Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
National Health Care Reform will be on the lips of everyone this Sunday. Count how many times the new GOP Talking Point Keyword 'Individual Mandate' gets used! (Read that link! -Ed.) Then Throw a BRICK at whomever said it! Arm yourself with Debunking Canadian health care myths. Leading the pack is Health and Human Services Secretary KATHLEEN SEBELIUS taking the WH limo to This Snufagupolis and John of the State. Be sure to tune in Veep JOE BIDEN on Meet the David to see if ole Joe makes another "provocative" statement. Face the Bob features a good cage match with MITCH MCCONNELL taking on DICK DURBIN. For some real "drama" watch CHUCK GRASSLEY accuse CHRIS DODD and the rest of the Democrats for the stinky economy on FAUX OUTRAGE SUNDAY, channelling Tricky Dick "When OUR guy runs up trillions of debt and starts two wars it's okay. Even patriotic! But YOU! YOU SOCIALSTS!" as Grassley's eyes pop out and Durbin deadpans, "Check please." Look for GREG PALAST on Ring of Fire Radio and in the BTV Alerts below and Stacy posted some good stories at Max Keiser. (Seder is still MIA from Breakroom Live.) To help figure out the GREED FACTOR in our health care system, do read The Cost Conundrum at the New Yorker by Atul Gawande. Also check out Glenn Greenwald @ Salon Tribalistic self-absorption and Major new accountability campaign from the ACLU plus UPDATE III: Greg Sargent is reporting that Nancy Pelosi will announce tonight on MSNBC that she formally opposes the Obama-backed Graham/Lieberman amendment . The Brick TeeVee Crew has been relaxing as the lawns are cut and the garden is in. The garden has already been scoped out by the local suburban deer (a young'un came by this afternoon - musta been the salt lick?). They'll be huddled around the tube Sunday night to watch the Tribe on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. Go Tribe! Enjoy yer Sunday viewing choices!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
SIGN I Support HR 676 (3000 character comment box too!)
Be it Resolved That: We call on our members of Congress to pass HR 676, non-profit Medicare for All, so our people and our nation can have the excellent healthcare system we deserve. Healthcare is a human right, and we call on our members of Congress to recognize that right.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»Police violence against Peruvian Protesters on Democracy NOW!Dozens of people are estimated to have been killed in clashes between police and indigenous activists protesting oil and mining projects in the northern Peruvian Amazonian province of Bagua. Peruvian authorities have declared a military curfew, and troops are patrolling towns in the Amazon jungle. Authorities say up to twenty-two policemen have been killed, and two remain missing. The indigenous community says at least forty people, including three children, were killed by the police this weekend. WATCH Peruvian Police Accused of Massacring Indigenous Protesters in Amazon Jungle
»Greg Palast on GRITtv To chew out this week's news and those that covered it, we're joined by Andrew Tyndall, Greg Palast and Robin Andersen. Then we play a clip from Greg Palast's new DVD: Palast Investigates. Finally we host a discussion on racial politics and social justice with Prof. Kimberle Crenshaw, Martin Macwan and Dr. Jurema Werneck. WATCH Media Roundtable, Greg Palast, and the African American Policy Forum
»IndyCar on ABC It's the Iowa Corn 250 from the 7/8 mile asphalt paved tri-oval Iowa Speedway in Newton Iowa, that hotbed of racing!! Coverage begins at 1:30 pm et
»NASCAR on TNT The Sprint Cup goes to Michigan! Brian Vickers sits on the pole. Coverage begins at 1:30 pm et
»MLB on TBS It's The Subway Series Mets @ Yankees - 1:30 pm et
»Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN St. Louis Cardinals @ Cleveland Indians - 8 pm et
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,312 Military Dead as of June 13, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 704 Military Dead as of June 13, 2009
2,237 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius
• former Republican Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney
• Roundtable: George Will, Donna Brazile, National Journal's Ron Brownstein and Kimberley Strassel of the Wall Street Journal
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• SEN. MITCH MCCONNELL, R-KY. Minority Leader
• SEN. DICK DURBIN, D-ILL. Majority Whip
- 60 Minutes (CBS) Summer Re-broadcasts
• The Man Who Knew Harry Markopolos repeatedly told the Securities and Exchange Commission that Bernie Madoff's investment fund was a fraud. He was ignored, however, and investors lost billions of dollars. Steve Kroft reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• Joe Biden Vice President of the United States
• Mike Murphy Republican Strategist
• Joe Scarborough Host, MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Former U.S. Representative (R-FL)
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius
• Sen. Ben Nelson: (D) Nebraska
• Sen. Susan Collins: (R) Maine
• Sen. Kent Conrad: (D) North Dakota
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union". Howard Kurtz interviews ABC News President David Westin about "The New Normal" -- a network-wide series devoted to what life will be like after the recession ends
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- BREAKROOM LIVE
Mark Maron and Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
See/hear the show at any time of the day. Get Podcasts, video, audio streams and watch show live at Breakroom LIVE! Very cool! Also available weekday MIDNIGHTS at Ohio Majority Radio
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Rolling Stone political correspondent Tim Dickinson will be joining us to talk about the jihad occurring in the GOP – where the old party leaders are attempting to purge anyone who isn’t a hard line republican.
• We’ll also be talking with investigative journalist Greg Palast who’ll give us an update on the lawsuit filed against oil giant Chevron for dumping 18 billion gallons of toxic sludge into the rainforests in Ecuador.
• Author Frank Schaeffer, the man who helped create the religious right, will tell us how he, and many other members of that movement, helped contribute to the recent murder of Dr. Tiller, and he’ll tell us why this group is becoming more and more dangerous everyday.
• And James Ridgeway from Mother Jones magazine will be here to give us the real story about what happened to Dick Cheney on 9/11, and why he was locked in a bunker with GOP operatives, rather than military strategists.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Stacy Summary: Reporting from outside our local Paris cafe, our London Truth About Markets. Download mp3 show here:  The Truth about . . . $134.5 billion in bonds. Also read Soros says credit default swaps should be banned, How is the economy? Depends on how the numbers are rigged and * * * Bill to audit the Fed makes it to House floor * * *
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From June 13, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Winslow T. Wheeler (mp3) Winslow T. Wheeler, Director of the Straus Military Reform Project, discusses the fight between Secretary of Defense Robert Gates and Congress over the Pentagon budget, the neglect of U.S. combat training in favor of expensive weapons systems, the University of Massachusetts at Amherst study of military spending and job creation and how Congress would rather chase Pentagon pork than perform its oversight obligations.
• Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., Banking Committee chair
• Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, Finance Committee ranking member
• Tom Donohue, U.S. Chamber of Commerce president and CEO
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!