Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Wall Street Shuffle FIRST OFF We warned you last week "ED RENDELL tries to make sense of anything MARSHA BLACKBURN (Kook - TN) has to say." We go to Richard Cohen from the reliable WaPo who actually WATCHED AND THEN BLOGGED about it in The Tea Party's moment of truth
On “Meet the Press” yesterday, David Gregory asked Marsha Blackburn, a very Republican congresswoman from Tennessee, whether she approved of Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) referring to the Obama administration as “this gangster government.” Blackburn had just finished telling Gregory that the Tea Party is wonderful because it’s about truth: “What they want is leaders who are going to say, ‘Look, we’re –you may not agree with us, we’re going to tell you the truth. We’re going to tell you we’re we stand.’” So where did Blackburn stand on Bachmann’s remark, made at a Tea Party rally? “Are those views that you would stand behind? That kind of rhetoric?” Gregory wanted to know. In other words, is the United States of America like Venezuela or Cuba, or Syria or Belarus? Or was this another example of extremely tasteless rhetoric, an incredibly un-Tea Partyish lie uttered by a politician who had contempt -- utter contempt, if I can editorialize -- for her audience? I held my breath: This threatened to be a moment of truth, candor and nearly unprecedented boldness. But Blackburn was in a bit of a fix. After all, conservatives have been on a bender of Shavian wit lately: “You lie!” “Baby killer!” Not to mention the allegation that Barack Obama is a socialist -- or, as Newt Gingrich and Jim Garlow phrased it in a recent Washington Post op-ed, that Christian conservatives are up against “a secular-socialist culture,” which is as close as I would like to come, thank you, to a Godless-Menshevik culture of the sort found on the Upper West Side of New York. Still, while the culture is abhorrent, the bagels are pretty good. Ah, but I digress. We must get back to “Guts Ball” Blackburn, as she will henceforth be known. Did she agree? Did she approve? Gangster government? Rat-a-tat-at?
“You know, I choose a different rhetoric,” Blackburn said.
But that was not what Gregory asked, and he said so.
DG: “Wait, but one sec -- is that over the line?...”
MB: “That was very --”
DG: “Is that over the line?”
The congresswoman from truth, from candor, from telling people where she stood, summoned all her political courage and said,
MB: “Those -- those are the words that she chose and the statements that she made.”
Tell us how you REALLY FEEL, Richard! Haha! So this week must be REALLY IMPORTANT (brought to you by Cargill and Boeing and BP to try to make you believe they are "saving the planet" with their "green" technology using "energy right here at home" aka nuclear power, off-shore drilling and "clean coal" during the corporate "breaks" - we digress). So they trudge on (in between "ooooh aaaahh look at the volcano cloud!") with the WH Limo dropping off LARRY "Africa is Under-polluted" SUMMERS on Face the Bob and AUSTAN GOOLSBEE on This Tapper to explain the FRAUD lawsuit against Goldman Sachs and their part in the "Wall Street Shuffle" that transferred enormous chunks of wealth UPWARD to THEM. Catch SHERROD BROWN on This Jake talking about his "Employee Misclassification Protection Act" and his proposed essential amendment to the Dodd bill...to force the biggest banks and bank holding companies to downsize so that they no longer will be able to control so much of the nation's wealth and financial activity that they are "too big to fail" (see John Nichols @ The Nation Amend to End Too Big to Fail ). Sez Nichols "Without Brown's amendment, Dodd's bill amounts to little more than tinkering around the edges of the real problem." Speaking of CHRIS DODD he will tangle with RICHARD SHELBY on Meet the David while State of the Crowley gets SAXBY CHAMBLISS taking on BOB MENENDEZ. Our favorite brick recipient this week is THOMAS "Flat Earth" FRIEDMAN on FTN plus catch PAUL KRUGMAN telling GEORGE WILL how bad Will's comb-over is while giving him verbal noogies. We urge you to go over to Democracy Now and watch as much as you can from last week's World People's Conference on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth from Bolivia. We snagged only a few of the interviews here so go watch more! Also Max Keiser has some great stuff on the IMF-Greece fiasco which is coming to a head now with WH Treasury Secretary TIMMY GIETHNER urging Greece, EU and IMF to reach agreement on helping debt-plagued Greek government in Washington. JIM HIGHTOWER is on Ring of Fire and Peter B has "Habeas Corpus Week" plus many more great interviews throughout! The Brick TeeVee Crew celebrates "Shin-Soo Choo AL Player of the Week" batting .579 (11-for-19) with three homers, including a grand slam, and drove in 11 RBIs! Plus we look for the CAVS to bounce back from that tough loss on Thursday in Chicago. Root on your favorite teams/players/drivers and enjoy your Sunday!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
DEMOCRACY NOW! was LIVE ALL WEEK from the World People's Conference on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth in the Bolivian town of Tiquipaya, just outside Cochabamba! Here are some highlight videos. Visit the website for more interviews!
»»» Geoengineering, suicide seed technology, nanotech @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Pat Mooney on the Dangers of Geoengineering and Manipulating the Planet to Combat Climate Change.
»»» Cochabamba Water Wars @ Democracy NOW! WATCH The Cochabamba Water Wars: Marcela Olivera Reflects on the Tenth Anniversary of the Popular Uprising Against Bechtel and the Privatization of the City’s Water Supply
»»» Bolivian Climate Negotiator Angélica Navarro @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Why Is the US Cutting Off Climate Aid to the Poorest Country in South America?–Bolivian Climate Negotiator Angélica Navarro
»»» journalist Jean Friedman-Rudovsky @ Democracy NOW! We speak to journalist Jean Friedman-Rudovsky about the protest and about lithium, one of the most important new energy sources. Bolivia’s lithium reserves are estimated to be the largest in the world. WATCH As Protests Mount Against San Cristóbal Silver Mine, Bolivia Looks to Extract Massive Lithium Reserves, But at What Cost?
»»» Bolivian President Evo Morales @ Democracy NOW! We speak to Bolivian President Evo Morales about the US decision to cut off climate aid to Bolivia; narcotrafficking; the tenth anniversary of the Water Wars in Cochabamba; the protest at the San Cristóbal silver mine; and the contradiction between promoting the environment and extractive industries—oil/natural gas exploration, mining. WATCH Bolivian President Evo Morales on President Obama: “I Can’t Believe a Black President Can Hold So Much Vengeance Against an Indian President”
»»» GRITtv www.grittv.org
»»» World People's Conference on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth @ GRITtv WATCH Cochabamba: The People vs. Climate Destruction
»»» Dean Baker @ GRITtv WATCH Dean Baker: Going After Goldman
»»» NASCAR on FOX Aaron's 499 at Talledega! Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» NBA on ABC & TNT Round 1 Playoffs! Game Four Sunday! ABC: Boston at Miami 1:00PM & Cleveland at Chicago 3:30PM. Then TNT: Dallas at San Antonio 7:00PM & Denver at Utah 9:30PM
»»» MLB on TBS Brewers host Cubs in NL Central clash, 2 ET Sun.
»»» MLB on ESPN Braves @ Mets 8 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERT!! ©
MOVE TO AMEND
We Move to Amend. @ www.movetoamend.org
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United, and move to amend our Constitution to:
* Firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
* Guarantee the right to vote and to participate, and to have our votes and participation count.
* Protect local communities, their economies, and democracies against illegitimate "preemption" actions by global, national, and state governments.
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,393 Military Dead as of April 22, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,050 Military Dead as of April 22, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with guest anchor ABC's Jake Tapper
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• White House Economic Adviser Austan Goolsbee
• Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
• Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN)
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Paul Krugman, Cynthia Tucker and Alexis Glick
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Lawrence Summers, Director, National Economic Council
• Thomas Friedman, Columnist, New York Times
• Michael Lewis, Vanity Fair; Author of "The Big Short"
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE NARRATIVE - A former member of a Muslim extremist group tells Lesley Stahl the reason for the increase in home-grown jihadists like the U.S. Army major accused of shooting 13 at Ft. Hood is an ideology called "the narrative," which states America is at war with Islam. Richard Bonin is the producer
• COMPETING AGAINST TIME - Byron Pitts reports from the construction site of the future Bay Bridge from San Francisco to Oakland, Calif., where there’s a race to complete the new, earthquake-resistant span alongside the old structure, which authorities fear cannot stand up to the next large earthquake. David Schneider is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Chairman and Ranking Member of the Senate Banking Committee, Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT)
• Sen. Richard Shelby (R-AL).
• ROUNDTABLE: The New York Times' David Brooks, CNBC's Erin Burnett, NPR's Michele Norris, and Newsweek's Evan Thomas.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
State of the Union with Candy Crowley offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments.
• Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm (D).
• Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA)
• Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ)
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY! Wednesday April 21, 2010 (mp3) The Cathedral of Common Sense with Uber-Pope Bob! Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- NEW! ACTION POINT with Cynthia Black on HEAD ON RADIO!
"Solution Politics" Talk Radio Streaming weekends from Head On Radio Network LIVE Saturdays 7pm - 10pm (ET) with repeats all weekend! Pick your HEAD ON STREAMING HERE! TUNE IN NOW!
• No ACTION POINT this week.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #126 Published on 21 April 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Habeas Corpus Week. British journalist Andy Worthington returns to focus on 47 cases brought by Guantanamo prisoners using habeus corpus, over 70% resulting in court-ordered release of the inmate. With 183 detainees remaining, more than half of those from Yemen, Worthington details the case of al-Warafi, who was recently denied release
• Info on Podcast #127 Published on 22 April 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Journalists Russ Baker and Robert Dreyfuss. Baker is a veteran magazine journalist who has launched the nonprofit investigative news site, WhoWhatWhy and is the author of Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, America’s Invisible Government, and the Hidden History of the Last Fifty Years and has some fascinating insights into JFK’s assassination, Nixon’s downfall and Bush per et fils. We talk with Baker about the state of media and its role in our declining democracy. Dreyfuss is a contributing editor at The Nation, where he blogs the Dreyfuss Report. We talk about his article on Hamid Karzai in The Nation; Karzai is also the subject of a new Rolling Stone article by Dreyfuss.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted April 23, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire, America’s favorite populist Jim Hightower will be joining us to talk about the growing racist tones that are taking over politics in Texas, as well as the rampant racism in the tea party movement.
• Former Mother Jones publisher Jay Harris will stop by to tell us what’s gone wrong with the American media, and where we can turn to still get rational, meaningful news.
• Seth Shostak, Chief astronomer from the SETI institute, will be here to tell us about the ongoing search for extraterrestrial intelligence in the universe, and you might be surprised by what he’s found…
• Congressman Chris Van Hollen will be here to tell us how he and Senator Chuck Schumer are working to undo the devastating effects of the Supreme Court’s ruling in the Citizens United case, which allows corporations to pour as much money into political campaigns as they would like.
• Attorney Aaron Watson will be here to tell us about the dangers of supposedly non-lethal Taser stun guns, and we’ll take a look at the police officers who are abusing them.
• And as always, we’ll be looking at all the news that the corporate-controlled media refuses to cover.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Max Keiser – Inside Story – Greece’s Financial Bailout Stacy Summary: Here is the entire Inside Story edition in which Max appeared earlier this week. This also includes the introductory film. And, of course, it is much higher resolution with better audio quality than the streamed version. And for those who speak Greek, here is a profile of Max in today’s paper (currently being translated and will post English version when available.)
• Max Keiser on Athens International Radio – 23 April 2010 – Greece & the IMF Stacy Summary: Max interviewed by Helen Skopis on Athens International Radio about Greece turning to the IMF.
• [KR36] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Scandal! – And Afshin Rattansi! Stacy Summary: In this episode we ponder why Iceland’s volcanic ash cloud spared the victims of banking fraud; they also look at the scandals behind the Fabulous Fab Tourre’s “monstrosities,” Gordon Brown’s “shock” at Goldman’s “moral bankruptcy,” and at the political markets shocking the currency markets. In the second half of the show, Max talks to author and journalist Afshin Rattansi about the surprise outcome of the UK’s first ever televised political debates; the UK taxpayers nearly $1 billion loss via Goldman’s alleged fraud; and about Tony Blair’s lucrative post-Downing Street banking career.
• [OTE51] Max Keiser & Karl Denninger on Wall Street Fraud Stacy Summary: On the Edge with Max Keiser. And Karl Denninger. Max and Karl look at the SEC fraud charges against Goldman Sachs; the role of synthetic CDOs, ACA and regulators.
•  The Truth About Markets NZ – 21 April 2010 Stacy Summary: Here is yesterday’s show today! Sorry about the delay posting, but then you did have a Keiser Report . . .Download show HERE (mp3).
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Joshua Kors (mp3) 35:30 April 23, 2010. Joshua Kors, writer for The Nation, discusses the military’s fraudulent “personality disorder” discharges that deprive injured soldiers of benefits and medical care, Sergeant Chuck Luther’s mistreatment and effective incarceration by Army doctors, how the Pentagon has saved an estimated 12 billion dollars by denying care to 22,600 soldiers since 2001 and how the Feres Doctrine limits malpractice lawsuits against military doctors.
• Scott Horton interviews Daniel Luban (mp3) 45:04 April 23, 2010. Daniel Luban, writer for the foreign policy blog Lobelog, discusses Israel’s postwar history, the lack of a serious peace process since Camp David, Obama’s sometimes-encouraging rhetoric on a peaceful two-state settlement, common ground between the anti-occupation Left and foreign policy/military realists worried about disruption of US regional goals, why Palestinians will have a powerful appeal for one person one vote democracy should a two-state solution fail and why parsing the public statements of Israeli officials is like reading tea leaves.
• Former Sen. Alan Simpson, R-Wyo.
• Erskine Bowles, former Clinton White House Chief of Staff
• Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.,
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!