Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
DEATH OF THE INTERNET PART 2 Yes Virginia it's looking GRAVE for 'net neutrality. More on this a bit. But first someone who knows a bit more about the 'net than the average bear.
Julian Assange Editor in Chief of WikiLeaks Information Flow and Power
- Harboured as a political refugee in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London since June 2012, the Australian founder of Wikileaks, Julian Assange, is the target of a “manhunt timeline” of the National Security Agency (NSA), as confirmed by recent revelations of Edward Snowden. The indictment: having published State Department secrets that WikiLeaks had access to, in the name of a free Internet and free journalism. In the following pages, Assange expresses his views in answer to a questionnaire formulated by ALAI on issues such as globalization and Internet governance; surveillance and public safety; government transparency and accountability, and citizen oversight of the authorities. (ALAI)
At Truth-Out.org Dahr Jamail | BP: Four Years On, No Restoration in Sight ............. For large numbers of fishermen and coastal residents living in the four-state impact zone of BP's oil spill, the disaster has never ended. Four years on, they, along with marine life and the broader ecosystem, continue to show clear signs of the chronic impact of the largest marine oil disaster in US history.
Dead Dolphins, Ailing Tuna, Sea Turtle Near Extinction: Oil from BP's disaster is now linked to heart defects in both tuna and amberjack, according to a recent National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) study.
"We can now say with certainty that oil causes cardiotoxicity in fish," Stanford University fisheries biologist Barbara Block said during a news conference on the study, which was also published in the esteemed Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
A recent University of South Florida study shows oil from BP's disaster has floated underwater all the way down to Florida's Sanibel Island (nearly all the way to the southern tip of Florida), sickening fish along the way. Meanwhile, a large mat of submerged oil, also confirmed as being from BP's disaster, was found on a Florida beach before over 1,300 pounds of it were removed. Insects living in wetland grasses along Louisiana's coast that was oiled in the aftermath of BP's disaster are still dying, according to a recent study by a Louisiana State University entomologist. The recent deaths, she says, are a result of exposure to oil that has remained in the marsh almost four years after the disaster began. BP's oil continues to take its toll on other areas of the Louisiana marsh, where people living in low-lying coastal communities are having to contemplate moving, hence abandoning their culture and way of life, due to the erosion of oiled marsh coupled with rising seas from climate change. Despite all of this ongoing evidence of BP's deleterious impact on the Gulf of Mexico region, President Obama's Environmental Protection Agency has decided to allow the oil giant back into Gulf waters to search for more oil leases. The impact of the BP disaster is not going away: Crude oil persists in the environment for, in some cases, decades. A full 25 years after the Exxon Valdez disaster in Alaska, the ongoing presence of relatively fresh oil in Prince William Sound continues to surprise scientists. ......... MUCH MUCH MORE! In other oil-related news Brandon Baker at EcoWatch.com reports Cowboys and Indians Launch 5-Day Keystone XL Protest on National Mall Earlier this year, the groups behind the Reject and Protect campaign and their supporters sent 2 million anti-Keystone XL comments to the Obama Administration in just 30 days. Now, they’re following that up by in-person resistance to the massive pipeline. Through Sunday, the Cowboy Indian Alliance is camping out at Washington D.C.’s National Mall as an official protest to Keystone XL, the 1,179-mile pipeline that would extend from Canada to Texas. The opening ceremony took place on Tuesday, Earth Day, with 24 horseback riders leading the way for participating tribal communities, ranchers, farmers, Canadian First Nations and environmental groups. “We’re here to show Obama, to show Washington D.C. the very faces of the people that the decision of the KXL pipeline represents,” Dallas Goldtooth, one of the activists from the Cowboy and Indian Alliance told a crowd on the mall, according to ABC. “These people represent families, they represent communities, they represent entire nations, so they’re here to bring their stories here to say no to the Keystone XL pipeline and to all pipelines.” The ceremony included the construction of tipis and the pouring of water fresh from the Ogallala aquifer—which Keystone XL would cross and pollute—into a reflecting pool that was the subject of a group-wide prayer. The event will culminate in a march past the the Capitol on Saturday. According to Politico, as many as 5,000 activists could take part in the march. ......... for up-to-date info on their proest go to RejectAndProtect.org! Awesome! See The Big Picture The Cowboys & Indians Ride Into DC w/ a Agenda with Shane Red Hawk, Sicangu Lakota band of the Rosebud Sioux Nation / Cowboy and Indian Alliance (CIA) & Mike Blocher, Nebraska Rancher / Cowboy and Indian Alliance (CIA)! AND Cowboys, Indians and Neil Young, Daryl Hannah voice opposition to Keystone XL Pipeline! WOW! Over at DeSmogBlog.com Brendan DeMelle covers what many believe is the 1st fracking case Breaking: $3 Million Jury Verdict in Texas Fracking Nuisance Case A jury in Dallas, TX today awarded $2.925 million to plaintiffs Bob and Lisa Parr, who sued Barnett shale fracking company Aruba Petroleum Inc. for intentionally causing a nuisance on the Parr's property which impacted their health and ruined their drinking water. The jury returned its 5-1 verdict confirming that Aruba Petroleum “intentionally created a private nuisance” though its drilling, fracking and production activities at 21 gas wells near the Parrs' Wise County home over a three-year period between 2008-2011. Plaintiffs attorneys claimed the case is “the first fracking verdict in U.S. history.” The trial lasted two and a half weeks. Aruba Petroleum plans to appeal the verdict. The pollution from natural gas production near the Parrs' Wise County home was so bad that they were forced to flee their 40-acre property for months at a time. The Parrs were represented by attorneys David Matthews, Brad Gilde and Rich Capshaw. “They’re vindicated,” said Mr. Matthews. “I’m really proud of the family that went through what they went through and said, ‘I’m not going to take it anymore. It takes guts to say, ‘I’m going to stand here and protect my family from an invasion of our right to enjoy our property.’ It’s not easy to go through a lawsuit and have your personal life uncovered and exposed to the extent this family went through.” According to Mr. Matthews' blog post, the verdict included $275,000 for the Parr’s property loss of market value and $2 million for past physical pain and suffering by Bob and Lisa Parr and their daughter, $250,000 for future physical pain and suffering, $400,000 for past mental anguish. The Parrs' petition to the court is attached below. The case was Parr v. Aruba Petroleum, Inc., No. 11-1650 (Dallas Co. Ct. at Law, filed Mar. 2011) YAY! ONE DOWN! How many more thousands to go? CommonDreams.org staff reporter Lauren McCauley reports 'Straight from the Horse's Mouth': Former Oil Exec Says Fracking Not Safe - Retired Mobil VP confirms technology is dangerous and untested In a message "straight from the horse's mouth," a former oil executive on Tuesday urged New York state to pass a ban on the controversial practice of hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, saying, 'it is not safe.' "Making fracking safe is simply not possible, not with the current technology, or with the inadequate regulations being proposed," Louis Allstadt, former executive vice president of Mobil Oil, said during a news conference in Albany called by the anti-fracking group Elected Officials to Protect New York. Up until his retirement in 2000, Allstadt spent 31 years at Mobil, running its marketing and refining division in Japan and managing Mobil's worldwide supply, trading and transportation operations. After retiring to Cooperstown, NY, Allstadt said he began studying fracking after friends asked him if he thought it would be safe to have gas wells drilled by nearby Lake Otsego, where Allstadt has a home. Since that time, he's become a vocal opponent of the shale oil and gas drilling technique. "Now the industry will tell you that fracking has been around a long time. While that is true, the magnitude of the modern technique is very new," Allstadt said, adding that a fracked well can require 50 to 100 times the water and chemicals compared to non-fracked wells. He also noted that methane, up to 30 times more potent of a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide, is found to be leaking from fracked wells "at far greater rates than were previously estimated." .......... Now what to do about the extremely polluted fracking waste water? Bring it to OHIO! (ugh) See MoJo's Thomas Stackpole's Welcome to Portage County, the Fracking Waste Disposal Capital of Ohio. Nice, eh? But we're on to these Extreme Polluters! At the Akron Beacon Journal Ohio activists rally in Columbus against fracking waste disposal! Brick TeeVee contributor bluemoon makes this observation on one landowner who saw $$$$$ when The Frackers came knocking on his Mid-Ohio home "I think it's so weird that they keep land & the cabin in Cadiz that they lease to the frackkers- And then they feed corn to wild deer to make them tamer to hunt, while they poison the deer with frackwater, then they eat the poisoned deer, poisoning themselves not only because of unknown proprietary frack chemicals but also GMOs in the corn! All in the name of "health." " We're pretty sure this wasn't in the "Circle of Life" story. Or is it? Then there's this Strongest sandstorm in decades sweeps China A strong sandstorm swept Gansu Province in northwest China on Wednesday, reducing visibility to less than 65ft, according to the provincial meteorological center. The sandstorm, the strongest since 1996 according to reports, started in the early afternoon in Dunhuang County. "Suddenly it became dark and I can't tell whether it's day or night," said one resident. "My nose hurts and I can't open my eyes," another resident said.
The Jiuquan City Meteorological Center, which includes Dunhuang, issued a sandstorm red alert, the highest level alert, forecasting that visibility would be reduced to less than 164ft throughout Jiuquan on Wednesday evening. Bet they're not celebrating Earth Day out there in Gansu Province, ya think?
Capital in the 21st Century TruthDig.com has this book review by Steven Pearlstein Capital in the 21st Century Just when you thought Karl Marx had finally lost all political and economic relevance, a brilliant French economist has come along to pick up where the German philosopher left off—correcting for many of Marx’s mistakes, updating his analysis in light of subsequent experience and unearthing a bounty of modern economic data to support a theory about capitalism’s inherent and self-destructive contradictions. The economist is Thomas Piketty, a professor at the Paris School of Economics, who with Emmanuel Saez of the University of California at Berkeley has recently turbocharged the debate about income inequality. Piketty and Saez gathered data from tax returns that confirm the story of stagnant middle-class incomes over the last 30 years while revealing how much the super-rich have pulled away from everyone else. In its magisterial sweep and ambition, Piketty’s latest work, “Capital in the Twenty-First Century,” is clearly modeled after Marx’s “Das Kapital.” But where Marx’s research was spotty, Piketty’s is prodigious. And where Marx foresaw capitalism’s collapse leading to a utopian proletariat paradise, Piketty sees a future of slow growth and Gilded Age disparities in which the wealthy—owners of capital—capture a steadily larger share of global wealth and income. “The clash of communism and capitalism sterilized rather than stimulated research on capital and inequality by historians, economists, and even philosophers,” writes Piketty, who sets out to reignite a richer and more satisfying debate. .......... Piketty’s prediction of a 21st century of slow growth and extreme inequality is based on historic data and a simple equation. The data, which he assembled with various collaborators in several countries, shows that over long periods of time, output per person—productivity—tends to grow at an average of 1 to 1.5 percent. The data also shows that average return on investment over long periods of time ranges between 4 and 5 percent. The problem with these two historic trends, explains Piketty, is that whenever the return on financial capital (investment) is higher than the return on human capital (productivity) for an extended period, it is a matter of simple arithmetic that growing inequality will result. The reason: Those with highest incomes will save and invest, generating capital income that will allow them to pull away from those relying solely on wages and salaries. It only takes a few generations before this accumulating and accumulated wealth becomes a dominant factor in the economy and the social and political structure. Indeed, says Piketty, the data show it has already happened in the United States, where the inequality in the distribution of both wealth and income surpasses that of class-bound Europe of 1900. ........ Good Item! Here are a few more to check out!
- Paul Krugman, New York Review of Books Why We’re in a New Gilded Age AND on Bill Moyers & Company What the 1% Don’t Want You to Know
- Dean Baker, Campaign for America's Future Capital in the 21 Century: Still Mired in the 19th (See correction)
- Piketty interview with Ryan Grim, AOL Video Piketty Discusses His New Book "Capital In The 21st Century"
- At Powell's Books Capital in the Twenty-First Century
- From the pharaohs of ancient Egypt to the self-regarding thugs of ancient Rome to the glorified warlords of medieval and absolutist Europe, in nearly every urbanized society throughout human history, there have been people who have tried to constitute themselves as an aristocracy. These people and their allies are the conservatives. The tactics of conservatism vary widely by place and time. But the most central feature of conservatism is deference: a psychologically internalized attitude on the part of the common people that the aristocracy are better people than they are. Modern-day liberals often theorize that conservatives use "social issues" as a way to mask economic objectives, but this is almost backward: the true goal of conservatism is to establish an aristocracy, which is a social and psychological condition of inequality. Economic inequality and regressive taxation, while certainly welcomed by the aristocracy, are best understood as a means to their actual goal, which is simply to be aristocrats. More generally, it is crucial to conservatism that the people must literally love the order that dominates them. Of course this notion sounds bizarre to modern ears, but it is perfectly overt in the writings of leading conservative theorists such as Burke. Democracy, for them, is not about the mechanisms of voting and office-holding. In fact conservatives hold a wide variety of opinions about such secondary formal matters. For conservatives, rather, democracy is a psychological condition. People who believe that the aristocracy rightfully dominates society because of its intrinsic superiority are conservatives; democrats, by contrast, believe that they are of equal social worth. Conservatism is the antithesis of democracy. This has been true for thousands of years. The defenders of aristocracy represent aristocracy as a natural phenomenon, but in reality it is the most artificial thing on earth. Although one of the goals of every aristocracy is to make its preferred social order seem permanent and timeless, in reality conservatism must be reinvented in every generation. This is true for many reasons, including internal conflicts among the aristocrats; institutional shifts due to climate, markets, or warfare; and ideological gains and losses in the perpetual struggle against democracy. In some societies the aristocracy is rigid, closed, and stratified, while in others it is more of an aspiration among various fluid and factionalized groups. The situation in the United States right now is toward the latter end of the spectrum. A main goal in life of all aristocrats, however, is to pass on their positions of privilege to their children...
- .......... The appeals court ruled in their favor, declaring that the Obama administration had undermined its claim that the document could not be made public because of national security concerns, because a number of public officials had spoken publicly about US drone activity. “Whatever protection the legal analysis might once have had has been lost be virtue of public statements of public officials and official disclosure of the DOJ White Paper,” Circuit Judge Jon Newman wrote, as quoted by Reuters. The decision went on to say that any claim that military plans, intelligence activity, or essential foreign relationships would be damaged is no longer valid.
- Internet For The Wealthy On The Way Unless We Stop It ........ Under the plan wealthy corporations will be able to purchase faster service, while those that cannot do so will have slower service. Rather than an open Internet for all the US will be moving to a class-based Internet. Of course, this will mean that when Netflix and other corporations purchase faster Internet, the consumers who use their service will be paying more to watch movies and download information. As a result, more money will be funneled from working Americans to wealthy telecom giants. We recently wrote that the United States has lost its democratic legitimacy and now was a plutocratic oligarchy. This is what plutocracy looks like – policies designed for the wealthy, so they can make more money from the rest of us. .............. In the future, if a new start-up – the future Twitter or Facebook – begins it will have a very hard time competing with those who are established Interne companies because the slower service of the start-ups will make them less consumer friendly. As a result we can expect less creativity on the Internet. As Stacy Higginbotham wrote: “The plans took the hallmark of network neutrality — the notion that ISP shouldn’t discriminate between the traffic flowing over their networks — and turned it on its head.” The proposal is being shared with other members of the Commission today. There will then be amendments suggested to garner majority support and the plan is to vote on the proposal on May 15, 2014. To Contact the Commissioners via E-mail: • Chairman Tom Wheeler: [email protected] • Commissioner Mignon Clyburn: [email protected] • Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel: [email protected] • Commissioner Ajit Pai: [email protected] • Commissioner Michael O’Rielly: Mike.O’[email protected] • To call and contact commissioner’s offices, call 1-888-225-5322. In addition, call your elected representatives. Tell them if net neutrality is ended, you will hold them accountable by withholding your vote. Both parties hope to control the senate after the mid-term elections, so you have more power than usual to let them know they are losing your vote if they fail to take action to stop the FCC proposal. The number for Congress is 202-224-3121. Finally, sign the petition. ................. Save The Internet reports this could be the end of the Internet as we know it: “It means we could be headed toward a pay-per-view Internet where Web sites have fees. It means we may have to pay a network tax to run voice-over-the-Internet phones, use an advanced search engine, or chat via Instant Messenger. The next generation of inventions will be shut out of the top-tier service level. Meanwhile, the network owners will rake in even greater profits.” Now Wheeler is set to propose what the industry has wanted, an end to net neutrality, that will allow them to charge us more for service and created financial barriers that will prevent new services from challenging their domination of the Internet. If you want an open Internet, take action today. We can stop this – but we must act now. Please CONTACT THESE PEOPLE and forward this to everyone you know.
- FREEPRESS.NET Tell the FCC: Restore Net Neutrality
- SPIN.COM Music Could Be Headed for Internet Slow Lane Thanks to FCC
- OFFICIAL WH PETITION: We petition the obama administration to Restore Net Neutrality By Directing the FCC to Classify Internet Providers as "Common Carriers"
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Jaclyn Lopez, staff attorney for the Center for Biological Diversity & S. Elizabeth Birnbaum, director of the Minerals Management Service at the time of the Deepwater Horizon blowout Exclusive: 4 Years After BP Disaster, Ousted Drilling Chief Warns U.S. at Risk of Another Oil Spill
- Ken Klonsky, co-author with Rubin "Hurricane" Carter of the book, "Eye of the Hurricane: My Path from Darkness to Freedom" & John Artis, Rubin "Hurricane" Carter’s co-defendant and friend Rubin "Hurricane" Carter Dies at 76: Wrongly Jailed Boxer Championed Justice After Winning His Own
- Mark Kitchell, director of "A Fierce Green Fire" Earth Day Special: "Fierce Green Fire" Documentary Explores Environmental Movement’s Global Rise
- Nikole Hannah-Jones, ProPublica investigative journalist Jim Crow in the Classroom: New Report Finds Segregation Lives on in U.S. Schools We are joined by Nikole Hannah-Jones, whose article, "The Resegregation of America’s Schools," is the latest in the ProPublica series "Segregation Now: Investigating America’s Racial Divide."
- Dan Fagin, author of "Toms River: A Story of Science and Salvation", for which he won the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for General Non-Fiction Toms River: How a Small Town Fought Back Against Corporate Giants for Toxic Dumping Linked to Cancer
- Naveed Shinwari, plaintiff in FBI "no-fly list" lawsuit & Shayana Kadidal, senior managing attorney at the Center for Constitutional Rights Muslim Americans Who Claim FBI Used No-Fly List to Coerce Them Into Becoming Informants File Lawsuit
- Hina Shamsi, director of the American Civil Liberties Union’s National Security Project In Landmark Ruling, U.S. Ordered to Release Memo Behind Targeted Killings of U.S. Citizens
- James Spione, director and producer of new documentary "Silenced" "Silenced" Film Explores the Human Toll of Obama’s Crackdown on National Security Whistleblowers A new documentary film follows three national security whistleblowers who fight to reveal the darkest corners of America’s war on terror while enduring the wrath of a government increasingly determined to maintain secrecy: former Justice Department lawyer Jesselyn Radack, former senior National Security Agency official Thomas Drake, and former CIA officer John Kiriakou.
- Michael Copps, former FCC Commissioner & Astra Taylor, author and filmmaker Internet For the 1 Percent: New FCC Rules Strike Down Net Neutrality, Opening Fast Lanes for Fees
- More Astra Taylor "Utopian Potential of the Internet": Astra Taylor on How to Take Back Power & Culture in Digital Age
- Velma Hill, longtime civil and labor rights activist Protesting the 1964 World’s Fair: Activists Recall Effort to Highlight Civil Rights, Labor Struggles
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Linda Levy: Building Power for Credit Unions A financial institution that you can run? Better than that, one that you and your neighbors can own and manage to reinvest in local economies? Credit unions, it turns out, can be all that more! ........ more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Angels @ Yankees 8 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Athletics @ Rangers 7 pm et »»» NBA on ABC & TNT First round continues! ABC 1 pm et Chicago at Washington Game 4 - Wizards lead 2-1; ABC 3:30 pm et LA Clippers at Golden State Game 4 - Clippers lead 2-1; TNT 7 pm et Toronto at Brooklyn Game 4 - Nets lead 2-1; TNT 9:30 pm et Houston at Portland Game 4 - Trail Blazers lead 2-1
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet The Federal Communications Commission is proposing rules that would kill — rather than protect — Net Neutrality and allow rampant discrimination online. Under these rules, telecom giants like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon would be able to pick winners and losers online and discriminate against online content and applications. And no one would be able to do anything about it. We must stop the FCC from moving forward with these rules, which would give the green light to ISPs eager to crush Net Neutrality. The agency can preserve Net Neutrality only by designating broadband as a telecommunications service under the law. Anything else is an attack on our rights to connect and communicate. Tell FCC Chairman Wheeler to throw out his proposed rules. Demand nothing less than real Net Neutrality. SIGN NOW at Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet at freepress.net NOW. Join the Day of Action on May 15! The Internet will rise up online and take to the streets. SIGN UP HERE to learn more!
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Defending Democracy: A presentation by Chelsea Manning's defense team, now on youtube! April 19, 2014. See Chelsea Manning's new defense team, Nancy Hollander and Vincent Ward, give their first public presentation alongside NSA whistleblower Thomas Drake, FBI whistleblower Mike German, and Support Network Organizer Emma Cape..... AND Update 4/5/14: Today marks the fourth anniversary of the release of Collateral Murder It has been four years since the public became witness to Collateral Murder, the shocking video which exposed the murder of innocent civilians and two Reuters journalists, which was released by Chelsea Manning and then published by WikiLeaks on April 5, 2010. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson
• Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass.
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, ABC News contributor and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, Nobel Prize-winning economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, and Fusion’s “AM Tonight” host Alicia Menendez.
• “Sunday Spotlight”: GMA anchor Robin Roberts discusses her new book, “Everybody’s Got Something” and her historic 2012 interview with President Obama on same-sex marriage.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn, a ranking member on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
• Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
• Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-MO
• ROUNDTABLE: Bobby Ghosh and Joe Klein of Time, Peter Baker of The New York Times, and Nia-Malika Henderson of The Washington Post.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, April 27 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• Nuke missile crews burdened by old phone system - In a rare look inside America’s nuclear missile complex, 60 Minutes finds faulty phones and aging equipment
• Saving the lives of 669 children - Nicholas Winton helped save 669 children from Nazi-occupied Czechoslovakia by sheer determination and some old-fashioned trickery
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• former British Prime Minister Tony Blair
• White House Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken
• ROUNDTABLE: Mallory Factor, best-selling author and Professor at The Citadel; Jeffrey Goldberg, Correspondent for The Atlantic and Bloomberg View Columnist; Neera Tanden, President of the Center for American Progress; Rich Lowry, Editor of National Review.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
• Senator John Barrasso (R-WY), Senate Foreign Relations Committee
• Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD), Senate Foreign Relations Committee
• ROUNDTABLE: Matt Bai, S.E. Cupp, and L.Z. Granderson
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! Featuring the H.O.R.N./Malloy skype group! Listen here NOW! Friday, April 25th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• Help Us Celebrate 500 Episodes of 'Green News Report' and Other News That Matters Today we crossed a milestone. As luck --- I mean, really smart planning a little over five years ago --- would have it, our 500th episode of the Green News Report just happened to be today...on Earth Day. Yes, we totally planned it that way.
• 'Green News Report' - April 24, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Another fossil fuel explosion, this time in Wyoming; State Department delays as Cowboys & Indians protest the Keystone XL pipeline; Landmark $3m judgment against fracking company; Oil industry unprepared for oil spill in the Arctic; PLUS: The legacy of the BP Oil Disaster in the Gulf, four years later... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see links at site): Sweeping reforms to protect coal miners from black lung disease; Game Over: killer video uses Tetris to explain climate change; China says 59% of its groundwater is polluted; Tea Party wants to help you go solar; WV coal ash spill: Health Dept. reports finally admits negative health impacts; Apple offers free recycling of its products; Score another victory for climate science and Michael Mann ... PLUS: Let This Earth Day Be The Last ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADCAST! California 'Democracy'; USA Torture: KPFK 'BradCast' Guests: CA Green Party SoS candidate David Curtis, fresh off being excluded from the Sacramento Press Club debate; Journalist Jason Leopold, fresh off his interview with CIA torture program architect James Mitchell...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Democrats Lead Republicans by 6 Points in Generic 2014 Mid-Term Election Polling So they'll stop acting like losers now too?...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! No, Mr. Issa. The IRS Wasn't 'Targeting Conservatives'. New documents reveal what BRAD BLOG reported long ago: Progressive groups were singled out by IRS, and even more than Rightwing groups. Both properly so!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Arkansas Photo ID Voting Restriction Struck Down
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 17 Apr 2014 PBC News & Comment: Christian Leaders Call For End to War On Drugs It’s Holy Week, and Christian leaders say “Jesus would end the war on (some) drugs”; momentum for change is building….
• PBC News & Comment 22 Apr 2014 Away From the Mike For a Few Days…. Our daily podcast will resume on April 29.….
• PBC News & Comment 22 Apr 2014 PPBC News & Comment: NY Federal Appeals Court Orders Release of Obama “Kill-at-Will” Memos As federal district judge in Oakland dismissed a similar case, appeals court in NY orders release of Obama’s kill memos….
• PBC Standard Podcast April 21, 2014 Young Gaza Writers Share Their Experiences From “Operation Cast Lead”
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! April 25, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Robert Borosage from the Campaign for America’s Future will tell us how we can build a sustainable populist movement.
• Best-selling author Matt Taibbi will tell us about his latest book “The Divide: American Injustice in the Age of the Wealth Gap.”
• And author Astra Taylor will tell us why social media isn’t the always the best solution for building mass movements.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! April 26, 2014 Sundays at NOON!
»» Author David Neiwert will talk about the ramifications of the federal government stepping down in the Bundy Ranch saga.
»» Linda Lipsen will explain the new forced arbitration agreements that Facebook users are unwittingly signing.
»» We’ll talk with author David Bromwich about why President Obama has been such a disappointment for progressives.
»» And investigative journalist and author Greg Palast will explain what has happened in the 4 years since the Deepwater Horizon oil spill disaster.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on April 25, 2014 by Joshua De Leon - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on March 29, 2014 by Joshua De Leon
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Where Are The Populist Leaders? (VIDEO) Poll after poll shows us that the American public is ready for honest, populist leaders in Washington. They want to provide food for the hungry, shelter for the homeless, and they believe that Wall Street bankers and inheritance babies should pay their fair share of taxes. This is what the public wants – but it isn’t what we’re getting from our leaders. Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio explains why with Robert Borosage from the Campaign for America’s Future.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: SCOTUS Is Rotten At The Top (VIDEO) The recent Supreme Court decision in the McCutcheon case proved that the Roberts court removed all doubt that the court is in the pocket of big business. And it goes even further than just being pro-business – the court has been completely corrupted. Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio talks about this with attorney Joe Cotchett.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 4/21/14 Best of: Bhaskar Sunkara: Radicalism Is The Solution & For Members Dahlia Lithwick On John Roberts
• TUESDAY 4/22/14 Best of: Martin Gilens: Affluence & Influence
• WEDNESDAY 4/23/14 SCOTUS Strikes Against Affirmative Action & The Reign of Inequality
• THURSDAY 4/24/14 Haley Sweetland Edwards: The Corporate “Free Speech” Racket
• FRIDAY 4/25/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Matt Walsh
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
• SPECIAL THIS MONDAY! Special start time 11:30 am et as Majority Report celebrates TEN YEARS with Special Guest and former co-host Janeane Garofalo!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Are You an Elitist? Class Warfare and the New Nobility by Charles Hugh Smith - One of the easiest ways to put someone on the defensive in America is to accuse him/her of being an elitist. The power of this accusation derives from a complex mix of dynamics. At least one goes all the way back to the founding principles of the nation: a profound and abiding distrust of monarchy and landed nobility, and a well-grounded fear that democracy could be subverted and a new form of feudal monarchy returned to power. It is increasingly clear that a new form of feudalism has indeed subverted democracy, and that the New Feudalism is powered by concentrations of private wealth and centralized state control: what I call the New Nobility. Read more HERE .......
• Chernobyl – the biting wind, the silent scream by maxkeiser - Chernobyl - the biting wind, the silent scream - memoirs of a 'Chernobylite' - The Ecologist - http://bit.ly/1ineBuI.
• VIDEO! US collapsing, becoming Casino Gulag state by maxkeiser
• VIDEO! Fake facts in US media affecting White House policies by Stacy Herbert
• Say Goodbye to “Net Neutrality” – New FCC Proposal Will Permit Discrimination of Web Content Submitted by Michael Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg. - The concept of “net neutrality” is not an easy one to wrap your head around. Particularly if you aren’t an expert in how the internet works and if you don’t work for an ISP (internet service provider). In fact, I think that lobbyists and special interest groups make the concept intentionally difficult and convoluted so that the average person’s eyes glare over and they move on to the next topic. I am by no means an expert in this area; however, in this post I will try to explain in as simple terms as possible what “net neutrality” means and what is at risk with the latest FCC proposal. I also highlight a wide variety of articles on the subject, so I hope this post can serve as a one-stop-shop on the issue. Read the rest HERE.
• KEISER REPORT [KR591] Keiser Report: Margaret Thatcher? Anti-Christ! We discuss the rentier rising from the dead, generation debt and harvesting the young with student debt. In the second half, Max interviews Ross Ashcroft about the housing super bubble in London and what it means to the rest of the economy to have a rentier class in charge.
• KEISER REPORT [KR592] Keiser Report: Zombie Banks, Debt Schools We discuss how with a university education, one may steal the whole railroad but will also leave the student heavily in debt with tumbling starting salaries. In the second half, Max interviews Jan Skoyles of the Real Asset Company about China’s gold, international payment systems, bail-ins and Getting REAL.
• KEISER REPORT [KR593] Keiser Report: Hot Tips from Losers We discuss Americans as the big globalisation losers, though they refuse to admit it because they’ve bought Hot Tips from Losers. Meanwhile, in China, the middle class recognize the equally corrupt oligarchic system there also makes them losers, or, in their own words, male pubic hair. In the second half, Max interviews international businessman and RBS claimant, Neil Mitchell, about the latest in his high-profile battle against GRG and RBS. He suggests the public move their funds from RBS and Max suggests that British law = government hack writes report, then they hold an enquiry, then they write another report.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1314] The Truth About Markets – 19 April 2014 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream.......
• Scott Horton Radio Show 04/23/14 Philip Giraldi: TFormer CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses the covert US-Turkey operation to deliver Libyan weapons to Syrian rebels; why Fox News narrowly focuses on Benghazi while ignoring the broader implications; and the origins of the US’s plans for Syrian regime change.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 04/24/14 Eric Margolis: Eric Margolis, an award-winning syndicated columnist, discusses the risks of a US-Russia military confrontation over Ukraine; NATO’s aggressive show of force in the region; and why the winner in Ukraine actually loses (getting stuck with Kiev’s enormous debt).
• Scott Horton Radio Show 04/25/14 Ray McGovern: Ray McGovern, a retired CIA officer turned political activist, discusses former State Department think-tank director Anne-Marie Slaughter’s op-ed advising bombing Syria to intimidate Russia; John Kerry’s poor performance compared to his Russian counterpart; how US aggression is pushing China and Russia closer together; and the widespread confusion on who is responsible for the chemical attacks in Syria.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Gov Mike Pence (R-IN)
• XIV Foundation CEO Jennifer Gratz & BAMN National Chair Shanta Driver
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml