Brick TeeVee is a preview of the Sunday Talking Head Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media, plus some good progressive radio and who will be on which show. If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have, please share below. Post your comments while you watch! It's fun, it's healthy and doggonit at least we'll know others can also see through the media manipulation that blankets our public airwaves. DEBUNK HERE!
So, with no further ado, I present to you This Week's Brick TeeVee entry!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Welcome to all the Moms out there who will acually be able to sit and watch an entire Talking Head show in peace while their families wait on them hand-and-foot! Well, that's how it's SUPPOSED TO WORK (Hey! You kids!) Boy are you in for a treat, moms! BARACK OBAMA will "work across the aisle" with U-Boat Captain Blitzer! WOW! (that's MOM upside down!) CHRIS DODD backs him up on Meet the Tim as does DAVID AXLEROD "working across the aisle" at fauxnews. Timeh then gives TERRY MCAULIFFE some softballs so MCAWFUL can make it to Face the Bob. Speaking of Face the Bob, JOHN EDWARDS will be asked to size up the two remaining candidates and make a prediction, as will HARRY REID, who tries to sell his new book "The Good Fight" to George Snuffagupolis. The WH/Pentagon Hummer Limo adds to global warming with 3-Star RICARDO SANCHES where Wolfie begins every question with "Oh Rickey!" a la Lucille Ball! HAHA! Wind up those Mom's Day Bricks for BEN STEIN on faux and ROY BLUNT on Wolfie. Later, GO BANANAS on 60 Minutes. Find out about the Taxpayer Assistance and Simplification Act, your diet “In Defense of Food”, KEVIN PHILLIPS, and “The Commission: The Uncensored History of the 9/11 Investigation” on Ring of Fire Radio. AAR's Sam Seder may only have a few shows left as his contract with AAR is up soon, so TUNE IN! The Brick TeeVee crew is more interested in watching the grass grow than cutting it or watching the Sunday bobbleheads. But, they say, their new ELECTRIC LAWN MOWER will be here any day now! Nevermind that the lawn is starting to look like a jungle. City Hall Weed Ordinance Violation, here we come!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
MLB ON TBS TBS joins the MLB family with their NEW weekly Sunday Afternoon Baseball Game. This week it's NY Yankess @ Detroit Tigers - 1 pm et
NBA ON ABC The LA Lakers visit the Utah Jazz for GAME 5 of their semi-final matchup (ABC 3:30 pm et) and it's the NOLA Jazz @ Defending Champ San Antonio (TNT 8 pm et)
NASCAR Sprint Cup HAHA! Made ya look! The Left-Turn League ALWAYS takes Mom's Day off! The only thing NASCAR fans love more than the Daytona 500 and superspeedway "Big One" crashes is their moms! But you knew that!
- This Week (ABC) • Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev. • McCain campaign supporter Carly Fiorina, former Hewlett-Packard CEO (And this helps McCain... HOW? <---CLICK! -Ed.) • Roundtable: Washington Post's Ruth Marcus and ABC News' Cokie Roberts, Sam Donaldson and George Will
- Face The Nation (CBS)TOPIC: Presidential Politics • John Edwards - Former Democratic Presidential Candidate • Terry McAuliffe - Clinton Campaign Chairman • Jim Vandehei - Executive Editor, Politico
- 60 Minutes (CBS) • The Price Of Bananas Chiquita Brands International says it paid murderous paramilitaries in Colombia to protect the lives of its employees there, but the families of civilians killed by the paramilitaries say the company is responsible for their deaths. Steve Kroft reports. (Didja ever hear of United Fruit Company? No? Guess which family has big ties to UFC! Look HERE! Then read When Bananas Ruled the World! -Ed.) • Detention In America An investigation by Washington Post reporters Dana Priest and Amy Goldstein, joined by 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley, uncovers the neglectful conditions and inadequate medical treatment in a U.S. government-run prison system that has caused the deaths of some detainees. • Alec Baldwin Morley Safer profiles the versatile actor, who talks candidly about his career and his personal life – including his very public divorce and custody battle.
- Meet the Press (NBC) “It’s a TV show. If you can’t handle TV questions, how are you going to stand up to Iran, and North Korea, and the rest of the world?” • SEN. CHRIS DODD (D-CT) Obama supporter • TERRY MCAULIFFE Clinton campaign chairman • CHRIS CILLIZZA Washington Post and author of "The Fix" at WashingtonPost.com • JOHN HARWOOD (Chief Washington Correspondent, CNBC & The New York Times) & Co-Author GERALD SEIB (The Wall Street Journal) on their new book "Pennsylvania Avenue: Profiles in Backroom Power" • MICHELE NORRIS - Host, NPR's "All Things Considered"
- Late Edition (CNN) The battle for the Democratic nomination rages on. Wolf talks with Senator Barack Obama on when he thinks the nomination will be his. Plus Iraqi Ambassador Samir Sumaidaie on the growing cost of the war in Iraq and what it means for American tax payers. • Sen. Barack Obama, (D) Presidential Candidate • Rep. Roy Blunt, (R) Minority Whip • Rep. Chris Van Hollen, (D) DCCC Chairman • Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez, Fmr. U.S. Commander in Iraq • Samir Sumaidaie, Iraqi Ambassador to U.S.
- Seder on Sunday! SEDER WATCH! Sam's contract is up this month (and we know how THAT can work out at AAR), So TUNE IN for LIVE SHOWS while it's here! Seder on Sunday! airs LIVE at 4 pm et - 1 pm pt on many Air America affiliates, including • KPHX www.1480kphx.com in Phoenix • KPTK www.am1090seattle.com in Seattle (archives there, too) For more affiliates check out Sam Seder blogger Fernando's Open Mic for SAM SEDER RADIO OUTLETS. • Weekend Watchdog with Bill Scher • The Panel: TBA • Live Blogging, SammyCam and YOUR CALLS at 866-303-2270!
- Ring of Fire Radio Find us at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/ and http://goleft.tv/ • Former political advisor to Richard Nixon, and now an economic populist, Kevin Philips will join us to talk about how corporate America’s greed has helped pushed this country into a recession. • Congressman and chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chris Van Hollen will be here to talk about the Taxpayer Assistance and Simplification Act, which will close corporate tax loopholes. • Author Jim Bovard will be joining us again to talk about how the Bush Administration turned Americans’ patriotism into blind loyalty after 9/11. • Michael Pollan, author of the new book “In Defense of Food” will be here to tell us why the supposedly “healthy” foods that we’re eating might actually be making us sick. • Our good friend David Bender joins us once again to talk about the results of this week’s primaries, and to run down this week’s buried stories with Pap. • And Philip Shenon will be here to give us the truth about the 9/11 Commission, which he chronicles in his new book – “The Commission: The Uncensored History of the 9/11 Investigation.” Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack!
- "Massa In The Morning" "Massa In The Morning" is quick, topical, smart, sometimes hilarious, and ALWAYS kind. With co-host Bill Berry, EVERY Sunday morning from 10am til noon Eastern time! WHHO-AM 1320 Streaming ON-LINE at http://www.hornellradio.com (you do have to register, so go register now if you want to listen tomorrow.) CALL IN! 607-324-2000 (yer cell phone minutes are FREE on the weekends!)
- fauxnews • David Axelrod, chief strategist for the Obama campaign • Howard Wolfson, Clinton campaign senior adviser • Ben Stein, author, actor and economist
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Are you going to brave the Sunday shows? ~snip~ So if you're going to be watching, jot down which show you're watching,and how many minutes in it was from the beginning of the show. We'll have every moment of every show recorded. And please include the subject line "Sunday Shows" on any email tip you send in. Send tips to firstname.lastname@example.org ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©"HAD ENOUGH?" BOOK REFERENCE: "In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto" by Michael Pollan # ISBN-10: 1594201455 # ISBN-13: 978-1594201455 "The Commission: The Uncensored History of the 9/11 Investigation" by Philip Shenon # ISBN-10: 0446580759 # ISBN-13: 978-0446580755 "The Good Fight" by Harry Reid (Author), Mark Warren (Author) # ISBN-10: 039915499X # ISBN-13: 978-0399154997