Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
GOLF BALLS AND TOP HATS Democracy Now reports Scientist: 70,000 Barrels of Oil May Be Leaking Every Day in Gulf, Senators Propose Permanent Ban on Offshore Drilling in Pacific, Interior Dept. Sued over Offshore Drilling Permitting Process while Bottomless Pit (BP) thinks "They're going to take a bunch of debris, shredded up tyres, golf balls and things like that, and under very high pressure shoot it into the preventer itself and see if they can clog it up and stop the leak" said Admiral Thad Allen of the US Coast Guard (BBC) and Oil-Carrier Supreme of Alaska Sen. Murkowski Blocks Effort to Increase Liability Cap for Oil Firms! The previous attempt to cap the underwater gusher failed so Billionairre Poobahs (BP) thought they could use a smaller device Buying Politicians (BP) termed a "Top Hat" but HuffPo now reports BP Officially Ditches "Operation Top Hat", Moves to Insertion Tube to Stop Oil Spill while Bloomberg reports in BP Relief Wells Bring Risk of Bigger Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill "BP Plc faces the risk of an even bigger oil spill as it attempts to drill two so-called relief wells to plug a leak on the seabed of the Gulf of Mexico that’s gushing 5,000 barrels a day into the ocean. The relief wells will pump cement into the leak to seal it. To do that, BP will need to first drill into the same deposit of oil and gas that caused a pressure surge known as a blowout at the original well....In a regulatory filing BP made to drill the relief wells it estimates another blowout could release as much as 240,000 barrels of oil a day into the ocean. That’s almost 50 percent more than the company’s worst-case estimate for the first well and equivalent to two-thirds of supply pumped daily from Prudhoe Bay, the largest U.S. oil field. " I know! Let's drill MORE HOLES in the Gulf floor and see if THEY leak too! Look for a new ASTROTURF website GolfBallsForTheGulf.com!!! Save yer shag balls and go diving in yer local golf course pond for the effort! Naturally, the focus of the Corporate Networks will be to **update** us on this massive environmental disaster and move on to other distractions like ELENA KAGEN (I-Corporate Party) on This Week featuring GLENN GREENWALD on the roundtable! Or maybe the mega-Nationalist Anti-Immigration Arizona law on Face the Bob with JON KYL and DIANE FEINSTEIN. Perhaps the mental deflection will be on State of the Candy with JOE SESTAK and former Republican ARLEN SPECTRE facing off in Tuesday's PA Primary or Meet the David where MITCH MCCONNEL and CHUCK SHUMER will discuss Kagen and Afghanistan and all of the above EXCEPT the Bad People (BP) and the underwater oil gusher, now about SIX Exxon Valdezes and counting. Catch 60 Minutes summary "THE BLOWOUT" for some actual coverage. Throw bricks as you see fit! NOBODY will mention the IMF/Greece implosion or the swift rise in GOLD prices. That's why we have MAX KEISER! Be sure to check out Max and Stacy in "[KR42] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Scandal!" with post-neoclassical economic philosopher Damon Vrabel! Very good and must watch! Scott Horton has PEPE ESCOBAR on an update to Welcome to Pipelineistan, ROBERT PARRY on ghwb and more while Ring of Fire has more Gulf Oil Gusher coverage, DENNIS KUCINICH and TONY CURTIS (yes THAT Tony Curtis) while Bob Kincaid and Peter B have great shows too. We bid adieu to Cynthia and ACTION POINT. Have a good summer, Cynthia and Chris! ONE OTHER MENTION: Check ABC and NBC lists below for segments from NPR's "On The Media" for stories about FACT-CHECKING Sunday Talk Show spin-meisters! Imagine that! FACT-CHECKING politicians! Seems Jake "This Week" Tapper is embracing the idea (is Amanpour adding some leverage already?) while National Bullshitters Corporation thinks their 62-year old Sunday broadcast IS FACTS. We here at BTV don't have the time or inclination to point out each and every time Condi or Darth Cheney or Cowering Powell or other bu$h admin officials went on MTP and LIED (about WMD, Saddam and "uranium from Africa", terror "alerts", the economy, "turning the corner" in Iraq, the threats from Al Quaeiouda, imagining "airplanes as weapons" and so much more). So do your own homework and add your comments below on what you find. Crooks and Liars and ThinkProgress would be good places to start. The Brick TeeVee Crew is reeling from the Cavs' too-early exit from the NBA playoffs but remember DAN GILBERT (Cavs and Quicken Loans owner) was a BIG FORCE in getting CASINO GAMBLING in Ohio and needs the "LeBron Draw" at The Q to attract more gamblers into the CLE OH downtown casino. LBJ WILL SIGN WITH CLEVELAND. You heard it here first!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Tariq Ali and Mark Weisbrot @ Democracy NOW! WATCH "The People of Greece Are Fighting for the Whole of Europe": Tariq Ali and Mark Weisbrot Discuss Greece’s Economic Crisis and Popular Uprising.
»»» Marine biologist Rick Steiner @ Democracy NOW! WATCH As Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Spreads, BP, Halliburton and Transocean Executives Deflect Blame for Spill at Senate Hearings
»»» Phil Radford of Greenpeace USA and Joseph Romm of the Center for American Progress @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Greenpeace v. Center for American Progress: A Debate on the Kerry-Lieberman Climate Bill
»»» AZ Immigration Law @ Democracy NOW! Just three weeks after signing a highly controversial anti-immigrant bill that orders police officers to stop and interrogate anyone they suspect is an undocumented immigrant, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer has signed a new law banning ethnic studies in Arizona public schools. The law could shut down a popular Mexican American studies program in the Tucson school district. It will also affect specialized courses in African American and Native American studies. In response, students have taken to the streets to voice their opposition to the bill. On Wednesday, fifteen people, most of them students, were arrested protesting the law at the state offices of education in Tucson. WATCH Arizona Students Protest New Law Banning Ethnic Studies Classes
»»» Jackson State College Killings @ Democracy NOW! ...But the media has largely forgotten what happened just ten days after the Kent State shootings. On May 14, 1970, local and state police opened fire on a group of students at the predominantly black Jackson State College in Mississippi. In a twenty-eight-second barrage of gunfire, police fired hundreds of rounds into the crowd. Two were killed and a dozen injured. We speak with Gene Young, a former student at Jackson State who witnessed the shooting.WATCH 40 Years Ago: Police Kill Two Students at Jackson State in Mississippi, Ten Days After Kent State Killings
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» Mary Bottari of BankstersUSA.org and the Center for Media and Democracy @ GRITtv weighs in on a hard-fought victory for Main Street over Wall Street. WATCH Mary Bottari: Audit the Fed a Progressive Win
»»» Investigative journalist and professor Karl Grossman @ GRITtv of TV program Enviro Close-Up reports on how offshore drilling is inevitably both dangerous and expensive. Despite the “safe guards” Obama has requested to continue offshore drilling, the process will remain “drill baby, spill!”WATCH Karl Grossman: Drill Baby, Spill
»»» William K. Black @ GRITtv helped coordinate criminal investigations and prosecutions during the Savings & Loan crisis of the 1980s, when regulators played important parts in sending key players to jail. This time around, we've seen CEOs like Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs face a scolding in front of Congress, but no arrests. Where are the handcuffs? Our friends at the Huffington Post Investigative Fund asked Black just that. WATCH Too Big to Jail?
»»» NBA PLAYOFFS Eastern Conference Finals! ABC Celtics @ Magic Game 1 - 3:30 PM; ESPN & TNT the rest of the week
»»» NASCAR on FOX Autism Speaks 400 at Dover - Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Jeter and Yanks host Mauer and Twins, 1 ET Sun.
»»» MLB on ESPN Phillies @ Brewers 8 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERTS!! ©
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND
MOVE TO AMEND.ORG --
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,397 Military Dead as of May 14, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,070 Military Dead as of May 14, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with guest anchor ABC's Jake Tapper
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
• Ranking Republican Jeff Sessions (R-SC)
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Helene Cooper of the New York Times, Glenn Greenwald of Salon.com, former Obama White House Counsel Gregory Craig and Ed Gillespie, former counselor to President George W. Bush
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.
• Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.
• Jan Crawford, CBS News Chief Legal Correspondent
• Jeff Zeleny, New York Times
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE BLOWOUT - Scott Pelley investigates the explosion that killed 11, causing the ongoing oil leak in the waters off of Louisiana, and speaks to one of the oil rig platform crew survivors who was in a position to know what caused the disaster and how it could have been prevented. The report contains never-before-seen footage of the minutes after the explosion and new information about what led up to it. Solly Granatstein and Graham Messick are the producers. THIS IS DOUBLE LENGTH SEGMENT
• GUSTAVO DUDAMEL - Now that he is the musical director of the Los Angeles Philharmonic, Gustavo Dudamel wants to transplant in the U.S. the Venezuelan child orchestra system that changed his life. Bob Simon reports. Harry Radliffe is the producer
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
• Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
• ROUNDTABLE: Newsweek's Jonathan Alter, Author of the new book "The Promise: President Obama, Year One"; The Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan; Republican Strategist Mike Murphy; and Democratic Strategist Bob Shrum.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Rep. Joe Sestak (D-PA)
• Sen. Arlen Specter (D-PA)
• Sen. Robert Bennett (R-UT)
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Prayer Meetin' Wednesday! Wednesday May 12, 2010 (mp3) Brother Bob the High Pope of the Church of Commen Sense! Amen for White Rose Society for the podcasts!
- ACTION POINT with Cynthia Black on HEAD ON RADIO!
"Solution Politics" Talk Radio Streaming weekends from Head On Radio Network LIVE Saturdays 7pm - 10pm (ET) with repeats all weekend! Pick your HEAD ON STREAMING HERE!
• First, the bad news. My fabulous audio-fairy Chris Snyder has some extensive traveling to do this summer, and I have some extensive health-repair to undertake (you know those migraines I complain of– yeah– those) over the coming months that have caused me to make an executive decision: Action Point is taking a summer hiatus.
• Now the good news. We will not be totally out of touch. Chris and I, all things permitting, plan to create several special summer event shows over the coming months that will include our great friend Greg Palast and other guests. That way we can stay in touch on the topics and with you until we can return to our regular Saturday night slot, hopefully in September. Keep an eye on our page here on The HORN for updates, and until we ‘meet’ again, have a great summer with The HORN!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #132 Published on 13 May 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Outspoken Professor Francis Boyle discusses the October 2001 anthrax attacks, the technology behind the letter to Senator Daschle, and assesses the case based on his years of expertise with America’s bio-weapons programs, and as an expert who was responsible for drafting the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989, which was passed unanimously by both houses of Congress and signed into law by President George H.W. Bush.
• Info on Podcast #133 Published on 14 May 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Journalist Paul Fitzgerald on US drone attacks; Nancy Talanian on adopting refugees from Guantanamo. Fitzgerald and his wife Elizabeth Gould first covered Afghanistan for CBS in 1981, later for PBS. We talk about their latest dispatch at Boiling Frogs about the negative impact of US drone strikes, which kill 50 civilians for each alleged terrorist assassinated. We talk about Karzai’s visit to Washington, the US efforts to undermine his peace feelers to the Taliban and other opponents, Gen. McChrystal’s spin on “progress” in the war, and much more.... Talanian is director of No More Guantanamos and talks about a Russian named Ravil Mingazov who was ordered released on May 13 by a federal judge, after 8 years at Guantanamo without charge or trial.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted May 14th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, Congressman Dennis Kucinich will be here to tell us why he believes that economic sanctions against Iran will do very little to deter them from creating nuclear weapons.
• The legendary actor Tony Curtis will be joining us to talk about his extraordinary career, as well as to give us his take on the current state of American politics. And author and film historian Cari Beauchamp will tell us about the role that film plays in shaping our cultural values. VIDEO! David Bender with Tony Curtis
• As part of Ring of Fire Radio’s on-going, exclusive coverage of the catastrophic oil spill off of the Gulf Coast, investigative journalist Rick Outzen will be back to give us the latest from the frontlines of this fast-breaking story.
• We’ll also be checking in with comedian Matt Filipowicz who’s got some interesting information about Obama’s Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: BP, Does Their Conduct Rise to Manslaughter As the BP oil spill investigation heats up, the question has arisen as to whether or not BP’s negligence (which led to the deaths of 11 men) border on manslaughter. Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s The Ed Show to discuss the possibilty of criminal convictions against BP.
• And as always, we’ll be looking at all the news that the corporate-controlled media refuses to cover.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• The Selling Out of Germany Guest Blogger Michael Krieger
• World’s Biggest Budget Crunch and a Very Big Ocean Stacy Summary: The CEO of BP uses the same argument that ‘financial engineers’ used – all those derivatives and debt spills happened in such a big ocean of the US & world economies that the little spills weren’t supposed to matter. READ IMF says US faces one of the biggest budget crunches in the world AND “The Gulf of Mexico is a very big ocean” – BP CEO
• [OTE54] On the Edge with Steve Keen Stacy Summary: On the Edge with Revere Award winner, Steve Keen. (By the way, next week’s guest will be Gerald Celente if you have any questions for him).
• [KR41] Keiser Report – Future Made in China? Stacy Summary: This week we look at whether or not, as Western economies collapse under the weight of all their debt, China can save the world economy. In the second half of the show, Max interviews Paul Midler, author of “Poorly Made in China”, about China’s $300 billion rail projects; how restricting liquidity in a command and control economy actually accentuates misallocation of resources; and about having to hire lawyers to find out what is in his shampoo.
• [KR42] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Scandal! Stacy Summary: We look at the scandals of perfect trading days; PIIGS flying only to fall to earth five minutes later when markets realize the Euro-Tarp ‘rescuers’ are, in fact, real bankrupt debt pigs; and Max Keiser explains high frequency terrorism in the Manchurian candidate markets. In the second half of the show, Max interviews post-neoclassical economic philosopher Damon Vrabel about the European bailout, the financial empire and the IMF, and how the right kind of republic can provide some solutions.
• Gold Rage – A Complete Guide to Fear, Loathing and ‘Hysterical Antagonism’ Toward Gold Stacy Summary: I’ve recently been noticing quite a bit of the gold rage Jesse refers to in this blog entry. The Alan Greenspan essay is definitely worth reading (or re-reading) and suggests ‘intent’ to his crimes against the markets, economy and the currency. READ Why there is fear and resentment of gold’s power to discover real value at Jesse's Crossroads Cafe
•  The Truth About Landmines & Landfills – 15 May 2010 Stacy Summary: Hope you enjoy. Here is the latest rumored trader, Waddell & Reed, involved in the 1000 point plunge (I got some of my numbers slightly wrong when discussing, so should cross check with the article). Download show HERE (mp3)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Pepe Escobar (mp3) 47:24 May 8, 2010. Asia Times columnist Pepe Escobar discusses Brazil’s possible role as mediator (replacing hostile EU nations and the US) between Iran and the UN, the interplay of oil politics and full-spectrum dominance in US foreign policy, why the 1953 CIA-orchestrated overthrow of Mohammad Mosaddegh is still fresh in the minds of Iranians, speculation on the whereabouts and mortality of Osama bin Laden, the philosophical divide between the Taliban and al Qaeda and the psychology of the Times Square bomber.
• Scott Horton interviews Jesse Walker (mp3) 17:41 May 12, 2010. Jesse Walker, managing editor of Reason magazine, discusses the lack of compelling evidence so far against the Hutaree militia members, the distinction between tough talk and actual criminal conspiracy, how most militias are formed for defensive action against government abuses and why unique personal grievances tend to make anti-government violence the domain of individuals acting alone.
• Scott Horton interviews Gareth Porter (mp3) 28:11 May 12, 2010. Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for Inter Press Service, discusses the unusually pessimistic Pentagon report on US progress in Afghanistan, pre-announced military offensives that prevent major confrontations with the Taliban, Hillary Clinton’s heavy-handed approach to diplomacy with Pakistan, NY Times writer David Sanger’s sudden realization that US foreign policy does indeed have consequences and why Israel is hesitant to violate US-controlled Iraqi airspace to strike Iran.
• Scott Horton interviews Robert Parry (mp3) 30:51 May 13, 2010. Robert Parry, founder of ConsortiumNews.com, discusses new evidence that Ronald Reagan’s 1980 presidential campaign struck a deal with Iran to extend the hostage crisis until after the election, quid pro quo arms deals between US-proxy Israel and Iran prior to the Iran Contra scandal, the heavy CIA influence in Reagan’s campaign and subsequent administration and why George H.W. Bush was much more “in the loop” than he admits.
• Scott Horton interviews Ron Paul (mp3) 10:28 May 13, 2010. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) discusses the pitfalls his “Audit the Fed” amendment faces during the legislative process, vastly increased public awareness of the Federal Reserve and central banking, gold’s increase in value relative the dollar and why the US empire would be impossible to maintain without the Fed’s ability to monetize debt.
• former first lady Laura Bush
• Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the House
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!