Brick TeeVee is a preview of the Sunday Talking Head Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media, plus some good progressive radio and who will be on which show. If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have, please share below. Post your comments while you watch! It's fun, it's healthy and doggonit at least we'll know others can also see through the media manipulation that blankets our public airwaves. DEBUNK HERE!
So, with no further ado, I present to you This Week's Brick TeeVee entry!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
All told it looks like WE the US TAXPAYERS are on the hook for about $700 BILLION not to mention Bear-Stearns and Freddie/Fannie on top of that. Meanwhile all those companies' CEOs and Board Members who paid themselves handsomely all these years are enjoying nice long vacations in their mansions and on their yachts. Bailouts for people who are being foreclosed on? Hell no! They're just not BIG ENOUGH to be rescued! Maybe they'll be able to find their bootstraps while living in their cars. Meanwhile, the White House Limo backs up to TREASURY SECRETARY HANK PAULSON's office and drives him to FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN to proclaim to the masses "We've got it under control (suckers)". Don't miss RON PAUL on with Wolfie to explain Fractional Banking and the fraud that is the Federal Reserve Bank. This Snugalopolis matches CHRIS DODD against JOHN "Crybaby" BOEHNER while Face the Bob features BARNEY FRANK and RICHARD SHELBY. Meet the Tom has NYC Mayor Bloomberg (R-D-I). Later on 60 Minutes catch interviews with OBAMA & MCCAIN. (If you've had enough of these two clowns and can't figure out who to vote for, review the Third Party Candidates' Statement of Principles.) Don't forget Ring of Fire Radio with JAY INSLEE talking about offshore drilling and SARAH BROWN to talk about the failure of the GOP’s abstinence-only policies. Ration your bricks this week for ole Hank spinning his "free markets are good as long as they can make billions and get bailed out by the government" speil on all the major shows. The Brick TeeVee crew missed last week as we're trying to get to as many home games as we can before the baseball season closes.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
NASCAR ON ABC Race #2 of The Chase! It's the Camping World RV 400 presented by AAA at the Dover International Speedway in Delaware. Coverage begins at 1 pm et. (Think Joe Biden will show up?)
MLB ON TBS TBS joins the MLB family with their NEW weekly Sunday Afternoon Baseball Game. This week it's the Boston Red Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays - 1:30 pm et
RYDER CUP ON NBC LIVE from Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Kentucky. First tee time for match play is 12:03 pm et
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
121 days until our national nightmare is over
4,168 Military Dead as of Sept 19, 2008
1,971 days since "Mission Accomplished"
- This Week (ABC)
• Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson
• Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT)
• Rep. John Boehner (R-OH)
• Roundtable: ABC News' Sam Donaldson, Cokie Roberts, ABC News consultant Donna Brazile
- Face The Nation (CBS)TOPIC: The Republican National Convention
• HENRY PAULSON, Treasury Secretary
• REP. BARNEY FRANK, D-MA, Chairman, House Financial Services Committee
• SEN. RICHARD SHELBY, R-AL, Ranking Member, Senate Banking Committee
- 60 Minutes (CBS) NEW SHOW!
• The Candidates In separate interviews and for the whole hour, the two parties' presidential nominees are questioned on the big issues, including the faltering U.S. economy, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, energy policy and health care. Steve Kroft interviews Democrat Barack Obama and Scott Pelley interviews Republican John McCain
- Meet the Press (NBC) Tom Brokaw, host
• HENRY PAULSON, Secretary of the Treasury
• MICHAEL BLOOMBERG, New York City Mayor
• ROUNDTABLE: Steve Pearlstein of the Washington Post, and CNBC's Steve Liesman and Erin Burnett.
- Late Edition (CNN) John McCain and Barack Obama accept their party's nominations and set their sights on the White House. Wolf sits down with key supporters from both campaigns Plus, the best political team on television gets you ready for the final two months of this historic presidential race.
• Douglas Holtz Eakin, adviser to John McCain
• Austan Goolsbee, adviser to Barack Obama
• former Rep. Rob Portman, R-Ohio
• Gene Sperling, former Clinton administration economic adviser
• Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas
- Seder on Sunday! CANCELLED - WATCH THIS SPACE for Seder News
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/ and http://goleft.tv/
• Congressman Jay Inslee will be here to tell us why the Democrats voted to allow offshore drilling, and what Congress is doing to promote alternative energy sources.
• Author Rick Shenkman will tell us how, when it comes to political knowledge, American voters simply don’t get it.
• Dr. Lincoln Mitchell from Columbia University will join us to talk about the ongoing conflict between Russia and Georgia, and the political ramifications it could have for the 2008 election.
• We’ll take a look at how the GOP’s abstinence-only policies have actually caused an increase in unwanted teenage pregnancies with Sarah Brown, Director of The National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack!
- "Massa In The Morning"
"Massa In The Morning" is quick, topical, smart, sometimes hilarious, and ALWAYS kind. With co-host Bill Berry, EVERY Sunday morning from 10am til noon Eastern time!
WHHO-AM 1320 Streaming ON-LINE at http://www.hornellradio.com
(you do have to register, so go register now if you want to listen tomorrow.)
CALL IN! 607-324-2000 (yer cell phone minutes are FREE on the weekends!)
- fauxnews EXCLUSIVE! (Surprised? -Ed.)
• Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson
• Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz
• Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Are you going to brave the Sunday shows?
So if you're going to be watching, jot down which show you're watching,and how many minutes in it was from the beginning of the show. We'll have every moment of every show recorded. And please include the subject line "Sunday Shows" on any email tip you send in. Send tips to email@example.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!
or a tomato