Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Turkey Soup Sunday YES The Brick TeeVee Kitchen has the turkey soup goin' in the crockpot MMMMMMMM! The Real Turkeys will be on yer teevees today! So this is the third day of the holiday shopping melee that began with Black Friday or more aptly Black Thursday Evening where a number of retailers opened after dinner on Thanksgiving to get wretchedly poor people to stand in line to save a few bucks on stuff they really don't need but have been convinced THEY WILL DIE if they don't get that gadget NOW by a massive blitzkreig of marketing. But let's begin with a few stories we forgot to add from last week.
- At ZeroHedge.com Marc Faber Fears "The End Of The Capitalist Economic System As We Know It" ...... "We already live in a financial economy in which the debt and capital markets exceed the value of the real economy by far," Marc Faber explains to Germany's Finanzen100, "and that's before the current formation of bubbles." His most ominous warning, and one that fits perfectly with the seeming insanity of Federal Reserve (and all developed market central banks) is that "the next time a bubble bursts, then the capitalist economic system as we know will falter." .....
- At NakedCapitalism.com Greenwald, Rosen, Scahill and the Price of One’s Journalistic Soul Yves here. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in hoping for the best from the new journalistic venture funded by eBay billionaire Pierre Omidyar that Glenn Greenwald and Laura Poitras, among others, have joined with much fanfare. But the fact that one wishes them well should not blind observers to the possible large flies in the ointment. By Dan Fejes, who lives in northeast Ohio. Cross posted from Pruning Shears
- Diane Ravitch on The Majority Report 11/20/13 Diane Ravitch: Reign of Error: The Hoax of the Privatization Movement and the Danger to America's Public Schools
- David Kravets at Wired.com's THREAT LEVEL Supreme Court Rejects Case Challenging NSA Phone Spying The Supreme Court today rejected a challenge to the National Security Agency’s once-secret telephone metadata spying program. The justices, without comment, declined to entertain a challenge from the Electronic Privacy Information Center seeking to halt the program that was disclosed in June by NSA leaker Edward Snowden. The court’s inaction means that the there isn’t likely to be any court resolution to constitutional challenges to the metadata program for years. Legislation, however, is pending to gut the program.
- Nicholas Weaver at Wired.com's OPINION Once You Use Bitcoin You Can’t Go ‘Back’ — And That’s Its Fatal Flaw As a security researcher, I admire bitcoin-the-protocol. It’s an incredibly clever piece of cryptographic engineering, especially the proof-of-work as a way of maintaining an indelible history and a signature scheme which, when properly used, can limit the damage that might be done by an adversary with a quantum computer. But I believe bitcoin-the-currency contains a fatal flaw, one that ensures that bitcoin won’t ever achieve widespread adoption as a currency.
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again By Laura Gottesdiener You can hardly turn on the television or open a newspaper without hearing about the nation’s impressive, much celebrated housing recovery. Home prices are rising! New construction has started! The crisis is over! Yet beneath the fanfare, a whole new get-rich-quick scheme is brewing. Over the last year and a half, Wall Street hedge funds and private equity firms have quietly amassed an unprecedented rental empire, snapping up Queen Anne Victorians in Atlanta, brick-faced bungalows in Chicago, Spanish revivals in Phoenix. . . .
- The repeal last year of a complex elections bill by the Republican-controlled legislature has not put to rest controversies over voting procedures. The repeal was just tactical, Republicans avoiding the embarrassment of a referendum. What has followed is a flurry of separate bills, much harder to block. Last week, two House Democrats took aim at one of the worst, an ill-advised measure that would require voters to present a photo ID to cast a ballot. Currently, other forms of identification are acceptable, for example, a utility bill showing the address at which a voter is registered. Kathleen Clyde of Kent, and Michael Curtin of Marble Cliff, near Columbus, marshaled two persuasive arguments against the photo ID bill introduced by state Rep. John Becker, a Union Township Republican. First, the Democrats re-emphasized that voter fraud is practically nonexistent in Ohio. They also used a press conference to cite recent studies pointing to the high cost of implementing a photo ID law. A study initiated by Jon Husted, the Ohio secretary of state, after the presidential election showed just 135 cases of possible voter fraud were referred to law enforcement agencies for further investigation. That’s out of 5.6 million ballots cast. It follows then for Curtin to call Becker’s bill “a solution in search of a nonexistent problem.” In his report, Husted noted that a photo ID requirement would not have stopped most of the instances of suspected voter fraud. More, recent studies by Policy Matters Ohio and the Democratic National Committee put the cost of implementation at between approximately $7 million and $10 million a year over four years. As Curtin noted, that’s money far better spent on implementing electronic voter registration, expanding the use of electronic polls books and replacing voting machines. Kathleen Clyde reminded that some 20 percent of Ohio voters, many women, senior citizens, students and African-Americans, don’t have a state-issued photo ID. That makes it hard not to conclude that the photo ID bill really aims at lowering turnout among Democratic voters.
- Chris Hayes commentary on U.S. Forces in Afghanistan on their 13th Thanksgiving there.13 Thanksgivings: Bring the troops home
- For you religious shoppers Experience The 'Scent Of Christ' - In A Candle
- Global Research Prof. James Petras Decline of the American Empire? Global Configurations of Power, The Swindle Economy and the Criminal State
- VIDEO! The Exploding Autoimmune Epidemic Very Scary! Not for everyone so go in with some open eyes.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Reza Marashi, Research Director at the National Iranian American Council Historic Deal Curbs Iran’s Nuclear Program While Easing U.S.-Led Devastating Economic Sanctions
- Adrienne Pine, An assistant professor of Anthropology at American University & Edwin Espinal, A community organizer and resistance movement activist in Honduras Honduras Presidential Elections in Dispute as Activists Defy Violence to Back Ousted Leader’s Wife
- Gary Ruskin, Director of the Center for Corporate Policy Spooky Business: U.S. Corporations Enlist Ex-Intelligence Agents to Spy on Nonprofit Groups Click here to watch part 2 of this interview.
- Barbara Collins, one of the Organization United for Respect at Walmart’s (OUR Walmart) top leaders & report co-author Catherine Ruetschlin, policy analyst at Demos, As Wal-Mart Workers Plan Record Black Friday Protests, Study Says Retail Giant Can Afford Higher Pay
- Reverend Billy, (Bill Talen), activist and performance artist Reverend Billy Faces Year in Prison for Protesting JPMorgan Chase’s Financing of Fossil Fuels
- Margarethe von Trotta, award-winning German director, who directed the film "Hannah Arendt" "Hannah Arendt" Revisits Fiery Debate over German-Jewish Theorist’s Coverage of Eichmann Trial
- Juan Gonzalez, award-winning journalist, author,New York Daily News columnist and Democracy Now! co-host Three More NYC Contractors Found Guilty in Massive CityTime Scandal to Modernize Payroll System
- Ju Hong, immigrant rights activist who interrupted President Obama’s speech on Monday to demand an end to deportations Plea to End Deportations Heard Nationwide as Activist Interrupts Obama Speech on Immigration
- Author Matthew Fox & Roy Bourgeois, Catholic priest and the founder of the School of Americas Watch The Pope Slams "Tyranny" of Capitalism and "Idolatry of Money," But Opposes Shift on Women, Abortion
- Brigitte Amiri, senior staff attorney with the ACLU Reproductive Freedom Project. Religious Rights for Corporations? Supreme Court Takes Up Challenge to Contraception Coverage
- Kumi Naidoo, executive director of Greenpeace International. A Tribute to Blacklisted Lyricist Yip Harburg: The Man Who Put the Rainbow in The Wizard of Oz Today, we take a journey through the life and work of Yip Harburg, the Broadway lyricist who wrote such hits as "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?" and who put the music into The Wizard of Oz.
- Craig Steven Wilder, author of the book "Ebony & Ivy: Race, Slavery, and the Troubled History of America’s Universities" Ebony and Ivy: The Secret History of How Slavery Helped Build America’s Elite Colleges
- Katrina Browne, producer and director of the documentary, "Traces of the Trade: A Story From the Deep North" Filmmaker Uncovers Her Family’s Shocking Slave-Trading History, Urges Americans to Explore Own Roots
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Peter Buffett: Big Philanthropy and Philanthro-Feudalism Philanthropy is enjoying a hey day! A $316 billion industry, those well-intentioned dollars may be doing more harm than good. Watch the full interview with Peter Buffett, the son of Warren Buffett about what he calls "the charitable industrial complex." more......
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» SUNDAY FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA on NBC Giants @ Redskins 8:30 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on ESPN Saints @ Seahawks 8:30 pm et »»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY DOUBLEHEADER Knicks @ Nets 7 pm et THEN Heat @ Bulls 9:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! PVT Chelsea Manning tells TIME Magazine what she's thankful for this Thanksgiving TIME Magazine asked WikiLeaks whistleblower PVT Chelsea Manning what she's thankful for. Her answer was published alongside Michelle Obama's, Joe Biden's, and 14 others. Many people working for the betterment of society will appreciate her answer. ..... AND Update 11/25/13: Amnesty Intl launches petition asking for Chelsea's immediate release Amnesty International is calling for the immediate release of Chelsea Manning and they have launched a petition to demonstrate support. This is an important petition and we are asking all supporters to sign and share it widely! .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,292 US Military Dead as of Nov 22, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media at informationclearinghouse R.I.P. Peter Wintonick "Manufacturing Consent" Director Peter Wintonick Dead at 60
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• former Obama national security adviser Tom Donilon
• Foreign Relations Committee member Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va.
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan, and former • Obama White House Senior Adviser David Plouffe, now an ABC News and Bloomberg News
• NFL CONCUSSION ROUNDTABLE: ABC News Chief Health and Medical Editor Dr. Richard Besser, USA Today columnist and ABC News consultant Christine Brennan, ESPN investigative reporter Mark Fainaru-Wada, and former Buffalo Bills offensive lineman and Pro Football Hall of Fame member Joe DeLamielleure.
• Sunday Spotlight: U2 lead singer Bono, co-founder of ONE and the RED campaign, reflects on the progress battling HIV/AIDS on this Sunday’s World AIDS Day.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer - This Sunday on Face the Nation, we’ll conclude our coverage of the 50th Anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and its impact on America.
• Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Robert Menendez, D-N.J.
• Senate Foreign Relations Committee Ranking Member Bob Corker, R-Tenn.
• Wisconsin GOP Governor Scott Walker
• ROUNDTABLE: William Kristol of The Weekly Standard and former White House Chief of Staff under President Obama, Bill Daley.
• Thanksgiving books and authors show: Doris Kearns Goodwin, author of “The Bully Pulpit,”; A. Scott Berg, author of “Wilson”; and Peter Baker, who covers the Bush/Cheney relationship in “Days of Fire.”
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 60 Minutes apologizes for Benghazi report
• Amazon: The world's largest online retailer
• The Capitol Dome at 150 years
• Free Diving: An extreme sport pushes boundaries
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI)
• Ranking Member of the Budget Committee Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD).
• former Healthcare Adviser to President Obama and Professor at the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel
• Cardinal Timothy Dolan
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times Columnist David Brooks; Democratic Mayor of Baltimore Stephanie Rawlings-Blake; NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell; and Political Director & Chief White House Correspondent for NBC, Chuck Todd.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines and at noon ET.
• Former Vermont Governor Howard Dean
• Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum
• Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
• Congressman Mike Rogers (R-MI)
• ROUNDTABLE: CNN Contributors Kevin Madden and Donna Brazile plus Corey Dade of TheRoot.com.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH WEDNESDAY! Thanksgiving Special! Including a H.O.R.N. listener roundtable! Pull up a cold one! Listen NOW HERE - Wednesday, November 27th, 2013 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - November 26, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Last-minute agreement at contentious UN climate talks in Warsaw; U.S. methane emissions 50% higher than previously thought; World's 1st genetically modified food animal one step closer to market; PLUS: Ontario, Canada breaks up with coal, and Al Gore is happy about it! ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): "We have to consume less": Scientists call for end to mindless consumption; Chicago seeks to shut down Koch Industries' petcoke piles; Say goodbye to toxic couches in CA; Warming 'will be hard to reverse for centuries': study; Unprecedented $1m fine for wind farm over eagle deaths; CT: Don't rake fall leaves - mulch them; NYT climate coverage suffers after closing 'Green' blog; Evacuation questions after 55 killed in China pipeline explosion; Shanghai opens carbon trading scheme; Setback for CA high-speed rail; ... PLUS: Drowning Kiribati: This entire country is about to be drowned by climate change. It won't be the last ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! CBS' Logan to Take 'Leave' After Bogus Benghazi Report 60 Minutes correspondent and producer Max McClellan are out, for now, following internal report on failures leading to discredited story...
• BRADCAST! KPFK 'BradCast': Corporate Espionage Against Nonprofits (and Me) Gary Ruskin of the Center for Corporate Policy discusses his new report, which Brad is named in (as a target). Plus MUCH MORE..
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Corporate Espionage Report Cites U.S. Chamber's Plot Against BRAD BLOG Says nation's largest corporations and trade groups use 'highly unethical, illegal tools' against non-profits. Yup, we noticed...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Senate Majority Invokes 'Democracy Option' Change to filibuster rules - abused at an unprecedented level by Republicans - may finally restore a measure of Constitutional balance to all three branches of government..
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 25 Nov 2013 PBC News & Comment: Deal w/Iran, Roger Shuler Spends Birthday in Jail Alabama reporter Roger Shuler turns 57 in jail today, WhoWhatWhy’s David Krajicek interviewed Shuler; Zionists apoplectic over Iran nuke deal….
• PBC News & Comment 27 Nov 2013 PBC News & Comment: How Low Does the NSA Snooping Go? Latest Snowden revelations from Glenn Greenwald at Huffington Post show NSA used porn viewing, other tactics to undermine Muslim leaders………
• PBC Standard Podcast Nov. 21, 2013How Many Secret Files Did Snowden Get? Whistleblowers Bill Binney and Russell Tice Explain Why NSA Doesn’t Know
• PBC Standard Podcast Nov. 26, 2013 Rev. Billy Faces Year in Jail for Defiling Sanctuary of JP MorganChase
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Nov. 22, 2013 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• This week’s show will feature The Best of Ring of Fire Radio
• Liz Kennedy from Demos.org will tell us why we need to act soon to stop the Supreme Court from demolishing campaign spending limits.
• Author David Kirby will discuss the ethical implications of keeping killer whales in captivity.
• John Nichols from The Nation will tell us how progressive uprisings are changing American politics from the bottom up.
• And author Sasha Abramsky will be here to talk about his new book “The American Way of Poverty.”
• And blogger Chauncey DeVega will explain how opposition to gun control measures has been linked to racist attitudes.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Nov 23, 2013 Sundays at NOON!
»» Dr. Tom Schneider will discuss the failures of the FDA, and the problem of over-prescribing medication.
»» Howard Nations will talk about an upcoming Supreme Court case that could completely destroy the power of unions.
»» Farron Cousins will discuss the ways that climate change is hurting big business, and why they refuse to act.
»» Author Frank Schaeffer will tell us about the resurgent Religious Right, and how they are dictating Tea Party Republican policy.
»» Attorney Dave TeSelle will explain why healthcare costs are destroying American families.
»» And attorney David Haynes will discuss the 2013 elections – The Tea Party was thoroughly rebuked, will we see the same in 2014?
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on November 29, 2013 by Joshua Schwitzerlett - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on November 30, 2013 by Joshua Schwitzerlett
Papantonio: The Media’s War on Obama (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio appears on the Thom Hartmann Program to discuss the mainstream media’s lazy war against Obama.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: McDonald’s Offers Financial Advice to Underpaid Employees (VIDEO) Low wage employers like McDonald’s and Wal-Mart have taken a lot of heat for paying their workers poverty wages. In order to fight their bad reputation, McDonald’s recently launched a website to help workers learn how to live on poverty. Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio talks to Salon reporter Josh Eidelson about how McDonald’s thinks people should live.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 11/25/13 Trita Parsi: Historic Iran Deal & What Comes Next
• TUESDAY 11/26/13 Marvin Ammori: The Death of Net Neutrality & Adam Green Expand Social Security Now!
• WEDNESDAY 11/27/13 Janeane Garofalo: Thanksgiving Special
• FRIDAY 11/29/13 Jeremy Schahill: Dirty Wars (best-of show)
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• VIDEO! World’s Best Economist Explains All In 8 1/2 Minutes by maxkeiser
• VIDEO! The “financial terrorism” of Royal Bank of Scotland by Stacy Herbert - Since I first spoke about RBS’s alleged maltreatment of business borrowers on BBC News (towards the end of the clip) and the Keiser Report in July 2012 I have been deluged with emails, phone calls, voice messages, and texts from SME directors and shareholders who complain that, for no legitimate business reason, RBS snuffed out their life’s work and seized their business assets using the methods described above. I have had people literally crying down the phone about the despicable way in which the bank has treated them, with some in a suicidal state. And, as far as I am aware, most were running profitable, stable, creditworthy businesses, before the bank set out to destroy them — not so called “zombies”.........
• Incredible Minutes from a 1974 Henry Kissinger Staff Meeting on Gold by Michael Krieger - The following excerpts are from a transcript of a 1974 meeting held by the then Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and his staff. This particular meeting was held on April 25, and focused on an European Commission Proposal to revalue their gold assets. What follows is an incredible insight into the minds of powerful American leaders scheming to maintain power and show other nations their place. What is most significant is how clearly they understood that demonetizing gold was a critical strategy to maintaining a dominant power position in the world. So to those who continue to say that “gold doesn’t matter” because it hasn’t been used as an official asset in the monetary system for decades, I say give me a break. In fact, the reality of gold having been largely demonetized makes it an even greater threat going forward if the U.S. does not have all the gold it claims to, and other nations have more than they admit to…Click to READ MORE HERE!
• VIDEO! NEWSNIGHT: Bitcoin — the future, or a bubble waiting to burst? by Stacy Herbert - BBC NEWSNIGHT: Watch @MaxKeiser at the top of his game schooling CEO Jeremy Cook of legacy player @World_First http://youtu.be/VvIaD8LryZ0
• KEISER REPORT [KR528] Keiser Report: SME for Small & Medium Economies We discuss WTF in the UK as RBS slaughters SMEs and then robs their still warm corpses; while over in the PRC, the PBOC has thrown a whole bunch of STFU at US Treasuries. They discuss the implications of both oil being priced in yuan on the Shanghai futures exchange and Iran being prohibited from trading oil for gold under the P5+1 deal. In the second half, Max interviews Alasdair Macleod of GoldMoney.com about 400 ounce London .995 gold bars being sent to Switzerland from Arab holders and melted down to 1 kilo .9999 bars, thus moving gold from the London standard, to the new better Chinese standard – suggesting we may be entering a post-petrodollar world. In which case, petrodollars could be flowing back into NY in pure dollar form to cause high inflation. And, finally, Max and Alasdair suggest that unless you rig gold markets, your forex and libor rigging won’t work.
• KEISER REPORT [KR529] Keiser Report: Elite Overdose We discuss elite overproduction as oligarchs, billionaires and multi-millionaires fight over the finite number of thrones available. They predict a near future in which a thousand billionaires disappear and in which too many ‘elite hemorrhoids,’ like Tony Blair, lead to revolution. In the second half, Max interviews James Howard Kunstler of Kunstler.com about the financial hypertrophy of swindles and fraud in an economy in which the Strasbourg goose has Crohn’s disease and markets have a whack attack on taper talk.
• KEISER REPORT [KR530] Keiser Report: Drilling for Fraud (ft. Red Pepper of Nonsense) We discuss the breatharian diet in central banking where credit is created out of thin air and expected to sustain and nurture the economy. Max suspects that Ben Bernanke is walking on paper, Janet Yellen is doing a Travis Bickle (“You buying from me?”) and both are drilling for fraud with artificially low interest rates. In the second half, Max interviews Stacy Herbert and a red pepper, standing in for Jeremy Scahill, presenter of the documentary film, Dirty Wars. Max and Stacy discuss his film and ask why he didn’t follow the Dirty Money War or provide the context of the history of dirty wars where nuns and dissidents were thrown out of planes across Latin America over a period of decades from the 1950s.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS YouTube is down but The Truth About Markets with Max ‘Get Down’ Keiser is here! Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up, and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream.......
• Scott Horton Radio Show 10/28/13 Michael Swanson: Michael Swanson is the author of The War State: The Cold War Origins Of The Military-Industrial Complex And The Power Elite, 1945-1963. This is the third interview in a series of in-depth discussions about the book.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 11/25/13 Matthieu Aikins: Matthieu Aikins, a contributor to Rolling Stone, discusses the “A-Team killings” involving US special forces in Afghanistan; how withdrawing troops and foreign aid could collapse the Afghan government; and the lack of meaningful investigations of the routine abuse and murder of Afghan civilians.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 11/26/13 Trita Parsi: Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, discusses how the Iran nuclear agreement will help determine Iran’s future for the next few decades.
• Visit his blog Stress. See ScottHorton.org for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• James Capretta of the Ethics & Public Policy Center
• Neera Tanden, President of the Center for American Progress.
• former CIA and NSA Director Michael Hayden
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml