Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Israel Gaza Violence Update Before we get to the latest Israeli aggression in what Noam Chomsky and others have called "an open-air prison" we look to TomDispatch regular Ellen Cantarow and Frack Fight: A Secret War of Activists -- With the World in the Balance There’s a war going on that you know nothing about between a coalition of great powers and a small insurgent movement. It’s a secret war being waged in the shadows while you go about your everyday life. In the end, this conflict may matter more than those in Iraq and Afghanistan ever did. And yet it’s taking place far from newspaper front pages and with hardly a notice on the nightly news. Nor is it being fought in Yemen or Pakistan or Somalia, but in small hamlets in upstate New York. There, a loose network of activists is waging a guerrilla campaign not with improvised explosive devices or rocket-propelled grenades, but with zoning ordinances and petitions. The weaponry may be humdrum, but the stakes couldn’t be higher. Ultimately, the fate of the planet may hang in the balance. ..... Today, that activist legacy is evident in a grassroots insurgency in upstate New York, a struggle by ordinary Americans to protect what remains of their democracy and the Earth’s fragile environment from giant corporations intent on wrecking both. On one side stands New York’s anti-fracking community; on the other, the natural gas industry, the state’s Department of Environmental Conservation, and New York’s industry-allied Joint Landowners Coalition. ..... “I have never seen [an environmental movement] spread with such wildfire as this,” says Robert Boyle, a legendary environmental activist and journalist who was central in the Storm King case and founded Riverkeeper, the prototype for all later river-guardian organizations. “It took me 13 or 14 years to get the first Riverkeeper going. Fracking isn’t like that. It’s like lighting a train of powder.” ..... Delaware Riverkeeper, an environmental organization, found out about the XTO application and spread the word. Within days, the DRBC received 7,900 letters of outrage. On June 1, 2011, hundreds of citizens, organized by grassroots anti-frackers, packed a hearing in Deposit, a village in Sanford Township that lies at the confluence of the creek and the western branch of the Delaware River. Only two people spoke at the meeting in favor of XTO. One was the Supervisor (mayor) of Sanford, Dewey Decker. He applauded the XTO application and denounced protestors as “outsiders.” He is among a group of landowners who have leased land to XTO for hundreds of millions of dollars. (Decker refused to be interviewed for this article.) The rest of the crowd spoke up for the creek, its fish, and its wildlife. The Delaware River Basin Commission indefinitely tabled the XTO application. While a grassroots victory, the episode also served as a warning about how determined the industry is to move forward with fracking plans despite the state-enforced moratorium still in place. As a result, Caroline and other towns are continuing to develop local anti-fracking measures, since they know that the 2010 ban on the process will end whenever Governor Cuomo okays rules currently being written by the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). ...... Demonstrations against Cuomo’s frack plan, which drew thousands to Washington D.C., Albany, and elsewhere in New York, included pledges to commit sustained acts of civil disobedience should the governor carry out plans to open the Pennsylvania border area of the state to fracking. At the end of September, the New York Times announced that Cuomo had retreated from his June stance. The report credited the state’s grassroots movement for his change of mind. Legendary for his toughness and political smarts, the governor will confront a political challenge in the coming months. Either he will please gas-industry supporters or his Democratic base. Whichever way he goes, it could affect his chances for the White House. The stakes, however, are far larger than Cuomo’s presidential aspirations. Opening any part of the state to fracking will certainly damage the local environment. More importantly, a grassroots win in New York State could open the door to a nationwide anti-fracking surge. A loss might, in the long run, result in a cascade of environmental degradation beyond the planet’s ability to cope. As unlikely as it sounds, the fate of the Earth may rest with the residents of Middlefield, Caroline, Vestal, and scores of tiny villages and small towns you’ve never heard of..... Go read all of this very important article and spread it to everybody!
Earnest A. Canning explains why 'Dark Money' Hearings Needed in U.S. Senate at BradBlog.com Lisa Graves, of The Center for Media and Democracy [CMD], is "asking citizens to contact their Senator and demand hearings on the way 'dark money' has stealthily influenced the election." The CMD's proposal includes a specific demand that Charles and David Koch be subpoenaed to testify --- something which, Graves explains, the oil and chemical magnate brothers evaded some 15 years ago when U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (R-TN) blocked efforts to force them to testify about their use of front groups to influence elections. Unlike the GOP, whose calls for "Watergate-style" Benghazi hearings have been described as "political theater," the incoming 55-member Senate Democratic Caucus is in a position to conduct a broad and thorough set of hearings that could expose the ever-present threat to the very survival of democratic governance by what former Vice President Henry A. Wallace described as "the American fascist." Coming within the context of near universal opposition to the flood of corporate money that drown out the voices of ordinary citizens, such hearings could also serve to catapult growing calls to not only overturn the infamous Citizens United decision but to end the concept of "corporate personhood" and establish that money is not "free speech." ..... Great Item! Much more! Sign up at The Center for Media and Democracy's "Investigate the Kochs and Dark Money in the 2012 Elections" to contact your senators now!
Next The Free Press Blasts FCC for Plan to Gut Ownership Rules Without Public Input or Transparency WASHINGTON -- On Monday, Free Press slammed the Federal Communications Commission’s proposal to further weaken media ownership rules. The FCC has kept most details under wraps, but reports indicate the plan would allow cross-ownership of newspaper and TV stations in the 20 largest broadcast markets. Other rule changes would allow for greater radio consolidation. The FCC is also reportedly attempting to avoid holding a vote on the matter at an open FCC meeting, and the agency has not held any public hearings on the proposed rule changes. The rules are similar to those proposed by then-FCC Chairman Kevin Martin in 2007. Martin’s rules were later overturned by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. In its decision, the court directed the FCC to study the impact of its rule changes on ownership diversity — something the agency has failed to do. Nearly 40 percent of the U.S. TV stations owned by people of color are located in the 20 largest markets, raising concerns that Chairman Genachowski's proposal would lead to even lower levels of minority broadcast ownership. Free Press President and CEO Craig Aaron made the following statement:
- “Chairman Genachowski’s attempt to overhaul longstanding media ownership limits is little more than a gift-wrapped giveaway to Rupert Murdoch. Recycling the Bush administration’s failed policies not only ignores the will of the courts and Congress but is a slap in the face of the 99 percent of Americans who oppose further media consolidation.
“It’s shameful that this administration has chosen to ignore the public without ever facing them. Chairman Genachowski hasn’t attended a single public hearing on this proposal. In the previous administration, Chairman Kevin Martin held at least seven public hearings across the country attended by all five commissioners.
“It’s baffling that the FCC is even considering rushing to vote on this warmed-over proposal. The Third Circuit made it crystal clear that the agency must study the impact of any rule changes on broadcasting opportunities for women and people of color. The FCC hasn’t done anything like this.
"The existing data show increasing consolidation crowds out female and minority owners, who tend to be smaller businesses that own just a single station. Does the FCC actually think that increasing consolidation will help achieve President Obama's goal of greater ownership diversity?
"The FCC's headlong rush to push through these policies behind closed doors shows a blatant disregard for its own public interest mandate and the court's clear instructions."
And at BradBlog.com Sue Wilson provides a follow-up to the news of the shuttering of Lib/Prog talk radio outlet KPOJ in Portland and KPTK in Seattle soon switch-to-sports programming Will the FCC Finally Act to Enforce the Rule of Law and Protect Our Public Airwaves? .... There is a little known ritual that occurs in the election years when Democrats prevail: Big "Conservative" Media starts to pull progressive talk radio off the air. I documented this in my 2009 documentary film, Broadcast Blues: after Democratic candidates made big gains in 2006, Clear Channel and other public airwaves radio licensees pulled several well performing progressive talk radio stations off the air, and replaced them with sports and other programming. It would be easier to understand if the new programs got big ratings bumps, but that didn't happen. The new shows' ratings are typically only half those of Progressive Talkers. True to form, Clear Channel Communications, which owns about 850 radio stations nationwide, took the Progressive voices off of the public airwaves in Portland, Oregon just days after Democrats won big nationwide. ..... But as of November 9th, as reported here on The BRAD BLOG, Portland joined the ranks of the other 5% of the country which can hear many stations spewing Right Wing propaganda [PDF]9, but not a single one broadcasting progressive points of view. A few days later, we learned that the CBS-owned Progressive station in Seattle --- also in one of the most progressive cities in the nation --- is scheduled to disappear, most likely on the first of the year. It's KPTK caller letters have already been changed to KFNQ (Fan Q) in preparation for the all sports station it is scheduled to soon become, unless something changes. Take a look at these maps from Broadcast Blues, graphically representing the number of Rightwing vs. Progressive radio stations as of 2009....[go look at these maps!] .... People in Portland are now organizing against Clear Channel to bring the progressive point of view back to the airwaves they own. ... A Save KPOJ petition site has been set up, urging Clear Channel to flip the station back to progressive talk, and a Save KPOJ Facebook page has cropped up as well. .... But these are the Public Airwaves, not the Republican airwaves, so on November 1st, the Media Action Center (MAC) filed a legal challenge with the Federal Communications Commission to deny WISN and WTMJ their licenses. ....... So, FCC, We the People are depending on you to protect our interests. We are watching closely, and we will not go away quietly. If you'd like to encourage the FCC to do its job in protecting the public interest obligations of broadcasters over our public airwaves, here's how: Politely, but firmly, email Peter Doyle, the Chief of the FCC's Media Bureau's Audio Division, and tell him you believe the FCC should pull the licenses from WTMJ and WISN and Wisconsin for using our publicly owned airwaves for one-sided political gain. Also, you can email Bobby Baker, who oversees political programming in the FCC's Media Bureau's Policy Division; tell him the FCC needs to stand up for the First Amendment Rights of all of those in the community who are being privately censored by upholding the Zapple Doctrine (We wrote more on the Zapple Doctrine here.) The FCC's primary job is protect the public's interest. They should start right now. Please join us in letting them know! We know here in Ohio how the prog stations went dark after the 2006 Statewide Dem sweep so help out Portland and Seattle!
Two items you must read about the latest violence in the Gaza Strip: First Prof Michel Chossudovsky at GlobalResearch.ca The US-Israeli Attack on Gaza The Western media in chorus has described the Israeli attack on Gaza as an ad hoc IDF-led counterterrorism operation, launched on the grounds of “self defense” in response to Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel. While reports acknowledge that president Obama, in the wake of the November 6 elections, had granted a “Green Light” to Tel Aviv, the central issue does not pertain to Washington’s support but rather to the direct involvement of the US government and military in the planning and implementation of the attack on Gaza. What is significant in assessing US involvement in Operation “Pillar of Cloud” is the fact that in the month prior to the attacks, the US and Israel were involved in the conduct of the largest joint war games in Israeli history. The objective of the war games was to test Israel’s missile air defense system against attacks from far and near, namely from Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas. ..... It should be understood that the joint US-Israeli war games were intended to lead towards an actual military operation. Pillar of Cloud was planned well in advance. It had been “embedded” into the structure of the joint US-Israeli war games. ... And second Glenn Greenwald at Guardian.co.uk The 'both-sides-are-awful' dismissal of Gaza ignores the key role of the US government The temptation to wash one's hands of the whole conflict is understandable, but US support of Israel is a central force driving it all. But for two independent reasons, this reasoning, understandable though it may be, depends upon patent fictions, and is thus invalid. The first reason, which I will mention only briefly, is that there is not equality between the two sides. .... But the second reason, to me, is even clearer. The government which Americans fund and elect, and for which they thus bear at least some responsibility, is anything but neutral in this conflict. That government - certainly including the Democratic Party - is categorically, uncritically, and unfailingly on the side of Israel in every respect when it comes to violence and oppression against the Palestinians. For years now, US financial, military and diplomatic support of Israel has been the central enabling force driving this endless conflict..... As per usual any commentary against Israel's aggression is immediately met with the tired old "Anti-Zionist" screed and this time it's not different. Juan Cole reports at his "Informed Comment" RT’s Abby Martin Accuses Israel of War Crimes for Targeting Journalists Abby Martin of Russia Today’s Brainwash Update pointed out that Israel’s targeting of Gaza media centers, which killed journalists and endangered employees of many news organizations, was a war crime. (She was hardly alone in this). She was the victim of a smear attempt by the Israel lobby, which accused her of support for terrorism (because she dared call illegal Israeli actions illegal). If more journalists stood up to such smear campaigns with her feistiness, the world would be a better place. Watch her let her detractors have it: Go watch the video! Then Glen Ford at BlackAgendaReport describes how Obama’s Mideast Policy Burns As African Americans circle the wagons around Susan Rice, one of the most bellicose, bomb-at-the-drop-of-a-hat, Africa-bashing professional servants of power in Washington, America’s carefully crafted house of cards in the Middle East faces collapse. The Euro-American strategy to divert and control the Arab Spring through an armed alliance with Muslim fundamentalist fighters and their royal Arab financiers, has always contained a fatal flaw: Israel. The Jewish State’s reflexive savagery towards Palestinians threatens to disrupt, if not destroy, the inherently unstable pact between the Great Satans of Washington, London and Paris, the Great Kleptocrats of Riyahd and Doha, and the martyrdom-seeking armies of Salafist Islam. The unholy alliance is a retooling of the U.S.-Saudi Arabia-Pakistan axis that created the global jihadi network – including Al Qaida – at a cost of billions, in the 1980s. .... It was only a matter of time before significant elements of the U.S.-empowered jihadis in Libya turned against their masters. And there is no doubt that U.S. political and intelligence leaders saw it coming. When the U.S. ambassador and his entourage were under attack in Benghazi, two unarmed drones were diverted from surveillance duties over Derna, about 100 miles to the east. Derna is a center of jihadi activism, the town that accounted for the highest concentrations of Al Qaida fighters in the Iraq war. Apparently, the U.S. maintained constant surveillance of the city and its environs – and, presumably, other jihadi strongholds – all the while projecting the fiction that the U.S. had empowered the “good” (meaning, pro-American) Islamists in Libya. .... As if the contradictions of U.S. Middle East policy were not already acute enough, the Israelis now force their putrid selves into the maelstrom. Israel’s murderous assault on Gaza threatens to unravel the Salafist-Qatari-Saudi-NATO axis, for one simple and irreducible reason: there is no place for the racist settler state in this post-Arab Spring equation. Which explains why Israel has chosen to make its presence so dramatically felt at this time – why it initiated the current crisis with its assassination of Hamas military leader Ahmed al-Jabari, last week, setting off the Palestinian rocket barrage.
The Israelis do not see themselves at the center of Washington’s evolving strategy for continued western hegemony in the Middle East, and are forcing the issue in the usual manner: by killing Palestinians. The Americans and Europeans now scramble to constrain Israel, lest it enflame Arab nationalism and Islamist sensibilities beyond all manageability, wrecking the fragile political configurations the West has constructed since the fall of Egypt’s Mubarak, the war on Libya and the torture of Syria. ...
Our Man in Pipelineistan Pepe Escobar chips in with Bomb Iran? No. Bomb Gaza? Yes! So many wars to launch, so little time. When you're the political leader of the most militarized nation on the planet - as is the case with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu - you gotta find ways to play with your toys. Even if you're itching to, you can't bomb Iran because you don't have the right bunker buster bombs and enough fighter jet refueling capability. And on top of it, re-elected US President Barack Obama has made it absolutely clear; the way forward is diplomacy, not bombs. This may be an indication that Obama is at least considering a deal: "There should be a way in which they [Iran] can enjoy peaceful nuclear power while still meeting their international obligations and providing clear assurances to the international community that they're not pursuing a nuclear weapon." This had led to the president's commitment to "make a push in the coming months to see if we can open up a dialogue" cutting through the US/Iran Wall of Mistrust. So what is Bibi to do? Simple. Launch Operation Pillar of Cloud (then Pillar of Defense; see this priceless piece on the "divine" ramifications) against the only place on Earth the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) can raise hell and wreak havoc with total impunity and negligible "collateral damage"; the under-siege, illegally blockaded, collectively punished-to-death inhabitants of the open-air prison known as Gaza. Of course you won't find this explanation by reading the Murdoch press or watching CNN. Nor will you get any detailed explanation on the real timeline leading to what could be another war. This is the best timeline so far. Crucial in it is what happened last Sunday. Gaza Health Ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qidra announced that a 13-year-old boy, Hameed Abu Daqqa, was shot in the stomach while playing football with his friends outside his southeast Gaza home. This soccer terrorist was evidently a threat to myriad Israeli helicopters buzzing overhead. Launching a war, for the IDF, is child's play. Tel Aviv just had to kill a few Palestinian civilians like the dangerous soccer terrorist - and send in some extra tanks. Gaza factions had to respond - and they targeted Israeli soldiers (not civilians). That was the perfect excuse for Tel Aviv to go on a rampage. .... Much more!
At OpEdNews.com Colonel Ann Wright (ret.) returns to the blowback of the Mavi Mamara flotilla attack four years ago Israeli Violence Finally on Trial ... During these past four years I joined international citizen activists in many projects to educate our fellow citizens about the frequent Israeli military attacks on Gaza, the land and sea blockade of Gaza, the imprisonment of thousands of Palestinians, the illegal settlements built by the Israeli government in the West Bank and the apartheid walls that separate children from schools, farmers from their land and workers from their employment. One of those projects is to break the naval blockade of Gaza. The Free Gaza Movement attempted to sail eight boats to Gaza in 2008 and 2009 and five ships made it into Gaza. After the 2009 Israeli attack on Gaza, ships attempting to enter Gaza were rammed by the Israeli navy. So in May, 2010, a flotilla of six ships was formed to attempt to break the naval blockade at the same time. The name of the flotilla was the Gaza Freedom Flotilla. After receiving no punishment for the violence wrecked on the Palestinians in Gaza in 2009, the Israeli political leadership and military had no qualms about using violence on the international passengers on the Gaza Freedom Flotilla who were challenging the Israeli blockade of Gaza. ..... Most of us passengers had not seen each other since we left Turkey two and one-half years ago, until last week (November 6 and 7, 2012) when hundreds of us returned to Istanbul as witnesses in in the first court hearing concerning the Israeli attack on the ships, one of the few judicial looks at Israeli violence toward either Palestinians or internationals. Flotilla passengers from South Africa, Kuwait, Bahrain, Jordan, Yemen, Greece, Italy, France, Spain, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Sweden, Canada, Palestine and Lebanon as well as many passengers from Turkey testified in the court hearing. The court hearing was held in Seventh Criminal Court in Istanbul. The former chief of staff of the Israeli military, General Gabi Ashkenazi, the former Naval Forces commander, Vice Admiral Eliezer Marom, the former military intelligence chief, Major General Amos Yadlin, and the former head of Air Force intelligence, Brigadier General Avishai Levy, had been indicted on May 28, 2012, of charges including premeditated murder, attempted premeditated murder, aggravated assault, assault, aggravated looting, hijacking or illegal seizure of train or sea craft, aggravated criminal damage to property, torture, unlawful detention and imprisonment. All four officers have retired from the Israeli military. None appeared at the court hearing. The 144 page indictment includes the autopsy reports of the nine persons killed by Israeli commandos and reveals that five of those killed were shot a close-range, execution style. .....With history repeating itself, just as the United States government did not hold Israel accountable for its attack on the USS Liberty, now 45 years later, the US government has not held the Israeli government accountable for the death of an American citizen Furkan Dogan, one of the nine who was assassinated/executed by Israeli commandos on the Mavi Marmara. ..... Summaries of many other witnesses who testified in Turkish are found here. If the Turkish court convicts the accused, then international arrest warrants can be issued and INTERPOL would be required to arrest them if they leave Israel, for virtually any country other than the United States. The Turkish judgment could also be used as a basis for further judicial proceedings in the International Criminal Court, although Israel, like the United States, is not a signatory to the ICC. The next court hearing in Istanbul is February 21, 2013. However, the fact that a court has looked at the evidence of the events on the Mavi Marmara that resulted in the deaths of nine and the wounding of fifty is a major step in attempting to hold accountable those who planned the attack. Today, as Israel continues to attack the people of Gaza, on behalf of the civilian populations, we plead for governments to use their influence on the Israeli government to end their attacks and we plead with the militants in Gaza to stop firing rockets into Gaza. Finally on Thursday Gaza ceasefire holds but mistrust runs deep reports Nidal al-Mughrabi and Jeffrey Heller for Reuters A ceasefire between Israel and Hamas held firm on Thursday with scenes of joy among the ruins in Gaza over what Palestinians hailed as a victory, and both sides saying their fingers were still on the trigger. .... The truce brokered by Egypt's new Islamist leaders, working with the United States, headed off an Israeli invasion of Gaza. It was the fruit of intensive diplomacy spurred by U.S. President Barack Obama, who sent his secretary of state to Cairo and backed her up with phone calls to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi. Mursi's role in cajoling his Islamist soulmates in Gaza into the U.S.-backed deal with Israel suggested that Washington can find ways to cooperate with the Muslim Brotherhood leader whom Egyptians elected after toppling former U.S. ally Hosni Mubarak, a bulwark of American policy in the Middle East for 30 years. .... Despite the quiet on the battlefield, the death toll from the Gaza conflict crept up on both sides. The body of Mohammed al-Dalu, 25, was recovered from the rubble of a house where nine of his relatives - four children and five women - were killed by an Israeli bomb this week. That raised to 163 the number of Palestinians killed, more than half of them civilians, including 37 children, during the Israeli onslaught, according to Gaza medical officials. Nearly 1,400 rockets struck Israel, killing four civilians and two soldiers, including an officer who died on Thursday of wounds sustained the day before, the Israeli army said. Israel dropped 1,000 times as much explosive on the Gaza Strip as landed on its soil, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said. .... But trust between Israel and Hamas remains in short supply and both said they might well have to fight again. "The battle with the enemy has not ended yet," Abu Ubaida, spokesman of Hamas's armed wing Izz el-Deen Al-Qassam Brigades, said at an event to mourn its acting military chief Ahmed al-Jaabari, whose killing by Israel on November 14 set off this round. .... According to a text of the agreement seen by Reuters, both sides should halt all hostilities, with Israel desisting from incursions and targeting of individuals, while all Palestinian factions should cease rocket fire and cross-border attacks. The deal also provides for easing Israeli curbs on Gaza's residents, but the two sides disagreed on what this meant. Israeli sources said Israel would not lift a blockade of the enclave it enforced after Hamas won a Palestinian election in 2006, but Meshaal said the deal covered the opening of all of the territory's border crossings with Israel and Egypt.... The Boston Globe's Sara Roy asks Where’s our humanity for Gaza? Between February 2009 — just after the Operation Cast Lead onslaught — and August 2012, Israeli attacks in Gaza, averaging six per week. They came by aircraft, helicopter gunships, drones, and tanks throughout Gaza; the confiscation of, or damage to, fishing boats and the detention and arrest of fishermen; attacks on industrial, farm, and food production facilities; and military ground incursions. The current crisis is framed in terms devoid of any real context. The issue goes far beyond which side precipitated the terrible violence that has killed innocents on both sides. The issue — largely forgotten — is one of continued occupation and blockade, a grossly asymmetrical conflict that has deliberately and systematically disabled Gaza’s economy and people. The Gaza Strip is now in its 46th year of occupation, 22nd year of closure, and sixth year of intensified closure. The resulting normalization of the occupation assumes a dangerous form in the Gaza Strip, whose status as an occupied territory has ceased to matter in the West; the attention has shifted — after Hamas’s 2006 electoral victory and 2007 takeover of the territory — to Gaza’s containment and punishment, rendering illegitimate any notion of human rights or freedom for Palestinians. The Israeli government has referred to its siege policy as a form of “economic warfare.” In a Nov. 2008 cable from the US embassy in Tel Aviv released by WikiLeaks, US officials wrote, “As part of their overall embargo plan against Gaza, Israeli officials have confirmed . . . on multiple occasions that they intend to keep the Gazan economy on the brink of collapse without quite pushing it over the edge” with the aim of having Gaza’s economy “functioning at the lowest level possible consistent with avoiding a humanitarian crisis.” This was achieved through an Israeli-imposed blockade that ended all normal trade. The result has been high and persistent unemployment, which stood near 30 percent by June 2012, according to the International Monetary Fund. Approximately 39 percent of Gaza’s people lived below the poverty line in 2011. The figure would be far greater without donor aid. Gaza’s economic decline is seen in the near collapse of its agricultural sector. ...... Israel’s blockade policy restricts the entry of materials needed to repair, maintain, and upgrade Gaza’s sewage and wastewater treatment infrastructure. Save the Children reported in 2011 that Israeli airstrikes destroyed water and sanitation infrastructure valued at $1.3 million. The impact on health is clear: Just under 10 percent of Gazan children under five suffered from chronic malnutrition in 2010. According to Save the Children, “Diseases of poverty and conflict combined with a degenerating health care system are claiming growing numbers of Gaza’s children.” Birth defects, congenital anomalies, and cancer cases are reportedly rising. This is likely due to environmental contamination, including the possible use of toxic weaponry during Cast Lead. The current military assault will undoubtedly worsen environmental conditions. Yet the US government will probably cut funding to the Palestinians if they pursue United Nations observer membership. Political differences aside, where is our humanity? Judging from the CorporoMedia's guest list for Sunday we guarantee you WILL NOT hear ONE voice decrying Israel's continuing violence against Gazans nor a call for a roll-back of the suffocating siege Hamas has demanded to be lifted as part of the cease-fire. IT'S THE MEDIA STOOPID. As we outlined earlier the corporate-controlled media in the U.S. is actively working to stifle any and all dissent, not only of prog/lib radio but their longstanding War on PBS and NPR as well. This is not new: See the Thursday and Friday Democracy Now! specials (below) on lyricist Yip Harburg and Woodie Guthrie who both fought against government censorship and spoke out for The People. And read Chris Hedges Death of the Liberal Class for a concise history of how the earliest strains of corporate-controlled media in concert with government tried to kill any dissenting voices from WWI and beyond. Thomas Jefferson once wrote "Where the press is free and every man able to read, all is safe". But as The Troglodytes and their Korporate Paymasters (including ALEC) fight for more school privatization, they even want to Ban Critical Thinking In Schools in an attempt to prevent children from learning even the most basic elements of rational thought. The bi-partisan War on Education from gwb's No Child's Behind Left to Obomber's Race to the Top continues focusing on breaking the Teachers Union and more corporate profits for privately-held unaccountable "charter schools" as they try to shape our public schools into "job ready" vocational entities that merely train kids for Life In The Corporate World so they don't question "why" by using rational thought. By seizing control of OUR PUBLIC AIRWAVES all these right-wing Authoritarian agendas get promoted at the same time. Our only hope lies in our support of alt media from Malloy, Hartmann, Kincaid to all the various news sites like OpEdNews, TVNewsLies, CommonDreams, TomDispatch, BuzzFlash, FreePress and so many more. The Troglodytes will NEVER give up pushing their anti-human aganda and have a HUGE advantage by controlling all sorts of media so we have to push back as much as we can. Please donate liberally to all your favorites! We hope you've come through yer turkey-dinner-induced cloud, stayed far away from the Black Friday Frenzy and are ready for action! Let's do it!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
Monday, November 19, 2012
- Raji Sourani, an award-winning human rights lawyer Palestinian Civilians Bear the Brunt of Unrelenting Bombings in U.S.-Backed Attack on Gaza
- Richard Falk & Raji Sourani U.N. Special Rapporteur Calls for Global Protection of Gaza Civilians from U.S.-Backed Israeli Assault
- Mohammed Omer, award-winning Palestinian journalist reporting from Gaza City Live Report from Gaza Hospital: As Civilian Toll Mounts, Israel Again Bombs Palestinian Journalists
- Jennifer Quigley & Peter Popham Obama in Burma: A Milestone for Reform or Groundwork for Oil-Friendly Junta Rule?
- Dr. Mona El-Farra, director of Gaza Projects for the Middle East Children’s Alliance "No Place is Safe": After Assault’s Worst Day, Gaza Doctor Says Israel Terrorizing Civilians
- Phyllis Bennis, Fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies Gaza Ceasefire to Be Decided in Cairo, But Will Washington Rein In Israeli Occupation, Blockade?
- Jody Williams, winner of the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize & Steve Goose, director of Human Rights Watch’s Arms Division Killer Robots: HRW and Nobel Laureate Jody Williams Urge Ban on Modern Warfare’s Next Frontier
- Excerpt of the documentary by Gaza filmmaker Fida Qishta "Where Should the Birds Fly?": Gaza Filmmaker Documents Civilian Toll of 2008-09 Israeli Assault
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous As Bus Bomb Hits Tel Aviv, Sharif Abdel Kouddous on Egypt’s Mediator Role and Gaza’s Ongoing Torment
- James Colbert & Yousef Munayyer Debate: From Short-Term Ceasefire to Long-Term Peace, How to Resolve the Israel-Gaza Crisis?
- Josh Eidelson, The Nation & William Fletcher, member of OUR Walmart Wal-Mart Accused of Threatening Workers With Retaliation Ahead of Black Friday Walkouts, Protests
- Lyricist Yip Harburg A Tribute to Blacklisted Lyricist Yip Harburg: The Man Who Put the Rainbow in The Wizard of Oz
- Pete Seeger, Billy Bragg, Will Kaufman Woody Guthrie at 100: Pete Seeger, Billy Bragg, Will Kaufman Honor the "Dust Bowl Troubadour" A
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW The Supreme Court Could Kill Affirmative Action In October, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in a case that challenges the constitutionality of race-based affirmative action. In a special for Moyers and Company, GRITtv's Laura Flanders talks with Kimberlé Crenshaw and Luke Harris, co-founders of the African American Policy Forum. more....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» Football Night in America on NBC Packers @ Giants 8:20 pm et
»»» Monday Night Football on ESPN Panthers @ Eagles 8:30 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT Monday Knicks at Nets 7 pm et; THURSDAY Doubleheader! Spurs @ Heat 8 pm et then Nuggets @ Warriors 10:30 pm
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
STOP the ACHE Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communi ties
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Community Wealth Building in Action: The Cleveland Model Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom.. NEW!!! Stop the Net Grab! Petitioning Voting members of the World Conference on International Telecommunications The internet as we know it is at risk. Unless we act now, our right to freely communicate and share information could change forever. In less than four weeks’ time, the International Telecommunications Union (or ITU), a United Nations agency, is planning to adopt new rules to clamp down on the fundamental freedoms of citizens online. Big telecommunications corporations have joined with countries including China, Egypt and Saudi Arabia, countries that already impose heavy restrictions on internet freedoms, to put forward a treaty to the UN World Conference on International Telecommunications in December. So far the proposal has flown under the radar, but its implications are so serious that we must act quickly to show the ITU and its member countries that citizens will not stand by while our right to communicate freely is undermined. .... Add your name to the global petition and ask your government representatives who will attend this conference to reject these changes that will seriously and permanently restrict internet freedoms. Act now, before it’s too late. We need a new process where the voice of the people is properly heard. Make your voice louder by connecting with us on Facebook. AND Click HERE to view our infographic!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar featuring David Cobb's Barnstorming Tour! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! Natasha Lennard, assistant news editor at Salon Nobel Peace Laureates condemn prosecution of Bradley Manning Nov 15, 2012: Nobel Peace laureates Archbishop Desmond Tutu (Nobel Peace Prize, 1984), Mairead Maguire (Nobel Peace Prize, 1977) and Adolfo Pérez Esquivel (Nobel Peace Prize, 1980) have published a letter in support of Pfc. Bradley Manning in The Nation, following news that the soldier is willing to take responsibility for leaking information to WikiLeaks. The Peace Prize winners wrote against the government’s treatment of the soldier, who has been in prison for over 900 days.......more.....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATIONHelp save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012
AFGHANISTAN: 2,158 US Military Dead as of Nov 20, 2012
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
• Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill.
• Actor and director Ben Affleck, founder of the Eastern Congo Initiative
• Rep. Adam Smith, D-Wash.
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, TIME Magazine's Joe Klein, Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus, Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan, and The New York Times' David Sanger, author of "Confront and Conceal."
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sunday: Presidential authors
• Doris Kearns Goodwin
• Jon Meacham, Evan Thomas
• Bob Woodward
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Children Helping Children - Craig Kielburger has kept his promise to save children around the world, a mission he began 17 years ago when, as a child himself, he founded "Free the Children" -- an organization now in 45 countries that empowers children to help other children. Scott Pelley reports. Nicole Young is the producer.
• Lion Kings - Few people know more about lions than filmmakers Dereck and Beverly Joubert, who have been living in the bush and filming Africa's big cats for 30 years. Lara Logan reports. Max McClellan is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Documentary filmmaker and historian Ken Burns
• Vice Chair of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, Carly Fiorina
• MSNBC’s Al Sharpton
• New York Times columnist David Brooks
• NBC’s Andrea Mitchell.
• ROUNDTABLE: Chairman of the Armed Services Committee Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI), Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-NY), and Chair of the Homeland Security Committee, Rep. Peter King (R-NY).
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Retiring Senators Jon Kyl, Kay Bailey Hutchison, Joe Lieberman and Rep. Barney Frank
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• TITANIC TUESDAY!!!!! Bob's last show before the holiday! Listen HERE NOW! Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - November 20, 2012 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Conservative World Bank warns of catastrophic climate change; For the first time, MotorTrend's 'Car of the Year' is all-electric!; CO2 emissions reach record highs; EPA slams Alaska's proposed Pebble Mine; Green up your Thanksgiving; PLUS: Urging universities to divest from fossil-fuel companies... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): EU climate head wants Obama to pull his weight in global warming talks; Obama’s Game of Chicken with Big Ag; CIA closes climate center; US Board Issues Subpoena On Offshore Platform Blast; Nigeria Exxon spill spreads for miles along coast; CA carbon-credit auction raises $290M; Court sides with NRC on post-Fukushima reactor licensing; High breast cancer risk for plastics workers; U.S., Mexico pact on CO River water sale ... PLUS: Clean Break: A U.S.-Made Clean Energy Revolution? ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Will the FCC Finally Act to Enforce the Rule of Law and Protect Our Public Airwaves? With mega-media conglomerates killing Progressive talk radio and licenses coming up for renewal, will the Feds finally do their job in Wisconsin and elsewhere?... By Sue Wilson
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'Dark Money' Hearings Needed in U.S. Senate Could be most monumental proceedings since Watergate, expose illegalities of plutocratic 'war on democracy,' catapult movement to amend the Constitution after 'Citizens United'... by Ernest A. Canning
• BRADCAST UPDATE! Audio: Thanksgiving Week 'Malloy Show' Guest Hosting
- WED 11/21: David Swanson on ending the filibuster; Susan Wilson on FCC failure
- TUE 11/20: Lisa Graves on 'Dark Money'; Charles Johnson on Wingnuttery
- MON 11/19: FL-18 West/Murphy election debacle; Howie Klein on new Congress
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast November 20, 2012 Pepe Escobar Recaps his Western US Road Trip, Comments on Petraeus, Benghazi, and the New Gaza War
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This week on Ring of Fire November 23, 2012
• Holiday "Best Of" show!
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473)or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Corporate Media Trying To Kill Progressive Radio (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz discuss the ongoing assault on progressive talk radio, which has resulted in the loss of a major progressive radio station in Portland.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Deadly Chemicals Hiding in Our Waters (VIDEO) More than 30 years ago, the government banned the production and use of chemicals known as PCBs because they were causing serious illnesses in both humans and our environment. And even though PCBs have been off the market for 3 decades, they are still hanging out in waterways, in the air we breathe, and in our soil – causing cancers and other illnesses in people all over America. But recently, state governments decided that it was time to finally take action on the issue, and Mike Papantonio recently spoke with Spokane Riverkeeper Bart Mihailovich about what is being done to remove these toxic chemicals from our environments.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• November 19, 2102 Daniel Levy, What’s Happening in Israel-Palestine
• November 20, 2012 Stephanie Kelton, New Economic Perspectives
• November 21, 2012 Jeff Orlowski, Chasing Ice
• November 22, 2012 Happy Thanksgiving Enjoy the holiday folks! No show today.
• November 23, 2012 William Black: Financial Crime & Zach Galifanakis & Ralph Neas for Memebers No live show today, but we have a pre-recorded interview with William Black a Professor at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and one of America’s foremost experts in white collar crime.
• MORE Podcast Interviews at Majority.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The official Facebook pages for Max Keiser & Keiser Report STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. Max Keiser & Keiser Report PLUS Stacey Herbert
• VIDEO! Israel’s War on Truth; Brainwash Update by maxkeiser - Abby Martin of Russia Today’s Brainwash Update pointed out that Israel’s targeting of Gaza media centers, which killed journalists and endangered employees of many news organizations, was a war crime. (She was hardly alone in this). She was the victim of a smear attempt by the Israel lobby, which accused her of support for terrorism (because she dared call illegal Israeli actions illegal). If more journalists stood up to such smear campaigns with her feistiness, the world would be a better place. Watch her let her detractors have it: RT’s Abby Martin Accuses Israel of War Crimes for Targetting Journalists (juancole.com)
• The Axis of Max by maxkeiser - My global propaganda campaign is working. To defeat the dollar, CB’s around the world (except the US and UK) are buying Gold. The Axis of Max are the nations banding together to defeat US hegemony and the baloney that comes with it. READ Iran Accepts Payment in Gold to Get Around Sanctions (economicpolicyjournal.com)
• Financial Holocaust in Full Swing by Max Keiser - The report highlighted the prospect of an increase of between 200,000 and 400,000 in infant mortality and that child malnutrition, already rising, will be one of the main drivers of higher child death rates. READ Financial crisis to deepen extreme poverty, increase child mortality rates – UN report (2009)
• Why Bankers Own the World’s Gold by SilverVigiolante - The real conclusion that must be internalized is that, while buying precious metals and other tangible assets can be an excellent way of exiting the fiat currency paradigm, we mustn’t forget that central bankers own the world’s gold. They have been in a position to accumulate for centuries, and through conniving and contrivance have ensured that their stashes are the biggest on the planet. READ Why Bankers Own The World’s Gold
• KEISER REPORT [KR365] Keiser Report: Wacko Wizard World We discuss central bankers and governments from Iceland to Argentina attempting to tilt the global pinball game so that the ball goes in the ‘right’ hole while ‘invincibility’ tattoos fail to protect from the guns and knives of financial weapons in the real world. In the second half, Max Keiser talks to Tuur Demeester of Macrotrends.be about the recent report from the European Central Bank suggesting they are concerned about the new breed of decentralized digital currencies threatening their seignorage rights. They also discuss the financial jungle of Argentina where capital controls and economic chaos prove a great testing ground for new currencies
• KEISER REPORT [KR369] Keiser Report Three Year Anniversary Special: Twinkies, Finance, Scandal We present a success story for the three year anniversary of the Keiser Report and that is that the banksters are going the way of Twinkies, Ho Ho’s and Ding Dongs – OUT OF BUSINESS! And just as the junk food and fake bread of the Hostess products caused obesity and diabetes in Americans, so too did the junk bonds and toxic derivatives of the bankers and central bankers cause a flabby, obese and diabetic finance sector in London and New York. In the second half, Max Keiser talks to Ross Ashcroft, writer and director of FOUR HORSEMEN, about why many people didn’t see the financial crisis and what can be done to regain control of the financial system.
• KEISER REPORT [KR370] Keiser Report: Shadow Banking We ask, “who knows what evil lurks in the heart of the global financial system?” And find the answer is that “the Shadow banking system knows!” The shadow banking system has grown to $67 trillion and has the power to cloud men’s minds so they cannot see the fraud. In the second half, Max Keiser talks to Jan Skoyles of the Real Asset Company about clients wanting to park their gold in Singapore and about what is happening in the gold market in China. [You can follow Jan on Twitter @Skoylesy]
• KEISER REPORT [KR371] Keiser Report: Colossal Collapse Coming! We note the bell ringing for the bond market top as one of the biggest private equity funds in the world is seeking ‘ordinary’ investors to assume their long term interest rate risk. In the second half, Max Keiser talks to Ian Williams of Charteris Treasury Portfolio Managers about his forecast for silver prices to rise five fold in the next 3 three years while US Treasury bonds and UK gilts will face collapse. Ian Williams also suggests that it is commercial banks rather than central banks that will return us to a new style of gold standard.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Gregor Macdonald
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1258] The Truth About Shopping Stampedes and the Global Central Bank Run Stacy Summary: We talk about Black Friday shopping stampedes, the run on the global central banks as nations seek the return of the gold and the future hyperinflation in Japan as national savings is depleted. Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Pepe Escobar June 30, 2012: Globetrotting journalist Pepe Escobar discusses his article “Syria and Turkey’s Phantom War;” Turkey’s violation of Syrian airspace in a purposeful, measured provocation and test of Syria’s defenses; the near-invocation of NATO Article 5 and a wider war (an attack on one NATO country is an attack on all); looking for ways to bypass the UN on Syria, since China and Russia won’t let an interventionist resolution pass the Security Council; grand plans for NATO expansion in the official “Assured Security, Dynamic Engagement” plan; counterrevolutions in the Middle East and South America, as the US looks to rebuild its portfolio of client states; and how Qatar has become the new superpower in the Middle East, surpassing even Saudi Arabia.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. John McCain (R-AZ),
• Matthew Shay, President and CEO of the National Retail Federation
• John Sweeney, Executive Vice President of Fidelity Investments
• ROUNDTABLE: Bill Kristol, The Weekly Standard/Fox News Contributor; Kirsten Powers, Daily Beast Columnist, Fox News Contributor; Liz Cheney, Chairman, Keep America Safe; Fmr Deputy Asst Secretary of State; Juan Williams, Fox News Contributor
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml