Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
WISCONSIN DAY 13 The most up-to-date reports come from John Nichols in Madison for The Nation Upwards of 125,000 March in Madison, as Activists Rally Nationwide to Back Wisconsin Workers The people-power surge came in response to what the senior member of the Wisconsin legislature, state Senator Fred Risser, D-Madison, describes as Walker’s “dictatorial” actions, and to what state Representative Cory Mason, D-Racine, describes as “tyranny.” Much more coverage below in the BTV Alerts. Robert Reich nails it. The Coming Shutdowns and Showdowns: What’s Really at Stake There’s no doubt that government budgets are in trouble. The big lie is that the reason is excessive spending. Public budgets are in trouble because revenues plummeted over the last two years of the Great Recession. They’re also in trouble because of tax giveaways to the rich. Before Wisconsin’s budget went bust, Governor Walker signed $117 million in corporate tax breaks. Wisconsin’s immediate budge shortfall is $137 million. That’s his pretext for socking it to Wisconsin’s public unions. Nationally, you remember, Republicans demanded and received an extension of the Bush tax cuts for the rich. They’ve made it clear they’re intent on extending them for the next ten years, at a cost of $900 billion. They’ve also led the way on cutting the estate tax, and on protecting Wall Street private equity and hedge-fund managers whose earnings are taxed at the capital gains rate of 15 percent. And the last thing they’d tolerate is an increase in the top marginal tax rate on the super-rich. Meanwhile, of course, more and more of the nation’s income and wealth has been concentrating at the top. In the late 1970s, the top 1 percent got 9 percent of total income. Now it gets more than 20 percent. So the problem isn’t that “we’ve” been spending too much. It’s that most Americans have been getting a steadily smaller share of the nation’s total income. AlterNet's David Rosen follows up in Notorious Pro-Corporate Group ALEC's Hidden Role in Stoking Class War in Wisconsin and the Rest of America The current anti-union campaign being implemented in Wisconsin and other states has the fingerprints of the American Legislative Executive Council (ALEC) all over it. ... If you think the battle over labor rights now being fought out in Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee and other states is purely a matter of coincidence or budget shortfalls, I've got a bridge to sell you. The Wisconsin showdown is a result of an economic crisis precipitated by bankers, financial speculators and intentionally inept regulators. In line with Naomi Klein's argument in The Shock Doctrine, America's Great Recession served to destabilize the nation's economy so as to facilitate the systematic expropriation of the personal and social wealth of the middle-class. The effort by Wisconsin citizens opposing Gov. Walker's anti-labor campaign is an attempt to halt this ongoing plunder. ... Republican forces are collaborating in the massive robbery of the collective wealth and precious self-esteem amassed by the America middle-class since it took shape following World War II. And ALEC is at the center of this political campaign. Its programs fashion the legislative agenda of class robbery that defines American politics today. ... Fortune reported that during the 2009 legislative session, ALEC developed 826 state bills and 115 of them were made into law. (In 2010, the GOP picked up more than 700 seats in state legislatures and now controls 25 state legislatures, up from 14.) According to Edwin Bender, executive director, National Institute on Money in State Politics, "Corporations can implement their agendas very effectively using ALEC." Tyler Durden of zerohedge reports (h/t msgeaux) Brent Passes $110 A $10 move in a week is just what the doctor ordered to destroy the last trace of surreality in the whole "economic recovery" story. At this rate we will take out all time high crude prices by mid March. As we have been saying since December, a rapid move in oil will undo years of carefully planned propaganda and money printing. Yet the weakness that "nobody could have possibly predicted" is just as we had forecast: global and US weakness in late February/March, market swoons in March/April (as per DeMark's repeat appearance), Fed releases early indications of QE3 in May. In the meantime, we also get a war as a bonus to boost the US military-defense industrial complex. Pretty much a rerun of the first great depression to the dot. AND Half Of Libyan Oil Production, Or 800,000 Barrels, Now Offline Traders added that Libya’s national oil company had declared force majeure – a legal clause allowing it to default on contracted deliveries – on contracts to export oil products. In addition, most of the country’s ports remain closed.Lastly, expectations that OPEC can just step in and fill the void are largely unfounded, not in the least since peak OPEC output is likely vastly exaggerated. "Without information on the scale and duration of any disruption, Opec cannot accurately gauge how much additional crude to produce. A release stocks by the IEA may meet market needs more closely," Mr Eagles, former head of oil markets at the IEA, said in a note to clients. Look for Brent to continue on its path to $120 over the next week, bringing it ever closer to its all time highs just over $140. Make that $140 if the US does, as some speculate, invade the region to bring "peace and stability" to the region. Press TV has an interview with Danny Schecter of Mediachannel.org: 'Foreign military intervention in Libya' SCHECTER: The western countries are meeting to discuss various approaches and options, including military options. Fidel Castro has warned over possible military intervention. The US president's former chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, who was just elected mayor of Chicago, is famous for having said that "good crisis is a terrible thing to waste." And there is an opportunity here that foreign western powers like NATO and United States to intervene eligibly on humanitarian basis, but actually to try to cease the oil or to get control of the oil in Libya. The BTV Crew recommends Tomgram: Engelhardt, Washington's Echo Chamber , Matt Stoller: The Liquidation of Society versus the Global Labor Revival, Rothschilds Stage Revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt To Kill Islamic Banks In Emerging North African Markets and Paul Krugman's Shock Doctrine, U.S.A. The story of the privatization-obsessed Coalition Provisional Authority was the centerpiece of Naomi Klein’s best-selling book "The Shock Doctrine" which argued that it was part of a broader pattern. From Chile in the 1970s onward, she suggested, right-wing ideologues have exploited crises to push through an agenda that has nothing to do with resolving those crises, and everything to do with imposing their vision of a harsher, more unequal, less democratic society. Which brings us to Wisconsin 2011, where the shock doctrine is on full display.In recent weeks, Madison has been the scene of large demonstrations against the governor’s budget bill, which would deny collective-bargaining rights to public-sector workers. Gov. Scott Walker claims that he needs to pass his bill to deal with the state’s fiscal problems. But his attack on unions has nothing to do with the budget. In fact, those unions have already indicated their willingness to make substantial financial concessions — an offer the governor has rejected. What’s happening in Wisconsin is, instead, a power grab — an attempt to exploit the fiscal crisis to destroy the last major counterweight to the political power of corporations and the wealthy. And the power grab goes beyond union-busting. The bill in question is 144 pages long, and there are some extraordinary things hidden deep inside Be sure to watch Max Keiser Report #124 with Glenn Greenwald and the Laurence Lessig video below along with MATT TAIBBI on DN! and an interview with Rolling Stone's MICHAEL HASTINGS at AntiWar.com discussing his latest article Another Runaway General: Army Deploys Psy-Ops on U.S. Senators. And if you're reading this on a DELL (DUDE!) you may want to read Mother Jones article "The audacious ascent of American oligarch Michael Dell" on-line soon or sign up at MoJo to read now! Save your bricks for HOSNI WALKER on Meet the David and CHRIS CHISTIE on Face the Bob. Click on anything below and become instantly smarter! The Brick TeeVee Crew found themselves in two feet of snow and a dead car battery but managed to figure out both - all the snow that melted came back in ten hours! We're dug out now and bought provisions for the race in Phoenix (Gooodyear Park - Cactus League home of the Tribe) and The Red Carpet Oscar Extravaganza. Gasland better win. Enjoy your week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
Acclaimed Libyan poet and scholar Khaled Mattawa @ Democracy Now! WATCH NOW “Libya is Forever Changed by These Events”: Libyan Poet and Scholar Khaled Mattawa on the Pro-Democracy Movement Amid Government Violence February 21
»»» Matt Taibbi @ DEMOCRACY NOW! WATCH NOW Matt Taibbi: "Why Isn’t Wall Street in Jail?" RELATED: Why Isn't Wall Street in Jail?February 22, 2011
»»» Donald Conley, operations director for Ohio Civil Service Association @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Labor Protests to Defend Collective Bargaining Rights Spread to Ohio February 22, 2011
»»» Rev. Jesse Jackson @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Rev. Jesse Jackson Marches in Madison as Thousands Defend Public Employees and Unions February 22, 2011
»»» Declan Walsh, the Pakistan correspondent for The Guardian @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Arrest of CIA Agent Sheds Light on American Covert War in Pakistan, Straining U.S.-Pakistani Relations February 23, 2011
»»» Lisa Graves of the Center for Media and Democracy @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Billionaire Right-Wing Koch Brothers Fund Wisconsin Governor Campaign and Anti-Union Push February 24, 2011
»»» Glenn Greenwald @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Glenn Greenwald on the Assange Extradition Ruling, the Jailing of Bradley Manning, and the Campaign to Target WikiLeaks Supporters February 24, 2011
»»» Elizabeth DiNovella of the Madison-based magazine The Progressive @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "Gov. Walker Needs to Get Over His Koch Addiction": Labor Activists Protest Koch Brothers’ Madison Office February 25, 2011
»»» Democratic State Senator Chris Larson @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "Until We Throw This Bill Out, We Can’t Come Back:" Wisconsin State Senator Chris Larson Remains in Illinois February 25, 2011
»»» The Nation magazine’s John Nichols @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Protesters Expect 100,000 in Madison as Assembly OKs Anti-Union Bill February 25, 2011
»»» Democracy Now!’s Anjali Kamat in Libya @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Thousands Feared Dead in Gaddafi’s Crackdown on Libyan Uprising February 25, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Rev. Jesse Jackson: The Spark to Fight Back
»»» GRITtv LIVE in Madison, Wisconsin @ GRITtv GRITtv Special from Madison, Wisconsin
»»» GRITtv LIVE in Madison, Wisconsin @ GRITtv GRITtv Special from Madison, Wisconsin: February 22
»»» GRITtv LIVE in Madison, Wisconsin @ GRITtv GRITtv Special: Workers Protest in Columbus, Ohio & Madison, Wisconsin
»»» Tom Morello in Madison, Wisconsin @ GRITtv Tom Morello: Putting Wind in the Sails of the Struggle
»Bill Fletcher, Jr.: From Uprising to Social Movement
»»» The F Word: @ GRITtv WATCH The F Word: Crushing Workers in Wisconsin Has National Effects
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» PBA on ESPN
The 68TH LUMBER LIQUIDATORS U.S. OPEN from North Brunswick, NJ! 3 pm et
»»» NASCAR on FOX It's the Subway Fress Fit 500 from Phoenix! Coverage begins @ 3 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT Thursday Doubleheader! Magin @ Heat 8 pm then Nuggets @ Jazz 10:30 pm
»»» THE 83rd ACADEMY AWARDS ON ABC Coverage begins with the Red Carpet at 7 PM et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
Support the troops who refuse to fight! See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! PayPal Stops Donations to Bradley Manning Michael Whitney at firedoglake
FORA.tv Series: WikiLeaks: Security Threat or Media Savior? WikiLeaks: Why It Matters. Why It Doesn't? Debate at the Churchill Club - With Daniel Elsberg, Clay Shirky, Neville Roy Singham, Peter Thiel, Jonathan Zittrain and Moderated by Paul Jay, CEO and Senior Editor, The Real News Network
WORLD CAN'T WAIT!March 17-19 Iraq War Protests March 17-19, that’s a Thursday through Saturday, will be protest days in Washington D.C., organized by the ANSWER Coalition, Veterans for Peace, World Can’t Wait, and other groups. Start making your plans now to mark that anniversary, in DC, or wherever you can be visible.
