Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
What could be better than waking up on Valentine's Day to some nice fair-trade chocolates and organically-grown red roses, maybe even breakfast in bed? So you turn on your teevee and you get the SCOWLING FACE of DICK CHENEY live and in color? If this scenario makes you a bit queezy then stay away from This Week (with another guest host audition), except for JANE MAYER talking about her latest in the New Yorker The Trial in the February 15, 2010 Issue where she writes, Holder, despite the controversy he has inspired, has not actually pushed for radical change. Indeed, critics in left-leaning legal circles have complained that he has kept too many of George W. Bush’s counterterrorism policies in place. For example, Holder’s Justice Department has continued blocking lawsuits by people who were subjected to extraordinary rendition—the practice of sending suspected terrorists captured abroad to countries known for administering torture—on the ground that such litigation would expose state secrets. Even some former members of the Bush Administration see more continuity than change. Bradford Berenson, who served as a White House lawyer when the Bush Administration was forging its controversial legal approach to terrorism, told me that “from the perspective of a hawkish Bush national-security person the glass is eighty-five per cent full in terms of continuity.” Terry Gross interviews Jane on Eric Holder And The Politics Of Terrorism Trials: Fresh Air Feb. 9 2010. Of course the Obama Admin jumps into action and send the WH Limo for Veep JOE BIDEN on Meet the David and Face the Bob with NAT-SEC guy GEN. JAMES JONES riding shotgun on State of the Candy with the requisite regressive JON KYL to throw lie-bombs straight off the GOPher weekend talking points. JONES then skeedaddles to FAKE NEWS (We LIE You Decide) to battle LINDSAY "very bigoted and not-polite" GRAHAM. 60 Minutes has a piece on DAVOS and a follow-up on BERNIE MADOFF's tricks-of-the-trade. The BTV Alerts are chock-a-block with REAL journalism with DENNIS AND GLENN AND DANNY, plus CHRIS HEDGES wtih PBC and Max interviews MISH SHEDLOCK while Ring Of Fire gets SHELDON WHITEHOUSE. Plenty to check out this Valentine Sunday for sure! The Brick TeeVee Crew lost interest in the Olympics back in 2002 so the only thing they've seen so far is k.d.lang knocking it outta the park while basking in the CLE CAVS 13-game franchise-tying winning streak going into the All-Star Game. Not to worry, Pitchers and Catchers report to Spring Training THIS WEEK! Of course The Crew will be watching 200-mph racing, rooting on pole-sitter MARK MARTIN but watch out for KEVIN HARVICK who won the Bud Shoot-out and looks mighty fast too. Happy Valentine's Day from all of us at Brick TeeVee!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Dennis Kucinich and Glenn Greenwald @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Rep. Dennis Kucinich v. Glenn Greenwald on the Supreme Court’s Landmark Campaign Finance Ruling on Corporate Money
»»» MORE DENNIS AND GLENN @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Obama Administration: US Forces Can Assassinate Americans Believed to Be Involved in Terrorist Activity
»»» Danny Glover @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Actor, Activist Danny Glover: Former Haitian President Jean-Bertrand Aristide “Mystified” at US Resistance to His Return
»»» Charter Schools Debate @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Roundtable: Do Charter Schools Worsen Inequality of Two-Tiered Education System, or Help Address It?
»»» Olympics Protests @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Vancouver Activists Greet Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony with People’s Summit, Protest Feb 12 2010 - The 2010 Winter Olympic Games are opening today in Vancouver. Large-scale protests are planned over the weekend. The Olympic Resistance Network has organized a people’s summit to coincide with the Games’ opening ceremonies. Franklin Lopez of the Vancouver Media Co-op filed this report. [includes rush transcript]
»»» Health Care Not Dead Yet @ GRITtv Health care reform isn't dead yet, and a coalition of progressive groups, including Bold Progressives and Democracy for America, are increasing the pressure in Washington for Democrats to pass reform--by any means necessary. WATCH Progressives on the Offensive
»»» Iran's Political Unrest @ GRITtv Not long ago on GRITtv, Hamid Dabashi told us that the Iranian protests are turning into a civil rights movement with long-term potential for change. As opposition leaders call for more protests and the Ahmadinejad regime executes those who speak out against it, Obama ramps up calls for sanctions over nuclear enhancement. WATCH Iran: Revolution or Civil Rights Movement?
»»» Week in Review: Abolish The Senate? @ GRITtv What can we change? Would eliminating the filibuster–the so-called “nuclear option” back when Republicans were suggesting it–be enough, or is the Senate, with its two-Senators-per-state-regardless-of-population mandate, just too fundamentally undemocratic? We ask the New Yorker’s Hendrik Hertzberg, author of ¡OBÁMANOS!: The Rise of a New Political Era, Lawrence Lessig, Harvard professor and author of a new Nation cover story on the subject, and Nancy Scola of the Personal Democracy Forum. WATCH Week in Review: Should We Do Away With the Senate?
»»» NASCAR 2010 Daytona 500 on FOX It's the 52nd running of the Great American Race! Mark Martin is the pole sitter, the oldest driver to win the pole at a young 51. Coverage begins at NOON et. Let's go racin'!
»»» 2010 NBA ALL-STAR GAME on TNT The 59th NBA All-Star Game will be played on Feb. 14 at the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington and will feature a crowd that could break the all-time NBA attendance record. Coverage begins at 7 pm et.
BTV ACTION ALERT!! ©
MOVE TO AMEND
We Move to Amend. @ www.movetoamend.org
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United, and move to amend our Constitution to:
* Firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
* Guarantee the right to vote and to participate, and to have our votes and participation count.
* Protect local communities, their economies, and democracies against illegitimate "preemption" actions by global, national, and state governments.
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
We won’t sit by ...while the bankers and militarists plunder this country and send our loved ones to fight in a war for empire!
When tens of thousands march in Washington, D.C., San Francisco and Los Angeles on March 20 – we are going to tie together the issue of endless war and skyrocketing unemployment and poverty. If we don’t act, no one will.
Take to streets. Tell every family and friend, co-worker and fellow student that it's time to get on the bus. It’s time for the people to speak out. It’s time to raise hell! Get ON DA BUS HERE!
This is a huge undertaking and we can't do it without the help of thousands of people like you who are opposing the expanding wars and occupations. Please make your contribution today.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,376 Military Dead as of Feb 12, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 989 Military Dead as of Feb 12, 2010
2,444 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC) with Guest anchor, ABC News Congressional Correspondent Jonathan Karl
• former Vice President Dick Cheney
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Peter Beinart of the Daily Beast, Paul Gigot of the Wall Street Journal, and the New Yorker's Jane Mayer
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Vice President Joe Biden
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• MADE IN THE USA - Could crucial parts of the equipment Iran is using in its uranium enrichment facility have come from the U.S.? American law enforcement authorities say sensitive devices and electronics that could be used in weapons of mass destruction are being smuggled into Iran. Lesley Stahl reports. Shachar Bar-On and Meghan Frank are the producers.
• DAVOS- Nowhere in the world can such a concentration of power be found than at the World Economic Forum's meeting in Davos, Switzerland, where the world's most powerful and influential people gather yearly to try to solve the world's most pressing problems. Scott Pelley reports. Michael Karzis is the producer.
• PIGEON FEVER - It's been just over a year since Bernard Madoff's multi-billion dollar Ponzi scheme fell apart. But, as Morley Safer reports, despite all the news about the Madoff scandal, similar Ponzi scams are still thriving. David Browning and Diane Beasley are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN
• ROUNDTABLE: The New York Times' DAVID BROOKS and MSNBC's RACHEL MADDOW; plus two political insiders -- Fmr. Rep. HAROLD FORD JR. (D-TN) and Rep. AARON SCHOCK (R-IL).
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
State of the Union with Candy Crowley offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from Sunday, 9am - 10am and NOON - 1pm et
• National Security Adviser, General James Jones
• Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Arizona).
• ROUNDTABLE: CNN's senior White House correspondent Ed Henry, CNN political analyst Gloria Borger, and Julie Mason from the Washington Examiner.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY : A Reading from the BOOK of CLEAMONS! Wednesday, FEB 10 2010 (mp3). Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #95 Published on 09 FEB 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Journalist and author Chris Hedges on Obama, Afghanistan and the media. This is the next installment in the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Chris Hedges gives us a quick sketch of his latest book Empire of Illusion: The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle. He discusses the real role of the US media as one of the main culprits in promoting a sense of exceptionalism by disseminating fantasy, and poisoning civil and political discourse with entertainment and trivia. He talks about the spectacle surrounding Barrack Obama’s presidential campaign and his function as a brand just like any other commercial commodity brand advertised and promoted by corporations, the last decade’s coup d’etat in slow motion, and much more!
• Info on Podcast #96 Published on 11 FEB 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Alabama sleaze, hardball in hydroponics. Alabama blogger Roger Shuler returns with a report from the Deep South. He comments on Sen. Shelby’s abusive hold on Obama appointments and Sen. Session’s homophobic opposition to lifting Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. While Shelby has blocked appointments, Obama has left partisan Republicans in critical US Attorney jobs, including Leura Canary in Alabama...Shuler also updates the Siegelman appeals and reports that debt collectors played a key role in Sen. Brown’s recent Massachusetts election. Big Mike Straumietis, CEO of Advanced Nutrients, charges that hydroponic equipment producers are colluding against him and threatening retailers because he openly supports medical marijuana cultivation. His new magazine is Rosebud.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy and Mike Papantonio - Politics, Commentary, and News.
Now with mp3 downloads of this week's show! Listen HERE!
• Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will be joining us to talk about why Congress must take up the issue of job creation and how this issue will help put our economy back on the right path.
• We’ll also be talking with Chris Paine, director of the NRDC’s nuclear program, about the president’s recent announcement that he would be putting more funding behind nuclear technology.
• We’ll also talk with comedian Matt Filipowicz about some of the most bizarre and absurd news stories that made headlines in the past week.
• And we'll take a look at the racist past of James O'Keefe with author Max Blumenthal. For Max's article about O'Keefe click here!
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• [KR16] Keiser Report from the Kremlin – Markets! Finance! Scandal! Stacy Summary: Here is our Kremlin special; with guest, Sergei Guriev.
• Rigging Robin Hood and Indicting for Theft of Market Rigging Technology Stacy Summary: Though I wouldn’t put it past Goldman, the first headline of vote rigging of an online poll claims sounds like a very obvious publicity ploy on the part of the Robin Hood Tax site; but the second headline suggests Goldman and their DOJ are certain they can keep secret how their HFT skims markets, or perhaps they are just counting on the population not caring or understanding what is revealed in court? READ Goldman faces Robin Hood tax vote rigging claims (Telegraph UK) AND Sergey Aleynikov indicted for ’stealing’ Goldman Sachs’ proprietary market rigging technology (HuffPo)
• [OTE40] On the Edge with Max Keiser – 12 February 2010 Stacy Summary: Here it is! Guest is Mish Shedlock.
• 1106] The Truth About Markets – 13 February 2010 Stacy Summary: Goooooood evening. The Truth About Markets, London. Enjoy! Download show HERE (mp3).
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Charles Goyette (mp3) 34:06 Feb 13 2010. Charles Goyette, former co-contributor to Antiwar Radio and author of The Dollar Meltdown: Surviving the Impending Currency Crisis with Gold, Oil, and Other Unconventional Investments, discusses the FED’s attempt to prevent inflation after creating trillions in new money, our dim future of resource scarcity and martial law, the hyperinflation tipping-point ratio of deficit to national budget reached by the US, the looming reality of US sovereign debt default and the delusion.of US fiscal solvency that exists only in the minds of Americans.
• Scott Horton interviews Gareth Porter (mp3) 16:44 Feb 13 2010. Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for Inter Press Service discusses Hamid Karzai’s increased willingness to make a deal with the Taliban, the US determination to militarily weaken the Taliban before negotiating and the disastrous Afghan strategy born from a compromise between US political and military goals.
• Gen. Jim Jones, White House national security adviser
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!