Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
D-Day: Wiki explains, "The Normandy landings were the landing operations of the Allied invasion of Normandy, also known as Operation Neptune and Operation Overlord, during World War II. The landings commenced on Tuesday, 6 June 1944 (D-Day), beginning at 6:30 AM British Double Summer Time (UTC+2)". Back then there were the Good Guys (the Allies) and the Bad Guys (the Axis of Germany, Italy and Japan). Today, it seems, there are no "good" guys or "bad" guys on one side or the other. Instead there are transnational actors that do whatever they want whenever they want. Take transnational actor BP who can dictate to the FAA and the U.S Coast Guard and each and every State along the Gulf Coast who gets access and who doesn't. Or perhaps transnational "banks" like JPMC, Goldman-Sachs and others who can CRUSH entire economies at will. Of course we're told that al Qaeiouda are the "bad" actors, "Threats to America and our allies" while transnationals rape, pillage and plunder everywhere they go, leaving pollution and economic decimation in their wake with absolutely no responsibility to clean up the messes they've left. From the old uranium mines in Utah and the old asbestos mines in Montana to the Exxon Valdez, Chevron's pollution in Ecuador, Massey mountaintop destruction, GE's Hudson River PCB contamination and so many more examples of Corporations Gone Wild, the earth and its peoples are left scarred and the companies responsible for the damages get off the hook free and clear of ANY restitution or reparations. Those responsibilities are left to the citizens and their governments to pay for while the Corporations get to keep all their ill-gotten gain. CASE IN POINT: U.S. Supreme Court orders reduction in Exxon Valdez award: WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- The U.S. Supreme Court, in a fractured ruling, said punitive damages are allowed in a lawsuit over the 1989 Valdez oil spill but that lower courts should reduce the $2.5 billion award. Justice David Souter, in the court's majority opinion, said the punitive damages award should be brought into line with $287 million in compensatory damages awarded against Exxon in the lawsuit. "The award here should be limited to an amount equal to compensatory damages," Souter wrote. The case before the court was brought separately by a class of 32,677 fishermen and other interests that had business disrupted by the oil spill. The case has been in litigation for 13 years, a timeframe in which the plaintiffs allege 20% of those eligible for damages have died. The transnationals know they only need to LITIGATE, LITIGATE, LITIGATE, look for technicalities and APPEAL how THEY were wronged, with their armies of attorneys and lobbyists. By the way, the $287M Exxon was "fined" from this SCOTUS ruling dwarfs Exxon shatters profit records: Oil giant makes corporate history by booking $11.7 billion in quarterly profit; earns $1,300 a second in 2007. So even if they LOST in the SCOTUS the $2.5B they were originally ordered to pay STILL would have left them with $9.2B profit from ONE QUARTER! (FYI, both of these articles and their figures are from early 2008). And in an ongoing case Filmmaker's Battle With Chevron Gains Support of The New York Times, ABC, CBS, NBC, HBO, Dow Jones, AP, Hearst, Gannett and The Washington Post: Chevron's attempt to view more than 600 hours of private video outtakes from celebrated filmmaker Joe Berlinger is now being opposed by The New York Times, ABC, CBS, NBC, Dow Jones, the Associated Press, the Hearst Newspapers, the Daily News, and the Gannett Company, according to court papers filed this week by one of the nation's leading First Amendment lawyers. In a "friend of the court" brief filed Tuesday, Abrams wrote that the amount of footage Chevron is seeking from Berlinger appears to be "the largest amount of film outtakes in American history" subject to a subpoena. "Never before … has a court confronted with the journalist's privilege approved production of a body of work approaching the elephantine amount of material at issue here," Abrams wrote in the brief. "Chevron's attempt to see the film footage is a sideshow designed to delay a trial where thousands of indigenous people are seeking relief for an environmental catastrophe created by Chevron," said Ilan Maazel, who represents the plaintiffs. DELAY. STALL. DENY. Look for technicalities. APPEAL. Chevron also had this case MOVED to Ecuador thinking it might have an easier time in an Ecuador Court! See War Paint and Lawyers: Rainforest Indians versus Big Oil at GregPalast.com and CRUDE: The REAL Price of Oil for the back story. Now sit back and watch over these next weeks, months and years how Brilliant Pathologists (BP) will swarm, squirm, wrangle and bend the legal systems in the U.S. in much the same way Exxon and Chevron have done. Meanwhile don't look for Billionaire Profiteer Tony "I want my life back" Hayward on any show this Sunday, who will tell the WH Limo to pick up his lap dog ADMIRAL THAD ALLEN for meet-n-greets on Fake Snooze, Face the Bob, State of the Candy and This Jake. Throw bricks at LIZ CHENEY on This Jake while yer at it and all the other thugs you see. Lastly, we have no words for the illegal actions by Israel against the Free Palestine Aid Flotilla. Please see much more coverage below but we can add this item from Consortium News Gaza Boat Activists Deny Israeli Story By Dennis Bernstein and Jesse Strauss. "With a bloody raid on the “Freedom Flotilla,” Israel has demonstrated, once again, its willingness to kill innocents in order to sustain its punishing blockade on the Gaza strip, even when doing so raises more and more questions about nuclear-armed Israel’s national sanity." You can find our letter to Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and more HERE.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Free Palestine Flotilla @ Democracy NOW! WATCH As Obama Refuses to Condemn Flotilla Assault, Survivors Recount Shootings, Beatings Aboard Mavi Marmara.
»»» USS Liberty Survivor Joe Meadors @ Democracy NOW! WATCH 43 Years After Surviving Israeli Attack on USS Liberty, US Veteran Joe Meadors Seized by Israeli Forces on Gaza Aid Flotilla
»»» Huwaida Arraf, Retired Army Col. Ann Wright @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Flotilla Passengers Huwaida Arraf of Free Gaza Movement and Retired Army Col. Ann Wright Respond to Israeli Claims on Deadly Assault
»»» Ed Peck @ Democracy NOW! Former US Ambassador Edward Peck was on the Gaza aid flotilla that came under attack by Israeli forces. At least nine people were killed and dozens wounded. Peck says Israel’s explanation for the attack is "twisting the truth" and is "as full of holes as a window screen." WATCH Israel’s Explanation for Deadly Gaza Aid Attack "Full of Holes as a Window Screen"–Former US Ambassador Edward Peck
»»» Democracy NOW! in Gulf! Over the past several days, Democracy Now! traveled across the bayous and towns of coastal Louisiana meeting the people on the front lines of the onrush of BP’s oil slick. WATCH On Front Lines of BP Oil Spill: Democracy Now! Travels Across Coastal Louisiana
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» The F Word @ GRITtv A picture's worth a thousand words, but what those words are depends a whole lot in American media, at least, on pre-existing official attitudes. Take the picture of Neda Agha-Soltan -- last year, she became the face of Iranian resistance after a YouTube clip circulated showing the young protestor’s tragic death. Yet the video from the activists on the Freedom Flotilla has been described as a weapon, worthy of attack. WATCH The F Word: Flotilla Video as a Weapon
»»» AZ Immigration law protest @ GRITtv While the world focused on the Freedom Flotilla and the BP oil still pouring into the Gulf, activists from around the U.S. converged in Arizona to protest the state's recent anti-immigrant legislation this past weekend. Recent GRITtv guest Marco Amador was there and sent us this report. WATCH Thousands Protest SB 1070 in Arizona
»»» Jeff Biggers, Stephanie Pistello, Jim Shultz @ GRITtv WATCH Coal Free Future, Still Alive in Gaza, and Jim Shultz
»»» Tennis on NBC French Open: Women’s and Men’s Finals! Coverage begins at 8 am et (no MTP)
»»» NASCAR on FOX Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500 at Pocono Raceway! The Left Turn League gets to make 600 left turns on the 2.5 mile tri-oval! - Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Burnett and Yanks head north to face Jays, 1 ET Sun.
»»» MLB on ESPN Brewers @ Cardinals 8 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERTS!! ©
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND
MOVE TO AMEND.ORG --
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,402 Military Dead as of June 5, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,089 Military Dead as of June 5, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with guest anchor ABC's Jake Tapper
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• Admiral Thad Allen
• Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman John Kerry
• National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman John Cornyn
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Markos Moulitsas, Arianna Huffington and Liz Cheney
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Admiral Thad Allen, U.S. Coast Guard, National Incident Commander
• Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla.
• Sharyl Attkisson, CBS News Investigative Correspondent
• Dan Balz, Washington Post
• Jan Crawford, CBS News Chief Legal Correspondent
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE SWINDLER - To understand how Bernard Madoff could have done what he did, listen to so-called "mini-Madoff" Ponzi schemer Marc Dreier tell Steve Kroft in his first television interview how he scammed $400 million. Ira Rosen is the producer.
• THE CASE AGAINST NADA PROUTY - Former FBI and CIA terrorism fighter Nada Prouty was herself accused of aiding terrorism, but in her first interview, she denies she was anything other than a patriot. Scott Pelley investigates her case. Graham Messick is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Meet the Press will not air this Sunday, June 6, due to coverage of the French Open
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Admiral Thad Allen, U.S. Coast Guard
• Gov. Charlie Crist, I-Fla.
• Lt. Gov. Bill Halter, D-Ark.
• Sen. Blanche Lincoln, D-Ark.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Prayer Meetin' Wednesday! Wednesday June 6, 2010 (mp3) High Pope Brother Bob from the Cathedral of Commen Sense! Amen for White Rose Society for the podcasts!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #137 Published on 04 June 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Jeffrey Kaye on immigration. Kaye is the former correspondent for the PBS Newshour and author of Moving Millions: How Coyote Capitalism Fuels Global Immigration. The book takes a thoughtful look at the complex set of factors that cause people to cross borders for work, the history of waves of migration and American xenophobia, starting with the anti-Chinese actions dating to the late 1800’s. You’ll hear Meg Whitman’s anti-immigrant screed in the current California governor’s race (with a bad cameo from former Gov. Pete Wilson), a discussion of H1-B visas and their abuse by US corporations, and the recent legislation in Arizona. Kaye offers history, economics and context for the so-called “debate” on immigration in the US today, along with rational analysis–all the things that are missing from the mainstream media’s coverage.
• Info on Podcast #136 Published on 24 May 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- California Special! PBC was asked by listener Ethan Knox to comment on the June 8 primary election. While he does not explicitly endorse candidates or tell you how to vote, your over-opinionated humble host is quite willing to tell you how he’s going to vote: Republican. That’s right, as an independent (decline-to-state) voter in California, Mr. Collins will be voting against the mega-wealthy corporate tools, Meg Whitman and Carlyfornication Fiorina. This podcast covers the races for governor, statewide constitutional offices, Barbara Boxer’s Senate seat, and 5 ballot measures, including 2 insidious initiatives openly written and promoted by corporations. And PBC apologizes for the reduced podcast schedule as he leaves for a week’s vacation; he pledges to deliver more podcasts starting in June.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted June 4th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, Joe Brewer from the Cognitive Policy Works institute will be here to tell us how the GOP manipulates people’s emotions, causing them to feel disgusted and repulsed by words like “liberal” and “healthcare reform.”
• Our friend Stephanie Miller will step into the Ring to talk about how Republicans in Fox clothing aren’t doing as well as they like to pretend.
• Congressman Michael Capuano will brief us on his legislative efforts to rein in the influence of big money on the political process and to create a system of real shareholder accountability for these “Corporations Gone Wild!”
• And as part of Ring of Fire Radio’s on-going, exclusive coverage of the worst oil disaster in our nation’s history, Devastation in the Gulf, Casi Callaway from the Mobile Baykeepers will be joining us to talk about the dangerous oil plumes hiding beneath the surface of the Gulf of Mexico that could potentially create hundreds of square miles of new dead zones in the Gulf.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Let’s Start BP Prosecutions Attorney General Eric Holder was on the Gulf Coast to meet with State Attorney Generals about the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. But can we trust an AG who worked at one of the biggest corporate defense firms in the world? Mike Papantonio says no, and he recently went on The Thom Hartmann Program to tell us why, as well as to discuss the latest developments in the case.
• And as always, we’ll be looking at all the news that the corporate-controlled media refuses to cover. And if you want to see the revolving door that has been uncovered between BP and the government, click here!
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Tribalism, Aggression & A Plague Upon the World Stacy Summary:Some opinion pieces that might make this Friday night even hotter than it already is (here in Paris anyway) . . . READ Glenn Greenwald on Tribalism (Salon) AND Paul Craig Roberts on The Plague Upon the World (GlobalResearch.ca)
• Flotilla Death Toll May Rise As Six Activists Still Missing; Autopsies Show The 9 Dead Activists Shot at Close Range, 5 Of Them in the Back, 48 Other Activists Have Gunshot Wounds Stacy Summary: More info about the flotilla massacre. Robert Fisk on the truth about Israeli propaganda. The Economist on what Israel bans from entering the Gaza Ghetto. Congressman Sherman wants to charge American flotilla members under The Anti-Terrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996, says Gazans better fed than those in many US cities. Neo-cons threaten Obama with Israeli strikes on Iran if he condemns Israeli ’shot in the back of the head’ self-defence moves.
• Silver Down 20 Cents, Now if You Could Only Find Somewhere to Buy It . . . [UPDATED] Stacy Summary: Via Zerohedge, silver down as the US mint runs out of silver. Alas, and lol, I guess you can only buy paper silver at these knock down prices . . . . **UPDATE** – From DailyReckoning – US Mint Sold 190,000 one ounce gold American Eagles for May, most in any month since January 1999
• Max Keiser on Dutch Radio – 25 May 2010 Stacy Summary: Took awhile to find this online, but here is a recent interview Max gave with Micha Kat for Dutch radio. It’s all a bunch of Dutch until about 20 minutes in when they begin speaking English with Max. And here is an article the host wrote following the appearance (in Dutch). Download show at link above.
• [OTE57] On the Edge with Paul Craig Roberts Stacy Summary: Paul Craig Roberts, author of new book, How the Economy Was Lost, on outsourcing, libertarians, Israel and the BP oil spill.
• [KR47] Keiser Report on Toxic Twins – Oil Spill & Cash Crisis Stacy Summary: This episode, we compare the BP offshore toxic oil spill crisis to the toxic derivatives spill polluting global financial system. In the second half of the show, Max interviews Heidi Moore of Slate’s TheBigMoney.com about movie futures, financial innovation and financial reform.
• [KR48] Flotilla Hashtag, Free Towels & Mini Max! Stacy Summary: We look at the scandals of “hashtag” propaganda; the revolution of free towels from the Best Party; and trillion dollar wars and security tabs beyond rational explanation. In the second half of the show, Max interviews Edward Harrison of CreditWritedowns.com about China-US as the most worrisome global hotspot, social outrage and rising up in Europe and around the world, and whether or not there is a gold bubble.
•  Truth About Markets – Christchurch, NZ – 01 June 2010 Stacy Summary: 98.5 FM, Christchurch, New Zealand. Chat time. Download show HERE (mp3)
•  The Truth About Markets – London – 05 June 2010 Stacy Summary: Here it is! Hope you are having a good evening . . . Download show HERE (mp3)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Jeremy Scahill (mp3) 10:32 June 5, 2010. Jeremy Scahill, author of Blackwater: The Rise of the World’s Most Powerful Mercenary Army, discusses the few voices of dissent against Israeli apologists for the flotilla attack in US mainstream media, fast and furious IDF press releases that shift the discussion to Hamas and away from the collective punishment of Gaza civilians, the US government’s choice to defend Israel instead of US citizens and the removal of any doubt that Israel has become a pariah state.
• Scott Horton interviews Eric Garris (mp3) 20:48 June 2, 2010. Eric Garris, founder and director of Antiwar.com, discusses the highly restrictive Gaza blockade that subjects 1.5 million residents to collective punishment for electing Hamas, Israel’s surprisingly violent attack on the aid flotilla after allowing half of the previous attempts to pass through, the timid official US response (amid a chorus of international condemnation) to Israel’s killing of humanitarian aid volunteers and why Israel has likely lost its key alliance with Turkey.
• Scott Horton interviews Eric Margolis (mp3) 21:22 June 3, 2010. Internationally syndicated columnist Eric Margolis discusses the indications that US military action in Pakistan will soon escalate beyond drone missile strikes, the ignorance and arrogance of American strategists and policy makers, Israel’s hard working (and busy) propaganda machine and how the US government’s continued willingness to apologize for Israel increases the risk of another 9/11.
• Scott Horton interviews Ray McGovern (mp3) 10:11 June 4, 2010. Ray McGovern, former senior analyst at the CIA, discusses the 1967 Israeli attack on the USS Liberty, LBJ’s personal intervention that stopped the Navy from responding to the Liberty distress call and the two most likely explanations for the attack: Israel’s desire to assault the Golan Heights without US foreknowledge and to cover up the execution of Egyptian prisoners of war.
• Scott Horton interviews Craig and Cindy Corrie (mp3) 44:03 June 4, 2010. Craig and Cindy Corrie, parents of peace activist Rachel Corrie who was killed by an Israeli bulldozer in Gaza in 2003, discuss Rachel’s enthusiastic work on behalf of Palestinian victims of occupation, witnessing firsthand the destructive effects of Operation “Cast Lead,” how Israeli checkpoints fracture communities and prevent a functional Palestinian society, why Israel shouldn’t be trusted to conduct a real investigation of its own crimes and how Rachel’s legacy continues through (among other things) the Rachel Corrie Foundation and the stage play “My Name is Rachel Corrie.”
• Scott Horton interviews Alan Grayson (mp3) 23:29 June 4, 2010. Florida Congressman Alan Grayson discusses his “War Is Making You Poor” bill that seeks to limit war spending and cut income taxes, how ending war spending on Afghanistan would free up enough money to eliminate federal taxes on income under 35k/year, why Israel’s blockade of Gaza is simply to keep Hamas from obtaining weapons and why the link between unconditional US support for Israel and 9/11 isn’t worth commenting on.
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen
• Gov. Haley Barbour, R-Miss.
• Israeli Ambassador to the U.S. Michael Oren.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!