Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Seven Long Years. iCasulaties.org reports 4,386 U.S. Military Dead as of March 20, 2010 while this war seems to be wiped from the conscience of the American Public by corporomedia. The alleged "withdrawal" from Iraq seems to run in fits and starts, while some find themselves redeployed to the "good" war in Afghanistan where innocents are killed by video-game remote-control drones (known in the newspeak as "collateral damage"). We don't have many firm figures on how many "Al Qaeiouda" "Number Twos" or "Senior Operatives" that have been killed. The sensationalist "journalism" "head-line" mentality tells us mostly "lots" officially but when it is discovered it was just a wedding party that doesn't get ANY RUN in U.S. Media, retractions relegated to maybe two column inches on page 34 of the "Paper of Record" or WaPo. Speaking of the NYT and WaPo, its former Executive Editor Howell Raines during the Judith Miller propaganda saga penned Why don't honest journalists take on Roger Ailes and Fox News? for the WaPo calling out the entire U.S. "journalism industry" for their eye-sty completely ignoring the giant 2"x4" beam in his own eye. See how this works? Yo Howell, seems Knight-Ridder (now McClatchy) GOT IT RIGHT all along while your paper offered Stenography Services to anybody (aka "confidential sources") that would talk to Judy or any pro-war Beltway Bubble mover and/or shaker. Meanwhile Phil Donahue and Jesse Ventura were cancelled from MSMBC for their "anti-war" voices. The impetus to Afghanistan and then Iraq was the events of September 11, 2001. Of course "war pRezident" bu$h and his cadres directed much of the dis-information that perpetuates until now. From Scott Horton's Washington's Blog March 16, 2010 Colleen Rowley: Minders Ensured She Didn't Say Anything About 9/11 the FBI Didn't WANT Told, Even to Government Officials With Top Security Clearance"FBI whistleblower Colleen Rowley says in a new interview (mp3) that she was "minded" during her testimony to the Joint Intelligence Committee investigation of 9/11. Specifically, she said that "FBI minders" listened to her every word, to trail her and make sure that she didn't tell government personnel with top secret clearance even higher than her own anything which the FBI did not want to be told.". In an article by the Orlando Examiner March 17, 2010 ACLU obtains document stating 9/11 commission told to "not cross the line" "According to a document obtained by the ACLU under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) on Tuesday March 16, the 9/11 commission was warned on Jan. 6th, 2004 by high-level administration officials to "not cross the line" in the investigation of the events that occurred on Sept. 11, 2001. The high-level administration officials included Attorney General John Ashcroft, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and CIA Director George J. Tenet. The ACLU described it as a fax sent by David Addington, then-counsel to former vice president Dick Cheney. The government officials urged the 9/11 Commission, “not to further pursue the proposed request to participate in the questioning of detainees,” according to the letter, citing the need to “Safeguard the national security, including protection of Americans from future terrorist attacks. Marcy Wheeler, writing for FireDogLake, speculates that the memo was an attempt by Bush administration officials to keep the torture of detainees from going public at the time. To many others, including Colleen Rowley, the memo is only a small part of a cover up that effectively gagged the 9/11 Commission from any real fact-finding.” Following along so far? (Listen to more Colleen Rowley on PeterBCollins, below.) What's left? Chris Hedges has insight at AlterNet: We stand on the cusp of one of the bleakest periods in human history when the bright lights of a civilization blink out and we will descend for decades, if not centuries, into barbarity. The elites have successfully convinced us that we no longer have the capacity to understand the revealed truths presented before us or to fight back against the chaos caused by economic and environmental catastrophe. As long as the mass of bewildered and frightened people, fed images that permit them to perpetually hallucinate, exist in this state of barbarism, they may periodically strike out with a blind fury against increased state repression, widespread poverty and food shortages. But they will lack the ability and self-confidence to challenge in big and small ways the structures of control. The fantasy of widespread popular revolts and mass movements breaking the hegemony of the corporate state is just that – a fantasy. Prarie2 offers in Living without TickleMeElmo "China now has a stranglehold on a most of the vital segments of the US economy as a result of this process. It completely escapes the people who hold up signs accusing Obama of being some sort of foreign infiltrator bent on destroying America is that the destruction has already been done." So while corporomedia continues on their path of deception, half-truths, misdirection and focus on meaningless minutae and invitng THESE SAME PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR CURRENT DILEMMA to their Sunday Talkies the rest of us has to be SMARTER than THEY THINK WE ARE in the face of creeping corporatism. Start a garden. Buy local. De-vest in Wall Street (we like GOLD as a hedge). Engage your neighbors. Reject genetically "engineered" Frankenfood. Drive less, walk or ride a bike or take public transportation more. Invest in local green projects. Start or join "INTENTIONAL COMMUNITIES" at IC.ORG. Join the National Resources Defense Council nrdc.org or the Sierra Club or the ACLU in your state or the Electronic Frontier Foundation or NOW or dozens more that are worth OUR attention and help to dig us out of the morass and the SHOCK DOCTRINE the Flat-Earthers and their corporate enablers have put us in. THROW BRICKS at KKKARL and McConnell and Pence and Lott and Feinstein and Hoyer and Daschle and Steele, Bohner, Clyburn, Hatch, Gillespie and all the other corporate apologists. Then begin the Re-Taking. Ya know, it's OUR COUNTRY, too. And if THEY won't listen to us then we have to make our OWN WAY.
-The Brick TeeVee Crew (*see addendum at end - important)
h/t bluemoon for this quote summing up our devolving teevee society:
“Television's perfect. You turn a few knobs, a few of those mechanical adjustments at which the higher apes are so proficient, and lean back and drain your mind of all thought. And there you are watching the bubbles in the primeval ooze. You don't have to concentrate. You don't have to react. You don't have to remember. You don't miss your brain because you don't need it. Your heart and liver and lungs continue to function normally. Apart from that, all is peace and quiet. You are in the man's nirvana. And if some poor nasty minded person comes along and says you look like a fly on a can of garbage, pay him no mind. He probably hasn't got the price of a television set.”
Raymond Chandler quotes (American Writer, author of detective fiction,1888-1959)
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Rep. Alan Grayson @ Democracy NOW! Grayson joins us to discuss the measure and healthcare reform overall, his own family’s experience with private insurance companies and more. WATCH Rep. Alan Grayson’s “Medicare You Can Buy Into Act” Attracts 50 Co-Sponsors.
»»» Dennis and Ralph @ Democracy NOW! In a Democracy Now! exclusive, we spend the hour with Kucinich and former presidential candidate Ralph Nader for an in-depth discussion on healthcare, the Obama administration, the Iraq war and more. WATCH Dennis Kucinich and Ralph Nader: A Discussion on Healthcare, Politics and Reform
»»» Investigative journalist and activist Allan Nairn @ Democracy NOW! Allan Nairn reveals US-backed Indonesian armed forces carried out a series of assassinations of civilian activists in late 2009. The news comes as the White House moves towards increasing aid to the Indonesian military and lifting a twelve-year ban on the training of the notorious Indonesian military unit known as Kopassus. A US-trained Kopassus general who coordinated the assassinations confirmed to Nairn an Indonesian army role in the killings WATCH EXCLUSIVE…Indonesian Forces Tapped by Obama for Renewed US Aid Implicated in New Assassinations
»»» Seventh Anniversary Iraq War @ Democracy NOW! Today marks the seventh anniversary of the US-led invasion of Iraq. We go to Baghdad to speak with Yanar Mohammed, president of the Organization of Women’s Freedom in Iraq. WATCH Seven Years of War: On Anniversary of US Invasion, Iraqi Feminist Yanar Mohammed Says Iraq Is No Different Under Obama than Bush
»»» GRITtv HAS MOVED! Find us at www.grittv.org
»»» States' Rights @ GRITtv As the health care bill drags toward a finish line, conservative opponents of the bill are raising a specter with some long history--"States' Rights." They claim to be able to nullify the federal reform bill on the state level, but the argument for states' rights has been made before to prevent progressive action from being taken, particularly around racial equality WATCH A Progressive Case for States' Rights?
»»» Freedom vs. Security @ GRITtvPublic protest isn't dead, but those are only a few people in a huge population that suffers all sorts of indignities regularly. Our military budget is outlandish and our freedoms are regularly taken away. What have we traded these for, and why don't more people join the protests? We ask John Kampfner, author of Freedom for Sale, and Vince Warren, executive director of the Center for Constitutional Rights. WATCH Trading Freedom for Security
»»» NASCAR on FOX It's the Food City 500 from Bristol. Coverage begins at 12 pm et
»»» NCAA on CBS Sweet Sixteen action begins on Friday. Check your local listings!
»»» NBA on TNT Thursday DOUBLEHEADER! Heat @ Bulls 8 pm et then Mavs @ Blazers at 10:30 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERT!! ©
MOVE TO AMEND
We Move to Amend. @ www.movetoamend.org
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United, and move to amend our Constitution to:
* Firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
* Guarantee the right to vote and to participate, and to have our votes and participation count.
* Protect local communities, their economies, and democracies against illegitimate "preemption" actions by global, national, and state governments.
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,386 Military Dead as of March 20, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,025 Military Dead as of March 20, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Guest anchor ABC's Senior Congressional Correspondent Jonathan Karl
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• Democratic strategist David Plouffe
• Republican strategist Karl Rove
• ROUNDTABLE: Tom Daschle and Trent Lott, two veteran leaders of the Senate, join George Will and Sam Donaldson
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC), Majority Whip
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), DCCC Chair
• Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Minority Leader
• Sen. Richard Durbin (D-IL), Assistant Majority Leader
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• CHIEF OF STAFF - The man in the middle of all things presidential - especially the health care reform legislation in Congress right now - is President Obama's Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. Katie Couric talks to Obama's right-hand man about his tough job and his even tougher reputation. Draggan Mihailovich and Jennifer Yuille are the producers.
• THE LOST CHILDREN OF HAITI - Scott Pelley reports on the most vulnerable victims of Haiti's earthquake, children who not only face hunger, disease and sexual assault, but a form of slavery that is legal in the Caribbean country. Solly Granatstein and Nicole Young are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) House Republican Leader
• Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD) House Democratic Leader
• Fmr. Gov. Tim Kaine (D-VA)Chairman, Democratic National Committee
• Michael Steele Chairman, Republican National Committee
• ROUNDTABLE: Former Obama White House Communications Director, Anita Dunn; Former Counselor to President George W. Bush, Ed Gillespie; PBS's Tavis Smiley; and NBC News' Chuck Todd.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
State of the Union with Candy Crowley offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, 9 am and 12 pm et
• Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN)
• Rep. John Larson (D-CT)
• Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 (mp3) A Saint Patrick's Evangelicism! And George Ratzinger (da pope's bro!) and more! Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS! Bob picks up where he left off on Thursday's show HERE!
- NEW! ACTION POINT with Cynthia Black on HEAD ON RADIO!
"Solution Politics" Talk Radio Streaming weekends from Head On Radio Network LIVE Saturdays 7pm - 10pm (ET) with repeats all weekend! Pick your HEAD ON STREAMING HERE! TUNE IN NOW!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #110 Published on 15 March 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Coleen Rowley, courageous whistleblower, still. Rowley is the 24-year FBI agent who exposed the Bureau’s failures prior to 9/11 in the investigation of “20th hijacker” Zacarias Moussaoui, and joins Sibel Edmonds and PBC for the next installment of the Boiling Frogs series.
• Info on Podcast #111 Published on 16 March 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Voices for justice for the Palestinians. Phyllis Bennis: Ending Afghan War; Ian Fletcher: Free Trade Doesn’t Work. Bennis is a fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies in D.C, and co-author of the new “primer”: Ending the US War in Afghanistan. She explains that the war is illegal, not supported by most Americans, and appears unwinnable... Fletcher’s new book is Free Trade Doesn’t Work: What Should Replace it and Why. He is good at explaining complex economic concepts, and is strong and clear in his opposition to free trade. He proposes a 25% tariff on all imports, explains our trade deficit, and also talks about recent economic crises in Greece and Haiti.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted March 19th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire, Mark Potok from the Southern Poverty Law Center will be joining us to talk about how the Tea Party movement is helping to reinvigorate the White Supremacist movement in America.
• Raw Story political reporter Sahil Kapur will be joining us to talk about the recent study that showed that liberals have higher IQs than their conservative counterparts.
• And we’ll listen to Bobby Kennedy’s speech from last week’s Progressive Voices Cruise.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Investigating Cramer Jibber Jabber Stacy Summary: James Cramer being investigated by SEC. (NY Post) - h/t @maxkeiser for the video of Cramer admitting to market manipulation a few years ago.
• Keiser Report Questions Thread Stacy Summary: Guest this episode is Joe Weisenthal of Business Insider.
• [OTE46] On the Edge with Max Keiser – And Scott Baker – 19 March 2010 Stacy Summary: Guest is Scott Baker, Senior Editor of OpEdNews.
•  The Truth About Markets – 20 March 2010 Stacy Summary: Truth About Markets, London. Donate to ResonanceFM if you can! Download show HERE (mp3).
• Tony Blair Rolling in the Iraq Spoils Stacy Summary: This man is disgusting. But the British people are not much better for choosing to get drunk instead of forcing an end to this modern-day imperialism done, after all, in their name. READ Tony Blair has raked in £20 million since leaving office, much of it from Iraqi oil deals (DailyMail.uk)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews John V. Walsh (mp3) 30:36 March 19 2010. John V. Walsh, frequent contributor to Counterpunch.org, discusses Paul Krugman’s “economic chauvinism” regarding China’s currency valuation, provocative US military postures in Central and East Asia, China’s eons-long history of open trade and self defense and why the US should abandon the policy of “containing” China.
• Scott Horton interviews Luke Ryland (mp3) 25:24 March 19 2010. Luke Ryland, proprietor of the blog Let Sibel Edmonds Speak, discusses the disclosure of pre-9/11 FBI investigations that corroborate some of Sibel Edmonds’ previously unsupported claims, Turkish lobbies involved in Congressional bribery and drug trafficking, US foreign military aid (funded by taxpayers) that keeps the world awash in F-16s and lines the pockets of defense contractors and the best online resources for getting up to speed on Sibel Edmonds’ story.
• Rep. Paul Ryan, (R) Wisconsin / Ranking Member, House Budget Committee
• Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, (D) Florida / Chief Deputy Whip
• Sen. John Cornyn, (R) Texas / Chairman, National Republican Senatorial Committee
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~* ADDENDUM: We forgot to mention a bill being introduced by our "bi-partisanshippy" "friends" John "iwasnottorturedandsanglikeacanary" and "iwasagainsttorturethenforit" McCain and "Joementum" Lieberman S. 3081 – The Enemy Belligerent Interrogation, Detention and Prosecution Act of 2010 bill language
The bill explicitly codifies into law a procedure which, based on any justification “the President deems appropriate”, allows the Attorney General and Secretary of Defense, within 48 hours of a person’s apprehension, to declare anybody an “unprivileged enemy belligerent”, a designation that means, once a person is so labeled, they become sent down a legal black hole and will be held indefinitely “without criminal charge and without trial for the duration of hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners”, i.e. forever. Even if the President deigns to give a high value detainee a military tribunal, in other words, he can’t.
The burden of proof? It is if a person “is suspected” or “may be” an “unprivileged enemy belligerent.”
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!