Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
EGYPT BREAKS THROUGH After 18 days of protests, over 300 lives lost and thousands injured, an internet blackout and several speeches imploring the protesters to go home by Mubarak it all ended with by vice president Omar Suleiman on national television Friday saying, "Citizens, during these very difficult circumstances that Egypt is going through, president Hosni Mubarak has decided to step down as the president of the republic and has entrusted the High Council of the Armed Forces to carry out the dealing of the country." As the Guardian UK explains in Egypt celebrates as Mubarak era ends There was jubilation in Cairo's Tahrir Square seconds after the news broke, while many simply sobbed for joy. ... The military says the cabinet will be sacked, the parliament suspended and they will work with the judges of the Supreme Court to amend the constitution to allow for fair and free elections currently scheduled for September. There was a note of caution in the background, however, over how far the military under field marshal Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, Mr Mubarak's veteran defence minister, is ready to permit a democracy, especially since the hitherto banned Islamist Muslim Brotherhood is one of the best-organised forces. ... In a statement, the military council said it would take measures for an interim phase and hoped to realise people's hopes. Striking the even-handed note the military has maintained throughout the crisis, it praised Mr Mubarak for resigning "in the interests of the nation" and the "martyrs" who died protesting. Now that the top brass in the Egyptian military have now taken over until new elections can be held in the coming months Shashank Joshi points out at the BBC Viewpoint: Too early to celebrate in Egypt? Moreover, if a future government seeks to chart an independent policy towards Israel or Hamas, the military will be loath to jeopardise its flow of US aid. This could prompt a Pakistan-like situation in which elected leaders are stripped of control over foreign policy. The man now at the apex of Egypt is Defence Minister Mohamed Tantawi. He embodies the reactionary forces still embedded at the heart of a regime that may have shed its figurehead but not its essence. Field Marshal Tantawi is known by junior officers as "Mubarak's poodle". According to Wikileaks cables, he has resolutely "opposed both economic and political reforms that he perceives as eroding central government power" - hardly such stuff as revolutions are made on. There is every possibility that he will simply rebuild the apparatus of autocracy by dispersing superficial powers to a fractured opposition, while restoring the army to its Cold War standing. Some optimists have invoked the "Turkish model" for Egypt, but recall that the Turkish army has toppled four governments since 1960 and still lurks just under the surface of that country's democratic institutions. ...Finally, even if the military hands over power to a broad-based opposition committee and steers through far-reaching reforms, the path to democracy is strewn with traps. ...Demands to increase food subsidies will combine with extended disruption to tourism. If the government cannot pay workers and ensure social welfare, it is likely to be anti-democratic forces that are the beneficiaries of a backlash. Guardian UK warns the Middle East braces for more protest after Mubarak resigns citing Algeria, Lebanon, Gaza and Jordon among other autocratic nations that are already seeing popular protests. Much more coverage below at Democracy Now! below. In other news it seems ThinkProgress has gotten under the skin of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce EXCLUSIVE: US Chamber’s Lobbyists Solicited Hackers To Sabotage Unions, Smear Chamber’s Political Opponents According to e-mails obtained by ThinkProgress, the Chamber hired the lobbying firm Hunton and Williams. Hunton And Williams’ attorney Richard Wyatt, who once represented Food Lion in its infamous lawsuit against ABC News, was hired by the Chamber in October of last year. To assist the Chamber, Wyatt and his associates, John Woods and Bob Quackenboss, solicited a set of private security firms — HBGary Federal, Palantir, and Berico Technologies (collectively called Team Themis) — to develop tactics for damaging progressive groups and labor unions, in particular ThinkProgress, the labor coalition called Change to Win, the SEIU, US Chamber Watch, and StopTheChamber.com. StopTheChamber.com was created by famous Election Protection advocate BRAD FRIEDMAN of BradBlog.com who is also co-founder of VelvetRevolution.us. Friedman responds HERE explaining, "Yes, they do target and name ME and my family, including personal details about us specifically, as part of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's disinformation attack, as ThinkProgress notes in an update tonight: Another target was Brad Friedman, co-founder of The Brad Blog. Barr’s profile of Friedman included information about his life partner and his home address. See TP's most recent article for some of the emails, etc. These are horrible people. Glenn Greenwald, who was also targeted to the Chamber's disinformation smear campaign fired back in his Salon column The leaked campaign to attack WikiLeaks and its supporters: One section of the leaked report focused on attacking WikiLeaks' supporters and it featured a discussion of me. A graph purporting to be an "organizational chart" identified several other targets, including former New York Times reporter Jennifer 8 Lee, Guardian reporter James Ball, and Manning supporter David House. The report claimed I was "critical" to WikiLeaks' public support after its website was removed by Amazon and that "it is this level of support that needs to be disrupted"; absurdly speculated that "without the support of people like Glenn, WikiLeaks would fold"; and darkly suggested that "these are established professionals that have a liberal bent, but ultimately most of them if pushed will choose professional preservation over cause." ... My initial reaction to all of this was to scoff at its absurdity. ...But after learning a lot more over the last couple of days, I now take this more seriously -- not in terms of my involvement but the broader implications this story highlights. For one thing, it turns out that the firms involved here are large, legitimate and serious, and do substantial amounts of work for both the U.S. Government and the nation's largest private corporations (as but one example, see this email from a Stanford computer science student about Palantir). Moreover, these kinds of smear campaigns are far from unusual; in other leaked HB Gary emails, ThinkProgress discovered that similar proposals were prepared for the Chamber of Commerce to attack progressive groups and other activists (including ThinkProgress). And perhaps most disturbing of all, Hunton & Williams was recommended to Bank of America's General Counsel by the Justice Department -- meaning the U.S. Government is aiding Bank of America in its defense against/attacks on WikiLeaks. ...But the real issue highlighted by this episode is just how lawless and unrestrained is the unified axis of government and corporate power. ...That's what this anti-WikiLeaks campaign is generally: it's a concerted, unified effort between government and the most powerful entities in the private sector (Bank of America is the largest bank in the nation). Much more in Greenwald's post - required reading! Also check the link below in the Green News Report for Brad hosting last Thursday's Mike Malloy Show for his live on-air reaction. Of course the Sunday Talking Heads will mention none of this as they are in the "Egypt" What about me?" mode trying to figure out how the Egyptians new-found small "d" democracy will pan out and affect the ever-popular "U.S. Interests in the region" namely the Suez Canal, Israel and OIL. Your best bet for Beltway Bubalas may be on Face the Bob with an all-Egypt guest list of Egyptian Nobel Laureates MOHAMED ELBARADEI & AHMED ZEWAIL plus Egyptian Ambassador to the U.S. SAMEH SHOUKRY (how did JOHN "Crazy Train" MCCAIN get invited?). True to form THIS ANAMPOUT gets Israel Defense Minister EHUD BARAK and a host of "former" this-n-thats and navel gazers plus ARIANNA "AOL" HUFFINGTON offers GEORGE WILL column space on HuffPo. Meet the David looks equally uninspiring with Weeper of the House JOHN "Crybaby" BOEHNER, a bunch of "formers" and DEE DEE MYERS offers her lipstick to DAVID BROOKS. Save your bricks for JOHN "Death Squad" NEGROPONTE on State of the Candy. Can anybody guess who's missing from the Sunday shows? We'll wait. Take your time. TIME'S UP! Yes not ONE rep from the WH Limo gang! The view here is they're all still trying to wipe all that egg off their collective faces for their continuing calls for "stability in the region" not wanting to piss off the Pharoh Mubarak by siding with REAL democratic reforms that the thousands in Tahrir Square demanded and put their lives on the line for. As Noam Chomsky pointed out on DN! last week, "Nevertheless, the conclusion here, and in England and the continent, was it’s all wonderful. The dictators support us. We can disregard the population, because they’re quiet. As long as they’re quiet, who cares? People don’t matter. Actually, there’s an analog of that internal to the United States. And it’s of course the same policy elsewhere in the world. All of that reveals a contempt for democracy and for public opinion which is really profound. And one has to listen with jaws dropping when Obama, in the clip you ran, talks about how, of course, governments depend on the people. Our policy is the exact opposite." Indeed. The Brick TeeVee Crew took in the lowly CAVS 119-126 victory over the LA Clippers in OT to end their dismal record-setting 26-game losing streak (in between excellent LIVE AJE Egypt coverage on FSTV & LINK TV). But the OSU Buckeyes perch atop the rankings is in jeopardy suffering their first loss of the season to #13 Wisconsin. Qualifying for the Daytona 500 is now set for Sunday afternoon at 1 pm et and MLB pitchers and catchers start reporting to Arizona and Florida on Monday Feb. 14. Spring is in the air! Enjoy your week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
The Egyptian Revolution @ Democracy Now! The Egyptian Revolution: A Democracy Now! Special on Mubarak's Resignation February 11, 2011
»»» TWITTER FEED from Sharif Abdel Kouddous senior producer for the radio/TV show Democracy NOW! @ Democracy Now!’s Sharif Kouddous on the Ground in Cairo, Egypt
»»» Sharif Abdel Kouddous @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW “People Are Determined to Stay Until Mubarak Leaves”: Democracy Now!’s Sharif Abdel Kouddous Reports in Cairo on Day 15 of the Egyptian Pro-Democracy Protests February 08, 2011
»»» Ayman Mohyeldin, the Cairo bureau chief for Al Jazeera English @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Detained Al Jazeera Journalist: '[The Military] Viewed So Many of Us as Prisoners of War. Our Hands were Tied Behind Our Back with Cables. Our Eyes were Blindfolded.' February 08, 2011
»»» Robert Fisk @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW “The Great Tragedy is Obama Chose Not to Hold Out His Hand”: Robert Fisk on the Gap Between U.S. Rhetoric and Action in the Egyptian Uprising February 09, 2011
»»» Heba Morayef, Middle East and North Africa researcher at Human Rights Watch @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Human Rights Watch: 300 Deaths, Massive Detentions and Abuse under Mubarak Regime Crackdown February 09, 2011
»»» Joel Beinin, Professor of Middle East history at Stanford University @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Striking Egyptian Workers Fuel the Uprising After 10 Years of Labor Organizing February 10, 2011
»»» Bill Quigley, legal director of the Center for Constitutional Rights @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Bush’s Shrinking World: George W. Bush Cancels Europe Trip as Human Rights Lawyers Threaten Legal Action over Torture RELATED: Human Rights Attorney Bill Quigley on the U.S. Deportation Death Sentence and the Undermining of Meaningful Elections in Haiti February 10, 2011
»»» University of Michigan Professor Juan Cole and Georgetown Professor Samer Shehata @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Post-Mubarak: What Will Egypt Look Like the Day After the Regime Ends? February 11, 2011
»»» Democracy Now!’s Sharif Abdel Kouddous and Anjali Kamat WATCH NOW Live from Cairo: Democracy Now!’s Sharif Abdel Kouddous and Anjali Kamat on Egypt’s “Farewell Friday” February 11, 201
»»» Lisa Hajjar, professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW “Omar Suleiman, the CIA’s Man in Cairo and Egypt’s Torturer-in-Chief” February 11, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Nurses Union, Inspired by Egypt, Hits the Streets
»»» Independent Media Discussion @ GRITtv Katrina vanden Heuvel & Ryan Grim on the State of the Media
»»» Medea Benjamin @ GRITtv Medea Benjamin: Learning from Cairo
»»» Former US Air Force interrogator Matthew Alexander @ GRITtv Matthew Alexander: Interrogators and Accountability
»»» The F Word: @ GRITtv WATCH The F Word: Corruption and Inequality Begin at Home
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY DOUBLEHEADER! Spurs @ Bulls 8 pm et then Mavs @ Suns 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
Support the troops who refuse to fight! See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Army Leaks Hit Piece on Bradley Manning Jane Hamsher at firedoglake
WORLD CAN'T WAIT!March 17-19 Iraq War Protests March 17-19, that’s a Thursday through Saturday, will be protest days in Washington D.C., organized by the ANSWER Coalition, Veterans for Peace, World Can’t Wait, and other groups. Start making your plans now to mark that anniversary, in DC, or wherever you can be visible.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,436 US Military Dead as of Feb 11, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,476 US Military Dead as of Feb 11, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• Exclusive interview with Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak
• Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich
• Former Governor of Minnesota Tim Pawlenty
• ROUNDTABLE: Robert Kagan of the Brookings Institution, Arianna Huffington of The Huffington Post, Egyptian journalist Mona Eltahawy, and ABC News' George Will.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer TOPIC: EGYPT THE WAY FORWARD
• Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)
• Egyptian Nobel Laureate Mohamed ElBaradei
• Egyptian Nobel Laureate and Activist Ahmed Zewail
• Egyptian Ambassador to the U.S. Sameh Shoukry
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• TBD - Our lead story is yet to be determined. (HINT: it might have something to do with Egypt -Ed.)
• THE 33 - Four months after 33 Chilean miners were rescued from a half-mile underground, where they lived in daily fear of death for over two months, psychologists say all but one of them are experiencing serious mental stress. Bob Simon reports. Michael Gavshon and Drew Magratten are the producers
• LADY GAGA - With her outrageous costumes and mega-hit dance songs, Lady Gaga has become the world's most talked about entertainer. Anderson Cooper reports. John Hamlin is the producer
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Exclusive! Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-OH)
• former Ambassador to Israel Martin Indyk
• former Middle East Correspondent Robin Wright
• ROUNDTABLE: The mayor of Atlanta, Kasim Reed (D); freshman member of congress supported by the Tea Party, Rep. Bobby Schilling (R-IL); former Clinton White House press secretary, Dee Dee Myers; columnist for the New York Times, David Brooks; and Time Magazine’s Mark Halperin.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Edward S. Walker, the former U.S. Ambassador to Egypt
• John Negroponte, the former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
• Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• Jacob Lew, the director of the Office of Management and Budget
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine: Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!!! Jon Fox sits in all week for Bob while Bob gets sunburned on the Liberal Voices cruise! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - February 10, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Bush EPA secretly acknowledged climate change; Saudi Arabia's oil reserves --- overstated?; Obama boosts high-speed rail funding, GOP cuts it ... PLUS: The Republican war on the EPA ... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Palm oil giant to halt Indonesia deforestation; Georgia forests worth more than $37 billion annually; Search for wind-related grid problems finds a bigger concern; IBM hunting for lithium-air car battery; Sea lice from salmon farms infect wild salmon; CDC won't study effects of Chinese drywall exposure; Chevron wins restraining order in Ecuador oil pollution case; Fighting for water in CA's arid Imperial Valley; Tribes push OR to adopt strict water pollution rules; Virginia State Water Control Board loses authority over coal mine waste water; NJ Gov. vetoes LNG operation; Stupid Republican budget tricks as insurers get slammed by extreme weather ... PLUS: What Obama should know about ending oil subsidies...
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
• BRAD FRIEDMAN hosts the Mike Malloy Show! Podcast links: FRI 2/4: Stephen Zunes, Eric Boehlert & Skippy the Bush Kangaroo... MON 2/7: Will Bunch, Vince Warren & Marcy Winograd... TUE 2/8: Bob Edgar, Ernie Canning & the Crimes of Clarence Thomas... WED 2/9: 'Awakening the Sleepers' & Comedian John Fugelsang... THU 2/10: Tom Tomorrow, Lisa Hajjar & Attack of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce!... FRI 2/11: Marcy Wheeler, Frank Heindel, Sue Wilson, Egypt & the U.S. Chamber...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 218 Egypt Update Plus Backgrounder with Prof. Juan Cole; Libs and Libertarians Oppose Patriot Act Renewal PBC comments on Mubarak’s refusal to step down; Prof. Juan Cole of Univ of Michigan offers history and context to the uprising in Egypt; Darryl Perry of the Boston Tea Party opposes Patriot Act renewal.
• PBC Podcast 219 Susan Lindauer’s 5-year Patriot Act Nightmare; Will Durst on Reagan’s 100th Susan Lindauer was a US intel asset who asserts she got wind of the impending 9/11 attacks in the summer of 2001, and was jailed under the Patriot Act to keep her quiet. In this detailed interview, Lindauer describes her bizarre 5-year ordeal. Will Durst offers comments on Reagan’s 100th birthday
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! February 11, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire: we’ll be talking with documentary film director Josh Fox about his Oscar-nominated film Gasland, which has angered the natural gas industry so much that they are now lobbying the motion picture academy to withdraw it from the best documentary category.
• Congressman Bruce Braley will tell us how the Democrats in Congress are working to put millions of Americans back to work, in spite of the increasing opposition from the GOP.
• We’ll also be talking with Mike Konczal, a fellow at the Roosevelt Institute, about the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission’s final report, and why the conservatives are doing everything they can to politicize the results.
• And don’t miss Bobby and Sam’s discussion about the “renegade” turkey.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Progressive Media Essential to Democracy Mike Papantonio and radio host Shannyn Moore discuss the importance of progressive media in maintaining an informed, intelligent democratic society.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Lobbyists Already Control New GOP Congressmen The Tea Party helped put several new Republicans in seats of power in the US Congress last year, falsely believing that people like Rand Paul would not follow the status quo, and would not be influenced by lobbyists. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Tea Party was dead wrong, and their darling representatives have been busy hiring lobbyists to actually run their congressional offices. In addition to these lobbyists, we have people like David Koch pulling the strings on these new congressmen from behind the scenes. Mike Papantonio talks about the incestuous relationship between these lobbyists, billionaires, and Republicans with Lee Fang, an investigative journalist with Think Progress.org.
• VIDEO! RFK, Jr.: Oil Industry Trying to Silence “Gasland” Director The new documentary film Gasland has been nominated for an Academy Award, and the oil and gas industries are working around the clock to prevent the film from winning an award. They want to keep the film out of the public eye because it exposes their dirtiest and most deceitful traits to the American public. But all of their lobbying and all of their money won’t keep filmmaker Josh Fox silent, and he joined Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. recently to discuss his Oscar-nominated film.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge cosrporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• Huge sums leaving Egypt? by maxkeiser
• US diplomat convinced by Saudi expert that reserves of world’s biggest oil exporter have been overstated by nearly 40% by maxkeiser As we said in our Al Jazeera English film 3 years ago, Saudi Arabia has been lying BIG TIME about their reserves. A 40% drop would correspond to what we’ve seen in the other two ‘super fields’ in Kuwait and Mexico. The era of cheap oil if finished. We hit Peak Oil (and Peak Credit) in 2007. READ WikiLeaks cables: Saudi Arabia cannot pump enough oil to keep a lid on prices at guardian.co.uk
• As predicted: International Monetary Fund director Dominique Strauss-Kahn calls for new world currency by maxkeiser MK: As I predicted yesterday on the Alex Jones Show, on the role SDR's will play to help engineer this new global currency. READ Dominique Strauss-Kahn, managing director of the International Monetary Fund, has called for a new world currency that would challenge the dominance of the dollar and protect against future financial instability @ telegraph.co.uk
• Swiss freeze Mubarak assets by stacyherbert Stacy Summary: Woah, that was fast. I figured they would have paved the way for him to retire in luxury? I bet you if Mubarak had just handed power over immediately when the US administration told him to, none of his assets would have been seized. (I’m sure justice was so swift this time because of Mubarak’s speech last night in which he promised again to stay on until September . . . only an hour or two after Leon Panetta had briefed the press that Mubarak would be stepping down. Lesson for America’s puppet dictators: Don’t f*%k with the CIA.) READ Swiss freeze Mubarak assets
• Eric Sprott: “Gold is reverting back into a world reserve currency – it’s so clearly visible now.” by maxkeiser READ ZEROHEDGE: Exclusive: Interview With Eric Sprott
• Ayn Rand is why America sucks by maxkeiser MK: The autocrats tearing up the US economy; Obama, Bernanke, Geithner, Dimon and Blankfein (and famously, Alan Greenspan) to name a few, ascribe to Ayn Rand’s theory of 'objectivism'. This is poppycock that has about as much relevance as L. Ron Hubbard. If the the US entrepreneurial class followed this tripe we would have no P2P, Linux, Open Source, iTunes, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Wikipedia, Wikileaks, DemocracyNow.org, NASA, a triumph in WWII, or the NFL (and the Super Bowl). All of which rely on collectivist ararchism, not isolationism. This movie is like, 50 years out of date. It's the philosophy of a weenie waving America from the 50's that liked to invade other countries with fiat money and call it 'soft imperialism' and sell them soft ice cream and soft porn (like Taylor Swift in this movie). Ayn Rand's an asshole and her philosophy defines assholedom in America. Go to businessinsider.com The Atlas Shrugged Trailer Is Out, And IT IS AWESOME
• “Mike Perry, CEO and Chairman of IndyMac Bank, was charged with securities fraud.” by maxkeiser READ FDIC Silenced Whistleblower in IndyMac’s Executives Fraud Charges @ teribuhl.com
• China, the world’s largest producer of wheat, to spend $1 billion in emergency water aid as worst drought in 60 years threatens to send Shoe Throwing Index soaring by stacyherbert Stacy Summary: Again, of course, in terms of climate related disasters and their impact on the economy and on food security, you can choose to believe Lord Monckton, the Koch Bros, Exxon and the Chamber of Commerce; others, however, might want to follow the link and make your own judgment about the integrity of these groups. China announces $1 billion in emergency water aid to ease its worst drought in 60 years. @ guardian.co.uk
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Fiat Food (E119) We interview Sandeep Jaitly of BullionBasis.com
• KEISER REPORT [KR120] Keiser Report – Eco-Eco Disasters! We interview Sandeep Jaitly of BullionBasis.com
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – 05 February 2011 Download mp3 HERE
• ON THE EDGE [OTE94] On the Edge with James Howard Kunstler
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Max Kaiser-World oil markets & their structure-02-04-2011-(Part1) ; Part2; Part3
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Robert Baer February 08, 2011: Robert Baer, former Middle East CIA field officer and author of The Devil We Know: Dealing with the New Iranian Superpower, discusses why the Egyptian uprising is better characterized as a bread riot than a Twitter revolution; how Omar Suleiman abetted the US torture rendition program in Egypt – and not for fact-finding interrogations, but to extract false confessions to justify the Bush administration’s foreign policy; the huge flaws in the 9/11 Commission that make a clear account of facts impossible nearly a decade later; and why Gen. Petraeus is lying when he says measurable progress is being made in Afghanistan.
• Jacob Hornberger February 09, 2011: Jacob Hornberger, founder and president of the Future of Freedom Foundation, discusses how Washington’s mixed messages on Egypt are exposing the US government’s preference for dictatorships over democracies when they suit policy goals; why the US isn’t quite ready to join Chile and other countries willing to look back and examine previous government misdeeds; and why abandoning empire doesn’t presage military defeat and economic ruin.
• Chase Madar February 10, 2011: Chase Madar, member of the National Lawyers Guild, discusses his mock "Opening Statement for the Defense of Bradley Manning, Soldier and Patriot;" Manning’s disillusionment with US "democracy building" in Iraq, that amounted to repressing free speech and rounding up critics of government for detention and torture; a list of his alleged leaks, from the Collateral Murder video to the State Department “Cablegate,” that Americans have the right to know about; the obligation of soldiers to take action against inhumane treatment; the lack of evidence that Manning and Julian Assange have "blood on their hands;" and the long American tradition of patriotic whistleblowers from within the military.
• Eric Margolis February 10, 2011: Eric Margolis, foreign correspondent and author of War at the Top of the World and American Raj, discusses how Egypt is becoming yet another foreign policy humiliation for Obama; the Israeli government’s uncharacteristically sloppy PR on Egypt – rallying to support an unpopular Arab dictator; how the Obama administration is trying to walk a tightrope between acknowledging the human rights abuses in Egypt and ignoring the 40 or so years of US support for those same abuses; and why deposing the Egyptian government, relied on economically by almost everyone in the country, will require a broader revolution or the army’s support.
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Rep. Paul Ryan, (R) Wisconsin / Chairman, House Budget Committee
• Gov. Haley Barbour, (R) Mississippi
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml