Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Attack of the Governors! Governors from around the country flock to get face time on the Big Networks, led by THE GOVERNATOR himself on This (not) George facing off against PA's ED RENDELL. FAKE SNOOZE snags JENNIFER GRANHOLM (D-MI) to match wits and the canned responses from HALEY BARBOUR (R-MS) while State of the Candy gets DEVAL PATRICK (D-MA) to talk trash at JIM DOUGLAS (R-VT) in that cute DLC-our health-care-reform-is-working kinda way with EX-NJ-GUV JON CORZINE filling in the blanks (nice re-election campaign there, eh?). Meet the David snags a solo appearance with Leading Regressive TIM PAWLENTY (R-MN) with his henchman-teabagger-obstructionist-deconstructionalist buddy MIKE PENCE (R-IN) on the roundtable! 60Minutes has some interesting stuff on the on-going sad saga of BLACKWATER USA and the absolutely ridiculous rebuilding of GROUND ZERO nearly a decade later. You have much better luck in the BTV ALERTS with JOE STIGLITZ, GEORGE MONBIOT, THOMAS GEOGHEGAN and HARVEY WASSERMAN who pens at HuffPo Obama's Atomic Blunder "Georgia has been targeted largely because its regulators have demanded ratepayers put up the cash for the reactors as they're being built. Florida and Georgia are among a small handful of states taxing electric consumers for projects that cannot come on line for many years, and that may never deliver a single electron of electricity." See Brick TeeVee SOTU Wrap: Groundhog Day? for a further discussion of this abomination (OBAMANATION?) of U.S. nuclear policy. Add any news item on this topic you see, for safekeeping and reference. Meanwhile PBC continues with the "Boiling Frogs" series with COLEEN CROWLEY plus Middle East Expert JUAN COLE, while AntiWar Radio has The Other SCOTT HORTON to discuss the Gitmo "suicides" at Kamp No. MAX KEISER has some informative items while Ring of Fire Radio gets HENRY ROLLINS to talk about the teabagger "movement" and ROBERT GREENWALD. Brick TeeVee welcomes ACTION POINT WITH CYNTHIA BLACK now available all weekend on the HEAD ON RADIO weekend rotation. We hope to get the mp3 links soon. Tune in! The Brick TeeVee crew has been dealing with getting the new BTV Web Server on-line and rebuilding a workstation after its MoBo smoked. We seem to have things under control hardware-wise finally and the workstation took the XP install CD after about four dozen tries and a lot of technical ju jitsu (stupid CMOS and SATA drivers). The Brick TeeVee Crew STRONGLY RECOMMENDS you make back-ups of your most important stuff you have now because there are only TWO KINDS OF HARD DRIVES: the ones that HAVE failed and the ones the WILL fail. Caveat Emptor and all that. Have a great Sunday and next week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» George Monbiot @ Democracy NOW! We speak to author and columnist George Monbiot, who has begun a campaign encouraging citizen’s arrests of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair for crimes against peace in Iraq. WATCH George Monbiot: UK Inquiry “Toothless” and “Feeble” in Probing Origins of Iraq War
»»» Joe Stiglitz @ Democracy NOW! We speak to Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz, who says the stimulus was both not big enough and too focused on tax cuts.WATCH Nobel Economist Joseph Stiglitz on Obama’s Stimulus Plan, Debt, Climate Change, and “Freefall: America, Free Markets, and the Sinking of the World Economy”
»»» Harvey Wasserman @ Democracy NOW! We speak to independent journalist and longtime anti-nuclear activist Harvey Wasserman, who helped found the grassroots movement against nuclear power in the United States in the 1970s. WATCH “A Bad Day for America”: Anti-Nuclear Activist Harvey Wasserman Criticizes Obama Plan to Fund Nuclear Reactors
»»» Thomas Geoghegan @ Democracy NOW! We speak with attorney and writer Thomas Geoghegan, a vocal advocate of ending the filibuster.WATCH Thomas Geoghegan on the Case for Busting the Filibuster
»»» GRITtv HAS MOVED! Find us at www.lauraflanders.com/grittv/
»»» Dean Baker and Zhinan @ GRITtv Every week on GRITtv, we discuss the week in news: stories that made a splash, stories that were ignored, stories that were covered well, or stories that were covered badly.... WATCH Media Panel, Dean Baker and Zhinan
»»» Tactical Technology Collective @ GRITtv From our friends at Tactical Technology Collective, this video explains how activists around the world can use video and new media to organize people in new and exciting ways.... WATCH Tactical Technology Collective: Mobilize People
»»» NASCAR on FOX It's the Auto Club 500 from Fontana CA! Jamie McMurray is on the pole. Coverage begins at 3 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERT!! ©
MOVE TO AMEND
We Move to Amend. @ www.movetoamend.org
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United, and move to amend our Constitution to:
* Firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
* Guarantee the right to vote and to participate, and to have our votes and participation count.
* Protect local communities, their economies, and democracies against illegitimate "preemption" actions by global, national, and state governments.
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
We won’t sit by ...while the bankers and militarists plunder this country and send our loved ones to fight in a war for empire!
When tens of thousands march in Washington, D.C., San Francisco and Los Angeles on March 20 – we are going to tie together the issue of endless war and skyrocketing unemployment and poverty. If we don’t act, no one will.
Take to streets. Tell every family and friend, co-worker and fellow student that it's time to get on the bus. It’s time for the people to speak out. It’s time to raise hell! Get ON DA BUS HERE!
This is a huge undertaking and we can't do it without the help of thousands of people like you who are opposing the expanding wars and occupations. Please make your contribution today.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,376 Military Dead as of Feb 19, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 999 Military Dead as of Feb 19 2010
2,451 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC) with Guest anchor, ABC News Congressional Correspondent Jonathan Karl
• California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (R)
• Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell (D)
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Arianna Huffington of the Huffington Post, political strategist Matthew Dowd and Democratic Strategist Donna Brazile.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Colin Powell, former Secretary of State and former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• BLACKWATER 61 - "Blackwater 61" is the call sign of a plane flown by the embattled government contractor Blackwater that crashed into a mountain in Afghanistan killing all onboard. The widow of one of the soldiers killed - a pilot herself - says the firm was negligent in the way it operated the flight. Steve Kroft reports. Draggan Mihailovich is the producer
• THE BLOOM BOX - Large corporations in California have been secretly testing a new device that can generate power on the spot, without being connected to the electric grid. They're saying it's efficient, clean, and saves them money. Will we have one in every home someday? Lesley Stahl reports. Shachar Bar-On is the producer.
• GROUND ZERO - It's been eight years since the attack on the World Trade Center and billions of dollars have been spent, yet none of the promised buildings and memorial has been completed in what its developer calls "a national disgrace." Scott Pelley reports. Shawn Efran and Catherine Herrick are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• GENERAL DAVID PETRAEUS Commander, U. S. Central Command
• GOV. TIM PAWLENTY (R-MN)
• ROUNDTABLE: Washington Post Columnist E. J. DIONNE, Wall Street Journal Columnist PEGGY NOONAN, Chairman of the House Republican Conference, Rep. MIKE PENCE (R-IN) and Chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Rep. CHRIS VAN HOLLEN (D-MD).
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
State of the Union with Candy Crowley offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from Sunday, 9am - 10am and NOON - 1pm et
• Governor Deval Patrick (D-Massachusetts)
• Governor Jim Douglas (R-Vermont)
• Rep. Susan Molinari (R-New York)
• former Governor and Senator Jon Corzine (D-New Jersey)
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY : A Reading from a local "Day in the Life" from Mount Snowbegone! Wednesday, February 17th, 2010 (mp3). Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- NEW! ACTION POINT with Cynthia Black on HEAD ON RADIO!
"Solution Politics" Talk Radio Streaming weekends from Head On Radio Network LIVE Saturdays 7pm - 10pm (ET) with repeats all weekend! Pick your HEAD ON STREAMING HERE! TUNE IN NOW!
ACTION POINT: Saturday: 2-20, 2010: Back to the (environmentally concerned, recession-hit, progressive) Future!
• 7P EDT: Hour One: Co-founder and Executive Director of Community Wealth, TED HOWARD.
• 8P: Hour Two: TED HOWARD continued.
• 9P: Hour Three: Editor-in Chief of progressive online mainstay BUZZFLASH, MARK KARLIN joins me for our first interview looking at progressive malaise– its causes and downside effects– and how we need to rethink the progressive movement today.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #98 Published on 16 FEB 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Coleen Rowley, 24-yr-FBI agent, on recent terror plots and the 9/11 Commission. This is another edition of the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Rowley shares with us her views on the latest spectacle surrounding the Christmas Day foiled terrorist attempt, and how it reflects on policies that were implemented after 9/11. She provides us with insight into the pretend investigations carried out by the 9/11 Commission, and how they conducted many of their interviews of FBI witnesses and experts inside the FBI HQ and offices. Ms. Rowley talks about the absence of real investigations and accountability in almost any government related wrongdoing, our shameful treatment of inmates at Guantanamo, the alarming desensitization of our people bolstered by the culprit mainstream media, and much more.
• Info on Podcast #99 Published on 17 FEB 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Prof. Juan Cole on Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Kevin Kamps on Obama’s nuclear gamble. Prof. Cole teaches history at U of Michigan, and writes the Informed Comment blog, a great resource on America’s wars. We talk about the draw down of US troops in Iraq and Cole is optimistic about full withdrawal by the end of 2010. He describes the jockeying in Iraq over the March 7 elections and the influence of Iran and Ahmed Chalabi on the process. He details the capture of Mullah Baradar–the military leader of the “old” Taliban–by Pakistani and US operatives, and offers candid comments about the new US attack on Marjah. Kamps is an expert on nuclear waste at the think tank founded by Dr. Helen Caldicott, Beyond Nuclear and he is sharply critical of Obama’s decision to provide loan guarantees for Southern Co.’s plans to build two new nukes in Georgia so taxpayers take the risk and the utility takes the profits. In addition to the financial risk, Kamps talks about the fallacy that nukes are safe for people and the environment and the false promise that a blue ribbon panel can resolve the nuclear waste issues.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• This week on Ring of Fire, rocker, author, and activist Henry Rollins will be joining us to talk about his latest tour, his recent role on the hit show Sons of Anarchy, and we’ll get his thoughts on Sarah Palin and the tea party movement.
• Congressman Chris Van Hollen will be here to tell us about his efforts (along with Senator Chuck Schumer) to introduce legislation to undo the Supreme Court’s recent Citizens’ United decision.
• Robert Greenwald from Brave New Films will talk to us about the History Channel’s smear campaign against the Kennedy family, and about his Stop Kennedy Smears campaign – http://stopkennedysmears.com/
• And Mother Jones’ reporter Andy Kroll will be here to tell us about the deceitful companies that are handling your mortgage, and how these companies are stepping up their efforts to foreclose people’s homes, even if they’ve made all their mortgage payments.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• [KR18] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Scandal! – 18 February 2010 Stacy Summary: As always, will post the youtube version when/if that becomes available.
• Peddling the war on that noun: Murdering, torturing and spying Stacy Summary: Here is a thread devoted to the state murdering, torturing and spying on us all, not just the victims of the fake war on terror. Trafficking in fakes, of course, is far more profitable than the real thing. READ US school district spied on students at home using remote access to webcams (Guardian UK) AND Governments around the world admit they carry out false flag attacks (NakedCapitalsim) PLUS Whitehall denies knowledge of Dubai plot (Guardian UK) WITH UK human rights watchdog demands inquiry into claims of complicity in torture (Times of London) ALSO Terrorism: the most meaningless and manipulated word (Glenn Greenwald @ Salon)
• [OTE41] On the Edge with Max Keiser Stacy Summary: Here it is!
•  The Truth About Markets – New Zealand – 17 February 2010 Stacy Summary: No new Truth About Markets today; but, as I forgot to post this earlier in the week . . . here is Truth About Markets Christchurch. Download show HERE (mp3).
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews The Other Scott Horton (mp3) 36:57 Feb 18 2010. The Other Scott Horton (no relation), international human rights lawyer, professor and contributing editor at Harper’s magazine, discusses renowned forensic pathologist Michael Baden’s skepticism about the Guantanamo “suicides” autopsies, the newest Seton Hall Law School report that rebuts the Pentagon response to their previous Gitmo expose, the known existence of sworn statements written by Camp Delta witnesses that have yet to be released, major news media reports on the “suicides” that should be forthcoming and Rahm Emanuel’s tight control over Attorney General Eric Holder and any possible Bush administration prosecutions.
• Scott Horton interviews Grant F. Smith (mp3) 28:17 Feb 13 2010. Grant F. Smith, director of the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy in Washington, D.C., discusses the US Treasury’s Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence (TFI) that is closely allied with the Israel lobby and enforces sanctions on Iran, how sanctions and embargoes punish the law abiding and make billionaires out of black market operators, Israel’s importation of Iran-sourced pistachios that violates its own “Trading With the Enemy Act” and how the debate over Iran’s nuclear program diverts attention away from the intractable Palestinian problem.
• Sen. Mitch McConnell, (R) Kentucky - Senate Minority Leader
• Gov. Haley Barbour, (R) Mississippi - Chairman, Republican Governors Association
• Gov. Jennifer Granholm, (D) Michigan
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!