Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Focusing on the Taliban advances in Afghanistan and Pakistan, the Sunday Talkies talk military. Or, as Chris Floyd puts it, Rolling Out the Product: A New Full-Court Press for Pakistan War. First, Afghanistan President HAMID KARZAI and Pakistan President ASIF ALI ZARDARI on Meet the David. Then FAUX gets hot air from General DAVID PETRAEUS while This Snufugopolis gets more of the same from United States National Security Advisor & former Marine 4-Star JIM JONES (not to be confused with THIS JIM JONES - you'd think he'd go by something like J.L. Jones or J. Logan Jones or maybe just "Jimmy"). Of course JOHN "CRAZY TRAIN" MCCAIN will be on right after "JIMMY" to back him up in a "bi-partisanshippy" way. Throw a brick (before you throw up). Oh, but it gets better! Face the Bob hosts DICK "Death Eater" CHENEY who will pull a Foghorn Leghorn "Buh buh buh BOY! Yer Doin' it ALL WRONG" imitation in his "CRITIQUE" of the the Obama Administration's handling of the "Global War on Terror" (GWOT for those scoring at home). Yeah go ahead and throw more bricks. PETRAEUS re-animates on State of the King, also featuring The Two Bobs, CORKER and CASEY. 60 Minutes tells us how drone airplane warfare "saves lives" but scroll down to BTV alerts to hear MIKEY WEINSTEIN and JEFF SHARLET tell it a bit differently. Then on Ring of Fire Radio listen to author PRATAP CHATTERJEE on Haliburton's role in privatizing military ops, and the greater incest within the Military-Industrial Complex while PAT LEAHY prattles on about a "Truth" Commission regarding Bush administration's "alleged" War Crimes. We here at Brick TeeVee agree with Stephen Pizzo when he wrote "If this DOJ judgement stands, civics and political science textbook publishers will only have until Fall to correct their texts to reflect this new measure of bad behavior. Among the events currently treated by history books as crimes and crimes against humanity requiring a serious downgrade to simply “serious lapses of judgement" include such events as: Japan: Ordering the “Rape of Nanking”; Germany: Ordering the “Final Solution”; Iraq: Ordering the gassing of the Kurds; Rwanda: Ordering the Rwandan Genocide; Vietnam: Ordering the My Lai Massacre; Palestinians: Ordering the Munich Massacre; Bosnia: Ordering the Srebrenica Genocide". Lastly, check out Max Keiser below for some insight to the continuing financial meltdown, especially the item he links to about insider trading. Might be time to GET OUT while the getting's good. The Brick TeeVee Crew is ahead of the game as gold went over $900 and silver is nearing $14. Nothing like some gold or silver coinage to help with your "personal exit strategy"!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!.
Protesters Disrupt Baucus Health Care Hearing A series of protesters demanding single-payer health care coverage disrupted a Senate Finance Committee roundtable on health care reform Tuesday. See HuffPo Protesters Disrupt Health Care Hearing (VIDEO).
HEALTHCARE NOW! Petition Just as the organized labor and other social justice movements ignited the fire that shaped the FDR era, so we must galvanize a health care movement that will mold the outcome of the era to come. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. called us to this mission: “Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane.” We must stay the course, building support for the national, single-payer health insurance program embodied in HR 676. We cannot join forces with a coalition that will leave the same failed system in place. The popular support for single payer is there if we but hold onto our courage and build the movement to win it. CLICK AND SIGN "I Support HR 676" at healthcare-now.org!
Mikey Weinstein & Jeff Sharlet on Democracy NOW! The military is denying it allows its soldiers to proselytize to Afghans, following the release of footage showing US soldiers in Afghanistan discussing how to distribute Bibles translated into Pashto and Dari. We speak to Air Force veteran and former Reagan administration counsel Mikey Weinstein, founder of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and journalist Jeff Sharlet, author of a Harper’s Magazine article on “The Crusade for a Christian Military.” See “The Crusade for a Christian Military”: Are US Forces Trying to Convert Afghans to Christianity?
MLB on TBS It's The Atlanta Braves @ 2008 World Champs Phillies @ 12:30 pm et
Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN AL Champs Tampa Bay Rays at Boston Red Sox 8 pm et
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
4,287 Military Dead as of May 9, 2009
2,003 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• National Security Adviser Gen. James Jones.
• Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
• Roundtable: ABC's George Will, Cokie Roberts, Sam Donaldson, and former Labor Secretary Robert Reich.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Dick Cheney, Former Vice President
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• America's New Air Force Increasingly, the U.S. military is relying on un-manned, often armed aircraft to track and destroy the enemy – sometimes controlled from bases thousands of miles away from the battlefront. Lara Logan reports.
• The Perfect Spy Steve Kroft examines one of the most mysterious cases in the annals of modern espionage: the curious life and death of Ashraf Marwan, an Egyptian billionaire claimed by both Israelis and Egyptians to be their greatest spy
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• HAMID KARZAI President of Afghanistan
• ASIF ALI ZARDARI President of Pakistan
• ROUNDTABLE: Steve Coll, staff writer for the New Yorker and author of the best-selling book "Ghost Wars," detailing the United States' relationship with Osama bin Laden and engagement in Afghanistan in the years leading up to 9/11; and Andrea Mitchell, NBC's Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• CENTCOM Commander General David Petraeus
• Sen. Bob Corker: (R) Tennessee
• Sen. Bob Casey: (D) Pennsylvania
• Howard Kurtz formerly of CNN's "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- MARON v SEDER
Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
See/hear the show at any time of the day. Get Podcasts, video, audio streams and watch show live at Breakroom LIVE! Very cool! Also available weekday MIDNIGHTS at Ohio Majority Radio
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Senator Patrick Leahy will be joining us to discuss the many crimes of the Bush administration that inspired him to call for the creation of a Commission of Inquiry, which most of the press has labeled a “Truth Commission.”
• We’ll also be talking with Dr. Christoph Westphal, a scientist who believes that his company has found a way to help people live longer and healthier lives, thanks to a compound found in red wine.
• We’ve also got best-selling author David Sirota with us today, and he’s gonna tell us why we shouldn’t be afraid of nationalism, because if you look closely, you’ll see that its already all around us
• We’re also going to be debunking all of the right-wing myths about former president Ronald Reagan with author William Kleinknecht, who’ll tell us how Reagan actually put the policies in place that led to our current economic disaster.
• And we’ll take a closer look at Halliburton’s role in the US military, and find out if its even possible to end this parasitic relationship between the military and private contractors with author Pratap Chatterjee.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Dave Marsh on XM 167 Listen to podcasts of Dave Marsh LIVE! @ xmfan.com via E STREET RADIO.
As reported by ghettodefender Sun, 02/08/2009 - 5:28pm.
wiki: Dave Marsh (born March 1, 1950, Detroit, Michigan) is an American music critic who briefly attended Wayne State University, became a co-founder of Creem magazine, wrote for various publications such as Newsday, The Village Voice, and Rolling Stone, and also edited Rock and Roll Confidential, a newsletter about rock music and social issues. Marsh is also a member of the National Advisory Board of PROTECT: The National Association to Protect Children.
XM put this guy on this afternoon, and I though he was great. Not as good as Sam, but a hella of lot better than a rerun of Rachael. Mostly, he talking about Phelps and our stupid drug laws. He really wanted callers. Was easy to talk to. And never pulled a Randi. Anyway, I don't know anything about him, but so far I'm glad I'm hearing him.
- Max Keiser Radio! Podcasts and more @ Karma Banque Radio!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• STACY SUMMARY: Why do you think Gordon Brown sold half of the UK’s gold supply at the multi-decade low? And do you think the manner of the disposal was an intended to get the lowest price or was just sheer incompetence? By the way, I am making a film about this and have some awesome footage shot over the past year and will be listing it on PirateMyFilm as soon as it is up and running.This week's entries: Brown’s bottom getting bigger every day: Gold: Does Gordon Brown's regret selling half of Britains' gold reserves 10 years ago? AND [Video] Keiser on 4Corners - French protestors, revolution & Donald Trump PLUS Insiders selling at a furious pace
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From May 8, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Mark Manning Documentary filmmaker Mark Manning discusses his film The Road to Fallujah, the events leading up to the 2004 murders of Blackwater contract employees in Fallujah, the terrible toll collective punishment takes on civilians and how open dialogue makes peace possible. Mark Manning is currently involved in multiple film projects that intend to connect people to their common humanity, bridge divides and find common ground by factual and truth based presentations of issues. He is currently in two joint productions with Iraqi filmmakers, in development on a feature film, and is in post-production on a feature documentary that takes an in-depth introspective look at the American culture and people in a post-911 environment.
• General David Petraeus, commander of the United States Central Command
• Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the House
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!