BRAD FRIEDMAN & VELVET REVOLUTION!Investigate Chamber Of Commerce Spying On Reporters And NGOs I call on Congress and the Department of Justice to investigate the Chamber of Commerce law firm, Hunton & Williams, for conspiring with three private security firms to create a multimillion dollar intelligence operation to destroy www.StopTheChamber.com, Velvet Revolution and it staff, including journalist Brad Friedman, along with SEIU, reporter Glenn Greenwald, Change to Win and ChamberWatch. This planned attack included planting false documents, creating disinformation, spying on the group's operation, cyberstalking, and defamation. It is unconstitutional and undemocratic for firms acting on behalf of the Chamber of Commerce to engage in domestic spying with the intent to destroy reporters and non profit organizations. Congress should hold hearings to get to the bottom of this, and the Department of Justice should prosecute all those involved. Sign petition now!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,439 US Military Dead as of Feb 25, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,484 US Military Dead as of Feb 25, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Amanpour Live from Libya
• ROUNDTABLE: Governor Jan Brewer, R-Ariz., Gov. Deval Patrick, D-Mass., Gov. John Hickenlooper, D-Colo., and Gov. Nikki Haley, R-SC
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• N.J. Governor Chris Christie
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 21st CENTURY SNAKE OIL - 60 MINUTES hidden cameras expose medical conmen who prey on dying victims by using pitches that capitalize on the promise of stem cells to cure almost any disease. Scott Pelley reports. David Gelber, Sam Hornblower and Michael Radutzky are the producers. THIS IS A DOUBLE-LENGTH SEGMENT
• STEALING AMERICA'S SECRETS - 60 MINUTES has obtained an FBI videotape showing a Defense Department employee selling secrets to a Chinese spy that offers a rare glimpse into the secretive world of espionage and illustrates how China's spying may pose the biggest espionage threat to the U.S.. Scott Pelley reports. Henry Schuster is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker (R)
• Senator John McCain (R-AZ)
• ROUNDTABLE: Former head of the RNC, Gov. Haley Barbour (R-MS); chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO); host of MSNBC's "The Last Word," Lawrence O'Donnell; president of the AFL-CIO, Richard Trumka; and editorial board member and columnist for the Wall Street Journal, Kim Strassel.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Independent Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut
• Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona.
• Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.
• Florida Gov. Rick Scott
• Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy
• economist Mark Zandi of Moody's Analytics
• Douglas Holtz-Eakin, the former director of the Congressional Budget Office.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• DAHR JAMAIL at the University of West Virginia Go to USTREAM for An Evening with Dahr Jamail Video! Broadcast LIVE on The Horn Thursday February 17, 2011. Dahr Jamail has reported extensively on the BP Deepwater Horizon oil rig catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico and discusses his latest findings and how the same lax government oversight and corporate culture releates to mountaintop removal.
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!!! Bob recaps the week and opens the phones! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - February 24, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Oil prices spike on Libya unrest; Gettin' gassy at the Oscars; Hidden costs of coal; Air pollution deadlier than cocaine ... PLUS: Unrest in the Midwest, powered by Koch (the Billionaire Koch Brothers, that is) ... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Scientist finds Gulf bottom still oily, still dead; Americans trust the EPA over Congress; 10 Ways Rising Oil Prices Endanger the U.S. Recovery; Solar street lamp generates more energy than it uses; Solar Decathlon 2011 on the National Mall after all; Ways to lower your elec. bill even more; What to read when you're seeking out the actual science in climate science; Global warming skeptics unite to denounce VA AG's climate witch hunt; How Clean Is Clean Enough For Recycling?; Fed gov't. hides threat of toxic HF acid releases; "Climategate" climate scientists cleared yet again; Climate change fuels "dire" threat to coral reefs ... PLUS: Are Americans hardwired for extinction? ...
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 223 Two Important Protests: Wisconsin Fights Radical Right Governor, Ray McGovern Objects to Clinton’s Foreign Policy Citizens taking action: Robert Kraig reports from Madison on Day 8 of the struggle with new GOP governor; ex-CIA analyst Ray McGovern gives a detailed account of being roughed up and arrested for protesting Secretary Clinton’s speech extolling freedom of dissent.
• PBC Podcast 224 Libyan activist Akram Ramadan talks to us from Heathrow Airport as he prepares to return from exile. In this brief, time-sensitive interview, he predicts Qaddafi’s death (“like Hitler”) and offers a most optimistic view of a free Libya
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! February 25, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: we’ll be talking with Larry Hanley, president of the Amalgamated Transit Union, about how the attacks on unions in Wisconsin are just the tip of the iceberg in the national attack on unions and union workers.
• Dr. Boyd Haley will join us to discuss the rising autism rates in America, and why the CDC and pharmaceutical industry have been working around the clock to rule out the likely suspects causing this rise.
• Linda Lipsen, the president of the American Association for Justice, will tell us how corporations are putting American consumers in danger in order to save, literally, a couple dollars.
• And we’ll be talking with John Amato, the founder of Crooks and Liars, about the Republican hypocrites who are trying to take healthcare away from needy Americans, while enjoying free health coverage for themselves.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Democrats Should Abandon The South When Lyndon Johnson signed the civil rights Act into law, he made the comment that he just cost the Democrats the South for a generation. Little did he know that Democrats would still be struggling in the South more than 50 years later. So that raises the question about what move the Democrats make now – Do we abandon the South or do we continue to spend time and money on people who couldn’t care less about democratic policies, even though they depend on them more than the rest of the country. Mike Papantonio hopes to answer those questions with Mark Schmitt, executive editor of the American Prospect magazine.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The Koch Brothers Fuel Fascism Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz discuss the Koch Brothers’ dirty money in US politics. Including their relationship with Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge cosrporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• What we have learned so far this year is that if the people want a regime change, they go for it. Scott’s actions warrant such a move by the people, if they want dignity and freedom, and to be free from dictators and tyrants like Scott. Go for it! by maxkeiser READ Scott Walker Responds To Prank Call @ huffpo
• Manchurian Senators by maxkeiser READ Another Runaway General: Army Deploys Psy-Ops on U.S. Senators By Michael Hastings @ RollingStone.com
• "This is remniscent of the 'Dr. Evil' strategy that got Citi warned and fined in Europe a few years ago." by maxkeiser READ Silver Market Hit Hard With Bear Raid – The Dr. Evil Strategy @ Jesse's Café Américain
• Arabian revolutions and busted narratives by maxkeiser MK: Some things that become clear since the revolt in Tunisia. Peaceful revolutions, in the style of Gandhi, are possible and practical ways of overthrowing corrupt tyrants today. America’s narrative about Islam and Muslims – of an inherently violent culture – is wrong and racist (yes, Bill Maher you are a racist). Arabs that have revolted against their occupying dictators have succeeded where the attempts at democracy and dignity in Wisconsin have so far failed. America’s accepted wisdom and narrative about Iran is equally wrong. Here in Lebanon, reading all the local press, I notice that not a single article or comment by anyone in the entire region has appeared that is lumping Iran in with the monarchs and dictatorships of the countries now undergoing regime change. America’s view of the region is written by Israel. Israel doesn’t like Iran because it has been a successful Muslim democracy and continues to be (by current U.S. standards when comparing to Mullah Obama and America’s evangelical neo-liberal theocracy) – thus cutting into their narrative about the need to commit holocaust in Palestine – to make room to build more condos – in the name of some schmuck they choose to call God. Speaking of schmucks, Rahm Emmanuel become mayor of Chicago on Tuesday, Barack Obama awarded a 35 billion dollar contract to Chicago’s Boeing Corp. on Thursday. Boeing makes weapons of mass destruction – to kill who? Enemies according to Israel. America is running out of fake enemies abroad. Living in the U.S. is not safe. Living in Chicago is really not safe. Anyone care to bet that the next 9/11 goes down in Chicago? How does President Rahm Emmanuel sound.
• Madison = Palestine. America’s war-class can’t beat up on Arabs like they used to so they’re impoverishing Americans instead. by maxkeiser READ Wisconsin Assembly Passes Bill Stripping Union Rights From Public Workers @ huffpo
• India dumps dollar by maxkeiser READ Bank of India becomes first to offer trade settlement in yuan at Times of India
• VIDEO! Lawrence Lessig: the only sane, super smart guy everyone should listen to by maxkeiser
• “The new pathogen appears associated with serious pervasive diseases in plants – sudden death syndrome in soybean and Goss’ wilt in corn – but its suspected effects on livestock is alarming.” by maxkeiser READ Emergency! Pathogen New to Science Found in Roundup Ready GM Crops? @ Institute of Science in Society
• VIDEO! RT: Goldman Sachs – $5.4 billion worth of shady practices by maxkeiser
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Fed’s Reign of Terror (E123) We interview William D. Hartung.
• KEISER REPORT [KR124] Keiser Report – Fox News’ Boo Fail In the second half, we interview Glenn Greenwald
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – 19 February 2011 Download mp3 HERE
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Gerald Celente Max interviews Gerald Celente.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Stephen Webster February 23, 2011: Stephen Webster, Senior Editor at RawStory.com, discusses why Libyan leader Muammer Gaddafi will either be deposed or killed within the next several days; the spectacle of Gaddafi’s incoherent, angry and bizarre speech; how the New York Times agreed – yet again – to withhold information at the White House’s request, this time about accused murderer Raymond Davis‘s CIA employment; how US demands for Davis’s release could lead to a popular uprising in Pakistan or war; and Iran’s provocative – but hardly threatening – naval transit through the Suez Canal.
• Kevin Zeese February 23, 2011: Kevin Zeese, Executive Director and co-founder of VotersForPeace, discusses the newly launched Bradley Manning advocacy fund, that exists to counter the smearing of Manning in mainstream media; why he should be released on bail while awaiting trial; the foundations of democracy – consent of the governed and an informed citizenry – that Manning claimed were his motivations for leaking documents, if Wired‘s chat logs are to be believed; and why the outcome of his trial can only benefit the cause of press freedom, since he’ll be a hero if acquitted and a martyr if convicted.
• Michael Hastings February 23, 2011: Journalist Michael Hastings, winner of the George Polk Award for his article “The Runaway General” in Rolling Stone magazine, discusses rumors that the military is pushing for 20 thousand troops to remain in Iraq beyond the December 2011 withdrawal deadline; the modest expectations for the July troop drawdown in Afghanistan; a preview of his next Rolling Stone article about generals spinning the Afghan War; and the starkly different accounts given by Hamid Karzai and Gen. Petraeus of an incident involving Afghan civilian casualties.
• Greg Mitchell February 25, 2011: Greg Mitchell, author of the Media Fix blog for TheNation.com, discusses the newest released WikiLeaks documents on his 88th day of nonstop blogging, including Mariah Carey’s million dollar performance for Muammar Gaddafi’s son in 2009; the State Department cables that explain why there is no US ambassador in Libya at present; the friendly relationship between Hugo Chavez and Gaddafi; and the huge boost to Al Jazeera’s credibility (and probably ratings) thanks to their excellent coverage of Middle East uprisings. Greg Mitchell was the longtime editor of Editor & Publisher. He now writes the Media Fix blog for TheNation.com and maintains a Twitter feed.
• Marcy Wheeler February 25, 2011: Marcy Wheeler, blogging under the pseudonym “emptywheel” at firedoglake.com, discusses the mysterious case of CIA officer Raymond Davis and the shootings in Pakistan, doubts about his robbery story, the Obama administration’s clumsy response and their legal gymnastics in trying to arrange for diplomatic immunity to be applied and the agent released, the Pakistani public’s outrage over the incident and the large-scale covert war being waged there.
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Gov. Mitch Daniels, (R) Indiana
• Mike Huckabee, Former Presidential Candidate (R) / Host, FNC’s “Huckabee”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml