Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Tax Day non-event! For the uninformed the Tax Day Tea-Bagger "protests" were covered heartily by the corporomedia desperate for a story, any story, and came up lame and empty. So out comes BIG DAWG CLINTON to talk some common sense with This Jake, way beyond the grasp of the tea-bagger crowd. Then Timmy Geithner fights off obvious holes in his plans to "reign in" corporate greed on Meet the David while ED RENDELL tries to make sense of anything MARSHA BLACKBURN (Kook - TN) has to say. Regular Sunday Regressive MITCH MCCONNELL gets his talking points in on State of the Candy.For circular corporospeak see JOHN "iwasagainsttorturebeforeiwasfortorture" MCCAIN and GENERAL RAY on fake snooze sunday. Make sure you check out GENERAL BOB GARD on AntiWar Radio and Peter B #125 plus EXCELLENT coverage of the Goldman Sachs meltdown at MAX KEISER. Of course the regulars are ALL GOOD too so drop some sofa change their way too. The Brick TeeVee Crew is going nuts watching LeBron & Co. now in the playoffs. Plus the Tribe has Shin Soo Choo batting nearly .700 this homestand! Hands down AL Player of the Week! Enjoy your Sunday!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Glenn Greenwald @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Glenn Greenwald on Why Elena Kagan Would Shift the Supreme Court to the Right and the Death of Dawn Johnsen’s OLC Nomination.
»»» John Mueller & John Steinbach @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Was Obama Nuke Summit Necessary or Just “Nuclear Alarmism”? And What About Israel’s Arsenal?
»»» Bill McGibbon @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Environmentalist, 350.org Founder Bill McKibben on “Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet”
»»» GRITtv www.grittv.org
»»» Moby & Miyun Park @ GRITtv WATCH The Week in News With Lizz Winstead and Danny Schechter
»»» Eesha Pandit @ GRITtv In the wake of health care reform, new attempts to restrict women's access to abortion services have surged. Nebraska has passed a new law that criminalizes abortions after 20 weeks of gestation on the basis of "fetal pain," and another that forces women to undergo mental health examination before obtaining an abortion at all. Eesha Pandit of MergerWatch and Raising Women's Voices For the Healthcare We Need returns to GRITtv to discuss the new attacks on women's right to choose and the chilling effect they're intended to have. WATCH Eesha Pandit: New Restrictions on Women
»»» NASCAR on FOX The left-turn league goes to Texas for the Samsung Mobile 500! Coverage begins at 2 pm et
»»» NBA on ABC & TNT Round 1 Playoffs! Check your local listings
»»» MLB on TBS Rays @ Red Sox 1:30 pm et
»»» MLB on ESPN Mets @ Cardinals 8 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERT!! ©
MOVE TO AMEND
We Move to Amend. @ www.movetoamend.org
We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United, and move to amend our Constitution to:
* Firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
* Guarantee the right to vote and to participate, and to have our votes and participation count.
* Protect local communities, their economies, and democracies against illegitimate "preemption" actions by global, national, and state governments.
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,390 Military Dead as of April 16, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,045 Military Dead as of April 16, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with guest anchor ABC's Jake Tapper
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• Former President Bill Clinton
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Donna Brazile, Al Hunt & Kim Strassel
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Scott Brown, R-Mass., will do his first Sunday show interview since he was sworn into the Senate
• Syndicated Columnist Kathleen Parker on Tea Party politics
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 21ST CENTURY SNAKE OIL - 60 MINUTES hidden cameras expose medical conmen who prey on dying victims by using pitches that capitalize on the promise of stem cells to cure almost any disease. Scott Pelley reports. David Gelber, Sam Hornblower and Michael Radutzky are the producers. THIS IS A DOUBLE-LENGTH SEGMENT
• AL PACINO - In a rare sit-down interview, Oscar-winning actor Al Pacino talks to Katie Couric about his films and how he prepares for them, including his upcoming movie in which he stars as Dr. Jack Kevorkian. Kyra Darnton, Draggan Mihailovich and Michael Radutzk
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner
• ROUNDTABLE: Gov. Ed Rendell (D-PA), Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), National Journal's Ron Brownstein, and Telemundo's Jose Diaz-Balart
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
State of the Union with Candy Crowley offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, 9 am and 12 pm et
• Republican Senate leader, Sen. Mitch McConnell (KY).
• Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA).
• economic roundtable to discuss this week's economic news.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Front Porch Friday! April 16, 2010 (mp3) Bob is back from Pittsburgh! Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- NEW! ACTION POINT with Cynthia Black on HEAD ON RADIO!
"Solution Politics" Talk Radio Streaming weekends from Head On Radio Network LIVE Saturdays 7pm - 10pm (ET) with repeats all weekend! Pick your HEAD ON STREAMING HERE! TUNE IN NOW!
• No ACTION POINT this week.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #123 Published on 3012 April 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Jason Leopold: BushCo knew most Gitmo prisoners were innocent; Prof. John Laprise: Pres. Ford OK’d wiretaps, break-ins. Leopold is Deputy Managing editor of Truthout.org, and details Lawrence Wilkerson’s sworn declaration that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and others knew that most Guantanamo inmates were innocent of any terrorism crimes, even as they repeatedly lied that all at Gitmo were the “worst of the worst”. The lies continue, with Obama dropping the nomination of Dawn Johnsen to the Justice Dept. following Liz Cheney’s smear of the “al Qaeda 8″. Prof. Laprise of Northwestern has researched the history of computers in the White House, and reports that documents from the Ford administration (with younger Cheney and Rumsfeld in key posts) authorized break-ins and electronic surveillance, after the Nixon blunders but before the 1978 FISA law on wiretapping. Section 2 of the podcast starts at about 41:38
• Info on Podcast #125 Published on 16 April 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Joshua Kors: Shameful treatment of wounded GI’s; Gen. Robert Gard on Obama’s nuclear weapons summit. Kors is a great journalist with a new cover story for The Nation that exposes outrageous treatment of wounded Iraq combat vets. This time, it’s the case of Sgt. Chuck Luther, injured in a mortar blast, who was treated like a Gitmo prisoner when he sought treatment for the injuries, and pressured to accept a discharge that said his war injuries were caused a case of “personality disorder” that preceded his service. Gen. Gard is an elder warrior (Korea, Vietnam) who is Chair of the Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation. He comments on the 47-nation conference about loose nukes held in Washington in mid-April, the new START treaty with Russia and its flaws, Bush’s blunder on our nuclear deal with India, US failure to expose and understand the A.Q. Khan network, and related issues. The second segment starts about 28:30
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
Papantonio: The Tea Party Clown Car Are the Tea Partiers really better educated and wealthier than the rest of society? If you mis-read the recent New York Times poll, you’d probably think that, but the truth is that the people who are backing the Tea Party movement are the ones with the education and money. Mike Papantonio appears on Fox Business’s Happy Hour to talk about why these wealthy backers have the good sense to stay away from the Tea Party protesters, who seem to be getting crazier by the day.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted April 16, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire, former Secretary of Labor and best-selling author Robert Reich will be joining us to talk about the need to break up the too big to fail banks, and why doing so will be necessary to put our economy back on track.
• Salon columnist Glenn Greenwald will be joining us to talk about the upcoming Supreme Court vacancy, and why the current front runner to fill that slot will actually help push the Court even further to the right.
• Comedian Matt Filipowicz will be here to tell us why Southerners are so hung up on honoring the Confederacy, and why they choose to ignore what the Confederate states really represented – Slavery and oppression.Chris Hedges, who says that the tea partiers might actually be proof that some Americans actually want a fascist government.
• And as always, we’ll be looking at all the news that the corporate-controlled media refuses to cover.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• SEC Charges Goldman Sachs with Subprime Fraud Stacy Summary: This is a surprise. Was it the record bonuses? Or the Gods’ Work thing? Mind you, these are just civil charges to which they will merely pay a fine. Now, the question is, where is the Dept of Justice with the criminal charges? Or will the perp walks be rolled out the month before mid-term elections? And can JPMorgan be far behind? They were pushing Magnetar’s similarly constructed CDOs to institutional investors (ie your pension fund) far and wide. READ Goldman Sachs Charged with Fraud and Financial Shares Tumble on Goldman Charges
• Max Keiser – The “Goldman Sachs Are Scum” Video Stacy Summary: A golden oldie perfect for today.
• [KR34] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Scandal! And Birgitta Jonsdottir!! Stacy Summary: In this episode we look at the scandals of Greece winning a loan; the exodus from Iceland while billionaire plunderers receive safe haven in London; and the dumping of US Treasury bonds as American consumers are about to get squished. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Birgitta Jonsdottir, a Member of Parliament in Iceland, about the Black Report into the country’s banking collapse.
• [OTE50] On the Edge . . . with Alex Jones Stacy Summary: Theft and fraud on the edge.
•  The Truth About Volcanic Ash Clouds and the London Fraud Wave Stacy Summary: Enjoy!Download show HERE (mp3).
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Kelley B. Vlahos(mp3) 42:14 April 16, 2010. Featured Antiwar.com columnist Kelley B. Vlahos discusses the resurgence of Bacha Bazi and the sexual exploitation of boys in Afghanistan, Canadian soldiers who were rebuffed by superiors when reporting abuse by their Afghan comrades, US withdrawal from a long-held remote Afghan outpost and the increasingly obvious futility of US and NATO humanitarian efforts and the occupation in general.
• Scott Horton interviews Gen. Bob Gard (mp3) 27:03 April 16, 2010. Lt. General Robert G. Gard, Jr., Chairman of the Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation, discusses the “terrorists with nukes” rhetoric at the Nuclear Security Summit, unsecured fissile material in countries that are beyond the limited scope of Nunn-Lugar, the less-than-stellar security at many US and Russian nuclear sites and how getting the facts right on Iran’s nuclear program is difficult even for the well-informed.
• Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
• Gen. Ray Odierno
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!