Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Post-election Madness! We begin with this INTERNET FREEDOM ALERT from The Common Dreams staff: 'Stop the Net Grab' Opposes UN Control of Internet Trade unions, Greenpeace and communications corporations including Google on Monday launched a campaign to stop a proposal before the United Nations that would give the UN control of the internet. "Stop the Net Grab" opposes the plan by some telecommunications companies and countries including China and Saudi Arabia. If approved, it would allow the UN's International Telecommunications Union to charge users for services such as email and restrict access to the internet and monitor activity online. The International Trades Union Conference, representing 6.2 million union members in Britain, wrote that the proposal could "restrict political freedoms and harm civil society." Such changes would hit users from developing countries particularly hard, according to the ITUC. "Unless we act now, our right to freely communicate and share information could change forever," ITUC general secretary Sharan Burrow told Australia's News Limited Network (ANLN). The ITUC represents 6.2 million union members in Britain. If the plan is accepted, according to ANLN, "the changes would allow government restriction or blocking of information disseminated via the internet and create a global regime of monitoring internet communications—including the demand that those who send and receive information identify themselves." It would also allow governments to shut down the internet "if there is the belief that it may interfere in the internal affairs of other states or that information of a sensitive nature should be shared." Chris Disspain, CEO of auDA, told ITWire that the effort is a combination of the ITU warning more power and "for some countries it is about a belief that they can control things more easily if they go through the UN." Greenpeace and the ITUC wrote to UN secretary general Ban Ki Moon to "express their "deep concern about a potentially very damaging change to the governance of the Internet," ITWire reports..... Scary stuff! These people are relentless so we must be too! Get on board and sign the "Stop the Net Grab" petition NOW! Tell everybody! Meanwhile the lame duck GOPher-controlled Ohio Legislature continue their own War On Women. Laura Bassett at HuffPoAOL tells us Ohio Committee Votes To Defund Planned Parenthood The 2012 elections may be over, but legislative attacks on Planned Parenthood are still underway. The Health Committee of the Ohio House of Representatives advanced a bill on Wednesday that could strip $1.7 million in federal funding from Planned Parenthood. All 11 Republicans on the committee voted in favor of the bill, and all nine Democrats opposed. House Bill 298 would create a priority list for federal family planning funds and place Planned Parenthood at the bottom. The bill's supporters argued at a hearing on Wednesday that its purpose is to improve health care in rural areas. Opponents argued that it is an ideologically-driven attack on Planned Parenthood and the patients it serves. "What I've seen in this committee is a complete disregard for women," state Rep. Bob Hagan (D-Youngstown) said at the hearing. He added that in his district, "Planned Parenthood is the health care provider. There are no doctors." .... Several physicians testified against the bill on Wednesday, along with a woman named Emily Shaw, who said that Planned Parenthood cared for her after she was raped at the age of 13. "It is shocking to me—shocking, and so disappointing—that we’re even here to fight this bill today," Stephanie Kight, President and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Ohio, said in a statement before the hearing. "Politicians who want to end funding for Planned Parenthood don’t seem to know what it is we do every day. They don’t know—or they just don’t care.".... We're not all troglodytes in Ohio though. Action News 19 reports Congresswoman Fudge to chair the Congressional Black Caucus The new chair of the Congressional Black Caucus is Congresswoman Marcia L. Fudge (OH-11). Members of the CBC elected Fudge to serve. "I am humbled by the vote of confidence of my colleagues who have selected me to serve as the Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus during the 113th Congress. Leadership of the CBC will be shared among all officers elected and I will continue to work hard and serve with dedication, the people who sent me to Congress," said Congresswoman Fudge in a statement released Wednesday.... MORE FUDGE! In this AP/Philly.com story Dozen House women defend Rice over Libya comments "All of the things they have disliked about things that have gone on in the administration, they have never called a male unqualified, not bright, not trustworthy," said Rep. Marcia Fudge, D-Ohio, the next chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus. "There is a clear sexism and racism that goes with these comments being made by unfortunately Sen. McCain and others." .... The Democratic women demanded that McCain and Graham retract their criticism."It is a shame that anytime something goes wrong, they pick on women and minorities," Fudge said. Marcia Fudge was referring to comments made by John "Crazy Train" McCain who Skipped A Briefing On Benghazi To Hold A Press Conference reports Igor Volsky at ThinkProgress Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) is demanding a special select committee to investigate the events leading up to the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi, Libya and has held around-the-clock television appearances pressing for a complete review of the incident. But all of the senator’s media interviews and press availabilities may be interfering with his ability to gather information about the event. On Thursday morning, CNN’s Dana Bash reported that McCain chose to hold a joint press conference with Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) rather than attend a closed-door briefing about the attacks:
- I have to tell you something that just happened on Capitol Hill, and that is our senate producer Ted Barrett just ran into John McCain and asked about something that we’re hearing from Democrats, which is John McCain is calling for more information to Congress, but he had a press conference yesterday instead of going to a closed briefing where administration officials were giving more information. Well, Ted Barrett asked John McCain about that, and it was apparently an intense very angry exchange and McCain simply would not comment on it at all.
