GOOD? During this holiday season where giving is a paramount feature it seems the 1%-of-the-1% would rather be greedy. OXFAM published this back on May 21, 2013 Tax on the “private” billions now stashed away in havens enough to end extreme world poverty twice over At least $18.5 trillion is hidden by wealthy individuals in tax havens worldwide, representing a loss of more than $156 billion in tax revenue, according to new figures published today by international agency Oxfam. The missing money is twice that required for every person in the world to be living above the $1.25-a-day “extreme poverty” threshold. Oxfam’s Kevin Roussel said: “It’s scandalous that so much money is allowed to sit untaxed, letting off the hook those individuals who can most afford to pay for public goods and services. Many governments claim to have no alternative but to cut public spending and development aid, but we’ve found there’s enough potential tax to be had on hidden “private” money to end extreme world poverty twice over.” Oxfam has found that two-thirds of this global offshore wealth – more than $12 trillion – is hidden in EU related tax havens, such as Luxembourg, Andorra or Malta. These havens are facilitating the loss of over $100 billion in tax revenues worldwide. A third of offshore wealth is sitting in UK-linked tax havens where it is undeclared and untaxed....... And now comes U.S.$52 Billion for IDA, the World Bank's Fund for the Poorest Donors have replenished the World Bank's fund for the world's poorest countries, the International Development Association , to the tune of $52 billion . Head of Oxfam's Washington office Nicolas Mombrial said: "Global cuts to aid are costing lives, so the news that donors have made generous contributions to this fund for world's poorest is very welcome news. These resources are crucial for financing health and education in poor countries. The replenishment is a vote of confidence in World Bank president Jim Kim's new strategy for ending extreme poverty by 2030. But going forward, the World Bank is going to have to turn this money into real results for people living in poverty. Oxfam also welcomes the Bank's announcement that it will focus more attention on fragile states, helping poor countries adapt to climate change, and gender equality. To persuade donors to finance IDA, the World Bank agreed to accept loans from donors, rather than grants. Oxfam cautions that while this approach is acceptable in a context of economic crisis, it should be a temporary fix and not a permanent way of operating." Nice. We need more of that!
At TechDirt.com Mike Masnick reports Judge Says NSA Bulk Metadata Collection Likely Unconstitutional, Issues Injunction Well, this is big, big news. Judge Richard Leon, a judge in the DC district court, has ruled that the NSA's bulk metadata collection should be stopped as violating the 4th Amendment, though he's put the ruling on hold, knowing that it will be appealed. This is the first major court ruling concerning the program, and the judge is pretty clear that it's a 4th Amendment violation even though the FISA court approved it. The case is actually two different cases brought by Larry Klayman, the founder of Freedom Watch, over the NSA's activities. Here's the key bit:
- The Court finds that it does... have the authority to evaluate plaintiffs' constitutional challenges to the NSA's conduct, notwithstanding the fact that it was done pursuant to orders issued by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court ("FISC"). And after careful consideration of the parties' pleadings and supplemental pleadings, the representations made on the record at the November 18, 2013 hearings regarding these motions, and the applicable law, the Court concludes that plaintiffs have standing to challenge the constitutionality of the Government's bulk collection and querying of phone record metadata, that they have demonstrated a substantial likelihood of success on the merits of their Fourth Amendment claim, and that they will suffer irreparable harm absent preliminary injunctive relief.
Now there are plenty of peeps who applaud Judge Leon's "Almost Orwellian" surveillance ruling but Robert Parry at ConsortiumNews.com recalls Judge Leon’s Dirty Climb to the Bench Exclusive: Civil libertarians are cheering federal judge Richard Leon for his ruling against the NSA’s massive surveillance program – and that’s all to the good – but Leon’s route to the bench followed a twisted course of partisan investigations and one historic cover-up, Robert Parry reports. - U.S. District Judge Richard Leon is winning kudos across the political spectrum for a ruling that rejects the constitutionality of the National Security Agency vacuuming up the metadata on virtually every phone call made in America. Leon clearly possesses a libertarian streak, but he earned his place on the bench by running a partisan cover-up of a historic crime. Leon was appointed to his lifetime judicial post by George W. Bush in 2002 after Leon won the gratitude of the Bush Family by protecting its interests as an aggressive and reliable Republican legal apparatchik on Capitol Hill. There, the heavy-set Leon gained a reputation as a partisan bully who made sure politically charged investigations reached a desired outcome, whatever the facts. n the 1990s, Leon served as special counsel to the House Banking Committee as it transformed President Bill Clinton’s minor Whitewater real estate deal into a major scandal that eventually led to the House vote to impeach Clinton in 1998 and thus set the stage for Bush’s disputed election victory in 2000. But Leon’s most important work for the Bushes may have come in the 1980s and early 1990s when he helped construct legal justifications for Republican law-breaking and sought to intimidate Iran-Contra-related witnesses who came forward to expose GOP wrongdoing. In 1987, when Rep. Dick Cheney, R-Wyoming, was leading the Republican counteroffensive against the Iran-Contra investigation into evidence that President Ronald Reagan and Vice President George H.W. Bush had engaged in a wide-ranging conspiracy involving illegal weapons shipments and money transfers, Leon stepped forward as deputy chief counsel on the Republican side. Leon worked with Cheney not only in fending off accusations of wrongdoing, but in coming up with a counter-argument that accused Congress of intruding on foreign policy prerogatives of the President. .....But Leon’s crucial work in the Capitol Hill trenches of partisan warfare went beyond erecting the legal barricades behind which Republican presidents could hide their illegal acts. More significantly, he launched frontal assaults against GOP “enemies,” i.e. whistleblowers who threatened to expose the crimes....... Read ALL OF THIS to get the full picture! Thank you Robert Parry! NEXT the NYT EDITORIAL BOARD opines on The Black Hole of Terrorism Watch Lists ........ However the judge rules, the trial has provided a window into the vast and secret world of terrorism watch lists, which currently contain almost 900,000 names scattered among as many as a dozen lists. The no-fly list, which consisted of 16 names before Sept. 11, 2001, had approximately 21,000 names as of early 2012. (Nelson Mandela remained on one terrorist watch list until 2008, when Congress removed him through special legislation.) The government doesn’t reveal listing criteria or the evidence it relies on to put people on the lists. For those who believe they have been improperly added, removal is a long, obscure process that requires appealing to the authorities responsible for creating the list in the first place. “A lot of innocent people are wrongly listed and hurt by your system,” Judge Alsup told the government’s lawyers. In such a shrouded and unaccountable system, trials can do only so much to limit both honest mistakes and unchecked abuse. A first step toward reform would be for Congress to make it easier for people to challenge their inclusion on a watch list and force the government to either defend its decision or correct the error. Say how many NYT reporters have been under surveillance or physically stopped at airports like Laura Poitras Long Before Helping Expose NSA Spying, Journalist Laura Poitras Faced Harassment from U.S. Agents or Glenn Greenwald's partner David Miranda detained at Heathrow airport for nine hours? All the while NYT Head Honcho Bill Keller denounces WikiLeaks Is 'Not My Kind of News Organization' while hugely profitting from many wikileaks docs Assange shared with Keller's NYT. See NPR's NYT Reporter Defends Publishing WikiLeaks Cables ..... On today's Fresh Air, David Sanger, the chief Washington correspondent for The New York Times, responds to Lieberman's remarks and explains why the newspaper decided to publish the cables. Sanger is one of the Times reporters who sifted through the leaked WikiLeaks documents and has since written several articles about what the documents reveal about President Obama's approach to diplomacy with Iran, North Korea, Afghanistan, China and other nations. He explains that the newspaper's editors and its lawyers had lengthy and deliberate conversations before deciding to publish some of the cables. "This was never an easy decision to publish national security information," he says. "I think at the end of this process, what we did was responsible, it was legal and it was important for a democratic society." And not to mention all the Snowden leaks the NYT has (many they have not published but some are held by thier investigative reporters James Risen and Eric Lichtblau - see Rolling Stone Snowden and Greenwald: The Men Who Leaked the Secrets) Arguably the most egregious journalistic sin by the NYT was their willfull supression of this entire NSA/Gummint Spying fiasco when the NYT withheld this HUGE CRAZY REPORT until AFTER the 2004 election! Did the NYT Help Bush Win the 2004 Election by Sitting on the Illegal NSA Wiretapping Story at the Request of Jane Harman? Ya THINK?
NEW LAW! MINNESOTA: All people on assistance will be drug tested. Minnesota's Star Tribune reporter CHRIS SERRES Drug tests of welfare recipients prove costly A new state law designed to prevent drug users from receiving welfare benefits could end up costing taxpayers far more than it saves, while inadvertently denying assistance to poor families simply because they are unable to comply with its complex paperwork. Like a recent wave of drug-testing laws passed in other states, Minnesota’s legislation was touted as a way to encourage greater responsibility among welfare recipients while saving taxpayers money. But many county officials and advocacy groups say the reality is quite different: The law contains a bevy of costly local mandates and complicated rules that apply to just a tiny fraction of the 167,000 Minnesotans receiving welfare and other cash benefits. Critics also say the policy is based on the false perception that large numbers of welfare recipients are using illegal drugs. A new analysis by the state Department of Human Services (DHS) found that participants in Minnesota’s welfare program for low-income families are actually far less likely to have felony drug convictions than the adult population as a whole. “I don’t think anyone is under the illusion that this is about saving taxpayers money,” said Heidi Welsch, director of family support and assistance for Olmsted County. “This is punitive.”........
VIDEO! Another good stocking stuffer! Via Jesse's Café Americain ...18 DECEMBER 2013 Chris Hedges: This Was The Year That Was Here is an excerpt from Chris Hedges' talk at the University of Western Ontario. It is his summary of where we are today, and how we have gotten here.
FUKUSHIMA UPDATE: Dozens of Sailors From USS Ronald Reagan Suffering From Cancer After Japan Earthquake Assistance
Kevin Gosztola at FireDogLake.com's "The Dissenter" blog finds For First Time, Anti-Terrorism Law Used to Have Americans Protesting Keystone XL Pipeline Arrested A demonstration against Devon Energy and the company’s role in fracking and tar sands mining, including the Keystone XL pipeline, ended with four individuals being placed under arrest last week. Two of them were arrested by police on the basis that they had violated an Oklahoma anti-terrorism law prohibiting “terrorism hoaxes.” It is strongly suspected that this happened as a result of advice that TransCanada has been giving local law enforcement in states, where protests against the Keystone XL pipeline have been taking place. They have been meeting with law enforcement and suggesting how terrorism laws could be applied to stop citizens from protesting the corporation’s activities. ........... According to attorney Douglas Parr, who is representing the two individuals who unfurled The Hunger Games banner, glitter “fell off the banner” and on to the floor of the atrium. All protesters inside the building were asked to leave. The two individuals, who dropped The Hunger Games banner and left the building when requested to do so by security, were then sought after by police and arrested. The two people locked inside the revolving door were eventually removed and arrested as well. ........... Stefan and Bailey were booked into jail for a violation of an Oklahoma felony statute called “terrorism hoax.” The statute is intended to prohibit people from “willfully faking a terrorist attack. The two individuals, who locked themselves in the revolving door, were charged with trespassing. “To my knowledge,” Parr stated, “it is the first time that any of these statutes in Oklahoma have been used with regard to protest activity.” It’s also the “first time terrorist charges” have been “used as a basis for an arrest” against individuals protesting the Keystone XL pipeline. Both Stefan and Bailey have not been formally charged with violating a “terrorism hoax” statute, a felony which carries a potential sentence of ten years in prison. They were arrested with “terrorism hoax” as the basis and reports have to be submitted to the Oklahoma District Attorney’s Office. The District Attorney’s Office will ultimately decide if they will be charged. A spokesperson for GPTSR, Eric, noted that the group had video of the action. “Nobody is panicking” in the video when the banner was dropped. “There’s no chaos.” A janitor, he said, cleaned up the glitter with “no protective gear.” But Devon Energy and police chose to escalate the scene and began to discuss possible charges of “biochemical assault” and “terrorism hoax” against protesters. ....... This is too rich: Glitter is now considered a “biochemical assault”? And the ongoing XL Pipeline isn't? What Upsidedown World do we live in? We go to Bill McKibben at Rolling Stone.com for Obama and Climate Change: The Real Story ........... If you want to understand how people will remember the Obama climate legacy, a few facts tell the tale: By the time Obama leaves office, the U.S. will pass Saudi Arabia as the planet's biggest oil producer and Russia as the world's biggest producer of oil and gas combined. In the same years, even as we've begun to burn less coal at home, our coal exports have climbed to record highs. We are, despite slight declines in our domestic emissions, a global-warming machine: At the moment when physics tell us we should be jamming on the carbon brakes, America is revving the engine. ......... You could argue that private industry, not the White House, has driven that boom, and in part you'd be right. But that's not what Obama himself would say. Here's Obama speaking in Cushing, Oklahoma, last year, in a speech that historians will quote many generations hence. It is to energy what Mitt Romney's secretly taped talk about the 47 percent was to inequality. Except that Obama was out in public, boasting for all the world to hear: "Over the last three years, I've directed my administration to open up millions of acres for gas and oil exploration across 23 different states. We're opening up more than 75 percent of our potential oil resources offshore. We've quadrupled the number of operating rigs to a record high. We've added enough new oil and gas pipeline to encircle the Earth, and then some. In fact, the problem is that we're actually producing so much oil and gas that we don't have enough pipeline capacity to transport all of it where it needs to go." Actually, of course, "the problem" is that climate change is spiraling out of control. Under Obama we've had the warmest year in American history – 2012 – featuring a summer so hot that corn couldn't grow across much of the richest farmland on the planet. We've seen the lowest barometric pressure ever recorded north of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, and the largest wind field ever measured, both from Hurricane Sandy. We've watched the Arctic melt, losing three quarters of its summer sea ice. We've seen some of the largest fires ever recorded in the mountains of California, Colorado and New Mexico. And not just here, of course – his term has seen unprecedented drought and flood around the world. The typhoon that just hit the Philippines, according to some meteorologists, had higher wind speeds at landfall than any we've ever seen. When the world looks back at the Obama years half a century from now, one doubts they'll remember the health care website; one imagines they'll study how the most powerful government on Earth reacted to the sudden, clear onset of climate change. ....... Obama loyalists argue that these are as much as you could expect from a president saddled with the worst Congress in living memory. But that didn't mean that the president had to make the problem worse, which he's done with stunning regularity. ...... Do read all of this!
Reporters Without Borders reports 71 journalists were killed in 2013 The annual toll of journalists killed in connection with their work was again very high in 2013, although this year’s number, 71, was a slight fall (-20%) on last year’s, according to the latest round-up of freedom of information violations that Reporters Without Borders issues every year. There was also a big increase (+129%) in abductions and the overall level of violations affecting news providers continued to be very high. “Combatting impunity must be a priority for the international community, given that we are just days away from the 7th anniversary of UN Security Council Resolution 1738 on the safety of journalists and that there have been new international resolutions on the protection of journalists,” Reporters Without Borders secretary-general Christophe Deloire said. .......... Syria, Somalia and Pakistan retained their position among the world’s five deadliest countries for the media (see below). They were joined this year by India and the Philippines, which replaced Mexico and Brazil, although the number of journalists killed in Brazil, five, was the same as last year. Two journalists were killed in Mexico, while three others disappeared. The return of the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) to power and new government pressure on the media contributed to a sharp increase in self-censorship in Mexico. An increase in self-censorship was probably also the reason for the fall in the number of journalists killed in other countries. See this chart by Reporters Without Borders 2013 Press Freedom Annual Round-up.
For some holiday toons try former Air America producer Sanchez's D.J. Santa-Chez!
Greenpeace ‘Santa’ Threatens to ‘Cancel Christmas’ Due to Global Warming Greenpeace UK is soliciting donations to combat global warming with a video entitled “An Urgent Message From Santa.” The video features a deeply depressed, creepy-looking Santa who claims that “melting ice” at the North Pole will force him to “cancel Christmas” unless world leaders act to stop global warming. The Greenpeace “Santa” is played by British actor Jim Carter, a member of the environmental group who also plays the butler in the popular PBS “Downton Abbey” TV series. But the only thing this doom-and-gloom “Santa” has in common with the beloved Jolly St. Nick figure is his familiar-looking red and white suit. .....
Watch the video at www.greenpeace.org.uk or at UTOOB An upload from Santa himself: "Christmas 2013 might be cancelled!"
BTV MEDIA: Yours Truly will be broadcasting LIVE December 24 8-10 am et on WRUW 91.1.FM Cleveland! The SECOND British Invasion! Tune is for our special xmas show!
Enjoy yer Solstice! And yer holiday!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Investigative David Cay Johnston "Makes Absolutely No Sense": David Cay Johnston on Budget Deal That Helps Billionaires, Not the Poor
- Nikki Giovanni, poet, activist and educator. Nikki Giovanni on 1 Year Since Newtown: Where is the Political Leadership on Gun Control?
- More Nikki Giovanni Nikki Giovanni on Poetry, Grief and Her New Book, "Chasing Utopia: A Hybrid"
- David Goodman, journalist and author Nelson Mandela’s "Long Walk to Freedom" Ends with Burial in Home Village of Qunu
- Sascha Meinrath, director of the New America Foundation’s Open Technology Institute As Judge Rules NSA Surveillance "Almost Orwellian," Obama Prepares to Leave Spying Program Intact
- Alan Schwarz, an award-winning New York Times reporter with Jamison Monroe, former teenage Adderall addict, Dr. Gabor Maté & John Edwards, his son, Johnny Edwards, committed suicide in 2007, just months after he was prescribed Adderall The Selling of ADHD: Diagnoses, Prescriptions Soar After 20-Year Marketing Effort by Big Pharma His New York Times Sunday cover story called "The Selling of Attention Deficit Disorder"
- Aitor Zabalgogeazkoa, coordinator for Doctors Without Borders in Syria & Patrick Cockburn, Middle East correspondent for The Independent Geneva Talks "Already Dead" as Syria Faces Unprecedented Humanitarian Crisis, Imploding Opposition
- Patrick Cockburn Patrick Cockburn: U.S. Turns Blind Eye as Saudis Fund Jihadists in Syrian Conflict
- Eric Cheyfitz, professor at Cornell University & Cary Nelson, professor of English at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Debate: Is Academic Group’s Boycott of Israel a Victory or Setback for Justice in Middle East?
- Kirk Wiebe, retired official from the National Security Agency Vindication for Snowden? Obama Panel Backs Major Curbs on NSA Surveillance, Phone Record Data Mining
- MORE Kirk Wiebe NSA Whistleblower Kirk Wiebe Details Gov’t Retaliation After Helping Expose "Gross Mismanagement"
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous, independent journalist and Democracy Now! correspondent Morsi Charged with Terrorism as Egyptian Military Widens Crackdown on Journalists, Activists
- Peter Willcox, captain of the Greenpeace Arctic Sunrise ship & Dimitri Litvinov, a Russian-born U.S. and Swedish citizen Arctic 30 Members Welcome Russian Amnesty, But Refuse to Apologize for Trying to Stop Oil Drilling
- Paul Barrett, assistant managing editor and senior writer at Bloomberg Businessweek Indigenous Groups Win Right to Seize Chevron’s Canadian Assets over $18 Billion in Amazon Pollution
- Jennifer Turner, human rights researcher with the American Civil Liberties Union Obama Commutes 8 "Unfair" Crack Cocaine Sentences as the ACLU Calls For More Reforms to Drug Laws
- Jason Hernandez, one of eight inmates whose sentences were commuted by President Obama Live from Prison: Jason Hernandez Thanks Obama for Commuting His Drug Sentence, Hopes "More to Come"
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Changing the Conversation: Josh Fox Talks Gasland Part II Josh Fox’s Gasland II premieres tonight on HBO. The much anticipated anti-fracking documentary continues to highlight the toll hydraulic fracturing takes on the environment. Read more......
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» SUNDAY FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA on NBC Bears @ Eagles 8:30 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on ESPN Falcons @ 49ers 8:30 pm et »»» NBA on Christmas Day Bulls @ Nets 12 pm et on ESPN; Thunder @ Knicks 2:30 pm et on ABC; Heat @ Lakers 5 pm et on ABC; Rockets @ Spurs 8 pm et on ESPN; Clippers @ Warriors 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! Help us continue the battle to free prisoner of conscience Chelsea Manning in 2014! TDecember 21, 2013. By the Private Manning Support Network. Read about ongoing projects we are working on to support Chelsea while we fight for her immediate release, and consider donating to the defense fund so that we can continue our efforts through 2014! We have raised $26,000 so far of the $40,000 needed to sustain these projects. ..... AND Update 12/19/2013: Supporters celebrate Chelsea's 26th birthday! Supporters at home and abroad gathered to celebrate Chelsea Manning's 26th birthday on December 17th, 2013. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,300 US Military Dead as of Dec. 20, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media at informationclearinghouse R.I.P. Peter Wintonick "Manufacturing Consent" Director Peter Wintonick Dead at 60
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• House Intelligence Committee Chair Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich.
• Senate Intelligence Committee member Sen. Mark Udall, D-Colo.
• ROUNDTABLE: Democratic strategist and ABC News contributor Donna Brazile, ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, Willett Advisors chair and former counselor to the Treasury Secretary Steven Rattner, and Fox News anchor Greta Van Susteren.
• Sunday Spotlight: legendary actors Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• former acting director of the CIA Michael Morell
• ROUNDTABLE panel on the very best books of 2013: Rick Atkinson, author of "The Guns at Last Light," Michael Connelly, author of "The Gods of Guilt," Terry McMillan, author of "Who Asked You?" and George Saunders, author of "The Tenth of December."
• 65-year CBS News tradition continues with a year-end report from CBS News correspondents Margaret Brennan, Nancy Cordes, Major Garrett and David Martin.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 60 Minutes apologizes for Benghazi report
• National Security Advisor Susan Rice
• Seeking NFL QBs among the peewees
• Rocky Mountain High
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• EXCLUSIVE: IMF Chief Christine Lagarde
• Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
• Rep. Peter King (R-NY)
• Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.) on the loss of his son
• Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
• Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.)
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times columnist David Brooks, Washington Post columnist E.J. Dionne, former White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs and Republican strategist Ana Navarro
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin (D)
• Meet the leaders of the Congressional Future Caucus – Hawaii Democrat Tulsi Gabbard and Illinois Republican Aaron Schock
• ROUNDTABLE: The Washington Post’s Dan Balz, New York Times’ Mark Leibovich, Mark Halperin of Time Magazine and CNN “Crossfire” host Newt Gingrich
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY! Friday wrap with a H.O.R.N. listener roundtable! Pull up a cold one! Plus the return of Bill "Mr. Stress" Miller in Hour 3! Listen NOW HERE - Friday, December 20th, 2013 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - December 19, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Network news managed to notice extreme weather, but not climate change in 2013; Congrats, Fox 'News'! Someone finally found fraud at the EPA!; Amnesty for the Arctic 30; Good news for Ecuadoran villagers suing Chevron; The #1 Environmental Story of the Year; PLUS: RETHINK your holidays --- make 'em greener! ... All that and more in our last Green News Report of the year!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Yep, we feed cows chicken poop (thanks, FDA); Pres. Eisenhower was an environmentalist (video); November 2013 warmest on record; Chevron failed to maintain SF refinery; L.A. mandates 'cool roofs'; Japan's battle to prove Fukushima fish are safe; Obama & climate change: the real story; BP's oil still killing dolphins; 60 watt incandescents phased out Jan. 1 ... PLUS: In the Deep South, dirty energy and disenfranchisement go hand in hand ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - December 10, 2013 The climate action legacy of Nelson Mandela; Historic water compact in the volatile Middle East; Air pollution linked to autism; Water pollution linked to miscarriages; PLUS: Canada is claiming the North Pole because... drill baby drill ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• 'Green News Report' - December 17, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Sorry Tucker Carlson and Fox "News", November 2013 was the hottest November on record; Wacky winter weather strikes around the world; Ski the Italian Alps while you still can; Plastic pollution now confirmed in all of the Great Lakes; PLUS: An ingenious new solution to the plastic pollution problem ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Bush Holdover Finally Out, Obama Appointee Finally In at Federal Housing Agency In wake of filibuster rule change, Dem approved to take over agency overseeing federal mortgage reform...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! GOP 'Voter Fraud' Front Group Denied Motion to Intervene in TX Photo ID CaseFederal judge dismisses hapless Republican voter suppression outlet True the Vote's attempt to join defendant TX in DoJ lawsuit...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! JUDGE: NSA SPY PROGRAMS 'LIKELY UNCONSTITUTIONAL', 'ALMOST ORWELLIAN' Federal judge finds mass collection of phone records likely violates 4th Amndmnt protection against unreasonable search, seizure...
• BRADCAST! 'BradCast': Dr. Michael Mann, The 'Hockey Stick' & the Very Center of the Climate Wars Brad's KPFK/Pacifica Radio intvw with perhaps the most attacked climatologist in the world, who also created one very famous graph...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 17 Dec 2013 PBC News & Comment: Snowden Seeks Refuge in Brazil as Court Opens Legal Floodgate Monday’s Washington Snowden storm: White House rejects amnesty as Obama meets with angry tech execs and court rules against NSA…
• PBC News & Comment 18 Dec 2013 PBC News & Comment: In White House Reversal, Report of NSA “Reform” Panel to be Released Today In change of plans, White House to release today report from panel of spooks that suggests cosmetic changes at NSA….
• PBC News & Comment 20 Dec 2013 PBC News & Comment: My 1,000th Podcast, Last of 2013! n podcast #1,000–our last of 2013–we examine Obama’s year-end press conference, his masterful spin on tough NSA questions….
• PBC Standard Podcast Dec. 13, 2013 Michael Ratner of Center for Constitutional Rights Echos Original Gitmo Commander: Shut Down Guantanamo!
• PBC Standard Podcast Dec. 17, 2013 Journalist/Author Max Blumenthal Details Racism and Theocracy in Israel; Prof. David Lloyd on Vote by Academics to Boycott Israel
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Dec. 20, 2013 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Congressman Peter DeFazio will explain why he was one of the few Democrats to vote against the Ryan-Murray budget.
• Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi will be here to talk about the latest Wall Street scams.
• Salon.com contributor David Dayen will explain the countless problems with the budget deal.
• Author Les Leopold will tell us how cities across the country are fighting back against greedy Wall Street bankers.
• And Tim Dickinson from Rolling Stone will discuss the good and bad things that have happened with gun control in the last year.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Dec. 21, 2013 Sundays at NOON!
»» Former Florida governor, and current gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist, is going to tell us why he left the Republican Party, and his experience watching the Party fall apart from the inside.
»» Harold Meyerson from the American Prospect will tell us about the growing problem of Wall Street Democrats, and why they are poisoning the Party.
»» Sam Seder, co-host of Ring of Fire, is going to talk about the need to support honest, progressive candidates in next year’s midterm elections.
»» Award-winning documentary filmmaker Sue Wilson is going to tell us why we need to fight back against the corporate media by supporting independent journalists and news outlets.
»» And we’re going to take a look at how corporate America is pushing us closer and closer towards a system of “sweatshop capitalism.”
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on December 21, 2013 by Joshua Schwitzerlett - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on November 30, 2013 by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• VIDEO! RFK, Jr. and Seder: Examining the Minimum Wage Debate (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Robert F. Kennedy and Sam Seder discuss how necessary it is for the federal minimum wage to be raised.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Republican Voter Fraud Witch Hunt Continues (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz talk about the wasted time and money going into the Republicans’ continued search for evidence of voter fraud.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 12/16/13 Michelle Goldberg: The Rights War on ‘White Trash’ & The Poor
• TUESDAY 12/17/13 Bob Herbert: The Real Nelson Mandela Legacy
• WEDNESDAY 12/18/13 Emily Bazelon: Judge Rules Against NSA Snooping
• THURSDAY 12/19/13 Digby: The Conservative Movement Will Always Threaten America
• FRIDAY 12/20/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Isabel Gillies V Film Guy Matthew Weiss
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• GOLD, GOLD, GOLD! by Stacy Herbert - Is now the time to buy? .......
• Jim Willie: In 2014 The Failure Begins! by The Doc - The entire global financial system hurtles toward failure, which has been the quintessential Hat Trick Letter forecast since the year 2007, when numerous failure signals flashed red. The QE bond monetization by the USFed, joined by the other major central banks, has been adopted as permanent, just as forecasted in 2010. The ZIRP zero bound rate has been adopted as permanent also, just as forecasted in 2009. The consensus continues the totally incorrect viewpoint of monetary accommodation being stimulus, when it instead is killing capital and destroying the economy.
The systemic breakdown has become widely recognized. Systemic failure and widespread sovereign bond default is no longer avoidable, nor is big bank failures. The breakdown failure will begin to occur in earnest, with acceleration, in year 2014.
The Global Currency Reset is a euphemism for the Return of the Gold Standard, which will seethe Gold Price will rise to $3000/oz.
Click here for Jim Willie’s latest Hat Trick Letter on the failure begins in 2014!
• Druids gather to celebrate the winter solstice by Stacy Herbert - ITV News Druids gather to celebrate the winter solstice at Stonehenge http://itv.co/18ZUUpS
• Gold and Silver’s Bear Market Looks Like It’s Over by maxkeiser - READ Precious Metals Bear is in its Final Throes (thedailygold.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR537] Keiser Report: Airbrushing Past Failures We believe we are all Jang now! The despicable human scum that was Kim Jong Un’s now executed uncle also got the blame for someone else’s ‘uncontrollable catastrophe’ of an economy. They also look at signs of North Korea like propaganda in the UK, US and India. In the second half, Max asks Mitch Feierstein, author of Planet Ponzi, if the UK economy is anything more than farts and jet engines. They also discuss the charts which show Janet Yellen will be taking over the reigns of a bubble and why it is that a ponzi scheme cannot be tapered.
• KEISER REPORT [KR538] Keiser Report: Bankster Bacteria We discuss factory-farmed citizen consumers who live in mom’s basement, dragging the economy down with them. They also discuss the monoculture of housing bubbles and high interest rate loans in the workplace. In the second half, Max interviews Bill Still about his conversion to crypto-currencies and what role of the NSA spying scandal played in his decision.
• KEISER REPORT [KR539] Keiser Report: Warty Debtnuts in Pool of Fraud We discuss the warty sea walnuts that are the populations floating through credit space seeking to soak up more debt to feed the pool of derivatives and fraud in which they live and breathe. In the second half, Max interviews coder, hacker and author, Andreas Antonopoulos about Bitcoin (Twitter address: @aantonop). While, at the moment, Bitcoin is a shallow pool of volatility, it cannot be uninvented and is a a way of achieving consensus on a distributed ledger of assets without the ability to cheat. Its role as a currency is just the first ‘app’ on the bitcoin network; other applications could be stock exchanges and peer to peer lending.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1301] The Truth About Markets – 21 December 2013 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream.......
• Scott Horton Radio Show 12/17/13 Marcy Wheeler: Blogger Marcy Wheeler discusses Judge Richard Leon’s pushback against the NSA’s mass-collection of phone metadata; the big tech companies interested in reigning in the NSA’s excesses; and why NSA Director Keith Alexander’s office needs to be split up into smaller and less powerful divisions.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 12/19/13 Trita Parsi: Trita Parsi, founder and president of the National Iranian American Council, discusses NIAC’s report Extending Hands & Unclenching Fists: Reorienting Iran’s Outlook Beyond the Nuclear Deal; how Rouhani’s fluke electoral landslide gave him a mandate for bold diplomacy; and how violations of the spirit of the Iran agreement (last minute additional sanctions) will eventually break the negotiating process.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 12/20/13 Robert Naiman: Robert Naiman, Policy Director at Just Foreign Policy, discusses his article “President Karzai, Stand Tall Against US Pressure to Sign the Troop Deal.”
• Visit his blog Stress. See ScottHorton.org for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee (R)
• Best-selling author Joel Osteen
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml