Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Waterloo Last week we witnessed racial slurs, homophobic insults and vicious attacks and that was INSIDE the House chamber! While some 14 states' Attorneys General already filed lawsuits to challenge the legislation (13 GOP & one Dem so far), The Hill reports JOHN MCCAIN said an interview with an Arizona radio affiliate that "there will be no cooperation for the rest of the year. [Democrats] have poisoned the well in what they've done and how they've done it" taking the GOP's Little Green Football home in an oh-so-"bipartisanshippy" way. Then some ill-informed (wonder how THAT happened) teabagger posted Rep. Tom Perriello's (D-Va) home address, but posted Rep. Perriello's BROTHER's address instead, where someone vandalized the home by cutting the propane gas line to their grill. Well, House Minority leader JOHN "Crybaby" BOEHNER quickly called acts of violence or vandalism “not acceptable.” Perriello disagreed saying, “Actually, I thought his statement was fairly outrageous,” on CNN Thursday morning. “What he was saying was, 'For those of you who are threatening people's children, we want you to channel that anger into the campaign.' No, we want those people to go to jail.” (h/t TPMMuckraker with video) Seems the GOP have now resorted to the Pee Wee Herman "I know you are but what am I" defense as Billmon @ kos reminds us in Spock with a Beard: The Sequel (read it all) "Thus the rather amazing press conference Minority Whip Eric Cantor held earlier today, in which the Virginia Republican in effect accused the Democrats of inciting violence against all those innocent teabaggers out there who are simply expressing their sacred constitutional right to spit on black people and fax pictures of hangman’s nooses to their elected representatives....What makes this particular example so cunning are the specific words used. Liberals complain that conservative protesters have worn guns to teabagger rallies, or waved signs warning that if "Brown can’t stop this, a Browning can"? Well, now the Democrats also have been accused of using "weapons." Has the RNC stepped over the line by showing Nancy Pelosi burning in a sea of fire? Well, the Democrats are also "fanning the flames." Did the GOP House members encourage their followers to think of themselves as a revolutionary army by waving "Don’t Tread on Me" signs from the House balcony during the HCR vote? Well, the Democrats are also "ratcheting up the rhetoric." This is pretty sophisticated stuff -- way beyond what I would expect from your typical hack GOP congressman. Which does make me wonder who’s writing Cantor’s stuff these days (Step on out from behind the curtain, Karl: We can see you.) The shiny new health care bill seems to have reinvigorated the Dems (see our inbox full with donation pleas) and there are hundreds of "What this bill will do for you" posts all over the nets. The group that fought hardest for H.R. 676 Single-payer, HealthCare-NOW.org, has a contrary list at Medicare-for-All Advocates Say Bill Fails to Meet Needs of People. “We now have insurance reform based on a market model, but that model has failed to work up to now. This bill puts corporate interests before the American people. What people need is health care, not health insurance,” states Katie Robbins, National Organizer of Healthcare-NOW! Their laundry list of what's wrong with the bill is quite extensive so have a look. Chris Floyd at Empire Burlesque (h/t maddy) observes how even the most ardent liberal can get "compromised" in Progressive Front: Well Done, Thou Good and Faithful Servant: That's right: Dennis is now fronting the big-time money-grubbing operations of party hacks! Just days ago, Kucinich was condemning the health care bill as a bad, tainted piece of pork: "a giveaway to the insurance industry -- $70 billion a year, and no guarantees of any control over premiums, forcing people to buy private insurance. I just don't see that this bill is the solution." But now, he's out there rattling the cup for the very ladlers of corporate pork he has been castigating for months, writing in the new donation pitch: "On Tuesday, I ... witnessed an historic ceremony in the White House, where President Obama signed health care reform into law. I am pleased to have played a role in helping make this important moment possible." But the most bizzarre of all was gwb's former speech writer David Frum writing in his blog FrumForum Waterloo, "We followed the most radical voices in the party and the movement, and they led us to abject and irreversible defeat." But then only three days later Howie Kurtz at WaPo reports Conservative David Frum loses think tank job after criticizing GOP: "Three days after calling health-care reform a debacle for Republicans, David Frum was forced out of his job at the American Enterprise Institute on Wednesday. The ouster also came one day after a harsh Wall Street Journal editorial ripped the former speechwriter for President George W. Bush, saying he "now makes his living as the media's go-to basher of fellow Republicans" and accusing him of "peddling bad revisionist history." " Huh! Frum must not have gotten the GOP talking points email? And finally our hypocrite-of-the-week award goes to Alabama Constitutional Militia's Mike Vanderboegh as desrcibed by TaraDactyl at RepublicanDirtyTricks.com Mike Vanderboegh: Violence Inspiring Anti-Government Thug is Sucking off the Government Teat writing, "Now that his hypocrisy (what else is new?) has been exposed, Vanderboegh felt the need to address it on one of his many blogs. His “reasoning” is the classic dance of justification and rationalization members of the “pull yourself up by your bootstraps” crowd employ when ultimately exposed as the frauds they are. Here’s his justification in its entirety – (my comments in red)" Good stuff! In summary, Dems pass health insurance bill using reconciliation, GOP decry it as a dirty trick (even though they used the same maneuver to pass bu$h tax cuts for the wealthy and more), core-GOP-constituency teabaggers resort to violence, GOP cry that they have experienced violence too, while big pharma and big med get all the goodies they want and prog/libs are thrown a few bones, many that don't kick in for years. With all that in mind, the Sunday funnies should be more of the same. This Guest Host gets Governors HALEY BARBOUR and ED RENDELL, while Meet the David goes with CHUCK SCHUMER and LINDSEY GRAHAM. Throw your imaginary mental bricks at completely delusional MICHELE BACHMAN on Face the Bob. State of Crowley gets a face off with Senators LAMAR ALEXANDER and BARBARA MIKULSKI. The WH Limo drops of DAVID AXELROD at Crowley's too plus VALERIE JARRETT on This Guest Host. Get more news and commentary from our usual prog/lib round-up Ring of Fire, PBC podcasts, Max Keiser on economic issues plus Michael Moore on Democracy Now in BTV alerts. BTV contributor ms-in-la advises, "(YerOnYerOwn) YOYO is here. But we've got each other... Like minded people are hooking up - meeting up - and the best thing about living in dark times is? How easy it is to spot the light." Well said. Enjoy your Sunday and the rest of the week.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Michael Moore @ Democracy NOW! We speak with Academy Award-winning filmmaker Michael Moore. “The healthcare bill that was passed ultimately will be seen as a victory for capitalism,” Moore says. “It protected the capitalist model of providing healthcare for people—in other words, we are not to help unless there is money to be made from it.” WATCH Michael Moore: Healthcare Bill “A Victory for Capitalism”. RELATED: Moore on Diane Rehm NPR March 17, 2010
»»» Allan Nairn @ Democracy NOW! Since Allan Nairn broke the news of the assassination program on Democracy Now! on Friday, the Indonesian press has been buzzing with the allegations. A military spokesman told the Jakarta Globe that the military is considering legal action against Nairn. WATCH EXCLUSIVE…Journalist Allan Nairn Facing Possible Arrest in Indonesia for Exposing US-Backed Forces Assassinated Civilians
»»» Azam Ahmed, reporter for the Chicago Tribune @ Democracy NOW! We speak with the Chicago Tribune reporter who broke the story and with two Chicago organizers about Duncan and his aggressive plan to expand charter schools. WATCH A Look at Arne Duncan’s VIP List of Requests at Chicago Schools and the Effects of his Expansion of Charter Schools in Chicago
»»» Health Care Bill passes @ Democracy NOW! Congress has approved a package of final changes to the landmark healthcare overhaul. The House of Representatives put the finishing touches on the bill Thursday night after the Senate approved the package on a 56-43 vote. The reconciliation package does not include a public insurance option, though backers of the plan said they will work to see it implemented in follow-up legislation. WATCH Congress OKs Final Changes to Healthcare Overhaul
»»» GRITtv HAS MOVED! Find us at www.grittv.org
»»» Arundhati Roy @ GRITtv Novelist, activist, journalist, internal security threat? Arundhati Roy joins us for a special conversation about her journey into the forest in the heart of India to talk to Maoist revolutionaries. Roy talks with Laura about resistance and struggle, war and colonialism, how you can't fire bullets at an ideology, and why we should all become internal security threats. WATCH Arundhati Roy: Becoming Internal Security Threats
»»» "Checkpoints and More" @ GRITtvNahr al-Bared ("Cold River") refugee camp in Lebanon is home to 20,000 displaced Palestinians, struggling to rebuild their home after its destruction in 2007. The camp has been around for some 60 years, and in this excerpt from "Checkpoints and More" by A Films, residents of the camp tell their stories. WATCH Checkpoints and More
»»» NASCAR on FOX It's the Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500 from Martinsville. Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» NCAA on CBS Two more games until the Final Four! Michigan State #5 vs. Tennessee #6 [MIDWEST] then Duke #1 vs. Baylor #3 [SOUTH] Coverage begins at 2 pm et.
»»» NBA on TNT Thursday DOUBLEHEADER! Magic @ Mavs 8 pm et then Blazers @ Nuggets at 10:30 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERT!! ©
MOVE TO AMEND
We Move to Amend. @ www.movetoamend.org
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United, and move to amend our Constitution to:
* Firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
* Guarantee the right to vote and to participate, and to have our votes and participation count.
* Protect local communities, their economies, and democracies against illegitimate "preemption" actions by global, national, and state governments.
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,386 Military Dead as of March 27, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,027 Military Dead as of March 27, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with guest anchor ABC's Jake Tapper
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett
• Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour
• Pennsylvania Democratic Governor Ed Rendell
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Democratic Strategist Donna Brazile, Peggy Noonan of the Wall Street Journal and New York Times columnist and Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Tim Kaine, DNC Chairman
• Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C.
• Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE CASE AGAINST NADA PROUTY - Former FBI and CIA terrorism fighter Nada Prouty was herself accused of aiding terrorism, but in her first interview, she denies she was anything other than a patriot. Scott Pelley investigates her case. Graham Messick is the producer
• THE RUSSIAN IS COMING - Mikhail Prokhorov, perhaps Russia's richest man, discusses his planned purchase of the N.J. Nets basketball team, his vast wealth and the surprisingly unusual way he made most of his money in his first American television interview. Steve Kroft reports. Robert Anderson is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
• ROUNDTABLE: Presidential Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin; Editor of Newsweek Jon Meacham; Republican Strategist Mike Murphy; and Democratic Strategist Bob Shrum.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
State of the Union with Candy Crowley offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, 9 am and 12 pm et
• Senior White House adviser David Axelrod.
• Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
• Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD)
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 (mp3) A homily for Timmy Jeebo and more! Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- NEW! ACTION POINT with Cynthia Black on HEAD ON RADIO!
"Solution Politics" Talk Radio Streaming weekends from Head On Radio Network LIVE Saturdays 7pm - 10pm (ET) with repeats all weekend! Pick your HEAD ON STREAMING HERE! TUNE IN NOW!
• ACTION POINT: Saturday: 3-27, 2010: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly…
7P ET: Hour One: To coin a phrase, it IS a BIG FUCKING DEAL! Top News, “Obamacare” passes, and that’s The Good, but not for the reasons many think and not without some downsides…
8P Hour Two: ..and therein lies The Bad; progressive naysaying undermining our natural political allies (Democrats) and our natural political allies possibly going soft thanks to complacency and whiney rightey propoganda…
9P: Hour Three: …which brings us to The Ugly ‘right’ and what we need to do to stop them. Finally we round out the evening with Greg Palast and The Palast Report.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #113 Published on 19 March 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- John Fitzgerald, not a Kennedy–but a fiery progressive. Fitzgerald is challenging 21-term Rep. George Miller in the June primary, to send a message from progressive Democrats to their leaders: “don’t ignore us”. From healthcare to warfare, failure to hold BushCo accountable, to Wall St. bailouts, Fitzgerald has strong and thoughtful progressive positions detailed here. He is a home painting contractor who’s been burned by the housing bubble burst, and Fitzgerald has never run for office before. And he gets extra points for political courage: he calls for a new investigation of the events of 9/11.
• Info on Podcast #115 Published on 23 March 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Dems health insurance victory? Cuba Rising. On the day Obama signs the Senate bill just passed by the House, Margaret Flowers, MD returns to critique the bill and renew the call for single payer. Dr. Flowers, who was arrested on the order of Sen. Baucus for demanding hearings on single payer, describes the major shortcomings of this legislation, and agrees that the limited benefits delivered–such as an end to pre-existing conditions, lifetime caps and policy cancellation–do not come with adequate enforcement or penalties. Dr. Flowers urges single payer advocates to continue the struggle here. PBC cites a valuable myth-busting chart from Jane Hamsher and Firedoglake.com which refutes the happy-talk talking points we are hearing from Democrats about this “historic reform”. And we take a fresh look at the island nation of Cuba with Jonathan Showe, author of the new book Cuba Rising: An American Insider’s Perspective. Showe has been to Cuba over 80 times in the last 12 years, and offers many interesting comments on the Castro Brothers, a half century of failed US policies of sanction and isolation, the power of Cuban exiles in US politics, attitudes toward the US and Guantanamo, and more.
• Info on Podcast #116 Published on 19 March 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- JProf. Stephen Jones on 9/11 explosive evidence; 2 activists fight White House on coal ash rules. Dr. Jones details the peer reviewed study that confirms that dust from 4 locations near the World Trade Center contained residue from the high tech explosive nanothermite. We begin the conversation with Jones’ description of his early retirement from Brigham Young University, under pressure from the Cheney White House, then talk about the study. He also references an earlier study, found here. While the discussion is a bit technical at times, and Jones’ cell fades out sometimes, the information is important and persuasive. In our second segment, we hear from two activists who are fighting White House czar Cass Sunstein, who is holding up approval of new EPA rules on coal ash: Peter Kelley, whose group has set up a cool website and taken out an ad in the Harvard Crimson (Sunstein is on leave from Harvard) to challenge the czar; and Tim Tanksley, who lives very close to a toxic coal ash dump near Bokoshe, Oklahoma which is run by the cynically-named “Making Money Having Fun” company, which has recently (and more cynically) been re-named Clean Hydro.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted March 26th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire, political advisor Nick Littlefield will be joining us to talk about the historic passage of healthcare reform this week.
• Best-selling author David Kirby will be joining us to talk about the dangers of factory farming, and how these farms are killing local communities across the country.
• Marcy Winograd will be here to tell us about her campaign against Jane Harman to represent California’s 36th Congressional district in the House, and we’ll talk about how more and more moderate and conservative democrats are facing uphill battles in the midterm elections as they’re being challenged by true progressive candidates.
• And author David DeGraw will be joining us once again to talk about the ultra-secret business organization that is working behind the scenes and behind closed doors to control our elected officials.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• The Company’s Man, The Fed’s Buying and The Bid’s Riggers Stacy Summary: Looks like the Miracle 51% Voting Machine has delivered the election to anti-Iranian, ‘former’ CIA asset, Ayad Allawi. Very clever the way they waited a few years after their first attempt when they just openly installed him. More subtle this way. And re: JPMorgan and UBS (both CEOs are good mates with the President) let’s see if the Tea Party protests or the Congress demands an end to all Federal contracts . . . don’t hold your breath. READ Ayad Allawi edges out al-Maliki in close election (HuffPo) plus Freaking out over end of Fed mortgage buying (BusinessInsider.com) and JPMorgan and UBS named as conspirators in US muni bond fraud and bid rigging
• [KR28] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Scandal! – And Helen Skopis of Athens International Radio! Stacy Summary: Here it is, hopefully NSAtube will be working . . .
• [OTE47] On the Edge with Max Keiser & Dmitry Orlov – 26 March 2010 Stacy Summary: Enjoy! A headline we mention, “Is China’s Property Balloon Burstable?”
•  The Truth About Markets – 27 March 2010 Stacy Summary: Real debts, virtual currencies, IMF gold, Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund, political betting markets, Tories. Download show HERE (mp3).
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Barrett Brown (mp3) 39:47 March 26 2010. Barrett Brown, regular contributor to The Onion, discusses the apparent attack on WikiLeaks by several national intelligence agencies, how hyperlinks make internet-sourced information easier to fact check than traditional media, the upcoming release (April 5 at the National Press Club) of a WikiLeaks video that reveals a Pentagon murder-coverup and why effective data encryption is now more important than ever.
• Scott Horton interviews Gen. Robert G. Gard (mp3) 25:24 March 19 2010. Lt. General Robert G. Gard, Jr., Chairman of the Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation, discusses Israel’s ability to drag the US into a war with Iran, the difficulty of destroying Iran’s Natanz nuclear facility even with bunker-busting bombs, Pentagon war games that exposed serious US vulnerabilities to Iranian retaliation, the need to vastly reduce the number of nuclear weapons in the US and Russia and why the aircraft carrier-based US Navy is becoming obsolete.
• First ever Florida GOP Senate Primary debate between Governor Charlie Crist and Former FL Speaker of the House Marco Rubio.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!