Brick TeeVee is a preview of the Sunday Talking Head Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media, plus some good progressive radio and who will be on which show. If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have, please share below. Post your comments while you watch! It's fun, it's healthy and doggonit at least we'll know others can also see through the media manipulation that blankets our public airwaves. DEBUNK HERE!
So, with no further ado, I present to you This Week's Brick TeeVee entry!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Last weekend the Brick TeeVee crew made a roadtrip to the University of Buffalo NY to watch (with our own eyes) General Wesley Clark & Karl Rove square off on the issues. You can read Fisrt-Hand Accounts here, here and here. Listen to Audio of the debate from WBFO
(hat tip to Mary @ CCN). What a great time! Check out when Rove gets boo'd. Meanwhile, in DC, we see the merging of the Democrats and Republicans into the One Corporatist Party in passing H.R. 1424 The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008
So you won't be surprised when every creepy gov't official takes to the airwaves to boast how GREAT this package is! (nowhere to be found is Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, Bernie Sanders, Paul Krigman and others for the altternate take on this disaster). Cage Matches abound! This Snufagopolis has PAWLENTY vs RENDELL and MARTINEZ vs SHERROD BROWN. Face the Bob has GRANHOLM vs FEINSTEIN & ROY BLUNT vs HEATHER WILSON. Meet the Tom goes with a mega-rountable while U-Boat Captain Blitzer goes with more cage matches featuring Rahm Emanuel vs MARSHA BLACKBURN. A moment of sanity is on FAKE NEWS SUNDAY with BROOKS JACKSON, director of FactCheck.org. 60 Minutes has a feature "Wall Street's Shadow Market" but it's too little, too late. Don't be totally dismayed! Ring of Fire features GREG PALAST and DAN CANTOR, executive director of the Working Families Party (for those that find either party repulsive). The Brick TeeVee crew hunkered down during the Biden-Palin "debate". NOTHING said was beyond boilerplate. See Third Party VP Candidates Matt Gonzalez and Rosa Clemente Respond to Biden-Palin Debate COMING UP: Obama vs. McCain Round 2 on Tuesday Oct. 7th. Supply yer own barf bags and "Hi Bob" drinking words!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
NASCAR ON ABC Race #4 of The Chase! It's the Amp Energy 500 at the 2.66-mileTalledga Superspeedway in Alabama. Travis Kvapil is the polesitter. Carl Edwards is the highest starting Chaser in 12th. Coverage begins at 1 pm et.
MLB DIVISION SERIES ON TBS TBS has all the Division Series games!
Phillies @ Brewers - 1:00 pm et (Philly up 2-1) Gm 4
Rays @ White Sox - 4:00 pm et (Tampa up 2-0) Gm 3
Angels @ Red Sox - 1:00 pm et (Boston up 2-0) Gm 3
Cubs @ Dodgers - 10:30 pm et (Dodgers up 2-1) Gm 4
LPGA ON NBC Samsung World Championship, Final Round. 4:00 pm et
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
107 days until our national nightmare is over
4,177 Military Dead as of Oct 4, 2008
1,985 days since "Mission Accomplished"
- This Week (ABC)
• Gov. Ed Rendell, D-Pa.
• Gov. Tim Pawlenty, R-Minn
• Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Fla.
• Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio
• Roundtable:Time Magazine's Karen Tumulty, The Nation's Katrina Vanden Heuvel, The Wall Street Journal's Gerald Seib, and ABC News' George Will
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Gov. Jennifer Granholm, D-Mich.
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.
• Rep. Roy Blunt, R-Mo.
• Rep. Heather Wilson, R-N.M
• DAVID BROOKS, New York Times
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Wall Street's Shadow Market Steve Kroft looks at some of the arcane Wall Street financial instruments that have magnified the economic crisis.
• Kill Bin Laden The officer who led the army’s Delta Force mission to kill Osama bin Laden after 9/11 reveals what really happened in Tora Bora, Afghanistan, when the al-Qaeda leader narrowly escaped. Scott Pelley reports.
• The Race For The Electric Car Lesley Stahl reports on the race to develop and produce a viable electric car being waged between Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and Detroit auto. (Dear Leslie: They HAD an electric car! And they CRUSHED them ALL! -Ed.)
- Meet the Press (NBC) Tom Brokaw, host
• PAUL BEGALA, Democratic Strategist
• MIKE MURPHY, Republican Strategist & NBC News Political Analyst
• ROUNDTABLE: David Gregory, Gwen Ifill, Peggy Noonan, Chuck Todd and David Yepsen.
- Late Edition (CNN) J
• Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill
• Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn
• Washington Post reporter Barton Gellman, author of a new book on Vice President Dick Cheney
• Nancy Pfotenhauer, adviser to John McCain
• New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
- Seder on Sunday! CANCELLED - WATCH THIS SPACE for Seder News
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/ and http://goleft.tv/
• Investigative journalist and author Greg Palast will be here to tell us how we can steal back our vote from the GOP, before they steal it from us! To learn more, make sure you visit StealBackYourVote.org.
• Media critic Elliot Cohen joins us to talk about how the McCain – Palin campaign has brainwashed Americans into thinking that they actually represent “change.”
• Author Andrew Bacevitch will tell us how the Bush Doctrine has made America less safe, and has helped foster terrorism around the globe.
• We’ll also be talking with Dan Cantor, executive director of the Working Families Party, who’ll tell us why we need a bailout for Main Street, and not Wall Street.
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- "Massa In The Morning"
"Massa In The Morning" is quick, topical, smart, sometimes hilarious, and ALWAYS kind. With co-host Bill Berry, EVERY Sunday morning from 10am til noon Eastern time!
WHHO-AM 1320 Streaming ON-LINE at http://www.hornellradio.com
(you do have to register, so go register now if you want to listen tomorrow.)
CALL IN! 607-324-2000 (yer cell phone minutes are FREE on the weekends!)
• Sens. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn.
• Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo
• Brooks Jackson, director of FactCheck.org, a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!
or a tomato