Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Another Health Care "Debate"! Obama delayeded his plans to visit to Indonesia and Australia to concentrate on getting the Health Care Corporate Giveaway , errr um, the "Affordable Health Care for America Act" (HR 3962) which is really the Senate's "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" (H.R. 3590) passed before Congress takes a Spring Break. The WH limo thus gears up for another push to get their signature "Health Reform" bill with DAVID AXELROD gabbing it up on Meet the David, State of Candy and This Guest Host while his sidekick ROBERT GIBBS gets dropped off at Face the Bob and FAKE NEWS Sunday. Throw bricks at KARL ROVE on MTP and FNS! The Obstructionist Party sends out LINDSEY GRAHAM to This Guest Host, LAMAR ALEXANDER to FTN, JAMES CLYBURN on MTP, JOHN "Crybaby" BOEHNER on Candy Nation and ERIC CANTOR on False News to discuss the same talking points they've worn out for too long, no doubt citing the same tired "solutions" like the "magic hand of the free market", cross-state "competition", capping medical malpractice lawsuit awards and so forth while the hosts blithely let them stammer on without one bit of fact-checking on any of their claims. What they WON'T be discussing is Jay "Clean Coal" Rockefeller pushes to rein in EPA from the Washington Post: Sen. John D. Rockefeller (D-WVa.) will introduce legislation Thursday to impose a two-year moratorium on the Environmental Protection Agency's ability to regulate greenhouse gases from power plants and other stationary emitters, a move that could undermine the Obama administration's plan to pursue a cap on carbon emissions in the face of congressional opposition. Rockefeller's bill pdf, one of several recent congressional efforts to curb the EPA's authority to address climate change under the Clean Air Act, highlights the resistance the administration will face if it attempts to limit carbon dioxide through regulation. Obama and his top deputies have repeatedly said they would prefer for Congress to set mandatory, nationwide limits on greenhouse gas emissions, but the EPA is moving ahead with plans to do so if legislation fails to pass this year. "Today, we took important action to safeguard jobs, the coal industry, and the entire economy as we move toward clean coal technology," Rockefeller said. "This legislation will issue a two-year suspension on EPA regulation of greenhouse gases from stationary sources (aka COAL FIRED PLANTS! Not like MOBILE sources like coal-fired STEAM ENGINES! -Ed.) --giving Congress the time it needs (the time it needs for Big Coal to craft THEIR FAVORABLE LEGISLATION. -Ed.) to address an issue as complicated and expansive as our energy future. Congress, not the EPA, must be the ideal decision-maker on such a challenging issue." That is, J ROCK IV wants to STOP the EPA from even BEGINNING ANY INVESTIGATIONS on this. FOR TWO YEARS! Call your pols! http://www.thomhartmann.com/contact-congress/ Check out our regular lineup and BTV Alerts with DENNIS KUCINICH on DN, former AAR host JON ELIOT on PBC, Rolling Stone's TIM DICKINSON on Ring of Fire plus Raw Story's LARISA ALEXANDROVNA on AntiWar Radio and JOE WEISENTHAL of Business Insider on the Keiser Report and so much more good info and discussion. The Brick TeeVee Crew has been enjoying the Mid America Conference Men's Hoops tourney, especially since the No. 9 seed (and our old haunt) Ohio University blazed through the MAC field with a first-round overtime road win at eighth-seeded Ball State culminating in an 81-75 overtime victory over the Akron Zips, earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. Plus we're also enjoying Indians Spring Training in the Cactus League where they lead the league in ERA with a spiffy 3.11 Of course, it's only Spring Training and this pitching staff has more question marks than answers with their slated Opening Day pitcher (Westbrook) who hasn't pitched in the bigs since 2008 and their No. 2 guy (Carmona) having spent most of 2009 in the LOW minors! We shall see as Opening Day is 21 days away! Enjoy your Sunday!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Rep. Dennis Kucinich @ Democracy NOW! Democratic Rep. Dennis Kucinich joins us to discuss two House debates in which he’s played a central role this week. WATCH Rep. Dennis Kucinich Takes on Democratic Leaders with Insistence on Public Option, Call for Afghan Withdrawal.
»»» Johann Hari, columnist for the London Independent @ Democracy NOW! Major environmental groups are coming under criticism from within their own ranks for taking positions that some say are antithetical to their stated missions of saving the planet. WATCH The Real Climategate: Conservation Groups Align with World’s Worst Polluters RELATED: Hari's article in The Nation ‘The Wrong Kind of Green’
»»» Author John Atlas @ Democracy NOW! A federal judge has reaffirmed her earlier ruling blocking the congressional effort to defund the anti-poverty group ACORN. WATCH Judge Instructs Fed Agencies to Resume ACORN Funding
»»» Rachel Corrie Family Wrongful Death Suit @ Democracy NOW! We spend the hour with Rachel Corrie’s family: her father Craig, her mother Cindy, and her sister Sarah. WATCH 7 Years After Killing, Family of Slain US Peace Activist Rachel Corrie Heads to Israel for Wrongful Death Suit Against Israeli Gov’t
»»» GRITtv HAS MOVED! Find us at www.grittv.org
»»» Haiti @ GRITtv Gupta joins guest host Esther Armah in the studio, along with Reverend Osagyefo Sekou, who just returned from Haiti, to talk about the rebuilding effort underway and how people in the U.S. can help make sure Haiti is rebuilt for the Haitian people. WATCH Militarizing Haiti: The Shock Doctrine at Work?
»»» Healthcare Bill @ GRITtv Joining us to discuss what happens if the bill passes--and the consequences should it fail--are Dr. Anne Davis of Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health, Enzo Pastore, health care policy specialist with the Progressive States Network, and Chris Meyer, Executive Vice President, External Affairs with Consumers Union, the publisher of Consumer Reports. WATCH Homestretch for Healthcare Reform
»»» Palestine Protest @ GRITtvAmer Shurrab, a Middlebury College graduate from Khan Yunis in Gaza, whose father and two brothers were killed in Operation Cast Lead, and Dorothy Zellner, founding member of Jews Say No!, join us to talk about the protests, Joe Biden's condemnation of Israeli settlement building, and more. WATCH Israel Ignores Protest for Palestine
»»» NASCAR on FOX No race today. NEXT RACE: Food City 500 from Bristol.
»»» NBA on ESPN Celtics @ Cavs 3:30 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT Thursday DOUBLEHEADER! Magic @ Heat 7 pm et then Hornets @ Nuggets at 9:30 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERT!! ©
MOVE TO AMEND
We Move to Amend. @ www.movetoamend.org
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United, and move to amend our Constitution to:
* Firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
* Guarantee the right to vote and to participate, and to have our votes and participation count.
* Protect local communities, their economies, and democracies against illegitimate "preemption" actions by global, national, and state governments.
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
We won’t sit by ...while the bankers and militarists plunder this country and send our loved ones to fight in a war for empire!
When tens of thousands march in Washington, D.C., San Francisco and Los Angeles on March 20 – we are going to tie together the issue of endless war and skyrocketing unemployment and poverty. If we don’t act, no one will.
Take to streets. Tell every family and friend, co-worker and fellow student that it's time to get on the bus. It’s time for the people to speak out. It’s time to raise hell! Get ON DA BUS HERE!
This is a huge undertaking and we can't do it without the help of thousands of people like you who are opposing the expanding wars and occupations. Please make your contribution today.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,382 Military Dead as of March 12, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,020 Military Dead as of March 12, 2010
2,472 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Guest anchor Matthew Dowd
• the President's senior advisor David Axelrod
• Republican Senator Lindsey Graham
• ROUNDTABLE: Anita Dunn, most recently the Obama Administration's communications director, and Ed Gillespie, former White House Counselor in the Bush Administration join George Will and Cokie Roberts
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Robert Gibbs, White House Press Secretary
• Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn.
• Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla.
• Karen Ignagni, President, America's Health Insurance Plans
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• INSIDE THE COLLAPSE - Former trader-turned author Michael Lewis writes about a handful of Wall Street outsiders who realized the subprime mortgage business was a house of cards and found a way to make millions betting against it. He also talks about the current situation on Wall Street, the large bonuses still being paid and his predictions for the future of the industry. Steve Kroft reports. Frank Devine and Jennifer MacDonald are the producers. THIS IS A DOUBLE LENGTH SEGMENT.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• DAVID AXELROD Senior White House Adviser
• REP. JAMES CLYBURN (D-SC) House Democratic Whip
• SEN. DICK DURBIN (D-IL) Senate Democratic Whip
• KARL ROVE Fmr. Senior Adviser to President Bush
• ROUNDTABLE: two noted New York Times columnists, David Brooks and Tom Friedman.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
State of the Union with Candy Crowley offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, 9 am and 12 pm et
• House Republican Leader John Boehner of Ohio.
• White House senior adviser David Axelrod
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
FRONT PORCH FRIDAY: The Head-On Studios underwent some much-needed repairs and upgrades so listen last Friday's broadcast Friday, March 12, 2010 (mp3) about the Amarillo Texas "Army of God" and more! Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS! Bob will be back live on Monday!
- NEW! ACTION POINT with Cynthia Black on HEAD ON RADIO!
"Solution Politics" Talk Radio Streaming weekends from Head On Radio Network LIVE Saturdays 7pm - 10pm (ET) with repeats all weekend! Pick your HEAD ON STREAMING HERE! TUNE IN NOW!
• ACTION POINT: Saturday: 3-13, 2010: Republicans Gone Wild? Not quite…
• 7 – 9P EDT: Hour One & Two: From Republicans Gone Wild? to Alien Invaders! we look at the tactics and likely strategy of forces vieing to control American hearts, minds and politics. We try to make sense of it.
• 9P: Hour Three: The Palast Report with Greg Palast: The ugly truth about Congressman’s Massa drawers!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #107 Published on 08 March 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Air America and liberal talk radio. Former Air America host Jon Elliott joins PBC to discuss the Obama administration’s recent discovery that conservative talk radio is a major obstacle to its agenda. We talk about the promising launch of Air America in 2004, and how the ever-changing lineup of managers and investors bungled the effort in many different ways. We also talk about the failure of Democrats and left institutions to support the separate efforts of Elliott and Collins to build and sustain a progressive media infrastructure, including talk radio.
• Info on Podcast #108 Published on 09 March 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Voices for justice for the Palestinians. Part 1 of a 2 part series of interviews from activists who participated in the Sabeel Conference held March 5 and 6 in Marin County, California. Sabeel means “The Way” in Arabic, and this conference brought a range of participants from around the world.
• Info on Podcast #109 Published on 10 March 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Voices for Justice for the Palestinians, Part 2. This is the final episode of interviews from the Sabeel Conference March 5-6 in Marin County, California. Powerful voices who decry Israel’s brutal domination of the West Bank and lockdown of Gaza.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted March 12th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire, Tim Dickinson from Rolling Stone magazine will be here to tell us how the GOP is planning to take over congress in November, not by offering up any meaningful reforms, but by making sure that President Obama fails in everything he attempts.
• We’ll also talk with Dr. Boyd Haley from the University of Kentucky, who has some breaking health news that everyone needs to know about.
• We’ll also be talking with Senator Maria Cantwell about her efforts to help curb carbon gas emissions, and she’ll give us the inside scoop on what’s really going on with healthcare legislation in the Senate.
• And we’ll check back in with comedian Matt Filipowicz who’s got some interesting thoughts on Liz Cheney and her modern day McCarthyism.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/ You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• [KR24] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Scandal! And Joe Weisenthal! Stacy Summary: Guest this episode is Joe Weisenthal of Business Insider.
• [OTE45] On the Edge with Max Keiser – 12 March 2010 Stacy Summary: Guest is Birgitta Jonsdottir!
•  The Truth About Rigged Market Capitalism – 13 March 2010 Stacy Summary: Truth About Markets, London. We talk about so called free market capitalism in reality is rigged market capitalism; Hank Paulson and Dick Fuld, Lehmans and Barclays. Download show HERE (mp3).
• On the Pages of Huffington Post, Max Keiser Warned Investors July 2008 About Lehman’s Peek-A-Boo Accounting Stacy Summary: I wonder how much Valukas was paid to come up with the same information that Keiser provided to Huffington Post for free? First, here is Max’s article from July 2008: READ JULY 9, 2008: Peek-a-boo accounting and the crash of Wall St financial stocks (Max Keiser / Huffington Post). And these are the findings on Lehman’s accounting ‘gimmicks’ in March 2010: MARCH 12, 2010: Lehman bosses used accountancy gimmick to cover up debt (Times UK).
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Larisa Alexandrovna (mp3) 49:55 March 12 2010. Larisa Alexandrovna, Managing Editor of investigative news for RawStory, discusses the lies told about the US push for war with Iraq in Karl Rove’s new book, how the Bush administration “fixed the facts” around their Iraq policy, US bellicosity on Iran that is meant to assuage Israel’s fears of a competing regional power, Russian geopolitical successes against lightweight US strategists, why purple fingers are not necessarily indicative of democracy, the media’s obsession with “balance” at the expense of presenting facts or telling the truth and the difficult task of assigning appropriate blame to the public and media for complicity in Iraq War lies.
• Scott Horton interviews Raed Jarrar (mp3) 50:12 March 12 2010. Raed Jarrar, Iraq consultant for the American Friends Service Committee, discusses the Iraqi political landscape in the wake of recent elections, the reemergence of former Prime Minister Ayad Allawi in a popular non-sectarian nationalist coalition, how the US occupation has distorted Iraqi politics and prevented the formation of functional government, unfounded fears that a US withdrawal will incite a civil war and why Iraq’s “sectarian” strife is better understood as a political struggle between nationalists and separatists than a religious fight between Sunni and Shia.
• Robert Gibbs, White House Press Secretary
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen, (D) Maryland / Chairman, DCCC
• Rep. Eric Cantor, (R) Virginia / House Minority Leader
• Karl Rove, Former Senior White House Adviser / Fox News Contributor
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!