Brick TeeVee is a preview of the Sunday Talking Head Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media, plus some good progressive radio and who will be on which show. If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have, please share below. Post your comments while you watch! It's fun, it's healthy and doggonit at least we'll know others can also see through the media manipulation that blankets our public airwaves. DEBUNK HERE!
So, with no further ado, I present to you This Week's Brick TeeVee entry!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
BLAGO! BLAGO! BLAGO! CARS! CARS! CARS! If you've been living in a cave this week, then tune in to the Sunday Funnies to catch up! The blogosphere is ripe with speculation of "What did Team Obama know and when did they know it" when Obama said he didn't have any contact with the beleaguered indicted and arrested Governor from Illinois but his main guy Axelrod said they've been "having discussions" a week ago. Looks like Senate Candidate 5, now known as US Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., might have been "having discussions" to raise $1,000,000 for Blago's re-election or something. It's all so tawdry, isn't it? Ya know, it's not just Blago. It's Eliot Spitzer in NY. In Ohio they got MARC DANN in a "sting" and also Cleveland's Dem Chairman and Cuyahoga Commish JIMMY DiMORA among others. OH YEAH they already got KWAMI KILPATRICK in Detroit, didn't they? And don't forget CHARLIE "Where's my General" RANGEL, too. It's more like how DON SEIGELMAN describes it: The Politization of the DA's Office. It's happening across the country, kinda like a POLICE STATE, ain't it? Funny how Fitz said the wiretaps "were court ordered". HA! Like he didn't know he had a MONTH to get one to stop "a terrorist" or anything else. And EVERY wiretap is "court ordered" per the FISA CAVE IN. We don't really know what ISN'T a "legal" wiretap, do we? Get out your fresh load of bricks for BOB "I hate unions" CORKER on Face the Bob and Fake News. Save some bricks for the CEO ROUNDTABLE on Meet the Dave (yes David Gregory gets the post at Press The Meat and they give him like a dozen guests so he doesn't have to talk too much). Then save a breakfast donut for JOHN MCCAIN on This Snufagupolis. On the CAR front, look for Michigan Guv JENNIFER GRANHOLM also on Meet the Dave. CARL LEVIN will Face the Bob opposite CORKER and DEBBIE STABENOW will try to reach the Faux News viewership, who are convinced the UAW is responsible for the economic meltdown. Look for SHERROD BROWN of Ohio on Face the Bob too, where Ohio has been taking it on the chin since NAFTA passed. Wolfie has UAW prez RON GETTELFINGER to tell everyone how deluded Corker really is. After you're footballed out stay tuned to 60 Minutes for a segment with BARNEY FRANK. Then tune to Ring of Fire Radio with an EXCELLENT interview with ROBERT WEISSMAN about the Ten Worst Corporations of 2008 and RICK HIND of Greenpeace on the failure of the bu$h administration to act on the 911 Commission's recomendations to secure US chemical plants. The Brick TeeVee crew is BAFFLED why The Big Three (or two and a half) have been chastised for weeks yet the Big Money Banks get $TRILLIONS$ of taxpayer money, no questions asked with ABSOLUTELY NO OVERSIGHT. We point you to MarketWatch's PAUL B. FARRELL Wall Street's 'Disaster Capitalism for Dummies': 14 reasons Main Street loses big while Wall Street sabotages democracy for some clarity. Farrell concludes, "Yes, officially America is still a democracy. We have enough signs and rituals to support that illusion. But the truth is America has become a plutocracy run by and for the wealthy. And since Wall Street's Disaster Capitalism coup de grace, we are rapidly morphing into a dangerous new government." Yes We Can?
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
BradBlog on Peter B Collins Brad Freidman joins Peter for another Election Protection Hour! Catch the podcast at Green 960 here: Peter B Collins 12-12-08 H3
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
37 days until our national nightmare is over
4,209 Military Dead as of Dec 12, 2008
2,055 days since "Mission Accomplished"
- This Week (ABC) Exclusive! Senator John McCain
• Sen. John McCain R-AZ
• ROUNDTABLE: PBS' Gwen Ifill, the New York Times' Paul Krugman, The Wall Street Journal's Gerald Seib, and ABC News' George Will.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• SENATOR CARL LEVIN, Democrat – Michigan
• SENATOR BOB CORKER, Member, Senate Banking Committee, Republican – Tennessee
• SENATOR SHERROD BROWN, Member, Senate Banking Committee, Democrat – Ohio
• LISA MADIGAN, Illinois Attorney General
• MICHAEL ERIC DYSON, Georgetown University
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Barney Frank Lesley Stahl talks to Rep. Barney Frank (D.-Mass.), whose position as House Financial Services Committee Chairman puts him right in the middle of the huge and controversial government bailouts, first for the financial industry and now for Detroit's automakers.
• Where's The Bottom? The mortgage mess that touched off the financial meltdown is far from over, with a second wave of expected defaults on the way that could deepen the bottom of this recession. Scott Pelley reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC) This week marks the debut of "Meet the Press with David Gregory!"
• Illinois Lt. Gov. Pat Quinn (as reported by AP)
• GOV. JENNIFER GRANHOLM D-Michigan
• FMR. GOV. MITT ROMNEY (R-MA) 2008 Republican Presidential Candidate, Founder, Bain Capital
• CARLY FIORINA Fmr. CEO, Hewlett-Packard
• LEE SCOTT, President & CEO, Wal-Mart
• ERIC SCHMIDT, CEO, Google
• MARY MITCHELL Editorial Board Member & Columnist, Chicago Sun-Times, Radio Talk-Show Host, WVAZ-V103
• CHUCK TODD, Political Director, NBC News
- Late Edition (CNN) Wolf Blitzer, host
• Sen. John Ensign, R-Nev.
• Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa
• Gene Sperling, former Clinton economic adviser
• Ron Gettelfinger, president of United Auto Workers
- MARON v SEDER Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE Weekdays at 3 pm et! amazing graphic & logo by nicole s. Go to MaronvSeder.com to watch & listen! Very cool!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• We’ll be taking a look at the 10 worst corporations of 2008 with Robert Weissman, editor of the Multinational Monitor, and co-author of the book “On the Rampage.”
• Rick Hind, legislative director of Greenpeace, will be here to tell us how the Bush Administration failed to secure America’s largest chemical plants, leaving us very vulnerable to a terrorist attack.
• Documentary film director Stefan Forbes will be joining us to talk about the legacy of Lee Atwater – the father of modern-day filth politics.
• And Mark Potok, editor of the Intelligence Report by the Southern Poverty Law Center, joins us to talk about the racist activities occurring as a result of Barack Obama’s electoral victory.
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- NEW SHOW! UNREPORTED NEWS on KPHX The Unreported News Radio Show is a show about how Main Stream Media ignores certain News Stories about the issues that affect the Lives of so many people. The Unreported News Radio Show will look at these issues and discuss the ways we can pushback on Mainstream Media for fair Reporting. 11 am et on www.1480KPHX.com
• Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn.
• Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich.
• Tom Cross, Illinois House Republican leader
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!