Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
WAR ON LABOR AND THE LEFT As we reported last week big players in D.C. have been colluding to attack the so-called "Professional Left" including Bank of America, The Chamber of Commerce along with DoJ-recommended hi-power law firm Hunton & Williams. We have updates! First Anonymous speaks: the inside story of the HBGary hack by Peter Bright ARS Techinca: "Over the last week, I've talked to some of those who participated in the HBGary hack to learn in detail how they penetrated HBGary's defenses and gave the company such a stunning black eye—and what the HBGary example means for the rest of us mere mortals who use the Internet." It's kind of tech-speaky but slog through to the punchline on pg. 3. Next Nate Anderson also from Ars Technica writes for Wired.com Spy Games: Inside the Convoluted Plot to Bring Down WikiLeaks - Profile on Aaron Barr of HBGary Federal. At FireDogLake.com emptywheel digs deeper in The HBGary Scandal: Using Counterterrorism Tactics on Citizen Activism: "In this post, I’ll begin to show the close ties between the tactics HBGary’s Aaron Barr proposed to use against Wikileaks and anti-Chamber activists and those already used in counterterrorism." One of the Chamber campaign's targets Glenn Greenwald has More facts emerge about the leaked smear campaigns with an interview with Sam Seder and also on the Dylan Ratigan show. Also Brad Friedman discusses the smear campaign with Bob Kincaid on Head On with Bob Kincaid Hour 2 of Wednesday's show (mp3). Matt Osborne of CrooksAndLairs chimes in with "Mr. President, the Anonymous Hacktivists Have a Low Orbit Ion Cannon": "To me, the real story on HBGary Federal is the ease with which the security consultancy was hacked and exposed. The company's sinister proposals -- using fake documents to attack enemies of the Chamber of Commerce, outing members of Anonymous, and targeting Glenn Greenwald's career -- seem all the more craven and stark against the incredible incompetence of HBGary executive staff. Peter Bright interviewed members of Anonymous, the hacktivist social network behind WikiLeaks, for Ars Technica..." We urge you to dig into all these detailed stories and pass them along to your lists, etc. Looking back at the run-up to the Iraq Invasion our own intrepid ljm pens "Colin Powell can't understand why the CIA didn't warn him about Curveball's lies. Which part of 'Bush/Cheney wanted to have a war on Iraq no matter what' doesn't he get?" Colin Powell demands answers over Curveball's WMD lies. "Meanwhile, Germany says Curveball could face jail in Germany for his lies and btw, why did Germany pay him 2,500 pounds a month for five years after the lie? Could it have been STFU money?" Curveball could face jail for warmongering, says German MP. Hmmmmmmm. Turning to DEMOCRACY AT HOME John Nichols of The Nation reports LIVE from Madison, Wisconsin: Tens of Thousands Protest Move by Wisconsin's Governor to Destroy Public Sector Unions Signs at Tuesday’s rally — which the AFL-CIO said attracted a crowd of 15,000 and which news outlets broadly reported drew more 10,000 state and local employees and their backers— referred to the governor as “Hosni Walker” and declared: “Protest Like an Egyptian.”Another asked: “If Egypt Can Have Democracy, Why Can’t Wisconsin?” John Nichols is in Madison Wisconsin covering the protests there so go to his blog at The Nation for the latest updates at The Beat. digby tells us why this is happening Cheese and Koch (h/t jen): "AlterNet recently reported the role of Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus and Americans For Prosperity in a vote-caging scheme apparently designed to suppress the votes of African-Americans and college students in Milwaukee." That would be Priebus' Republican National Committee: A Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Koch's Americans for Prosperity? The new RNC chair Reince Priebus, implicated in Americans for Prosperity's voter-caging scandal, carried a lot of water for the Koch-led group in Wisconsin. Now he's rewarded. THEN Ray McGovern went to see the U.S. Secretary of State at George Washington U. in DC for Openness Online: Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton speaks at GW about the importance of international Internet freedom. As Hillary Talks About Tolerating Free Expression, Police in Front of Her Brutalize Ray McGovern for Turning His Back As Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave her speech at George Washington University yesterday condemning governments that arrest protestors and do not allow free expression, 71-year-old Ray McGovern was grabbed from the audience in plain view of her by police and an unidentified official in plain clothes, brutalized and left bleeding in jail. She never paused speaking. When Secretary Clinton began her speech, Mr. McGovern remained standing silently in the audience and turned his back. Mr. McGovern, a veteran Army officer who also worked as a C.I.A. analyst for 27 years, was wearing a Veterans for Peace t-shirt. Blind-sided by security officers who pounced upon him, Mr. McGovern remarked, as he was hauled out the door, "So this is America?" Mr. McGovern is covered with bruises, lacerations and contusions inflicted in the assault. Mr. McGovern is being represented by the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF). "It is the ultimate definition of lip service that Secretary of State Clinton would be trumpeting the U.S. government's supposed concerns for free speech rights and this man would be simultaneously brutalized and arrested for engaging in a peaceful act of dissent at her speech," stated attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard of the PCJF. SHE NEVER PAUSED SPEAKING.* MORE PROTESTS are still happening in the Middle East, too! IRAQ Police Fire on Protesters in Iraq @ nyt; IRAN Iran opposition protests, agency reports shooting @ reuters; Protests continue in Yemen, Algeria and Morocco as strikes banned in Egypt @ independent.co.uk; Bahrain protesters reoccupy square, while Libya protests continue @ csmonitor.com. Of course the Sunday Talkies will maintain the Beltway Village Mentality of all this starting with SoS HILLARY CLINTON on This Anampout, fresh off her talk on Free Speech where Ray McGovern was brutalized right in front of her. Meet the David matches DICK DURBIN and LINDSAY GRAHAM while Face the Bob gets PAUL RYAN and CHRIS VAN HOLEN and State of the Candy pits DICK LUGAR against CHUCK SCHUMER. Throw bricks at DONALD "Known Unknowns" RUMSFELD! Then FAKE SNOOZE gets embattled tea-bagger GUV SCOTT "Hosni" WALKER while 60 Minutes' Bob Simon reports from Tunisia, the first regime to topple. The Brick TeeVee Crew has been on a media blackout of its own as its DISH-TV receiver gave up the ghost and cannot lock in any satellites. A new one is "on the way" maybe by Tuesday so we've made arrangements to watch the The Great American Race "off the reservation" if you know what I mean heh heh. We still have ONE receiver that works okay so we'll get to see the 60 Minutes piece and the NBA "we don't play defense" All-Star Game later in the evening. Please see below in our BTV Alerts and regular features for more fantastic news stories, especially DARH JAMAIL at The Horn and JASON LEOPOLD on PBC. Tell your friends about BTV and have a great week!
*This reminds me of the time someone tried to speak while John Kerry was giving a lecture. The Brown Shirts came in and TAZED the guy right there in the auditorium and Kerry just sat there. WATCH "Don't TAZE me bro!" “Whatever happened, the police had a reason, had made their decision that there was something they needed to do. Then it's a law enforcement issue, not mine,” John Kerry told The Associated Press in Washington. CBS GAINESVILLE, Fla., Sept. 18, 2007
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
Amy Goodman on AJE's "Empire" @ Democracy Now! WATCH: Amy Goodman on Al Jazeera English EMPIRE: Social Networks, Social Revolution February 17, 2011 - Amy Goodman, the host and executive producer of Democracy Now! joins Marwan Bishara to discuss these issues along with Carl Bernstein, a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative journalist; Professor Emily Bell, the director of digital journalism at Columbia University; Evgeny Morozov, the author of The Net Delusion: The Dark Side of Internet Freedom; NYU Professor Clay Shirky, the author of Cognitive Surplus: Creativity and Generosity in a Connected Age.
»»» Independent journalist Brandon Jourdan & Catherine Crump, a staff attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union WATCH NOW DN! EXCLUSIVE: Authorities Search and Copy U.S. Journalist’s Notes, Computer and Cameras After Returning from Haiti February 15, 2011
»»» John Nichols, Washington correspondent for The Nation magazine @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Obama’s $3.7 Trillion Budget Calls for Military Spending Increases and Deep Cuts to Social Service Programs February 15, 2011
»»» Human Rights Watch researcher Faraz Sanei @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW As Mideast "Rolling Revolution" Grows, U.S. Denounces Iranian Crackdown — But Stays Silent on Key Ally Bahrain February 16, 2011
»»» Cecile Richards, president of the Planned Parenthood Federation of Americak @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "A War on Women": DN! Exclusive with Planned Parenthood’s Cecile Richards on GOP Bills Targeting Abortion and Reproductive Rights February 16, 2011
»»» Algerian blogger and activist Elias Filali @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "The Regime is Running Scared:" Algerian Forces Crack Down on Pro-Democracy Protests February 16, 2011
»»» Noam Chomsky and Al Jazeera’s Marwan Bishara @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW “The Genie Is Out of the Bottle”: Assessing a Changing Arab World with Noam Chomsky and Al Jazeera’s Marwan Bishara February 17, 2011
»»» Noam Chomsky @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW “Democracy Uprising” in the U.S.A.?: Noam Chomsky on Wisconsin’s Resistance to Assault on Public Sector, the Obama-Sanctioned Crackdown on Activists, and the Distorted Legacy of Ronald Reagan February 17, 2011
»»» Senior Producer Sharif Abdel Kouddous from Cairo @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "A Celebration, Not a Protest": Massive Crowd Packs Cairo’s Tahrir Square to Mark One Week Since Mubarak’s Ouster February 18, 2011
»»» Wisconsin Protests @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Uprising in Wisconsin: Tens of Thousands Protest Anti-Union Bill, as Wisconsin Lawmakers Leave State to Stall Vote February 18, 2011 - We speak to John Nichols of The Nation magazine, Madison teacher Susan Stern, and Wisconsin Democratic State Senator Chris Larson.
»»» Ray McGovern @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Ex-CIA Analyst Ray McGovern Beaten, Arrested for Silent Protest at Clinton Speech February 18, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH James Baldwin, Queen of the Sun, and Alice Mizrachi
»»» Lynn Paltrown @ GRITtv Lynn Paltrow: Attacking Abortion Rights is Redefining Personhood
»»» Ellen Bravo & Ev Liebman @ GRITtv Ellen Bravo & Ev Liebman: Protests for Workers Spreading
»»» Protests in Wisconsin @ GRITtv Fighting Union-Busting in Wisconsin
»»» Protests in Wisconsin and Obama's Budget @ GRITtv Dean Baker, Laila El-Haddad & Remi Kanazi, Wisconsin, and the Budget
»»» The F Word: @ GRITtv WATCH The F Word: The Culture War On Jobs
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on FOX Daytona 500! The 53rd running of The Great American Race! coverage begins @ 1 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT NBA All-Star Game 8 pm
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
Support the troops who refuse to fight! See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Army Leaks Hit Piece on Bradley Manning Jane Hamsher at firedoglake
FORA.tv Series: WikiLeaks: Security Threat or Media Savior? WikiLeaks: Why It Matters. Why It Doesn't? Debate at the Churchill Club - With Daniel Elsberg, Clay Shirky, Neville Roy Singham, Peter Thiel, Jonathan Zittrain and Moderated by Paul Jay, CEO and Senior Editor, The Real News Network
WORLD CAN'T WAIT!March 17-19 Iraq War Protests March 17-19, that’s a Thursday through Saturday, will be protest days in Washington D.C., organized by the ANSWER Coalition, Veterans for Peace, World Can’t Wait, and other groups. Start making your plans now to mark that anniversary, in DC, or wherever you can be visible.
BRAD FRIEDMAN & VELVET REVOLUTION!Investigate Chamber Of Commerce Spying On Reporters And NGOs I call on Congress and the Department of Justice to investigate the Chamber of Commerce law firm, Hunton & Williams, for conspiring with three private security firms to create a multimillion dollar intelligence operation to destroy www.StopTheChamber.com, Velvet Revolution and it staff, including journalist Brad Friedman, along with SEIU, reporter Glenn Greenwald, Change to Win and ChamberWatch. This planned attack included planting false documents, creating disinformation, spying on the group's operation, cyberstalking, and defamation. It is unconstitutional and undemocratic for firms acting on behalf of the Chamber of Commerce to engage in domestic spying with the intent to destroy reporters and non profit organizations. Congress should hold hearings to get to the bottom of this, and the Department of Justice should prosecute all those involved. Sign petition now!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,438 US Military Dead as of Feb 18, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,476 US Military Dead as of Feb 18, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Exclusive interview with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
• report from Wisconsin
• ROUNDTABLE: TBA
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., Chairman of the House Budget Committee
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., House Budget Committee, Ranking Democrat
• David Sanger, New York Times Chief Washington Correspondent
• CBS News correspondents in the Middle East
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE SPARK - Bob Simon reports from Tunisia, where protests against the repressive government not only toppled its autocratic ruler, but sparked the uprising in Egypt that forced President Hosni Mubarak to resign. Draggan Mihailovich and Nathalie Sommer are the producers.
• SCOTT BROWN: AGAINST ALL ODDS - The Massachusetts senator describes his traumatic childhood, including revelations of sexual and physical abuse. Lesley Stahl reports. Karen Sughrue is the producer
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Assistant Majority Leader Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• member of the Senate Budget Committee, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC).
• ROUNDTABLE: Former governor of Michigan, Jennifer Granholm (D); former congressman from Tennessee, Harold Ford (D); Republican strategist, Ed Gillespie; and CNBC's Rick Santelli.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• senior senator from New York, Chuck Schumer
• Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Indiana Sen. Dick Lugar
• Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.
• two former commanders-in-chief
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• PROGRAM ALERT - MONDAY LIVE RICK JAMES FROM MADISON WISCONSIN! Go to the Head On Radio Network for Monday's show at 6 pm et and Rick James LIVE from MADISON WISCONSIN at 9 pm et !
• DAHR JAMAIL at the University of West Virginia Go to USTREAM for An Evening with Dahr Jamail Video! Broadcast LIVE on The Horn Thursday February 17, 2011. Dahr Jamail has reported extensively on the BP Deepwater Horizon oil rig catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico and discusses his latest findings and how the same lax government oversight and corporate culture releates to mountaintop removal.
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!!! Bob recaps the week and opens the phones! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - February 17, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Heavier storms now definitely linked to climate change... But one MT legislator says "Bring it on"; Score one for the whales; PLUS: Oil subsidies, shmoil-shmubsidies --- Republicans vs. Obama's budget and Big Bird vs. Big Oil ... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Rising seas forecast to flood US coasts by 2100; Public trusts EPA, tells Congress butt out; Study: Trillions in investment at risk from climate change; Coal's hidden costs: $345 Billion; Oil cos. unveil spill containment system; Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals; UN sounds alarm on ocean pollution; Screwdriver blamed for nuclear plant shutdown; UK's Cameron abandons forest sell-off plan; Apple admits child labor, poisoned factory workers; 3 states challenge feds on nuclear waste; Teen makes homemade solar death ray ... PLUS: 2/3rds of permafrost gone by 2200: study ..
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
• BRADBLOG CHAMBER UPDATE: U.S. Chamber Plot Update: Malware, Fake Personas, Government Contracts, Public Shame, Bar Complaints, Media Failures and Other News Latest developments in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce scheme to illicitly target me and my family, as well as other progressive citizens, journalists and organizations...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 220 Chamber of Commerce Goons Plot Cyberwar with Chamber’s Critics! Brad Friedman of Bradblog.com and Kevin Zeese from StoptheChamber.com detail the newly exposed plan to disrupt and discredit critics of the US Chamber of Commerce. Please share this widely, and push the corporate media to cover this episode properly!
• PBC Podcast 221 Jason Leopold’s Exclusive Interview with Ex-Gitmo Prisoner David Hicks; Will Durst on Obama’s Budget Battle Jason Leopold of Truthout.org talks about his interviews with Australian David Hicks, who was inmate 002 at Guantanamo, and the impact of his story on Leopold; Please note clarifications below; Will Durst rants about Obama’s budget battle
• PBC Podcast 222 Boiling Frogs: Nick Merrill, Another Innocent Victim of the Patriot Act Nick Merrill describes his 6-year ordeal after receiving an FBI National Security Letter, enabled by the Patriot Act. As co-host Sibel Edmonds points out, only 5 people have brought legal challenges to more than 250,000 NSL’s since 9/11...
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! February 18, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: we’ll be taking a closer look at the US Chamber of Commerce’s crusade to discredit and destroy liberal activists – investigative journalist Lee Fang will tell us how the Chamber is carrying out this mission.
• Author Mark Schmitt will be joining us to talk about why the Democrats are so torn over what to do about the South – with no hope of winning big victories in Dixie, there really aren’t many options.
• Political satirist Matt Filipowicz will be here to tell us about the Tea Party-backed laws that states all over America are putting into effect – laws that do everything from mandating gun ownership to forcing teachers to question evolution in their classrooms.
• And we’ll be discussing the dangers of the birth control blockbuster drug Yaz with attorney Ned McWilliams.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The Chamber of Commerce is Spying on YOU Recently, president Obama met with the US Chamber of Commerce to talk about the best way to create jobs in America. He told them that it was their patriotic duty to spend the trillions of dollars of cash reserves that they’re sitting on and create jobs. In the same breath, he told them that it was his duty to make sure that the government did everything possible to make businesses more comfortable and ensure that they have the perfect climate to rebuild our economy. And the whole time that Obama was trying to become best friends with the Chamber-types, they were carrying out a secret campaign to infiltrate, discredit, and destroy liberal activist groups. Mike Papantonio discusses the Chamber’s secret plot against progressives with Lee Fang, an investigative journalist with Think Progress who helped break the story on the Chamber.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Big Pharma’s Lies Caused Yaz Birth Control Deaths When politicians get caught blatantly lying to the American public, it will usually destroy their image, possibly even their career. But when corporations do the same thing, the public doesn’t seem to care at all. This is the case with Bayer Pharmaceuticals who have lied to the American public about the dangers of their blockbuster birth control pill Yaz, which has caused all sorts of serious problems for consumers, including several deaths. Not only did Bayer mislead the public about these dangers, but they failed to do the necessary testing to make sure these drugs wouldn’t harm their customers. Mike Papantonio discusses Yaz with Ned McWilliams, one of the attorneys who is working to hold Bayer accountable for their negligence
• VIDEO! Papantonio: What Wisconsin learned from Egypt… PROTEST!!! In Wisconsin this week, Republican hack politicians in the same class as Chris Christie, Nikki Haley and Haley Barbour are under siege by crowds of union workers who learned something from Cairo. They learned that you don’t just cave because the Republican party and their Republican governor along with virtually every Republican politician in America wants to destroy American unions.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge cosrporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• “Mike Perry, CEO and Chairman of IndyMac Bank, was charged with securities fraud.” by maxkeiser READ FDIC Silenced Whistleblower in IndyMac’s Executives Fraud Charges @ teribuhl.com
• While unionists and loborers revolt, let’s keep in mind . . . by maxkeiser READ Barry Ritholtz: Who Are the Biggest Corporate Welfare Queens? by maxkeiser
• VIDEO! Making Fortune on Poverty: JP Morgan’s Big Food Stamp Business by maxkeiser
• How long before the American taxpayer (and Jim Puplava) has to repeat the AIG experience, and bail out JP Morgan over its billions in silver shorts. by maxkeiser READ Houston, This Is Blythe, I Have A Problem @ zerohedge
• Egypt says Iranian warships can use Suez; Libyan protesters take control; and will Obama’s budget bring the global class war to America? by stacyherbert Stacy Summary: The empire is in total meltdown. And the ‘class’ war is between the oligarch and the plundered. READ Al-arabiya: Source says Egypt grants permission to Iranian warships to pass through Suez Canal (I wonder if their ‘source’ is ‘Curveball?’) AND Libyan protesters take control; unrest spreads to Djibouti and Senegal (there are reports that two policemen were hung by protesters – don’t know if the reports also come from ‘Curveball’) AND Paul Craig Roberts: Obama’s 2012 budget is a tool for class war
• Cairo to Ohio – it’s the same revolt, with the same root causes, by the same people who’ve been fucked by the same banks. Remarkably, most in the USA still don’t understand that we are now in a full blown global insurrection against banker occupation by maxkeiser READ Wisconsin protests: why ‘week of rage’ matters to rest of America at CSM
• Global Currency Coming . . . And Gold’s a part of it by maxkeiser MK: The new world currency will be backed in part by Gold . . . If the new world currency is backed by even 10% Gold that’s an easy $3,000 for Gold. The experiment of 1971, a world of free floating currencies, has failed. We’re going back to some form of pre-1971 model. The G20 wants to ‘recapitalize’ the global economy with a new 100 tr. credit facility. It’ll be based on growing and rebranding SDR’s. And this new global currency, administered by a global central bank will be backed, in part, by Gold. $3,000 assumes ultra-smooth cooperation amongst all interested parties. Since there is no one country in a similar position to where U.S. was in 1945 and that the process will be rocky with very little trust amongst the primary participants. A higher Gold ratio in the new SDR will no doubt be the solution. So yea, now we’re talking about something closer to $10,000 on Gold as the ‘reality adjusted’ target. READ World Bank’s Zoellick Calls For Overhaul Of Monetary System, Says Yuan Should Get Pro minent Role @ zerohedge
• From Cairo to Ohio . . and Madison, Wisconsin. The GIABO in America, day 5 by maxkeiser READ Wisconsin Protests Continue Saturday, Huge Rally Expected @ HuffPo
• KEISER REPORT [KR121] Keiser Report – Agnotology & the Shoe Throwing Index! We interview Barry Ritholtz.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Welcome to Fakeville (E122) TO MAX’S POINT – SINCE CONDUCTING THIS INTERVIEW – IT WAS REVEALED THAT SAUDI ARABIA HAS OVERSTATED OIL RESERVES BY 40% Wikileaks cable reports that Saudi Arabia has 40% less oil than believed Share this:
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – 12 February 2011 Download mp3 HERE
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – 19 February 2011 Download mp3 HERE
• ON THE EDGE [OTE96] On the Edge with Catherine Austin Fitts Max interviews Catherine Austin Fitts. They talk revolution, Ben Bernanke and the US dollar being a unit of war.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE97] On the Edge with Michael Krieger
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Ray McGovern February 17, 2011: Ray McGovern, member of Veterans For Peace and former senior analyst at the CIA, discusses his brief, nonviolent protest during Hillary Clinton’s GWU speech about US support for protesters and free speech in Egypt and Iran; McGovern’s violent removal and arrest by uniformed and plainclothes security that left him bruised and bloodied; and how Clinton didn’t even pause during the disruption to contemplate the incredible hypocrisy of her smug lecture to those awful undemocratic Mideast governments.
• Gareth Porter February 18, 2011: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses the importance of National Intelligence Estimates in determining US foreign policy and war-making abilities; how the Afghanistan NIE allows the military to measure their own success, leaving out a CIA assessment of the supposedly diminishing numbers of Taliban; debunking the military’s “taking the fight to the enemy” explanation for increased attacks; Gen. McChrystal’s well-reasoned “insurgent math;” and why Gen. Petraeus is more concerned with his public image than any particular military strategy, including COIN.
• Adam Morrow February 18, 2011: Adam Morrow, journalist with IPS News, discusses Egypt’s incredible, broad-based, non-”ism” (except nationalism), peaceful revolution; the endurance of Egypt’s decades-long Emergency Law and the many remaining Mubarak-appointed government ministers; the unheeded demands of protesters to release all political prisoners; the lack of women or Coptic Christians on the panel convened to revise the constitution; and how the protests exposed the true loyalties of Egypt’s supposed “opposition” parties. This interview is excerpted from the KPFK 90.7 FM Los Angeles broadcast of February 18th. The original is available HERE (mp3)
• Joe Lauria February 18, 2011: Independent investigative journalist Joe Lauria discusses – live from Cairo – the throng of Egyptians re-filling Tahrir Square in celebration of Hosni Mubarak’s resignation; how Egypt’s constitutional reforms could be an early source of division among the protesters; the duplicitous post-WWII US foreign policy of supporting dictators while talking about “exporting democracy;” how Egypt’s broad-based and peaceful revolution undermines the terrorism and religious extremism of al-Qaeda; and how the protests in Bahrain put the Obama administration in a bind: whether to support a brutal monarchy or give up a crucial naval base.
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Gov. Scott Walker, (R) Wisconsin
• Sen. Tom Coburn, (R) Oklahoma
• Sen. Claire McCaskill, (D) Missouri
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml