Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
To release pix of torture or not to release. That is the question on the Corporate Talkies's minds (if you can call them that) for this week's Sunday Funnies. It baffles one's mind that TORTURE TECHNIQUES employed since the Dark Ages and used profusely by the bu$h administration are now even being CONSIDERED as a legitimate bone of contention in the face of DELIBERATE ACTIONS by TOP OFFICIALS in the face of 100% LEGAL TREATIES that proscribe otherwise. It is almost LAUGHABLE that Darth Cheney could MAKE OBAMA PROTECT more BCF crimes with ONE APPEARANCE on Face the Bob last week. Glen Greenwald explains it all in Obama's latest effort to conceal evidence of Bush era crimes and We wouldn't want to inflame anti-American sentiment plus The NYT sums up Obama's civil liberties record in one paragraph. MUST READ! Be sure to watch Face the Bob with ANTHONY ROMERO OF THE ACLU while 60 Minutes has SECRETARY OF WAR BOB GATES. We've got a few grudge matches with DNC guy TIM KAINE matching wits with RNC's MICHAEL STEELE on Meet the David and JON KYL vs. JIM WEBB on This Snufagopolis plus KWAZY LIZ CHENEY on the Roundtable. Throw bricks at JOHN "Crybaby" BOEHNER on State of John. Fake News goes All Religious. Don't miss Ring of Fire Radio with discussions on GOP astroturf psyops on climate change, guns, GWOT and high finance. And download ANTIWAR RADIO's interview with former UN Weapons Inspector SCOTT RITTER plus MAX KEISER discussing the world's Financial Oligarchy. The BrickTeeVee crew will be glued to BUMP DAY at INDY starting 12 Noon Sunday on ABC. Throw bricks (just not at the Brickyard!)!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!.
INDYCAR on ABC It's Bump Day for the Indianapolis 500 - LIVE Coverage begins 12 pm until 6 pm et
NBA PLAYOFFS Big Game Sevens with the Rockets @ Lakers at 3:30 et ABC (winner matchup with Denver Nuggets) and Magic @ Celtics 8 pm TNT (winner matchup with Cleveland Cavaliers - the Brick TeeVee Crew is hoping for triple overtime!)
MLB on TBS It's The Minnesota TWINS @ New York YANKEES - 1 pm et
Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN NY Mets at San Francisco Giants - 8 pm et
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
4,296 Military Dead as of May 16, 2009
2,010 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Republican Sen. Jon Kyl of Arizona
• Democratic Sen. Jim Webb of Virginia.
• Roundtable: ABC contributor George Will, James Carville, Democratic strategist, The Nation's Katrina vanden Heuvel, Steve Schmidt, Republican strategist and Liz Cheney, daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney and former State Department official for middle east affairs.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• REP. PETER KING R-New York
• ANTHONY ROMERO Execitive Director ACLU
• JOHN DICKERSON CBS News Political Consultant
• JOAN BISKUPIC USA Today
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Secretary Of War Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates discusses the war in Afghanistan in a candid and wide-ranging interview with Katie Couric, who accompanied him to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan.
• AIG Ed Liddy, the man who took over the reins of out-of-control American International Group – the failed insurance giant to which the government has made $180 billion available in aid – speaks to Steve Kroft about the gargantuan task ahead.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• GOV. TIM KAINE (D-VA) Chairman, Democratic National Committee
• MICHAEL STEELE Chairman, Republican National Committee
• RON BROWNSTEIN Political Director, Atlantic Media & Columnist, National Journal
• ROUNDTABLE: Council on Foreign Relations' Richard Haass, Newsweek's Jon Meacham, The Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan, and National Journal's Ron Brownstein.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• White House Budget Director Peter Orszag
• House Minority Leader John Boehner
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz of CNN's "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- MARON v SEDER
Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
See/hear the show at any time of the day. Get Podcasts, video, audio streams and watch show live at Breakroom LIVE! Very cool! Also available weekday MIDNIGHTS at Ohio Majority Radio
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Author and Middle East expert Reza Aslan will be here to tell us why the US can’t win the war on terror – not because we don’t have the manpower or the firepower – but because we still don’t understand that we can’t win a war against an ideal.
• We’ve also got Steve Koepp, editor of Fortune magazine, who’ll tell us about the history of financial scandals in the United States, and why these scandals have helped to create better rules to regulate our financial markets.
• Cathie Whittenburg, Director of the New England Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence, will tell us why there has been such a surge in gun violence this year, and what the powerful gun lobby is doing to keep things this way.
• And we’ll be talking with author Glenn Hurowitz about the latest GOP spin on climate change, including an analysis of their latest talking point, which is that combating global warming is actually going to hurt the economy.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Max Keiser Radio! Podcasts and more @ Karma Banque Radio!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• STACY SUMMARY: I love the comparisons between UK and Norway. They had similar quantities of oil, albeit very different sized populations, but what they did with their income and where they now stand says a lot. They say every democracy gets the leader they deserve so it makes sense that the UK and US governments are as in debt as their populations and vice versa. Which came first the wild speculating population or the wild speculating governments of the US/UK economies? Norway thrives by going against the tide (must read). This week's audio:  The Truth About . . . Financial Oligarchy - 16 May 2009 About 1 hour.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From May 8, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Scott RitterFormer UN weapons inspector Scott Ritter discusses the newly assertive U.S. role in relations with Israel, how ending nationalism-inspiring threats against Iran will allow a moderate government to take hold, Israel’s inability to destroy Iran’s nuclear facilities without U.S. help, how missile defense provokes nuclear proliferation and why nuclear weapons can and should be abandoned in our lifetimes. Scott Ritter is a former Marine Corps intelligence officer and a United Nations weapons inspector in Iraq. He is the author of numerous books, including Waging Peace: The Art of War for the Antiwar Movement and Target Iran: The Truth About the White House’s Plans for Regime Change.
• Rev. Richard McBrien, professor of theology, University of Notre Dame
• Rev. Frank Pavone, national director of Priests for Life
• Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., Senate minority leader
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!