Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
The U.S Economy is in dire need of some sensible eXtra Large IntraVenous injection (XL-IV). Instead some VERY HEAVY HITTERS of U.S Economic Policy for the LAST TWO DECADES will do their economic-speak-in-tongues best this Sunday: Treasury Secretary (used to work for Kissinger Associates and the IMF) TIMMY GEITHNER on This Diane and Treasury Secretary under gwb (and driver of the bus) HANK PAULSON (I-Goldman) and ALAN "I made a mistake in presuming that the self-interests of organisations, specifically banks and others, were such that they were best capable of protecting their own shareholders and their equity in the firms" GREENSPAN on Meet the David. JOSEPH STIGLTZ notes in The Guardian Unfettered markets may have caused this calamity, and markets by themselves won't get us out, at least any time soon. Government action is needed, and that will require effective and forceful political leadership. Correspondent Prairie 2 notes in GDP up, Economy down "Friday has so far brought us five more bank chains that have failed in the US and they may not be done for the day. The cost will approach two billion USD or more and of course what ever poor saps that had bought the stock of these banks have been wiped out. These events too have no effect on Wall Street since they don’t give a damn what goes on in the real world as long as their 100 million dollar bonus checks clear the bank." Haha. And if you think THAT was a hoot CANUCK STEVIE HARPER is gonna host the G7 meeting at the North Pole! See G-7 heads to Canadian Arctic for environment discussion (ap @ usatoday): Climate change is altering the Arctic geography by melting ice and creating open waterways, and with them new access to a bonanza of minerals, petroleum and polar shipping routes. This has led to a welter of conflicting claims by Canada's neighbors, including Russia. ~ Average February temperatures fall to minus 32 degrees C (minus 25 degrees F), and that's not counting wind chill.. Not too many protesters at the North Pole (ya think? Shades of Jeckyl's Island?) but don't forget Santa Elves are UNIONIZED! Haha! Face the Bob is all about Superbowl. PROGRAMMING NOTE: CNN's John King has relinquished the lagging 4-hour "State of the King" so Candy Crowley gets the NEW ONE-HOUR "State of the Union" now at 9 AM Eastern AND PACIFIC with the resurrected (worthless) "Reliable Sources" with Putz Kurtz at 8 am et and Tri-Lateral Commission member Fareed Zakaria GPS at 10 am et then "Amanpour" at 11 am et. BRICK THROWING SPECIAL! Governor-that-quit-turned-GOP-evangelist-at-large Sarah Palin gets the FULL HOUR on FAKE NEWS! Tune in for the comic relief! Back to the reality-based world with SCOTT HORTON and The Guantánamo “Suicides”: A Camp Delta sergeant blows the whistle. We featured SCOTT HORTON last week and urge you to listen to SCOTT HORTON @ PBC Podcast #91 and AntiWar Radio if you missed these last week. Read SCOTT HORTON'S blog for more info at No Comment at Harper's plus see his FSTV interview in BTV alerts. Bobby is back this week at Ring of Fire Radio (now syndicated by Westwood One), Max has CATHERINE AUSTIS FITTS while AntiWar interviews GARETH PORTER about the current Afghanistan situation. All good! Or bad, depending on your viewpoint. But all worth your consideration! The Brick TeeVee Crew thinks they have a workable recipe for Tailgate Beer Omlettes. Kid Leo (of CLE OH's WMMS "Bookie Joint" fame and LittleStevensUnderground DJ) says "Lay the points, Colts" but the BTV Crew is looking for a WHO DAT NATION UPSET and like the UNDER (54 1/2). Pig out, America, while Rome burns!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» journalist Anand Gopal @ Democracy NOW! WATCH “America’s Secret Afghan Prisons”: Investigation Unearths New US Torture Site, Abuse Allegations in Afghanistan
»»» Bill Quigley, Legal director at the Center for Constitutional Rights @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Torture, Rendition Victim Maher Arar Asks Supreme Court to Allow Suit Against US Gov’t
»»» Robert McChesney and John Nichols @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Robert McChesney and John Nichols on “The Death and Life of American Journalism: The Media Revolution that Will Begin the World Again”
»»» Jay Coghlan, Executive Director of Nuclear Watch of New Mexico. @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Despite Non-Proliferation Pledge, Obama Budget Request Seeks Additional $7B for Nuclear Arsenal
»»» NEW! Scott Horton @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Backtracking on Earlier Findings, Justice Dept. Said to Clear Bush Admin Attorneys of Authorizing Torture
»»» Week in Review: Whose News? @ GRITtv Discussions on the future of journalism are happening so often now that they’re almost trite. But Robert McChesney, John Nichols, Tracy Van Slyke and Kate Giammarise are not only interested in saving journalism; they’re interested in having all of us have a say. WATCH Week in Review: Whose News Is It, Anyway?
»»» Landrieu "Bumbling Buggers"Investigation @ GRITtv Yesterday, Laura called our attention to the strange tale of the attempt at bugging Senator Mary Landrieu’s New Orleans office, noting the stories uncovered by indie reporters connecting the dots between the ACORN sting, the break-in, and funding flowing into universities from the nation’s intelligence agencies–as well as right-wing organizations. Featuring David Price and Lindsay Beyerstein. WATCH Week in Review: Bumbling Buggers or Intelligence Operatives?
»»» Superbowl XLIV on CBS Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints from Dolphin Stadium in Miami, Fla. Kickoff schedlued for 6:25 pm, coverage begins most likely as soon as you crawl out of bed Sunday!
BTV ACTION ALERT!! ©
MOVE TO AMEND
We Move to Amend. @ www.movetoamend.org
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United, and move to amend our Constitution to:
* Firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
* Guarantee the right to vote and to participate, and to have our votes and participation count.
* Protect local communities, their economies, and democracies against illegitimate "preemption" actions by global, national, and state governments.
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,375 Military Dead as of Feb 5, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 984 Military Dead as of Feb 5, 2010
2,444 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC) with Diane Sawyer
• Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Bloomberg's Al Hunt, Peggy Noonan of the Wall Street Journal, Ruth Marcus of the Washington Post, and John Podesta of the Center for American Progress
- Face The Nation (CBS) live from Sun Life Stadium in Miami, the site of Super Bowl XLIV
• NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
• CBS Sports commentator Shannon Sharpe
• CBS Sports commentator Phil Simms
• CBS Sports commentator Jim Nantz
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 60 MINUTES will not be seen this week due to the CBS Sports presentation of Super Bowl XLIV, Sunday Feb. 7.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• JOHN BRENNAN Deputy National Security Adviser, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
• HENRY PAULSON Fmr. Treasury Secretary & Author, "On the Brink: Inside the Race to Stop the Collapse of the Global Financial System"
• ALAN GREENSPAN Fmr. Federal Reserve Chairman
• ROUNDTABLE: Former Chairman of the Republican National Committee ED GILLESPIE and Fmr. Clinton White House Press Secretary DEE DEE MYERS.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
State of the Union with Candy Crowley offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from Sunday, 9am - 10am and NOON - 1pm et
• EXCLUSIVE interview Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
• Dana Bash, CNN's Senior Congressional Correspondent
• Chris Cilizza, Washington Post White House Correspondent
• Jane Mayer, Staff Writer for The New Yorker
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY : Brother Flush Flemball testifies! Wednesday, FEB 3 2010 (mp3). Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #92 Published on 01 FEB 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Jason Leopold on whitewash for Bybee/Yoo; Brad Friedman on O’Keefe/Breitbart scam to tamper with Sen. Landrieu’s phones. Leopold is deputy managing editor at Truthout and has closely followed of the torture memos written by John Yoo and approved by Jay Bybee. ~ Friedman, whose Bradblog is celebrating its 6th anniversary, has done an excellent job unraveling the tactics of O’Keefe–first in the ACORN hatchet job, and now with his Jan 25 arrest for trying to tamper with phones at Sen. Landrieu’s office in New Orleans.
• Info on Podcast #93 Published on 02 FEB 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Dr. Nafeez Ahmed provides us with an overview of the role played by US military and intelligence practices in the creation of terrorism, particularly Al-Qaeda. This is the next edition of the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds.
• Info on Podcast #94 Published on 04 FEB 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Journalist Anand Gopal on night raids and secret prisons in Afghanistan; Robert Parry on the partisanship of Supreme Court, Inc. Gopal has covered the war in Afghanistan for the Wall street Journal and the Christian Science Monitor. This interview is based on his latest report, published in The Nation. Bob Parry is a longtime contributor to the PBC show, and we discuss his thoughtful analysis of the recent Supreme Court decision allowing corporations to inject unlimited amounts into candidate campaigns.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio
Ring of Fire will continue to air this weekend and will be syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy and Mike Papantonio - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• Stephanie Miller
• Congressman Jerrold Nadler
• Jeff Ruch from PEER
• Dr. Mark Hyman and his wife Dr. Pier Boutin on Haiti
• Pap's last interview with the late great Howard Zinn
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• A strategic default tipping point, dementia and the enemy at home Stacy Summary: Those dementia numbers sound pretty extreme, wonder if they are counting crazy financial products? Anyway, these are some headlines I am reading at CDG Airport. READ Dementia ‘costing £23 billion per year’ (Independent UK) AND The enemy is at home (Mish) AND Is the US reaching a strategic tipping point? (NakedCapitalism.com)
• [OTE39] On the Edge with Max Keiser – 06 February 2010 Stacy Summary: With guest, Catherine Austin Fitts.
• [KR14] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Scandal! Stacy Summary: Here it is. We have walked sooooooo much today, back and forth across the entire city and just walked back from Kremlin / Red Square where I think we were the only two people there. Boy is it cold and the weather report is for even colder weather tomorrow . . .
•  The Truth About Markets – London – 06 February 2010 Stacy Summary: The Truth About Markets . . . from Moscow. Download show HERE (mp3).
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Muhammad Sahimi (mp3) 31:34 Feb 03 2010. Muhammad Sahimi, Professor of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science at the University of Southern California, discusses the newest round of proposed US sanctions on Iran, the odd idea that choking off supplies of refined petroleum will pressure Iran to give up uranium enrichment, how sanctions will effectively impose a gasoline tax on ordinary Iranians and consolidate the power of the Revolutionary Guard, generous concessions made by moderate Iranian presidents that were rebuffed by the Clinton and Bush administrations and the new doubts about Iran’s supposed nuclear “breakout” capability.
• Scott Horton interviews Gareth Porter (mp3) 37:15 Feb 03 2010. Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for Inter Press Service, discusses the Obama administration’s inability to negotiate an Afghan peace deal, differing opinions on whether the troop surge will ultimately help or hurt U.S. diplomatic leverage with the Taliban, the possibility a constitutional rewrite will bring back Sharia law and snuff out Afghanistan’s fledgling “democracy”, the high likelihood of renewed civil war even with a U.S.-brokered peace deal and the slightly improved Afghan justice system that allows defense lawyers but rejects acquittals.
• This week, Sarah Palin will be our special guest from Nashville, Tennessee where she is the keynote speaker at the National Tea Party Convention.
Let us know what you want to ask the former vice presidential nominee in her first Sunday show interview! (click through for a wealth of comedic material ! -Ed.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!