- 11/13/12 Pepe Escobar Asia Times journalist Pepe Escobar discusses Israel’s opportunistic aggression in Gaza while the news cycle is fully occupied with other things; the Arab Spring counterrevolutions led by Persian Gulf monarchies; how the US could be weaned from Middle East oil (and politics) within ten years; and the ongoing developments in the Benghazi/CIA/Petraeus scandals.
- 11/14/12 Pepe Escobar Asia Times journalist Pepe Escobar discusses the credentials of Sheikh Ahmed Moaz al-Khatib, the newly elected Syrian opposition leader; how non-vetted videos and news sources drive the mainsteam media’s coverage of Syria; talk of a Western-imposed no-fly zone and more weapons for Syria’s rebels; Kurdish autonomy movements that transcend national borders; and why a partial rebel victory/secession in Syria is really no victory at all.
- PORTUGAL: Portugal General Strike: This is What Austerity Looks Like grtv.org
- ITALY: Italys Anti-Austerity Protests Erupt Into Violence, Austerity Protests And Strikes Spread Across Europe beforeitsnews.com
- GREECE:Greeks to hold more anti-austerity protests presstv.ir
- SPAIN: General strikes hit Spain, Portugal bigpond.com
- Juan Cole Juan Cole: Real Petraeus Failure Was Counterinsurgency in Iraq, Afghanistan
- Aaron Glantz, a reporter for the Bay Citizen Exposé: Veterans Administration Battles Backlog of Claims for Wounded Soldiers
- Stephen Xenakis, founder and president of the Center for Translational Medicine "War is Messy": Military Adviser Calls for More Assistance to Veterans Adjusting to Combat Wounds
- Lark Turner, a reporter writing about the BBC scandal involving Jimmy Savile for the New York Times, Tim Gopsill, editor of the Free Press magazine in London & Donald Findlater, sexual abuse spokesperson for the Lucy Faithfull Foundation and director of Stop It Now! U.K. BBC Scandal Exposes Cover-Up of Host Jimmy Savile’s Pedophilia, Fueling Public Broadcaster’s Foes
- Alex Gibney, Oscar-winning documentary filmmaker "Mea Maxima Culpa": New Doc Exposes Horror of Catholic Child Sex Abuser and Heroism of His Victims
- Sarah Anderson, director of the Global Economy project at the Institute for Policy Studies As Talks Begin on "Fiscal Cliff," Report Warns "Fix the Debt" a Front for More Corporate Bailouts
- Maria Carrion, an independent freelance journalist based in Madrid & former Democracy Now! producer General Strike Sweeps Europe as Millions Reject Austerity as Solution to Economic Crisis
- Glenn Greenwald Glenn Greenwald: While Petraeus Had Affair with Biographer, Corporate Media Had Affair with Petraeus AND Glenn Greenwald: Starting with Fiscal Cliff, Obama’s 2nd Term Rests on Organizing, Not Cheerleading PLUS As Bradley Manning Offers Guilty Plea, Admin Wins Dismissal of Torture Suit Against Donald Rumsfeld
- Noam Chomsky: "It's an open air prison."Noam Chomsky on Gaza, and the 2 Positives of Election 2012: The Worst Didn’t Happen — and It’s Over
- Mohammed Omer, Palestinian journalist, reporting from Gaza Breaking Truce, Israeli Strikes Kill "Moderate" Hamas Military Chief, Palestinian Civilians in Gaza
- Pamela Brown, Ph.D. student in sociology at the New School and one of the organizers of Strike Debt, which recently launched Rolling Jubilee Rolling Jubilee: Buying Up Distressed Debt, Occupy Offshoot Bails Out the People, Not the Banks
- Naomi Klein Naomi Klein: Sandy’s Devastation Opens Space for Action on Climate Change and Progressive Reform
- Photographer James Balog "Chasing Ice": New Film Captures Melting of the Planet Through the Lens of Photographer James Balog
- Mohammed Omer, Palestinian journalist based in Gaza & Gershon Baskin, founder of the Israel/Palestine Center for Research and Information "Nowhere to Run": Israel Fires Over 500 Strikes in Gaza, Civilian Toll Grows in Humanitarian Crisis AND Israeli Negotiator: Hamas Commander Was Assassinated Hours After Receiving Truce Deal from Israel
- Oliver Stone & Peter Kuznic Oliver Stone on the Untold U.S. History from the Atomic Age to Vietnam to Obama’s Drone Wars
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.
• House Homeland Security Committee Chair Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y.
Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich.
• ROUNDTABLE: House Democratic Caucus Vice Chairman Xavier Becerra, D-Calif., former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, and ABC News' George Will, Donna Brazile and Jonathan Karl.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-ME)
• Assistant Majority Leader Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• ROUNDTABLE: Tom Ricks, author of "The Generals," David Ignatius of the Washington Post, and CBS News' Margaret Brennan and Bob Orr
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Super Cartel - 60 Minutes follows Immigration and Customs Enforcement on a three-year investigation and bust of the largest drug trafficking cartel the law has ever seen. Lara Logan reports from Colombia. Howard L. Rosenberg is the producer.
• The Baby Lab - Studies at Yale are finding that infants as young as a few months old seem to know right from wrong, suggesting that morality may come built in. Lesley Stahl reports. Shari Finkelstein is the producer.
• The College Game - Large-scale football programs have become critical tools in a race to raise revenues, bolster images and ultimately, win championships that will attract more students and better players to universities. Armen Keteyian reports. Draggan Mihailovich is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Chair of the Senate's Select Committee on Intelligence, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
• Chair of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI)
• Chuck Todd unveils the final NBC News/WSJ Poll before the election
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Raul Labrador (R-ID); NY Times columnist Tom Friedman; fmr. White House Chief of Staff for President Clinton, John Podesta; GOP strategist Mike Murphy; and NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs correspondent Andrea Mitchell.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Ranking Democrat Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD)
• Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO).
• Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• Chairman of the House Republican Policy Committee Rep. Tom Price (R-GA)
• ROUNDTABLE: Jackie Calmes of The New York Times, Gerald Seib of The Wall Street Journal and CNN Pentagon Correspondent Barbara Starr.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!! UberPope/Rabbi/Imam Bob let the religious right have it! Listen HERE NOW! Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - November 15, 2012 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Some justice in the Gulf: Record fines for BP in Gulf Oil Spill disaster; October 2012 the 2nd hottest on record; CA launches landmark cap-and-trade system; PLUS: The Superstorm Sandy Effect: Obama says it's time to tackle climate change --- sort of ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Refineries ran while 'offline,' yet gas prices rose; British government files charges against nuclear waste plant owners; Scientists show changing wind patterns are key driver of Antarctica's growing sea ice; EU climate head wants Obama to pull his weight in global warming talks... PLUS: Energy Independence: In Germany, everyone can be an energy producer ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'What Public Airwaves?': Fighting the Death of Portland's Clear Channel-owned Progressive KPOJ and Seattle's CBS-Owned Progressive KPTK There is no 'free-market' competition in Talk Radio...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Florida Court Denies Allen West's Motion for Broader Partial Re-Tally of Ballots in FL-18 Race GOP Congressman likely to contest results after final certification
ALSO: Brad discusses long-time failure of the electronic tabulation systems used in the West/Murphy race on Thom Hartmann's TV show...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! Brad Guest Hosts 'Malloy Show' This Week! We'll be guest-hosting Mike's nationally-syndicated radio show again Monday - Wednesday Thanksgiving week! Tune in LIVE right here each night! Details and guests soon!... 6-9p PT/9p-Mid ET | Live chat room here during the show!
Call-in#: 877-520-1150 | More details soon...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast November 15, 2012 Journalist Robert Parry Shares the Truth About David Petraeus–Scandals Ignored by Corporate Media; Prof. Randall Wray on the Risks of a ‘Grand Bargain’ and Cuts to Medicare, Social Security
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This week on Ring of Fire November 16, 2012
• Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will be joining us to talk about the goals of the incoming Senate – a Senate that now has a very strong Democratic majority.
• Author and economics professor William Black will tell us how Wall Street banks are hoping to make President Obama turn his back on the people who re-elected him this year.
• Gaius Publius from America Blog will be here to tell us about the Civil War that is currently taking place within the GOP.
• And Bart Mihailovich, the director of the Spokane Riverkeeper will join us to talk about the lingering health problems that are being caused across the country as a result of exposure to toxic chemicals called PCBs.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473)or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Corporate Media Trying To Kill Progressive Radio (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz discuss the ongoing assault on progressive talk radio, which has resulted in the loss of a major progressive radio station in Portland.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: President Obama – Get Tough Against GOP Obstruction (VIDEO)
Papantonio: President Obama – Get Tough Against GOP Obstruction (VIDEO) Last week, Progressives across the country were put into positions of power in Washington, sending a message to conservatives that their reign of terror was over. Mike Papantonio spoke with Katrina Vanden Heuvel, editor and part owner of The Nation Magazine, about what Obama can do with his progressive surge to overcome the obstruction of the right wing.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• November 12 No Show Today
• November 13 Michael Hastings on the Political Fallout of the General Petraeus Scandal
• November 14 David Graeber: Occupy Debt
• November 15, 2012 There Is No Fiscal Cliff!
• November 16, 2012 Cliff Schecter Wraps Up the News & Marc Maron With Movies
• MORE Podcast Interviews at Majority.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The official Facebook pages for Max Keiser & Keiser Report STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. Max Keiser & Keiser Report PLUS Stacey Herbert
• Will speedy new chips and smaller margins spell doom for the currency’s core users? by maxkeiser - Bitcoin has been described as cash for the internet, but gold is a more appropriate analogy. Anyone can “mine” Bitcoins on their own computers by running a program that’s designed to produce a 64-digit number in a resource-intensive way. This program randomly computes a cryptographic “hash” over and over until the result is below the number the network is looking for. The network rewards the first miner to get the right answer with 50 Bitcoins and then the process starts again. Only 21 million will be created in total, mimicking the scarcity of a precious metal. The race to mine them has attracted a rush of digital ‘49ers. There are many, likely thousands, like O’Shea. READ Miner problem: big changes are coming for Bitcoin’s working class
• Yesterday’s announcement came as a shock, even to us. WordPress, the 22nd most visited website on the entire interwebs, is now accepting Bitcoin. by maxkeiser - READ What the WordPress Announcement Means for Bitcoin
• VIDEO! Bye-bye $105 bn! Taxpayers’ money bailing out banks gone for good? at RT
• Why Bankers Own the World’s Gold by SilverVigiolante - The real conclusion that must be internalized is that, while buying precious metals and other tangible assets can be an excellent way of exiting the fiat currency paradigm, we mustn’t forget that central bankers own the world’s gold. They have been in a position to accumulate for centuries, and through conniving and contrivance have ensured that their stashes are the biggest on the planet. READ Why Bankers Own The World’s Gold
• KEISER REPORT [KR365] Keiser Report: Wacko Wizard World We discuss central bankers and governments from Iceland to Argentina attempting to tilt the global pinball game so that the ball goes in the ‘right’ hole while ‘invincibility’ tattoos fail to protect from the guns and knives of financial weapons in the real world. In the second half, Max Keiser talks to Tuur Demeester of Macrotrends.be about the recent report from the European Central Bank suggesting they are concerned about the new breed of decentralized digital currencies threatening their seignorage rights. They also discuss the financial jungle of Argentina where capital controls and economic chaos prove a great testing ground for new currencies
• KEISER REPORT [KR366] Keiser Report: Tourettes Traders & Bleeping Bankers (ft. Teri Buhl) We discuss foul mouthed foreigners with banker tourettes in Singapore, while in America, traders at Barclays send each other expletive-filled emails admitting to manipulating energy prices down in order to have their big bets on declining prices pay off. They also discuss financial activists creating a rolling jubillee reverse vulture fund designed to liberate the population from unpayable debts. In the second half, Max Keiser talks to Teri Buhl about the investigation into fraud at Sun Trust Bank where whistleblowers allege the bank mis-sold mortgages to Fannie Mae, the government sponsored enterprise. Max and Teri also talk about recent developments in the case of residential mortgage back securities fraudulently sold to investors by JP Morgan’s Bear Stearns holding and Teri proposes a million man march on the SEC and the NY Fed.
• KEISER REPORT [KR367] Keiser Report: Cameron’s Sin City Surge We discuss UK Prime Minister David Cameron going ‘all in’ and topless on financial fraud and market manipulation in the City of London where ‘circle rating’ is rife and more ‘Libor like’ manipulation is found . . . this time in the natural gas market. In the second half, Max Keiser talks to Francine McKenna of retheauditors.com and American Banker magazine, about Jamie Dimon, the most over-rated banker in America, and how much longer JP Morgan can survive the various scandals, frauds and putbacks.
• KEISER REPORT [KR368] Keiser Report: ‘Crash JP Morgan’ – 2nd Anniversary Special We present the two year anniversary special of their Crash JPM, Buy Silver campaign. They discuss JP Morgan doing everything to protect the Queen of their massive silver short position – a position that has DOUBLED in the past two years according to Rob Kirby of GATA and Kirby Analytics. They also discuss Central Banks pullling on their own little bungee cords by printing money. In the second half, Max Keiser talks to James Turk of Goldmoney.com about the link between liberty and gold and the shooting war to follow the currency war. The also discuss the gold/silver ratio and why silver today is like gold at $600.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Rick Ackerman
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1256] The Truth About Markets from Kilkenny, Ireland Stacy Summary: It wasn’t possible to upload this from our hotel in Kilkenny as the connection was just too slow. So here we are, reporting from the Kilkenomics Festival in Kilkenny, Ireland on Saturday, 3 November, 2012. We discuss Anglo Irish, Allied Irish and all things Irish financial and banking disaster. Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Pepe Escobar June 30, 2012: Globetrotting journalist Pepe Escobar discusses his article “Syria and Turkey’s Phantom War;” Turkey’s violation of Syrian airspace in a purposeful, measured provocation and test of Syria’s defenses; the near-invocation of NATO Article 5 and a wider war (an attack on one NATO country is an attack on all); looking for ways to bypass the UN on Syria, since China and Russia won’t let an interventionist resolution pass the Security Council; grand plans for NATO expansion in the official “Assured Security, Dynamic Engagement” plan; counterrevolutions in the Middle East and South America, as the US looks to rebuild its portfolio of client states; and how Qatar has become the new superpower in the Middle East, surpassing even Saudi Arabia.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee and
• Joe Lieberman (I-CT) chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee
• Republican Governors Bobby Jindal of Louisiana
• Republican Governors Scott Walker of Wisconsin
• ROUNDTABLE: Bill Kristol, The Weekly Standard/Fox News Contributor; Bob Woodward, Associate Editor of The Washington Post; Kimberley Strassel, Author, Member of The Wall Street Journal Editorial Board; Charles Lane, Editorial Writer for The Washington Post
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml