Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
MORE SPILLS AND THRILLS Dana Milbank of the "always reliable" WaPo picks up where we left off last week with his own Schadenfreude in Through oil-fouled water, big government looks better and better: There is something exquisite about the moment when a conservative decides he needs more government in his life. About 10:30 Monday morning, Sen. David Vitter (R-La.), an ardent foe of big government, posted a blog item on his campaign Web site about the huge oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. "I strongly believe BP is spread too thin," he wrote. The poor dears. He thinks it would be a better arrangement if "federal and state officials" would do the dirty work of "protecting and cleaning up the coast" instead of BP. About an hour later came word from the Pentagon that Alabama, Florida and Mississippi -- all three governed by men who once considered themselves limited-government conservatives -- want the federal government to mobilize (at taxpayer expense, of course) more National Guard troops to aid in the cleanup.... About the time that Alabama, Florida and Mississippi were asking for more federal help, three small-government Republican senators, Richard Shelby and Jeff Sessions of Alabama and George LeMieux of Florida, were flying over the gulf on a U.S. government aircraft with small-government Republican Rep. Jeff Miller (Fla.)....All these limited-government guys expressed their belief that the British oil company would ultimately cover all the costs of the cleanup. "They're not too big to fail," Sessions said. "If they can't pay and they've given it everything they've got, then they should cease to exist." But if you believe that the federal government won't be on the hook for a major part of the costs, perhaps you'd like to buy a leaky oil well in the Gulf of Mexico. Well said, Dana! He goes on to explain how these "small government" politicians' constituents actually "received an average of $1.50 back from the federal government for every dollar they paid in federal taxes." Damn! Meanwhile oil keeps gushing out of the Deepwater Horizon well in the Gulf of Mexico and oil is washing ashore. Leslie Kaufman of NYT reports in Concerns Up and Down the Food Chain: But biologists are increasingly alarmed for wildlife offshore, where the damage from a spill can be invisible but still deadly. And they caution that because of the fluidity between onshore and offshore marine communities, the harm taking place deep at sea will come back to haunt the shallows, whether or not they are directly hit by the slick. The gulf’s deeper water harbors 10 species of threatened sharks, 6 species of endangered turtles, manatees, whales and innumerable fish. It is also a temporary home for the eggs of dozens of species of fish and shellfish, whose offspring spend their earliest days floating along currents at the surface of the water — the very layer where most of the oil settles....“Unfortunately, we’ve had a lot of experience in how oil affects marine life, ecosystems, coastal communities, and fisheries,” said Christopher Mann, with the marine program of the nonprofit Pew Environment Group. “The iconic images of oiled seabirds are just the tip of the iceberg, because oil spills affect life up and down the food chain.” ... Even normal feeding might expose sea creatures to harm from the spill: sea grass and other vegetation covered in oil are ingested by fish that are then eaten by bigger fish and finally by manatees or other marine species. It is this food-chain effect that worries Larry Schweiger of the National Wildlife Federation.“It is not a question of whether all these species will be affected now. It is when,” he said. We have no words for this ecological disaster while BP uses "secret chemical dispersants" so the giant oil spill cannot be photographed, releasing thousands of gallons of unknown chemical carcinogens into the Gulf. Go to DrillingAhead.com for Transocean Deepwater Horizon Explosion-A Discussion of What Actually Happened. Meanwhile, it looks like Greece has been snookered into buying weapons-of-mass-destruction as part of the IMF-led "austerity measures" while Greeks protest the unfair cuts all over the country. Franco-German lawmaker Daniel Cohn-Bendit (DailyTimes.com) Cohn-Bendit accused France and Germany of making their contributions to an IMF-led rescue package for the debt-ridden Greek economy contingent on Athens honouring massive arms deals signed by Papandreou’s predecessor. “It’s incredible the way the Merkels and Sarkozys of this world treat a Greek prime minister....Mr Fillon and Mr Sarkozy told Mr Papandreou: ‘We’re going to raise the money to help you, but you are going to have to continue to pay the arms contracts that we have with you.' In the past three months we have forced Greece to confirm several billion dollars in arms contracts. French frigates that the Greeks will have to buy for 2.5 billion euros. Helicopters, planes, German submarines.” . The Corporate/Flat-Earther Shock Doctrine is working its way across the globe, isn't it? Please check out MAX KEISER for updates below and on his website. The Bobblehead shows will avoid the Greece-IMF-Goldman "weapons-of-financial-destruction" but focus on the Times Square Wannabe Bomber with the WH limo shuttling ERIC HOLDER to This Trapper and Meet the David plus Undersecretary JOHN BRENNAN to State of the Candy, Face the Bob and FAKE SNOOZE. Throw bricks at RUDY GHOULIANI on This Tapper and RICHARD SHELBY on FTN and SOTU. 60 Minutes has three good stories, including an interview with SOS HILLARY and the housing meltdown. Be sure to check out Ring of Fire Radio for more coverage on the Gulf Oil Gusher, Max on the Dow tanking (courtesy ZeroHedge), Peter B and Scott Horton interviews. (Be sure to check out the 2-hour Scott Horton interview with Peter Lance, author of "Triple Cross" from last week!) The Brick TeeVee Crew is basking in the Cavs delivering the Celtics' WORST PLAYOFF LOSS EVER, a fine 124-95 wire-to-wire thumping and enjoying the great anti-immigration turnout at the PHOENIX LOS SUNS (see Democracy NOW! below) while The Tribe is reeling on their homestand. The BTV garden is almost ready for planting while we narrowly avoided a giant maple tree falling on our compound during Friday's massive wind/rain/hail storms! (it fell W-to-E in the neighbor's yard - phew!) Have a great week and support the alternate media outlets we present every week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
FULL COVERAGE OF THE Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Jeremy Scahill @ Democracy NOW! Investigative journalist and Democracy Now! correspondent Jeremy Scahill obtains a rare audio recording of a recent, private speech delivered by Erik Prince, the owner of Blackwater, to a friendly audience in January. The speech, which Prince attempted to keep from public consumption, provides a stunning glimpse into his views and future plans and reveals details of previously undisclosed activities of Blackwater. In a Democracy Now! exclusive broadcast we play excerpts of the recording and speak with Scahill about the revelations. WATCH EXCLUSIVE…Secret Recording of Erik Prince Reveals Previously Undisclosed Blackwater Ops.
»»» Tyson Slocum of Public Citizen @ Democracy NOW! We speak with Slocum and with an attorney representing several workers who survived the blast that sank BP’s Deepwater Horizon rig. He’s also representing the wife of one of the 11 workers now presumed dead who is filing a lawsuit accusing BP of negligence. WATCH BP Oil Spill Highlights Poor Safety Record, the Worst of Any Oil Company in America
»»» Democracy NOW!/RNC LAWSUIT Democracy Now! host and executive producer Amy Goodman along with producers Sharif Abdel Kouddous and Nicole Salazar are filing a federal lawsuit today that challenges the police crackdown on journalists at the Republican National Convention in 2008. WATCH Amy Goodman and Democracy Now! Producers File Lawsuit Over RNC Arrests
»»» AZ Immigration Law @ Democracy NOW! Opposition to Arizona’s new anti-immigrant law has extended into the world of sports. Over the past week, numerous professional athletes have publicly criticized the law and even threatened to boycott games in Arizona. We speak with sportswriter, Dave Zirin. WATCH From Basketball to Baseball, Professional Athletes Speak Out in Opposition to AZ Immigration Law
»»» S. 3081 – The Enemy Belligerent Interrogation, Detention and Prosecution Act of 2010 @ Democracy NOW! We speak with Shayana Kadidal, senior attorney at the Center for Constitutional Rights who says the proposal is “constitutional buffoonery.” WATCH Lieberman, Brown Proposal to Strip Terror Suspects of U.S. Citizenship is “Constitutional Buffoonery,” Says Attorney
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» Jim Hightower @ GRITtv Hightower joined Laura in studio recently to talk about the economy, populism, the Supreme Court and Citizens United, and more. WATCH Jim Hightower: A Politics For The People
»»» Danny Schecter @ GRITtv WATCH Mike Papantonio: Legal Case Against BP
»»» Mike Papantonio @ GRITtv WATCH Danny Schechter: The Crime of Our Time
»»» NBA PLAYOFFS 2nd round Playoffs! ABC Cavs @ Celtics Game 4 - 3:00 PM then TNT LOS SUNS @ Kings 8 PM
»»» MLB on TBS Braves visit Phillies, 1:30 ET Sun.
»»» MLB on ESPN Yankees @ Red Sox 8 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERTS!! ©
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND
MOVE TO AMEND.ORG --
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,394 Military Dead as of April 29, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,053 Military Dead as of April 29, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with guest anchor ABC's Jake Tapper
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• Attorney General Eric Holder
• former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Shelby Steele of the Hoover Institution, prominent author and journalist Robin Wright of the U.S. Institute of Peace and John Podesta of the Center for American Progress
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• John Brennan, Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Adviser for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
• Senator Christopher Dodd, D-Connecticut; Chairman, Banking Committee
• Senator Richard Shelby, R-Alabama; Ranking Member, Banking Committee
• Admiral Thad Allen, Commandant, Coast Guard; National Incident CDR, Gulf Oil Spill
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• HOMEGROWN TERROR - Steve Kroft reports on American citizens - like the recent would-be Times Square bomber - who have traveled abroad for terrorist training in order to attack America or its allies. Andy Court and Ira Rosen are the producers.
• THE SECRETARY OF STATE - Scott Pelley follows Hillary Rodham Clinton as she performs her duties as secretary of state and questions her on the latest developments in foreign policy and the recent terror scare in New York's Times Square. Henry Schuster is the producer.
• WALKING AWAY - It's estimated that one million Americans walked away from homes "underwater" or worth less than their mortgages even though they could afford the payments. Morley Safer reports on this trend, called strategic default, that threatens the economic recovery. Deirdre Naphin and Katy Textor are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Attorney General Eric Holder
• ROUNDTABLE: The New York Times' David Brooks; The Washington Post's E.J. Dionne; BBC World News America's Katty Kay; and Author Wes Moore.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Deputy National Security Adviser John Brennan
• Bill Nelson (D-FL)
• Richard Shelby (R-AL)
• Amy Walter, Editor-in-Chief of The Hotline
• Chris Cillizza, Managing Editor of the Washington Post Politics page.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER! Thursday May 6, 2010 (mp3) Uber-Pope Bob finds plenty to preach about since he missed Prayer Meetin' Wednesday, inculding Franklin Graham, son of Billy Graham and founder of Samaritan's Purse! Amen for White Rose Society for the podcasts!
- ACTION POINT with Cynthia Black on HEAD ON RADIO!
"Solution Politics" Talk Radio Streaming weekends from Head On Radio Network LIVE Saturdays 7pm - 10pm (ET) with repeats all weekend! Pick your HEAD ON STREAMING HERE! TUNE IN NOW!
• 7- 8P ET: GREEKS RIOT, THE DOW DROPS 1000?
• 8- 9P ET: : This week Arizona is still the prom queen of crazy with Papers Please (SB1070), interview with immigration attorney Peter Ashman.
• 9-10P ET: : SPILL BABY SPILL: Greg Palast’s THE PALAST REPORT covers SLICK OPERATOR: THE BP I’VE KNOWN TOO WELL
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #130 Published on 05 May 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Moonie Paper Going Down? Journalist Robert Parry of Consortiumnews.com has filed a Special Report on financial problems at Moon’s Washington Times which has been a reliable propaganda organ for the GOP for more than 20 years. John Gorenfeld also joins the conversation, author of Bad Moon Rising: How Rev. Moon Created The Washington Times, Seduced the Religious Right, and Built an American Kingdom.
• Info on Podcast #131 Published on 07 May 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- War Correspondent Anand Gopal on Afghanistan/Pakistan; Veronique Raskin on organic wines. Gopal is an independent reporter who writes for The Nation, Wall Street Journal and Christian Science Monitor. He was our guest in January regarding his reporting on American night raids and secret detention centers in Afghanistan, and in this conversation he updates us on the US assaults on Marjah and Kandahar, Karzai’s efforts to engage Taliban leaders in peace talks (thwarted by the US), Taliban leader Zakir (former Gitmo prisoner) and other issues. He also confirms the comment made on MSNBC this week by NYT reporter and former Taliban hostage David Rodhe: Taliban members do not believe that al Qaeda was responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted May 7th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire, we’ll have exclusive coverage of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill – information that is only available on Ring of Fire
• We’ll also chat with former chair of the DNC, Governor Howard Dean, who’ll give us his thoughts on the upcoming midterm elections and the current state of partisan politics in America.
• Nobel Peace Prize-winner Elie Wiesel will be here to tell us about how his experience in a Nazi concentration camp during World War II inspired his activist work over the last 60 years.
• And make sure you stay tuned this week for David Bender’s exclusive interview with Ben Mankiewicz!
• VIDEO! Kennedy & Papantonio – Sex, Lies, and Halliburton Ring of Fire’s own Mike Papantonio and Bobby Kennedy team up for an appearance on Hardball with host Chris Matthews, to discuss the political, economic, and environmental impact that awaits the Gulf Coast as BP’s oil leak continues to pump more than 200,000 gallons of oil a day into the Gulf of Mexico.
• And as always, we’ll be looking at all the news that the corporate-controlled media refuses to cover.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Max Keiser Interviewed on Radio Five Live – 06 May 2010 – Greek Debt Crisis Stacy Summary: From this morning. Just had time to post it.
• Gold Soars on Alternative Currency Appeal Stacy Summary: Gold soars as (despite a mysterious last hour rally) markets crash. I know we have been advising buying it since it was at £200 and $400 and that many on these boards have told you that it is crazy and that the value of gold is merely based on perception . . . but when placed against fiat currency in a time when faith in credit based currencies has obviously collapsed, I would rather have gold. People say all the time, “You can’t eat a gold” but the truth is I have tried eating a dollar bill and it tasted no better than a euro and a bit worse than a yen note and only slighty better than a rouble; and I still felt hungry afterwards. Everyone has to do their own thing, but, at the end of the day, I am pretty sure I will be able to trade that bar of gold for food . . . good luck trying to trade that euro or yen or dollar or Swiss franc as this entire debt based system collapses over the next few years.
• [OTE53] On the Edge with Ellen Brown Stacy Summary: On the Edge; guest is Ellen Brown to talk about High Frequency Trading and more.
• [KR40] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Scandal! – And Michael Krieger Stacy Summary:We look at the scandals of repaying American taxpayers with their own cash. We also check out the headlines on Lloyd ‘I’m Too Mysterious’ Blankfein, Bernie ‘I’m Just a Market Maker’ Madoff and Warren ‘I Love My Goldman Investment’ Buffett. In the second half of the show, Max interviews investment adviser, Michael Krieger, about “America’s Disneyland and Neo-feudalistic, Gulag Casino Economy,” financial war between the US and China; and about which nation will be the first to back its currency with gold.
• Must Hear: Panic and Loathing From The S&P 500 Pits Stacy Summary: This is awesome fun to listen to, from 1 minute mark it really gets exciting. Kudos to Zerohedge for getting this: Panic and loathing from the S &P 500 Pits. Download show HERE (mp3) at ZeroHedge
•  The Truth About Markets – Resonance 104.4 FM – 08 May 2010 Stacy Summary: We’re back. Told ya! Download show HERE (mp3)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Noah Shactman (mp3) 24:54 May 6, 2010. Noah Shachtman, contributing editor at WIRED magazine, discusses evidence that Army spy planes were tracking the communications of Times Square bomber suspect Faisal Shahzad, Pentagon discussions on equipping ICBMs with conventional warheads for rapid global-strike capability, Chinese missile technology that may overwhelm the Aegis ship defense system and Predator drone attacks that have gone from targeting specific terrorist suspects to generalized killing.
• Scott Horton interviews Daphne Eviatar (mp3) 31:20 May 6, 2010. Daphne Eviatar, Senior Associate in Law and Security for Human Rights First, discusses the trial of Guantanamo prisoner Omar Khadr, the unconstitutional retroactive application of the Military Commissions Act, the US government’s apparent loss of faith in the civilian criminal court system, why the most radical of legal proposals come from supposed political “moderates” like Joe Lieberman, the sparse US mainstream media presence at Khadr’s hearings and the individual frustrations of those beholden to an unaccountable government.
• Scott Horton interviews Philip Giraldi (mp3) 51:48 May 5, 2010. Former CIA and DIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses the cloak-and-dagger media spectacle of a former CIA agent claiming to have knowledge of secret Iranian weapons, the possibility of an Israeli air strike on Iran this summer, how Israel sabotages US relations with Mideast rival countries, why it has become politically impossible for the US to rein in Israel and how the cost of maintaining US empire is the constant threat of blowback.
• Scott Horton interviews Joe Lauria (mp3) 27:30 May 5, 2010. Independent investigative journalist Joe Lauria discusses the ongoing U.N. conference on nuclear nonproliferation, the Obama administration’s attempt to propose a nuclear-free Middle East without acknowledging Israel’s nuclear weapons, Hillary Clinton’s pronounced lack of diplomatic acumen, why South African-style nuclear disarmament might be in Israel’s future and how US foreign policy encourages nuclear proliferation.
• John Brennan, Asst. to the President and Deputy National Security Adviser for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
• Sen. Joe Lieberman, (I) Connecticut - Chairman, Senate Homeland Security Cmte.
• Rep. Peter King, (R) New York - Ranking Member, House Homeland Security Cmte.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!