Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Valentine Extinction Level Event From the Common Dreams staff Tens of Thousands Across Europe Protest Against ACTA with wire reports from Reuters, RT and the BBC. Also at the BBC Acta: Germany delays signing anti-piracy agreement Germany has halted signing a controversial anti-piracy accord, the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (Acta), after the justice ministry voiced concerns. A foreign ministry spokesperson told AFP that the delay was to "give us time to carry out further discussions". Latvia put off ratification on Friday. Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia have already delayed the process.
Following up on last week's shitstorm we have a KOMEN UPDATE: Marie Diamond at ThinkProgress reports on Tuesday BREAKING: Anti-Choice Komen VP Karen Handel Resigns, Admits Role In Planned Parenthood Decision Today, Karen Handel, Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s controversial Senior Vice President of Public Policy, resigned in protest of the organization’s decision to consider reinstating funding for cancer screenings at Planned Parenthood health centers. Handel has been at the center of the firestorm surrounding the organization’s unpopular decision to sever ties with Planned Parenthood — a decision that was reversed just a few days later following a massive backlash from supporters and its own employees. ... Handel does not specifically defend the rules she pushed through, but decries the charity’s decision to reverse course, arguing that the proper procedure was followed: [statement] The idea that Komen wanted to stop funding cancer screenings for poor women to distance itself from controversy is particularly ironic, given that their decision accomplished just the opposite. The organization’s popularity has plummeted and they are already struggling to lure back donors. Handel not only has a long anti-choice history, but pledged to eliminate grants for Planned Parenthood to provide breast and cervical cancer screenings when she ran for governor of Georgia in 2010. In the letter, Handel declines any severance package, which will allow her to speak openly about her differences with Komen.
Think Progress has THIS NEWS FLASH! BREAKING: Federal Appeals Court Finds Proposition 8 Unconstitutional In a 2 to 1 ruling, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has affirmed Judge Walker’s decision declaring that Proposition 8 violates the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the Constitution. “Proposition 8 serves no purpose, and has no effect, other than to lessen the status and human dignity of gays and lesbians in California, and to officially reclassify their relationships and families as inferior to those of opposite-sex couples,” Judge Stephen Reinhardt wrote in the majority opinion. The Court clarified that their ruling is “unique and strictly limited” to California’s Proposition 8. Supporters of the measure can now either ask for a hearing before the full circuit or appeal the decision to the Supreme Court. It’s likely that the courts will maintain a stay on Walker’s ruling, preventing same-sex marriages from taking place. Read the decision HERE. Developing…
Dave Johnson over at OurFuture.org blogs Anti-Union FAA Bill Passes Congress The FAA reauthorization bill has passed Congress with its anti-union provisions. Once again big companies of the 1% were able to use their money and power to buy legislation that hurts 99% of us. And many Dems joined in. Watch the powerful video at the end of this post. TPM has the headline that just about covers it: Senate Dems Greenlight Key Anti-Union Bill [...] Michael McAuliff couldn't resist at HuffPoAOL Senate Passes FAA Bill With Anti-Union Measure ... Another bad day for labor, assisted by Senate Dems. CWA President Larry Cohen, saying the FAA Bill is an Attack on Workers: [Watch VIDEO!]
PRNewswire has this press release from the AFA-CWA Senate Passage of FAA Reauthorization Attacks Collective Bargaining Rights The Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA) today issued the following statement after the U.S. Senate passed the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reauthorization bill that contained a vicious attack on bargaining rights for workers in the aviation and rail industries: "AFA has long been a proponent of passing a comprehensive funding bill that allows the FAA to move forward on vital safety and airport improvement projects that help to enhance the world's greatest aviation system. Corporate interests and right-wing ideologues took this vital piece of legislation and used it to destroy collective bargaining affecting workers across the country.
"The 157 House Democrats and 15 Democratic Senators who stood up for collective bargaining should be lauded as heroes. Still, the sneak attack against American workers slipped through this Congress. Elections have consequences and this vote will too. We will not forget and we will continue to build a movement of the 99% to stand up and fight back."
Then the New York Times editorializes about A Terrible Transportation Bill The list of outrages coming out of the House is long, but the way the Republicans are trying to hijack the $260 billion transportation bill defies belief. This bill is so uniquely terrible that it might not command a majority when it comes to a floor vote, possibly next week, despite Speaker John Boehner’s imprimatur. But betting on rationality with this crew is always a long shot. Here is a brief and by no means exhaustive list of the bill’s many defects... More whack-a-moles!
Brady Dennis at WaPo Business tells us Proposed settlement with banks over foreclosure practices dealt a setback New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman abruptly called off a news conference at which he could have provided a crucial endorsement of a proposed settlement with some of the nation’s biggest banks over shoddy foreclosure practices. Schneiderman’s unexplained last-minute postponement cast another cloud of uncertainty over the ongoing negotiations, which have dragged on for more than 16 months. State and federal officials have been intent on finalizing the deal by the end of the week. .... One person familiar with the negotiations said several banks wanted Schneiderman to withdraw a suit he filed on Friday against prominent financial firms, saying they had acted deceptively by filing erroneous and fraudulent foreclosure documents through a popular electronic mortgage registry designed to allow firms to save time and money by bypassing local property recording requirements. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the talks were ongoing. It was unclear whether Schneiderman had intended on Tuesday to address the status of those lawsuits during the news conference. ... At 5:49 p.m., the office sent another alert saying that the call had been “postponed indefinitely.” The office did not respond to a request for comment. ...... Although fellow attorneys general prefer that Schneiderman support the deal, his long-standing criticism of the negotiations has caused acrimony and infighting. From the time he took office in January 2011, Schneiderman insisted that any robosigning settlement with banks should not grant a legal release from separate claims over how they bundled and sold mortgages to investors, a process known as “securitization.” Rather, he argued in favor of a more comprehensive investigation of mortgage-related misdeeds aimed at reaching a larger settlement with banks down the line. Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller, the top state official leading the negotiations, removed Schneiderman from the coalition’s executive committee last summer, saying he had “actively worked to undermine” the efforts to reach a settlement. The move backfired, with some lawmakers, editorial boards and liberal activists rallying behind Schneiderman and praising his skepticism of the talks and his push for more in-depth inquiries...... Shanthi Bharatwaj at TheStreet.com has more in Banks Get Respite -- Foreclosure Crisis Put on Hold New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman might be holding all the cards in a highly anticipated foreclosure settlement between the 50 states and the big banks. The deadline for the states to agree on the deal has been extended once again to Thursday from Monday, and it looks like negotiations could still fall through. States including California, Florida, Nevada, Arizona and New York are yet to sign on to the deal and banks are reportedly balking at a recent lawsuit by the New York AG's office, according to recent press reports. Last Friday, Schneiderman sued Bank of America(BAC), JPMorgan Chase(JPM) andWells Fargo(WFC) over their use of Mortgage Electronic Registration System or MERS, an electronic mortgage database, saying it resulted in deceptive and illegal practices, including false documents used in foreclosure proceedings. ... Reports suggest that the New York AG might be willing to sign the settlement if it means he can proceed with his MERS lawsuit. That might be a deal-breaker for banks, however, who have been seeking immunity from future mortgage liability claims from states and believe that claims related to MERS must be included in the mortgage settlement.... Yes earlier in the week we were optimistic this deal would fall through. We'll let Yves Smith give the really bad news The Top Twelve Reasons Why You Should Hate the Mortgage Settlement As readers may know by now, 49 of 50 states have agreed to join the so-called mortgage settlement, with Oklahoma the lone refusenik. Although the fine points are still being hammered out, various news outlets (New York Times, Financial Times, Wall Street Journal) have details, with Dave Dayen’s overview at Firedoglake the best thus far. The Wall Street Journal is also reporting that the SEC is about to launch some securities litigation against major banks. Since the statue of limitations has already run out on securities filings more than five years old, this means they’ll clip the banks for some of the very last (and dreckiest) deals they shoved out the door before the subprime market gave up the ghost. The various news services are touting this pact at the biggest multi-state settlement since the tobacco deal in 1998. While narrowly accurate, this deal is bush league by comparison even though the underlying abuses in both cases have had devastating consequences. The mortgage settlement terms have not been released, but more of the details have been leaked: .... 2. Schneiderman’s MERS suit survives, and he can add more banks as defendants. It isn’t clear what became of the Biden and Coakley MERS suits, but Biden sounded pretty adamant in past media presentations on preserving that. 3. Nevada’s and Arizona’s suits against Countrywide for violating its past consent decree on mortgage servicing has, in a new Orwellianism, been “folded into” the settlement. 4. The five big players in the settlement have already set aside reserves sufficient for this deal. Here are the top twelve reasons why this deal stinks: Go there to read all twelve! Unbelievable! This stinks. Then at businessinsider.com Julia La Roche watches Dick Bove Goes Ballistic Over The 'Mortgage Deal From Hell' Rochdale's Dick Bove went on a tirade this morning on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" claiming the joint state-federal mortgage settlement, which he dubbed in a note earlier as "the mortgage deal from hell," unfairly impacts those homeowners who pay their bills. "If you're going to do something which is going to reduce the value of existing homes where people are making payments then every American should stop making payments on his mortgages and send a letter to the Attorney General in his state and say 'I qualify to have my principal reduced because I'm not going to make any more payments on my house,'" Bove said. ... Go there and watch Bove's rant! Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi weighs in explaining Why the Foreclosure Deal May Not Be So Hot After All: ...However, now that the settlement is finalized, and I've had time to think about it and talk to people who know far more than I do about this, I'm feeling pretty queasy. It feels an awful lot like what happened here is the nation's criminal justice honchos collectively realized that a thorough investigation of the problem would require resources they simply do not have, or are reluctant to deploy, and decided to accept a superficially face-saving peace offer rather than fight it out. So they settled the case in a way that reads in headlines like it's a bite out of the banks, but in fact is barely even that. There will be little in the way of real compensation for stuggling (sic) homeowners, and there are serious issues in the area of the deal's enforceability. In fact, about the only part of the deal we can be absolutely sure will be honored in full is the liability waiver for the robosigning offenses. ...Really this looks like America's public prosecutors just wilted before the prospect of a long, drawn-out conflict with an army of highly-paid, determined white-shoe banker lawyers. The message this sends is that if you commit crimes on a large enough scale, and have enough high-priced legal talent sitting at the negotiating table after you get caught, the government will ultimately back down, conceding the inferiority of its resources.... My mistake in looking at this deal a few weeks ago, when details of it first leaked out, was in focusing on how much worse it could have been, instead of thinking about how bad it still is. The only acceptable foreclosure deal had to bring about a complete end to robosigning and the other similar corrupt practices that grew up around it ... But this deal not only doesn't end robosigning, it officially makes getting caught for it inexpensive. Shame on me for ever thinking that might be a good thing.
Also over at ZeroHedge.com is a Guest Post: Why Our Currency Will Fail submitted by ChrisMartenson.com The idea that the very same economic forces that are currently plaguing Greece, et al., are somehow not relevant to the United States' circumstances does not hold water. As goes the rest of the world, so goes the US. When we back up far enough, it is clear that money and debt are there to reflect and be in service to the production of real things by real people, not the other way around. With too much debt relative to production, it is the debt that will suffer. The same is true of money. Neither are magical substances; they are merely markers for real things. When they get out of balance with reality, they lose value, and sometimes even their entire meaning. This report lays out the case that the US is irretrievably down the rabbit hole of deficits and debt, and that, even if there were endless natural resources of increasing quality available at this point, servicing the debt loads and liabilities of the nation will require both austerity and a pretty serious fall in living standards for most people. ... And at the national level, if we say we are a nation of laws, but the Justice Department selectively prosecutes only the weak and relatively powerless while leaving the well-connected and moneyed entirely alone, then the narrative that says "we are a nation of blind justice and equal laws" falls apart. I wish this was just some idle rumination, but I see more and more examples validating the importance of alignment of narrative and behavior. Because when there is a disconnect between words and actions, anxiety and fear take root. Unfortunately, there is quite a lot to fear and be anxious about in the most recent State of the Union address and GOP response. The recent State of the Union speech by Obama, and its Republican response, are both remarkable for what they say as well as what they don't say. The summary is this: The status quo will be preserved at all costs. Here are a few examples of the sorts of disconnects between rhetoric and reality that are absolutely toxic to the morale of all who are paying the slightest bit of attention..... Good Read!
Check out this ASIA TIMES ONLINE EXCLUSIVE By Hamza Ameer and Ihsanullah Tipu Mehsud: Taliban eat into Afghanistan's core ISLAMABAD - As the United States steps up efforts to engage the Taliban and al-Qaeda in a peace process for Afghanistan, elements of the Taliban have initiated their own plan focusing on regaining the power they lost in 2001 following the US-led invasion. This involves hijacking the efforts and finances that the US is investing in training and equipping the Afghan National Army (ANA) and the Afghan National Police (ANP). Well-placed sources in the Taliban who are based in the Pakistan tribal region on the border with Afghanistan have told Asia Times Online on the condition of anonymity that massive numbers from both the ANA and the ANP will switch and join the Taliban on the eve of the scheduled withdrawal of foreign forces from Afghanistan. The US and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) set a deadline for all security tasks to be transferred to Afghan forces by the end of 2014. However, this week, US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said that US troops would phase out their combat role by mid-2013. ..... The Taliban source claimed that leading commanders of both the ANA and the ANP had contacted Taliban leaders through tribal liaisons in southeastern, southwestern and northern Afghanistan and requested to join the Taliban unreservedly once the peace talks bore fruit and paved the way for the draw-down of foreign troops. Those peace talks are already a source of controversy. This week, the Afghan Taliban denied planning to hold preliminary talks with representatives from the Afghan government in Saudi Arabia. Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said this was "not true". ... A top Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (Pakistan Taliban) commander, Mullah Nazeer Ahmad, independently confirmed the Taliban claims of planned defections from the ANA and the ANP. His militants hold sway in the South Waziristan tribal area and across the border in Afghanistan's Paktika, Zabul, Ghazni and Kandahar provinces. The sources refused to reveal the names or positions of the ANA an ANP commanders who had expressed a willingness to defect due to security reasons and the likelihood of retribution against them from the authorities. The sources said that they would join the Taliban with their arms caches. In light of this, the Taliban would stop attacking them as a sign of goodwill and focus on foreign troops.....
Next Steven Zunes of the University of San Fransisco writes about
Syrian Repression, the Chinese-Russian Veto, and U.S. Hypocrisy commondreams.org Published on Wednesday, February 8, 2012 by Foreign Policy in Focus As the Syrian regime continues to slaughter unarmed civilians, the major powers at the United Nations continue to put their narrow geopolitical agenda ahead of international humanitarian law. Just as France shields Morocco from accountability for its ongoing occupation and repression in Western Sahara and just as the United States shields Israel from having to live up to its obligations under international humanitarian law, Russia and China have used their permanent seats on the UN Security Council to protect the Syrian regime from accountability for its savage repression against its own citizens.On Saturday, Russia and China vetoed an otherwise unanimous UN Security Council resolution condemning the ongoing repression in Syria and calling for a halt to violence on all sides, unfettered access for Arab League monitors, and “a Syrian-led political transition to a democratic, plural political system, in which citizens are equal regardless of their affiliations or ethnicities or beliefs.” Although the joint Russian and Chinese veto of the resolution is inexcusable, the self-righteous reaction by U.S. officials betrays hypocrisy on a grand scale and fails to take into account a series of policy blunders that have contributed to the tragic impasse. Since 1970, China has used its veto power eight times, Russia (including the former Soviet Union) has used its veto power 13 times, and the United States has used its veto power 83 times, primarily in defense of allies accused of violating international humanitarian law. Forty-two of these U.S. vetoes were to protect Israel from criticism for illegal activities, including suspected war crimes. To this day, Israel occupies and colonizes a large swath of southwestern Syria in violation of a series of UN Security Council resolutions. Yet Secretary of State Hillary Clinton insists that it is the Russians and Chinese who have “neutered” the Security Council’s ability to defend basic human rights..... Such double standards inevitably raise questions about what is actually motivating the United States and other Western powers, which have long been the primary backers of Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, and other Arab dictatorships that have unleashed state violence against unarmed pro-democracy demonstrators....
Please read all of this article.
Chomsky calls this the "International Community" aka "The Washington Consensus": Those that "go along" with "The Washington Consensus" are part of the "International Community".
Next Glenn Greenwald writes about Israel, MEK and state sponsor of Terror groups Lots to read there so here is the premise: One of the most under-reported political stories of the last year is the devoted advocacy of numerous prominent American political figures on behalf of an Iranian group long formally designated as a Terrorist organization under U.S. law. A large bipartisan cast has received substantial fees from that group, the Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK), and has then become their passionate defenders. The group of MEK shills includes former top Bush officials and other Republicans (Michael Mukasey, Fran Townsend, Andy Card, Tom Ridge, Rudy Giuliani) as well as prominent Democrats (Howard Dean, Ed Rendell, Bill Richardson, Wesley Clark). As The Christian Science Monitor reported last August, those individuals “have been paid tens of thousands of dollars to speak in support of the MEK.” No matter what one thinks of this group – here is a summary of its activities – it is formally designated as a Terrorist group and it is thus a felony under U.S. law to provide it with any “material support.” There are several remarkable aspects to this story. ..... Yet here we have numerous American political figures receiving substantial fees from a group which is legally designated under American law as a Terrorist organization. .... Given all the prosecutions of politically powerless Muslims for far fewer connections to Terrorist groups than the actions of these powerful (paid) political figures, what conceivable argument is there for not prosecuting Dean, Giuliani, and the rest of them for providing “material support for Terrorism”? What they are providing to MEK is the definitive “material support.” Although these activities (along with those of the above-listed prosecuted Muslims) should be protected free speech, the U.S. Government has repeatedly imprisoned people for it.... Read all of it! It's unbelievable! At the end Greenwald lists these Four notes: (1) The book event I did with Noam Chomsky last November in Boston will be broadcast several times this weekend on C-SPAN; the schedule is here; (2) The New Zealand political journal Listener has an interview and profile of me and With Liberty and Justice for Some; (3) the video for two of the civil liberties events I did this week are now online: this one at Indiana University/Purdue and this one from Columbia University; and (4) I’ll be the keynote speaker at the annual dinner of the ACLU in Idaho tomorrow night; ticket information is here.
We think Erik Loomis said it best this week when he said about the KEYSTONE XL PIPELINE "This victory should remind us of the other beautiful places in the United States permanently destroyed by dirty energy's drive to maximize profit at the expense of ecological and human health." The TRANSNATIONAL EXTRACTION CORPORATIONS continue their Race To The Bottom while IGNORING SOUND GLOBAL SCIENCE by MONITIZING everything, with workers being the easiest to exploit for that positive profitable quarterly earnings report, destroying or disrupting entire cultures and ecosystems in their insatiable appetite for PROFIT driving the entire planet nearer to an Extinction Level Event. Rebecca Leber at ThinkProgress finds out BP Made $3 Million An Hour In 2011, While Spill Victims Continued To Suffer BP’s 2010 Gulf of Mexico spill is still affecting the lives of many Americans, particularly the tens of thousands that have not settled lawsuits with the company. Yet the company has bounced back from the billions it lost in the wake of the spill. BP announced today that its 2011 profit totaled $26 billion, a 114 percent jump from the year before, when the company’s “failure of supervision and accountability” caused the worst oil spill in U.S. history. As the company prepares for its upcoming trial, let’s take a look at how BP has made out after the Deepwater Horizon disaster... Go read the rest at Think Progress and while you're there check out these items at Joe Romm's Climate Progress NASA: Human Activity Causes Global Warming, Not Solar Activity
, Methane Emissions Measured Over Gas Field Double Industry Claims & Study: 'The Greater the Coverage of Climate Change, the Greater the Public Concern'
Erik Loomis at Alternet outlines the 5 Amazing Places in the US in Danger of Being Destroyed by Dirty Energy (h/t bob) We've won a temporary reprieve from the Keystone XL Pipeline, but there are still places greatly at risk in the country. ... This victory should remind us of the other beautiful places in the United States permanently destroyed by dirty energy's drive to maximize profit at the expense of ecological and human health. Here are five American places under grave threat from the fossil fuel industry. NUMBER ONE: WEST VIRGINIA - Nowhere in the United States has suffered more damage from the energy industry than West Virginia. The early-20th-century coal industry ran the isolated valleys of West Virginia as a medieval fiefdom until the United Mine Workers brought the industry to heel. Today, the coal industry has turned to mountaintop removal to pull the coal from the mountains. This process blows up mountains, allowing the companies to shovel out the coal at low cost. The pulverized land is dumped into the valleys below, choking streambeds and exposing local residents to hazardous chemicals. It leads to the erosion and deforestation that has contributed to widespread local flooding over the past decade. While profitable for industry, mountaintop removal is a disaster for humans and ecology. Recent studies have shown abnormally high birth defect rates in counties afflicted by mountaintop removal. The coal industry's insulting response to this study was to suggest incest was the real culprit. Even though impoverished West Virginians are desperate for coal jobs, local residents have organized to fight mountaintop removal. Groups like Mountain Justice draw attention to mountaintop removal's horrors , but while environmentalists are aware of the problem, halting the practice has never been at the top of progressives' national agenda. It should be. This is the greatest environmental and human health disaster happening in the United States today. Click over for the other four, no less important. While you're over there check out these at the AlterNet Enviro desk New Tool Reveals Country's Most Polluted Places: How Close Do You Live?, Conservatives Use Creationist Playbook to Attack Climate Change Education in Schools and Why a Likely Natural Event Could Cause Nuclear Reactors to Melt Down and Our Grid to Crash.
FUKUSHIMA UPDATE: from BeyondNuclear.org Extraordinary music video: Japanese youth speak truth to power in aftermath of Fukushima Nuclear Catastrophe FRYING DUTCHMAN humanERROR rocks the street with spoken word in an anguished, angry, yet hopeful, inspiring, and empowering "No Nukes!" marathon jam session. On Saturday Japan holds peaceful march against nuclear power (Mail & Guardian, NZ) Thousands of Japanese joined a march against nuclear power as worries grow about the restarting of reactors idled after the March 11 meltdown disaster in north-eastern Japan. Harvey Wasserman writes at freepress.org We may yet lose Tokyo….not to mention Alaska…and now Georgia, too As the Nuclear Regulatory Commission approves a construction/operating license for two new reactors in Georgia, alarming reports from Japan indicate the Fukushima catastrophe is far from over. Thousands of tons of intensely radioactive spent fuel are still in serious jeopardy. Radioactive trash and water are spewing into the environment. And nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen reports that during the string of disasters following March 11, 2011's earthquake and tsunami, Fukushima 1's containment cap may actually have lifted off its base, releasing dangerously radioactive gasses and opening a gap for an ensuing hydrogen explosion. There are some two dozen of these Mark I-style containments currently in place in the US. ..... But the biggest shock waves this week were caused by Tama University Professor Hiroshi Tasaka, a key advisor to Prime Minister Naoto Kan during the Fukushima disaster. Warning that Fukushima is "far from over," Tasaka said official assurances of the complex's alleged safety were based on "groundless optimism." Tasaka cited more than 1500 fuel rods dangerously exposed to the open atmosphere at Unit Four alone. The waste problem has gone nationwide, he said in a newly published book, as "the storage capacities of the spent fuel pools at the nation's nuclear power plants are reaching their limits." Tasaka's statements came as a new temperature spike unexpectedly stuck Fukushina Unit Two. For reasons not yet clear, heat releases in excess of 158 degrees Farenheit spewed from the core, prompting Tokyo Electric to pump in more water and boric acid meant to damp down an apparently on-going chain reaction. Prof. Tasaka and others warn that this in turn will contribute to spreading still more radiation into the water table and oceans...... More info at NukeFree.org.
All this reminds us of the intro to Busta Rhymes "Extinction Level Event".
- But I'm afraid the endtime is near. The cataclysmic apocalypse referred to in the scriptures of every holy book known to mankind. It will be an era fraught with boundless greed and corruption, where global monetary systems disintegrate, leaving brother to kill brother for a grain of over-cooked rice. The nations of the civilized world will collapsed, under the oppressive weight of parasitic political conspiracies, which remove all hope and optimism from their once faithful citizens. Around the globe, generations of polluters will be punished for their sins. Unshielded by the o-zone layer they have successfully depleted, left to bake in the searing, naked rays of light. Wholesale assassinations serve to destabilize every remaining government. Leaving the starving and wicked to fend for themselves. Blood-thirsty renegade cyborgs, created by tax-dodging corporations, wreak havoc. Pissed off androids, tired of being slaves to a godless and gutless system where the rich get richer and the poor get fucked over and out, unleash total worldwide destruction by means of nuclear holocaust, annihilating the terrified masses, leaving in its torturous wake nothing but vicious, cannibalistic, mutated, and horribly disfigured hordes of satanic killers bent on revenge, but against whom? There are so few left alive. Starvation reigns supreme, forcing unlucky survivors to eat anything and anyone in their path. Massive earthquakes crack the planets crust like a hollow eggshell, causing unending volcanic eruptions. The creatures of the seven seas, unable to escape to certain death upon land, boil in their liquid prison. Disease encircles the Earth. Plagues and viruses with no known cause or cure laying waste to whatever draws breath. And humankind, having proven itself to be nothing more than a race of ruthless scavengers, fall victim to merciless attack at the hands of interplanetary alien tribes, who seek to conquer our charred remains. This is extinction level event: the final world front and there is only one year left.
Our LAST WORD comes from Tim Kinnaird's comments who posted this at the article in Asia Times:
- Victory will be declared, freshly liberated school children and women will be paraded about, peace shall reign! Both "equal partners", that is until the cameras are switched off. Then, surely as night follows day, Karzei will be dumped overboard, along with his "liberated" citizens. And thus, our "Operaton Enduring Freeom" will sink with nary a murmur, a footnote for a gravestone. Amnesia will block our ears and blind our eyes, -a mere channel flick away. Afghanistan will fall to the floor, the discarded toy of a malevolent child. Worry not, nor envy the psychopath's sleep, for the horror we have wrought. All corpses rot to dust, and true human remains are found only in the minds of orphans and hearts of widows. And they too do soon turn to dust. And for all the hawks who "loved" our troops, who brayed for the bombs, the air strikes, the torture and the murder, who cheered the bravery of our soldiers, will dare not brave the stares of our victims: here come the bereaved, zombied by misery, their eyes painted in pictures of their dead. They trail galleries of the thousands, hundreds of thousands killed for nothing but our policy failures. What one thousandth child would not break your faith, what one thousandth child would not now, in the candle light of your private thought, make every cheek blush? Take heart, it is almost over. We still yet have a few more of our young men to sacrifice. As life's last light leaves the eyes of another dead soldier, who in the acute brilliance of his youth and innocence, set down childish things to take up our banners, and die in this wasteland, please whisper a reason. Say anything, pretend anything, give them something to hold on to. Only you who supported this war will be left alone to live with your reasons.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Chris Woods, Award-winning reporter with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism in London @ Democracy NOW! U.S. Accused of Using Drones to Target Rescue Workers and Funerals in Pakistan Feb 6, 2012
»»» Patrick Seale leading British writer on the Middle East @ Democracy NOW! A Struggle for Regional Supremacy: Syria Conflict Escalates as World Powers Debate Assad’s Future Feb 7, 2012
»»» Michael Ratner, president emeritus of the Center for Constitutional Rights @ Democracy NOW! U.S. Maintains Embargo of Cuba After 50 Years, Despite International Condemnation RELATED: "Who Killed Che? How the CIA Got Away with Murder": New Book Ties Johnson Admin to Guevara’s Death Feb 7, 2012
»»» Nicholas Peart of the Brotherhood/Sister Sol & Jamel Mims, organizer with the Stop Mass Incarceration Network @ Democracy NOW! Ramarley Graham: NYPD Slays Unarmed Black Teen as Outrage over Targeting of People of Color Grows Feb 8, 2012
»»» Paul Roberts, adviser on international media and communications, the President’s Office, Republic of Maldives @ Democracy NOW! He is currently in an undisclosed location as he fears his own arrest. Coup in Maldives: Adviser to Ousted Pres. Mohamed Nasheed Speaks Out from Hiding as Arrest Sought RELATED: Ousted Maldives Pres. Mohamed Nasheed a Leading Voice for Island States Threatened by Global Warming with 350.org's BillMcGibbon & filmmaker Jon Schenk Feb 9, 2012
»»» YVES SMITH @ Democracy NOW! 50-State, $25B Mortgage Settlement: Relief for Struggling Homeowners or Bailout for Big Banks? Feb 10, 2012
»»» NYT's Charles Duhigg & Mike Daisey playwright and actor @ Democracy NOW! Apple, Accustomed to Profits and Praise, Faces Outcry for Labor Practices at Chinese Factories
»»» Reed Brody counsel and spokesperson for Human Rights Watch in Brussels @ Democracy NOW! Spanish Judge Garzón Disbarred in Trial Seen as Retaliation for Trailblazing Human Rights Work Feb 10, 2012
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW United Supreme Koch I'm just checking that everybody saw this. I particularly like the musical selection. Says Josh Bolotsky of The Other 98%: "On the second anniversary of the Citizens United decision, we joined together with the Backbone Campaign to bathe the Supreme Court building with giant dollar signs. The video turned out great, and has received a pretty incredible reception." “The Kochs and their kind are engaged in a hostile corporate takeover of our nation’s political system,” said John Sellers, co-founder of The Other 98%. “We’ve come to the scene of the crime today – the U.S. Supreme Court – to tell the justices exactly what we think of the infamous Citizens United ruling that made that takeover possible.” Enjoy.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» PBA on ESPN It's the WSOB CHAMELEON OPEN! Coverage begins at 3 pm et
»»» NASCAR on SPEED Daytona week is coming! Shootout practices next Saturday!
»»» NBA on TNT! Double-header Thursday! Celtics @ Bulls 8 pm et then Clippers @ Blazers 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
October2011.org Sign the Petition to Get the 99% Deficit Proposal Heard in Congress
- Please SIGN THE PETITION in support of the "99%'s Deficit Proposal" and plan direct actions to tell the Super Committee that the 99% have better solutions to our nation's crises. You can plan your own action at your Congressmember's office or join us in Freedom Plaza in Washington, DC for marches to Capitol Hill. Check our calendar for announcements.
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.org A Push for Privacy in the Wake of the Carrier IQ Controversy Remember Carrier IQ, the company that makes the secret spying software that’s installed on more than 140 million phones? You know, the software that can record our most sensitive personal data? ... Thanks in part to the 22,000 people who joined Free Press’ call for a congressional investigation, some of those questions are closer to being answered and mobile users are closer to being protected. The protection comes in the form of a bill from Massachusetts Rep. Ed Markey. Markey released a draft of a bill called the “Mobile Device Privacy Act” that would require phone companies to disclose to users just what is being done with all of their data. If the bill passes, an opt-out provision would go into effect a year later and would require companies to allow users to opt out of data-collection schemes like the one developed by Carrier IQ........
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
UPDATE! BRADLEY MANNING UPDATE: Robert Parry Exclusive America’s Debt to Bradley Manning So, it was useful to examine the WikiLeaks documents regarding the election of the new IAEA leader in 2009 to understand why this flip may have occurred. What those classified State Department cables show is that the IAEA’s new director general, Japanese diplomat Yukiya Amano, credited his victory largely to U.S. government support and promptly stuck his hand out for U.S. money. Further, Amano left little doubt that he would side with the United States in its confrontation with Iran and that he would even meet secretly with Israeli officials regarding their purported evidence on Iran’s nuclear program, despite the fact that Israel is arguably the world’s preeminent rogue nuclear state and rejects IAEA inspections of its own nuclear sites. According to U.S. embassy cables from Vienna, Austria, the site of IAEA’s headquarters, American diplomats in 2009 were cheering the prospect that Amano would advance U.S. interests in ways that outgoing IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei wouldn’t. ..... In private, Amano agreed to “consultations” with the head of the Israeli Atomic Energy Commission, Pyatt reported. (It is ironic indeed that Amano would have secret contacts with Israeli officials about Iran’s alleged nuclear weapons program, which has yet to yield a single bomb, when Israel possesses a large and undeclared nuclear arsenal.) In a subsequent cable dated Oct. 16, 2009, the U.S. mission in Vienna said Amano “took pains to emphasize his support for U.S. strategic objectives for the Agency. Amano reminded ambassador [Glyn Davies] on several occasions that … he was solidly in the U.S. court on every key strategic decision, from high-level personnel appointments to the handling of Iran’s alleged nuclear weapons program. “More candidly, Amano noted the importance of maintaining a certain ‘constructive ambiguity’ about his plans, at least until he took over for DG ElBaradei in December” 2009. In other words, the emerging picture of Amano is of a bureaucrat eager to bend in directions favored by the United States and Israel, especially regarding Iran’s nuclear program. Amano’s behavior surely contrasts with how the more independent-minded ElBaradei resisted some of Bush’s key claims about Iraq’s supposed nuclear weapons program, denouncing some documents as forgeries. Today, with some Republican presidential contenders falling over themselves to bond with Israel over its desire to attack Iran, this sort of detail puts the IAEA report into a fuller context that can help American voters judge whether another war is necessary or whether they’re being misled again by hyped allegations. More at link...
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,484 US Military Dead as of Dec 31, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,893 US Military Dead as of Feb 9, 2012
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) anchor George Stephanopoulos
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum
• White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew
• House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, political strategist and ABC News contributor Donna Brazile, Fox News contributor and co-founder of Keep America Safe Liz Cheney, and Washington Post columnist David Ignatius
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer this Sunday: Live from Miami
• GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-TX)
• Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
• White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew
- 60 Minutes (CBS) "60 Minutes Presents: Three Remarkable Women," a special hour hosted by Morley Safer
• Deception at Duke - Scott Pelley reports on a Duke University oncologist whose supervisor says he manipulated the data in his study of a breakthrough cancer therapy. Kyra Darnton is the producer.
• India's Gold -The demand for gold in India accounts for an amazing 32 percent of the worldwide market for the precious metal. And no wonder. The most important tradition at nearly all the 10 million annual weddings in India is the lavish gold jewelry. Byron Pitts reports. David Schneider is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• GOP Hopeful Rick Santorum
• White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew
• ROUNDTABLE: head of the Super PAC supporting Pres. Obama, Bill Burton; Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan; Washington Post's EJ Dionne, and MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew
• Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum
• Sen. Joseph Lieberman
• Reporter Panel: CNN’s Senior Congressional Correspondent Dana Bash, and Time Magazine’s Washington Bureau Chief Mike Duffy.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!! Super Pope/Rabbi/Imam Bob whacks some moles! Listen HERE (mp3) NOW
• THORN IN THE SIDE THURSDAY!!!!! with Sesame Street & Justice SOTOMAYOR and some CPAC coverage too!! And of course the rest of the H.O.R.N. family chimes in! Listen HERE (mp3) NOW
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - February 9, 2012 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Santorum down the rabbit hole; New nukes for the US; Clean energy breakthroughs: seaweed ethanol, highest efficiency solar panels ever, plastic-eating fungus; PLUS: 'Betty Crocker Solar Power Cake Powder' ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Interior Dept drilling reg enforcement is ‘erratic’, ‘inadequate’; Green economy lost fewer jobs in Great Recession; Big Oil: record profits by pumping less gas; Sea to submerge Louisiana by 2100: study; Frustrated fracking co. begins eminent domain proceedings against homeowners; 9/11 experiment shows whales affected by human noise; Wind energy does not contribute to global warming ... PLUS: Good news: Himalayas and nearby peaks have lost no ice in past 10 years: study ... and much, MUCH more! ...
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are on a holiday break until the first week of January. You have my warm holiday wishes and best for the New Year. If you are in the Bay Area, I will be on KGO 810 AM 12/24 from 8-11am and 1/7 from 11am to 2pm. Others can catch the stream at kgoradio.com. We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Podcast 374 Barry C. Lynn of Harper’s on the New Monopolies; Prof. Elaine Hagopian on the Syrian Civil WarBarry C. Lynn of New America Foundation talks about his cover story in February Harper’s; Prof. Hagopian offers detailed hystory of Syria and her views on the civil war.
• PBC Podcast 377 Boiling Frogs: Shahid Buttar Fights For the Bill of Rights, Against NDAA and Police State Shahid Buttar of BORDC on the struggle to maintain our Constitutional rights in the face of our emerging police state, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds.
• PBC Standard Podcast 9/11 Case Against Cheney and Rumsfeld Thrown Out–Attorney Bill Veale Explains; Blogger Steve Horn Reveals Warren Buffet’s Profit Plans for Keystone-XL Pipeline Attorney William Veale talks about dismissal with sanctions of case against Cheney and Rumsfeld for liability for events of 9/11; Steve Horn of DeSmogBlog reveals how Warren Buffet is poised to profit from Keystone-XL pipeline.
• PBC Standard Podcast Stanford Prof. Joel Brinkley Exposes Rampant Drug Use by Afghan Troops; Prof. Steven Zunes Hammers All Hypocrites in UN Syria Resolution Veto Stanford Journalism Prof. Joel Brinkley talks about his recent column about the hopeless war in Afghanistan; USF Prof. Stephen Zunes on the rampant hypocrisy on all sides in the UN Syria resolution veto.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! February 10, 2012
• Eric Boehlert from Media Matters will be here to tell us how Fox News has actually helped destroy the Republican Party.
• Documentary film director Josh Fox will join us for a discussion about why he was thrown out of Congress last week.
• Author Corey Robin will join us to talk about how the conservative culture of the Republican Party was created to help keep the lower classes of society in their place.
• Author and Nation magazine contributor Ari Berman will tell us how the GOP is trying to re-segregate the South.
• And Laura Clawson, labor editor for The Daily Kos, will join us to talk about how rich executives are squeezing everything from their workers, while playing the victim to the public.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: How The Right Wing Assault on Unions Backfired When a cabal of right wing governors took power in 2010, they had a list of goals that they wanted to accomplish to make sure that they stayed in power as long as possible. On the very top of that list of goals was to demonize and then systematically destroy America’s unions and the entire organized labor movement. By doing that, they believed that they would effectively kill one of the largest Democratic fundraisers in the country. But as we’ve seen in places like Wisconsin and Ohio, the attacks on unions are backfiring, and have created a massive backlash. But that hasn’t stopped the right wing attacks on organized labor, and Mike Papantonio spoke with Nation correspondent John Nichols recently to get some insight into the GOP war on unions.
• Support Those Who Support Progressive Media! 2011 has certainly been a great year for Ring of Fire, and we’ve had some great sponsors that have helped support the show throughout the year. We wanted to take the time to personally thank each and every one of them, and we encourage all of our listeners to take the time to support those who have support us.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Robert Kuttner on the Prospect of Banks Doing the Perp Walk [02•06•12]
• Sara Robinson on the Paradigm Shift in American Politics [02•07•12]
• Ari Berman on the Resegregation of the South [02•08•12]
• Sarah Posner on the Birth Control / Freedom of Religion Controversy [02•09•12]
• Jeff Smith on the OWS Bus & Black Bloc in Occupy Wall Street [02•09•12]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• Scientists melt mystery over icecaps and sea levels by stacyherbert - STACY SUMMARY: Once again, more precise satellite data which has been collected in past few years providing more precise data for scientists to understand the totality of our great ( in terms of size and complexity) ecosystem in which satellite data is now confirming sea levels are rising exactly in the range as predicted by paper models: READ Scientists melt mystery over icecaps and sea levels (bloomberg)
• Gold/Silver Vigilante No. 1 Throws Down! See Eric King interviews Eric Sprott – Extremely important interview and listen to the mp3
• KEISER REPORT Warren Pollock responds to Keiser Report interview with Gonzalo Lira
• KEISER REPORT [KR246] Keiser Report: It’s All Legal, Folks! We discuss the supercommittee that runs America, the perils of Draghi’s “blitz” and the IMF turnaround on austerity for Greece. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Gonzalo Lira about austerity, printing and running.
• KEISER REPORT [KR247] Keiser Report: Black Holes & Gold Hills We discuss the latest discoveries of blackholes in the financial universe and the populations growing permanently poorer as a result. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Dr. Yanis Varoufakis about financial horror, a currency from which you can’t escape and the Greek situation.
• KEISER REPORT [KR248] Keiser Report: FBI vs Gold Standard ‘Extremists’ We discuss the gold standard extremism and how your dollar got to be worth just 3.8 cents. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Francine McKenna of reTheAuditors.com about the crimes and illegitimate activity of the MF Global collapse.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Michael Hudson Posted on January 29, 2012 by stacyherbert
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-352] The Truth About Markets – 11 February 2012 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Jacob Hornberger February 5, 2012: Jacob Hornberger, founder and president of the Future of Freedom Foundation, discusses “The War on Terrorism, the Constitution, and Civil Liberties” college speaking tour, featuring Jacob, Bruce Fein and Glenn Greenwald from February 6th-9th; the rising tide of Americans who refuse to trade liberty for “security,” 9/11 justification be damned; reasserting the legal and constitutional limitations on government power; and the slippery slope of War on Terror abuses, such that the indefinite detention and torture of American citizens is the new normal.
• Flynt Leverett February 5, 2012: Flynt Leverett, former Senior Director for Middle East Affairs at the National Security Council, discusses his article “Hype or Reality: Will Israel Attack Iran Before the U.S. Presidential Election;” Israel’s inability to cripple Iran’s nuclear enrichment facilities without putting boots on the ground; why the US may not join the fight if Iran’s response is limited and doesn’t result in American casualties; how Obama’s “feckless” style of leadership is failing to dissuade Bibi Netanyahu from attacking Iran; indications that Mossad accepts the 2007 Iran NIE’s conclusions, and isn’t eager to start a war; Israel’s policy choices in response to the Arab Spring; and the lost opportunity in 2003 to engage Iran in talks, which could have converted Hamas and Hezbollah into demilitarized political organizations.
• Muhammad Sahimi February 7, 2012: Muhammad Sahimi, Professor of Chemical Engineering and political columnist on Iran issues, discusses the latest anti-Iran talking point from World Net Daily and serial propagandist Reza Kahlili (“Ayatollah: Kill all Jews, annihilate Israel“); what Alireza Forghani, the blogger in question, really said about Israel and preemptive strikes; and why many Americans want to believe every anti-Muslim propaganda piece they see.
• Chris Woods February 7, 2012: Chris Woods, documentary producer and freelancer for The Bureau of Investigative Journalism, discusses his article “Obama terror drones: CIA tactics in Pakistan include targeting rescuers and funerals;” why these attacks qualify as state terrorism by any sensible definition; how the MSM enables government officials to smear their critics behind a veil of anonymity; the circumstantial evidence that former CIA Director Leon Panetta was responsible for the targeting of rescuers and funeral goers; and why the time is ripe for formal investigations, now that Obama himself has outed the “secret” war in Pakistan.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
john amato michael steele
• White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew
• former Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml