Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
The New Rentiers Class Remember those drones the Obama administration denies exist? Well maybe they could be nuclear powered in the future! However MobileMag.com says Nuclear-Powered UAV Drones Not Happening Anytime Soon ... UAV drones and its impact would have taken on another dimension if the feasibility study done by Sandia National Laboratories and Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation hadn’t been ended. Their project summary, which was obtained and published by the Federation of American Scientists (FAS), indicates that scientists are checking out the possibility of nuclear-powered drones which will increase the operating time of drones by months. Sandia however has since made the following statement: “Sandia is often asked to look at a wide range of solutions to the toughest technical challenges. The research on this topic was highly theoretical and very conceptual. The work only resulted in a preliminary feasibility study and no hardware was ever built or tested. The project has ended.” Being a touchy area, the word “nuclear” was not mentioned in the project summary published by FAS. But there are clear indications in the research summary that the researchers are working on power sources other than derived from petroleum products and that the primary source under investigation is nuclear. The FAS points out at words used in the report such as “safeguards,” “decommissioning and disposal,” suggesting that the technology being considered is nuclear. Besides, Dr Steven B Dron, the lead investigator for the project at Sandia, is a nuclear propulsion expert, says FAS. Sandia hasn’t flatly denied FAS’s assumptions either.... Hmmmmm. Next JAMES BAMFORD at wired.com follows up his blockbuster The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say) we reported last week with Shady Companies With Ties to Israel Wiretap the U.S. for the NSA (h/t jen) ...But one of the agency’s biggest secrets is just how careless it is with that ocean of very private and very personal communications, much of it to and from Americans. Increasingly, obscure and questionable contractors — not government employees — install the taps, run the agency’s eavesdropping infrastructure, and do the listening and analysis. And with some of the key companies building the U.S.’s surveillance infrastructure for the digital age employing unstable employees, crooked executives, and having troubling ties to foreign intelligence services, it’s not clear that Americans should trust the secretive agency, even if its current agency chief claims he doesn’t approve of extrajudicial spying on Americans. His predecessor, General Michael V. Hayden, made similar claims while secretly conducting the warrantless wiretapping program. ..... In addition to constructing the Stellar Wind center, and then running the operation, secretive contractors with questionable histories and little oversight were also used to do the actual bugging of the entire U.S. telecommunications network. According to a former Verizon employee briefed on the program, Verint, owned by Comverse Technology, taps the communication lines at Verizon, which I first reported in my book The Shadow Factory in 2008. Verint did not return a call seeking comment, while Verizon said it does not comment on such matters. At AT&T the wiretapping rooms are powered by software and hardware from Narus , now owned by Boeing, a discovery made by AT&T whistleblower Mark Klein in 2004 . Narus did not return a call seeking comment. What is especially troubling is that both companies have had extensive ties to Israel, as well as links to that country’s intelligence service, a country with a long and aggressive history of spying on the U.S. In fact, according to Binney, the advanced analytical and data mining software the NSA had developed for both its worldwide and international eavesdropping operations was secretly passed to Israel by a mid-level employee, apparently with close connections to the country. The employee, a technical director in the Operations Directorate, “who was a very strong supporter of Israel,” said Binney, “gave, unbeknownst to us, he gave the software that we had, doing these fast rates, to the Israelis.” Because of his position, it was something Binney should have been alerted to, but wasn’t. .... Much more at Wired.com! Here's some good news about the Murdoch Propaganda Network! The BBC reports James Murdoch resigns as BSkyB chairman James Murdoch has resigned from his role as chairman of UK broadcaster BSkyB, but will remain on the board. The move is part of an effort to distance that company from the phone-hacking scandal at the News of the World newspaper, once a Murdoch title. It means he no longer has a major role at a UK company. He also stood down as chairman of the newspaper publisher, News International, last month. ... James Murdoch said in a statement that he did not want BSkyB to be undermined by "matters outside this company". Sources told Robert Peston, the BBC's business editor, that it was Mr Murdoch's own decision to leave. .... Our correspondent says that Mr Murdoch has been braced for serious criticism of his stewardship of News International by the Commons Culture, Media and Sport select committee. However, he adds that his resignation has not been prompted by any advance knowledge of the report into hacking due for release soon by the committee. .... A representative of the Hacked Off campaign group, which helps victims of phone hacking, said the change in role did not get those affected nearer to the truth about what happened. "It's quite clear that this is, as befits a news family, a form of news management," said Evan Harris, a former Liberal Democrat MP and member of the group. "But I repeat - what the victims that Hacked Off seeks to represent want is the full story to come out and not just people leaving a small fraction of their income behind as they go on to other parts of the business," he told BBC News. .... MORE PEPPER SPRAYING Washington post reporter Elizabeth Flock explains how more
Santa Monica College students pepper-sprayed while protesting expensive courses More than two dozen Santa Monica College students were pepper-sprayed Tuesday night after they tried to enter a trustees meeting while chanting “Let us in” and “No cuts, no fees, education should be free.” Raw video posted to YouTube shows the students screaming and crying as they hold their hands to their eyes. A college spokesman told the Associated Press that it was the “judgment of campus police that the crowd was getting out of hand,” noting that this was the first time pepper spray had been used on campus. The incident is the latest reflection of rising anger on California campuses over spending cuts to higher education.... Travis Waldron at ThinkProgress adds California Students Pepper-Sprayed While Protesting Tuition Hikes Caused By Budget Cuts The school recently announced a plan to raise prices on its most popular courses, creating an unequal, two-track cost system and raising problems for cash-strapped students who are already struggling to keep up with rising tuition rates. Even NPR got this one VIDEO: Pepper Spray Used At Another California Student Protest UNBELIEVABLE but so true in the New Police State of the Union. Anybody remember the FIRST AMENDMENT where it unambiguously states the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances? How much more of this police violence will our society tolerate? When is it going to be too much? We return to the beginnings of the current war-on-terriers police state.
The ACLU released this statement ACLU Comment on Charges Against Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Other 9/11 Suspects
- The cases of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and other detainees accused of participating in the 9/11 attacks were officially referred today for trial by military commission at Guantánamo Bay. Prosecutors have 30 days to hold an arraignment, which American Civil Liberties Union Executive Director Anthony D. Romero plans to attend.
“The Obama Administration is making a terrible mistake by prosecuting the most important terrorism trials of our time in a second-tier system of justice. Whatever verdict comes out of the Guantánamo military commissions will be tainted by an unfair process and the politics that wrongly pulled these cases from federal courts, which have safely and successfully handled hundreds of terrorism trials,” Romero said.
“The military commissions were set up to achieve easy convictions and hide the reality of torture, not to provide a fair trial. Although the rules have been improved, the military commissions continue to violate due process by allowing the use of hearsay and coerced or secret evidence. The American people have already waited far too long for justice for the 9/11 attacks, and the administration’s use of the military commissions means that justice will never truly be achieved, in the eyes of our nation or the rest of the world.”.
In April 2011, the Obama administration reversed a 2009 decision to try the men in federal court and decided instead to try them at Guantánamo using military commissions that have been broadly criticized.
Over at truth-out.com Kraft Foods Joins Coca-Cola and Pepsi in Leaving Corporate Front Group ALEC by Suzanne Merkelson, Republic Report Earlier today, we reported that Coca-Cola and PepsiCo said they would leave the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), the corporate front group that pushes controversial laws like Stand Your Ground and disenfranchising Voter ID laws in state legislatures across the country. Citizen groups, led by Color of Change, have pressured the corporations that fund ALEC to quit the group, arguing that the popular consumer companies should not back laws harmful to the communities in which their shareholders, employees, and customers live and work. Last week, the editors of Republic Report, along with Color of Change , Rebuild The Dream , and Center for Media and Democracy wrote to the 20 corporations on ALEC’s board asking them to stop supporting this controversial group. One of the 20 was Kraft Foods Inc., which initially said that it would remain with ALEC. Republic Report’s Zaid Jilani and Lee Fang visited Kraft’s Washington, D.C. lobby offices last week, asking about the letter we wrote: [....] Late in the day on Thursday, Kraft Foods Inc, said in an emailed statement that it would leave ALEC.... Read more at The Center for Media and Democracy's ALEC EXPOSED website! Join all these organizations and PUSH BACK on the regressive right agenda, one issue at a time!
From the WAR ON WOMEN DESK JugOPunch offers this from crooksandliars.com The Right-Wing War on Women Is Much More Real Than You Think Reince Priebus wants you to believe there's no right-wing war on women, at least not as far as the Republican Party is concerned. But he's not telling you the whole story. The ugly truth is that the recent outbreak of viral misogyny among right-wingers is really only the tip of the iceberg. Underneath the unpleasant Rush Limbaugh bloviation eruptions is a massive lava bed of festering male insecurities and psychopathic hatred of women -- and it's only bubbling to the surface now in relatively watered-down forms. To understand this, you need to look at the festering pit of pathetic maledom that the "men's rights" movement has become in recent years. A recent piece by Arthur Goldwag in the SPLC's Intelligence Report delves these depths with aplomb: Read on!
At Seattle PI Catholic bishops bless gay marriage rollback The two bishops of the Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle, in a letter to the faithful, say they will deploy parishes to collect signatures for Referendum 74, a measure for the November ballot designed to roll back same-sex marriage in Washington. While asking that signatures not be collected on Easter Sunday, the bishops described the issue as “critically important” and said information on the signature drive is being sent to pastors throughout the Western Washington diocese. .... State Sen. Ed Murray, D-Seattle, a Catholic and long-partnered gay man who sponsored the same-sex marriage bill, described the bishops’ deployment of parishes to gather signatures as “fairly reprehensible.” “To use church resources, in advancing a measure that promotes discrimination, is incredibly disappointing,” Murray said. “As a gay person, and a Catholic, I can understand their refusal to perform (gay) marriages. Using the church in promoting a referendum . . . is very disappointing.” We're not sure how this fits into the Catholic Church covering up their priests raping young boys all over the world. Those priests weren't gay, were they?
Jim Quinn of The Burning Platform has a cheerful Guest Post: You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet - Part One at zerohedge. Watching pompous politicians, egotistical economists, arrogant investment geniuses, clueless media pundits, and self- proclaimed experts on the Great Depression predict an economic recovery and a return to normalcy would be amusing if it wasn’t so pathetic. Their lack of historical perspective does a huge disservice to the American people, as their failure to grasp the cyclical nature of history results in a broad misunderstanding of the Crisis the country is facing. The ruling class and opinion leaders are dominated by linear thinkers that believe the world progresses in a straight line. Despite all evidence of history clearly moving through cycles that repeat every eighty to one hundred years (a long human life), the present generations are always surprised by these turnings in history. I can guarantee you this country will not truly experience an economic recovery or progress for another fifteen to twenty years. If you think the last four years have been bad, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Hope is not an option. There is too much debt, too little cash-flow, too many promises, too many lies, too little common sense, too much mass delusion, too much corruption, too little trust, too much hate, too many weapons in the hands of too many crazies, and too few visionary leaders to not create an epic worldwide implosion. Too bad. We’ve experienced horrific Crisis periods three times in the last 250 years and winter has arrived again exactly as forecasted by Strauss & Howe in 1997. The linear thinkers will continue to predict a recovery that never arrives. We have awful trials and tribulations, dreadful sacrifices of blood and treasure, and grim choices awaiting our country over the next fifteen years. Linear thinkers will scoff at such a statement as they irrationally view the world as a never ending forward progression towards a glorious future. History proves them wrong. We stand here in the year 2012 with no good options, only less worse options. Decades of foolishness, debt accumulation, and a materialistic feeding frenzy of delusion have left the world broke and out of options. And still our leaders accelerate the debt accumulation, while encouraging the masses to carry-on as if nothing has changed since 2008. Sadly, millions of lemmings want to believe they will not drown in the sea of un-payable commitments. Truth is a scarce resource on the planet today. Entire populations taking comfort in their illusions transcends centuries. This is because all humans are driven by their emotions and react to events and danger in a predictable manner depending on their stage of life. Strauss & Howe in their 1997 opus – The Fourth Turning – utilized decades of studying generational dynamics to anticipate when our next Crisis would arrive and what core elements would precipitate it: [...] The American people are mentally ensnared by their decades of indoctrination from propagandists in government and on Wall Street, spoon fed to them by the corporate mainstream media. Many are afflicted with the diseases of normalcy bias and cognitive dissonance. Normalcy bias refers to a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. The American people are mentally incapable of accepting the facts of our impending economic collapse. They somehow are able to convince themselves these facts as normal: .... Read on for more happiness and cool charts and graphs. Here's another Guest Post: Open Letter To Ben Bernanke this one by Keith Weiner, also quite the hoot! Dear Ben: You have publicly gone on record with some off-the-wall assertions about the gold standard. What made you think you could get away with it? Your best strategy would have been to ignore gold. Although I concede that with the endgame of the regime of irredeemable paper money near, you might not be able to pretend that people aren’t talking and thinking about gold. You can’t win, Ben. In this letter I will address your claims and explain your errors so that the whole world can see them, even if you cannot. Before I get into your specious claims, I want to point out two of important facts. First, the gold standard exists when people are free to choose what they wish to use for money. Gold has won this market competition over thousands of years, but the key is that when people are not forced to use government-issued scrip they choose gold. And that’s the shabby little secret of your irredeemable paper money, Ben. You have legal tender laws to force creditors to accept it, whether they would or not. Will you please let people be free? Second, central planning does not work. The Politburo in the since-collapsed Soviet Union did not know how many shoes to make of what sizes. And you don’t know what rate of interest to set. Central planning has always led to the collapse of the specialization of labor and the economy with it, to the degree that it is attempted. The Federal Reserve, the central bank of the USA, is the central planner for money, credit, interest, and discount. Given the importance of money to every single aspect of the economy, it is no exaggeration to say that there is no such thing as a free market built on top of a centrally planned monetary system. In your speech at George Washington University, you made the following claims: [....] Please forgive me if my takedown runs a little bit long. I’ve found that it is much easier to commit a logical fallacy in a sound bite than it is to explain the full context. I will take your assertions in order. .... Don't miss this awesome takedown of Helicopter Ben!
Lastly Yves Smith at Naked Capitalism highlights Michael Hudson on Why There is an Alternative to European Austerity and one might argue 'American Austerity" as well. Bonnie Faulkner of Pacifica Radio’s Guns and Butter show broadcast the presentation by Stephanie Kelton and Michael Hudson on “There IS An Alternative To European Austerity: Modern Money Theory” presented at the Italian MMT Summit last month. You can listen to the recording here, or read key parts of the transcript below. Here is the first snip
- (c. 19:10): “We are all overwhelmed to see how many people are here. “Our message is very simple. And that is why it is threatening. From Margaret Thatcher to President Obama, you were told that there is no alternative. And we are here—and will spend the next two days—telling you that there is an alternative. And we will spell out what the alternative is.
“What we are seeing now is a fight for what is going to be the rest of the 21st century by creating a new kind of class, a new class much like the invasions of Europe a thousand years ago. A thousand years ago, invaders from the north and from Italy would grab land and grab public utilities by military means. But today—ever since the United States went off gold in 1971—aggressors can no longer afford military war. So, what you have today is a new kind of a war. It’s a financial war. You can get by privatisation and financialisation what armies used to get by force of arms. This is not the class war that people spoke of a hundred years ago. It is a financial war. And it is a war that classical economists warned against.
- (c. 36:29): ...The growth of compound interest is so large that it is much larger than any government’s ability to pay. And, so, the result has to be default. And the default position that Europe and America finds itself today is the point at which the financial sector makes its grab for assets and takes for itself the public domain, the public enterprises, the roads, the broadcasting systems, the ports and the harbours. And that is what is happening today. And the difference in privatising these assets is that when you privatise the roads and the infrastructure, the ‘buyers’ have to pay interest; they pay dividends; they pay exorbitant executive salaries; they pay financial fees to the underwriters; they offer stock-options to the management. And then they raise the price of these public services to the highest rent extraction that they can charge. The economy is turned into a toll booth opportunity. Toll booths are placed on the access to housing, the access to roads, the access to telephone systems, the access to credit for the money that you use by credit cards in payments. And, all of a sudden, instead of paying for the cost of operating an economy, you’re paying for the privileges of people—the financial sector and what used to be called rentiers—that are simply charging whatever they can get and siphoning off the wealth into their own hands.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." What we have now in the United States is all three branches of OUR government CAPTURED by the "aristocracy of our moneyed corporations" in SPADES defying settled law or actively changing laws to benefit the 1%. It is up to ALL OF US to PUSH BACK NOW. Of course the Sunday Talking Heads will have none of that, by definition. So throw bricks at GNEWT "Contract ON America" GINGRICH on Fake Snooze, pastor RICK WARREN on This Snufagopolis, Ohio Guv JOHN KASICH on Meet the David and RALPH REED on State of the Candy. Plenty of REAL NEWS below in the BTV Alerts and our regulars including RAY MCGOVERN on AntiWarRadio. Do tune in The H.O.R.N. on MONDAY for a special interview with CHARLES C. MANN Author of "1493". Get that garden going and have a great Sunday and a great week! Occupy somewhere!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
Monday, April 2, 2012
- Suu Kyi’s biographer Peter Popham @ Democracy NOW! From Prison to Parliament: Burma Pro-Democracy Leader Aung San Suu Kyi Wins Seat in Landmark Vote
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
- Van Jones @ Democracy NOW! Van Jones on Trayvon Martin, Racial Violence and Why Obama Ignored Race Issues for Two Years
- More Van Jones @ Democracy NOW! "Rebuild the Dream": Ex-Obama Adviser Van Jones on Life Inside White House, Right-Wing Smear Attack
- More Van Jones @ Democracy NOW! "Two Sources of Power": Van Jones on Need for Obama Re-election, Building Occupy-Like Mass Movements
- More Van Jones @ Democracy NOW! "The Fight Is Never Over": Van Jones on Keystone XL Pipeline, Green Jobs and MLK’s Legacy
Wednesday, April 5, 2012
- The Nation's John Nichols @ Democracy NOW! Mitt Romney Celebrates Primary Sweep; Embattled Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Avoids GOP Contenders
- More John Nichols @ Democracy NOW! MLK Remembered: John Nichols on Martin Luther King’s Commitment to Labor Rights as Human Rights
- Journalist Tim Weiner @ Democracy NOW! J. Edgar Hoover vs. Martin Luther King, Jr.: Book Exposes FBI’s Targeting of the Civil Rights Leader
- More Tim Weiner @ Democracy NOW! "Enemies: A History of the FBI": Tim Weiner Explores a Century of Secrets, Snooping and Subterfuge
- ACLU's Mike German @ Democracy NOW! FBI Surveillance Today: Bay Area Agents Used "Community Outreach" to Gather Intelligence on Muslims
Thursday, April 5, 2012
- Chamberlain’s son, Kenneth Chamberlain, Jr. @ Democracy NOW! Exclusive: Cop in Fatal Shooting of Ex-Marine Kenneth Chamberlain ID’d, Sued in 2008 Racism Case
Friday, April 6, 2012
- Democracy Now! co-host Juan Gonzalez @ Democracy NOW! New Details Emerge over Police Fatal Shooting of Elderly Ex-Marine Kenneth Chamberlain, Sr.
- Film director May Ying Welsh @ Democracy NOW! "Shouting in the Dark": Film Chronicles Bahrain’s Pro-Democracy Uprising Against U.S.-Backed Rule
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW The Laura Flanders Show...coming soon! After three years in daily production, GRITtv is transforming into the Laura Flanders Show, for distribution online and on public TV later this year.
»»» Jeffrey Sachs: Population Controller? In a March 1 op-ed in the Washington Post Columbia economist Jeffrey Sachs made his pitch to be the next president of the World Bank promising to “lead the bank into a new era of problem-solving.” John Cavanaugh and Robin Broad have laid out a raft of righteous concerns about Sachs’s candidacy. The “solutions” Sachs proposes to poverty, they point out, can be summed up in the not very-new words: “aid” and “trade.” As if that wasn’t bad enough, there’s Sachs’s other favorite problem solver: population control. That’s taking us to a new era, alright: right back to the nineteenth century of Thomas Malthus. Read the full article at The Nation. BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» MLB Sunday TBS Yankees @ Rays 1:40 pm et
»»» MLB Sunday Night ESPN White Sox @ Rangers 8 pm et
»»» NBA on ESPN Tuesday double-header Celtics @ Heat 7 pm et then Knicks @ Bulls 9:30 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT Thursday double-header Heat @ Bulls 8 pm et then Mavs @ Warriors 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
October2011.org Sign the Petition to Get the 99% Deficit Proposal Heard in Congress
- Please SIGN THE PETITION in support of the "99%'s Deficit Proposal" and plan direct actions to tell the Super Committee that the 99% have better solutions to our nation's crises. You can plan your own action at your Congressmember's office or join us in Freedom Plaza in Washington, DC for marches to Capitol Hill. Check our calendar for announcements.
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.org A Push for Privacy in the Wake of the Carrier IQ Controversy Remember Carrier IQ, the company that makes the secret spying software that’s installed on more than 140 million phones? You know, the software that can record our most sensitive personal data? ... Thanks in part to the 22,000 people who joined Free Press’ call for a congressional investigation, some of those questions are closer to being answered and mobile users are closer to being protected. The protection comes in the form of a bill from Massachusetts Rep. Ed Markey. Markey released a draft of a bill called the "Mobile Device Privacy Act" that would require phone companies to disclose to users just what is being done with all of their data. If the bill passes, an opt-out provision would go into effect a year later and would require companies to allow users to opt out of data-collection schemes like the one developed by Carrier IQ........
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! Kevin Zeese on ANTIWAR RADIO Kevin Zeese March 22, 2012: Kevin Zeese, Executive Director of VotersForPeace and Co-Chair of Come Home America, discusses his article "Dismissal Is the Only Option in Bradley Manning Case;" the prosecution’s withholding of government damage-assessment reports, which could help disprove Manning’s "aiding the enemy" charge; statements from President Obama and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey (last paragraph) that bolster an "unlawful command influence" defense; and whether Judge Col. Denise Lind will rule fairly, resisting the government pressure and bribes that accompany cases of this magnitude. Kevin Zeese is the Executive Director and co-founder of VotersForPeace . He also served as the Executive Director of Democracy Rising, is an attorney, and a long term peace advocate. He took a leave from VotersForPeace for most of 2006 while he was running for the U.S. Senate in Maryland. Zeese was a founding member of the Montgomery County Coalition Against the War in Maryland and has worked with various non-profit organizations on peace, justice, and democracy issues since 1978.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATIONHelp save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 7, 2012
AFGHANISTAN: 1,929 US Military Dead as of April 7, 2012
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) anchor George Stephanopoulos
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Pastor Rick Warren founder of Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif.
• Warren's wife, Kay Warren
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Yahoo News Washington bureau chief David Chalian, author and Georgetown University professor Michael Eric Dyson, Thomson Reuters Digital editor Chrystia Freeland, and Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer: The first hour-long episode of "Face the Nation" with
• Cardinal Timothy Dolan
• Religion Roundtable: Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention, Rabbi David Wolpe, of Sinai Temple in Los Angeles, Rev. Luis Cortes of Esperanza USA, plus the Washington Post's Sally Quinn and Andrew Sullivan of Newsweek and The Dish
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• An Imperfect Union - Steve Kroft reports on the debt crisis in Europe, where weaker members of the European Union struggle to pay debt and try to avoid a financial crisis in the Eurozone that could spread to the U.S. Graham Messick and Coleman Cowan are the producers.
• Joy in the Congo -The Congo's Kimbanguist Symphony Orchestra grew from one man's dream to 200 musicians and vocalists providing joy to the poor, bleak capital of Kinshasa. It's now the only symphony orchestra in Central Africa and the only all-black one in the world. Bob Simon reports. Clem Taylor and Magalie Laguerre are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Assistant Majority Leader Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• Ohio Governor John Kasich (R).
• ROUNDTABLE: Archbishop-designate of Baltimore William Lori; daughter of Billy Graham, Anne Graham Lotz; United Methodist Pastor Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO); member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Rep. Raul Labrador (R-ID); and Executive Editor at Random House, as well as author of “American Gospel: God, the Founding Fathers, and the Making of a Nation,” Jon Meacham.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• DNC Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL).
• Democratic strategist Mark Penn
• Republican strategist Linda DiVall
• Former Solicitor general Ken Starr
• Former Acting Solicitor General Neal Katyal
• founder and Chairman of the Faith and Freedom Coalition Ralph Reed
• Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO)
• David Brody, Chief Political Correspondent for the Christian Broadcasting Network
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!! Bob @ about 2:30 on Front Porch Friday's broadcast covers The Masters refusal to allow women: "That's why it has to go. It is fundamentally unfree and undemocratic."! Plus all the regulars chime in! Listen HERE (mp3) NOW! Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - April 5, 2012 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Obama pushes back on Republicans... as his USDA cuts back on food safety inspections; Water Wars: Frackers vs. Farmers in CO; Warmest March on record for half of U.S.; PLUS: Another major study smacks down climate change deniers ...
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Japan nuke plant worse off than previously indicated; OH River #1 in pollution; Mine union boss says 'Coal industry could suffer same fate as bin Laden'; Military sees threats and worry in climate change; Power source of the future: Snails!; Another warning on overfishing; Bat-killing fungus spreads; How China will force Americans to drive electric cars ... PLUS: The Brighter Side of Air Pollution ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADCAST! Guest Hosting 'Malloy Show' Friday! Scheduled tonight:
- JOHN WASHBURN of Fair Elections Wisconsin on the breaking news about Waukesha County, WI's Kathy Nickolaus, the upcoming state recall elections of Gov. Scott Walker and friends, and what you all need to know and do in order to make sure we can all have confidence in the reported results!
- PAMELA SMITH, President of Verified Voting Foundation and DAN MCCREA, President of the Florida Voters Foundation on the March 13th election disaster that struck Palm Beach County, FL as Dominion/Sequoia optical-scanners declared several losing candidates as the "winners", requiring a court to approve a hand-count last weekend to determine the real winners of the elections. And on why the hell we just don't start, finally hand-counting ballots in the first place, as per "Democracy's Gold Standard".
- GABRIEL REY-GOODLATTE of ColorofChange.org on their Anti-ALEC campaign calling on corporations to stop their funding of the American Legislative Exchange Counsel (ALEC) due to their voter-suppression advocacy and much more.
- MARGOT PAEZ of KPFK's Evening News on the fall out from students who were pepper sprayed at Santa Monica College this week while trying to express their opinions to the Board of Trustees on a 400% tuition hike.
- PLUS! Much much more than we don't have time to detail here, your phone calls over your public airwaves at 877-520-1150 and your tweets to @TheBradBlog!...
- JOHN WASHBURN of Fair Elections Wisconsin on the breaking news about Waukesha County, WI's Kathy Nickolaus, the upcoming state recall elections of Gov. Scott Walker and friends, and what you all need to know and do in order to make sure we can all have confidence in the reported results!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast Jason Leopold of Truthout: Exclusive Report on the Origins of John Yoo’s Torture Memo Investigative reporter Jason Leopold on his latest EXCLUSIVE , co-written with Dr. Jeffrey Kaye, exposing the anti-torture training manual that was the basis of many BushCo torture techniques.
• PBC Standard Podcast Boiling Frogs: Journalist Pepe Escobar on the Complex Layers and Players in Syria, Iran The inimitable Pepe Escobar of Asia Times returns with a fascinating report on Syria in this Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! April 7, 2012
• Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will be joining us to talk about the DISCLOSE Act – a piece of legislation that he has introduced that would combat the damaging effects that the Citizens United ruling has had on our democracy.
• Jason Leopold from Truthout will join us to talk about the secret documents that the Department of Homeland Security has been keeping on the Occupy Movement.
• Nation magazine contributing writer Ari Berman will join us to discuss how the wealthiest 1% have already hijacked this year’s election.
• Lee Fang from Republic Report will talk to us about the Koch Brothers efforts to buy the 2012 election – just like they did in 2010.
• Alternet contributing editor Josh Holland joins us for a discussion on the real cause of the rising price of gasoline – a cause that has nothing to do with President Obama.
• And investigative journalist Brad Friedman will tell us how Republicans are using their Super PACs to help with their voter suppression efforts.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The Death of the GOP Mike Papantonio talks about the demise of the GOP – A demise that they brought upon themselves when they began alienating people based on gender, race, and religion.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: ALEC Scoundrels Exposed Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s The Ed Show to talk about the corporations that are saying goodbye to ALEC. The controversy surrounding the secretive business group goes far beyond their support of “Stand Your Ground” legislation.
• Support Those Who Support Progressive Media! 2011 has certainly been a great year for Ring of Fire, and we’ve had some great sponsors that have helped support the show throughout the year. We wanted to take the time to personally thank each and every one of them, and we encourage all of our listeners to take the time to support those who have support us.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Cliff Schecter on SCOTUS v Obamacare, the Trayvon Martin smear campaign + more [03•30•12]
• Senator Tom Harkin on SCOTUS vs. Obamacare [03•28•12]
• Cancer Survivor Spike Ward on Healthcare in America [03•28•12]
• Ethan Rome on the Obamacare / SCOTUS case [03•28•12]
• Adam Serwer on Obamacare's Supreme Court Disaster [03•29•12]
• Josh Orton with Updates on the Wisconsin Recalls [04•02•12]
• Bruce Afran, Lawyer for the Plaintiffs in the Case Against the NDAA [04•04•12]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• They have become abattoirs where the real wealth of the nation is taken and slaughtered by maxkeiser - READ When the Abuse of Insider Information and Control Grows So Large as to Become the Market BTV jessescrossroadscafe
• KEISER REPORT [KR270] Keiser Report: Debtflation We discuss allegations of Rupert Murdoch sabotaging competitors, America buying 61 percent of its own debt and Germany lauching a strategy to counter its own largesse. In the second half of the show Max talks to Reggie Middleton about JP Morgan’s muni bond bucket shop and the US Federal Reserve buying up Treasury debt.
• KEISER REPORT [KR271] Keiser Report: Angel Dust for Ponzi-Addicts We discuss Ben Bernanke’s ‘happy dust’ and Angela Merkel’s ‘red lines’ cause ire in BRICS trade partners. In the second half of the show Max talks to Jim Rickards, author of Currency Wars, about a BRICS currency, gold and the fog of currency war.
• KEISER REPORT [KR272] Keiser Report: Anti-Bank Currency We discuss getting Zhou Tonged and Jamie Dimon-ed in financial markets. They also discuss bucket shop derivatives, a debit card repo scam and a compound of morons and regulatory flatulence. In the second half of the show Max talks to Michel Bauwens of the P2P Foundation about bitcoin in the virtual world and about pseudo abundance and artificial scarcity in the real world.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE153] On the Edge with Dan Collins
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-359] Truth About Debtflation Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Ray McGovern April 3, 2012: Ray McGovern, member of Veterans For Peace and former senior analyst at the CIA, discusses the prosecution of Poland’s former intelligence chief for helping the CIA set up a black-site torture prison; how Israel and Hillary Clinton sabotaged two Iran uranium swap deals; James Risen’s recent NY Times articles that cast doubt on Iran’s supposed nuclear threat; why Bibi Netanyahu doesn’t want Obama to win a second term; how veiled threats like “all options are on the table” violate international law; and the “high value targets” who were indefinitely detained and tortured, even after it was discovered they had, at most, minor roles in terrorist groups.
• Rajan Menon April 5, 2012: Rajan Menon, Professor and Chairman of the Department of International Relations at Lehigh University, discusses his article “Libya: What the Intervention Has Wrought ;” the numerous internal divisions tearing Libya apart and destabilizing neighboring countries like Mali; the stolen cache of weapons from Gaddafi’s arsenal now available on the black market; why China and Russia won’t be fooled into allowing another UN Security Council backdoor regime change; reprisal attacks on black Africans in Libya, no matter whether they are mercenaries or migrant workers; and how al-Qaeda-linked Abdel-Hakim Belhaj has remained a major player in Libya’s government.
• Jon Basil Utley April , 2012: Jon Basil Utley, director of Americans Against World Empire, discusses his article “Polling the Right Questions on Defense – Voters Get It Right ,” a summary of Scott Rasmussen’s book The People’s Money ; the super-majority of Americans more concerned with economic threats than military ones; the “political class” cheerleaders of US empire; European labor laws and regulations that limit business competition; and the redundancy and waste in US “defense” spending.
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• presidential candidate Newt Gingrich
• Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI)
• Senator Kent Conrad (D-ND)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml