Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
NOT "clean" coal: So many stories, so little time! WikiLeaks' video, Justice John Paul Stevens retiring, Internet Neutrality ruling, SALT II renewal and Israel opting out of Nuclear Summit, explosions in Iraq and West Virginia. WAIT. Explosions in WVA? Oh yes, the Massey coal mine explosion, that is. Let's take a brief moment to look at the history of what's know today as Massey Energy. Here's a short timeline:
- 1920: A.T. Massey Coal Company (ATM) is formed.
- 1972: E. Morgan Massey becomes president of ATM.
- 1974: The company is sold to St. Joe Minerals.
- 1980: Royal Dutch/Shell Group and St. Joe form the Massey Coal Partnership.
- 1981: The Fluor Corporation acquires St. Joe.
- 1987: ATM becomes a wholly owned Fluor subsidiary.
- 1990: Don Blankenship named President
- 2000: The Fluor Corporation is split into two publicly traded companies, with the coal operations becoming Massey Energy Company.
- FAMOUS QUOTE: "We must demand that more coal be burned to save the Earth from global cooling."
- "Don Blankenship would actually be less powerful if he were in elected office," Rep. Nick Rahall of West Virginia once observed. "He would be twice as accountable and half as feared." (Rolling Stone - Climate Killers - The Coal Baron: Don Blankenship
Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» wikileaks @ Democracy NOW! We speak with WikiLeaks co-founder Julian Assange and Salon.com blogger Glenn Greenwald. WATCH Massacre Caught on Tape: US Military Confirms Authenticity of Their Own Chilling Video Showing Killing of Journalists.
»»» Massey mine explosion @ Democracy NOW! We speak with Chuck Nelson, an underground coal miner for thirty years, and journalist Jeff Biggers. WATCH Massey Energy Mine Cited for 1,300+ Safety Violations in Years Leading up to Deadly Explosion
»»» Net neutrality @ Democracy NOW! We speak with Josh Silver, co-founder of FreePress.net. WATCH Appeals Court Rules FCC Lacks Authority to Enforce Net Neutrality
»»» GRITtv HAS MOVED! Find us at www.grittv.org
»»» Moby & Miyun Park @ GRITtv In Gristle: From Factory Farms to Food Safety (Thinking Twice About the Meat We Eat), committed vegan and multi-platinum recording artist Moby and Miyun Park of the Global Animal Partnership pull together a book for nonvegans on meat-eating. WATCH Moby & Miyun Park Talk Factory Farming
»»» wikileaks @ GRITtv Most importantly, though, people seem to be asking whether this is an aberration in behavior, a few soldiers overreacting or misbehaving, or the normal procedure for action in Iraq. Joining us to discuss are Rick Rowley of Big Noise Films, who was in Iraq and visited the scene of the shootings just the day after they happened, and senior fellow at Peace Action, Raed Jarrar. WATCH WikiLeaks Video: Exception or Example?
»»» INDYCAR on Versus It's the Indy Grand Prix of Alabama. Coverage begins at 3 pm et
»»» PGA on CBS Masters Final Round coverage begins at 2 pm et
»»» NBA on ABC Sunday DOUBLEHEADER! Magic @ Cavs 1 pm et then Blazers @ Lakers at 3:30 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT Tuesday DOUBLEHEADER! Celtics @ Bulls 8 pm et then Nuggets @ Suns at 10:30 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERT!! ©
MOVE TO AMEND
We Move to Amend. @ www.movetoamend.org
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United, and move to amend our Constitution to:
* Firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
* Guarantee the right to vote and to participate, and to have our votes and participation count.
* Protect local communities, their economies, and democracies against illegitimate "preemption" actions by global, national, and state governments.
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,390 Military Dead as of April 9, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,040 Military Dead as of April 9, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with guest anchor ABC's Jake Tapper
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
• Defense Secretary Robert Gates
• Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
• Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY)
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Arianna Huffington, Cokie Roberts and Sam Donaldson
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
• Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
• Jan Crawford, CBS News Chief Legal Correspondent
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• GOTTI - John Gotti, Jr. talks to Steve Kroft in his first extended television interview about growing up with an infamous father - convicted mafia boss John Gotti - whom he strove to please by living a life of crime but eventually betrayed by leaving that life. Ira Rosen is the producer. THIS IS A DOUBLE-LENGTH SEGEMENT.
• DISCOVERY - The fossilized skull and bones found by a 9-year-old boy on a fossil hunt with his scientist father are the discovery of a lifetime and may prove to be a new link in the human evolutionary chain. Bob Simon reports. Michael Gavshon and Sarah Carter are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
• Ranking Member Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL).
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times columnist David Brooks; Fmr. Rep. Harold Ford Jr. (D-TN); syndicated Washington Post columnist Kathleen Parker; and New York Times reporter David Sanger.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
State of the Union with Candy Crowley offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, 9 am and 12 pm et
• Gov. Haley Barbour (R-MS).
• Actor Wendell Pierce and director David Simon about New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina and their series on HBO, Treme.
• From New Orleans at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Front Porch Friday! April 9, 2010 (mp3) Latest updates about the Massey mine explosion and rescue efforts. Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- NEW! ACTION POINT with Cynthia Black on HEAD ON RADIO!
"Solution Politics" Talk Radio Streaming weekends from Head On Radio Network LIVE Saturdays 7pm - 10pm (ET) with repeats all weekend! Pick your HEAD ON STREAMING HERE! TUNE IN NOW!
• No ACTION POINT this week.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #117 Published on 30 March 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- NY Times makes correction, continues misreporting on ACORN; Gov. Don Siegelman updates his fight for justice. For months, Brad Friedman of Bradblog has waged a valiant fight with top editors at the NY Times, demanding corrections to its repeated false reports about ACORN and the entrapment video created by James O’Keefe....Gov. Siegelman is a victim of election fraud, conviction by a prosecutor with close ties to Karl Rove before a judge who should have recused himself. He explains his side of the story on one count he was convicted on, related to a motorcycle he acquired, and asks listeners to contact Chairman John Conyers of the House Judiciary Committee.
• Info on Podcast #118 Published on 01 April 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Bush wiretapping ruled illegal! More on CIA use of LSD and assassinations. Attorney Jon Eisenberg returns to our program to discuss his legal victory against the NSA wiretapping under Bush. Judge Vaughn Walker ruled against the government and the Obama team’s legal ploys....Journalist H. P. Albarelli, Jr. returns to talk about his important book, A Terrible Mistake: The Murder of Frank Olson and the CIA’s Secret Cold War Experiments. Albarelli has painstakingly revealed the layers of lies surrounding the 1953 death of Olson, CIA experiments with LSD on unsuspecting people–and even a whole town in France–the agency’s use of thugs and mobsters as assassins and enforcers, and the investigations that ultimately showed that Olson did not commit suicide, but was killed by CIA operatives.
• Info on Podcast #120 Published on 05 April 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Bishop Thomas Gumbleton on the (im)morality of wars, the new START treaty, and the sex abuse scandal in his church; PBC on the lost interview with Joe Sestak, and John Isaacs on START and nuclear disarmament.
• Info on Podcast #121 Published on 06 April 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Stephen Zunes on Dems’ denial of Armenian genocide; Dahr Jamail on Iraq.
• Info on Podcast #122 Published on 06 April 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Stephen Kohn, attorney and executive director of National Whistleblowers Center talks about Senate bill 372, which purports to strengthen protections for whistleblowers. White House lawyer Norman Eisen was invited to debate the bill, but declined. This is the next installment in the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted April 9, 2010 This week on Ring of Fire, we’ll be taking a look at a few of the ways that Wall Street is helping to destroy the global economy.
• Blogger David DeGraw will be here to give us the inside scoop on Henry Paulson’s cozy relationship with Goldman Sachs, and how he’s keeping this too-big-to-fail institution involved in shaping public policy. See his website Amped Status for more info.
• Best-selling author and investigative journalist Greg Palast will tell us how Wall Street vultures are preying on poor nations and forcing them into indentured servitude.
• We’ll also check in with author Chris Hedges, who says that the tea partiers might actually be proof that some Americans actually want a fascist government.
• And as always, we’ll be looking at all the news that the corporate-controlled media refuses to cover.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Max Keiser: News Appearance Changes the Debate in Greece! Stacy Summary: Just a round up of some of the feedback we are receiving from Greece regarding Max’s Aljazeera appearance and his interview in last weekend’s Press Time newspaper (including Max's al jazeera appearence).
• ZeroHedge: The Latest Gold Fraud Bombshell – Canada’s Only Bullion Bank Gold Vault is Nearly Empty Stacy Summary: Oh boy, if all these gold and silver stories of late are even half true; it’s going to be one crazy time in the precious metals market soon. READ The Latest Gold Fraud Bombshell (zerohedge)
• [KR32] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Scandal! And Matt Taibbi – [UPDATED] Stacy Summary: We look at the scandals of Prozac pilots and Chinese drywall; Timothy Sniveling Scamster Geithner, asking “what choice did the President have?”, and finally, Jamie Dimon, the most dangerous man in America, complaining about the demonization of mega-banks. Max also talks to Rolling Stone journalist, Matt Taibbi, about “Looting Main Street.”
• [OTE49] On the Edge . . . with Chris Powell of GATA Stacy Summary: On the Edge guest this week is Chris Powell of GATA. Enjoy!
•  The Truth About Markets – 10 April 2010 Stacy Summary: UK elections, Greek debts, seeking statelessness and more. Download show HERE (mp3).
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Dahr Jamail (mp3) 48:25 April 7, 2010. Independent journalist Dahr Jamail discusses the common occurrence of unprovoked US military violence like the incident revealed by Wikileaks, Iraq Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki’s two-month window to eliminate the competition and stay in power, the inability of Americans to parse through media nonsense to get the real story on Iraq, “atrocity producing” situations in Iraq fed by dehumanization and arbitrary rules of engagement and why it’s difficult to turn off the boot camp-indoctrinated killer instinct.
• Scott Horton interviews Eric Margolis (mp3) 42:45 April 7, 2010. Internationally syndicated columnist Eric Margolis discusses US displeasure with “puppet” Afghan President Hamid Karzai’s recent intransigence, the solid representation of former Afghan Communist Party members in the current government and security forces, how the US broke up peace talks between Karzai and the Taliban, the difficulty of getting the straight story on 9/11 and why the micromanaging of Afghanistan’s politics is the height of arrogance and stupidity.
• Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn.
• Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn.
• Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!